The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-26-2007, 06:44 AM   #81
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
I understood that she was referring to the vampire-gifteds not to some additional gifteds that are on the vampire's side, yet everybody else seems to be interpreting her words the other way... Is there some problem with my interpretation (as my English is, regrettably, slightly faulty) or are some people jumping on weird conclusions?
Anyway it might be, it's pretty weird to vote for someone ie. suspect her of being a vampire because she is puzzled and possibly wrong about the roles... Who if not the vampires know the roles pretty well? Kitanna might bluff to be sure, but that's quite a far-fetched suspicion on Day1 and quite a sham reason to vote. So this would more likely make me consider suspecting Celuien from being a possible safe-voter vampire (or in that case, making an appearance of a vote that had something like a reason attached to it).

That just as a first impression. More to follow after a while.

EDIT: X'd with Eomer and Rikae
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:45 AM   #82
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Rikae mentioned that I had 'a good point about Kitanna.' But I didn't. I didn't have a single point about Kitanna. All I said was that she's a vampire and then, from nowhere, Rikae and Celuien are on her case. You, Lommy, can't understand their reasoning, and neither can I.
I should have said Celuien had a good point.

EDIT: X'd with Nogrod. To me it does look like a possible bluff. What would a vampire like more than to cast doubt on the validity of the information we'll recieve from the numbers of votes? But I'm not going to jump to conclusions; I'd like to hear Kitanna's explanation.

Last edited by Rikae; 04-26-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:51 AM   #83
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
So clearly, sha's saying that these gifteds, while on the side of the vampires, have votes (which means they are not vampires themselves).
I thought that by receiving votes Kitanna meant that people would vote them, not that they would vote somebody... This is quite confusing.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:57 AM   #84
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
No, it couldn't be. She said they all recieve votes, as does the shade, and that makes four votes that could be lies...
Innocents wouldn't be lying about voting for gifteds, because they wouldn't know the person was gifted until after "you have lynched your hunter", or the like, pops up in the narration.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:03 AM   #85
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I, like Eomer, would also like to receive clarification about the lynch seer getting the number of votes for the person who will be lynched...I remember this being discussed, but am not sure on any final conclusions that were made.

Quote:
Is there some problem with my interpretation (as my English is, regrettably, slightly faulty) or are some people jumping on weird conclusions?~Thinlo
I think the things people have jumped on were this:
Quote:
Though the vampires have no vote and will clearly be lying about who they voted for
Here she says the vampires will have no vote (which is true). Then:
Quote:
It seems unlikely, but unless I've read the rules wrong the vampires have a seer, a ranger, and a hunter on their side, correct? All of those folk receive votes, as does the shade.
It looks like she was saying you have the vampires (who can't vote), but the vampires also have a seer, ranger, and hunter on their side that can vote. Which is awkward and untrue.

Now, I don't take it to mean what Celuien said and that our Seer, Ranger, and Hunter are actually working for the vampires. But from the wording it looks like Kitanna said there are 3 vampires, but they also have a seer, ranger, and hunter on their side. That is what I'm assuming people have found awkward about it, as that is completely untrue. So, either Kitanna honestly got confused by all the roles, or she's playing up the part of the confused vampire. The vampire that looks like they are trying to help and participate, but is really just spewing out a bunch of confusion. So, Kitanna, which one is it?

Edit: x-ed with Rikae
Old 04-26-2007, 07:09 AM   #86
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
"Well, I don't have much time now," said Legate after returning from a long walk he took after he awoke. "I got to leave in about quarter an hour, and probably won't come back. Only to what's debated here now..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
Obviously it has been quite the topic already, but I'm a bit worried about this being a double-edged sword. Though the vampires have no vote and will clearly be lying about who they voted for (should SpM's plan be followed), I wonder if others will not lie as well. It seems unlikely, but unless I've read the rules wrong the vampires have a seer, a ranger, and a hunter on their side, correct? All of those folk receive votes, as does the shade. That's four votes that the voter could lie about to the village. Revealing our votes is a good idea, but I'm a bit hesitant given the amount of people who have the potential to lie about it and screw with the village.
Well, actually when I saw that comment, I didn't know what it is supposed to mean. Please help me, if you could, to decipher it:
Kitanna, based on how she read the rules, thinks:
-That the vampires have S&R&H
-I actually thought RECEIVE votes meant they can, you know, be voted for. But if I understood you correctly, "receive" here stands here for "are given their own paper to throw into the ballot box"
-So four people can vote and lie at the same time.

I don't understand why to vote for her based on this. I wouldn't say this, even if it is as you say, raises any alarm. It might or might not be a mistake, but if it was intentional, why would she want to say that? I don't get it.

Ten minutes... then I'm leaving, sorry..."

EDIT: x-ed since Nogrod
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:14 AM   #87
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzzy
Hmm, what are we supposed to take from that? You're sound like you want to look neutral - like a mysterious middleman, who would do very well to take the protection of the Vampires. After all, I'm sure they woludn't mind the additional power... and the vote.
Actually I was trying to sound like a crazy Scottish person. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Anyway, please, don't be suspicious of Rikae for flirting with me, I'd make me feel guilty.
Don't worry Mac, you do not kill the girl that does the flirting, you kill the person she is flirting with instead of you.

On a more seriouse note, my problem with this thing is that it is hard to get an overwiev of things with so many people here. . . Even when you have been lurking in the dark as I. What I do get is a few people that seems inoccent and non that stands out as evil doers. So genneral confusion would be the best way to describe my state of mind.

EDIT: Cross posted with Legate

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:18 AM   #88
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
hmmm... is it me or has people been rather confused lately... especially Rikae, where she has been mixing people up...

and yes everything is a trick, there is no magic, only tricks. i must think for a couple minutes to decide who i am going to vote for...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:19 AM   #89
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
So, either Kitanna honestly got confused by all the roles, or she's playing up the part of the confused vampire.
Exactly. And thence I think all this discussion about "what did Kitanna really say" is somewhat off-topic and misleading. It's either/or. And as a reason for even a Day1 vote I see it as a bad one. A similar case could be made of anyone around here: "a vampire might have acted like X did".

No, I don't say that Kitanna is innocent. I'm just trying to fight against that normal "feel-good"-factor which relieves villagers from making tough decisions when someone brings forwards a case-looking thing that everyone can then act on by agreeing.

So as Boro said earlier. More accusations, more suspicions - and what's the most important - reactions to them. That's what we need to have an idea about who's who. More importantly in this game where the voting record will be partly faulty and incomplete...

I try to do my part of it next.

ED. X'd from Legate onwards
Old 04-26-2007, 07:22 AM   #90
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, well...

Gil-Galad - I find it funny that he made a remark about people who have not spoken yet, remembering his previous style... I don't like his edginess at all.

The Saucepan Man - Has been reasonable this far and my gut-feeling does not alarm me. Anyway, knowing how shrewd this pan-man is, I think I need more time to condemn him in one way or another. (Not that I was sure about anyone at this phase anyway... )

Rikae - She seems quite normal and her in-caharcter things are understandable. Anyway, her accusations are quite flimsy, but then again, it was only early Day1. And then there's the Kitanna-confusion... I don't know what to think of her.

Boromir88 - He seems reasonable and has not been sending the infamous "bad vibes" this far... If you ask me he can be granted his "birthday present" of not getting lynched toDay.

Nogrod - Seems innocent enough, yes, yet I find his case against Rikae and his notions on Rikae-Gil-SPM triangle a bit weird... I mean, it's not uncharacteristic of him, but a bit rash...

Eomer of the Rohirrim - For a change, he seems innocent to me. His Kitanna-experiment is most intriguing. I'm not worried about him right now.

Brinniel - From her little activity toDay it's difficult to perceive anything, but the few things she has said do not worry me.

Legate of Amon Lanc - Well, I like his IC-posts and I like the fact he's both making those and contributing to the game. I would not like to get rid of his reasonability today, unless he give me a good reason to suspect him, which he hasn't done this far.

Aganzir - Not much to say about her, good or bad.

Meneltarmacil - I can't form a clear picture of him. He makes me slightly uneasy.

Xyzzy - Seems to be familiarly in-character and absent... I hope he'll be back with more substance!

Roa_Aoife - While I see she wants to banter with Nogrod, I don't see why she accuses him both for too strong words (ie quick judging?) and waffling.

Macalaure - He lacks the edginess and aggressiveness which has caused me to suspect him at times in past (err... last time when I was a wolf and he was the seer... ) but right now he's not worrying me - on the contrary, he seems pretty innocent this far.

Diamond18 - She's more serious and absent than usually, but might be because of time problems etc. Does not seem particularly innocent...

Shastanis Althreduin - although he writes nicely I'd like to see more non-in-character things from him... this far he's only played in-character and defended himself... not a very good sign

Celuien - I don't get her Kitanna-"case". I think I need to go through her posts once more to form a clearer picture of her.

Kitanna - Well the whole Kitanna-thing needs to be cleared by herself.

Sleepy Ranger - Well, you can't say much about him.

Durelin - Very durelistic. That does not tell much, though.

Glirdan - Absent...

Rune Son of Bjarne - He's mysterious, for one, which makes me think he's an attention-seeking ordo. His insubstantiality (sp?) however makes me think he could be a vampire as well. A difficult one.

The Sixth Wizard - He seems very honest and his denial of SPM's suggestion speaks for his innocence in my opinion.

edit: xed with Rune, Gil and Noggie
Old 04-26-2007, 07:23 AM   #91
Gil-Galad

Alright, after reading Boro's post about kitanna, who could be a vampire playing a confused innocent, i am torn between rikae and kitanna... but i have heard more from rikae then kitanna so...

i have sent in my vote for Rikae

Xed with Lommy
Old 04-26-2007, 07:24 AM   #92
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Typed as I read, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
If we do get the exact number, it will be even better if the figures are correct! I mean, that would be a lot of known innocents all at once, wouldn't it? (though the semi-innocent shade might be among them)
Well, sort of, but that depends on whether or not you think the lynch seer is innocent, doesn't it? Don't forget that the vampires can be lynch seers, too. Wouldn't be just perfect if the Vampire came out and claimed that the number of votes added up, thus making one of his allies a known innocent? While this would be useful, and I encourage any innocent who is the lynch seer to come forward with the count, I would advise against taking their word at face value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
"I think Eomer has a good point about Kitanna. I can't quite believe she would honestly make the mistake of thinking the gifteds were on the vampires' side. I would be interested in hearing more from her.
While Nogrod's and Gil's case were almost pure fabrication, this, Eomer, is what you were looking for, I believe. Rikae, that's how we caught Glirdan last game. How could you fall for it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I have cast my vote for Kitanna. On reflection, it was rather odd to think that the vampire-seer/ranger/hunter were additional roles.
That's the flimsiest case yet. And you seem to have fallen into the same trap as Rikae. Also, you seemingly agreed to the plan of posting our votes, while discrediting it in the same post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Rikae mentioned that I had 'a good point about Kitanna.' But I didn't. I didn't have a single point about Kitanna. All I said was that she's a vampire and then, from nowhere, Rikae and Celuien are on her case. You, Lommy, can't understand their reasoning, and neither can I.
Ah, I was right.

And people, in all this talk of what Kitanna said, we are missing the point that two people jumped on an weakly expressed suspicion.

EDIT: Crossed with Lommy and Gil

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:26 AM   #93
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'll lay my cards on the table..I'm more leaning towards giving Kitanna the benefit of the doubt. It's obviously easy to get mixed up here. I'm more inclined to vote for Menel - not a spite vote, mind you, but because he's doing with me what I did as a wolf in Nogrod's game; picking someone vocal and safe to target with apparently, little thought on his part.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:29 AM   #94
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
hmmm... is it me or has people been rather confused lately... especially Rikae, where she has been mixing people up...
Well it seems pretty many people are confused, which I don't wonder at all, since I'm myself slightly confused about some things...

Roa, you're a láthspell for sure, pointing out all the bad things people (read: I) haven't realised or haven't been thinking about yet... I must say that last post of Roa's made me more comfortable about her.

edit: xed with Rikae
Old 04-26-2007, 07:29 AM   #95
Gil-Galad

Remember, it is only day One, and none of us have that much to go off of, so we have to use what is here...

xed with lommy
Old 04-26-2007, 07:31 AM   #96
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
And people, in all this talk of what Kitanna said, we are missing the point that two people jumped on an weakly expressed suspicion.
Just my words... although I'm not sure how strongly Rikae "jumped on it" but anyhow she went on with them and has been interestingly quiet after she crossposted with my suspicions of the case against Kitanna (which was mainly pointed towards Celuien's vote).

EDIT: X'd with Rikae onwards... so forget what I said about Rikae being interestingly quiet...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #97
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
While Nogrod's and Gil's case were almost pure fabrication, this, Eomer, is what you were looking for, I believe. Rikae, that's how we caught Glirdan last game. How could you fall for it now?
Clearly, I wouldn't and didn't.
I looked at her post to see what she was "doing", and indeed, it looked fishy. If we had a cobbler, I'd say it looked cobblerish, but I don't think we do.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #98
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Legate was quickly packing his things. "I'm going to explore some further parts of the cave. I already stopped by at the Oracle and gave him my vote. Since you have spoken all very much when I slept and I didn't have chance to think of everything of it seriously to think any of you more guilty than the other, I had to stick with my primary suspicion, which was Six." Legate threw the last of his newly-acquired possessions into the bag and waved. "Don't worry, I'll be back. Just don't kill each other when I'm away. See you tomorrow." With these words, he disappeared to the darkness far from the fire's light.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 04-26-2007 at 07:34 AM. Reason: x-ed since Rikae's last but one
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #99
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I wouldn't say this, even if it is as you say, raises any alarm. It might or might not be a mistake, but if it was intentional, why would she want to say that?~Legate
Well if she's innocent she wants clarification. If she's a vampire it's I think what Nogrod said:
Quote:
Exactly. And thence I think all this discussion about "what did Kitanna really say" is somewhat off-topic and misleading.
Then it is to get us off topic and mislead.

Which leads me to this next:
Quote:
So as Boro said earlier. More accusations, more suspicions -
It's time to stop diddy-daddling and let's get some names out here.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been really too much that strikes me too vampirish, besides Eomer's nice eye regarding Rikae and Celuien jumping on his 'suspicion' of Kitanna. Of those two I would go for Celuien. Usually I don't suspect those who vote amongst the first. However, this time it's different. As these votes in the thread don't mean squat to the vampires, so they will post their fake vote in here whenever they feel like it.

And perhaps the vampires would like to post their 'votes' in here early on to try to get someone under some suspicion and get a bandwagon going. I wonder if that's what happened here. Eomer announces that he suspects Kitanna, Rikae jumps on it, but even more suspicious Celuien quickly announces her vote for Kitanna.

Eomer may have just set a brilliant trap, so for now I trust him.

Roa has been a cool guiding force trying to keep us on task, so like Eomer, for now I trust her.

Everyone else is kind of in the mix. And besides Rikae or Celuien, I am nervous about Legate. Not only has Legate been playing a bit too nice, but I haven't seen anything from Legate as far as suspects. Legate has solely been defending people and saying 'that doesn't raise an alarm and if it does it's not enough to lynch someone.' This I find quite worrying as:

1. I find not listing names and throwing people under the light to only be a detriment to the village...we need to get more suspects here, (not just Rikae and Kitanna). Too many suspects helps the vampires, but so does too few!

2. Of course on Day 1 we are not going to find any sort of convincing evidence for lynching someone...it's a crap shoot, we take a little nit-picky thing someone spotted and roll with it. That's how Day 1 works, so all this cautioning of let's not lynch someone because there is not enough 'evidence' to lynch someone does us no good. As there is no evidence to start out with, and we go with what we got.

x-ed with many many many people
Old 04-26-2007, 07:41 AM   #100
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I precent you with my choice of the day: Menel

He is kind of an easy target, but hey what can you expect on day one. It is either him or complete randomness. . .

Anyways he had his firs IC post which as saucie said did not contain much substanse and ever since he had only done one liners.

I am of course going to use the classical "flying under the radar" argumentation, but I think it applies very well in this case. Saying nothing of substance, but posting frequently enough not to be marked downs as "not contributing". OK if it was to be perfect he would have to make a bit longer posts, but it always differs depending on the person.

ok that was my reasoning for wanting to vote for him. . .and now for something completely different.

He mentioned that we should not be giving anyone the benifit of the doubt and Saucie thought this a bad idea, I think I will actually defend Menel a bit on that part. Too often have people been given the benifit of the doubt and turned out to be wolves, in some cases these persons actually won the game, I my self have been guilty on doing this. Especially 2 wolwish victories comes to mind. The one of Nilp not too long ago and the one of Malkatoj quite some time ago.

I think there is actually wisdome in not giving people like Sleepy too much leash.

any who I will be voting for Menel.

EDIT: Cross posted with a whole lot of people. . .I cannot say exactly how many as I forgot what the last thing I read was.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:45 AM   #101
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I just sent in my vote.

++Menel
Old 04-26-2007, 07:47 AM   #102
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

At this point, I'm rather torn between voting Nogrod, Celuien, and Rikae.

Nogrod- for his fabricated case against Rikae. Even if she is evil, it could very easily be a Vamp on Vamp play, especially since there's no truth to it whatsoever. Nogrod could also rest easy knowing that with out his vote, she wouldn't be in trouble.

Celuien and Rikae - both for falling into Eomer's trap, and extra to Celuien for discrediting the plan while agreeing to it at the same time.

Legate is also irking me a bit, but I can't come up with a logical reason why. It may be the "too nice" thing that was previously mentioned, but until I can put my finger on it, I'll leave it be, and just watch him more closely. (If I don't get lost with the incharacterness of his posting.

I've decided to ease my suspicion of Gil, but only for now- it's not the first time he's been innocent with, at best, highly confusing cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Roa, you're a láthspell for sure, pointing out all the bad things people (read: I) haven't realised or haven't been thinking about yet...
Seeing as when I do a search on that word I get entries for Gandalf, I'll happily take that as a compliment.

Edit: Cross posted with the last three.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:48 AM   #103
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

First those I have some ideas already.

I think I'm trusting Boro and Mac enough toDay. They have both spoken wisely and contributed to our cause. They are both men cabable of doing the very same thing were they villains but with these grounds ("a vampire might have done that as well") I'm not ready to suspect them more than necessary toDay.

Spm's early self-defence got me a bit worried but that's no reason to lynch him on Day1 either. Too risky. And he said he'll be back toDay so maybe we can hear more from him.

Rikae I'm in doubt. When I got to sleep the last time I thought that I would announce openly not to vote for her toDay as she's too valuable as an innocent to us. But as I've read more toDay after that I must say that I'm not declining the possibility of voting her.

Celuien's voting-decision really bothers me. She might be the one I'll go for.

I said yesterday (RL) that I liked the way Gil plays now but he has done a lot to make me change my mind after that...

Sleepy I can't vote as there are RL reasons for his little appearance.

A few things with Roa to follow...

Edit: X'd from Legate on...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:52 AM   #104
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I should be leaving soon and I don't know who to vote... probably Cel or Menel. They seem the most suspicious this far. Anyway, I'm now to check through their posts.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:53 AM   #105
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

heh I forgot to put my vote in the proper form to avoid confusion. (yes I have sent it as well)

++Menel

Old 04-26-2007, 07:56 AM   #106
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I'll be voting for:

++Legate

Now I must depart
Old 04-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #107
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You know, I've been thinking- Rikae has been acting rather suspiciously, especially since jumping on Eomer's "point" about Kitanna. It was an obvious trap, and given that we just used that the last game to catch a wolf, it makes me wonder. Is she trying to get lynched? Why would a Vamp do that, you ask?

My theory: Rikae is the Vampire Hunter. Rikae and her fellows are trying to get her lynched so she can take out a dangerous player with her, and the vamps get a second kill in the night. This would be even more possible if the Vampire Seer got lucky last night and found one of our gifted. It might be early in the game, but I'm not so sure.

Of course, I could be horribly mistaken about how the Vampire hunter functions, so I'm going to double check if the VH kills on a lynch.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #108
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I have been reading through the thread, and this far Sixth would seem quite innocentish, except for his opinion about revealing who to vote for at the beginning of the game. I also liked Roa's points.

I have no idea who I should vote for. No one seems to be strikingly suspicious. However, I didn't like how Xyzzy seized upon Rune's "Maybe you do and maybe you don't". One (and maybe the most possible) explanation could be that as this is the first Day, people are looking for some, at least a little suspicious signs on other players (this is what I'm doing right now?).
The others I'm slightly concerned about are Menel and Celuien. At first I was inclined to trust Celuien, but as I read her posts again, they left a little uncomfortable feeling, as did also her vote for Kitanna.

I would also like to hear more experienced players' opinions about following: would it be unwise (or unnecessary) to discuss more about this lynch seer thing? It might affect on voting if we were aware who would kill who in case of being lynched & given the chance to kill someone, or, were one the lynch seer, for who would s/he allow a free kill (in case s/he solves the riddle). As far as I've been thinking, I can't come up with any idea of how the Vampires could possibly benefit from seeing us discuss about these matters. Vice versa, it might be useful to see how easily some are ready to cast a vote on person who has hinted s/he might, given the chance, be ready to kill the voter. And what if the person to be lynched has announced to kill somebody trusted by the most? Would it be against the principles of the game to agree upon that whoever the lynch seer is, this person will not be given a free kill?
This may be a bad idea, but I thought it worth mentioning.

edit: x'd since Rikae.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:14 AM   #109
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Roa's insistence on my suspiciousness is no news. She does it always. And like the last game she's barking at the wrong tree again. What I'm a bit worried about is that she's made even worse case on me now than she did the last time (when she was wrong as well - and an innocent being wrong!).

But as she clearly is an intelligent woman, I'm getting some doubts to my mind from her insistence yet again. An innocent looks for the best of the village, not to try and get someone lynched just because she would like to get that someone lynched.

The funny point about Roa's case this far is the following. She accuses me of lying. We'll here's the stuff:
Quote:
Nogrod's blatant lying about Rikae's "blatant lying"
I would like to say, that I might accuse Roa of blatant lying about myself lying blatantly about Rikae's blatant lying... and I'm pretty convinced that I'm more to the target here than she is (well, I know it, but anyhow).

But yes. I'm not going to pursue this any further toDay. If I'm here toMorrow I might exchange a few comments with Roa then. I have better candidates toDay.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:14 AM   #110
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I would also like to hear more experienced players' opinions about following: would it be unwise (or unnecessary) to discuss more about this lynch seer thing? It might affect on voting if we were aware who would kill who in case of being lynched & given the chance to kill someone, or, were one the lynch seer, for who would s/he allow a free kill (in case s/he solves the riddle).
This may be a good idea. The only point I can think against is that a vampire might get the riddle and realize that the lynchee wants to kill another vampire, thus removing the chance. This case may be unlikely. Also, the lynchee may change their mind upon death, re-reading through the thread, and picking a new target, as it their right.

Beyond that, however, I see no reason not to do it. It's a bit late in the Day now, however. It'd be best to wait until Day 2, when we have fewer people but more information, and more time to discuss the idea. For now, it'd be safe to assume that a lynchee would go for their top suspect(s).

edit: crossed with Nogrod

Old 04-26-2007, 08:17 AM   #111
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I might as well make a little summary

Celuien
#41 Says there are cases where innocents could/should feign voting early, to use the feign vote like a retractable vote is sometimes used. I disagree with her since this'll cause far too much confusion and distrust between the innocents. Yet she still says she will post her votes. Hmmm... this makes me quite uneasy. Why didn't I spot this slight suspiciousness before? Must have been because of the sympathic frog-comment...
#52 Corrects Kitanna about the rules and says the shade is interesting. Hmm.. if she noted Kitanna's mistake here, why did she consider it suspicious only when Eomer said it is?
#72 "I have cast my vote for Kitanna. On reflection, it was rather odd to think that the vampire-seer/ranger/hunter were additional roles."

Menel
#13 A traditional advice-giving post. But I don't like his advice... This early on I see nothing bad with giving people the benefit of doubt. Somehow the title "A bit of in-character banter, but some of it's serious" makes me wary... (Am I paranoid?)
#36 He defends his advice innocentishly, but then jumps on Boromir on quite flimsy grounds: he says he'll definitely be watching Boro since he had said he didn't want to die today. Granted, he didn't get the thing about Boro's birthday, but still... In this post Menel also agrees with SPM and finds Rikae worriesome. How convenient.
#53 Doesn't trust rikae, says she's going to get his vote tonight most probably.
#57 Corrects Rikae.
#73 "Well, I just sent in my vote for Rikae, and that should be all for toDay."

Oh, and I'll be taking a close look at Gil tomorrow. I'm uneasy about him, but I'd like to hear more of him or what others think of him before voting him... (Funnily, he's been more active than my other top suspects Cel and Menel who I feel readier to judge... ) Also, I wouldn't like to lynch him (Gil) today - as there is no good reason for it - he has been one of the most active people toDay.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:18 AM   #112
Gil-Galad

I really can't see anything againest Menel... i fear that we will either be hurting ourselves by voting for him... i won't say anything more...

but for now we must wait till this oracle shows up again...

xed with lommy
Old 04-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #113
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
It's a bit late in the Day now, however. It'd be best to wait until Day 2, when we have fewer people but more information, and more time to discuss the idea.
Agreed. Let's try to figure out the lynch for toDay. It looks to me that either all the people are leaving it to the last minute or they are not going to reveal their votes. The latter option is the worst we can get. If only half of the village tell whom they voted we will have basically no benefit from the votes.

Yes, three people will lie about their votes but if we "know" all the votes we can make inferences and they are better than nothing. So please people do not slip away without stating your votes here too.

Anyone has the tally so far? If not I'll take a look at it after a small pause I need now.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:23 AM   #114
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Lomiella lowers her voice, as if telling a secret. "I voted Cel", she says and giggles. "She seemed the most suspicious. Her jumping on Eomer's accusations against Kitanna was very weird, especially as she had commented on Kitanna's words before."

Then Lomiella casts a look at the bearded woman and the woman with short hair. "As to the lynch-seer negotiating, it might be a good idea... - Aganzir, that made me feel you're innocent. - But let's not do that toDay maybe, like Roa said. I don't think anyone will be trusting any other person enough to grant them a kill at this phase... or I hope no one is."

Once again, Lomiella flushes her eyelashes. "Now I'll be going to sleep. see you toMorrow, dearies."

edit: xed with Gil and Noggie
Old 04-26-2007, 08:25 AM   #115
Gil-Galad

Kitanna - 1
rikae - 2
Menel - 2
Cel - 3

last time i checked...

xed with lommy

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 04-26-2007 at 08:29 AM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #116
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Roa points out well the possibility of a vampire being the lynch seer. However, assuming that the mod will assign the lynch seer gift at random (which is, I hasten to add, not the readiest assumption we will ever make) this will still give us information and leads, possibly highly valuable.

Be as public as you can; chances are it will help us.

I will be voting for ++CELUIEN
Old 04-26-2007, 08:27 AM   #117
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
But as she clearly is an intelligent woman, I'm getting some doubts to my mind from her insistence yet again. An innocent looks for the best of the village, not to try and get someone lynched just because she would like to get that someone lynched.
It's mildly insulting that you suggest I would try to get you lynched simply because it's you, and not because there's any real suspcion against you. The fact is that your case against Rikae is full of holes that show you are either lying or you didn't read the thread very well before you accused her. Since you offered no excuse in that area, I must assume it is the former. And this is hardly the inisistance used in the last game. I just pointed out the faultiness in your case. Your reaction of "suspecting her because she suspects me" is almost as flimsy. Even if you are innocent, which I have not ruled out this time either, narrowing your views this way is hardly for the benefit of the village.

But if I didn't honestly find you suspicious, I wouldn't try to get you lynched, not even for old rivalries, and not even if I was evil. I enjoy playing with you too much to look for ways to get rid of you on Day 1.

I have to go, and I vote for Celuien.

Edit: Crossed with everyone since my last post

Old 04-26-2007, 08:28 AM   #118
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Vote x'd with Lommy.

And to stay in character, this fearful squabbling is frightfully delicious and fun! And lots more horror to come tonight! I deem it good, yes...goooood....
Old 04-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #119
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
Kitanna - 1
rikae - 2
Menel - 2
Cel - 3

last time i checked...

xed with lommy

celuien is in the lead with 3 votes right now...
Old 04-26-2007, 08:31 AM   #120
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Okay.

Rikae 2
Menel 2
Celuien 3
Kitanna 1
Sixth 1
Legate 1

That means 13 votes still to come or undeclared... It's not going too well for us if we think of gathering some information from these toMorrow...

EDIT: upgraded the tally with Roa's vote