The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #321
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Though I would prefer Menel, I will rather vote Legate than see Boro or Nogrod gone.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #322
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
No, I was talking of her post #14,
Sorry, typo. No, when I posted that, it was more to clear up the point about Rikae than to "cast asperations on your character."

Battery gone, have to go.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #323
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Diamond: Nogrod (Nogrod 1)
Gil: Shasta (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1)
Shasta: Gil (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1)
Kitanna: Rikae (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 1)
Sixth: Rikae (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2)
Rikae: Legate (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 1)
Menel: Boro (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 1, Boro 1)
Rune: Menel (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 1, Boro 1, Menel 1)
Boro: Legate (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 1, Menel 1)
Roa: Nogrod (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 1, Menel 1)
Durelin: Boro (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 1)

This is ridiculous. We need to save Rikae!

Much as I counselled against saving votes until the last minute, I will hold my vote until it becaomes clearer who the "save Rikae" candidate is. It should be someone who curremtly has 2 stated votes. My preference is still Nogrod.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:51 AM   #324
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Did it.

++MENEL

edit: mass xing
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:52 AM   #325
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Obviously, it has little bearing now as far as Rikae is concerned, but I pick you up on it as you are seeking to use it to cast aspersions on my character.
No, I was making a vague, in-character accusation in hopes of tricking a wolf into making too much of it, and simultaneously making an obscure joke.
My first post in my first WW game was exactly what I described - joking about my own death and a long description of the situation at hand - and I caught a lot of flack for it, I might add.
Ah, WWJ XII! Good times!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #326
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++ Menel

Let's seal this.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #327
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So be it:

++ Meneltarmacil
Old 04-28-2007, 08:54 AM   #328
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Menel it is then.

++Meneltarmacil
Old 04-28-2007, 08:54 AM   #329
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Legate...you are. And so is Nogrod...and Menel, I think...
So I'm going for Menel, he had stranger posts yesterday, at least more than Nog...

++Menel

EDIT: x-d with all from Rikae's last but one
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 08:55 AM   #330
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
++ Menel

it is then...

Have a good dream Rikae!

And it will be nice to read some of this last posting toMorrow. Please read carefully then.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:22 AM   #331
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Six votes after mine...anyone could have been lynched.

Why doesn't anyone ever try and vote for who they really think is suspicious?

If Menel is by some miracle a vampire my foot will be in my mouth, but that would be a sucky way for a vampire to be killed, anyway.

Pfft. These "last minute settlings" are a new fad.

No, the game thread isn't technically closed yet...so there.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:26 AM   #332
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
It is now. And there was me trusting you lot to shut up of your own accord. I won't make that mistake again.

Day 2 is over. No more posting. Anyone that hasn't sent in their dream/protection/hunt etc may do so now and the vampires may talk amongst themselves.

Night 3 begins.
Old 04-29-2007, 08:00 AM   #333
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
The next half-period arrived, and at first glance it seemed that the night had been less busy than the last. But 5 among the villagers knew this was not the case.

~ ~ ~ ~

The vampires stood again upon the high tower, not speaking to each other for fear of another argument breaking out between them. They simply stood in the silent darkness, their vampire hearing allowing them to listen to the quiet breathing of the sleeping Men below.

Or perhaps not sleeping. Lossenatar was the first to notice the almost silent footsteps creeping around the small home the Men had made for themselves. Quickly he nudged Numundo and Firithhyando, motioning for them to listen too.

Their sharp eyes soon caught sight of a figure robed in black flitting among the various beds, apparently searching for something.

"What is it?" Numundo asked, but received only demands to be quiet in reply.

Suddenly the figure stopped and turned back on itself, heading with purpose toward one bed in particular. As it moved a glint of metal could be seen, a glint that soon turned into a full-blown sword that was raised above its unsuspecting victims chest.

The vampires held their unneeded breath and watched, knowing they couldn't reach the figure in time to stop it from killing whoever was under the blanket. But someone could.
A shadow so cloaked in the darkness that even the vampires hadn't been able to pick them out appeared before the armed figure.

"No." It said. "This one is protected."

The arm wielding the sword paused for a moment, and then pushed its weapon downwards with as much force as it could, only to find it's route blocked. With a snarl the figure turned on it's heel and ran, disappearing through the torchlit chambers. The protector looked down at their still sleeping charge and, with a smile, did the same.

~ ~ ~ ~

"They have protection!" Cried Numundo.

"And why shouldn't they?" Asked Lossenatar. "They are only Men, most without weapons, and entirely unaware of the dangers that could befall them here."

"Enihilion knew and Yulnagar allowed him to be killed. He had no protection. No, these humans will not be let off so lightly"

Before the others could give words of warning Numundo had set off again, his bat-like form swooping down.

This time his flight took him to Roa, the observer of people. She was asleep, her petite form curled tight to keep her body from feeling the cold.

Numundo watched as she shivered in her sleep and a devious thought came into his mind.

"If you want warmth my friend you will have to fetch it."

Roa's eyes opened, and if anybody had been there they would have seen that they were glazed over, for she wasn't truly awake. Just as Brinniel had, she heard a voice in her head, and it was so lovely that even the thought of not doing as it suggested made her feel ill. And so she went outside, picked up the torch that was burning just outside her house, and set it's flame to the wooden structure.

As the orange tongues licked their way up the side of the building she walked back into it and lay down on the bed, hugging the torch to her chest to keep warm.

Numundo watched in satisfaction. There would be no more protection this night.

~ ~ ~ ~

The time of reckoning again approached, and all but one of the Men were gathered by the clock as it struck and the Oracle arrived.

"Let us see if you have chosen any more wisely today.

”The archer great, a knight of old from the land of old. To the heart of fun half the arrows fly.”

"What's that you say, soldier?" Came a loud voice from the back of the crowd. "A war starting in far yonder lands? Well we'd best get over there quick hadn't we!"

And Menel came bursting through the ranks of his fellow villagers, intent upon making it out of the chamber, but the Oracle was in no mood to 'play' today.

"Stop!" It called, and Menel found himself obeying. "We will not have another scene like yesterdays. You have been chosen, you will die."

The watching villagers covered their faces with their hands, not wanting to witness another dreadful sight, but unable to avoid hearing the sickening crunching sounds. Collectively they counted to 10, and then gingerly uncovered their faces to find out Menel's fate.

The Oracle met their gazes as it slowly puffed on the ornate pipe in Enohl's mouth. The villagers looked confused for a moment, unable to work out what had happened, when suddenly Sleepy cried out in disgust.

"Ugh! You're ... you're smoking Menel! That's just horrible!"

A groan of dismay met his words as the others realised that he was right.

"That's it. I can't take this anymore. You lot can stay here and meet your doom if you like, I'm ending this now!"

He took off at a run and the villagers followed behind, wanting to put as much distance between them and the sick-minded Oracle as possible. They trailed Sleepy to the highest tower where, unbeknownst to most of them, the vampires had spent the night. They watched as he climbed to the top, and gasped as they realised what he was about to do.

"Don't do it!" They cried, but it was too late. Sleepy's form hurtled toward them, moving so fast they could barely hear his scream on the wind, and slammed into the ground before them.

Sickened they turned away, and then saw with dismay the burnt and blackened shell that had been the house of Roa. Slowly they made their way toward it, dreading what they were going to see next. The walls had been completely destroyed, so they crept carefully over the planks lying on the floor and made their way inside. But there was nothing to see, for all that was left of Roa was a pile of ash.

~ ~ ~ ~

Feeling thoroughly defeated the villagers made their way back to the square and despondently inquired of the Oracle whether any of the deaths so far had actually taken a vampire.

"No." It said, and with a final puff of it's pipe the Oracle left them to their talk.

~ ~ ~ ~

The living:

Gil-Galad (Gil)

The Saucepan Man (Esspiem/SPM)

Rikae

Boromir88 (Boro)

Nogrod

Eomer of the Rohirrim (Eomer)

Thinlómien (Lomiella/Lommy)

Legate of Amon Lanc (Legate)

Aganzir

Xyzzy

Macalaure (Mac)

Diamond18 (Di)

Shastanis Althreduin (Shasta)

Kitanna

Durelin

Glirdan (Glirdy)

Rune Son of Bjarne (Rune)

The Sixth Wizard (Morgan/Sixth)

The dead:

Celuien (Cel) – Turned into a chair by the Oracle after being voted out on Day 1. Innocent.

Brinniel – Possessed by the Vampires to write poetry with her own blood on Night 2. Innocent.

Menel - Turned into a pipe by the Oracle after being voted out on Day 2. Innocent.

Roa - Possessed by the Vampires to torch herself on Night 3. Innocent.

Sleepy - Committed suicide by jumping off the highest tower on Night 3. Innocent.

DAY 3

All votes should still be sent to the gmail address, or PMed to me if you've cleared that with Volo.

You may now start talking.

Last edited by Kath; 05-01-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: removing reference to Gil as I got the date of his holiday wrong
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 08:21 AM   #334
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Oh no.

I'm afraid I don't have good news either.
My dream last night only revealed a second ordo.

I'm not sure whether I should reveal them or not.
I take it from the narration that the vampires thought Roa was the ranger, but she was not...
though she's still a great loss to us.

It also looks like the...shade tried to kill me last night?
So I can't count on his/her protection, that's for sure.
I don't know why the shade would want to kill me, though. Finding the werewolves is everyone's best chance for survival, including his or hers...

I suppose, since I certainly will be killed tonight, I'll have to reveal both innocents; though they can't both be protected. But before I do, I want your input...just in case I'm missing something.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:07 AM   #335
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
I suppose, since I certainly will be killed tonight, I'll have to reveal both innocents; though they can't both be protected. But before I do, I want your input...just in case I'm missing something.
It looks that way. So, I can't see any reason not to reveal them.

Quote:
I don't know why the shade would want to kill me, though. Finding the werewolves is everyone's best chance for survival, including his or hers...
Possibly, the Shade was worried that you might reveal him or her. Still, at least we know that the Shade cannot try to kill again toNight. Perhaps he or she might be persuaded to protect you, although we cannot rely on it.

Here's yesterDay's "voting record":

Di: Nogrod (Nogrod 1)
Gil: Shasta (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1)
Shasta: Gil (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1)
Kitanna: Rikae (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 1)
Sixth: Rikae (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2)
Rikae: Legate (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 1)
Menel: Boro (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 1, Boro 1)
Rune: Menel (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 1, Boro 1, Menel 1)
Boro: Legate (Nogrod 1, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 1, Menel 1)
Roa: Nogrod (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 1, Menel 1)
Durelin: Boro (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 1)
Lommiella: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 2)
Aganzir: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 3)
Mac: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 4)
Esspiem: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 5)
Legate: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 6)
Nogrod: Menel (Nogrod 2, Shasta 1, Gil 1, Rikae 2, Legate 2, Boro 2, Menel 7)

No stated vote: Eomer, Sleepy, Xyzzy, Glirdy

I would like to hear from Eomer and Xyzzy (and Glirdy, if he's still with us) as to whether they submitted a vote to the Oracle yesterDay and, if so, what it was.

I would also like to hear from the Lynch Seer (assuming it was not one who died) as to the number of votes cast for Menel, although perhaps after Eomer and Xyzzy at least have been given a chance to speak.

Some thoughts on the Celuien voting situation coming up.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:12 AM   #336
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I'm not sure whether I should reveal them or not.
You shouldn't take those names to your grave with you... THey will have at least toDay and toMorrow to be with us.

And yes. It looks like the shade was on you, which I find pretty troubling...
Old 04-29-2007, 09:21 AM   #337
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Roa was almost cetainly killed because she was dangerous to the Vampires (so much for them being sporting, eh, Noggie ...). It is possible that it was also an attempt to set up Nogrod, although it is also possible that he is a Vampire and the Roa kill was a bluff to make us think he was set up. I’m not pursuing that train of thought until Rikae reveals her dreams, though, as it is quite possible that she dreamed of him last Night.

Now, this Celuien vote. With only Glirdy not having stated a vote for Day 1, four people claimed to have voted for her and yet the Night 2 Lynch Seer, Eomer, told us that she received five votes.

As I see it, there are two possibilities. The first is that Eomer is a Vampire and told us that there were five votes for her in attempt to hide the fact that there were only three (as his would not have counted). However, that would require at least one of the stated Day 1 Legate voters also to be lying, since Celuien would have needed to be tied with him at least to have been chosen for death. I regard this situation as unlikely.

The other possibility is that Eomer was telling the truth and that there were five votes cast for Celuien. In which case, either it was Glirdy who cast the fifth vote for her (unlikely) or one of those who claimed to vote for someone else was lying and actually voted for Celuien. In these circumstances, it is virtually certain that all those who claimed to vote for Celuien actually did vote for her and are therefore innocent. Unfortunately one of those, Roa, is dead. But it speaks greatly in favour of Lomiella, Eomer and Aganzir.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:21 AM   #338
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It indeed that the shade has taken the vampires' side, at least for now. That is not especially good news. Maybe he or she finds the baddies more intriguing - I mean, if I was the shade, I wouldn't necessarily be playing for the village, even though it'd be easier. I just hope he or she sees what is best to his or her own interest and changes sides... Or then he or she is just crazily switching sides from day to day just to amuse him/herself... Actually I wouldn't wonder if he or she was doing so...

edit: xed with SPM
Old 04-29-2007, 09:24 AM   #339
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Sauce, I think Roa was killed because the vampires maybe thought that Rikae would dream of Roa (or that she already had).
Old 04-29-2007, 09:30 AM   #340
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomiella
Sauce, I think Roa was killed because the vampires maybe thought that Rikae would dream of Roa (or that she already had).
Yes, fair point. And she was under less suspicion than Noggie and me, the other two from Rikae's original dream possibilities. In fact, I am not sure that anyone really suspected Roa that much. Nogrod made a weak case against her, but that was seemingly mainly in response to her suspicion of him.

I have had a brief review, and Roa's other suspects appear to have been Gil and Durelin and, possbly, me. But her main suspect was definately Noggin.

Given his weak case against her and her strong case against him, I am not sure at all that a Vampiric Nogrod would have chosen Roa as his kill.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:43 AM   #341
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Reviewing yesterDay‘s “voting record“, it is quite possible that one (or possibly even two) of the Vampires was at risk of being lynched before the votes for Menel poured in and so a Vampire took the opportunity to state a vote for Menel in order to turn the votes against him. After all, we were all waiting to see who the best “save Rikae” candidate would be. And, with the “save Rikae” candidate likely to receive a lot of votes, it would have been less risky for a Vampire to be caught among them.

Something worth considering, possibly, as and when we have more information on the Menel voting situation.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #342
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Given his weak case against her and her strong case against him, I am not sure at all that a Vampiric Nogrod would have chosen Roa as his kill.
Roa's strong case?

Saying something loudly and confidently doesn't make up a good case.

I would also wait for Rikae now (where are you?) as it's no use to put our energies to things we may know in a minute or two.

I'm going to be more active in an hour or two (after Lommy & her sis have left).

I'm still trying to think this a bit meanwhile.

And I agree with Spm here. It would have been very reasonable for a vampire to jump on the Menel bandwagon yesterDay if the vampire hadn't yet declared a vote. Someone who wouldn't have voted Menel at that time would have been looked at pretty closely toDay so the vampire was pretty much forced to vote Menel.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:54 AM   #343
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggers
Saying something loudly and confidently doesn't make up a good case.
Well, it seemed to me that she had some very good points. But, as you say, perhaps Rikae can clear this up ...
Old 04-29-2007, 10:02 AM   #344
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

About killing Roa

It just occured to me that one extra reason (not a very important reason, definitely) for the vampires to kill Roa might have been to disprove Nogrod's theory about "ethical wolves". But I'm not sure if this holds water, since Roa's surely not the only person you could kill in order to disprove the theory...
Old 04-29-2007, 10:07 AM   #345
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Mac's vote for Menel conveniently placed. And just a little bit before the votes for him started piling in, he states, "Though I would prefer Menel, I will rather vote Legate than see Boro or Nogrod gone." Seems very buddy-buddying to me, as well as a nice "vote in favour" of Menel without actually saying he's voted for him. And it's another "I'd prefer," not, "I think he's suspicious," or "I really think he's a vampire."

As far as I can tell, he didn't pay much attention to Menel at all before that.

I'm probably voting for Mac today. Though Boro is far from forgotten...Boro seems to be acting almost a little too odd to me to be guilty, though.

I'll be back with more a little later... Yes, you must suffer without me for a while longer....
Old 04-29-2007, 10:08 AM   #346
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm afraid I can't clear up the SPM/Nogrod question...as I didn't dream of either of you, though both of you look at least slightly questionable to me.

EDIT: X'd with Lommy and Durelin
Old 04-29-2007, 10:10 AM   #347
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Ah, so you didn't dream of anyone on that trio you listed. Should've known...
Old 04-29-2007, 10:15 AM   #348
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
I'm afraid I can't clear up the SPM/Nogrod question...as I didn't dream of either of you, though both of you look at least slightly questionable to me.
Can you still tell who you dreamed about? I mean, if you tell about it early, people don't need to speculate about those people... Or do you see some reason not to reveal them now or not to reveal them at all?
Old 04-29-2007, 10:37 AM   #349
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
It seems odd to me that Boro would stick to a Day 1 vote, particularly when his suspect wasn't even here toDay.~Durelin
True, usually I don't do that, but sometimes I back away from my instincts and it turns out I was right. Last records I have I quickly jumped on Lal (who was a wolf) but backed away as she smooth talked me, and couldn't pull the trigger until a few days later. Than long long long time ago I voted for Formendacil 3 straight days on the 3rd he was finally lynched and turned out to be a wolf...oh and neither time did I have any special knowledge of their wolvishness .

When I find something that comes to me as guilty I'm gonna go after it and I won't let up on Legate until I know for sure his identity...either until he turns up dead or if Rikae happened to dream him innocent.

Which leads me to asking Rikae to reveal her 2 known innocents. Any further info will be a great help. We are down to 18 and for today we have 1 already known innocent and potentially 2 more.

A quick comment to Thinlo regarding Shasta. This is the first time Shasta has been involved in WW with us, but don't think he's new at this by any means...post 203 for one example.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:55 AM   #350
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Boromir88 and Macalaure are innocent.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:03 AM   #351
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Hah.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:20 AM   #352
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Well so far it is being broken dead-even... the more innocents we learn of the closer we get ot the vampires though

Quote:
And I agree with Spm here. It would have been very reasonable for a vampire to jump on the Menel bandwagon yesterDay if the vampire hadn't yet declared a vote. Someone who wouldn't have voted Menel at that time would have been looked at pretty closely toDay so the vampire was pretty much forced to vote Menel.
so basically we look at who voted for Menel and who didn't vote...

i am still podnering about Shasta/Legate pair, so maybe Rikae, if you could dream one of them that could help us determine where both of them lie, if one of them turns out to be the vampire, then we got 2 vampires bagged
Old 04-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #353
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
i am still podnering about Shasta/Legate pair, so maybe Rikae, if you could dream one of them that could help us determine where both of them lie, if one of them turns out to be the vampire, then we got 2 vampires bagged
well, you see, Gil, the thing about that is...
I'm not going to be having any more dreams.
The shade is not on our side. He/she tried to kill me last night.
Tonight...I'm dead.

Last edited by Rikae; 04-29-2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-29-2007, 11:56 AM   #354
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Now, this Celuien vote. With only Glirdy not having stated a vote for Day 1, four people claimed to have voted for her and yet the Night 2 Lynch Seer, Eomer, told us that she received five votes.

As I see it, there are two possibilities. The first is that Eomer is a Vampire and told us that there were five votes for her in attempt to hide the fact that there were only three (as his would not have counted). However, that would require at least one of the stated Day 1 Legate voters also to be lying, since Celuien would have needed to be tied with him at least to have been chosen for death. I regard this situation as unlikely.
I agree that this is unlikely... if Eomer were a vampire trying to "look good" I don't see this as a good plan, because the discrepancy is easily noted. Unless I'm missing something, the best tactic for a Vampiric Lynch Seer would be to just keep completely quiet about the subject.

Quote:
The other possibility is that Eomer was telling the truth and that there were five votes cast for Celuien. In which case, either it was Glirdy who cast the fifth vote for her (unlikely) or one of those who claimed to vote for someone else was lying and actually voted for Celuien. In these circumstances, it is virtually certain that all those who claimed to vote for Celuien actually did vote for her and are therefore innocent. Unfortunately one of those, Roa, is dead. But it speaks greatly in favour of Lomiella, Eomer and Aganzir.
I'm confused as to why someone who voted for Celuien would have lied about it. Only Innocents can vote, right? So why would you vote for one person (as is your right as an innocent) but say you voted for someone else? So... why is it unlikely that Glirdy voted for Celuien and that's why there is an unaccounted-for vote? That seems to make the most sense, because it doesn't involve an innocent lying for no apparent reason.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:00 PM   #355
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I don't have very much time toDay, but I'll do what I can. Just a quick thing before I'm off to go through the thread again to see clearer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Mac's vote for Menel conveniently placed.
Why was my vote for Menel more conveniently placed than SPM's, Nogrod's or Legate's?

Quote:
And just a little bit before the votes for him started piling in, he states, "Though I would prefer Menel, I will rather vote Legate than see Boro or Nogrod gone."
I wanted to save Rikae while not getting Boro or Nogrod killed. Legate was the only one who had two votes, too, but Menel looked more suspicious to me.

Quote:
And it's another "I'd prefer," not, "I think he's suspicious," or "I really think he's a vampire."
"I'd prefer" means to me that I thought Menel more suspicious than Legate. They were both suspicious to a good degree. If I had gone with my top suspicion I would have voted SPM and thrown my vote away by it.

Quote:
As far as I can tell, he didn't pay much attention to Menel at all before that.
He was my second best suspect on Day One.

I'm aware there's little point for a known innocent to defend himself. I'm just pointing out the above because it's hard for me to think this coming from an innocent mouth.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:07 PM   #356
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I'm aware there's little point for a known innocent to defend himself. I'm just pointing out the above because it's hard for me to think this coming from an innocent mouth.
*snort*

You just cannot imagine someone finding you suspicious... I still find you suspicious, but I guess I have to assume you're innocent.

Oh sigh.

But yes, actually - yours was more conveniently placed. Smack dab in the middle. Though trust me, I don't like SPM's vote, either. Nogrod, as the last vote, was needlessly piling it on. I see Nogrod's as in an inconvenient position, and so more innocent.

Actually, you could be right about SPM's vote. Still, your only argument is that your vote isn't any less conveniently placed than their votes, which doesn't mean yours isn't conveniently placed.

Whatever.

Hmm...I haven't voted for SPM in a while...oh wait, yes I have, nevermind....
Old 04-29-2007, 12:18 PM   #357
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Typical! Just as I was beginning to think Mac looked suspicious, he turns out to be a known innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
I'm confused as to why someone who voted for Celuien would have lied about it. Only Innocents can vote, right?
No. The Shade can vote, as Aganzir correctly pointed out to me on Day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
So... why is it unlikely that Glirdy voted for Celuien and that's why there is an unaccounted-for vote? That seems to make the most sense, because it doesn't involve an innocent lying for no apparent reason.
Because Glirdy has not spoken a word since we started. I think it unlikely that he has cast a vote.

In any event, the Celuien vote thing reassures me about Eomer, Lommiella and Aganzir. I am, for now, going to work on the basis that they are innocent. And Rikae, Mac and Boro we know to be innocent (unless Rikae is playing a very dangerous game, a possibility which I regard as highly unlikely).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Why was my vote for Menel more conveniently placed than SPM's, Nogrod's or Legate's?
It wasn't. Unless the Lynch Seer (if still alive) is able to confirm that the apparent votes for Menel match the actual votes for him, I think it fairly likely that either Nogrod or Legate (though probably not both) is a Vampire.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #358
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Boro and Mac then. Good to hear that.

And to open this game a bit more:

I'm the Hunter.

I have thought this through a couple of times and think this is a reasonable moment to reveal myself. We now have four known innocents and that makes the choice of the lynchee somewhat easier.

(Roa was right in one point. I have played a bit strangely because I have not been able to voice my strongest suspicions)

I have had two strong suspicions from Day1 onwards. Boro was one... I must admit.

But happily he was the one I was a bit more insecure about.

And no Spm, you're not the other one. I may have my suspicions of you but nothing so good as to hunt you yet.

The voting on Day1 is twisted in part because of me. I voted Rikae and not Legate. As the hunter I may need to lie about my vote or of my suspicions as I hope you understand.

I also hope you understand my reasons to stay quiet about my primary suspicions. I will try to help to find the vamps as well as I can but my top suspicions I will leave to myself. You'll find out my prime target when I die.

EDIT: X'd with Spm
Old 04-29-2007, 01:04 PM   #359
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
hehe that collective beating of Menel was not something I suspected would happen when I voted for him. . .most interesting, possibly a reaction to Rikae's possible lynching.

Anyways I am glad that he is gone, this should make me ablse direct my focus eslewhere and by elsewhere I of course mean Durelin.

I would like to say Nogrod as well, but he has a special status after his Hunter stunt.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 01:08 PM   #360
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
You just cannot imagine someone finding you suspicious... I still find you suspicious, but I guess I have to assume you're innocent.
I welcome every good point against me?

I've been looking over the thread again, and still the Saucepan Man is the only one who really sticks out to me.

Add the following to him being one of the greatest chasers of Rikae, putting in a doubtful vote for Kitanna on Day One and my previous points:

- His devoted concern about the voting record is a good thing, of course. But then, it is also a good way for a vampire to appear more helpful as he really is. Keep in mind that a vampire has a better knowledge about whether a voting record is helpful to the village / detrimental to the vampires or not.

- I don't really like the way of his accusations of Rikae. It's not his joking with it, but the way that he has no doubts about it and fails to see anything that spoke against her being evil.

- In #181 he says we shouldn't leave our votes to the last minutes, yet that is what he does and his admitting it doesn't change the fact. He was so determined to save Rikae, on the surface. He said he wanted to wait and see who the save-Rikae-candidate is: Why didn't he just make someone into it?

- Nogrod might not always be right (note euphemism ), but I don't like the way SPM discredits his points succinctly.

Besides all this, I think that Rune is being strange.

edit: Nogrod's the hunter! Which one?