Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree Homeward Bound Discussion Thread

Eorl of Rohan invites you to play in her game

Homeward Bound

Historical Background: Five years after Elessar took the throne of Gondor. The streets of Gondor are still at unrest, much of the outlying lands remain charred and scarred from battle, and stability is a steadily-approaching but distant hope. Orcs who fled in the wake of Sauron’s downfall have turned to banditry, venturing beyond the borders of Gondor is a perilous undertaking even for those armed to the teeth. In the cities of the Fear East, which lies beyond the woods of Eryn Lasgalen* (formerly known as Mirkwood until it was cleansed of the shadow of Dol Guldur in TA* 3019) and near the seas of Rhun, the streets teem with the now-unemployed mercenaries who would kill for a song, whilst the outlying lands are harried relentlessly by the raids of the marauding Orcs who no longer have the heavy hand of Sauron to keep them in line. Security in the city and its surrounding lands is almost non-existent even for its true inhabitants… let alone for the tall and fair-headed northerner held as prisoners or slaves.

Note: * “TA” = Third Age. The Fourth Age began in TA 3021. About the renamed forest: The Elves would call it Eryn Lasgalen – Men from the East might still be calling it Mirkwood.

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-19-2010 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:54 AM   #2
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel View Post
Eorl of Rohan invites you to play in his game

Homeward Bound
I've just noticed... I'm a HER, not HIS

PS. And still waiting for Lommy and Foley and D to write their first post~

-----------

Oops! Gender corrected
~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-19-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
No problems whatsoever, Dimturiel.

~is writing second post~

Hm. Durelin, How do you think Regnar would react when Mir deliberately reminds him of the time Regnar drove those under his command into a death trap in his rash desire to gain fame? Kinda like this, but longer and more detailed: “You and your rash plans, isn’t that what earned you thralldom in the first place? How many lives would your bloodlust gorge upon until it was sated, Regnar of Gondor, how many more must need be butchered for your rashness and pride?”

Would Regnar keep his calm (realizing that Mir was trying to provoke him into killing him), would you say, or not care in the slightest (he doesn't feel any guilt over his vanguard's massacre), or furious enough to draw his sword and thus need Ariel's intervention in order to not kill Mir?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #4
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Interesting point about nicknames, Eorl! Okay, let's make it so that Suscana is a slightly rare name and Susca a common shortening of it, so those who have heard the name Suscana can obviously figure out that Susca is a shortening of it and those who haven't heard it won't know...

In other words, I'm off to write my first post.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #5
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
PS. And thanks for the clarification! I did read Ariel's first post quite closely but I was still confused, but probably just by my own fault...
Old 05-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I would say he'd have to be stopped from killing Mir before/after saying something about how he doesn't treat men like animals and send them to slaughter like the Easterlings do.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:43 PM   #7
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Added first post. It's not very good and it's very short, but I'll write something better when I have more time and it's not almost 2am. Hope to get things rolling soon...
Old 05-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #8
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So....I'm curious to know if the game thread has actually been opened? And if it hasn't, maybe we should wait to add second posts for it to open. Pio? Are you 'round? Can you open the game thread for us, please?

Also.....I've been mulling this over in my mind...since I've jumped in with one character, I'm thinking maybe I may as well jump in with another. But the problem is, I will only have opportunity to post on the weekends, and MAYBE on occasion during the week during the months of June and July. That's not so bad, unless there's a lot of action, and then it could be really bad.

So, what do you think - should I take the other Rohirrim?
Old 04-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Basic Storyline: The RPG Seed “For Their Sport” is adopted for this RPG, slightly adapted.

“The Easterlings are a cruel sort. You have toiled as a slave for these unkind masters, and now you have been chosen to meet a cruel end as quarry for one of their hunts. Released into the streets without weapons or gear, tired and malnourished from months or years of imprisonment, far from hope and home, you must use your wits and cooperate with your fellow prisoners if you hope to turn the tables on the hunters and escape to freedom by crossing the Anduin into Gondor and linking up with friendly forces.”
Old 04-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #10
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

The purpose of the story is to: Escape to Gondor, cross the Anduin and meet up with a Gondorian Patrol.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:08 PM   #11
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Starting Location: Easterling City of Rhun, a harbor city on the eastern side of Sea of Rhun
Likely destination: Gondor

Last edited by piosenniel; 04-17-2010 at 02:57 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #12
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Timeframes:

This game takes place in the Fourth Age at around year 5.
The storyline itself or plot covers around one month.

This game requires a time commitment of indefinite length from me and from the major players.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:15 PM   #13
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

CHARACTERS NEEDED

Player/Character List

1.) Eorl of Rohan - Mir Wainrider (short for Artamir) - (Easterling)
2.) Durelin - Regnár - (Gondorian Former Soldier)
3.) Thinlómien - Susca (Suscana) - (Gondorian Civilian Female)
4.) Dimturiel - Penram (Gondorian/Easterling Teenage Boy - BROTHER to little girl)
5.) Folwren - Merra - (Gondorian/Easterling Little Girl - SISTER to teenage boy)
6.) Eorl of Rohan - Ariel Silverwood - (Gondorian Former Soldier)
7.) Folwren - Hama - (Rohirrim)

~*~

8.) Rohirrim Former Soldier or Civilian – 1 – Male or Female STILL AVAILABLE

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-23-2010 at 06:43 AM.