Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2004, 01:36 AM   #321
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
So it was that when the sun have already again risen over the Misty Mountains, Ferethor limped into the camp weary and utterly spent. He leaned upon a young birch silently as he watched the others with grave counteneance in earnest discussion of their future moves not fain enough to declare his arrival. Maen and others were all gathered around the campfire with darkened countenance shadowed by grief.

Atharen it was who first broke the silence as he slowly drew forth an elven knife. "The sun have already risen and brought us no news of Ferethor and my search was vain except for this knife. If he were at least alive he should be here with us by now. It is my belief that Ferethor, who was proud and would not run from the terror of death have been slain also by the ruthless raiders from the far east where the stars are strange."

A low murmur pervaded the regions by the fire and died down like the fire into embers. Maen then spoke at last heavily, "It was suicidal mission. I will not try to console anyone of their grief for I know I cannot ease their minds, but time presses. We must leave by dawn."

And then Ferethor had found the strength in his mind to manage a weak smile, as he spoke aloud from the shadows, by the tree in which he was leaning and supporting himself. "I must disappoint you by pointing out that I am still alive, Maen Il Garoth. Long have the trek been from the scene of battle to this glade, with my injury, so you'd have to excuse me of being rather late."

And then, his wound got better of him and his will almost swooned to the darkness. Ferethor swayed for a moment, then fell heavily as he vainly grasped at the tree. Why would not my body respond? Pain, blood...

Ferethor sank down on the long grass laden with sunlit golden dews, his anguish visible in his pale countenance. Clenching his teeth he endevoured to rise but fell back, and other people's shouts were but dim murmuring to Ferethor.

He was indeed a sight to gasp at in horror. His pearly-grey bloodstained robe was torn by countless parries and encounters with steel, and a fresh ran down the length of his cheek which was crusted over with dirt and caked with blood. The arrow Ferethor had been unable to wrench out was still embedded in his shoulder, though its raven-black shaft was broken off. His tousled hair was unkempt and bloodied, and his pale countenance was twisted almost beyond recognition with anguish.

"Ferethor! I thought you were dead!" Someone cried out, which roused him to open his eyes, and see with blurring vision that all others were gathered around him. He could not decipher their expressions with clarity - relief, joy, wonder.... Naked hatred? Who was it? Caranthir... Impossible.

Ferethor managed to raise himself into a sitting position unsteadily, refusing any aid and waveringly supporting himself by a tree. He gasped, "May Neocromancer take the accursed outlaws and drag them to the inaccessible Void! They almost took me down."

That is about it.

And Crystal, please don't make his injury fatal.
Quote:
He does not have much time left.
I don't have any problems with it myself but Maen doesn't like that, as she expressed herself a while ago.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 03-15-2004 at 01:47 AM.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:58 AM   #322
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I don't have any problems with it myself but Maen doesn't like that, as she expressed herself a while ago.
IM pretty sure Maén wouldnt have a problem with it, seing she is a fictional character in the Role Playing Game

Everdawn on the other hand, being me... Does not have a porblem with it as such is as Hama pointed out, Aman may want to have Atharen expredd himself a little better and have enough time for the others to adjust to the situation. Remember we have a lot of time ot do this, it doesnt need to be rushed.

I eman the events of the night have to played out in the group, they have to notice that Ferethor has been gone and that Atharen and Roryn cant find him. Do you understand what im gettin at?

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-15-2004, 02:11 AM   #323
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm sorry. I meant to type Everdawn! ^^;;

No, my head is a little bit muddled at the moment. But I'll take you word for and keep quiet.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:22 AM   #324
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You did have seomthing to say about it, you distinctively said last time to something of this effect "Eorl of Rohan, I don't think it would be adviseable to Ferethor to get so hurt early in the campaign, wince I am thinking of another thing and it needs fully healthy people."
Old 03-15-2004, 04:31 AM   #325
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have no idea what you are talking about, elaborate for me.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-15-2004, 04:44 AM   #326
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You said something about my posts. I will look over the discussion thread and find the exact thread.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:45 AM   #327
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Shield

Quote:
Eorl, i was thinking as well about Ferethor getting hit by arrows, and i think it would be more realistic for it not to hurt him badly so early in the journey. We are still a fair way form another surprise ive got in store (my fave, by the way). In all reality it would take a normal person weeks of rest and medical attention to get over getting hit by an arrow. Now im just going on the assumption that it's like being stabbed. Perhaps it could be "just a flesh wound"
Here you go.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:44 AM   #328
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
To everyone in our company which I have embarked on this quest with:

When Crystal Heart thinks that Ferethor doesn't have much time- it is not the truth. It is the fears of a young woman. She fears that she can not save him in time. She made the mixture from knowledge that the travellers gave her a couple of years ago.

Remember, just because I write it doesn't mean she speaks it which also doesn't mean that it is true. As a wise woman once told me, "Anyone can say anything, it doesn't necessarily make it the truth." It is only the thoughts of my character.

I apologize if my post is untimely and must be changed. Eorl of Rohan is you need to change a part in yours that corresponds in mine then please PM me and tell me about these parts or otherwise post them here in the discussion forum. I will be glad to change my posts in any way necessary to aid the progression of our game.

Until we meet again my friends.

Crystal Heart-sword maiden of Rohan
Old 03-15-2004, 04:43 PM   #329
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

I see.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-15-2004, 07:35 PM   #330
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I must ask if my post has stopped this role play due to the fact that no one has responded. If my post has effectively stopped or hurt the continuation I shall remove it immediately.

Crystal Heart
Old 03-16-2004, 12:49 AM   #331
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl,

Please check your private messages.

Cami Goodchild, Shire Moderator (Child of the 7th Age)

Last edited by Child of the 7th Age; 03-16-2004 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-16-2004, 12:53 AM   #332
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
pms

Everdawn, Aman,

Please check your private messages.

Cami Goodchild, Shire Mod
Old 03-16-2004, 01:24 AM   #333
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

No need to delet posts, just a little tactful editing is all! You do know that Shire Mods have the power to insert posts in places, ok... All we were after was a little time for the rangers to talk about/or their adventure in finding Ferethor and Seeing Del off, finding the others and informing them that Ferethor is missing. Do you all understand?

Presently its like...
Roryn: Maén, Atharen is looking for Ferethor.
Atharen: ??? (is he being successful?)-
FERETHOR: Suddenly a time later, comes back into camp.
So it's kinda like we have never really missed Ferethor in the first place is it?

Any questions?
-Everdawn Alkavariel

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-16-2004, 01:05 PM   #334
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe brief return...

Well, I've got a second break on the computer, I'll post momentarily. My Spring Break is 1 week long, wich I'm still on. Anyways, wether I'll be on later or not, only God knows!
Old 03-16-2004, 01:15 PM   #335
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe who's where?

Ok, since I do not have time to read all those posts, could someone give me a brief update?

This is what I figured out, could you fill me in on the details?

-the group was attacked while they were sleeping
-Roryn, Atharan, Ferethor, and Del went to fight the things
-only Roryn returned, thinking the others were dead
-the group started to ride away from camp

is that right? What really happened to Atharan and Ferethor? And Del accually did die, right?

Confused,
Melisil
Old 03-17-2004, 10:05 PM   #336
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*haves the feelings no one is posting*

Is it becuase of me? I'm going to take some time becuase Child of the 7th Age must approve first.

Eorl

I have been away for several days and am now continuing as moderator for this game.

Please check your PM's before posting to the game.

~*~ Piosenniel, Game Moderator

Have checked

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 03-18-2004 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-18-2004, 01:22 AM   #337
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Melisil

I've PM'd you a very short synopsis of what's gone on.

Feel free to post as soon as you can.

or - if the action of the game has gone on a little before you get back to the game, then PM me your post and tell me where you would like it placed and I will do so.

~*~ Pio

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-18-2004 at 01:25 AM.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:39 AM   #338
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Eorl of Rohan's post is now on the game.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:47 AM   #339
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Thankyou Pio, I trust you had a good break!

Its not uncommon for an RP to go without anyone posting for a few days, it's just that this is the first time seeing we have been moving at the speed of light.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-18-2004, 06:29 AM   #340
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah, good we are off and running again! Yes, we are running at the speed of light, but we are capable of keeping up.

I don't know if I should post since I was the one that posted last. Maybe someone else might want to before I.

I love this game

Until next time my friends!

Crystal Heart
Old 03-18-2004, 12:32 PM   #341
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Welcome back, Pio

All members of the party are now in the same place but not moving on, Melisil - all save Del, who has died.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:39 PM   #342
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I posted, Crystal, remember?
Old 03-19-2004, 07:00 PM   #343
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I apologise for not posting in a small while becuase ive had some nasty assignments, no matter, I should have another post up soon.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-19-2004, 11:33 PM   #344
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Ferethor came to his conciousness painfully, as the sun sank behind the snow-crowned peaks of Misty Mountains
Im sorry to sund like im nagging, but we are not even close to the misty mountains. So if the sun was falling behind the Misty Mountains you would have to be in Eastern Middle Earth, a whole world away form where we are now.

Now looking at our geography, ive had to put us on the same side of the Anduin still, so we are at some stage going to have to cross the river, and shortly, which is why i did not want to be attacked so early in the game. Now heres another porblem, if we were attacked by Haradrim, where the hell did they come from? Origionally I had intended them to be just normal bandits, an idea I stole from another of my RP characters. And if we have crossed the river, why did no one mention it?

Any suggestions? Ill attah the map to give you guys an idea of where we are at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg guriel.jpg (10.0 KB, 443 views)

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-20-2004, 05:51 AM   #345
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wow. Thanks for telling me, I have no idea at all concerning geography, Middle Earth or real. Dreadfully boring subject.

Misty Mountain and Cahadras happens to be only mountains I know of and I make use of them now and then ^_^ I believe I already made several references to Misty Mountains, do I need to change them all?

I'll look over my posts and change it.... Wait. What mountains could be seen where we are?

As for your next question, I'm also not qualified to answer but I do have an idea.

In LOTR it says that Remnant of Haradrim stood firm for a last desperate stand, etc.... That would probably mean some at least have survived and escaped into the wild, beyond the reach of Gondorian Guards in th very hearts of forests, taking to a wild and woodland life. And they gather into small groups (eg. outlaw band that Neithan Turin joined) that prey off on unwary travelers and lone wanderers.
Old 03-20-2004, 06:26 AM   #346
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Yeah, but do you really think that the Haradrim would be that close to MInas Tirith, I think not, becuase after all we arent that far away from it.

Em, so we are still in a bind.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-20-2004, 06:29 AM   #347
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And ive just noticed that the picture i made is not working. Great.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-20-2004, 06:31 AM   #348
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*is also in a fix*

I hope more knowledgeable roleplayers might come along and help us out...
Old 03-20-2004, 07:07 AM   #349
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
I think the idea was that after the war, many of the now homeless and leaderless Haradrim wandered Middle Earth, scattering from the Reunited kingdom forces. Many of them would probably become bandits - outlaws with nowhere else to do, with this as probably one of their only options. But there would be outlaws no matter what, probably - less than in the times before the war, but still. However, the fact these outlaws were a band of Haradrim is more a byword than a main feature - it just happened that this particular band happened to be people of Harad.

Alright?
Old 03-20-2004, 05:47 PM   #350
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

yeah, allright.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 03-21-2004, 02:22 AM   #351
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*nods*

There are some questions that will need to be resolved. For instance, I cannot post until Ferethor wakes up and that won't be until much time has passed. That would mean Crystal would not have a chance to reply to Maen's post. Would it be ok to move the time period to midnight?

The next one happens to be this - Crystal did not elaborate upon the pendant that she referred to. I was wondering if I may take the liberty to describe the pendant more fully. Here is the post.

Quote:
...... The anguish with which Ferethor suffered from ebbed down and faded with the passage of time, for which he was much glad. Then Ferethor noted with some surprise and doubt that something hung by his neck and reached out for it. Slender links of silver and bronze links clinked in his hands and a pendant of exquisite workmanship was fastened at the end. It was wrought of silver and Ithildin and inlaid with chips of sapphire and ruby, and gleamed in the likeness of Telperion's blossom.

Turning it over bemusedly in his hands, Ferethor noted tiny letters scratched in the silver-wrought petals on the metallic blossom. "May Lady of the Stars ward thee from peril, Crystal" Murmuring the words he could decipher, Ferethor was dismayed to learn that it was Crystal's and impulsively cast it down. The fair pendant, striking a stone in its descent, rolled into the mud and gleamed there still though it was half-buried in the mud. ......
Would this description be all right, Crystal Heart?

PS. And I changed my mountain into 'encircling moutains'.
Old 03-21-2004, 02:38 AM   #352
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Eorl of Rohan

Most of the action is taking place in the vicinity of Minas Tirith.

The Encircling Mountains, Echoriath, were in Beleriand which was destroyed in the first Age during the War of Wrath.

Here is a map of the area of Gondor.

The mountains you need to use are The White Mountains, Ered Nimrais - they run from Gondor to Rohan.

Here is a reference for you to use to look at various topics and maps:

The Encyclopedia of Arda
Old 03-21-2004, 04:55 AM   #353
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hama, it is not really my place to say....

But I did post that Ferethor burned down the field along with everythign else.
Old 03-21-2004, 07:56 AM   #354
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan- It would be perfectly fine with me if you would like to elaborate about the pendant like that. Her rebutal will be angry of course as you have tossed it into the mud. That is her most treasured possession. She will come back accordingly.

I will wait for your post my friend.

Until next time!!

Crystal Heart- swordmaiden of Rohan
Old 03-21-2004, 08:40 AM   #355
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

As crystal has posted, I will post my full post.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:04 AM   #356
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Ok, I have a post up as well. Emotionless Idruil is getting impatient.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 03-21-2004, 09:33 PM   #357
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yes, I've been meaning to ask you this but never have, Everdawn. What season is it right now? I put 'summer' in my last post, becuase I guessed so. I'm willing to edit it out if it isn't summer, though.

And another thing - Idruil's impatience post in continuing where Everdawn had left off, right? What happens to the time change in Ferethor's post, then? Shall I delete it and post it after Idruil's? If so, Everdawn won't get time to reply of Idruil's post, will she?

And as Pio the Mod had requested, it is now named 'White Mountains'. That you for giving me the map, couldn't see it on my computer but I'll take revered mod's word for it.

Last thing, Crystal, what kind of 'retributal' will it be? Would she just go up to him and demand an explanation, or something else? If it is the first one, Ferethor can easily deny all knowledge of the pendant and say it might have unclasped nad fallen off on its own.

Yes, my rambling is over.

EDIT: Idruil had noticed Roryn's absence, which would mean that he accepts that Roryn went to bury Del. That would make Ferethor's post about burning down the field along with everyone in it nil, does that mean I have to edit my post?
Old 03-21-2004, 09:40 PM   #358
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Ok, I'll edit my post relating to whatever must be edited, but I'm currently very confused. Must think....

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 03-22-2004, 12:34 AM   #359
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Maps

Eorl

Please don't just take my word for it - look at these reference links -

The map is from the Encyclopedia of Arda:

Click here!

There are other maps and all sorts of other Tolkien works information available there also:

HERE
Old 03-22-2004, 02:37 AM   #360
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry for being lazy, will check out the link and use it for future references.