The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2003, 02:52 PM   #1
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Vote for LOTR!

I did a search and couldn't find another thread about this soo...<P>The Two Towers also picked up several AOL Moviegoer Awards, you can vote for TTT to win a few of those <A HREF="http://www.moviefone.com/features/standAlone.adp?page=aol_ama_2003_phase2" TARGET=_blank>here</A>, and last but not least TTT got nominated for the Internet Movie Awards and everyone should be able to vote for those <A HREF="http://www.internetmovieawards.com/ima/vote.php" TARGET=_blank>here!</A><P>Also BAFTA's <A HREF="http://www.orange.co.uk/personal/index.html" TARGET=_blank>here.</A><P>VOTE!VOTE!VOTE!VOTE!VOTE!
Old 02-04-2003, 05:24 PM   #2
Galadrie1
Shade of Carn Dûm

Galadrie1 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Thanks for the links, Arwen! Andy Serkis had better win for favourite supporting actor!!!
"For this is what your folk would call magic, I believe; though I do not understand clearly what they mean; and they seem to use the same word of the deceits of the Enemy. But this, if you will, is the magic of Galadriel."
Galadrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2003, 06:54 PM   #3
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Pipe

A lot of these TTT ones were just sentimental picks, but what the heck, it doesn't matter anyway...<P>(What I voted for on AOL)<P>Best Picture: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Actor: Viggo Mortensen, 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Actress: No Vote<P>Best Supporting Actor: Ian McKellen, 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Supporting Actress: Miranda Otto, 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Director: Peter Jackson, 'The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Hottest Kiss: Kirsten Dunst/Tobey Maguire, 'Spider-Man'<P>Most Unforgettable Scene: Gollum Argues With His Split Personality, 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Line: "Swing away, Merrill." -- Graham Hess (Mel Gibson) in 'Signs'<P>Best Song: 'Hero' -- Chad Kroeger, 'Spider-Man'
Old 02-04-2003, 07:02 PM   #4
Beren87
Master of the Secret Fire

Beren87 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Beren87 Send a message via Yahoo to Beren87
Sting

I only voted for the IMA's because they seem to be the ones that matter. TTT the entire way except when it wasn't nominated.
Beren87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 05:35 AM   #5
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

Right on, and thanks for the link Arwen Imladris!<P>Wow that kiss from Spider-Man was really intense. The one from Gangs of NY was really, really hot too - but the Spidey one was just so cool. Upside down? In the rain! I'M THERE!!!
Old 02-05-2003, 03:57 PM   #6
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

It seems we are doing very well in the 'Orange Film of the Year'-voting. According to this article from Ananova.com we are just a bit ahead of Ocean's Eleven, who would have thought.<P><A HREF="http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_747144.html?menu=entertainment.latestheadlines" TARGET=_blank>More info!</A><P>Edit:<P>The Two Towers picked up fifteen (!) nominations for the first annual International Online Critics Awards. Amongst others nominations for Andy Serkis as Best Supporting Actor, the entire cast as Best Ensemble and Best Makeup (see? we can still get nominated for that). The entire list of nominations can be seen over at <A HREF="http://www.oscarwatch.com/Awards/inoca.html" TARGET=_blank>Oscar Watch.com!</A><p>[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Imladris ]
Old 02-06-2003, 03:29 PM   #7
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Empire has updated their website with a magnificent section on the recent Empire Awards (The Two Towers picked up Best Film). You can find it <A HREF="http://www.empireonline.co.uk/awards2003/" TARGET=_blank>here</A>and be sure to check out Peter Jackson's acceptance video if you can!
Old 02-06-2003, 05:06 PM   #8
Arwen Evenstar the Fair
Wight

Arwen Evenstar the Fair has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

This is cool!!! Thanks Arwen!
Old 02-06-2003, 06:07 PM   #9
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Question

The video wouldn't work for me. What's this about Jackson the Barbarian? What did he say?
Old 02-07-2003, 03:12 PM   #10
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

A transcription of PJ's acceptance speech can be found <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1044590374" TARGET=_blank>here</A>. I have no idea what Jackson the Barbarian is supposed to be. All I know is<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Peter Jackson [P]: I get to kill all these guys now, it's going to be great, Richard. In a 13 episode series, 1 hour episodes. Jackson the Barbarian, it's going to be called, it's gonna be cool, and it's going straight into syndication.<P>Richard Taylor [R]: And who's going to play the lead?<P>P: Me. ......... <P>P: Fantastic! Oh this is just so cool! Best Film for Jacko the Barbarian, and we haven't even started filming it! Oh this is just fantastic.<P>Look, I'd just like to thank Empire Magazine, and all of the readers at Empire that voted for Jacko the Barbarian, it's just a wonderful sign of faith. And I'd like to thank all of the cast that haven't been in it yet, but are going to be in it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>On a similar note, some people are apparently conserned that something might happen between Iraq and the U.S. which might delay or cancel the oscars. An article about this can be found <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1044642243" TARGET=_blank>here.</A> basicaly it says that the oscars will happen as planned.<P><BR>EDIT: The Writers Guild of America, East and west announced the nominations for outstanding achievement in screen during the 2002 season. TTT did not get nominated for best adapted screenplay. <A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1044564139" TARGET=_blank>Here</A> is where you can find out who did.<p>[ February 07, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Imladris ]
Old 02-07-2003, 06:12 PM   #11
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

My personal pics from that oscar watch site:<P>Best Picture <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers <P>Best Director <BR>Martin Scorsese-Gangs of New York (Scorsese deserves it: he's never won an Oscar)<P>Best Actor <BR>Daniel Day Lewis-Gangs of New York <P>Best Actress <BR>Renee Zellweger-Chicago <P>Best Supporting Actor <BR>Andy Serkis-Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers <P>Best Supporting Actress <BR>Catherine Zeta Jones-Chicago (I love her so much...)<P>Best Ensemble <BR>Chicago (I have to say...)<P>Best Adapted Screenplay <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers <P>Best Original Screenplay <BR>I hadn't seen any of them, so I can't judge...<P>Best Foreign Language Film <BR>Didn't get to see any of them... <P>Best Animated Feature <BR>Didn't want to see any of them...<P>Achievement in Art Direction <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers <P>Achievement in Cinematography <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers <P>Achievement in Costume Design <BR>Chicago (I want their clothing)<P>Achievement in Film Editing <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers <P>Achievement in MakeUp <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers <P>Best Original Score <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers <P>Best Original Song <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers "Gollum's Song" (any song that can make me cry this hard deserves it)<P>Achievement in Sound <BR>Chicago (It's singing, so of course!)<P>Achievemnt in Sound Editing <BR>Chicago <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers <BR>Eep! Can't decide!<P>Achievement in Visual Effects <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers <P>Best Documentary Feature <BR>Bowling For Columbine <P>Get the idea I'm in love with Chicago too? I'm seeing it a third time on Sunday, actually...
Old 02-08-2003, 09:28 PM   #12
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

IMDB is currently conducting a best movie/best people (code for celebrity, I guess) of 2002 poll. Two Towers is performing outstandingly, the film, crew and cast are leading in no less than seven categories. You can see how the results stand <A HREF="http://us.imdb.com/RTO/2003/PollResults" TARGET=_blank>here.</A>
Old 02-11-2003, 02:50 PM   #13
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

OSCAR NOMS ARE IN!!<P>LOTR is nomenated for Best Film, Art Direction, Film Editing, Sound, Sound Editing, and Visual Effects!<P>For the complete list, <A HREF="http://www.oscar.com/nominees/nomineelist.html" TARGET=_blank>cllick here!</A>
Old 02-11-2003, 03:12 PM   #14
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Wow! Is everyone giving out movie awards these days, I guess I am going to have to go out and start voting.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:52 PM   #15
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

CNN's site has a poll alongside their article on the Oscar nominations, asking which film readers thinks should win Best Pic. TTT is currently leading with a whopping 51%! <A HREF="http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/02/11/sprj.aa03.oscar.noms/index.html" TARGET=_blank>Click Here.</A><P>EDIT:LotR has made it to the second round of nominations for the 3rd Annual Cinemarati Awards in 12 different categories: 'Best Film,' 'Best Ensemble Cast,' 'Outstanding Design,' and 'Roundtable Film of the Year. For awards going to individuals or small groups of people Andy Serkis is nominated for 'Best Supporting Actor,' Peter Jackson for 'Best Director,' Frances Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Stephen Sinclair and Peter Jackson for 'Best Adapted Screenplay,' Andrew Lesnie for 'Best Cinematography," D. Michael Horton and Jabez Olseen for 'Best Film Editing,' and Howard Shore for 'Best Musical Score,' Other LotR nominations are the FotR Extended Edition DVD for 'Best DVD Award' and <A HREF="http://www.lordoftherings.net" TARGET=_blank>www.lordoftherings.net</A> for 'Best Official Film Site'<p>[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Imladris ]
Old 02-13-2003, 03:56 PM   #16
Purple Monkey
Animated Skeleton

Purple Monkey has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The *only* Oscar deservers, imho;<P>Best Picture <BR>Chicago (Definetely.)<P>Best Director <BR>Peter Jackson-Lord of the Rings: TTT (It's a bad adaption, but he's a brilliant director) <P>Best Actor <BR>Hugh Grant-About A Boy (It was nothing like the book.)<P>Best Actress <BR>Renee Zellweger-Chicago (She was good in Bridget Jones's Diary. That was a bad film) <P>Best Supporting Actor <BR>Andy Serkis-Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (The real highlight)<P>Best Supporting Actress <BR>Catherine Zeta Jones-Chicago (She's brilliant, hello? Ok.)(lol)<P>Best Ensemble <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Chicago (my personal favourite) is not outstanding here)<P>Best Adapted Screenplay <BR>Chicago (Yeah.)<P>Best Original Screenplay <BR>Punch Drunk Love (This is excellent.) <P>Best Foreign Language Film <BR>City of God (This is really, really good)<P>Best Animated Feature <BR>Lilo & Stitch (Because of Elvis, of course.)<P>Achievement in Art Direction <BR>Chicago (NO! Moulin Rouge!)<P>Achievement in Cinematography <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (It deserved this) <P>Achievement in Costume Design <BR>Chicago (Yeah...)<P>Achievement in Film Editing <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (It deserved this, too.) <P>Achievement in MakeUp <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (The Uruk Hai head rocked)<P>Best Original Score <BR>Catch Me if You Can (I LOVE FRANK SINATRA!)<P>Best Original Song <BR>Chicago "I Move On" (Yay.)<P>Achievement in Sound <BR>Chicago (Mmm)<P>Achievemnt in Sound Editing <BR>Chicago (Yawn)<P>Achievement in Visual Effects <BR>Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Gollum) <P>Best Documentary Feature <BR>Bowling For Columbine (This was very warped, but kewl.)<P>Purple "Chicago, chicago, that toddling town" Monkey
Old 02-14-2003, 03:16 PM   #17
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

You can vote for who you think should win the oscars <A HREF="http://english.montrealplus.ca/feature/12704/poll.html" TARGET=_blank>here.</A> LOTR currently only has 27% for Best Pic!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Best Picture<BR>Chicago (Definetely.) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Arwen Imladris gives Purple Monkey a rather nasty stare. <P>I think that LOTR should win Best Film, Art Direction, Film Editing, Sound, Sound Editing, and Visual Effects! I also think Chicago is going down! Hmm, I never even watched Chicago, oh well. <P>Also, TTT was nominated for best ensemble for the Sag awards.<P><A HREF="http://www.backstage.com/backstage/features/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1817566" TARGET=_blank>More</A><P>EDIT:Rotten Tomoatoes is currently running a poll asking readers what should have been nominated, but wasn't. The Two Towers makes the "we was robbed" list. Go vote if you want.<P><BR><A HREF="http://www.rottentomatoes.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=208609" TARGET=_blank>Click Here</A><p>[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Imladris ]
Old 02-19-2003, 05:09 PM   #18
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The FOTR Extended DVD set has won a pile of awards at The Digital Bits who are running their 2002 Bitsy Awards. The awards include a #1 finish in the top 10 picks of all three editors, Best Overall DVD, Best Special Edition DVD, Best DVD Video (Film to Digital Transfer), Best DVD "Making of" Documentary, and a "Digital In" award for Peter Jackson for his work in putting the DVDs together. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><A HREF="http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/bitsy/4th/page0.html" TARGET=_blank>Cllick here for more</A>
Old 02-20-2003, 05:02 PM   #19
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Theforce.net is running a new humour competition. It's a readers' list of the top reasons why Star Wars is better than Lord of the Rings, or - alternatively - why Lord of the Rings is Better than Star Wars!<P> <A HREF="http://www.theforce.net/humor/" TARGET=_blank>Submit your reason why LOTR is better than Star Wars!</A>
Old 02-21-2003, 12:35 PM   #20
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Cinemarati: The Web Alliance for Film Commentary today chose *The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers* as the Best Film of 2002 in the third annual Cinemarati Awards. Winners in 26 additional categories, recognizing the best cinematic efforts of last year, were also named. *The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers* garnered four awards, including Best Film, Best Ensemble Cast, and Best Director for Peter Jackson. <BR><A HREF="http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1045840655" TARGET=_blank>Cinemarati Awards</A><P>EDIT:<BR>The First Annual Visual Effects Society awarded Two Towers with:<P>Best Special Effects in a Motion Picture<BR>Best Visual Effects in an Effects-Driven Motion Picture<BR>Best Art Direction<BR>Best Visual Effects Photography<BR>Best Models and Miniatures<BR>Best Performance by an Actor (Serkis, Wood, Astin)<BR>Best Character Animation<BR>Best Compositing<P><BR><A HREF="http://www.visualeffectssociety.com/winners1.html" TARGET=_blank>More</A><p>[ February 21, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Imladris ]
Old 02-23-2003, 02:50 PM   #21
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> During Saturday night's 7th Annual Art Directors Guild Awards, Production Designers and Art Directors for the films "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" and "Catch Me If You Can" won the 2002 Excellence in Production Design Awards from 1,000 members of the Art Directors Guild (ADG) during black-tie ceremonies conducted before 700 Production Designers, Art Directors, industry executives and media at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. "Lord of the Rings" won for Excellence of a Period/Fantasy Feature while "Catch Me If You Can" won for Excellence of a Contemporary Feature. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Yaaaay!<P>Also, Bafta's are tonight! <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I just thought people might like to know that the BAFTAS are on tonight on BBC1 at 9 o'clock and Ian McKellen will be one of the celebrity presenters. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I don't get BBC so I would be grateful to anyone who wants to watch it, give juicy details to me!
Old 02-24-2003, 03:50 PM   #22
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sorry folks, this is going to be a long one.<P>Heard of the 'Alties'? Neither have I, but hey, I'll eat anything once. Take a look at the slightly odd categories you can vote TTT for.<P>Winners will be announced on March 20.<P><A HREF="http://www.alternet.org/alties/vote.html" TARGET=_blank>Click Here to Vote!</A> <P>LOTR is up for:<P>New World Order Award: Films whose atmosphere/subject matter portrays or feeds off of the post-9/11 paranoia of our times, with its uber-patriotism, anxiety and fear.<P>Guilty Pleasure Award: The critics panned it, but you loved it anyway. Guilty pleasures aren't about lasting relevance or redeeming value, just a rollicking good time.<P>Best Soundscape: The best soundtracks are inseparable elements of the plot, nearly characters unto themselves. This is music that stays with you long after you've left the theater.<P>The Big Award: When you think back over all the movies you saw in 2002, inevitably one, a true favorite, stands out. This is the King Altie. And the award goes to...<P>Bafta's!<BR>The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers picked up the BAFTA for Best Costume Design! Accepting the award was none other then Richard Taylor! But we didn't win for Production Design, Editing, Sound and Makeup, Best Film, Achievement in Direction, or Best Cinematography. But we did win Best Visual Effects!<P>For the full listing, <A HREF="http://www.bafta.org/press/releases/pr_230203_1.htm" TARGET=_blank>click here,</A> or <A HREF="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/2697563.stm" TARGET=_blank>here.</A><P>Also:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> My roommate attended the American Cinema Editors 2003 Eddie Awards Sunday night. The Two Towers was nominated for Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic). Despite Dominic Monaghan being the presentor for this award, the winner was Gangs of New York. Other nominees were About Schmidt, The Hours, and Minority Report.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Howard Shore has won 'Score Soundtrack Album for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media' with his work on the FOTR score! Congrats!<P><A HREF="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030224/ap_wo_en_ge/na_gen_us_grammys_list_1" TARGET=_blank>More</A><P>Also:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers just picked up the Orange Film of the Year-award! This was the award that we, the fans, could vote for so we could say we did quite well! Accepting the award were (amongst others) Barrie Osborne, John Rhys-Davies, Sir Ian McKellen, Jim Rygiel and Randy Cook! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-25-2003, 02:47 PM   #23
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

TTT won: Best Visual effects, Best Sound editing, Best Make-up, Best Picture, and Best ensemble at the 1st International On-line Critics Awards! Yaay!<P>Also:<BR> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> During Saturday night's 7th Annual Art Directors Guild Awards, Production Designers and Art Directors for the films "The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" and "Catch Me If You Can" won the 2002 Excellence in Production Design Awards from 1,000 members of the Art Directors Guild (ADG) during black-tie ceremonies conducted before 700 Production Designers, Art Directors, industry executives and media at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. "Lord of the Rings" won for Excellence of a Period/Fantasy Feature while "Catch Me If You Can" won for Excellence of a Contemporary Feature. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Just out of couriosity, is anybody reading these? I just happened to notice that this is my 6th post in a row. If nobody cares about these things, I won't bother. Please either post or PM me if you want me to continue. You can find this info by yourself, but I don't mind putting it all together for you. Thanks.
Old 02-27-2003, 08:27 PM   #24
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Sting

Yes, I am reading this. Don't know whether anybody else is, though. Oh, and my choices for the AOL one:<P>Best Picture: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Actor: Viggo Mortensen, 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Actress: Renée Zellweger, 'Chicago'<P>Best Supporting Actor: Orlando Bloom, 'The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Supporting Actress: Liv Tyler, 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Director: Peter Jackson, 'The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Hottest Kiss: No Vote<P>Most Unforgettable Scene: Gollum Argues With His Split Personality, 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Line: "I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide." -- Gandalf the White (Ian McKellen) in 'The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers'<P>Best Song: 'Lose Yourself' -- Eminem, '8 Mile'
Old 03-03-2003, 05:24 PM   #25
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Not sure if this has already been posted here or not, I didn't see it so <A HREF="http://www.moviefone.com/features/standAlone.adp?page=aol_ama_2003_phase2&.adp?uid=5 760" TARGET=_blank>AOL Moviegoer Awards Poll!</A><P>Also:<P><A HREF="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/default.stm#" TARGET=_blank>Oscars: Watch Clips And Vote On BBC</A><P>Edit:The Science Fiction Writers of America awards - the Nebula Awards - ballot if now officially up and LOTR: FOTR is nominated for best script. Only members of the SFWA are eligible to vote. <BR><A HREF="http://www.sfwa.org/fiction/NebFinal2002.html" TARGET=_blank>More.</A><P>TTT has won almost all of the categories in the Internet Movie Awards. <A HREF="http://www.internetmovieawards.com/" TARGET=_blank>More.</A><P>TTT won:<BR>Favorite Picture<BR>Favorite Actor in a Supporting Role (Andy Serkis)<BR>Favorite Actress in a Supporting Role (Miranda Otto)<BR>Favorite Soundtrack or Musical Score<BR>avorite Visual Effects (Special Effects, Make-Up, or Animation) <BR>Favorite Screenplay<BR>Favorite Director<BR>Breakthrough Performance (Miranda Otto)<P><BR>But not:<BR>Favorite Actor in a Leading Role <BR>Favorite Actress in a Leading Role<BR>Favorite Song from a Movie <BR>Worst Picture <P>Yaay!<p>[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: Arwen Imladris ]
Old 03-05-2003, 06:28 PM   #26
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Cinescape and The Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films announced today the nominees for the 2003 Saturn Awards ceremony. Leading the pack in the feature film category with a whopping 10 nominations is TTT: BEST FANTASY FILM, BEST ACTOR (Viggo Mortensen), BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR (Andy Serkis), BEST PERFORMANCE BY A YOUNGER ACTOR (Elijah Wood), BEST DIRECTION (Peter Jackson), BEST WRITING (Fran Walsh, Philippa Boyens, Stephen Sinclair & Peter Jackson), BEST MUSIC (Howard Shore), BEST COSTUME (Ngila Dickson), BEST MAKE-UP (Peter Owen & Peter King), BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS (Jim Rygiel, Joe Letteri, Randall William Cook & Alex Funke). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>For the full list <A HREF="http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page &type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=37872" TARGET=_blank>click here!</A><P>There is also another article <A HREF="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/usatoday/20030304/en_usatoday/4914086" TARGET=_blank>here</A> about what will happen to the oscars if there is a war goning on around the 23rd of March.
Old 03-09-2003, 01:44 PM   #27
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

After a heroic effort by the[ modest, witty and punctual] editors at TheForce.net, the results of their SW is better than LOTR/LOTR is better than SW "Top 46 Reasons" contest is posted up. <BR><A HREF="http://theforce.net/humor/topten/ct10_swisbetterthanlotr.shtml" TARGET=_blank>Click Here!</A><P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> 31. LotR is waaaaayyy better. I'd like to see Obi do the pointy hat trick. Hah! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>
Old 03-10-2003, 01:01 PM   #28
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

TTT has just lost out the 'Best Ensemble' award at the Screen Actors Guild Award to Chicago. <P><A HREF="http://www.sagawards.com/" TARGET=_blank>More.</A>
Old 03-14-2003, 12:47 PM   #29
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

More than 30,000 Yahooligans voted for their favorite movies of 2002, and according to the results Sauron was the baddest bad guy of 2002. Check out all the categories <A HREF="http://entertainment.surveys.yahoo.com/kids_movies/" TARGET=_blank>here.</A><P>Also on the subject of polls, CNN is running a best film poll for the Academy Awards. Wander on over and vote for your choice. <A HREF="http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/03/13/sprj.aa03.campaigns.reut/index.html" TARGET=_blank>Click Here!</A> Right now LOTR is winning with 50%!<P>BBC are running a poll on the most influential movie franchise, and of course LOTR is there but currently running behind Star Wars! <A HREF="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/2643217.stm" TARGET=_blank>Click Here!</A>
Old 03-17-2003, 02:40 PM   #30
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The results are in for the AOL Moviegoers Awards and TTT snatched up awards for Best Picture, Best Actor (Viggo Mortensen), Best Supporting Actor (Orlando Bloom), Best Director, and Most Unforgettable Scene (Gollum argues himself) <A HREF="http://www.moviefone.com/features/standAlone.adp?page=ama_2003_winners" TARGET=_blank>More!</A><P>You can also vote for who you think the oscars should go to at pulse24.com, they only have one category with lotr (best picture), it is in second place at 33% behind chicago with 39%. <A HREF="http://www.pulse24.com/promo/oscars03/" TARGET=_blank>Click Here!</A><P>You can also vote for Elijah Wood as 'Favorite Male Butt-Kicker' at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards. <A HREF="http://www.nick.com/all_nick/specials/kca_2003/vote_live.jhtml?&TimeZone=0" TARGET=_blank>Here.</A><P>BTW, in case anyone was wondering, it is O.K. for someone <I>other</I> than me to post on this thread!
Old 03-20-2003, 08:45 PM   #31
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

This is getting silly.<P>Maxim Movie Magazine Awards <A HREF="http://www.demographix.com/surveys/S9QC-V4CB/N4S2235W/" TARGET=_blank>Vote Here!</A><P>For those of you wondering what effect the war on Iraq will have on the Oscars:<P>PJ won't be there. <A HREF="http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/movieawards/oscars/2003-03-19-oscar-uncertainty_x.htm" TARGET=_blank>Here.</A><P>Oscars will still be on, minus red carpet. <A HREF="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=794&ncid=790&e=8&u=/eo/20030319/en_movies_eo/11467" TARGET=_blank>Click Here for more.</A>
Old 04-06-2003, 01:06 PM   #32
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

the BBC is currently running a poll searching for Britain’s best-loved fiction across television, radio, online and interactive services. So, if you're in the UK, you might like add your vote for whatever your favourite fiction work is. The nomination period to discover the Top 100 best-loved books closes at midnight (GMT, I presume) on Saturday 19 April. <P><A HREF="http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/bigread/form.shtml" TARGET=_blank>Click Here!</A>
Old 04-11-2003, 08:39 PM   #33
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Another day, another poll to swamp. This time, it directly relates to the hype surrounding 'Matrix Reloaded.' Empire Online is asking fans "So, you've seen the final Matrix trailer. Will it be the best film ever?" One of the options is 'It's good but Return of the King will be better.' Not that we would ever suggest how you should vote, or anything.<P><A HREF="http://www.empireonline.co.uk/" TARGET=_blank>Click Here!</A> Bottom rightish.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:08 AM   #34
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Well Arwen, I think you have set the record for most times a person has posted in a row without a single other person posting on a topic (OK, that was a confusing sentence to say the least) Congradulations!<BR>Thank you for telling us about all these polls. Though recently I have not been on the Downs very much and I feel awfully behind in everything (What are you all talking about!) but that is going completely off topic. I am glad that these polls show that the public loves LOTR much more than any of the other films out there these days
Old 04-12-2003, 02:21 PM   #35
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thanks Gorwingel! It is rather nice to know that someone is reading these! <P>Many of these polls are still running, but one that is finished is one on the bbc website. Star Wars beat us! You didn't vote enough!<P> <P>On a happier note, at the Alties LORT picked up Guilty Pleasure Award, Best Soundscape, and The Big Award. For full list <A HREF="http://www.alternet.org/alties/winners.html" TARGET=_blank>click here!</A>
Old 04-14-2003, 07:08 PM   #36
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> MTV has just released their nominations for the 2003 Movie Awards. I think the Powers-That-Be at MTV are overlooking Andy Serkis much like the Academy Awards, they're nominating 'Gollum' for best team and best virtual performance instead of ANDY SERKIS...what do we have to do to get Andy some respect?!?!!!!<P>"The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers" and "Spider-Man" lead the crop of nominees for the 2003 MTV Movie Awards with five nods apiece. The 12th annual awards ceremony will be taped May 31 at Los Angeles' Shrine Auditorium for broadcast June 5 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, according to a network spokesperson. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>TTT is up for:<BR>Best Movie<BR>Best Male Performance (Viggo Mortensen)<BR>Best On-Screen Team (Elijah Wood, Sean Astin and Gollum)<BR>Best Action Sequence (The Battle for Helms Deep)<BR>Best Virtual Performance (Gollum)
Old 04-15-2003, 01:45 PM   #37
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sorry, forgot to post link where you can vote. Here it is!<P><A HREF="http://www.mtv.com/onair/movieawards/ma03/nominees/" TARGET=_blank>Vote!</A>
Old 04-16-2003, 03:01 PM   #38
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

English newspaper 'The Guardian' is currently running a poll on their site asking which 'winter-franchise' is the best. At the moment The Lord of the Rings is winning!<P><A HREF="http://film.guardian.co.uk/poll/0,6434,839239,00.html" TARGET=_blank>Vote Here!</A>
Old 04-17-2003, 07:36 PM   #39
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

The BBC asks today "Who's the best virtual movie character?" I'm surprised they even need to ask! <A HREF="http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/vote/votes/newsid_2949000/2949911.stm" TARGET=_blank>Vote Here!</A><P>Another poll currently running on the BBC website asks us which we are looking forward to the most: The Return of the King or the fifth Harry Potter-book. At the moment we are loosing badly, let's see if we can turn that around as well! <A HREF="http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/vote/votes/newsid_2620000/2620059.stm" TARGET=_blank>Vote Now!</A>
Old 04-19-2003, 09:49 AM   #40
Arwen Imladris
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I'm starting to think that the folks over at the CBBC website lack a certain amount of imagination: all of their polls seem to be somehow related to Lord of the Rings. At the moment they are running one about you favorite 'thing' <A HREF="http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/vote/your_charts/newsid_1647000/1647318.stm" TARGET=_blank>here,</A> and your favorite celebrity (vote for Elijah Wood or Orlando Bloom) <A HREF="http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/vote/your_charts/newsid_1647000/1647307.stm" TARGET=_blank>here.</A><P>The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers has been nominated for a Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation of 2002. The Hugo Awards are given out each year for the best in science fiction as determined by a vote of current Worldcon members. This year's Hugos will be given out at Torcon in Toronto on Saturday, August 30. You can check out the full list of nominees <A HREF="http://www.dpsinfo.com/awardweb/hugos/2003.html" TARGET=_blank>here.</A>