Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2002, 01:30 PM   #121
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Carnëiach has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Carnëiach
Eye

Mithadan, I think due to the decreasing number of people (Including Faye)you need to start recruiting new people asap.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:40 PM   #122
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

Thenamir...I'll also be away over the weekend, but I'll post immediately before I go (Friday lunchtime, my time) and when I get back on Monday. Which should be earlyish.

Sorry about all my disappearances...After my week in France (Friday 4th - Sat 13th) I won't be going anywhere, at any rate while I'm in France I should be able to make at least one post, I hope. I'm sure my french exchange person will have some sort of internet access. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] I'll make some posts for the week I'm away once we get into the game.
Old 09-24-2002, 01:49 PM   #123
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

OK. Does anyone know of other persons who wish to be involved? We could use one or two, maybe even three.

Oh, and my mailbox has space now. For some reason it keeps filling up lately....

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]
Old 09-24-2002, 01:55 PM   #124
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

No problem Varda. See if you can get in a post or two before you leave, so that I can get an idea of how you want to play your character, so that if I write for you I can try to imitate your style at least.

Bethberry -- though sundered by many leagues, I think some hay can be made of the idea that the Blue Mountain Mining Troop might have some claim on Moria. It will make for some interesting "polite conversation" when we meet up in Minas Anor.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (which happens often) -- didn't Thorin & Co. hang out working in the Blue Mountain mines before Gandalf organized them into the Smaug Extermination Team? If so, that will give the Blue Mountain Mining Troop even closer ties to those who died in Moria -- the news of Balin's death in Moria will come hard.

Theron IV Axehand
Old 09-24-2002, 02:15 PM   #125
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I am following the thread with some interest; while it is still in its infancy I can keep up, at any rate! My only suggestion would be that every player mark the top of their posts with their Nation. If those markers could be homogenous also, that would help.
Old 09-24-2002, 06:19 PM   #126
Guildo
Wight

Guildo has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Guildo
Tolkien

Ok im new to the RPG thing but i have a question about travel How long does it take to travel through Woods, compared to open land, or Mountains.

Glen Sight
Old 09-24-2002, 07:33 PM   #127
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Okay, Thenamir. I'll see your Blue Mountain Mining Troup and raise you my Royal Corps of Dwarven Engineers. In Minas Anor. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Bethberry
Old 09-24-2002, 07:36 PM   #128
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Marileangorifurnimaluim has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Hey, Stephanos me lad.

Hmm.. Mentors, let's all add this equation up.
[*]Players gone missing.[*]Some characters need mature adult writers.[*]Interesting and complex game.

Rimbaud:[*]Excellent and quirky writer..[*]Participated in the original Party (the smaller one) thread, generating Random Events..[*]Adult.. certainly old enough to Kayak..[*]Has been following story..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Psst... Mithadan, you cut off the front door, Pio's got the back. Birdie, Child, everyone, you tackle 'im - I've got the ropes.

NOW!!!!

[ September 24, 2002: Message edited by: Marileangorifurnimaluim ]
Old 09-24-2002, 08:12 PM   #129
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

He's hired if you can talk him into it.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:34 AM   #130
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

*coughs politely*

Maril, the lineup starts behind Susan and me. *smiles*
Old 09-25-2002, 04:39 AM   #131
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Tolkien

Does everyone agree with me that Nurn would be a real mess? I posited the following in the Dale/Jarl discussion group.

Quote:
I expect the situation in Nurn will get ugly, so we need things to start out pretty bright. I mean, Nurn is on the verge of civil war.

You did know that Nurn is on the verge of civil war, did you not? Yeah. No one else does either. The fleeing refugees will be the first clue.

What do you expect of a country that was half enslaved (how do you think the slave half feels about the non-slave? How did the non-slave half manage to avoid it?), overrun with fleeing orcs, environmentally damaged, which had a Dark Lord for how long, who thought it amusing to play one person against another. He would promote one family, knowing full well it would cause envy and suspicion, then watch that family get torn down by their own friends. A real sociopath. Toyed with these people before he got absorbed in his war. Worst yet, Nurn has loyalists to the Dark Lord, who have gone underground into secret societies. Though there are also public hangings of those who were Mordor's agents... oh yes, Nurn is not a nice place, not a nice place at all. They have no leader for King Elessar to invite.

Whose dumb idea is it to go there? Herurim's? Jarl, who doesn't know any better?
Old 09-25-2002, 07:44 AM   #132
Rimbaud
The Perilous Poet

Rimbaud has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

*Rimbaud looks flattered but, slippery as the proverbial eel, evades their grasping fingers and dives for the door.*

My apologies; the powers-that-be have decided that our company will run more smoothly with fewer employees and a 500% increase in workload. I wouldn't like to make a promise I couldn't keep.

Thanks for the flattery, Maril. I'll ask you out for a drink some time, given the proximity of Seattle and London.
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 09:28 AM   #133
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

well, it seems susan is no longer in the queue- faye has rturned. Shes posted on the shire discussion and she said shes tried PMiong u mithadan.
Old 09-25-2002, 09:31 AM   #134
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

I've reviewed the first day's posts. Excellent job everyone!

As matters stand, I think that Thenamir, Bethberry and perhaps Piosenniel could use add a player. Advise if you know of anyone!
Old 09-25-2002, 02:50 PM   #135
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Mentors, please post here listing the names of any participants who have not yet posted. Also, PM your teams, please and suggest that they check the general Discussion Thread as well as their own countries' thread.

Let's proceed people! You'll never make it to Gondor in 44 days at this rate!

*Crack! Snap!

[ September 25, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]
Old 09-25-2002, 03:31 PM   #136
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Brinniel has not yet posted for Harad, but she has been in touch with myself and with Alk. I am hoping that her post will go up tonight on the discussion thread. sharon
Old 09-25-2002, 03:49 PM   #137
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

Anarya Silverbranch has just sent me her first post, which I will review shortly. With luck, if she can get access later, she should be able to post it tonight.

A serious RL emergency delayed her response. We have RL lives, too, Mithadan, not just VL.

Bethberry
Old 09-25-2002, 04:02 PM   #138
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Quote:
A serious RL emergency delayed her response. We have RL lives, too, Mithadan, not just VL
Believe me. I'm quite aware of that.
Old 09-25-2002, 04:28 PM   #139
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

If Susan still defers to Erebor's need and if Thenamir does not need help, I think it would be great to have Rose Cotton at Lonely Mountain, if she would want to join us. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ September 25, 2002: Message edited by: Bethberry ]
Old 09-25-2002, 04:58 PM   #140
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Sting

*joy* has not posted, but of course we knew that in advance, and are still holding her place for her.
Old 09-25-2002, 05:06 PM   #141
GreatWarg
Shade of Carn Dûm

GreatWarg has just left Hobbiton.
Question

* GreatWarg decides Mithadan should never have a whip again. *

I'm still waiting for my fellows to post again, and also His WIghtness. I am quite sure Mr. BW knows how to get us to Minas Tirith in 44 days! That sounds like around the world in 80 days!
Old 09-25-2002, 05:15 PM   #142
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

*Mithadan looks around the Lonely Star for a whip*
Old 09-25-2002, 05:19 PM   #143
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

Thenamir, with a helpful expression on his face, hands Mithadan a wire whip, such as is used for beating eggs and whipping cream.

Mith: Any problem with the Blue Mountain Mining Crew meeting up with the Shire Hobbit Contingent, since we pretty much have to travel thru the Shire anyway? We'd have to make good time, but then again, since we are the furthest from the White City (except perhaps for some in the Rhun Nation) we would have received our summons' last, and therefore need to really hot-foot it to make up time.

If this is a problem, I can easily withdraw my proposal. Just want to make sure I am not getting in the way of some larger schemes...
Old 09-25-2002, 05:32 PM   #144
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Hook up with Susan Delgado. She is the Mentor of the Shire crew. If she says OK, its fine with me!
Old 09-25-2002, 09:43 PM   #145
Belin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Belin has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Belin
Silmaril

Rats, we almost had him.

I thought the Hobbits were going with us Rivendellians? Or did you WANT to travel with elves?

--Belin Ibaimendi
(yes, I'm working on it now! *ducks whip*)

[ September 25, 2002: Message edited by: Belin ]
"I hate dignity," cried Scraps, kicking a pebble high in the air and then trying to catch it as it fell. "Half the fools and all the wise folks are dignified, and I'm neither the one nor the other." --L. Frank Baum
Old 09-25-2002, 09:53 PM   #146
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

No reason we can't all travel together, Belin. Hobbits and Dwarves and Elves, oh my! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

For the record, I have no objections to travelling with the Blue Mountain Crew, Thenamir. Glad to have you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-25-2002, 11:52 PM   #147
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Sting

SusanDelgado: I assume your path is going to lead you to Bree, then southon the Greenway? How about if we catch up to you in Bree, after stopping to pay our respects to Mayor Samwise in Michel Delving? Don't get there too fast -- our ponies are built for strength, not speed...
Old 09-26-2002, 12:31 AM   #148
Susan Delgado
The Perished Flame

Susan Delgado has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Susan Delgado Send a message via AIM to Susan Delgado
The Eye

That sounds fine, Thenamir.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:45 AM   #149
Carnëiach
Haunting Spirit

Eye

Hobbbits and dwarves and elves....oh yeah!

this is really gonna be interestin. I can just picture the elves when we turn up with a merry mob of dwarves...

oh, fayes back
Old 09-27-2002, 02:52 PM   #150
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Silmaril

Hi Rimbaud - we're practically neighbors. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] You gave us the slip this time, but you won't get away forever.

Is anyone else finding themselves checking three discussion threads plus answering multiple PMs? Or is this situation unique to the Jarl/Garlin/Garvin (and now Ethar) team? I've almost forgotten about the game itself. RPG? What RPG?
Old 09-27-2002, 05:06 PM   #151
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

I feel the same way. It's kind of like the game has taken a backseat. I'm sure that situation won't last long, once we get going.

And to all of the hobbits, dwarves, and anyone else who has to cross the Misty Mountains: The Rivendell crew would like to travel with you, but can't wait forever. There are only so many "packing" posts a person can sanely accomplish.
Old 09-29-2002, 01:20 PM   #152
Elenna
A Ghostly Light

Elenna has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elenna
Silmaril

I know of someone who would be good:

Shadow_staar - She was involved in the Rivendell RPG with me, and I know her in RL. Her spelling and grammar aren't so great, but she is really, really creative and has a lot of good ideas.

Mithadan: Celebmornie hasn't PMed me with her character yet, so she may not be posting for a while.
Old 09-29-2002, 02:01 PM   #153
Marileangorifurnimaluim
Eerie Forest Spectre

Sting

Pio and Child have very kindly decided to post everything regarding my Gramil character in the Dale thread - which means the 'thread hunting' is transferred mostly to Child, so I'm not sure it's a solution. But thank you. I was asking the question mostly in relation to how we can avoid such a cumbersome process for all, not really to simplify my own reading.

-Maril
Old 09-29-2002, 06:13 PM   #154
Rose Cotton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rose Cotton has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi everyone! I'm with Bethberry now as you might have seen in the RPG.
I've never been a dwarf before. Actually I've never been anything but a hobbit. So Mithadan, if my charicter starts acting like a hobbit you have permition to whack me with your whip.
See you all in Gondor!
Old 09-29-2002, 10:12 PM   #155
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Elenna, see if Shadow_star is interested. Mentors, I know you've sent me multiple PMs/e-mails. I will try to sort matters out Monday. Thenamir, how are things? Have you heard from Joy? Do you need help/more participants?

Does anyone know of a good cable-layer in Australia?

Sincerely, "The King of Wishful Thinking"
Old 09-29-2002, 10:19 PM   #156
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Boots

A site's reach must exceed its grasp,
Else what's a Mithadan for?

And that's a compliment. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2002, 11:20 PM   #157
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Mith -- Regardig Harad..... Alkanoonion said they gave him some sort of a temporary line so he's up and running again. Yeah! They still have to lay down the permanent cable. sharon
Old 09-30-2002, 04:23 AM   #158
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

Sting

I don't know if Joy's going to come back or not, but it's been almost a week and I haven't heard from her.
Old 09-30-2002, 10:02 AM   #159
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Sting

Shadow_Staar has asked to join. Which team is in the most desparate need for an additional player?
Old 09-30-2002, 10:23 AM   #160
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

Sting

I would say the Blue Mountains, it really is just me and Thenamir posting at all. But perhaps another team needs a player more, I've been away and I'm not completely up to date yet.