Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2003, 06:09 AM   #161
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

erm...Ok, Helka, Thanks for the Edit.
I have to go to work now so I will put up my post some time tonight [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2003, 03:44 PM   #162
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Okay, I've put up a post that sort of sets up the village. If it's confusing or something, let me know and I'll edit it.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:21 PM   #163
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Ok folks, I've put my post up.

I have also moved us forward, we are now about to enter the desert and Ghurdan is waiting for Sevora to tell them in which direction they will be traveling. I hope that ok with everyone [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2003, 05:08 AM   #164
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

I have posted (finally).

Khasia is taunting Chani. Ealasaid, what do you want us to do with her eventually? And how exactly does she feel about the prospect of rebelling? I realize she's pretty well established as being on Ahmad's side, but is her disgust toward Yusef enough to push her into our camp?

Will pay more attention in the future, now that the flurry of my game's opening is done.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 07-04-2003, 12:28 AM   #165
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Durelin

Once the troops get to the little town described by Tinuviel - How far away do you envision the tribes to be?
Old 07-04-2003, 09:48 AM   #166
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I am really sorry, but for eight days now my phone has been down!! Argh! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] I have a lot of catching up to do, and I'll do my best...

Pio - I believe only about two days journeying will get us to the tribes.

Okay, I'm going to check out the RPG thread and my PMs, then I'll get back to you on anything else I see... Argh, I'm sorry about this!

EDIT: Yay, we're doing okay! It seems you guys do better without me!

[ July 04, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 07-04-2003, 12:30 PM   #167
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Helkahothion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Helkahothion Send a message via AIM to Helkahothion
Eye

Quote:
It seems you guys do better without me!
Will not say anything, will not say anything, will not say anything.

Have a balrogwing Durelin [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Will that be game time or real life time Durelin?

Abedithon le

[ July 06, 2003: Message edited by: Helkahothion ]
Old 07-04-2003, 01:08 PM   #168
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

So, the plan is:

1.) Go to the village that Tinuviel set up for you, make and example of her character. (two days Game time?)

2.) Then come, say 1 days march, to where the Baobab and Painted Sand tribes are?

Once you've done the sacrifice, either Ealasaid or I should do a post where word travels to us that this dark army is on the way, and that someone was killed for resisting.

This should excite the young converts and have the older tribe members making some makeshift plans.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:07 AM   #169
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Ealasaid, what do you want us to do with her eventually? And how exactly does she feel about the prospect of rebelling? I realize she's pretty well established as being on Ahmad's side, but is her disgust toward Yusef enough to push her into our camp?
uhhh.... I hadn't really thought it out that far yet. I will try to have something up here & in the game to let you know what she is up to by sometime today.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:28 PM   #170
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Sooo....I've been waiting to post for a while as I'm a little confused. How far are we from the village exactly? What are we going to do- camp or stay at an inn? Why do we make an example at all, is it because they aren't devout enough? Is it OK for Sammael to rebel, he won't like this at all...?
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-05-2003, 12:43 PM   #171
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Lyra - according to Durelin's post above - the troops are two days away from Tinuviel's village.

Why don't you go ahead and get them to within striking distance of the village - camp on the outskirts (I doubt it's big enough to have an Inn to house all of you). Send someone in to see what the village is like, bring back a little report on it to the High Priestess or the Captain of the troops.

This is your first strike among the desert dwellers for the Eye - you'll want to rattle your sabers, give them a taste of how powerful the Eye's troops are, strike fear.

There will be a trader there from the Baobabs who will hightail it back to the tribe (a day's journey from the Baobabs and Painted Sanders) to warn them what is coming.
Old 07-05-2003, 05:07 PM   #172
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Quote:
according to Durelin's post above - the troops are two days away from Tinuviel's village
Having read again what you're talking about, it says this:

Quote:
I believe only about two days journeying will get us to the tribes.
So I'll make it so that the village is just less than halfway between us now and the tribes but if I have to change it one way or the other, that's fine.

So will we camp overnight and make an example of Tinuviel in the morning?

[ July 05, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-05-2003, 05:59 PM   #173
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

I need to clarify, I see. Sorry about the confusion...

Pio - I thought you asked how far we were from the tribes themselves, not just the village. Still, I didn't really give a real clear answer. How does this sound? (I'm going to add one more day...I have something planned):

Once we reach the village, we will be about two days from the tribes.

And, I have a post for us reaching the village now. So, let me see what Lyra's post is like, and see how it will fit in, and if anything needs to be changed.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:17 PM   #174
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

ok, it's the school hols and my kids are keeping me busy, so I promise I'll try to post tommorrow.

Lyra love your post [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] it really gives me loads to work with, thanks [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
but I'll wait to see Durelin's post before I work mine.
Old 07-05-2003, 06:33 PM   #175
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Lyra - Your post is at night, right? So, if I have my post that has us enter the village the next morning... Essenia and Zasfal are scouting, so I guess I should wait until Nerindel can post until I post mine.

Is that right? Nerindel? Lyra?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what to post now... I still have to punish Dristi, but I have to wait until we're in the village. Not the proper supplies, you see. Oh, and I think I'll clear my punishment with you, Arien, just in case... So, check your PMs!

Oh, yeah, and I like the post, Lyra. Like the thing with Essenia! Is that the first time she's ever worn a dress, by the way? She couldn't really flirt then, could she? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks again, everyone!

[ July 05, 2003: Message edited by: Durelin ]
Old 07-05-2003, 07:28 PM   #176
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Chani will not be converting. I guess I have made that pretty clear with my post... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

She does not scare or intimidate easily, though, and she is definitely not scared of Jasara or Khasia (perhaps foolishly). Her sister Shushila is the one who scares easily. I've noticed that you guys keep writing her as though she is frightened of them. She would have been bewildered at first, but now she is just angry. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2003, 05:15 AM   #177
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Thanks for the note, Ealasaid, would you like me to change it? She's not scared at all?! I guess that's foolish [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]. Khasia probably would have fun killing her.

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 07-06-2003, 05:35 AM   #178
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Nerindel, when you post for Zasfal feel free to make Essenia do what you like, only make sure she shows reluctance. She'll do what she's told to but most likely she'll be looking daggers at Zasfal. I'll do her reactions after...
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-06-2003, 10:32 AM   #179
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Sophia -- I didn't quite follow your last post. Unless Khasia plans to kill Chani while she is still tied to the tree, she won't have an easy time of it. Also, I wouldn't be too quick to kill her as that would bring the entire Painted Sand tribe (with the exception of the PS converts) down on the convert camp, swords drawn. Since they are a warrior society, they are not pushovers.
Old 07-07-2003, 07:45 AM   #180
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok, I've finally found the time to post again [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. I'm soory if it's to long, but I think I've covered everything [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Lyra if there is anything you don't like, let me know and I will change it. I've left it open so you can post what we found out about the village and the tribesmen, hope thats ok. I wasn't sure how Essania would react to Zasfal taking the blame/credit for the incident in the inn so I also left that open. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2003, 08:29 AM   #181
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sting

Ealasaid- Eek! I should make myself clearer. I meant that while Chani is tied, it would be wise for her to be frightened, because Khasia would consider killing her very entertaining. Be that as it may, she has no plans to do so. Sorry. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Did you want me to edit and make her seem less frightened in my post?

Sophia
Old 07-07-2003, 08:35 AM   #182
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Might I just compliment you on that post Nerindel? It was cool. I'm really enjoying that Zasfal character. He makes me laugh. The punchingbag of the expedition. Man you're a genius.

My post is up, no further planning done, just a little rat hunt.

Abedithon le
Old 07-08-2003, 09:00 AM   #183
Ealasaid
Wight

Sting

Sophia -- no need to edit, but thank you for offering! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Chani IS a bit apprehensive, to say the least.. just angry, too. No one in their right mind wouldn't be at least a little scared under similar circumstances.

Don't mind me.. just a little cranky as I am working 10 hours a day, 6 days a week right now.
Old 07-08-2003, 07:34 PM   #184
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Rise and shine all you people! It's morning in the game! (If you tribesmen aren't ready for morning, finish up your evening/night stuff anyway...)

Also, Helka, I have to tell you - I don't think either of the Priestesses or Essenia would empty their stomach over a couple of dead rats...seriously. Have one of Nerindel's acrobats throw up if you must... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

But I am serious about that. None of the women on this journey would do that!
Old 07-09-2003, 03:16 PM   #185
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Oopsy, Pio could you move my post after Nerindel's?
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-09-2003, 05:05 PM   #186
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Oh! no! Poor Zasfal.
Lyra are you implying that Zasfal gets slapped about a bit more [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Ok, if this is so I will need to know how badly Sevora would have beat him [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2003, 05:55 PM   #187
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Lyra

Your post is moved! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2003, 11:38 PM   #188
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My post is up in my saved spot. About thirty (can edit the numbers if necessary) of the Painted Sand young have gone missing, for they have been rescued by the almighty Jasara, speaker for the Eye. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Talk about a love of dramatics [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] .

-Aylwen

[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]
Old 07-10-2003, 06:07 AM   #189
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I'll edit it right away Durexy. Sorry for the character miss-interpetation.

Abedithon le
Old 07-10-2003, 12:13 PM   #190
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

The Baobab tribe is moving east, to add their numbers to the Painted Sands encampment.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:30 PM   #191
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sting

Well, Rahvin has finally made an appearance by himself. Nerindel! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Ummmm...has anyone seen Arelendil lately? I am missing Naramarth... Perhaps someone should take over the character?
Old 07-10-2003, 06:36 PM   #192
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Ok, my post is up [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Durelin I wasn't sure if the group were marching to the village square straight away or if you wanted them to make camp on the outskirts first so I just finished with them approaching the village, I can edit when you let me know which it is [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

ok Durelin I've just read your post and I'm not quiet sure what your getting at, [Blinded Ghurdan of his folly?]. are you referring to Zasfal and the fact that Ghurdans infamous temper has not arisen [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] or have I lost the plot and you are referring to something completely different

[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 07-10-2003, 07:43 PM   #193
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

I have the post for Falia's d*ath scene ready, is there anyone who needs to make a post before it? It covers most of the day, but only the parts relevant to the sacrifice itself.

I will go ahead and put it up, but Pio feel free to move it if anyone's post needs to precede it.

[ July 10, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 07-11-2003, 04:43 AM   #194
Helkahothion
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Thank you for not killing the father yt Tinuviel. I thorougly enjoyed that. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

I hope it's not too gruesome?

Abedithon le
Old 07-11-2003, 12:05 PM   #195
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Durelin & co. - When do you think the people of the Eye will get to the tribes (Real Time and/or Game time)?

Pio - Which tribe do you think is going to be intercepted by the Evil Eye folk first? The Young or the combined Baobab and Painted Sand?

-Aylwen
Old 07-11-2003, 12:58 PM   #196
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Aylwen

I would think there should be a scene where the Dark Troops encounter the combined B/PS tribes and try to 'seduce' them if you will, into accepting the offering of the Eye with promises of riches/greatness/favors/etc.

The B/PS tribal Elders should then confer - and of course reject the offer of the Priestess. Her sweet words will then escalate into threats, and I think it is at that time that the Eye should lead the Young to the Dark Troops.

In the meantime - the Young should go into hiding - they are holding the daughter of the leader of the PS. The PS and the B tribe who have now joined them will be hunting for the captive and will have no qualms about killing a few of the defected, convert children.

It would be an interesting scene if the Young came to offer their assistance to the Priestess - her troops would of course stop them, and thinking they are just raggedy little trouble makers from the backwards tribes would try to run them off or arrest them. Then the Priestess would hear of them and welcome them into the fold.

Just my opinion - Durelin may have other plans, of course!
Old 07-12-2003, 06:23 AM   #197
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Nobody minds that I removed Sammael from the sacrifice do they? It's just that what's already posted didn't leave much room for him to protest and he wouldn't just stand there.
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-12-2003, 08:26 AM   #198
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

ok, I have put up two posts but I think both will need to be moved (Look's apologetically to pio) The first one needs to go between Durelin's post for Rahvin and Tinuviel's excellent sacrifice post [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

And the second would probably be better before Ariens last post were she enters the inn to face Sevora.

Sorry, pio if this is any trouble [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2003, 12:29 PM   #199
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

Sting

Nerindel

I don't mind placing posts. But please put them on the Discussion Thread next time with the date and time of the post wou want them to follow (and the name of the writer of that particular post)

Thanks! Makes it easier for me - Pio [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Posts have been moved - please check they are in the correct places. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 12, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 07-13-2003, 11:57 AM   #200
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

So Thorgom didn't spot Sammael and Damodred at the inn then, Helka...? I don't suppose it really matters, they could have missed each other. But just to clarify- when did we set up our tents? It seems like we walked to the village, did the sacrifice...and now we have to set them up! Or did someone mention it and I didn't notice?

[ July 13, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
the Forbidden Link