User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2005, 08:29 PM   #201
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

Just checking in with all of you. I can't wait for this RPG to begin! Storms and mutinies and shipwrecks, oh my!

Anyways, for those of you aboard the Ráca, I plan on posting a list of some of the crewmembers who will frequently appear in my posts and their jobs. For example, Caradhril, from my first post, is the master, the man who navigates the ship and occasionally steers it.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:51 AM   #202
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That's an awesome idea, Alcarillo!

I don't know if I'll do it, though...unless Perky and Firefoot want it. Is it necessary, do you think?

-- Folwren
Old 10-18-2005, 01:48 PM   #203
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Folwren - unless you want to do it, I'd say you don't need to. If random sailor/soldier #23 happens to be necessary to do something important, you can always assign them a name and role.

You may want to have someone like a first mate, though. Up to you.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:56 PM   #204
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Right. I figured it'd be less necessary for me to post who my people were, seeing as you and Perky, who are the only other RPers on the ship aren't too concerned with how the ship is being run. I have in my mind who I want to be doing what (Forimar, for instance, is my bosun), but I don't think I need to say who all my crew is.

Yes, I've a first mate. He's the left-tennant that met the King and the Councelor at the landing, I think. I didn't name him, though, did I? That can wait.

-- Folwren
Old 10-18-2005, 03:30 PM   #205
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Quote:
Actually, Aman, I wonder if you have to die.
I must say I hadn't yet considered it - but have no fear, I am sure that Rakin will certainly not be going gently into any good night
Old 10-19-2005, 01:00 PM   #206
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Hate I can understand. Pity...well, you'd need a reason.
Quote:
I was thinking, as obviously Rakin wouldn't forget Ferethor easily, that he might remember that Ferethor was a captain once and try to pry some information out of him. Military secrets, etc.
Hmm...I'm not sure actually, I don't think so. See, Ferethor has been a slave aboard the Fame and Fortune under Rakin for donkey's years; if Rakin had intended to get anything out of him, he probably already would have done so - it is unlikely that Ferethor would have any other knowledge of use to Rakin, bearing in mind that he was captured so long ago. And for the idea that he would not have forgotten his attack on him - bearing in mind that everyone seems to be trying to kill Rakin, well, after a time, one simply loses count and forgets specifics... No, but I don't think he would parade him on deck - after all, why waste the slave-power? He would be of more use rowing.

Sorry, I just don't think they're particularly likely. And there would, of course, but a certain amount of animosity between the pair, certainly from Ferethor's side - but the Captain probably wouldn't go out his way to make life hard for the slave, as it would only make him less efficient for his purpose aboard the ship i.e. as a rower. But, of course, if Ferethor was to try anything particular (and realistic) again, then that would be a different matter...
Old 10-20-2005, 12:57 AM   #207
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Hm. You're right, Aman. I guess we'd have to figure out another way to get Curamir to see Ferethor... +deletes last post+

I don't know why Ferethor pities Rakin, except for the fact that I pity everyone I hate and that I assumed that he'd do the same. I mean, someone who'd make you feel so miserable - that person must have had the same thing done by his surroundings, to act as such, and it's not really his fault if he angers you. But then, my reasoning, as usual, makes no sense.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:23 AM   #208
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by the mod who be pio
Watching the ChiSox tromp the Astros...
¡¡¡GO ASTROS!!!

Quote:
Corsair, n. A politician of the seas.

I love it

Well, I'm back Man was it great to get back to nature! I'm gonna hit the hay, but rest assured i'm back. I'll get back to work asap, but first I need my earned sleep!

The Ent who be Perky (Yeah, I'm bored like that )
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 10-22-2005, 06:46 AM   #209
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Glad to have you back, Perky.

Can't wait for this to get started!
Old 10-22-2005, 01:21 PM   #210
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

A while ago I promised a list of important crewmembers, but now I've decided that I'll make a list and edit it accordingly as new crewmembers are mentioned throughout the posts of those aboard the Ráca. I hereby bestow Kath, Thin, and Dunwen with permission to create important crewmembers as they please throughout their posts. I'll add the names to the list here. If you need to know who does what, you can just look at this list.

Captain Vórimandur - well, captain
Caradhril - Master
Morgond - Master-at-Arms
Dagur - Purser
Berengar - Carpenter
Arundel - Sail-maker
Other sailors include:
  • Arron
Sergeant Nillendion †- chief soldier aboard the Ráca
  • Commander Darnir - second in command
  • Lingwë
  • Curamir
Sergeant Angaden - chief archer
  • Nimir
  • Dimion
  • Gimil
Julie - Cruise Director

† dead

Last edited by Alcarillo; 04-01-2006 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:07 AM   #211
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

So, my dear Perkster -

All we need is your list of posts . . .

~*~ Pio
Old 10-23-2005, 02:33 PM   #212
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Silmaril

Hey,

Due to a typical feat of planning and my only being told, ooh, yesterday, I will be in Northern Ireland from Monday to Wednesday, returning Wednesday night, and will probably not have any internet access in that time: the grandparents do not have any problem with technology in theory, but wouldn't want it to happen to them, thank you very much So unless you could postpone for a few days, looks like I'll be missing the beginning of the game - sorry...

T'e wee Oirish Leprecaaaaan,

-Aman
Old 10-23-2005, 03:41 PM   #213
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
If that's due to parents Aman then lets send them to Mordor quick because I have the same problem! Mine have just informed me that I will be in Manchester from Wednesday to Sunday, and I will be without internet access. I should think Thinlomien could carry my character along in one of her posts if necessary though since they are friends, if thats ok with her.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:41 AM   #214
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I should think Thinlomien could carry my character along in one of her posts if necessary though since they are friends, if thats ok with her.
That's okay with me. I try to carry him along (if he needs to be carried along) with the characteristics you've described him to have.
Kath, you can do the same with my character.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:22 PM   #215
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Just checking in

Greeting Friends (and Enemies)!

I have also returned home after eight days, and am just letting you know I'm not dead yet. Another family member is demanding computer time , so I will be back later this evening, when I will hopefully have time to catch up properly.

Till later -- Dunwen
Old 10-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #216
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Sting

Fordim Hedgethistle
The Perky Ent
Firefoot
Folwren
Alcarillo
Dunwen
Kath
Thinlomien
Anguirel
Hiriel
Amanduial the Archer
Dancing Spawn of Ungoliant
Eorl of Rohan

Well...I think that's my list. If anyone has any problems with it, or wants to point out my stupidity, please let me know!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 10-26-2005, 12:48 AM   #217
Dunwen
Wight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcarillo
I hereby bestow Kath, Thin, and Dunwen with permission to create important crewmembers as they please throughout their posts.

Oooo, does this mean I can add Julie, the Cruise Director? (Cues theme to "Love Boat")
Old 10-26-2005, 12:53 AM   #218
Dunwen
Wight

Kath and Thinlómien,

Would it be possible to let my character meet yours when they get on board the ship? So far mine is still hanging out on the gunwhale, gawking at the king. The poor boy could use some friends, lol.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:34 AM   #219
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

The list has been placed.

The Game is now open for play

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to remove your signature from EVERY post to the RPG thread - including 'SAVES'.

Don't use smilies or icons (eg: etc.) on your posts. Save those for the Discussion Thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Piosenniel, Game Moderator

Last edited by piosenniel; 10-26-2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:10 AM   #220
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Kath and Thinlómien,

Would it be possible to let my character meet yours when they get on board the ship? So far mine is still hanging out on the gunwhale, gawking at the king. The poor boy could use some friends, lol.
Thinlomien has control of my characters movements until Sunday but that sounds find with me.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:24 AM   #221
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

For Eru's sake! It is 1:30 am here in Korea, must make no typing noise because mother expressly forbade me using the PC and she's a light sleeper. Please excuse me if I am late in replying or anything. Must go.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #222
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Eh, don't worry, Erol. Things will wait until a more godly hour in your time zone when you can actually type without worrying about being discovered. Goodness knows at least I've been in your possition more than once.
-----------
I'm not planning on posting anything on the RPG until either Firefoot or Perky have progressed to the ship, I think.

-- Folwren
Old 10-26-2005, 02:41 PM   #223
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

And so it begins...

Have fun
Old 10-26-2005, 05:18 PM   #224
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Perky, there's something weird about the formatting of your post... a copy/paste error, I think. Part of it is posted twice (not all of it right together, either, I don't think...), so I'm not quite sure what order everything is supposed to be happening in. I take it they're on the ship, now? Just checking because I don't think anything ever said they boarded... The other thing is you have Menelcar approaching Telumehtar in your post - I'm not sure I understand this. I guess what I'm really missing is a bridge between my First post and your post.

Sorry for being so confused. Explanation would be appreciated.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:35 PM   #225
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Bah! You're right. Tis' a copy and paste error. I'm having a little trouble with Word right now. Let me see if I can patch it.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:16 PM   #226
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Clarification about 'SAVES' for those new to playing in Shire RPG's from The Red Book:

Quote:
Reasons for 'SAVES' in RPG's:

Often, writers, because of work schedules, or time zone differences cannot post when the majority of the other players are on. In order to keep the game rolling along, they will post a 'SAVE' when they note a part of the game they need to respond to. They can then make their posts when their schedules are free to do so.

~*~

Uses:

To provide an opportunity for the writer have a space where he/she can insert a post so that it will follow logically in the storyline.

~*~

Rules:

Keep the 'SAVE' option to a minimum. Don't use it for a crutch, thinking you will get back to the post later - this usually doesn't happen.

'SAVE's should be gone back to and posted on within a 24 hour time period.(& preferably less time than this) Please note: SAVE's not filled in within 48 hours can be removed from the game. Players can then place a post on the Discussion Thread of the game and say where they want it placed.

'SAVE's should contain a brief, even one sentence description of what the poster intends to post about.

Other writers are free to post after a 'SAVE' has been put on a space. It is the responsibility of the writer who has posted the 'SAVE' to work within the posts before and after it.

If you decide you are not going to use a 'SAVE', then it is your responsibility to DELETE it from the game.
Old 10-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #227
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Tolkien

Cubs, Pio? I don't think so!

Out of curiocity, is that 'no icons in RPG' policy new? I don't remember that when I was here, but then, it's been a while. Post is nearly done and ready for "hopeful" copy and paste perfection!

Sorry for my stupidness as of late, but these last three days have been kinda rough school wise.

Perky
Old 10-27-2005, 02:56 PM   #228
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

1420!

Always the Cubs!

The no icon rule is about a year old.

And schoolwork first!!!!!!

~*~ Pio
Old 10-27-2005, 03:10 PM   #229
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Palantir-Green

Go Yankees

Save filled! Hopefully it makes more sense that its predecessor
Old 10-27-2005, 03:32 PM   #230
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Ah, yes, much more sense. I shall have a post up as soon as Folwren's save is filled.

pio - you like both the Cubs and the Sox!? Blasphemy!

Go Cubbies! It's only been a hundred years or so...
Old 10-27-2005, 03:39 PM   #231
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel

*smart salute* Yes, ma'am!

And sorry, folks, but that means I have to go do my school instead of write in the Save...

Firefoot, if you get around to writing your post before I get around to writing mine, then go ahead and post yours. I was actually hoping to be able to write after both of you. On the other hand, if you think you'd rather write after me, that's fine, too. Just do whatever.

-- Folwren
Old 10-27-2005, 03:48 PM   #232
Hiriel
Wight

Hiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Hiriel
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel

That's, alas, what holds up my post. Sorry about the SAVE abuse. Will not happen again. My post should be up sometime before tonight.

Perky: I was thinking of maybe having some NPC ships for the Umbarians. Ones that could be involved in the battles and strategy and stuff but wouldn't have any main characters on them. Do you think that would be okay?

4 8 15 16 23 42 ~Proud Lostaway
Old 10-27-2005, 08:13 PM   #233
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Perky, I have one request to make concerning your post. If you will, please have the Captain meet him either mid-ship, where the King would actually enter the ship, or at the stern on the quarterdeck...where the wheel is, you know.

I'm still working on the post...

Firefoot, I really think it would be easier if you wrote your post first, but I'll do my best without yours.......I can take down my Save if necessary. <--hopeful grin

Ah, yes, one more thing - are you sure you want the ships to start off immediately, Perky? I guess that'll work......

-- Folwren
Old 10-27-2005, 08:15 PM   #234
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Folwren - Yes, I can write a post before you put yours together. I was just about to start writing one now - hopefully I can get it up before I go to sleep, but I'm starting to get tired...
Old 10-27-2005, 08:20 PM   #235
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Well, then, dear, it's a race of time and speed of fingers. I'm working on a post now, but I may not be able to finish this evening - depending on if Pop sends me to bed or not. I'm hoping that you'll finish your post first, in which case, I'll probably be able to use the one I'm actually writing now with a few changes. Unless, naturally, your character does something unexpected which would be lovely.

In a bit.

- Folwren
Old 10-27-2005, 08:25 PM   #236
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Well, I figure we need to have some river time...

I'll make him meet you in the stern
Old 10-27-2005, 08:42 PM   #237
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Thanks, Perky!

Will have the post up tomorrow morning - promise.

Goodnight, all.

-- Folwren
Old 10-27-2005, 09:03 PM   #238
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mother's at work, and I'm trying to catch up on the flurry of posts and saves. And possibly have another post up, if I can squeeze it in. Aman, by the way, what is your secret for writing so well? I'm in dire peril of being a fangirl of yours - (Mr. Aman, will you please sign for me? +faints+) Anyway, really.

Perky, I am taking you by your own words. You said we had perfect liberty, so I am taking liberty by my last post. Yay.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 10-27-2005 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:08 AM   #239
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Save filled. Sorry it took so blazingly long to get there. Computer troubles. But, however that may be, it's finally up. The quarters on a ship are kind of tight, and if you (Firefoot or Perky) want your characters to complain...do so. I'll tell you now, though - you probably won't get very far with the captain. I'm not expecting the king to say anything, but. . .well, we'll see.

-- Folwren
Old 10-28-2005, 11:22 AM   #240
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I've posted too. Sangalazin wants to chat to Rakin over a game of chess after a bit of brisk strangulation.