The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-12-2003, 08:58 PM   #1
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril A Sad .....Sad Story:(

Have you guys seen TTT on the premire night or on the Friday afterwards(i couldn't go on the first or second day because I had school)? Well this is what happened to my friends and I the Friday after it was released. It's more pathetic than funny.Don't forget to post anything wierd that happened to you.

Well it all began when we met after classes to see the movie. I was in such a good mood since it was the end of the week and not to mentiopn , I was going to see TTT(plus Christmas was the following week!) Anyways we decided to go to the theatre near my school(in Manhattan). When we arrived, the person at the box office said that they were sold out of tickets. I was so mad but I kept my anger inside. We were prepared for this, and we had a list of every other theatre in Manhattan. So , one of my frinedsa suggested that we try the theatrte in Broadway. However, we wwere running out of time and it was getting late. So, we split up...half of us went to check out the Broadway theatre and the other half to check out another one. However, this did not work to our adavntage.When we arrived at the other theatre, it was to find out that it was sold out here to!No! How could this be? We walked 15 long Manhattan blocks for nothing? So the group of us stood around debating what we should do. One of the group said "hey ...this is like the Fellowship, we're on a quest to see a movie"(I know...sad).At that very moment , one of the other group calls my cell phone to say that the other theatre sold out!)It was funny beacsue we all said "no!" at the same time. Therefore , we agreed to all meet up at one of the United Artists thaetres downtown.We would meet in 10 mins. I responded that that was cutting it close but that we might make it if we run.So I put my cell phone away and ran we did!For many blocks...flying and almost running into tons of people. By this time my feet were killing me beacuse I was wearing high heeled boots. Pretty soon (and this is strange because I'm the fastest runner of the group) I started to slow down and finally I came to a halt. "I cant go on guys...go ahead...my feet are killing me," I said. "No,"my friend responded,"we are not leaving you." Then she did the wierdest thing of all. She took off her sneakers and gave them to me. Them she put on my high heeled boots(her sneakers were big on me). So we bagan to run as fast as we could again(and i lagged behind again because I was practically swiming in my friends shoes).My friend was also running slowly because she never wears heels.So after a little while my friend herself, became tired she said"stop lets rest!" "There is only five minutes left...they said they would leave us if they found there were no tickets left and that we didn"t arrive,"I responded. "Oh well...they arent going through as much pain us ...they took the train!" "Well," I responded,"there are no trains near here so go on!" Then my one of my other friends was kind enough to lend her sneakers this one...and I got to try on new sneakers ...but these were to small(nevertheless...I had no choice so I wore them any way). Then it was her turn to try on teh painful boots. Off we ran again and then we finally made it (we ran a mile and a half in less than15 minutes...see LOTR can drive people with high heels to do anything....I'm suprised the traffic and people did not slow us down). However it was to our dissapointment that this theatre was sold out to and our friends weren't in sight. So we checked the theatre entance inside and still didnt find them. Afterwards,I called them and they said that they were headed for yet another cinema. Dang! How could they! But, this one was all the way on teh other side of manhattan! So we needed to take a taxi. One of my friends tryes to hail a cab , but to no avail. All the taxi drivers speed past us. Discrimination! Just because we're teenagers does not mean we cant afford to ride a taxi1 Do they think we are poor? Why would we be hailing a cab if we didn't have money?! Anyways 30 minutes later a taxi pulled up and we got in (bless his soul hehe).During this time, while the taxi was heading for our destination , my friends feet were hurting badly. So I gave the sneakers back to her and she gave me back my boots, and the other friend got her sneakers back as well(lol, am I confusing you? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img])Finally after 15 minutes we reached the cinema and found our friends! We were all smiling until we saw there faces. One of then shook her head a couple of times. No don't tell me, I thought to my self. "It;s sold out, I'm sorry," they said. "It can't be!" "I'm sorry," she repeated. Then I collapsed to my knees in defeat...and plus my feet were killing me (what I do for fashion!)There are other theatres out there...but it's useless...look how much we ran ..for nothing. The other ones are likely to be sold out as well,"she said.Then one of us said ,"and this work for nothing."

And that was the sad TTT story and no I'm not a geek. It's just that it all wa sos hard and what kept us going was to think of the fellowship or rather, think of ourselves as the fellowship. For instance one of us posed as Aaragorn...telling the others to not despair and to move on before we were late. Howeveer we never got to see the movie that night. Lol! But I saw it the next day(and my boots broke....don't ask).Does anyone of you have any interesting stories to tell of your first night watching TTT, or your attempt to watch it......
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Arwen Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 08:59 PM   #2
Arwen Melian
Wight

Location: Sometimes Imladris....sometimes Mirkwood...other times ....Lothlorien
Arwen Melian has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sorry ...it is late. I should have made more paragrapths and forgive my typos. I'm going now to get some caffiene. Namarie. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Arwen Melian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 09:24 PM   #3
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Here's an idea... If you want to see ROTK when it first opens and don't want to have another sad experience, get your tickets over the Internet ahead of time. That's what my school's Sci-fi/Fantasy club (of which I am a member) did when we went to see TTT last year. We're going to do the same thing for ROTK this year.

[ September 12, 2003: Message edited by: Meneltarmacil ]
Old 09-13-2003, 08:08 AM   #4
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Off-topic: FYI, there is an edit function. You can edit your own posts. It's one of the little icons at the top of your post. Please do so rather than making a second post explaining your errors.

This message will self-destruct as soon as the intended target corrects her post and I notice it.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:30 PM   #5
Phanatikal

Sting

My experience was crazy! I got home from school and my mom drove me to the theater!
Old 09-13-2003, 02:21 PM   #6
merenwen
Animated Skeleton

merenwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

ahh the joys of living in a small town! fortunately i didn't have a very hard time getting to TTT. and my older brother payed for my seat so i had a very pleasant time indeed!

~merenwen~
Old 09-13-2003, 02:39 PM   #7
Maikadilwen
Summoner of Lost Souls

Maikadilwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Erh... Next time, why don't you just call the place and ask if they have any more tickets? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2003, 03:24 PM   #8
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

I got my tickets about a month before the film came out. From the cinema box office.

Is that sensible or strange?

Anyway, the only remotely interesting thing about my first visit to TTT was that I went with a bunch of people, some of whom were not quite the Lord of the Rings fan that I am (insert; possible understatement), and they all made several nervous remarks about how I kept shaking with excitement.

Good times!