User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2004, 09:15 AM   #81
Thengal
Haunting Spirit

Thengal has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The letter has been delivered. On with the quest!
Old 02-01-2004, 03:39 PM   #82
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Hama: I know your character has come ot the inn, woudl you like to have him know to the group so i can get up a post and we can really start our adventure.

BTW- Im really happy with how the game is going at the moment!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-01-2004, 08:46 PM   #83
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Eladain Moruviel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

so are we done with the Inn now?

P.S. Everdawn, your sig is from a Mid Summer Night's Dream right? Titania said it to Oberon?
Old 02-02-2004, 12:51 AM   #84
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Sure did, It's from my fave. passage!

OK on the Inn, we are pretty much done, i just need to have Hama's character make himself known some how and i have the post which will get us out of there up soon.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-02-2004, 02:37 AM   #85
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Hama Of The Riddermark has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I think I'll have myself overhearing the coversation about 20 thousand gold pieces and some over, or something like that...

P.S Sorry about not posting for three days, I've been at a friends house without great access to the net.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:50 AM   #86
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

It may be just my overzealousness, but can you post more often?
Old 02-02-2004, 01:50 PM   #87
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Instead of posting more often, post longer and more descrpitivlely, youll feel better for it.

And yes, i know i said id have another post up by now, but i got busy last night (@#*%!!) the telephone and people who wont stop talking!)and ive only just woken up now so during the day or this afternoon at latest, that will get us moving!

----------

(@#*%) - edited out by Game Mod

Hold up on the use of any swear words - the BW does not appreciate them. ~*~ Pio

EDIT: Okay! *slaps wrist*
[img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

EDIT: Cheeky! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:59 AM February 03, 2004: Message edited by: piosenniel ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-02-2004, 08:04 PM   #88
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Do you mean that my posts aren't descriptive or are too short?
Old 02-02-2004, 10:12 PM   #89
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

Not at all! I just mean that longer posts make up for shorter ones, and while much more is done between characters dramatically and by the story more gets done so that it doesnt feel as though no one is posting, is all.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-04-2004, 01:02 AM   #90
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Just in case

If anyone is going to be missing for a while, I can take over their characters.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:28 PM   #91
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White-Hand

OK im goign to get us moving to our first challenge... The Minas Tirith Archives where we will find some damming evidence to say that there was a cover-up..etc, Maén knows where it is, any objections?

Note: I am very excited to see how the guards will react to having a Gondorian institution broken into... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-04-2004, 10:09 PM   #92
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Let me see if what I think is correct. The damning evidence is to be found in the guard archieves that we can't get in - and therefore we have to break into the institution?

I have varying ideas to Ferethor's actions, which one is best?

story #1

first post. Ferethor learns of this, thinks it dangerous but fails to convince Maen and the rest of the company.

Second post. Warns the door guards beforehand to stay away, Maen is suspicious of where Ferethor has gone, they get the documents

Third post. Guard captain, not knowing Ferethor's reasons, think he'd turned traitor listening to such bewildering order. He tries to arrest Ferethor, but Aelimur steps in and save the day.

story #2

First post. Ferethor learns of this and is reluctant to go wiht the idea. However, he joins in at planning.

Second post. Ferethor obtains the document by his authority without telling it to anyone but Aelimur. They decide that this information needed to be given to the party, but they don't know how to do it without revealing themselves.

Third post. They sneak in by night and get the documents. However, guards are informed of the intruders by (the spy in this story) and send soldiers after them. The party scatters and flees. Ferethor, knowing that it would be out of the question to gather the scattered party, face down the captain of the searchers. he thought everyone else had fled, but Crystal was nearby listening. Sooner or later, Atharen and Aelimur gets everyone back and they start on their journey.

Story #3

First post. Ferethor and others sneak into the institution. However, a guard steps out, recognises Ferethor, and calls out to him in surprise. 'Captain!'

Second post. Instantly on the alert, everyone looks darkly at Ferethor in doubt and surprise.

Third post. (All right, I don't know how to extract myself from this situation. I'd think of a way.) Anyway, they get the doc.
__________________________________________________ _____________

Which storyline do you like best? A POLL.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #93
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I like the first idea!

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-05-2004, 02:41 AM   #94
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Yeah, me too.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:57 PM   #95
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

They're all interesting, but I'd back idea one or two.
Old 02-05-2004, 09:46 PM   #96
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I'd back two, closely followed by one. So the count is

#1 - OO
#1 or #2 - O
#2 - O
Old 02-05-2004, 09:47 PM   #97
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Wait, I failed to add that I've already written the whole story of #1. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Why don't everyone poast more often? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 12:38 AM   #98
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

We are out of the Inn, I repeat we are out of the Inn and on our way to do some breaking and entering... [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] What fun! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-06-2004, 12:55 AM   #99
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Can't wait! *wolfish grin*
Old 02-06-2004, 03:22 AM   #100
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I prefer the second story, as I said. However, I've written the basics of the first story - I'll put a part of it here just to let you know.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:29 AM   #101
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ring

"What is this?" Ferethor cried, as the surrounding guards drew their swords at the signal of the captain. "Are the guards of Minas Tirith turned against itself?" The flickering light of the torches glanced off the pale blades as the captain Meren stepped forward.

"You are taken into custody. If you resist, you will be hewn down. Throw down your weapons!" Meren commanded. "For what crime, captain?" Ferethor asked, his hands straying toward his belt. "Betrayal." Meren said dryly. "You are charged for the treson to the state. Persuading guards to desert their posts and infiltrating the government building alone decrees your death, but I am allowing you a chance to defend yourself. Speak and be not silent!"

"I greatly rue the harm we have done, but it was vital. My errand was given by the Lord Elessar himself, who commanded me to reveal it to none. I would accompany you freely, if it had not been that I am in great haste and have need of secrecy of my status." Ferethor slowly drew out his slender elven knife against the array of swords. "If you seek to carry out your law, then do so! Yet I will not tread the path to Mandos alone."

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:34 AM February 06, 2004: Message edited by: Eorl of Rohan ]
Old 02-06-2004, 03:47 AM   #102
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

That part would be just after the company ran off with the document and Ferethor lingered for a while. This part would happen when Maen declares her intention and Ferethor fails in stopping them.

"This is beyond madness, if such it be." Ferehtor cried, aflame with fury. "Raid the Minas Tirith military Archieves for non-existing scrolls? Fool's errand! Flouting the authority, risking all our lives and mission in a hopeless venture... Elbereth protect us!"

Aelimur, who backed off slightly in the face of Ferethor's wrath, ventured to ask. "Yet we were unable to stay this madness. What is to be done? Let us take thought and counsel each other." At that, Ferethor laughed bitterly. "You always counsel prudence, Aelimur. Alas, my comrade, yet at some moment prudence must fail - for the eyes that only gaze to easier path are ever closed. Indeed what advice canst thou give?"

Aelimur kept silent, knowing that Ferethor's fiery anger will abate into cold, logical thoughts. "I'd have to contact the Archieves Guards." He said with distaste. "Flattery, bribes, threats... Whatever it takes, sicne we cannot reveal our secret errand. May Morgoth take camouflages we have to assume! Yet how can I shake off that ranger, Atharen?"

Aelimur suggested, "It is perilous for you to stray out of the company, since they keep such watch on you. Allow me to go in thy stead," Ferethor waved his hand in deial, his lips curling in a half-smile. "You've made nothign but enemies in your service. Next time, if there is one, alway remember - ally yourself with a powerful source. They may come in useful." With a military snap, he cast his cloak about his shoulder and turned to go.

"Stay!" Turning swiftlyt, Ferethor said, "We need haste. Be quick." Aelimur asked, "Were you joking when you said you'd do what you can to bribe or intimidate the guards?" AFter an incredulous pause, Ferethor said, "Hard tasks need hard ways." As he was leaving, he called out, "Aelimur, MAnwe keep you safe!" Aelimur meditated cynically a moment, wondering who at the moment needed the protection of the Valars.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:17 AM   #103
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Just in case you get alarmed -

I will not be putting any REAL violence in the story if I can help it. Which means that whatever sword and threat is made, no blood shall be actually shed.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:05 AM   #104
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Why not?! Unlike the Green Drangon Inn the RP's are allowed to have violence in them, it allows the RP's to ebb and flow, so by all means, feel free!... Butat this point of time, it would not be appropriate. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-08-2004, 12:31 AM   #105
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

If you see an 'edited by' from me - I am removing your signature from your game post.

Please try to remember to do that before you place the post on the Game thread.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:33 AM   #106
Melisil
Wight

Melisil has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I am not sure to all of this on my characters behalf. Yes, I don't mind that last post you made Eorl, but still. I will play as things come and go.

A question and another comment first though:
Everdawn, what exactly are they stealing these papers for again?

and Eorl of Rohan- slow down! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img], we don't all have every second to post with(as I too used to have). Just have patience, our posts will come.
Old 02-08-2004, 03:16 AM   #107
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

So that there is evidence that there was a cover-up by the Gondorian army to try to 'erase' any trail of Guriel from their records becuase they did not like to admit thier huge mistake. Maén is just covering her basses, i mean, she wouldnt want to waste all her Aunt's money on the company unless she was really sure that he was still in hiding and that it would be wirth her while to go and find him. At persent she only has papers that were in her family's posession. For unquestional proof, she would need these documents. Know what I mean? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-08-2004, 06:15 AM   #108
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Uh... Hama of the riddermark, I just saw your post. It's not my place to judge, but you ARE overreacting. Can you just change it a bit?

How am I to absolve this peacefully if someone comes running with an arrow at my neck? It just does not make any sense at all. Or is it just me?

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 7:19 AM February 08, 2004: Message edited by: Eorl of Rohan ]
Old 02-08-2004, 01:08 PM   #109
Hama Of The Riddermark
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Roryn worked with Atharen in the past, and knows him. He reacts very extemely to people threatening his friends and especially rangers of Gondor...
Old 02-08-2004, 01:22 PM   #110
Eladain Moruviel
Haunting Spirit

Eladain Moruviel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I regret to say that something has come up, and I won't be able to post anymore [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] ... I'm sorry for the trouble, and y'all may deal with my character in any way you see fit ie. killing him, or someone else taking him
Old 02-08-2004, 01:23 PM   #111
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

Ladies and gentlemen, much as I appreciate a good fight as much as anyone else, and much as both the brilliantly written (seriously, very impressed [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] )hostility and the loyalty towards my character give me that delightful RPGing glow, please put away your weapons in whatever manner you feel necessary. As was said, there will be no blood shed. Yet. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2004, 01:48 PM   #112
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Yeah, agreed, guys, plently of time for fighting, we have a long way to go... (all will be revealed later.

Eladain: Thats ok I understand.

Anyone got any ideas on how to deal with Del, or are you going to exit him Eladain?

Juts a thought; Has anyone seen Thegel?

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 2:50 PM February 08, 2004: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-09-2004, 12:31 AM   #113
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

All right, I've done my best.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:05 AM   #114
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Ok I was thinking about the Del situation, and im thinking how about he gets caught and thrown into a Gondorian prison?

I know it's a little brutal, but i am so out of ideas right now it's not funny, most of my creativity is going to my seven assignments i have all due at the same time. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] . Ok now I have to go watch the Lion King to de-stress and re-creatise (I made that word up).

Any other ideas for the departure of Del will be seriously appreciated!

-Everdawn.

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-09-2004, 04:11 AM   #115
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I'll play him for a while, then kill him off at the first battle we come across.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:08 AM   #116
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Thankyou Eorl! Thankyou so much, so are you ok with that? The first battle we come to is Bandits on the road... ok i just let one of the cats out of the bag... Thats after the Archives thingie...

Well, anyway as they say "Sheeeyl be rite mate" [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Old 02-10-2004, 01:42 AM   #117
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sure. This is a rough draft.

Del dealt a death stroke to one of the bandits, crying "Run!" as he battled. His splintered shield lay beneath his feet. Yet Ferethor stood transfixed on the spot, the others almost forgotten.

"Leave him!" Atharen called, his voice tinged with pain. "Del buys us time to escape with his blood. Let us take it, and go! It is ours to live." But still Ferethor hesitated in a dreamlike state, lingering. Only when Atharen, driven by urgency, cried, "Ferethor!" did he come back to full awareness. Turning with his hands clenched, Ferethor asked, "Leave him there?" Atharen replied as he mounted his horse and chased after the others,"There's nothing we can do."

And Ferethor knew that it was true. He leaped on one of the horses whose owner must have met his end, and made it gallop across the open fields. A volley of arrows whistled over his head, and the arrowheads seemed aflame in the light of the sunset. The poor horse whinnied in pain and fell heavily on the ground as it was shot. Ferethor, narrowing avoiding falling with it, made for the woodlands on foot.

He winced as a searing pain cut through his shoulders, one of the parting gifts from a bandit archer. He hid himself in the shadows of trees, regretting that he had used up all his arrows in the first battle. A few moment later, the bandits themselves came to look for him.

"Sir! He wouldn't have gone far." One said confidently, shouldering his bow. "I am pretty sure that I got him." But thw man who seemed to be in command turned. "We do not have times to search for a single man in the woodlands all night! We head back to our refuge by Anduin by nightfall."

The darkness of night fell on the forest. Ferethor lost conciousness to the loss of blood.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 02-10-2004 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:16 AM   #118
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Ok, as I mentioned before, I'll be cramming my character, who can be looked at back on pg. 1 in here in light of Eladain's absence. I've figured out a way to get him in right after the group exits the Minas Tirith Military Archives. The post is ready and waiting for all of yours. I'll post a spruced up version of my character, Idruil's, original first post.

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Old 02-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #119
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
ANNOUNCEMENT

Note to All Players

The move to the new board restored all your signatures to previous game posts.

Don’t bother fixing them!

Just remove signatures from the new posts you place on the game.

~*~ Pio, Shire Mod
Old 02-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #120
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

At this rate, I'd be writing half the RPG But I can't stop writing. This post continues after the last one. Any corrections in grammar or spelling is VERY welcome.

Ferethor came to his conciousness painfully, as the sun sank behind the snow-crowned peaks of Misty Mountains. Passing a hand over his fevered brow, he slowly rose to his feet. Ferethor was faint with loss of blood and in great anguish, so that he had taken but few steps before he swayed and grasped a tree for support in dismay. After a moment of strife with his weariness and grief, he sank down by a young birch to comtemplate his next move as darkness gathered.

"A bitter end is this to all my hope!" He cried out in bitterness. "Yet while my strength remains I must go on." Indeed it was only his stern will that aided him as he crept from the eve of encircling trees to the scene of battle, which was terrible to behold. So it was that Ferethor came upon Del in the midst of slain.

"Del!" Ferethor knelt down, taking his hand. "Awake! We are alone." At his voice, Del stirred and opened his eyes, bright but foreshadowed with death."Ferethor, my time has passed. Falling valiantly in battle was my desire, rather then fall prey to old age and die witless and alone. Such desire is fulfilled, and I am content. Do not mourn for me. I have only this to bid you - watch over the company in my stead." Del ceased speaking. Ferethor stayed kneeling stricken with sorrow, utterly rgardless of his own pain and weariness.

At last Ferethor gently took the hilt of hte sword from Del's lifeless hand and saw that it had broken asunder. Laying it at his feet wiht all the other weapons of bandits that he could gather, Ferethor laughed as one fey with bitter anguish of mind, crying "Thus have you been enmeshed in the Doom of Illuvatar to children of Men, and have escaped the circles of this world."

Then Ferethor set the barren dune aflame, and watched as the consuming flame devoured the bloodstained field. Turning, he left the charred and blackened field behind him, naming it "@#$#@-en-@#$@", the plain of Immesureable Sorrow.

Ferethor then took to tracking the lost company through the woods, spent with griefand the wound ever sapping his strength. He had little hope to follow a horseback company in such a state. Indeed Ferethor would have fain laid himself down and embraced death had he not been driven by Del's bidding to watch over the company in his stead.

Thrice have the sun risen, when Atharen found Ferethor in the woods on the brick of death. Ferethor whispered"So I have found you." before darkness took him.

Last edited by Eorl of Rohan; 02-10-2004 at 11:50 PM.