The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2009, 02:33 PM   #1161
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I didn't save the PMs from my first night as a wolf so you must ask sally, but I do have the rest and I can post them if it's fine by Nerwen (but not now because I'm going to sleep).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
just having a Ranger around is a major deterent to the wolves.
Yeah and it totally messed up our plans, especially as we were told you could protect yourself once. The last day wouldn't have been half so scary if we had killed you earlier.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:37 PM   #1162
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I didn't save the PMs from my first night as a wolf so you must ask sally, but I do have the rest and I can post them if it's fine by Nerwen (but not now because I'm going to sleep).

I'd love to post the ones that I've got but they're on my computer and it's currently very much out of commission, so be patient with me please and I'll be sure to do my best!
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #1163
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh, what a game.

Really, congrats wraiths, you were awesome. You deserved to win although I wouldn't have wanted you to.

I hold a grudge against Agan, though - I was reading the thread after my death (knowing the roles) and tearing my hair: "Oh, why can't I be alive? You are leaving such obvious clues! And I'm not there to point them out!" Agan: "Exactly, darling. But because you and [insert various other names here] are dead, I dare to leave them." That was so frustrating!

Thanks, everybody, especially Kit.

More comments and reps will come later...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:48 AM   #1164
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I didn't save the PMs from my first night as a wolf so you must ask sally, but I do have the rest and I can post them if it's fine by Nerwen
Oh, it's fine by me– but is it fine by Macalaure? I seem to recall that we made a few uncomplimentary remarks about Mr Ferny...
Old 02-09-2009, 07:47 AM   #1165
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Oh, it's fine by me– but is it fine by Macalaure? I seem to recall that we made a few uncomplimentary remarks about Mr Ferny...
It was nothing so bad he couldn't read it, and the remarks wouldn't have been needed if he had paid more attention to possible clues.

I don't have Night 5 but here are the rest.

Night 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I don't have much time toNight. I need to leave in a few hours as I've promised to see some friends in order to complete an RPG campaign we didn't manage to do when we were supposed to, and I won't be back till Morning.

Unless I hear from you soon, I'm just going to send a tentative kill choice to Kit and say you might change it later if you're around. I don't know when you're coming back so I don't want to risk missing a kill.

Brinn sent me your old PM's and I'm just skimming through them. Good job guessing my identity so quickly. I left a few very vague hints in addition to the extensive Frodo speculation, but doubted anyone would see them. And yeah when saying to you on day 1 that this village needs people with an ability to make ploys, I was kind of trying to suggest that if there was someone who could realise I was Frodo, it was you, but I didn't dare to be any more straightforward in case I was wrong about you.

So.

If the ranger doesn't stop us, we have to survive three days. I'm rather sure Mac will get lynched soon, although if we kill Rikae, that might not be the case.
If the ranger ever gets in the way, I suggest we put some hints in our posts about the night kill just in case we need to impersonate the ranger later to save us from the gallows / lure out the real ranger. It's going to be bad if we don't find xem soon & xe gets to reveal.

As for the last day, whenever it is... If we get people to waste their retractions, it's going to be an easy win. One possibility, if we're both alive, would be that we both choose one to accuse & be very sure about, and try to convince other people to follow us & retract. But it's a bit early to talk about it yet.
Let's at least try to avoid sacrificing each other as it's going to be so much easier if we're both alive. Also, days with only three people alive are horrible even as an ordo.

Lari. I have been encouraging the idea of her being Frodo, but her defences look quite honest so I don't know if we can get her lynched. Not without Rikae's contribution, at least. She's been controlling the game.

Mira. If Rikae is left alive, she could be made an easy lynch target.

Berry. I think he's relatively safe to keep around for now.

However, I would like to kill a newbie at some point because although they're all doing well, it would feel kind of unfair to win by trying to manipulate newbies. I doubt we have a newbie ranger, though. Lommy wasn't that transparent (I didn't catch her before her reveal), and I'm not sure a newbie would gamble by not protecting her, either.

Rikae. Is there any role she hasn't tried to impersonate? A thought that occurred to me was that she could be the ranger trying to look as weird as possible in hopes that we would ignore her. She'd definitely be good enough to catch Lommy & protect her before her reveal or gamble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry
Well, at least today's vote is clear, barring some master-plot as Legate said. I haven't decided which of our seers is the impostor, but the real one may be a victim tomorrow, unless the wraiths keep her alive for confusion's sake.
It's not really that simple, though. If we're lucky, the ranger will protect her. If we're even luckier, the ranger will successfully pull off a bluff of not protecting her when the wraiths expect him to, and then be able to protect her toMorrow night, buying her two dreams. It's been done before.
I wondered already then why she said that aloud because it just didn't seem necessary. You remember when I commented on what Legate said about Frodo wanting to stay low on day 1? It was simply a way for me to say Hello, I'd like to become a wolf! Rikae's comment on that looks like it was just a way for her to ensure the wraiths have something to think about - to make sure Lommy is not our only option. Okay she could have said it also if she's an ordo, but it makes sense if she's the ranger.
She doesn't seem to suspect you at all, of me she's a bit suspicious. Her death wouldn't point at us very much - actually she's the first to start suspecting Legate, so it could be interpreted as a Legwolf wanting to look innocent as long as possible. It could also be argued that she died so Mac's chances of getting lynched would be slimmer.
On the other hand, if she isn't the ranger, she could be protected tonight. But I'd be willing to take a risk. Now there's also a chance Mac is protected.

Legate. I rather didn't kill him. He's so off track and is alright with Mac alive.

Rune. He's been rather quiet but generally innocentish. He'd be a good no trace kill if we wanted one.

Mac. No way I'd like to kill him tonight. Even in the very unlikely case he isn't the cobbler, the village will lynch him if we leave him alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
this seems to imply that Ferny only gave them the names of ordos, if not of the wraiths themselves yet. Not that we can deduce anything from that, but it's good to know s/he's useless (at least in that aspect).
I laughed at this comment so much. No, poor Mac, you're not useless! It would've been good, though, if sally had told him his suggestion for night kill was not Frodo (if she did it, I didn't notice). I felt sorry for him when he went defending Greenie the day before yesterday.

Menel. Possible to get lynched at some point I think, especially if we leave Greenie alive too.

Greeny. First we make her lynch Menel. Then we can lynch her. Finds Mac innocent. She doesn't seem too dangerous right now, and we can always argue she's Frodo.

Conclusion: I'd like to kill Rikae. It might contribute to suspicions against both Mira and Legate and lessen those against Mac.

Unfortunately I don't have time to wait till Ferny sends his suggestion. Another reason to assume he's Mac: last night we got his suggestion in 10 minutes from his post to the bad popularity cup.

Did any of you try to make her identity known to him? Can we have a reason to assume he knows who we are? Yesterday I said to him I didn't understand his Rikae suggestion, and I hope he realised it was a hint.

-Agan
Quote:
I'm going to send Rikae's name to Kit and say you might or might not change it later.
There are very small chances that I get online later - I highly doubt it, but it's not impossible.

See you in the day, then. Good luck.

-Agan

Night 7

Quote:
Agan! Sorry to leave you all on your lonesome... I just couldn't help it.

I'll make up for it toMorrow.

For now, I need to read the thread properly.

By the way– I notice Sally seems to have some idea that Legate is Ferny. I don't know why, because we were sent Mac's name on Night 1, and I can't imagine Legate doing that.

Oh, and a belated welcome aboard!
Quote:
Hey I'm here.

No problem, I understand. I was just getting a bit worried because I know the weather down there isn't quite nice at the moment and such. Also, in last game Strongbow & I were shirriffs and he just disappeared in the middle of the game so I'm a bit paranoid.

I very much doubt Legate is Ferny. He said himself that the cobbler, if not Mac, would be stupid to send in Mac's name. Also, just see how poor Mac tries to tell us things. Remember how he commented on sally's cobbler song?

I've tried to hint twice that I'm a wolf - I said his Rikae suggestion was weird, and yesterday I joked about he being still alive because he forgot to send his name to the wolves. Apparently that's the case as we didn't receive a name last night...
Yesterday he also said that although the cobbler may know some of the wolves, it's unlikely that he knows them all, and therefore he might accidentally vote for them. I don't know if any of you ever gave him the impression that you're wolves, but if you haven't done it, I think you should try, too. It'll be dangerous if he attacks you not knowing who you are.

I believe he attacked me yesterday because he thinks I want to lynch him tomorrow & wants to make me look better if that happens. I'd like to keep him alive, though. I said he should be lynched if we can't come up with any strong suspects, but I think I could go after Legate or Lari or Menel really hard tomorrow, being convinced that one of them is a wolf.

I might be more suspected because of my contribution in the Greenie lynch. I was not the only one who suspected her, though, so I don't know.
Quote:
Quote:
I don't know if any of you ever gave him the impression that you're wolves, but if you haven't done it, I think you should try, too. It'll be dangerous if he attacks you not knowing who you are.
I might give it a try, now that the village is running low on the sort of people who would pick up hints like that. It was too risky before, with the likes of Rikae around. I don't think Mac has any idea about me yet.

Quote:
I believe he attacked me yesterday because he thinks I want to lynch him tomorrow & wants to make me look better if that happens. I'd like to keep him alive, though. I said he should be lynched if we can't come up with any strong suspects, but I think I could go after Legate or Lari or Menel really hard tomorrow, being convinced that one of them is a wolf.
Well, I'm going to agree that Mac might be Ferny, but then I'm going to push that idea that we should be trying to get a wraith if we can.

Perhaps we should agree on our targets now? I was thinking of going after Menel myself, though probably less aggressively. By the way: Rikae's "wolfchart" is certainly useful.

Who do you want to kill?
Quote:
Quote:
I might give it a try, now that the village is running low on the sort of people who would pick up hints like that. It was too risky before, with the likes of Rikae around. I don't think Mac has any idea about me yet.
That's one of the reasons I picked Rikae.

Quote:
Well, I'm going to agree that Mac might be Ferny, but then I'm going to push that idea that we should be trying to get a wraith if we can.
Okay.

Quote:
Perhaps we should agree on our targets now? I was thinking of going after Menel myself, though probably less aggressively. By the way: Rikae's "wolfchart" is certainly useful.
I could waver between Lari & Legate. At this point of the game I have an excuse to be aggressive and totally ignore the people I don't find very suspicious, but if I manage to lynch yet another innocent in a row, things will probably look worse for me on the last day. Therefore it might be better if you got Menel lynched.
"I'm okay voting him, especially as Greenie turned out to be innocent against all odds, but I still have more doubts about Legate and Lari... Why am I still alive?? Am I so wrong about everything? Aieee!"

Quote:
Who do you want to kill?
I was thinking about Beregond. I doubt, though, that he's the ranger, and it'd be important to get xem soon.

Hmm I think I could suggest the ranger to reveal tomorrow. Just because we need to get a wolf or Ferny or we're going to lose and it'd narrow the field blah blah etc... Then at least we could kill xem next night.

Berry might help frame both Lari and Menel as he expressed some minor suspicions against them. Also, he was very convinced of Legate's innocence. He didn't know what to think about us two.

I'm alright with someone else, too, though.
Quote:
Quote:
I could waver between Lari & Legate. At this point of the game I have an excuse to be aggressive and totally ignore the people I don't find very suspicious, but if I manage to lynch yet another innocent in a row, things will probably look worse for me on the last day. Therefore it might be better if you got Menel lynched.
"I'm okay voting him, especially as Greenie turned out to be innocent against all odds, but I still have more doubts about Legate and Lari... Why am I still alive?? Am I so wrong about everything? Aieee!"
Oh, I'll be considering Lari, too, so we can compromise if need me... she's said some things that sound so like newbie wolf slips I have to keep reminding myself why she can't be one...

Quote:
I was thinking about Beregond. I doubt, though, that he's the ranger, and it'd be important to get xem soon.
Do you think there's any chance the Ranger is one of the newer players? Because, if not, there's only Legate, Menel and Rune left.

Quote:
Hmm I think I could suggest the ranger to reveal tomorrow. Just because we need to get a wolf or Ferny or we're going to lose and it'd narrow the field blah blah etc... Then at least we could kill xem next night.
Yes... but I doubt the Ranger would take up the offer toMorrow unless he's under threat... and suggesting that he reveal anyway might make it look like you're trying, well, exactly what you are trying. Maybe you could put it as, "if the Ranger feels there's any chance at all he'll be lynched, he should reveal". Hopefully, if we spread the field reasonably wide, he will feel threatened.
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, I'll be considering Lari, too, so we can compromise if need me... she's said some things that sound so like newbie wolf slips I have to keep reminding myself why she can't be one...
That sounds good. I could take Legate for my primary target but suspect Lari as well. Then I wouldn't be looked at too hard when one of them dies.

I've been thinking about the day after tomorrow... If Mac is alive, there'll be 3-3 (unless the ranger gets in the way). So, we need one innocent to waste xyr retraction on another innocent, and then we & Ferny can just jump on the bandwagon. I think the best way to do it would be to have a big argument about who the more likely wolf is, and try to convince others to vote the way we think & ask them to retract if need be.
Therefore you could find Legate innocentish and I could forget about Menel or Lari. Do you think that has a chance of succeeding?

Quote:
Do you think there's any chance the Ranger is one of the newer players? Because, if not, there's only Legate, Menel and Rune left.
Well, could be... Honestly, I have no idea. I have a feeling Rune could be the ranger but it doesn't have anything to back it up.

Quote:
Yes... but I doubt the Ranger would take up the offer toMorrow unless he's under threat... and suggesting that he reveal anyway might make it look like you're trying, well, exactly what you are trying. Maybe you could put it as, "if the Ranger feels there's any chance at all he'll be lynched, he should reveal". Hopefully, if we spread the field reasonably wide, he will feel threatened.
I know, but I've done it earlier when I've been innocent. If the village doesn't lynch a wraith or Ferny tomorrow, they probably lose. So it's up to the ranger if xe wants to help them by revealing...
I could at least throw the idea there even if I don't pursue it further. People's reactions might always reveal something.

Hmm killing Mira is a possibility, too. I doubt she'll get lynched - the village is concentrating on Lari too much right now.

I'll probably have to do some reading and make a list about people to clear my thoughts at some point... How long are you going to be around now?
Quote:
Quote:
I've been thinking about the day after tomorrow... If Mac is alive, there'll be 3-3 (unless the ranger gets in the way). So, we need one innocent to waste xyr retraction on another innocent, and then we & Ferny can just jump on the bandwagon. I think the best way to do it would be to have a big argument about who the more likely wolf is, and try to convince others to vote the way we think & ask them to retract if need be.
Therefore you could find Legate innocentish and I could forget about Menel or Lari. Do you think that has a chance of succeeding?
Not a bad plan at all. I was going to not-suspect Legate anyway.

Quote:
Hmm killing Mira is a possibility, too. I doubt she'll get lynched - the village is concentrating on Lari too much right now.
On the other hand, she has been suspected on-and-off– Rikae lists her as "RED" along with Mac– whereas nobody ever seems to have found Beregond suspicious.

Quote:
I'll probably have to do some reading and make a list about people to clear my thoughts at some point... How long are you going to be around now?
I need to get some sleep now (it's late here). I'll be around again in a few hours.
Quote:
Quote:
I need to get some sleep now (it's late here). I'll be around again in a few hours.
Ok. I could go through the thread during the evening (it's 5pm) and send you a PM, and wake up a bit earlier (like, two hours before the day starts). Do you think you could be online then so we could decide the kill and such?
Quote:
A part of the plans
Lari
Legate
Menel
. Said he understood Lari's Sagittarius comment on day 1. If he doesn't explain it, he could be accused of being Ferny.
Mac

Not a part of the plans

Mirandir. Finds Lari suspicious. Lari doesn't really think she's guilty. Legate believes one wraith is between her & Mira. Berry thinks she's innocent.

Beregond. Thought Lari looked less suspicious yesterday. Earlier in the day he was a bit suspicious of both her & Menel, though. Lari finds him innocent. Seems to be okay with lynching Mac. Doesn't know what to think of us. Rune was a bit worried about him.

Rune. Lari seems to find him somewhat suspicious, at least at the beginning of the day. Berry finds him innocent. Considered voting for Menel. Thought tomorrow will reveal a lot about Legate & me. I'm afraid he might find me suspicious because of the part I played in Greenie's lynching. Also you bothered him. He seemed to be the most suspicious of Lari & Mira, but wavered on Lari.

I think it goes down between Berry and Rune in the end. I have no idea who the ranger could be, apart from some random feelings I don't want to use as a grounds for killing.

Killing Berry would make me feel better because I rather try to manipulate experienced players than newbies. However Rune might be more dangerous than him. Still, I doubt we're going to be lynched. We are just not suspected enough.

Okay I just got Ferny's suggestion. THANKS A LOT. I would have expected him to know by now who I am. Or then he just wants to express his annoyance about my behaviour... Maybe I should be a bit easier on Mac tomorrow.

And if the cobbler is not Mac, I'm going to kill someone.

I'll go to sleep now. See you before the day starts, I hope.
See what a fuss I made about that Sagittarius comment yet I didn't realise what it meant?

Quote:
Quote:
A part of the plans
Lari
Legate
Menel
. Said he understood Lari's Sagittarius comment on day 1. If he doesn't explain it, he could be accused of being Ferny.
Good idea... we need an alternative cobbler-candidate. We could argue over whether he's more likely wraith or cobbler.

Quote:
I think it goes down between Berry and Rune in the end. I have no idea who the ranger could be, apart from some random feelings I don't want to use as a grounds for killing.

Killing Berry would make me feel better because I rather try to manipulate experienced players than newbies.
Beregond is more likely to be protected than Rune, though.

Quote:
Still, I doubt we're going to be lynched. We are just not suspected enough.

Okay I just got Ferny's suggestion. THANKS A LOT. I would have expected him to know by now who I am.
Well, he might be looking for confirmation. He did send in Brinniel's name at one point, though, and I don't think anyone except Rune and Lommy were on to her then.

Quote:
And if the cobbler is not Mac, I'm going to kill someone.
Same here... but I think it has to be.
Quote:
Quote:
Good idea... we need an alternative cobbler-candidate. We could argue over whether he's more likely wraith or cobbler.
Yes. And we should probably find each other quite innocent, and even if we question what the other says, it shouldn't affect our thoughts on each other. That way it's going to be easier tomorrow if all goes well. Of course we could try to win just by laying low and letting the village do the dirty work for us, but it's less fun.

Quote:
Beregond is more likely to be protected than Rune, though.
Yeah that's true. And a ranger protection would be very bad for us at this point as it would give the village two known innocents if the ranger revealed.

Last night I had a dream we tried to kill Rikae and Gollum was the ranger and succesfully protected her.

Quote:
Well, he might be looking for confirmation. He did send in Brinniel's name at one point, though, and I don't think anyone except Rune and Lommy were on to her then.
He could have just believed Brinn is an ordo who'd make a good kill. Anyway, should you try to confirm to him that he was right about me? I got the impression he doesn't know who you are yet.

Hmm there was still something I was supposed to say but I don't remember it anymore.

I'll be here till deadline.
Quote:
Quote:
Anyway, should you try to confirm to him that he was right about me? I got the impression he doesn't know who you are yet.
I might speculate on whether Ferny could know any of the wraith's identities by now– could he have sent in the names of people he suspected as a test?– etc.

Quote:
Hmm there was still something I was supposed to say but I don't remember it anymore.

I'll be here till deadline.
So will I, though I might have to do some chores.
Quote:
Quote:
I might speculate on whether Ferny could know any of the wraith's identities by now– could he have sent in the names of people he suspected as a test?– etc.
Okay. And it's excusable for you as you were away two days. But you should probably also say something that has to do with Mac and me - it could always be a mere coincidence that you got the testing part right.

Argh who is the ranger? And the protected depends on the ranger... I'm just afraid Berry might be such an easy kill that the ranger has noticed it too.
Quote:
Quote:
Argh who is the ranger? And the protected depends on the ranger... I'm just afraid Berry might be such an easy kill that the ranger has noticed it too.
He noticed Lommy, I think, the day before she revealed– at least, that's probably why she wasn't protected the next Night. Unless, of course, he was gambling on the wraiths thinking he would protect her, but that would be a pretty silly move under the circumstances.

So we've got either a sharp Ranger or a rather foolish one. I think we need to assume the former– in which case Beregond may be too much of a risk.

Mind you, the Ranger could be protecting yours truly right now, for all we know.
Quote:
Quote:
He noticed Lommy, I think, the day before she revealed– at least, that's probably why she wasn't protected the next Night. Unless, of course, he was gambling on the wraiths thinking he would protect her, but that would be a pretty silly move under the circumstances.
Legate caught Lommy before she revealed.
Rune's behaviour doesn't indicate he had thought of it. He didn't understand why Legate found Brinn's defence weak.
I doubt Menel would have protected Lommy, given that he believed Brinn first.
Berry wasn't sure about who to believe.
Lari wasn't sure either.
Mira didn't really seem to react to the whole thing.

Should we go for Legate? I can always pick another suspect after being baffled for a while. If we assume the ranger had noticed her, Legate is the only one who makes sense.
Also, first Rikae and then he might point at newbie wolves.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Rune's behaviour doesn't indicate he had thought of it. He didn't understand why Legate found Brinn's defence weak.
Lari wasn't sure either.

Should we go for Legate? I can always pick another suspect after being baffled for a while. If we assume the ranger had noticed her, Legate is the only one who makes sense.
Now that you set it out like that, yes, Legate looks like the best bet. He's also probably the most dangerous of the surviving good guys, so I think it's worth a try anyway.

If it's not him, it might be that it's Menel, and he's just playing dumb.

Shall we decide on Legate? We're running out of time.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Lari wasn't sure either.

Now that you set it out like that, yes, Legate looks like the best bet. He's also probably the most dangerous of the surviving good guys, so I think it's worth a try anyway.

If it's not him, it might be that it's Menel, and he's just playing dumb.

Shall we decide on Legate? We're running out of time.
Let's go for Legate. We can always accuse the newbies. I'll PM the name to Kit.
Quote:
Quote:
Good luck!

~Nerwraith.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good luck!

~Nerwraith.
Good luck to you, too. I'm heading for school shortly after deadline so not sure if I post anything yet.

Let's hope we got it right.

-Mr Aggins, erm, Underhill

Night 8

Quote:
I have to leave for school now, no time to post until after the exam.

We should probably PM Kit to ask about the ranger's ability to protect herself. It seems likely Lari came up with it only to avoid being killed (if she really could protect herself, it'd be more useful not to say it aloud & have us waste our kill), but checking won't harm us.

I came online really tired and they were all of a sudden planning to lynch you so I might have overreacted a bit. Not that it's anything strange from me at this point of the game, though. And it can always be argued, if need be, that I've never had any problem with voting for my fellows...

The voting went pretty close, although now I probably look somewhat bad for lynching an innocent yet again. I hope it didn't incriminate us too much. But I hope Mac should catch you now.

This is looking quite good.
Quote:
Quote:
I have to leave for school now, no time to post until after the exam.

We should probably PM Kit to ask about the ranger's ability to protect herself. It seems likely Lari came up with it only to avoid being killed (if she really could protect herself, it'd be more useful not to say it aloud & have us waste our kill), but checking won't harm us.
I'll PM Kit in a moment. Lari may have been telling the truth, and hadn't thought it through.

If Lari can indeed protect herself, how about Mira? It would frame Beregond nicely.

Quote:
I came online really tired and they were all of a sudden planning to lynch you so I might have overreacted a bit. Not that it's anything strange from me at this point of the game, though. And it can always be argued, if need be, that I've never had any problem with voting for my fellows...

The voting went pretty close, although now I probably look somewhat bad for lynching an innocent yet again. I hope it didn't incriminate us too much. But I hope Mac should catch you now.

This is looking quite good.
Thanks so much for the save! I could have killed Mac! And I was just about to lead up to my "hint hint" bit when the idiot suddenly voted me.

He'd better get it now.

Still, I think it looked quite innocent of you to try and save me, considering how specious their reasons for voting me were.

*sigh* I can really sympathise with Brinn on Day One.
Quote:
Quote:
If Lari can indeed protect herself, how about Mira? It would frame Beregond nicely.
Could be an option. However, she's probably the most suspected right now, and if she died, people would start looking somewhere else. We might get some attention we don't want to. And there also have to be players who are suspicious enough to justify not suggesting voting for Mac in lack of anything else.

I hope we can get Lari, though. I think Kit would have told her at the beginning if she can protect herself, and she claimed she had asked her one night.

Quote:
Thanks so much for the save! I could have killed Mac! And I was just about to lead up to my "hint hint" bit when the idiot suddenly voted me.

He'd better get it now.
Yeah... I was like No no no it can't end like this it's been going so well grrr come back and retract! and it was scary every time I noticed someone who hadn't voted yet had posted.
You could consider it a compliment, though - he seemed to think you looked so innocent. Or then he wanted to make you look a bit suspicious so no one would be surprised when you didn't die in the night. If that's the case, he failed miserably and should feel sorry.

Quote:
Still, I think it looked quite innocent of you to try and save me, considering how specious their reasons for voting me were.
I hope so. But the village is probably getting paranoid and might soon find anything suspicious. I'm afraid someone will come up with something really incriminating after pondering a while and realising there are not so many suspicious people left anymore...

Considering each other innocent without a doubt tomorrow might be a good thing to do as then it's probably more likely that others will do so as well.
I can be properly around only during the later half of the day (but I don't have to wake up early on Friday so technically I could be here till deadline if need be). However, if you, Mac and me all happen to be online at the same time, we could of course just go and vote for someone so xe'd get three votes first. That's a boring option but easier.
And, well, if we can convince someone to retract for an innocent, it's a sure win.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Could be an option. However, she's probably the most suspected right now, and if she died, people would start looking somewhere else. We might get some attention we don't want to. And there also has to be players who are suspicious enough to justify not suggesting voting for Mac in lack of anything else.
True. Note that we can lynch Mac, though, if we need to... as long as we're able to make the kill toNight and toMorrow Night.

...Which brings us back to that pesky Ranger. It would be nice if we could get rid of her now. Just so you know, I PM'd Kit, but she hasn't got back to me yet.

Quote:
Quote:

He'd better get it now.
Yeah... I was like No no no it can't end like this it's been going so well grrr come back and retract! and it was scary every time I noticed someone who hadn't voted yet had posted.
You could consider it a compliment, though - he seemed to think you looked so innocent. Or then he wanted to make you look a bit suspicious so no one would be surprised when you didn't die in the night. If that's the case, he failed miserably and should feel sorry.
If I'd died, I was going to neg-rep him: "Worst. Cobbler. Ever."

Quote:
I can be properly around only during the later half of the day (but I don't have to wake up early on Friday so technically I could be here till deadline if need be). However, if you, Mac and me all happen to be online at the same time, we could of course just go and vote for someone so xe'd get three votes first. That's a boring option but easier.
I'm not sure when I'll be able to get online toMorrow– it may not be for very long (family stuff again). Probably early-ish in the Day, and then again lateish.

The problem is Mac, really, or rather getting him to catch on to who we are without anyone else picking it up. At least we're now running out of experienced players.

As long as we kill someone toNight, we can keep right on suspecting Mac toMorrow: "Ferny doesn't matter anymore– we have to get a wraith toDay, look at the numbers", etc.
Quote:
Quote:
True. Note that we can lynch Mac, though, if we need to... as long as we're able to make the kill toNight and toMorrow Night.
Oh yes that's true. I hadn't thought so far.

Quote:
...Which brings us back to that pesky Ranger. It would be nice if we could get rid of her now. Just so you know, I PM'd Kit, but she hasn't got back to me yet.
Okay thanks. I wonder what we should do if she can protect herself or Kit won't tell us. She hasn't done that any time earlier, though, so I doubt she can, but still... And if we don't kill her, we can't lynch Mac tomorrow.

Hmm looking at her lists, there are some inconsistencies. In #1022 she said she protected Brinn, Mac, no one, Mac, and me. In her next post she claims she protected Fea before protecting Mac for the first time. At the same time she indicates it happened on night 3 when Nog died.
If she's still alive tomorrow, she could be at least suspected for that.

Quote:
The problem is Mac, really, or rather getting him to catch on to who we are without anyone else picking it up. At least we're now running out of experienced players.
I'm hoping he catches on my "The cobbler who's afraid of accidentally voting for a wolf, eh?" when I was speaking about his vote for you. Of course if he sends us a name tonight, you could accidentally mention it tomorrow... I've addressed him about his suggestions (or the lack of them) in my first post every day I've been a wolf and I think it's worked. That would probably be the easiest way to convince him if he doesn't know about you already.

Quote:
As long as we kill someone toNight, we can keep right on suspecting Mac toMorrow: "Ferny doesn't matter anymore– we have to get a wraith toDay, look at the numbers", etc.
Yeah. Let's see how the situation looks tomorrow.

Some thoughts on people.

Lari. Should be killed if possible.

Mira. I suppose she's going after Berry tomorrow. She was apparently suspicious of Lari the day before yesterday but didn't really mention her anymore yesterday (she was barely around then, though). Rune is suspicious of her, and if we try to keep him concentrating on something else than us, Mira might be good to leave alive. While we could frame Berry by killing her, I think she's considered more suspicious than him.

Berry. Finds us innocent. Although his reaction to my complaints about them suspecting you looked innocent, he could be accused of jumping in the bandwagon the cobbler started.

Rune. Considered quite innocent. I wouldn't like to go after him tonight if we can't kill Lari, though, just because the thought of leaving only newbie innocents alive doesn't sound fair. He might be convinced to vote for Mira, though. He's the only one whose reaction to the suspicion against you we haven't seen yet, and I'm a bit worried. He's like Rikae in the sense that I always just wait for him to start suspecting me again.
He doesn't seem like a too big threat for the time being although he expressed some unease about you a few days ago.

Mac. Should be kept alive and rewarded if he does his work well.

I'll go to bed soon, I've only slept some 10 hours during the last two nights and I'm rather tired. I'll be back some 2-1,5 hours before deadline as usual, hope to see you again then.
Quote:
First, the news:

1. Yes, Strider can protect himself for one Night.

2. Ferny suggests me as the kill toNight. Either he is checking us out... or yeah, Worst Cobbler Ever...

Quote:
Hmm looking at her lists, there are some inconsistencies. In #1022 she said she protected Brinn, Mac, no one, Mac, and me. In her next post she claims she protected Fea before protecting Mac for the first time. At the same time she indicates it happened on night 3 when Nog died.
If she's still alive tomorrow, she could be at least suspected for that.
I made sure to point out that her being alive toMorrow wouldn't prove anything. What about if I raise that point toMorrow and you jump in to defend her? Then she'll probably be sure you're innocent and will protect you again.

Who do you feel like killing now? Beregond? Sort of a pity when Mira's all set to make a case on him... but we could suggest that she was rather clumsily laying the groundwork for getting an innocent Berry lynched, and then her packmate overruled her. Or something like that.
Quote:
Quote:
1. Yes, Strider can protect himself for one Night.
Ouch. I suppose she's going to pick tonight, then, as tomorrow it's so important they get a wolf. Argh I'm annoyed the Sagittarius comment set me off but I didn't realise what it meant even after Menel had come and said he did!

Quote:
2. Ferny suggests me as the kill toNight. Either he is checking us out... or yeah, Worst Cobbler Ever...
Could be both. You could start complaining about Mac's wish to get you killed tomorrow or something alike?

Quote:
I made sure to point out that her being alive toMorrow wouldn't prove anything. What about if I raise that point toMorrow and you jump in to defend her? Then she'll probably be sure you're innocent and will protect you again.
Okay let's do so. Mac will probably agree with you. Just be careful you don't overdo it because that would be seen as suspicious.
And, if we just get a chance, let's lynch her tomorrow. She'd deserve it, such a nasty ranger, causing us so much headache!

Quote:
Who do you feel like killing now? Beregond? Sort of a pity when Mira's all set to make a case on him... but we could suggest that she was rather clumsily laying the groundwork for getting an innocent Berry lynched, and then her packmate overruled her. Or something like that.
Well he'd be a good enough choice... Especially if we want to leave also others than newbies alive. At least he isn't suspected.
His death could make Mira look more innocent but so what? The other two deaths have pretty much framed her, which was brought up yesterday, so now we can argue the wolves wanted to make a kill that doesn't point at her guilt at all.
Quote:
Quote:
You could start complaining about Mac's wish to get you killed tomorrow or something alike?
Yes... I wonder what kind of hint would be broad enough without being too broad?

Quote:
And, if we just get a chance, let's lynch her tomorrow. She'd deserve it, such a nasty ranger, causing us so much headache!
There, there... Actually, she's been nice enough to protect the evil side most Nights, so what are you complaining about?

Quote:
Quote:
Well he'd be a good enough choice... Especially if we want to leave also others than newbies alive. At least he isn't suspected.
His death could make Mira look more innocent but so what? The other two deaths have pretty much framed her, which was brought up yesterday, so now we can argue the wolves wanted to make a kill that doesn't point at her guilt at all.
Good thinking. Shall we lock in Berry, then?

By the way– I will have to leave soon after the start of the Day, and won't be back again for quite a while. Also, most annoyingly, I probably won't be around near the DL.
Quote:
Quote:
Yes... I wonder what kind of hint would be broad enough without being too broad?
Something like... "The more I think of it, the less I like Mac's suggestion to kill me. It doesn't make sense that he should want to kill one of the people Legate found innocent. Mighty cobblerish." I doubt anyone else would get it. And I can agree. Then at least he should realise it.

Quote:
There, there... Actually, she's been nice enough to protect the evil side most Nights, so what are you complaining about?
Hmm actually according to her list, she protected our side every night, except when she didn't protect anyone.

Quote:
Good thinking. Shall we lock in Berry, then?
Let's get him. I can PM Kit.

Quote:
By the way– I will have to leave soon after the start of the Day, and won't be back again for quite a while. Also, most annoyingly, I probably won't be around near the DL.
Okay. I have to leave a few minutes before the day starts, don't know when I'll be back. Depends on how long the exam takes me. Then I'll be around for a few hours and have to leave again, but that won't take so long, and after it I can be online as long as I wish.
Quote:
Even if Lari for some reason protected Berry tonight, we can win. It's about the same as if Mac was lynched tomorrow - we just need to kill someone in the night and that's it.

Anyway I hope this is our last day, then. Thanks, it's been awesome to wolf with you.

Good luck!

-Agan
Quote:
Quote:
Anyway I hope this is our last day, then. Thanks, it's been awesome to wolf with you.
Likewise. Whoever would have thought Frodo Baggins would make such a good wraith?

Good luck!

On night 9 there was little more than our decision to kill Lari.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #1166
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, good game everyone! As my first game, I enjoyed it. Thanks for keeping me alive so long! You probably shouldn't have, villagers, since I made some pretty bad choices near the end. Agan, you twice influenced my vote the wrong way before I really suspected you, darnit. You were very good at being innocent. And then I was dead. I was surprised to be killed because I was more or less helping out the wraiths, but I figured they picked me to be safe from Lari's ranger powers (didn't think that I'd been saved the day before for the opposite reason).

Last edited by Beregond; 02-09-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:57 AM   #1167
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
Mirandir and Beregond- Great job as newbies. I don't know if I've ever seen two new players last as long as you both did. Very well done, hopefully I can play a game with you two in the future.
Thank you! I hope so too! Good work, Mira! Glad I wasn't the only newbie this game.

And thank you for giving me a rather nice (comparatively, relatively) death, Kitanna.

And thanks, finally, for modding the game - it was indeed a good game!
Old 02-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #1168
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Congrats to the baddies - even if you were nasty enough to kill me at the second Night of the game!

Although I think that was for good as I've had some quite busy times lately so this game was one more hindrance from RL down...

So I never had time to actually follow the game too extensively during the latter days but it was surely fun as long as it lasted - and it looked interesting from what I read of it after being killed.

Let's see if I can endure to Day3 the next time.

And thanks to Kit for a fun concept!

And I agree that our first-timers were pretty good - even if there were the general and common "benefit of doubt" & good will on you. Well played Mira & Gondie!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #1169
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I just realised, if I'm calculating things correctly, I was dreamt of, protected, and suggested as a kill all on the same Night. Good grief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I'd love to post the ones that I've got but they're on my computer and it's currently very much out of commission, so be patient with me please and I'll be sure to do my best!
Aw, poor thing. I know how it is to have your computer die on you..

Btw, I have to give Sally props for her excellent song parodying. They were very much fun to read. And she even wrote another after her death when we both realised how perfectly Sweeney Todd fit into this game (it's absolutely brilliant from what I've seen so far). Though it sounds like we may have to wait awhile to see it with her computer problems (and Sally, if you no longer have the song I have the unfinished version from our chat history). She even inspired me to write some parodies of my own out of boredom...which I never do. Perhaps I'll post one or so later for the sake of amusement.
Old 02-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #1170
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
And she even wrote another after her death when we both realised how perfectly Sweeney Todd fit into this game (it's absolutely brilliant from what I've seen so far).
I wasn't sure if you were a Sweeney Todd fan or not, but I figured as a pie maker I should try to work that into the narration. I'd like to see the song Sally has made u for it.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:00 PM   #1171
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Eye

This is me, being late at this.

Congratulations to the baddies!

Well played to everyone!

Wow, that sounds like I should add more. I can't, however, think of anything more.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:36 AM   #1172
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna
I wasn't sure if you were a Sweeney Todd fan or not, but I figured as a pie maker I should try to work that into the narration. I'd like to see the song Sally has made u for it.
Oh yes, I love Sweeney...I only hope someday I'll get to see the full musical. It's funny because when I came up with the occupation of piemaker, I had Pushing Daisies in my head, as I'm still quite disappointed that the show's been cancelled. But once I became a wraith, a piemaker from the Pie Hole no longer seemed fitting....so I guess I became Mrs. Lovett instead. It works.

I think Sally's almost done with the song, so hopefully we shall see it soon. Meanwhile, I'll entertain you with some of my own parodies. A tribute to my wraiths, so to speak.

Nerwen's Epiphany (following the death of Sally and me)

Nerwen:
They found them!
We feared of this but took the chance
I knew she’d dream them!
They hid so well and now they’ll never kill again.

Aganzir:
Easy now, there’s still hope
We’ll win this game and -

Nerwen:
When?

Aganzir:
Make them mope

Nerwen:
Why did I wait?
They told me to wait -
At least she'll never dream again.
There's something wrong with this game, everyone’s the same
It is filled with players who won’t take the blame
Instead they lynch their own and they have no shame
And they’ll lose this game...

They all deserve to die.
Tell you why, Aganzir, tell you why.
Because in all of the werewolf game
Aganzir, there are two kinds of players, only two
There's the one who likes to manipulate
And the other one who tends to suspect too late
Look at me, Aganzir, look at you.

Now we all deserve to die
Even you Aganzir...even I
And so the lives of the gifted should be made brief
For all the ordos death will be a relief
They all deserve to die.

And I'll never see Brinniel
No she'll never get to plot with us - finished!
(shouted) Alright! You sir, don’t be afraid!
Come and visit your good friend Nerwen.
You sir, too sir? Welcome to the grave.

I will have vengenance.
I will have salvation.
(shouted) Who sir, you sir?
No one’s on the gallows, come on! Come on!
Nerwen's waiting. I want you bleeding.
You sir - anybody.
Innocents now don't be shy!

And no ordos, no, no gifteds.
Nor the seer can assuage me -
I will have them!
And I will win this game no matter what it takes
I shall tear down this village, make no mistake
And my Sally lies in ashes
And I'll never see her post again.

Village, watch out!
I am hungry now!
And I'm full of hate!

Last edited by Brinniel; 02-12-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #1173
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Oh, and I'm also a big fan of Wicked, so...

Aganzir's Song

Something has changed within me.
Something is not the same.
I'm through with playing by the rules of the village’s game.
Too late, I can’t change back now.
ToNight I’ll no longer sleep!
It's time to trust my fellow wolves
Try out my paws, and creep!
It's time to try defying innocence.
I think I'll try defying innocence, and you won’t catch me now!

I've turned and won’t reveal now,
'Cuz Nogrod says I should!
The other wolves I will avenge,
I’ll win this game and take my bow!
Too long I've been afraid of
getting killed, but this time I’m cursed!
Now, I’m the wolf, I’ll kill no matter what the cost!
I'd sooner buy defying innocence
Bite me, I’m cursed!
I'm defying innocence, and you won’t find me now!

So if you care to find me
Just wait until the Night!
As Sally told me lately:
"Ev'ry village deserves the chance to die!"
And if I am suspected,
At least I’ve not been dreamed.
To those who'd lynch me,
You better watch out for me:
I’ll lynch you ‘cuz I’m
Defying innocence!
I am a cursed,
Defying innocence!
And I’ll kill everyone in town.
And nobody in, all of Bree.
No Seer that will ever see.
Is ever gonna bring me down!

---------

Now we just have to wait for Sally...
Old 02-11-2009, 01:59 AM   #1174
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sally owes me a "No Good Deed" parody.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:05 AM   #1175
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Sally owes me a "No Good Deed" parody.

Aw, come on, man. Let a girl sleep.

I have it done, I just need to make sure that it doesn't say "Mr. Todd" any longer in any spots. Probably up sometime today, but I'm sick so it'll probably be later tonight. Sorry.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #1176
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Brinn those are awesome! Unfortunately I've never seen Wicked, though. But I'll look up the original song on youtube when I have a bit more time.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:14 PM   #1177
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Unfortunately I've never seen Wicked, though. But I'll look up the original song on youtube when I have a bit more time.
It's not actually the full song; I didn't bother to add in Glinda's part. But you can watch the original version here. Apparently, a film version of the musical has been announced...let's see how that works out.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #1178
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The song that that's based on is actually my theme song...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:43 AM   #1179
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And now I bother you with another rubbish song parody....

BRINN:
Seems a downright shame...
SALLY:
Shame?
BRINN:
Seems an awful waste....
Such a nice, plump frame
Wot's 'is name has.... Had....Has!
Nor it can't be traced....
Wraithies need our fill,
Ordos need erased....
Takes a bit of skill,
But a thrill,
When we get our kill!
Seems an awful waste....
I mean, with the price of meat
What it is, when you get it, if you get it....
SALLY:
Ha!
BRINN:
Good, you got it!
Take, for instance, Little Agan and that Nerwen!
Killing villagers that only have a couple posts!
Like that Shasta, good for maybe six or seven at the most!
Then again I can't account for taste!

SALLY:
Brinnie darling, what a charming notion
BRINN:
Well, it does seem a waste...
SALLY:
Eminently practical
And yet appropriate as always!
BRINN:
It's an idea...
SALLY:
Dearest Brinniel, how I've lived
Without you all these years, I'll never know!
How delectable!
Also undetectable!
BRINN:
Think about it!
Lots of other players'll
Soon be joinin' in the game,
Won't they?
Think of
All them
Pies!
SALLY:
How choice!
How rare!
SALLY:
For what's the sound of the world out there?
BRINN:
What, Sally dear?
What, Sally dear?
What is that sound?
SALLY:
Those crunching noises pervading the air!
BRINN:
Yes, Sally dear!
Yes, Sally dear!
Yes, all around!
SALLY:
It's ordo devouring ordo, my dear!
BOTH:
And who are we to deny it in here?

SALLY: (spoken)
These are desperate times,
my dear packmate, and desperate measures are called for!
BRINN:
Here we are, now! Hot out of the oven!
SALLY:
What is that?
BRINN:
It's Green. Have a little Green.
SALLY:
Is it really good?
BRINN:
She's so good it's obscene
Then again she never rings anyone's bells,
So she's hard to sell
SALLY:
Smells a bit like Finn
BRINN:
Well, that's where it's been
SALLY:
Haven't you got Lommie, or something like that?
BRINN:
No, y'see, the trouble with Lommie is
How do you know whom she's dreamed?
Try the Green!

BRINN:
Lari's rather nice.
SALLY:
If it's for a price.
BRINN:
Get another portion to savor,
Since no one can save herself twice!
SALLY:
Any other Finn?
BRINN:
Well, then, if you're Finnish and silly,
You might enjoy Fillet Noggins!
Games are fun with him.
But he's always suspect before he begins!
SALLY:
Is that Legate,
In a baguette?
BRINN:
Mercy no, ma'am, too fleeting.
It's Fea you're seeing!
SALLY:
Looks clearer,
More like Mira!
BRINN:
No,sir it has to be Fea
It's steamed!
SALLY:
The history of the world, my love
BRINN:
Kill off all the pros
Do a couple newbies a favor!
SALLY:
Is those below serving those up above!
BRINN:
Ev'rybody plays,
So there should be plenty of flavors!
SALLY:
I'm sure the Downers'll be glad to hear
BOTH:
That even Menel goes down well with beer!

SALLY:
What is that?
BRINN:
It's Rune
Eat it with a spoon
And we have some Mac and cheese peppered
With actual Mac bits! (What a loon!)
And I've just begun
Here's a little Rikae, so tricky
It comes a bit sticky
Have one!
SALLY:
Let her have her fun.
She'll be lynched before she and Sally are done!
BRINN:
In a hurry?
Try the Durie!
SALLY:
Yes I hear it is very
good when served with Berrie!
BRINN:
Or Gollum,
Much less solemn!
SALLY:
Yes, but only tastes good on the run!
I'll come again when you have Kit on the menu!

SALLY:
Have enmity towards the village, my pet!
BRINN:
Yes, yes, I know, my love!
SALLY:
We'll take the ordo kills that we can get!
BRINN:
Hobbit and man, my love!
SALLY:
We'll not discriminate great from small!
No, we'll slay anyone,
Meaning anyone,
BOTH:
And to anyone
At all!

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-13-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:57 AM   #1180
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I think I love you Sally for doing that. Cause that is one of my favorite songs from Sweeney. And it will be in my head for the rest of the day.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:17 AM   #1181
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
I think I love you Sally for doing that. Cause that is one of my favorite songs from Sweeney. And it will be in my head for the rest of the day.
Ditto. I found myself singing along to it.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:00 PM   #1182
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Thumbs up

Duck here.

*everyone ducks*

No, not that kind of duck. This one. *quack*

This is the first game I've fully stalked in a while, so I had to wish everyone a great job and thank my Lady Host (sally) for letting me help her spam while she was unable to.

Now, if anyone would like to make a stab at however many different references she/I crammed into our bout of collective madness on That Fateful Day, I shall offer a bit of Tolkien fanfic to the person with the highest number of correct guesses. (At least 300 words, on a topic of his/her request, as long as it fits Downs standards)

That is all. Back to your regularly scheduled Downsing.

ETA: Takers (and I hope there are some!) at the Obscure Reference Game should probably PM their guesses. And search engines are cheating!

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-13-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #1183
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Heh my ultimate plan.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #1184
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Definitely had to watch that movie today (FINALLY) since it's been stuck in my head for so long AND NOBODY ON MY CAMPUS SEEMED TO HAVE A COPY AVAILABLE. *deep breath*