The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #761
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Roles

Evil:
Wolf = A Little Green - A usual wolf
Seer-seer = Brinniel - Specially modified role. A wolf with special powers. Can select a different person each Night to see if they are the seer.
Hunter-hunter = Nilpaurion Felagund - Another specially modified role. Each night, the hunter-hunter hunts one person. If that person is a hunter and the hunter-hunter dies, the hunter is killed and their power negated

Saboteur = Inzil - A new role. Is a wolf, but is on the side of the village. His aim is to get the wolves killed.

Good:

Seer = Kitanna
Hunter = Wilwa
Ranger = McCaber

I will post all the other stuff tomorrow. For now, I bid you all a good night (as opposed to Night)
Old 09-11-2009, 06:22 PM   #762
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Saboteur = Inzil - A new role. Is a wolf, but is on the side of the village. His aim is to get the wolves killed.
Did he know who the other wolves were? Also that explains his vote for Brinn.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #763
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ah, victory is sweet. For awhile I wasn't sure we'd be able to pull it off since it seemed so much was going against us. But all of us managed to stay alive and unnoticed for most of the game. Not to mention, you villagers were a big help too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon
Did he know who the other wolves were?
Yep. We all PMed in the usual way. But we didn't know who the traitor was, even after Inzil's death, which made us wary of each other. After all, if the traitor was still alive at the end, they could screw it all up. Though on the last Night I kind of guessed Inzil was the traitor; I didn't think Nilp would have a special role and be the traitor, and Greenie had been helpful the entire time when she could've easily messed things up, but I still wasn't sure.

Things could've gone quite sour for us, for example if Kit revealed. Just so you all know, I checked to see if she was the seer on Night 1 and what a surprise! I decided to wait to tell the wolves on the next Night with the presence of the traitor, but in the end it didn't even matter because you villagers decided to kill her for us while I was gone. Should I mention that no loyal wolves were involved in that bandwagon?

And I know so many of you thought us foolish for not using the double kill, but we wanted to have fun with Legate (sorry about that, though not really) and on the second Night we decided it wouldn't be a good idea to let Noggie become a known innocent. Because if the village wanted to, they could keep him alive until the end and he's way too helpful for that. And anyway I reminded my mates that slow and steady wins the race (it's true).

The traitor was always a worry since they could cause trouble anytime. I was worried that if it was narrowed down to one wolf, they would a) be the traitor or b) end up being guarded, which meant we'd be done for. So it was really important for us to keep the max number of players alive.

There were times I got frustrated as I felt there were so many rules that would potentially hurt us, but in the end it all worked out. Strange that in games where I'm most frustrated as a wolf, I end up winning...
Old 09-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #764
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
So, I'd just like to point out that if we had followed The Plan we would have been a lot better off than we actually were.

Even though I understand Kit's reaction to it.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #765
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
So true Mnemo... so true.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #766
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ah, village. I'm afraid I failed miserably in my aim to save you.
My initial plan involved the Seer, but due in part to my own actions we lost her on Day 1.
After that, I'd determined that the double-kill option needed to be eliminated as quickly as possible if the innocents were to have a chance. On Night 2 we'd foregone the double, not wanting Legate hanging around as a known innocent. Therefore, I wanted Nog to be guarded Night 3 for the same reason. I knew I couldn't keep that up indefinitely, though. I waited to see if any suspicion would go out toward my packmates, giving me a chance for action.
Ironically, it fell to me to send in the Night 2 and 3 kills. Is that why you lot dropped the ball and didn't do one after I was lynched?
Anyway, as it seemed I would carry the most suspicion of my packmates, I decided to try to get you all to lynch me, and attempt to leave a few clues. The problem I had though, was that none of you had any idea there was a traitor-wolf, and I didn't know how you would take any of my clues. I tried anyway. I hinted at my own lupinity here, with the 'music' remark. I tried to tell you that Nilp was a wolf (the first paragraph). And I pretty much gave you our honest reasoning behind sticking with the single-kill. I was hoping those who had played with me the most might sense something out of the ordinary with me.
Day 3, I knew I wouldn't be around near DL. I tried to start a lynch-wagon on Brinn, building on things others had said, and hoping for the best. It turned out quite as bad as Boro's last game, where I said I wouldn't be around for DL, and came home to find myself swinging.
It was great fun anyway.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #767
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Good thing we got you lynched early, then. I had a similar option opened for Greenie (cos Brinn and I still weren't sure of her, and we knew this DAY would be harrowing), but I'm glad she turned out to be loyal and she sealed the win for us.

I'll ask Nogrod for her hand later, soon as they wake up.

What were your restrictions, btw? Weren't you allowed to tell the village outright what you were, or all our names, or something?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:16 PM   #768
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund View Post
What were your restrictions, btw? Weren't you allowed to tell the village outright what you were, or all our names, or something?
I wasn't allowed to tell you three or the village that I was the Saboteur. And I couldn't muck about with the kill choices either, but I think you already knew that.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:19 PM   #769
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Anyway, as it seemed I would carry the most suspicion of my packmates, I decided to try to get you all to lynch me, and attempt to leave a few clues. The problem I had though, was that none of you had any idea there was a traitor-wolf, and I didn't know how you would take any of my clues. I tried anyway. I hinted at my own lupinity here, with the 'music' remark. I tried to tell you that Nilp was a wolf (the first paragraph). And I pretty much gave you our honest reasoning behind sticking with the single-kill. I was hoping those who had played with me the most might sense something out of the ordinary with me.
Day 3, I knew I wouldn't be around near DL. I tried to start a lynch-wagon on Brinn, building on things others had said, and hoping for the best. It turned out quite as bad as Boro's last game, where I said I wouldn't be around for DL, and came home to find myself swinging.
It was great fun anyway.
Well, we got that you were a wolf (obviously). I think you could have been a bit more explicit with the clues to your fellows– though I suppose it was hard to know how, without risking making them looking more innocent.

As for the plan– yes, I noted that you very helpfully explained the reasons for the missed kills. The thing is, though, wolves actually do stuff like that sometimes– that is, the reason for the kill or whatever seems so self-evident to them that they'll quite happily mention it (remember "looking Frodo-ish", Brinn?).
Old 09-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #770
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Well, we got that you were a wolf (obviously). I think you could have been a bit more explicit with the clues to your fellows– though I suppose it was hard to know how, without risking making them looking more innocent.
Indeed. My worry with giving overt clues was that the pack would quickly figure me out, and would somehow engineer my demise themselves, giving them a very good standing with the rest of you. A rock and a hard place, as I saw it. I thought if I just deprived them of the double-kills, you all would have a chance.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:41 PM   #771
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Indeed. My worry with giving overt clues was that the pack would quickly figure me out, and would somehow engineer my demise themselves, giving them a very good standing with the rest of you. A rock and a hard place, as I saw it. I thought if I just deprived them of the double-kills, you all would have a chance.
How did you manage to talk your packmates into that one?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:47 PM   #772
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Oh, and a question for the other wolves-

After Zil's demise, was there any Nightly discussion along the lines of, "What got into him? It's like he was TRYING to give himself away!"

I still remember our pack's all-unsuspecting reaction to the death of Kamikaze Lomwolf in Sally's game.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:31 AM   #773
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
How did you manage to talk your packmates into that one?
Actually, I believe it was Nilp who brought up the one-kill idea and I was strongly for it too. So our traitor didn't even need to talk us into it. It was my belief that we stood a better chance without known innocents, and though it would take more Days, if we played it right, it would allow for a more cunning victory. It worked for me before (well, sort of). And it worked again.

Quote:
After Zil's demise, was there any Nightly discussion along the lines of, "What got into him? It's like he was TRYING to give himself away!"
Not really. He's a newer player still and I haven't seen him as a wolf before, so I didn't know how he'd play as one. Many wolves have been suspicious from early on before, though I did suspect after his death that he was the traitor since none of us remaining were attracting suspicion and were actually making a good team effort. Actually one thing that made me suspect Greenie was on our side was that on Night 4 we were considering killing Shasta, but then it was Greenie who realised he'd be modfired if he didn't show the next Day. And I would imagine she would've kept that information to herself were she the traitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
I tried to start a lynch-wagon on Brinn, building on things others had said, and hoping for the best.
It's funny because I actually told my packmates I was happy you voted me. It might've been because you were a traitor trying to start a bandwagon against me or a loyal wolf placing me in a better light since your fate looked pretty bleak at that point. But I knew with your death it was quite possible I'd look more innocent to others thanks to your vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun
Is that why you lot dropped the ball and didn't do one after I was lynched?
Interesting story. Nilp was gone for the rest of the Night, so it was up to me and Greenie. It was a little after two hours before deadline when we agreed with a kill and that I'd submit it. And I did not too long afterward. Since I sent a PM with a question around the time we were deciding the kill (actually even a bit before) and Eonwe replied with no inquiry about our kill, I figured our submitted kill would go through just fine. So imagine my surprise when I found out no one died and it wasn't a save. Apparently we were supposed to have our kill sent two hours before deadline and not a minute later...and all along I had thought we were good as long as it was at least an hour ahead. Yeah, bad me, I've been so distracted with moving and I know that wasn't the only rule I missed. Our kill would've been McCaber, btw.

Quote:
(remember "looking Frodo-ish", Brinn?).
Which game was that?
Old 09-12-2009, 01:55 AM   #774
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Which game was that?
"Panic at the Prancing Pony", where we were Ringwraiths and "Frodo" was the Cursed.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:39 AM   #775
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Oh you nassty wolvses!!! *hats off*

I felt really bad about Greenie, especially during the first Days but I just kept on telling myself that I always suspect her and so maybe it's just that and I should leave her be until later. Then reading the last Day's action I screamed at my computer: "wolf, wolf!" but understandably no one heard it any more.

It was the classic thing: being too happy or at ease, half-leaning backwards and just letting others do the job.

And Nilp, as stupid as this sounds, I must say I was very uneasy with you as well; not actually over what you said which was basically very reasonable and thoughtful - but because how much involved you were. So I just kept telling myself that I can't start suspecting you "just because" you're more involved.

And looking at the Day before I was quite sure that either Nienna or Brinn (or Sally) were a wolf - or even both, with Pitchwife or McCaber one of whom they/she saved.

So it would have been a series of tough choices, too many of them, and I'm afraid I'd managed to make the wrong one in the end anyway so it was good I was away for the last Day.

Oh my, Inzil, you had the hardest possible role! Between a rock and a hard place indeed.

Sorry Pitchie, I was totally wrong with you. And I feel bad letting you down Wilwa - I thought you innocentish through the game and never had time or energy to actually go through your posts to make a more considered judgement on you - and just wawered in the end.

Haha, there were three innocents facing the gallows that Night so we'd been one down anyway...

Thank's to Eönwë for a fun a fun game - and to all players!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 06:40 AM   #776
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Actually, I believe it was Nilp who brought up the one-kill idea and I was strongly for it too. So our traitor didn't even need to talk us into it. It was my belief that we stood a better chance without known innocents, and though it would take more Days, if we played it right, it would allow for a more cunning victory. It worked for me before (well, sort of). And it worked again.
I remember being concerned on Night 3 because there seemed to be some grumbling among us about Nog being guarded, and that we needed to make a double-kill or two the next couple of nights with someone not as dangerous being considered innocent. Single-kills were a slower, but safer strategy. When I basically explained that during the Day, someone picked up on that as suspicious from me. I succeeded wildly in the first part of the Mod instructions I received: getting myself lynched. The other part? Utter failure.

Quote:
It's funny because I actually told my packmates I was happy you voted me. It might've been because you were a traitor trying to start a bandwagon against me or a loyal wolf placing me in a better light since your fate looked pretty bleak at that point.
Like I said, I had to vote early, because I was going to be away and miss DL. I certainly didn't want to get another innocent lynched, so I tried to get the ball rolling with you; something I could possibly explain to the remaining packmates as a merely a bad call on my part. I knew several suspected me at that point, but Kit's vote for you seemed to be leading toward speculation she'd known of your wolvishness, and I hoped to capitalise on that. Obviously, I was considered a much worthier candidate for the noose.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:40 AM   #777
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'd like to apologize to Wilwa yet again for that terrible last minute bandwagon.

I'd been getting innocent vibes from Wilwa and Sally all game and wolf vibes from Nilp and Brinn. Sadly I did not trust my instincts... eh. I can't win 'em all.

As a village we kind of helped the wolves along a bit... the two lynch choices on Day One were both gifteds, we lynched a framed innocent, then we lynch the ONE wolf that can help us. Hahaha oops.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:48 AM   #778
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Eye

uh...good job wolves!

So the Night before I died, when Hakon was being lynched, I was going back and forth between Brinn and McCaber, and I went for McCaber, and now I'm really mad, haha. I should have stuck with her.

So, no one probably caught this, but for the first four Days in my 3rd, 5th and 8th (numbers in my name) posts all the paragraphs started with the letter H. I also popped in some sword and arrow icons, which I usually don't use, but I didn't put them on any specific posts until my last Day, which Nilp caught, showing I hunted McCaber.

Anyway, don't feel bad Nienna, the Hunter is only useful when they die, I just didn't do my job well, haha. Sorry Legate for going after you so hard! And McCaber too!

Thanks again Eonwe for a great game, I had a lot of fun! Not going to get to play again for a long while, so I'm glad I lasted fairly long in this one.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:58 AM   #779
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wilwa: Who were you hunting when you died?
Old 09-12-2009, 08:31 AM   #780
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.

Congratulations to the wolves - you were awesome! Greenie, you fooled me royally on the last Day, I truly thought you were innocent. Nilp and Brinn, your split attack before the last DL was brilliant - Nilp going after Nienna, while Brinn swayed McCaber and me into that stupid Sally lynch, and Greenie doing a last minute retraction from one innocent to another. Kudos to sally, Nienna and Boro for voting the true wolf - we should have listened...
I started having doubts about Nilp after McCaber revealed, as I still thought there was a wolf somewhere among the Zil voters, but I hadn't ever looked at him closely enough, nor at Brinn. I had that nagging feeling something was escaping me, but after I'd spent so much time defending myself, there was too little time left to dig into it.
Speaking of Zil - it comes as a small comfort to learn there really was a good heart under your furry skin, and you had in fact a secret role, as I'd surmised! So I wasn't that utterly mistaken as it looked after your lynching, although I tried to keep you from fulfilling your Mod-decreed destiny, and for all the wrong reasons...
And the wolves considered killing Shasta on Night 4?
Nog, Boro - no worry about your suspicion of me, I know I asked for it. This was my first game as an ordo, and I guess not having a crucial role this time made me act just a bit too reckless. For a while on the last Day, I gave in to frustration, but I got over it. It was also the first time I survived till the end, much to my own surprise, and it seems I hadn't seen nothing yet...
(By the way, Boro, it's a relief that we were in the same boat after all. My shaky suspicion of you faded long before the end, but I'd have kicked myself if it had turned out I'd been right.)
Sincere apologies to Kit, Legate and sally - none of you deserved what we did to you! Lommy, we should have listened to you more. And kudos to Mnemo, Nerwen, wilwa and, once again, Nienna - you all were excellent.
McCaber, good choice to reveal when you did - it simplified matters somewhat for me, although we were both fooled by the wolves in the end.
Hakon - that's twice in a row I was convinced of your innocence when you were under heavy suspicion, and was right. If I ever play against you when you're a wolf, I wonder what evidence you'd have to shove into my face for me to suspect you...

Thanks to Eönwe for modding - I liked the grim atmosphere of your narrations. The Night Guard was a great idea, complicating things in a very interesting way, together with the secret roles. (But please, satisfy my curiosity - what was it about Nog's sword an armour? Surprising possessions for a retired bourgeois - unless his name is Bilbo Baggins, of course.)
Old 09-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #781
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
PMs

If you're interested, here are the PMs I sent out.

I sent this one to all the wolves:

Quote:
Werewolf

You were one of the four unfortunate victims of the Great Wolf. By being bitten by him, every Night phase you take on his foul shape and wreak havoc on the villagers. Each Night phase you may Private Message to discuss who you would like to kill each Night.

When all four of you are actively playing (All alive with no-one being Night Guarded), you may kill two players of your choice each Night. One person must PM me with the Night kill(s) two hours before the deadline. If your choice has not been received by then it will not be counted.

Two of your number have also gained special abilities attributed to the Great Wolf from the bite. One of you can check a villager each Night to see whether they possess the power of Sight. It will only be revealed to them whether it is the Seer or not. Another among you may each Night pick one who they believe to be hunting them. If the suspected hunter really is a Hunter, at the werewolf's death, the hunter will also be killed and his/her powers negated.

But beware! One among your number is a traitor. They resent being bitten and are actually on the side of the village. They will try to bring you down from the inside, so be wary. But do not kill this one needlessly, for though their allegiance lies elsewhere, they also count as one of you, and at their death you will be reduced to killing one villager per Night just as if any other of you had died.
To the seer-seer's PM, I added:
Quote:
Your Unique Role

You are the Seer-Seer. Each Night you must PM me with the name of someone you believe to be the Seer. You will only find out whether that person is a Seer or not.
To the hunter-hunter's PM, I added:
Quote:
Your Unique Role

You are the Hunter-Hunter. Each Night you may PM me with the name of the person you believe to be the Hunter (If you do not, it will still stay with your previous hunt). If/when you die, if the person you chose was the Hunter then they will die as well and their power will be negated. If you are wrong about the identity of the hunter then only you will die.
And the Saboteur:
Quote:
Your Unique Role

You are the Saboteur. You are a wolf, but you are on the side of the village. Your aim is to get all the wolves (including yourself) lynched. You may not reveal your identity to either side. When you die, you will appear just as a normal wolf.

Remember that you want to harm your fellow wolves without letting them suspect you.
The seer:
Quote:
Seer

You have always had the ability to perceive others as they are, and now this will become a useful asset to the village.

Each Night you must send me a PM with the person that you would like to direct your dreams towards. You will find out if your dream-target is an Innocent, Werewolf, Ranger or Hunter.
The hunter:
Quote:
Hunter

You are the hunter. Master Werewolf Hunter Formendacil secretly trained you in Werewolf hunting, but your training was interrupted by his untimely death, so you are inexperienced.

Each Night you must PM me with a target. If/when you get lynched or killed by the wolves, if your target is a wolf then they are killed. If not, only you will die.
And the ranger:
Quote:
Ranger

You are the Rogue Night Guard or Ranger. You were secretly trained by Master Ranger Formendacil to guard people against the evil of Werewolves, but your training was interrupted by his untimely death. You are not in any way affiliated with the other Night Guards.

Each Night you must PM me with the name of one you wish to save. If that person is attacked by the Werewolves then you will be able to save them without your identity being revealed to the them (or the werewolves), or anyone's identity being revealed to you.
I may have changed them slightly at the time to make them more detailed, but this is what I have saved on my computer, and is mainly what they say anyway.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #782
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
(But please, satisfy my curiosity - what was it about Nog's sword an armour? Surprising possessions for a retired bourgeois - unless his name is Bilbo Baggins, of course.)
I have to tell you that there was nothing special about Nogrod. It was just because it was possibly the last night phase of the game and I didn't think it would be too much of a stretch for the richest man in the village to have such items. And also, it made it more interesting, don't you think?

I didn't want to complicate the game with too many special roles, because there was already the whole concept of the Night Guard and I wanted to focus on that.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:01 AM   #783
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Picks and voting

Well, during the game, I put them on a nifty Excel document. Instead of taking hours transcribing, I'll just attach it.

If anyone can't see it, tell me and I'll think of some way to sort it out (maybe take a screenshot of each page?). Anyway, here it is.

edit: It doesn't let me upload excel documents, so I had to zip it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WW- Night Guard.zip (12.2 KB, 687 views)

Last edited by Eönwë; 09-12-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:31 AM   #784
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Whoa. I so loved playing a wolf in this game. The traitor thing was a bit problematic for me, because I worked out early on that Zil was the traitor since Nilp and Brinn both claimed to have special wolf roles (and I thought it unlikely they'd bluff that) and I knew I was an ordinary wolf. I couldn't, however, prove to my packmates that I was trustworthy.

But really, that last Day was so mad! I was scared out of my wits when I realised people actually suspect me, luckily it was Friday so I could stay up until DL (1 am my time). Like I wrote in a wolf-gloating PM, I don't think my hands have ever shaken as much while playing werewolf as they did when I was typing my retraction as fast as I could...

Hats off to my fellows, you did an awesome job! And, also, a deep bow to Inziladun who did a great job in a very challenging role. Congrats also for a valiant fight dear villagers. Nienna, I'm so sorry for the last Day, I hated picking a fight with you but it seemed like the only way. Thanks Eonwe for modding, it was a very entertaining game!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 03:10 PM   #785
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Eye

Eonwe, that excel thing isn't working for me, or I'm just not understanding how it's supposed to work, haha.

I was hunting McCaber when I died. I hunted Mnemo Night 1, Lommy Night 2, and uhm.....I can't remember the others, haha, I think I hunted Boro at some point. I'm pretty sure I never hunted a wolf, , hunt fail on my part.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:21 PM   #786
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh, you wolves...

When Greenie (who had been under my radar) revealed me her role after my death and made me guess her fellows, I said "Inziladun", made a small pause and continued "Brinniel", but then I had no idea, and named several (innocent) people before saying "if it's Nilp, I'm going to kill him" and she said "it is Nilp" and grinned. So foul of you, Mr Felagund!

But all four of you played marvellously. Too bad.

PS. Thanks, of course, to Eönwë for great modding. And it was great to play with you all. (Especial thanks to Boro for not cheating my infallible bororadar and to Legate for making a lot of sense. )

PPS. I still don't support The Plan!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 07:42 AM   #787
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Days and Nights

Ok. I have decided to insert the Days and Nights here as images, in case anyone can't see them:

Old 09-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #788
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Old 09-13-2009, 07:43 AM   #789
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Old 09-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #790
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

And that's the way it was.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:50 AM   #791
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Quote:
Yes, it is my belief that the single most dangerous thing the Werewolves can give the villagers is solid information they can use. Which is why the Seer is and will always be the most dangerous enemy for Werewolves. If we gave you known innocents and were forced to be killing them off at NIGHT (and having a merry dance trying to read the Ranger's steps), you would have had more time to catch us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Oh you nassty wolvses!!! *hats off*

[ . . . ]

And Nilp, as stupid as this sounds, I must say I was very uneasy with you as well; not actually over what you said which was basically very reasonable and thoughtful - but because how much involved you were. So I just kept telling myself that I can't start suspecting you "just because" you're more involved.
Actually I wanted to point out that I was not as involved in this game as I was in my previous stints (phantom and Lommy's games) because a) the timezone was way wrong for me (6am deadlines, as I've said) and b) 'my' werewolfing computer, which is the one my brother owns, was unavailable to me cos he's jobless at this time so he's using his laptop instead of being at work or sleeping early. The only time I exerted extra effort was during the last DAY.

If you want to see me really involved . . . well, not soon. I'll have to let this die down, hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Oh, you wolves...

When Greenie (who had been under my radar) revealed me her role after my death and made me guess her fellows, I said "Inziladun", made a small pause and continued "Brinniel", but then I had no idea, and named several (innocent) people before saying "if it's Nilp, I'm going to kill him" and she said "it is Nilp" and grinned. So foul of you, Mr Felagund!

But all four of you played marvellously. Too bad.
Haha, Greenie did tell me that, but unfortunately I was unable to reply. (That was the same NIGHT we missed a kill due to miscommunication, methinks.) I had planned to tell her to say to you, 'Kiitos for liking me, and anteeksi. ' And then something about pointing out that Legate's in the same game.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:33 AM   #792
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Eventhough it was a slaughter (congradulations wolves) what an exciting finish. Nice game Eonwe, and interesting saboteur role. I'm sad for about a week I had lots of stuff going on and couldn't play as much as I would have liked. I think Nienna picked up my slack well though.

That last day I was nearly 100% sure about Nienna, which got me wondering about Nilp, because if he was so 'confident' about me, why was he pushing so hard to getting Nienna lynched? Then when he flat out called her a wolf, I was sure he was one of the wolves, but felt it was too late to get a lynch against.

And with the way Greenie was responding at the end, I thought it was a good bet she was another wolf, plus it would have been much easier to go for her that day.

However, tricksy Brinn had to mess things up, I never suspected she was a wolf, but still should have never entertained going for sally at the end, that probably messed with McCaber and Pitch's head.

Pitch, it was true after your response to me the last day, my suspicion was assuaged a bit, I still thought it likely you were the 3rd wolf, but you did enough to at least go for Greenie and not you.

Inzil, were you intentionally trying to look like a wolf? Because this is the 2nd straight Day 1 I've found you wolvish.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #793
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Inzil, were you intentionally trying to look like a wolf? Because this is the 2nd straight Day 1 I've found you wolvish.
A deja vu moment, to be sure.
I was trying to come off as a little shady on Day 1, but not so much I'd be a likely target immediately. I knew I would have to accomplish my own lynching sooner or later, so I thought to plant a few seeds of doubt early on.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #794
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakon View Post
People, do not vote Inziladun. As I have said earlier the wolves want this. Do not vote for him. The wolves have set it up so we either end up lynching Inziladun today or the guard from last night which is Nogrod. We should not lynch either of them.

Heh. Came across this and giggled. He was right in a way; one of the wolves certainly wanted this.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:49 PM   #795
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife
Congratulations to the wolves - you were awesome! Greenie, you fooled me royally on the last Day, I truly thought you were innocent. Nilp and Brinn, your split attack before the last DL was brilliant - Nilp going after Nienna, while Brinn swayed McCaber and me into that stupid Sally lynch, and Greenie doing a last minute retraction from one innocent to another. Kudos to sally, Nienna and Boro for voting the true wolf - we should have listened...
The split vote was totally something I did at the spur of the moment and was definitely not planned. I was planning to make a bunch of analyses, but I came in so late I only had time to post Sally's, who I concluded was suspicious. By then, Greenie had become a huge suspect and while she and Nilp attempted to set Nienna up, I saw there was a good chance it wouldn't work. If Greenie was to be lynched, I needed to figure out which vote between the two would make me least suspicious and I pretended to be caught between voting for two people I didn't care to vote for. I stated my desire to vote Sally, but I wasn't planning to go for it since I didn't think the village would try a split vote. But then Boro stated an interest in voting Sally and Pitchwife didn't want Greenie lynched, which gave me hope. And then McCaber suggested we could pull it off...so I jumped on that opportunity by expressing my support. Btw, that final minute was the longest minute ever. I had my post ready, but was waiting to see if a Sally lynch could actually happen before making my vote. The second I saw the first Sally vote, I hit submit. I can't believe I managed to pull off a whole new bandwagon considering it all occurred in the last five minutes of the game.

I should mention how perfect my current avatar is for this game. It's a picture of a witch (as in my in-game occupation) and in the background there's a young woman getting lynched (or more accurately, burned at the stake). I like to pretend it's Sally. *dances in Sally's blood*
Old 09-14-2009, 10:59 PM   #796
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I should mention how perfect my current avatar is for this game. It's a picture of a witch (as in my in-game occupation) and in the background there's a young woman getting lynched (or more accurately, burned at the stake). I like to pretend it's Sally. *dances in Sally's blood*

Old 09-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #797
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Yeah, I got played. Well done, wolves.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:10 PM   #798
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Yeah, I got played. Well done, wolves.
Better me than you though, dear, as at least you were important. Although when I called Nienna and found out I was dead I nearly dropped the phone.

And Cabbie, my apologies. You just looked so gosh darn bad....
Old 09-17-2009, 03:39 AM   #799
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I have to join the congratulations to the Wolves (you are darn lucky I got lynched a long time ago, otherwise if it was in fresh memory, I guess you'd find a different kind of comment here ). Especially Nilp certainly deserves the title of the nastiest wolf here. I must say I did not focus on Inziladun enough, funnily, maybe in reality I suspected him the least of all the WWs. By the time I died, I have already kind of started to suspect Brinn, and who knows how I would have acted had I remained alive. But probably most of all, all the time I had a really really really baaaad feeling that there was just something wrong with Greenie - but as all too often it was outshined by the suspicion of the "obvious" people (like for example wilwa).

Anyway, while of course I was displeased by most of the village's nail-and-tooth policy regarding my guilt, it was a brilliant game (and Nogrod's genuine shock when I was found innocent kind of eased my feeling about my death ). And the concept worked out really well and balanced - something that does not happen always with the "experimental" games. So good job, Eönwë.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote