The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #881
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
And...

Without further ado:

++Nerwen to win

++Fea as MVP

edit: triple posted. Why is it so quiet?
Old 02-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #882
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Okay, I am back and need to vote:

++Wilwa for the win. She put so much time and effort into this game and survived right through to the end (even though I TOTALLY planned on killing her if I had survived Day 2 , and yes, you can ask me why later). She played it smart and had all the right things going for her.

As for MVP, well, I already made my vote for the moddess

In all seriousness,

++Fea for an OUTSTANDING job on fooling everyone but Nerwen. Even had me going while reading!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
our other Wolves for the Carcharoth Award for Wolf-on-Wolfing Above and Beyond the Call of Duty (*cough*Nog/Glirdan, Nog/Eönwë*cough*).
It was fun watching Nog squirm a little, not gonna lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Fea was my PM-buddy as well. When Wilwa said that Fea was hers, it dawned on me that she might have had the "village prostitute" role that was suggested in an earlier game (that she's everyone's lover). However, I didn't really talk to her much, mostly because I was afraid I'd look suspicious.
Same reasons I didn't talk to her, but at the same time, I kind of regret it now...Maybe we could have used it to our benefit? Who knows!!

Oh and...

*snuggles dear moddess for being wonderful*

*snuggles Alona and Shasta for being wonderful co-mod's*

*snuggles Nienna and Form (a big one for him after having almost thrown him under a bus *insert big smile here*) for being reunited*

*snuggles for my fellow Wolves and our added Wolf Lottie for a splendid game* The sad part about this was I was wanting to get rid of her too after Day 2 (it was a toss up between her and Wilwa for me...not that it mattered seeing as I was lynched...as usual *rollseyes*)

*Snuggles Pitch for dieing early* I was in utter shock for a good five minutes and had no idea what to write

*Snuggles everyone else because I want to!*

Okay, I'm done.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #883
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*weasels her way inbetween Form and Nienna while refraining from gagging* None of that. Your children don't want to see that.

++Fea for MVP

++wilwa ftw
Old 02-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #884
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

*punches Glirdan for wanting to kill her and for being guilty the one time she trusted him....then snuggles him*

*snuggles Mira who died too soon*

*snuggles phantom because he hates snuggling*

*goes back to homework*
Old 02-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #885
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Addendum:

I'm abstaining on voting for a winner because those still alive are the ones that were of most assistance to me. Nerwen for giving me straight answers on who to use my Simon powers for, Zil for keeping me alive as long as possible, and Wilwa for being a trusted and neutral ear for me to legitimately bounce random ideas off of.

They are the three I spent longest and tried the hardest to keep alive. I won't choose between them now.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #886
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
*weasels her way inbetween Form and Nienna while refraining from gagging* None of that. Your children don't want to see that.
Truth. Watching y'all canoodle is sketchy, since you, Form, are my brother, and you, Ni, are my sister. It's pretty much the exact same for me as if I was watching my bio-bros cuddle. Ie: I'd much rather not see that. Kthx.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:54 PM   #887
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
And Lottie, 'I can totally read you!'.
Hush up, you. I knew you were something weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Fea was my PM-buddy as well. When Wilwa said that Fea was hers, it dawned on me that she might have had the "village prostitute" role that was suggested in an earlier game (that she's everyone's lover). However, I didn't really talk to her much, mostly because I was afraid I'd look suspicious.
Sally pmed me after I mentioned that Fea was my Pm-Pal and told me what was up, and I tried to make it look like I was joking...but oops. Sowie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
*snuggles for my fellow Wolves and our added Wolf Lottie for a splendid game* The sad part about this was I was wanting to get rid of her too after Day 2 (it was a toss up between her and Wilwa for me...not that it mattered seeing as I was lynched...as usual *rollseyes*)
Yeah. Um. Epic Cobbler!Lottie fail. I totally thought Steve was innocent and was totally trying to kill him. Sowie.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #888
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Yeah. Um. Epic Cobbler!Lottie fail. I totally thought Steve was innocent and was totally trying to kill him. Sowie.
But you guessed the others, didn't you? Because of that, I assumed you were one of the original pack, up until your role was revealed... which is why I hadn't gone after Steve earlier, even though I didn't like the look of him from Day 2 onwards.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:19 PM   #889
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Who should win? Analysis of Nerwen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Nonsense. Both Legate and I have come under heavy suspicion in games which we weren't even playing; I don't see why Shasta deserves a free pass.
Shasta's evil theory. +2

Quote:
The prejudice I have to cope with! If only humans and three-armed mutants could live together in peace!

Same here. So, from my own perspective, I know it's indeed possible to get confused like that. But as I also said, I'm not willing to make any judgement either way about the rest of you at this stage.

Unfortunately, other than the timing-oddity, the Night–posts seem like typical content-free Day One banter (except for Shasta's, which was practically a confession, if you ask me).

So, moving on– is it too early to start considering possible Simons? I think not.

The candidate I have the honour to propose is fun (just look at her quiz thread), creative (see her unique take on the story of Nimrodel and Amroth), and honest (did she deny it when Mith asked if she were a spambot? She did not!).

The choice is clear.

÷lucyyenic for Simon÷

I, for one, welcome our new spambot overlords!

EDIT:bolding
Mutants plus Lucyyenic stuffs. +5, which means +7 total. These were those of your posts that most amused me.

~~~~~~

Quote:
But you guessed the others, didn't you? Because of that, I assumed you were one of the original pack, up until your role was revealed... which is why I hadn't gone after Steve earlier, even though I didn't like the look of him from Day 2 onwards.
That I did - although I thought it was Nienna instead of Glirdan Day 1, and actually Zil instead of Eonwe the whole Cobber!time - I always knew something was off about him, just...wrong something.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #890
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Can we just lynch you?
Lynch phantom: + 1.

Quote:
I see Lottie's accepted her fate? Excellent. Go out with dignity and grace, my lupine foe.
Dignity and grace? Ha! + 1.

Quote:
Shut it, wolf. Thy hour draweth nigh.
L.O.L. +2

Quote:
With apologies to the Pythons:

There are wolves in the Downs, there are ordos
there are Gifteds and Lovers and then
there are those that follow
the phantom
but I've never been one of theeemm.

I'm a Werewolf Player
and I have been since sometime in last May.
And the one thing you can say about Werewolf is
they'll kill you as soon as you play.

You don't have to have a high post count
You don't have to have a great mind
You don't need to have your own title
You're addicted as soon as you sign.

Beecause...

Every game is lovely, every game is great
If a game is missed, then, we get quite irate.

The wolves tried to kill us. The wolves laughed and hung round.
But we made them pay for each ordo that couldn't be found.
Funny song parody: + 2.

Overall total: 6.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:42 PM   #891
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Hush up, you. I knew you were something weird.
You know I have to poke you a bit.
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt for as long as I could. Wasn't this your first time on the evil side? Fun innit? You did a good job.

I think I have to go with

++Fea for MVP.

Keeping track of so many communications and personalities without getting caught and giving something important away was a tremendous achievement, and probably not something I could have managed. Until Wilwa made the slip about her being Fea's PM-pal it never occurred to me Fea was talking to anyone else. I asked her about it later, and I think her response was 'I plead the fifth', at which time I let the matter be.
Also, her Seer impersonation was excellent. I never had any idea she was play-acting.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #892
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I am going to make a preliminary list before reading everything again. A *** beside someone's name means that my brain has not processed any sort of opinion on them as of yet, and I will be back later with better formed opinions of them (hence my use of the word "preliminary")

Brinn ***

Dun ***

Fea: trust, because I do.

Form: certain things about him seem a little off (Night post thing and Mira vote for him), but I still just can't see him as posting during the Night like that as a wolf. No matter how many times I try to think of it as a possibility my mind is like "What, that's impossible, it's like trying to picture phantom as a nice guy." So I don't see him as a wolf.

Glirdan: want so badly to trust him, but the fact that him and I are agreeing about everything is sooooo weird. I'm gonna have to stay neutral on him, cause it's all gut right now.

Izzy *** (though her name is sending me bad vibes, so I must have seen something I didn't like at some point, I'll take a look at her)

Lottie: I feel quite good here, I like her songs. But beyond that I just think she has very good insight and valid points. (the Mira votes are still in the back of my mind though)

Nerwen ***

Nog: I think I trust him. May just be a natural instinct for me though, so when I read through I'll watch close, see if that changes at all.

Pitch: quite good with indeed.

Rune ***

Steve ***

So I'm gonna go read now....

oh, and my CAT is feeling better now, though he is still taking a lot of CAT naps and such. He is a very good CAT and my favourite out of all my three CATS....I'll stop now...

*snuggles everyone*

x'ed with Nog
Likes my songs and ignores Phantom. +3.

Quote:
_|_|_
_|X|_
_|_|_
Tic Tac Toe. +1

Quote:
I think it's your bad wolfie smell screwing with my breathing actually, you dying should make it a bit better.

Woah. Just realised how close I am to 2000 posts. Wonder if I can achieve this with vote tallies....
Hehe. +2

Plus I'll give you a couple 'cause I got interupted. That ties Wilwa and Nerwen...um...

++Wilwa

++Miss Moddess for MVP
Old 02-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #893
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*cough**cough* I did get three wolves, you know...
Old 02-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #894
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post

++Fea for MVP

++wilwa ftw
The fact that you said 'ftw' makes you ftw.

I have a few moddess awards to hand out but that's about it, folks. I don't suppose I could convince someone to count those votes for me? The winner(s) seriously get(s) cookies, no joke. If you win and you're not scared of a package from me you can PM me your addie-ress and I shall mail your cookies as soon as I can make them and scrounge up enough money to mail them.

Heading off now so I'll be back with those awards I promised.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:55 PM   #895
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Final narration (of some sort)

Save.

Oh, and feel free to keep discussing of course.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:17 PM   #896
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I don't suppose I could convince someone to count those votes for me?
I make the count as follows:

Game Winner

Nerwen- 5
Wilwa- 4

Game MVP

Fea- 8
Moddess- 4
Old 02-18-2010, 12:26 AM   #897
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
*cough**cough* I did get three wolves, you know...
Yes, my dear, but I was one of those wolves. You're lucky I didn't count that as negative points.

Besides, Wilwa make me laugh more. In the long run, that's what counts.

But congrats, Nerwen. You did good...as did Fea.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:20 AM   #898
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I'm not sure if we living folks are allowed to vote for MVP, but if so I'll simply join the chorus of

++Fea for MVP

As for the winner– well, there's no contest, in my mind. Not only is Lucy a great survivor (I don't believe anyone even thought of killing her), her judgement is clearly impeccable. Why, she never once voted for a wolf!

++Lucyyenic wins

(Besides, spambots only eat e-cookies, so it works out a lot cheaper for Sally.)

Of course, if it weren't for the presence of such a truly outstanding candidate, I probably have to vote

++Inziladun
Old 02-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #899
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I'm not sure if we living folks are allowed to vote for MVP, but if so I'll simply join the chorus of

++Fea for MVP

As for the winner– well, there's no contest, in my mind. Not only is Lucy a great survivor (I don't believe anyone even thought of killing her), her judgement is clearly impeccable. Why, she never once voted for a wolf!

++Lucyyenic wins

(Besides, spambots only eat e-cookies, so it works out a lot cheaper for Sally.)

Of course, if it weren't for the presence of such a truly outstanding candidate, I probably have to vote

++Inziladun

Wow. In a sudden and unexpected turn of events Lucy wins! *gasps*
Old 02-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #900
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I make the count as follows:

Game Winner

Nerwen- 5
Wilwa- 4

Game MVP

Fea- 8
Moddess- 4

*snuggles Dun*

See, Fea? I told you you'd still get cookies.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:48 AM   #901
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Breakdown of roles

Original four wolves: Killer, Diller, Chiller, and Thriller. All lovered up to Fea and under strict instructions to keep it a secret. Also, each of them were told (per the purpose of the game) that if push came to shove they should look out for number one and be willing to kill their packmates if it meant their ultimate survival.

Cursed cobbler: Candy. Knew she was a cobbler, didn't know she was a cursed. (Neither did the wolves, by the way. It was quite a surprise to them.) When she got turned I told her there was a traitor in the pack and that she had to be careful so they didn't try to kill her or something.

Seer. Normal.

Ranger. Normal, but could save the same person twice in a row once the whole game. (Was told to keep this a secret for obvious reasons.)

Hunter. Normal except for her double pick ability. (As a note, if Form had been killed before Nienna, Nienna's list would have been doubled for the duration of the game, giving her a pretty darn good chance of catching a wolf.)

Village prostitute. Ordo except for all the mad PMing.

One-Hit-Wonder. Modified from a RL WW role called Chuck Norris, this role when attacked by the wolves gets to find out the roles of any two people in the game and send them to any other two people in the game. (The original Chuck Norris just kills a random werewolf and lives to tell the tale, along with some other cool stuff.) The role was never activated, so the person remained an ordo. (Also, they had no idea who they were. They thought they were just an ordo.)
Old 02-18-2010, 01:42 PM   #902
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Moddess congratulations/thankies

To my wolves:

Mira. Girl, you need to stop dying early! I was really upset when you guys sent Nienna in because I knew you’d die too. Rubbish, that. Still, it was fun while it lasted.

Glirdan. Again, was so mad when you died because you really shouldn’t have (or at least shouldn’t have died by as large a margin as you did). But you were super fun and entertained me to no end. And survived past Day One! A bonus! (And your narration is coming, I promise!)

Nog. As always, your little “Oh Miss Moddess” PMs brightened my day and never failed to make me either giggle at how ridiculous you were being or gasp at how accurate you were. I was quite upset you got dreamed because you were doing amazingly well. Good job, dear!

Steve-O. Because I kept calling you that while planning, though I’m not sure why. You poor things had horrid luck and for you to be the last wolf standing had to be tough. But you took it with dignity and managed to have quite the good time. May have had a slip or two but overall a fantastic performance and I’m very glad I had you in the pack.

Lottie. Unluckiest. Wolf. Ever. Seriously, though, when Nog and Steve sent in the kill I’m fairly sure they thought you were the seer or something (if I remember incorrectly I’m more than happy to have them set me straight) and I about died of giggles. Then when I added you to the pack you were dreamt the same Night! Gah! Your parodies made me chuckle though and you were a great addition to a doomed yet fabulous wolf team. Kudos my wolf cub!

To my ordos:

Gwath. Aaaand you get lynched early. Gah, ridiculous. I considered putting an injunction on it like my last game but decided it wasn’t fair so alas you had to go. I wish you could have played longer!

Pitch. And you complained about this not being interesting! Pfffft. Sad to see you go so soon, but you were a great part of the village and I’m ever so happy you were able to enjoy yourself post mortem.

Brinn. Again, I was sad to see you go, but I know you were busy so perhaps it was for the best? Still, I’m glad you agreed to play and you did a splendid job despite your commitments. ^_^

Form. Heh. I talked you into playing. Neener neener. Erm, I mean thanks? Hehe I am glad you played though, and apart from the whoopsie with killing Pitch you played quite well despite being so bloody busy. *snuggles you despite your protest....but not under a blanket because....no way lol*

Rune. A very fine show, my friend. Lol I loved watching you try to sort out things when I clearly had such evil plans afoot. Very nice job helping catch the wolves, and kudos!

Izzy. Is it weird that despite knowing the roles I kept thinking you were a gifted of some sort? You played spectacularly well and I was very sad to see you go during the Massacre. Good job!

To my gifteds:

Nienna. Fabulous job! But poo on you for dying so early and not letting me have fun. Sorry I was so mean with my secrets, but I quite enjoyed watching you squirm while I tortured the living. But hey, you got your dead participation so you should be happy. Yay for you playing!

Dun. Fantastic, absolutely fantastic job with your rangering. I know you didn’t make every save but you made the one that made a huge difference and you were a real asset to the village. Kudos to you on a winning performance!

Nerwen. Like I said, stop being such a bloody rockstar. Lol I was seriously getting frustrated with you because of how good you were at your role; you kept dreaming my wolves and before long I had none left! I think it’s safe to say you may be one of the best seers of all time.

Which brings me to....

To my special roles:

(Note: What do you mean Wilwa’s not been mentioned yet? Why would that happen? Gasp!)

Wilwa. My One-Hit-Wonder who never blossomed into her potential. I kept hoping you’d be the kill so you could unleash your gift but until then I wanted you to think you were just an ordo so that if they did attack you you could lie low; I know you were capable of such deception and would thoroughly enjoy it. Still, you performed beautifully and I’m stoked you played because you brightened up the village and made the game a ton of fun!

Fea. Giddy aunt, you deserve a whole train car full of cookies for this! I thought you might slip eventually or that someone would guess but no, you pulled it off mostly without a hitch! Of course people had nigglings and I had a couple questioning PMs but for the most part people hadn’t a clue! To juggle all that is amazing, and for that I bow to you, my little Prima Donna. Long live the Village Prostitute!

To my co-mods and assorted helpers:

Shasta. *snuggles her sweet co-mod* Thank you SO much for helping out. I know I handled most of the actual game play but talking through a lot of the game elements with you made all the difference in the world and made the game the (hopefully!) success that it was. Thankies!

Alona. You were absolutely vital to this game. Without you I’d have stayed up for hours after the DL counting votes and double checking my work, but with you around I just had to wait for a handy dandy Alona post and my work was done. That and you acted as co-mod on a couple occasions and were just generally fantastic. I bloody love you. ^_^

Phantom. Heh. Heh. You know why I’m laughing. Also, nice heckling!

Duck. Thanks so much for helping out a frantic!netless!Sally on more than one occasion. I loves me a duck and you’s the duck I love! *snuggles*

The Council. You know who you are. Your opinions on post-wolf Night matters made quite a difference in the game. Thanks so much for agreeing to help out and for being so fair with your responses. Oh, and don’t worry, I don’t plan to tell anyone who you are (although you’re welcome to identify yourself if you like) or who you voted for, so don’t fret that someone’s going to show up at your door with a meat cleaver or a wet pool noodle or something.

To everyone:

*SNUGGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*
Old 02-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #903
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Quote:
Wilwa. My One-Hit-Wonder who never blossomed into her potential. I kept hoping you’d be the kill so you could unleash your gift but until then I wanted you to think you were just an ordo so that if they did attack you you could lie low; I know you were capable of such deception and would thoroughly enjoy it. Still, you performed beautifully and I’m stoked you played because you brightened up the village and made the game a ton of fun!

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just knew I was, I did I did. Well, I didn't *know*, but I had a psychic inkling.

Why on earth didn't you guys kill me!?!? haha

Sally. This made me very happy. *snuggles*
Old 02-18-2010, 02:21 PM   #904
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

If I could request some variety of cheesy biscuit alternative to a traditional cookie, that would appeal to my desires more than a sugar high...

*nuzzles moddess*
Old 02-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #905
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

The wolf pms on Night ...4, was it?

Quote:
Re: My, my...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
Hello, new packmate. How's it going? Lovely.

1. I've never been a wolf before, so please bear with me.

2. I think it's safe to assume I'll be lynched pretty soon. I'd be surprised if I lasted another Day.

3. I do, however, think you'll be fine. (You fooled me; I honestly thought you were innocent! ... I was a cobbler before, if you didn't know.) You might be able to survive as a single wolf and win...

4. But you'd need the Seer gone. Who were you and Nog thinking might be the Seer?

5. Who shall we Night kill? Of course, if there's an answer to #4, then them, but otherwise...Nerwen? Izzy? They're both a little too good at getting things right. Zil we should leave be; he trusts you and can never read me.
1. Don't worry. I remember my first time being a wolf. Just act natural.

2. I don't know about that. If you can get three votes, it'll be enough.

3. Hmm... One of us will probably die soon. I think we should try to distance ourselves from each other because at least then the other one will survive.

4. To be honest, we thought you were the seer. The song about me looked very much like a seer hint. Very much. We also thought Wilwa, Brinn and Fea were possible seers.

5. See next bit

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote
On second thought (and after much scouring of the thread), Fea might be the seer...but I'm hesitant to kill her. Wilwa I don't think is gifted, or she probably would have revealed. Rune is the ranger at best, not the seer. Zil is probably ordo, but I can't shake the feeling that he's something special. He's posting not like ordo!Zil. Nerwen might be seer or ranger, but I'm not sure. Izzy might be a seer, but I don't think so...any thoughts? I won't be on again til really close to dl, so sorry about that...
Looking who people voted for, I think Brinn, Form or Nerwen are good options. Izzy too.

I agree with you about Zil, but I'd like to keep him because he trusts me. Fea also, and I don't really want to kill her anyway.

Since the beginning I've had a strong feeling that we should kill Brinn, but something's always got in the way of that, so that's who I want to kill. Izzy would also be a good option, as she's very dangerous when innocent (she's actually quite good as a wolf as well).
Quote:
...and...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also Nerwen. I forgot her.

I don't know about Izzy because if we kill her it might lead to you, but if we don't, she might come up with a good enough case to get you killed toMorrow.
Quote:
Re: Voting

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
Well, you don't seem to be online yet so in case you aren't back by the dl (for whatever reason- RL is unpredictable), I've sent Sally a provisional vote for Brinn.

If you want to change it, then send Sally a different vote- this was just in case.
Okay, I'm back...and I really want Fea gone. If she is the seer, I'm dead. No questions why she would dream me, please, Sally has forbidden me to tell you. (<not that that wouldn't give you a hint...) I think she already knows I'm a cobbler at best, and she came up with the Cursed theory, so she might very well dream me...in which case seer!Fea would be a Bad Thing...
I will try to distance myself. Do you want me to try and get you killed or just not mention you? I think I'd go for an in-between "not really mention but hightly suspect"...right? Sorry, newbie!wolf...

The Downs wasn't working, so I sent in Fea's name to Sally via Facebook about fifteen minutes ago, but I told her that if you'd done the same thing, to go with your choice. I don't know which provisional choice she'll go with, but I'm happy with either - Brinn is a good person to have gone, I can never deal well with her. I'll leave it to Miss Moddess's confusion.

But who would vote for me? Right now I'm probably suspect #1 for most people...we'll see what happens.

Good luck for toDay. Hopefully talk to you again tomorrow Night.

...And Downs are still being silly. If I sent you two copies, sorry.
Basically, I got on an hour and a half before dl and found that the Downs were, well, down. Quite frankly, I paniced. I sent Sally a Facebook message telling her to kill Fea if I couldn't get on and if Steve hadn't sent anything in, either. I got on the Downs about fifteen minutes later, and was finally able to send the pm without losing Downs awhile after that. I didn't change anything. Steve's pm had said to kill Brinn unless I changed it, so I didn't know who was going to die. Sally didn't get my Facebook message until after she posted that Brinn had died, so there wasn't even any confusion.

But still...hectic Night.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:09 PM   #906
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Nog. As always, your little “Oh Miss Moddess” PMs brightened my day and never failed to make me either giggle at how ridiculous you were being or gasp at how accurate you were. I was quite upset you got dreamed because you were doing amazingly well. Good job, dear!
Indeed - although I had a queasy feeling about you from Day 1, you managed to appease me much too easily. As far as I could detect, you made just one little slip, but that was quite priceless:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog #459
Or I could have made a fervent defence of Lottie just for the sport of it. That would have been a nice challenge indeed and something worthy of trying. Had I succeeded, that would have been a heroic tale to remember. Thinking of it now, I could actually have tried that.
(in answer to Nerwen's question how you would have played as a wolf; bolding mine.)
Forgot for a moment that the situation was supposed to be hypothetical?
And I've totally got to snuggle you for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog #447
(Is it just that middle-aged men don't feel so bad about younger women playing nice towards them than when young men do it? )
Quote:
Steve-O. Because I kept calling you that while planning, though I’m not sure why. You poor things had horrid luck and for you to be the last wolf standing had to be tough. But you took it with dignity and managed to have quite the good time. May have had a slip or two but overall a fantastic performance and I’m very glad I had you in the pack.
What she said - I could have sworn you were innocent! Well played!

Quote:
Lottie. Unluckiest. Wolf. Ever. Seriously, though, when Nog and Steve sent in the kill I’m fairly sure they thought you were the seer or something (if I remember incorrectly I’m more than happy to have them set me straight) and I about died of giggles.
You know what, that wolf-spotting knack of yours is getting uncanny! You were spot-on about Eönwë more or less from the beginning - and never mind that going on a crusade to lynch him wasn't exactly what your job description said...

Actually, it's quite funny how in the beginning everybody seemed worried that the new voting system (trust-based instead of suspicion-based) would make it so much easier for the wolves to blend in and go unnoticed, and then they were flushed out and killed off one after another in a few Days, with only one innocent being mislynched! But of course it's not every village that can boast of a set of gifteds like ours... Still, it could be interesting to try something like this more often.
All in all, this game was a lot of fun and had some very nice ideas, such as re-involving the dead in the endgame - as far as I can remember, the only game that has tried something remotely in that direction before was Brinn's pirate game. Well devised, sally, and very well handled!

Quote:
Phantom. Heh. Heh. You know why I’m laughing. Also, nice heckling!
Indeed, I sort of missed your heckling posts later in the game. And I hope you didn't mind me talking back, I thought you could take it.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:15 PM   #907
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
You know what, that wolf-spotting knack of yours is getting uncanny! You were spot-on about Eönwë more or less from the beginning - and never mind that going on a crusade to lynch him wasn't exactly what your job description said...
Actually, I truely thought he was innocent. That's why I was trying to kill him - he seemed so good, I worried that people would never lynch him - and he was too spot-on with Nog, who I was pretty sure *was* a wolf. I did know about Glirdy, too, and spent the last few hours of that Day making incomprehensible "gaaahhhhhh..." noises at the screen.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:25 PM   #908
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just knew I was, I did I did. Well, I didn't *know*, but I had a psychic inkling.

Why on earth didn't you guys kill me!?!? haha
See? What did I say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
No, Steve never made a real slip at all– the closest he came to it was a few posts that struck me as a bit "off". In the end it was largely a matter of elimination:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer to Village Prostitute, Night 5
Yes, Steve is now the most logical choice.

Known innocents (in order of certainty)

Izzy (cleared by Seer-dream)
Zil (cleared by Form)
Form (cleared by logic– why would a wolf clear Zil, since they can't both be wolves?)

This being Sally's game, I guess Form or Zil could be an extra cobbler, or some sort of weird Neutral role that just does what it likes... but I think we can ignore that possibility for the moment.
Yes, Sally, you managed to screw with our heads that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer to Village Prostitute cont'd
Then we've got–

Likely innocent:

Wilwa

Semi-cleared by Lottie and Nog being after her, and by recent conduct. Mutual support of Glirdan is a point against her though.

You realise that Lottie's being Candy will have cleared Wilwa absolutely in the eyes of the village? If neither you, I nor Wilwa herself are dead toMorrow, and I haven't dreamt a wolf, you may have to come clean about the deception.

Who knows?:

Rune.

In his favour, he was after Glirdan pretty strongly. Against him is his lack of contribution recently and the vote from Nog.

The fact that we're now looking for an original wolf rather than the Cursed makes Rune a bit less suspicious.
Sorry about that, Rune. During the Day, when I assumed Lottie was Killer and the last wolf was Candy, you were a top suspect, because a.) you might have looked Seerish for going after Glirdan, b.), you'd been contributing less since the no-kill Night and c.) Nog voted for you when he was in danger himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer to Village Prostitute cont'd
Likely Guilty

Steve.

Firstly, he's who's left over. Secondly, he fits the under-the-radar-wolf profile. It seems unlikely all three of the original pack were out in the open.

However, I'll now go and read through the early Days for clues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer to Village Prostitute
So I read through the earlier Days.

There's no smoking gun, but Steve still looks the most likely out of the three possibilities. I mean, he bickers with Nog and there's some mutual suspicion... but none of that's on a level that would be out of the ordinary for wolves.

Also, Lottie suspected him early in the game, which might have given the wolves a motive for trying to kill her. And Brinn the next Day talks of her "bad feeling" about him.

All of which is pretty darned weak as evidence, but it's the best we've got.

If it's not him, then it's Rune or Wilwa.

And if it's none of them, then something really, really, REALLY weird is going on. (What's that you say? Sally's modding the game? )
Old 02-18-2010, 07:38 PM   #909
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

On that note, if anybody kept and wants to share their village prostitute PMs, feel free. I can't share any, having deleted them all in effort to keep my inbox clear for the massive influx that happened any time someone used the word 'penpal' in a post.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #910
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
And if it's none of them, then something really, really, REALLY weird is going on. (What's that you say? Sally's modding the game? )
Love this.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #911
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Love this.

GO TO BED!

Nerwen those PMs made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *cackles*
Old 02-18-2010, 10:11 PM   #912
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
The Council. You know who you are. Your opinions on post-wolf Night matters made quite a difference in the game. Thanks so much for agreeing to help out and for being so fair with your responses. Oh, and don’t worry, I don’t plan to tell anyone who you are (although you’re welcome to identify yourself if you like) or who you voted for, so don’t fret that someone’s going to show up at your door with a meat cleaver or a wet pool noodle or something.
I will, heh but you probably aleady knew this... Apologies for trying to bribe you to give me more power, but apparently I didn't need it as the two people who died...well let's just say hopefully there are no meatcleavers.

I didn't keep up at the beginning, but towards the end what stunning village play masterminded by Fea. In a wierd way I don't think this bodes well for people trusting you more.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #913
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I didn't keep up at the beginning, but towards the end what stunning village play masterminded by Fea. In a wierd way I don't think this bodes well for people trusting you more.
I know. Because even though I was wholly on the side of the village...

I just pulled one over on every single player, successfully false revealed and kept that role up until death with nobody the wiser except the actual seer, was instrumental in the deaths of three out of five wolves, identified the nature of that one no-Night-kill in about thirty seconds (I was forbidden by Sally to say anything, though I was allowed to imply, so go back and read my implication: "I think it's possible" prefaced "there's a freaking nother wolf."), and was voted Simon at least three times with nobody the wiser as to why I was so magically and 'easily' gaining power in the village.

Meep. I think I'll just um... not play again... for a while...
Old 02-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #914
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

On the the other hand, at least you didn't sell us out to the wolves this time.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #915
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
On the the other hand, at least you didn't sell us out to the wolves this time.
Well...

I sort of sold out Wilwa a little, kind of, just a bit...

But only because I needed somebody to use in my efforts to get Nog to spill about his cohorts.

After we knew he was a wolf, I sent him a very flattering PM (I sincerely hope he kept it) asking for his advice because I didn't know who to use my Simon powers on, and I was a little worried that I was wrong about Wilwa's innocence, and I didn't want to cast aspersions on someone I trusted - like Nog himself - by voting him into power after I'd done so much work to make myself look like the seer...

I mean, what if I gave Nog votes of confidence and the wolves decided to kill him over it!

Next thing I know, Day has risen and Lottie, who we'd already suspected, was trying to get Wilwa killed. I held off my Simon votes until Sally promised me Nog had gone to bed (I was a bit nervous he'd hang me out to dry as the village fl00zy if he spotted my reversal of my 'opinion' on him).

Anyway, Nog, if you have that PM I sent you, I'd love to reread it. I know I sent snippets to Sally, who died of squee reading it.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:44 PM   #916
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Sneaky sneaky Fea.

I kept only the last few PMs. When I "revealed" that Fea and I were PmPals I received this e-mail from her, entitled "SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
There are evil things afoot and if the village finds out we actually are PM buddies we'll end up in trouble!

Sorry to call you a liar, though... Blame Sally.
haha...

I responded saying something about being confused and overly curious, and that someone should have warned me if I wasn't supposed to "reveal". She later said something about how she kinda had sorta warned me not too and that "it appears I'm responsible for you. Sally's games are clearly insane." And I agreed with the second part.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #917
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*bows*