The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 05:31 PM   #1081
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Now it's up to you Shasta since the last one to reach the most votes dies... Choose well.
I'll do my best...

++Aganzir
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #1082
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Aganzir is dead.

She was.......

dum dum dum

wait for it.....

Ordinary.

The final Wolf has chosen to kill Nerwen. Who is also Ordinary.

WOLVES WIN

The final narration will be up sometime tomorrow. Everyone can post now.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #1083
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

Alirin continued her walk, being sure to stay far from the cliff and soon came upon a different type of garden. There was a large castle with a huge lawn in front. There were many trees covered in white roses, but there were gardeners painting them red.

“How odd.” Alirin thought, when suddenly the three gardeners fell flat on their faces. Before the girl could ask why they were behaving in this way she saw a few people coming towards her. One seemed to be a Queen, she was all dressed in red with heart patterns, and she was very stern looking. With her was a Dodo, a Gryphon and a man also dressed in red with hearts.

`Who is this?' The Queen of Hearts said it to the Knave of Hearts, who only bowed and smiled in reply.

`Idiot!' said the Queen, tossing her head impatiently; and, turning to Alirin, she went on, `What's your name, child?'

`My name is Alirin, so please your Majesty,' said Alice very politely.

`And who are THESE?' said the Queen, pointing to the three gardeners who were lying round the rosetree, still face down.

`How should I know?' said Alirin, surprised at her own courage. `It's no business of MINE.'

The Queen turned crimson with fury, and, after glaring at her for a moment like a wild beast, screamed `Off with her head! Off--'

`Nonsense!' said Alirin, very loudly and decidedly, and the Queen was silent.
`Can you play croquet?' the Queen suddenly asked.

`Yes!' said Alirin.

`Come on, then!' roared the Queen, and Alirin joined the small group, wondering very much what would happen next.
She looked around and soon spotted that the Dodo had ran off and accidently fell into a large fountain. Seeming to not know how else to dry off he began running around in circles.

“What is he doing?” Alirin asked the Knave, who was walking along side her.

“He’s having a Caucus-race, I think he’s winning.” the Knave explained. This made no sense to Alirin, considering the Dodo was running in circles on his own, and was randomly stopping and starting again, and constantly changing directions. After a few moments he stopped and suddenly came over to her.

“I’ve won the race, I should like a price now!” the Dodo said to her. Alirin reached into her pocket and pulled out a thimble, this seemed to please him.

By this time the Queen had started to play crocket, using a flamingo has her racket and a hitting live hedgehogs, and had randomly called out for someone’s head to be chopped off. Before she could respond the Gryphon had now walked over to her and began to speak.

“What fun!' said the Gryphon, half to itself, half to Alirin.

`What IS the fun?' said Alirin.

`Why, SHE,' said the Gryphon. `It's all her fancy, that: they never executes nobody, you know.”

Alirin was quite releaved by this, but was feeling rather bored just standing and watching the Queen play the odd sport.

“Have you ever done the Lobster Quadrille?” the Gryphon asked. Alirin responded with no, and was quite curious, she rather liked dancing.

“What kind of dance is it?” she asked him.

`Why,' said the Gryphon, `you first form two lines along the sea-shore, seals, turtles, salmon, and so on; then, when you’ve cleared all the jelly-fish out of the way -- THAT generally takes some time—you advance twice, each with a lobster as a partner! ' as he was describing the dance he was jumping all about.

“Then you advance twice, change lobsters, and retire in same order” the Gryphon continued, “then you throw the lobsters as far out to sea as you can, swim after them, turn a somersault in the sea, back to land, and that’s all the first figure!” He finished, with sigh, and sat down, since all the mad jumping about had made him quite tired.

Suddenly Alirin could hear the Queen screaming and hollering and pointing angrily at the Knave of Hearts.

“What is going on?” Alirin asked the Dodo.

“Well, the Queen of Hearts, she made some tarts, all on a summer day: the Knave of Hearts, he stole those tarts, and took them quite away!” the Dodo responded.

“Off with his head!” the Queen was yelling as Alirin, the Dodo and the Gryphon walked closer. The Knave was standing there simply denying it, as some card soldiers walked towards him.

Before anyone could say another word, or before the soldiers could apprehend the Knave, he pulled out a sword and cut off the Queen’s head!

“Off with YOUR head!” he yelled as he ran towards the Dodo and quickly did the same to him. Alirin stood in shock as all of this happened, not quite knowing how to respond.

The Knave walked up to the Gryphon and seemed about to do the same to him (a horn had suddenly appeared on the Gryphon’s forehead), but instead walked away and said, “you can do me no harm now.”

He began to walk towards Alirin holding on to the sword, but she quickly put out her hand and yelled, “enough!”

The Knave and the Gryphon both stopped and looked at her.

“I have spent the whole day being shrunk, and grown, and bossed around by animals!” she said, getting rather frustrated, as her voice grew and she shut her eyes tight to try and calm down. “I’ve been to mad tea parties far more often then I’d like, I’ve heard far too much poetry, and everyone I’ve met has died! I will have no more of it!”

She stood there for a moment clenching her fists and holding her eyes tightly shut. After a moment she realised that everything had gone silent and all she could hear was the babble of a little brook. Slowly the girl opened her eyes and found her sister staring at her with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. Alirin was back where she had started that morning.

“I’m never going anywhere with a rabbit, ever again.”

Last edited by wilwarin538; 04-25-2010 at 02:22 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #1084
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Some fun stuff for you guys:

Greenie – Seer
Night 1 – Mira
Night 2 – Lottie
Night 3 – Legate
Night 4 - Shasta

If she hadn't of been killed the game would have been over very quickly. I'm happy that wasn't the case, haha, I wanted my game to last a while, and it certainly did.

Skip – Ranger
Night 2 – Greenie
Night 3 – Nienna
Night 4 – Lommy
Night 5 – Aganzir
Night 6 – Lommy
Night 7 - Lottie

Nienna - Hunter
Day 1 – Lottie
Night 2 – Greenie
Night 3 – Glirdan
Night 4 – Legate
Night 5 - Inziladun

Thanks so much to everyone for playing! It was great fun to watch!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:02 PM   #1085
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Does that mean I can relax, finally?

Edit: And what do you mean, Greenie never dreamt of Nog?!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 04-24-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #1086
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, that was just brilliant, Shasta!

And Agan and Brinn, I'm sorry I was so unpleasant. It's just that I was getting awfully frustrated with you two.

By the way–

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Shasta– I'm not getting any bad vibes from him. However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf...
Exactly!

–So, it seems our gifteds all made good choices, but had rotten luck (eg. Nienna picked two wolves, but was hunting an ordo on the Night she died).
Old 04-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #1087
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Congratulations, wolves, and well done Shasta!

If I'd had to vote the last Day, I'd have probably chosen Agan too.

Thanks for modding, Wilwa! Great narrations.

For the record, this marks the third occasion I've been killed by a Hunter, innocent every time.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #1088
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Fantastic job, Shasta my dear!

I was so set on Agan being the last wolf. Fabulously played.

Good game everyone! And thanks wilwa for modding. Awesome premise as always!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:33 PM   #1089
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Good game all!! Especially Shasta. *hats off to you*

Sorry Zil for taking you down with me.

Fabulous game Wilwa, my darling.

Sally aren't you glad I know you so well
Old 04-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #1090
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Well, that was just brilliant, Shasta!

And Agan and Brinn, I'm sorry I was so unpleasant. It's just that I was getting awfully frustrated with you two.

By the way–

Exactly!

–So, it seems our gifteds all made good choices, but had rotten luck (eg. Nienna picked two wolves, but was hunting an ordo on the Night she died).
Yeah, I'm totally changing my sig to that. Probably my favorite quote of the game - I laughed hard when I read it.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #1091
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
You turd, you killed me! Thats okay, I've killed you before. xD

Thanks for hosting Wilwa, it was a fun game!

Great game everyone!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #1092
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
BWAHAHAHAHA! Hehe. ^_^

Blasted parking lot interwebs mean I can't hang out and snicker properly, but well done all!

Oh, and as a point of interest, first Night kill musings. I sent my fellows a PM that said something along the lines of "Okay, I don't know why, but I have the insane niggling that we have to kill Lommie, and we have to do it toNight." How nice it would have been to have Fea back! Also, Shasta and I had quite the conversation/polite argument over the first Night kill. I insisted that we had to kill Lottie (I TOLD YOU SO!) but we eventually agreed (since I seemed to be the only dissenter lol) to kill Boro to knock off Lottie's main supporter. Heh. Well....

I'm quite proud of my packmates. Poor Glirdan didn't get to do a whole lot, except for us screaming at each other in the thread, and poor Nog should have lasted much longer in my opinion. (Also, I second Shasta. I was almost positive Greenie dreamt him.) Legate was a brilliant addition to our lovely team, even if I didn't get to actually canoodle with him, and of course the ever-brilliant Shasta brought the win! Yay wolves! *nibbles Lottie's jugular some more*

Vanilwa Muffin, this was an insanely fun game both to read and to play in. Kudos!

(I'll try to say more later, but I've got church in the morning and I'm a few miles from home so I should get to bed.)
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #1093
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
As much as I hate to admit it, Shasta really deserved that one.

Vanilwuffin dearest, you were an excellent moddess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallysawolfie2005 View Post
*nibbles Lottie's jugular some more*
Heh. Hush, you.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 PM   #1094
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I insisted that we had to kill Lottie (I TOLD YOU SO!) but we eventually agreed (since I seemed to be the only dissenter lol) to kill Boro to knock off Lottie's main supporter. Heh. Well....
Ah, very wise decision, because everyone knows the key to a successful coup is not the main leading figurehead. The leader can always be replaced, you must take out their primary support first! Bravo, well played.

Shasta, you already know how I feel about this, more to come when it's not 1:30 am.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:14 AM   #1095
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Shasta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I ask one question: what on earth was that stuff about voting Legate?!? As a wolf I would never have come and got my fellow lynched on the very last minute if I had already voted and said I wouldn't be back - if I managed to come back, I'd just stare at the screen and hope for the best. Maybe that just proves you're a better wolf than I'd ever be.

Anyway, kudos to everybody for a wonderful game! I should've died after Nog though, I could've brought Greenie back and my track record would've remained quite excellent... Speaking of which, it's quite ironic I said "if Nog isn't a wolf, I'd look at Shasta because I'm quite sure Greenie dreamt one of them and found a wolf" - I never thought they would both be wolves...

And aww to Skip for protecting me. And I would totally have got crazy if I had died on Night2. I was thinking then that if I die and bring Fea back, it's about the most epic failure I could do... And I'm glad you didn't pick Nienna that Night...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:24 AM   #1096
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Uh-huh, guys, how come you have ever let that happen! Completely ignoring Shasta?

That said, congratulations to him! Splendidly done. Although I have to confess that even after my death I was still cheering more for the village to win, because I felt more like a villager than a Wolf. And I was not really very pleased with the idea of being a Cursed in the first place - I just think it unfair, not in the sense of disbalance or anything, but in the sense of being unfair towards the person. This far, I saw the Cursed only as a role possibly making things very confusing for the villagers, but after having a personal experience with it, I am never going to have a Cursed in my game. And I will likely avoid playing in ones which have that role.

It was a lovely game basically until that moment - I must say I was originally very, very frustrated, because I suddenly lost all motivation for the game. I *knew* Brinn and Agan (and Lommy and Lottie) were innocent, so the only person I could suspect with "clean conscience" was Nerwen and my previous strongest suspect, Shasta! (Not too strong, but the last remaining of the "possibly suspicious" people and with incredibly suspicious voting record. Honestly, at that point I did not believe he can make it either.) I could not really make my mind switch into the "Wolf-mode" overnight and I was really thinking of quitting at some point, but I felt the sense of duty - not just to the Wolves but also to the village, as to not make the Wolves say "well, it was unfair that the village won, as we should have had the Cursed with us, but he quit".

That said, Shasta probably did the best thing he could by attacking me. Had I been around, innocent and alive, he would be still on my list and at the least he could not slip by just completely unnoticed.

But yea, in the end, it was fun while it lasted. I even accepted the Cursed role sometime during the mid-second Day of my Wolvery. Not that it lasted long. But really, I don't understand how somebody could like getting that role.

In general, however, I must say the village did remarkably well - until certain point. And, oh woe, we should have had Greenie telling us her dreams. But I think the Gifteds did quite a good job in general to keep a low profile (myself, I have suspected skip to be a Ranger and also Lommy to be the Unicorn - which is what I told Shasta, and it turned out to be correct! - but it was rather hunches from me, no particular evidence. So at least as for killing skip, that was one part of what it's been based on). That said, Wolves, how was it with Greenie's death? Did you folks think she's the Seer and dreamed of Nog? Or was it just because of the threat to Nog? Or how was it?

And one last interesting experience, which I had thanks to the fact of being a Cursed but after my death still cheering for the village - I was reading the thread and how people try to analyse my Wolf-behavior and thinking all the time "read this! Read this! That was SO stupid move from me, SO transparent, pick on that! It's obviously fake!" Well, if nothing else, then that was an interesting - and rather unusual - experience of being the Cursed.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:35 AM   #1097
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
SHASTANIS ALTHREDUIN!!!!!
You. Are. Crazy.

I was like, "Yes Nerwen has been suspicious but she has also done things I don't think she would if she was a wolf, but then Shasta... He just can't be a wolf, it wouldn't make any sense whatsoever!" Well Shasta, I will never underestimate you again in the future...

Nerwen I'm sorry! I can imagine how annoying it is when I make cases like that against an innocent, but sometimes it has caught me wolves.

Also, sorry Brinn, although I don't think the outcome would've been much different if we had lynched Nerwen instead of you...

Now that I'm at it, I could also tell Inzil I'm sorry about going after you so relentlessly!

Anyway well played everybody and I was especially happy to have skip playing. You did really well for a newbie! Although I have a feeling you're going to be one of my constant suspects if we keep playing together...
It was nice to play with you too, winty! Let's hope you have more time next game.

And heck I should really play more... My wolf spotting record was abysmal. Well, I would have got more suspicious about Nog even if Greenie hadn't died, but not sure it would've been enough to lynch him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
But really, I don't understand how somebody could like getting that role.
*raises hand meekly*
Old 04-25-2010, 04:03 AM   #1098
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
*raises hand meekly*
Nah, that was all too obvious, I am not counting you (if you want to interpretate it positively, you are not just "somebody" ).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:18 AM   #1099
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So it was Shasta... Dammit, he was number one on my suspects list for some time. I knew or well thought he was just a little bit too slick to be true. Wish I'd had the confidence to make my case stronger. But well played Shasta. Was he ever in real danger of getting lynched?
Old 04-25-2010, 12:26 PM   #1100
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Shasta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I ask one question: what on earth was that stuff about voting Legate?!?
You can blame our resident newbie winty for that.

Here's the deal. I make it back, see that Nerwen has one more vote than Legate. Brinn was left to vote, and I knew she'd vote Nerwen, and I was banking on her holding her vote till the end like usual, so I hammered on Legate, knowing that Nerwen would vote Legate to save herself, but that Brinn's vote would come last, meaning that Nerwen would be lynched anyway. I was quite proud of myself until I scroll back up and see not just Nerwen's vote, which I expected, but a vote out of nowhere from winty as well. I think I threw something at that point.

It seems to have worked out pretty well, though.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 04-25-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Misspelling.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:29 PM   #1101
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
SHASTANIS ALTHREDUIN!!!!!
You. Are. Crazy.
Glad you think so. Once Nog bit it, I knew that was exactly what I was going to have to do.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #1102
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Did you folks think she's the Seer and dreamed of Nog? Or was it just because of the threat to Nog? Or how was it?
Nog gets most of the credit for that one. He was positive Greenie was the Seer and dreamt of him. (Silly me... I wanted to get her lynched. ) After discussing, we decided to kill her even though we knew it would probably mean Nog's death on the morrow.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #1103
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Shasta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can I ask one question: what on earth was that stuff about voting Legate?!? As a wolf I would never have come and got my fellow lynched on the very last minute if I had already voted and said I wouldn't be back - if I managed to come back, I'd just stare at the screen and hope for the best. Maybe that just proves you're a better wolf than I'd ever be.
Heh, heh, heh. I asked him the same thing. He didn't expect Legate to actually be lynched, so he was just doing it for appearance, blah blah. Obviously he'd explain it better than me, but yeah. He didn't do it on purpose.

*hugs poor Legate* Wilwa told me everything upon my death except who the cursed was (because that was her little secret....hehe) so when you got turned I nearly died of shock.

Love you too, Lottie.

*snuggles Boro the Birthday Boy*

ETA: x'd with many a Shasta. Whoops. Lol and you also cursed, like a lot. A lot.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #1104
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Final narration is up.

Thanks again to everyone for playing!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #1105
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
But really, I don't understand how somebody could like getting that role.
...actually I quite enjoyed being Candy the Cursed Cobbler in Sally's game. I had a lot of fun with it (especially with being a dreamed known wolf).
Old 04-26-2010, 06:53 AM   #1106
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I voted Shasta... I voted a wolf almost every time... I'm proud of myself

go wolves, Shasta you did an excellent job overall.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:05 AM   #1107
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Nice wolf-spotting indeed, Morsul– and sorry I had to vote you!
Old 04-26-2010, 07:26 AM   #1108
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
No Don't worry about that!

I Voted myself: A- to trap someone(And Shasta was First to vote me!.. So it worked HA I just voted wrong that day)

and B- If I was lynched I'd be out of the way and no be the one to lose the game for everyone
Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #1109
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Thumbs up

Hats off to Shasta the wolf! That was just absolutely fabulous!

And my god how effective the village was before he was left alone! (well then again, we didn't play the best game possible either, to be honest)

Quote:
Wolves, how was it with Greenie's death? Did you folks think she's the Seer and dreamed of Nog? Or was it just because of the threat to Nog? Or how was it?
The problem was that she was openly convnced that me and Glirdy were wolves - as we were - but her reasons were flimsy indeed. So she had to be the seer and we were screwed. But we had to take her down to save Shasta being dreamt of as well. And then I could always try to make a fight for myself (even if we made a deal Shasta should not back away from getting me lynched).

Oh the irony, she told me today she had just come up with a totally random suspicion of me to look a bit odd as to save herself from the wolves' attention making herself a possible lynch-candidate later and so not woth Night-killing)...

So funnily the case I made for Greenie not having dreamt of me the next Day was actually exactly correct - even if I didn't know it myself back then. So you villagers were lucky not to listen to the words of actual wisdom and truth about the matter...

When I realised my chances of survival were pretty thin I started to build up as believable case against Shasta to make it look like I was really trying to get him lynched (happily a few of you helped me in that making him a possible lynch-candidate). That way I hoped I could add a little more credibility to his innocence. Maybe it was not totally in vain in the end?

Yeah. A fun game indeed! Thanks everyone!

And kudos to Wilwa! You did a great job! And finally got to narrate a whole game even if it looked pretty bad after the first few Days.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:13 PM   #1110
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Okay, so once again, I say we vote Lottie out of the tribe!!

And I must apologize to everyone for my lack of participation on my last Day, but I had previous engagements that Day that I had completely forgotten about...which is terribly upsetting for me as Nog, Shasta and I had a plan to confuse the living crap out of you all

Anyways, good game to all, and especially great game to Shasta.

And of course, lovely modding by my bestie!! Lots of love Wilwa!!

PS: LOVED my death
Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #1111
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Okay, so once again, I say we vote Lottie out of the tribe!!
++Lottie

I assume by out of the tribe you mean you are going to make me the resident awesome foriegn-person.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:14 PM   #1112
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
And of course, lovely modding by my bestie!! Lots of love Wilwa!!

PS: LOVED my death
Yes, that one did turn out quite fun. I really liked writing all of them!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:23 AM   #1113
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Wow, well done Shasta, you managed to scrape a glorious victory for the wolf team even though the earliest Days didn't exactly promise a baddie victory!
Wilwa, thanks so much for modding, it was a great and eventful game, the best possible for playing after a while's absence from the 'Downs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Edit: And what do you mean, Greenie never dreamt of Nog?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Oh the irony, she told me today she had just come up with a totally random suspicion of me to look a bit odd as to save herself from the wolves' attention making herself a possible lynch-candidate later and so not woth Night-killing)...
It wasn't totally random, I had this funny feeling that you might be a wolf. I just exaggerated it a bit. But generally my tactic was to avoid getting Night-killed by seeming somewhat suspicious all the time - not enough to get myself lynched, though. I managed that quite neatly, too, until I picked the wrong target for my flimsy accusations... And of course it was just my luck to dream of a wolf the Night I was killed. But at least I can congratulate myself on getting a wolf down, even if I never even dreamed of that particular one! Mwaha.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:00 AM   #1114
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

And again, how much I'd love to be a fly on the House of Nog's wall during times like these.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #1115
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
And again, how much I'd love to be a fly on the House of Nog's wall during times like these.
If you were a fruit-fly I'd just make a trap for you from fruits or wine, and if you were a regular fly I'd just roll a newspaper...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #1116
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Woo, I can finally catch up!

First, wilwa, awesome game theme, I expected nothing less coming from you and just shamed that I had to die so early. This meant that after about Day 3, I couldn't keep up with it. Still, great fun.

Lottie that one day of PMs were just fabulous. It was interesting being the calm and tempered one of the two of us, because that is soooo usually not me. I thought a bit of balance was needed, and afterall we made a great team. We got locked onto Sally and Glirdan...so I was wrong about Greenie and you were wrong about Agan. Big deal.

Poor wolves had almost everything go against them at the beginning, even when getting the seer, it cost them Nogrod. Shasta turns Legate, next day he's dead. But alas, Shasta does it again! Well done.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #1117
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
If you were a fruit-fly I'd just make a trap for you from fruits or wine, and if you were a regular fly I'd just roll a newspaper...
Meep.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #1118
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Lottie that one day of PMs were just fabulous. It was interesting being the calm and tempered one of the two of us, because that is soooo usually not me. I thought a bit of balance was needed, and afterall we made a great team. We got locked onto Sally and Glirdan...so I was wrong about Greenie and you were wrong about Agan. Big deal.
Heh. Yeah, I doubt if "calm and tempered" has ever been used to describe me. And Shasta said that acting irrational was uncommon for me!

That one last hour when we were trying *not* to get me killed...now that was interesting.