The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2010, 07:36 PM   #841
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Haha fiiiiiine. Legate is Other Guy and Zil is Elrohir.

I was actually accused a few Days ago of modeling Elrohir's appearance after Shasta!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:38 PM   #842
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Children, children... You leave my sight for a few hours and you mass murder? Lovely.

I win too.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:40 PM   #843
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Haha fiiiiiine. Legate is Other Guy and Zil is Elrohir.
Ohhhhh! That explains so much.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #844
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
There was another modfire after you made that threat?

I still think I shouldn't've been killed. I WAS an innocent.

I'm sorry I killed you, Sally. It's the only thing I regret in this game, really.

Yeah, who are the other elves?

-- Foley
Old 09-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #845
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Inzil was guilty? Okay, so, yeah, that's another thing I regret. He had me hoodwinked.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:46 PM   #846
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
There was another modfire after you made that threat?
Celuien. I briefly contemplating calling it quits the moment I got that PM since everybody playing my game was either getting freakishly ill all of a sudden (ex: Mira, me, etc) or ended up freakishly allergic to things (ex: me, Sally, Boro, etc) or completely freakishly overwhelmed with life/work (ex: Glirdy and Celuien) or dead interwebs (ex: Noggins and Greenie, very nearly me)...

I really think this was the most cursed game in BD history.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #847
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Inzil was guilty? Okay, so, yeah, that's another thing I regret. He had me hoodwinked.
See why lynching everyone was a good idea? I know it was over the top, but we won, didn't we? (Yes, we did win, people. That's how the game works. I assume the mods are just kidding us.)
Old 09-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #848
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Anyway, thanks for the game, Fea and Ni! It's a pity it was marred by the Terrible Elven Curse of Doom... Still, the narrations were cool.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #849
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The narrations were amazing! Seriously, best. Ever.

Also, fail!me failed. Epically. Sorry, packmates.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #850
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
At least I worked my magic on one person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Also, fail!me failed. Epically. Sorry, packmates.
Worry not, Ms. New Fenris. Fail on my part as well, packmates. We did the best we could; at least we killed the Seer. Sorry about voting Greenie for the lynch, but I couldn't have stopped it. At best I could have tied her with Nerwen, but that would no doubt have led to my swift demise the next Day.

Good teamwork from the Orcish sde. I was briefly optimistic after we actually guessed correctly and got Mira, but I saw no way out of the voting plan. We couldn't oppose it without blatantly appearing suspicious.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #851
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I assume the mods are just kidding us.)
We're not.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #852
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
I really think this was the most cursed game in BD history.
For my part, this game from the beginning coincided with a confluence of unlikely RL events (mostly work related) that led not only to low participation from me, but also to my not really having my head in the game.
Once again, sorry mates.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:32 PM   #853
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

As a sidenote, I had this one really sad moment last night when I realized that without Pitchwife playing, I'd never be able to make any proper PitchPhorc jokes...

Also, it downright delighted me that an double-ordo double-lynch was orchestrated singularly by ordos. If the orcs hadn't drank the kool-aid toDay, I really do believe the elfie baby wockies would have won the day.

Oh, and though he might want to reveal this himself, I'm taking it from him because I'm proud of his epic-ness: the Night Noggles got ninjaed? He'd sent me a woeful PM saying that all of his suspicions had failed him and that starting first thing in the Morning he was going to be going after Greenie and Legate. So good on you, Elvsies, for killing him when you did, otherwise I really doubt you'd have made it as far.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #854
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
See why lynching everyone was a good idea?
I'm pretty stubborn, so nope, I'm afraid I don't quite see it that way. I'd like to argue it, but I think that would make you mad at me, and I would just be arguing because it's a good debate, not because I'm actually upset. Now that's it's done with, I'm not mad or anything. I just don't agree...lol

Quote:
We're not.
And, see? It didn't work anyway.

Fea, I'm sorry people kept dropping out of your game. That would have been extraordinarily vexing. I kind of know the feeling, though, with RPGs these days. *sigh*

It was a blast, folks. I won't be able to play again until the end of this semester, I don't think.

-- Folworc
Old 09-25-2010, 09:45 PM   #855
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
We're not.
Okay, but I'm claiming it as a village victory– which it was according to the actual way WW works. And I'm going to list it as such in my stats. If you wanted to declare it impossible for any players to win, you should have done that when Cel dropped out.

Besides, it's not our fault people had to quit. It's just bad luck. Come on, Fea, don't be a spoilsport.

Last edited by Nerwen; 09-25-2010 at 09:51 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #856
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
And, see? It didn't work anyway.
Yes, it did. It's a victory according to the normal rules of werewolf.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #857
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Mmm, delicious kool-aid.

And I knew Legate was an Elf!

Thanks for hosting, Fea/Ni, and awesome doodles, Fea. <3
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #858
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
I was actually accused a few Days ago of modeling Elrohir's appearance after Shasta!
Wait, when was this?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 09-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #859
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Wait, when was this?
From Noggles in a PM. It's the hair, I think.
Old 09-26-2010, 02:53 AM   #860
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Thumbs up

HA!

We won! I'm not even sad by being completely fooled by Legate because I got my epic bloodbath suggestion thorugh and a victory to the village.

Also, happy to have caught Zil.

I liked this game a lot, thanks everybody, especially the moddessess. <3 I'm sorry to have been a part of bringing such a quick end to it, but at least now this game won't mess up my RL schedules anymore...

PS. Dear Moddessess, don't sulk, you just shouldn't have allowed either splitting the votes or multiple lynches (which I dislike anyway). That's why we won it so easily this time...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:11 AM   #861
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ah well, I guess there was no way to stop that one... a slight downside of unlimited multi-lynches, I'd say (that goes also for the opposite, for instance if it happened that all SoE got into the Rep position and decided to wipe out nine villagers plus one at Night). Experiments need checking for balance, I know it also from personal experience... Nonetheless! This was really fun game, and I especially liked my pack. Thanks, Inzil (good cooperation!), Greenie (brave, how unfortunate ending!) and Lottie (what a pity you couldn't last longer!). And what I liked a lot was that I managed to generally refrain from being suspected, in fact, all of us mostly did. Ah, what an unfortunate turn of events. Although, I must say, catching the Seer was giving us nightmares, right, Zil? One of the most memorable parts of the game was probably going through endless options on the Night when Mira was killed. (And that same Night, I actually concluded that phorc has to be OoUA! It was his attempt to "Seer-contact" somebody - we of course knew that the OoUA has sided with the village - and then, I have concluded that his "Orcs are baddies" was his way of interpretating the game, as the only thing that didn't make sense for me was that Phantom would not have joined the Wolves - I would have expected the OoUA to join the SoE "for sport" and also because they were baddies, and then I thought that the problem was that the "Wolves" were not baddies in this game, so perhaps that...)

Anyway, it was enjoyable, hats off to Shasta for good spotting and to Nerwen for keeping her identity tactically so well... and to everybody else, it was really nice. Except for the ending (I must say, I really think game-wise it was a bit lame, regardless of the side I was on. Although in a way, if the game continued, I am not sure if the ending would have been more spectacular. On the other hand, narration-wise, what ending could possibly have been more Orc-like than everybody killing each other, eh?)

And thanks for the game to Fea and Ni, for giving us a Rep game after some time again, and for putting a new fresh wind into the way of making narrations
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:20 AM   #862
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Hey, good job everyone! Mass lynching hasn't happened in quite a while, it's very fun!

Great job Ni and Fea!!! Thanks for a great game, and wonderful narrations!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #863
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

You know, really, since only ordos were dropping out, it really made the game a lot tighter there at the end. So the fact that the village won really says something. We lost quite a big number of people.

It was a really good game. Fea, your narations cracked me up. Thanks for allowing me to join you all.

I had a dream last night where Boro started a game that he was narating and I had already agreed to play in his game...it really worried me, because I knew I didn't have time for it, but I thought I had to play since I'd already agreed. But it wasn't the only strange dream I had last night.

-- Foley
Old 09-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #864
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legelf
Except for the ending (I must say, I really think game-wise it was a bit lame, regardless of the side I was on.
Nonsense! We made history! You should feel privileged to have taken part in the Great Werewolf Massacre of 2010. Though I admit it was possibly a little more fun for those of us doing the actual massacring.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:17 PM   #865
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Nonsense! We made history! You should feel privileged to have taken part in the Great Werewolf Massacre of 2010. Though I admit it was possibly a little more fun for those of us doing the actual massacring.
I'll agree with this statement. The actual massacring was the best part.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:36 PM   #866
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
That sure was a surprising ending!!! Go orcs go! *is proud of his orc-companions*

Yeah, I really ended up with the wrong theory... I was thinking that Sally was the seer and she had dreamt of phantom on the first Night. It actually made sense (even after close-reading Sally's posts early on D1) and explained how they both acted... and gave me total frustration when everyone was asking why I insisted on the seer to check them (he-he, I thought there was a pretty nice flavour there, especially looking at what happened the next Night) - and that's also the reason why I tried to downplay the importance of checking them by lynching - as not to make the elves too interested.

And yes, I was going to go for Greenie and Legate the next Day... They had made me quite nervous all the time and when my previous theory went tumbling down I thought I could have been up to something with their voting and all too careful defence of Lottie. But clearly, toying with the seer issue was not only brave but also (too) dangerous to me...

But hey, it was a fun game! And I especially loved the cartoon narations! (Correct: I found one of the elves disturbingly Shasta-looklike! )

Thanks everyone for the game and congrats to the winners (Fea & Nienna)!
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:51 PM   #867
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
As a sidenote, I had this one really sad moment last night when I realized that without Pitchwife playing, I'd never be able to make any proper PitchPhorc jokes...

Sorry for that! I'd have loved to play in this game (the idea and the makeup of the village were very tempting), but I've sort of made it a rule not to play two in a row anymore in order to avoid WW taking over my life (talk about fighting the long defeat, I guess). Still, I followed the game with one eye - it was a highly entertaining murder mystery/polit thriller, and your narrations were absolutely lovely!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:28 PM   #868
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!! NINE-PERSON LYNCH!!!

Don't you just love making history?

So Nerwen was the Special!Orc. I thought she might be after that first day where she didn't take any sides as far as individuals were concerned. The only problem was I was operating under the notion that Special!Orc would have for certain chosen to be with the Elves due to an Elf getting lynched the first day. So then when she was buddy-buddy with Shasta I was rather worried it was Special!Orc and Elf teaming up. Ah well...

At the least I can say I was correctly after Greenie-Inzil, and my read on Steve's Day 2 voting was spot on. As far as feeling Legate to be guilty, it was less gut than it was just seeing a couple of familiar Phantomish things from him (my explanation of his Rep vote, for instance- I just felt that if he was an Elf his behavior would make perfect sense to me). So Legate- be extremely afraid, because that says to me that on many levels you must actually think like me!

(And I bet Lommy just loves that.)

Speaking of Lommy, I never did completely totally trust her. And then after I wasn't killed for pretending to be the Seer the night Mira was killed, that only made it more certain that I couldn't let Lommy off the hook, nor Rune, but less so (but I was confident I was right about Kath in my fake Seer ruse).

Had I been limited to one in the lynching, Inzil would've been my choice, but as far as lynching Legate the next day it would have depended upon who the other Reps were and which way the vote was going etc. I would've voted him before Steve or Kath or Foley, but Lommy and Rune were still on the platter.

Lottie was a nice spot of luck, naturally, and I'm glad that of my first day voters she was the one who got the axe, as Sally was the more likely Seer of the first two, while the final voter (Mira) was the real Seer! Which, by the way, is one reason I promised not to vote for anyone who voted for me because being who I am I just naturally assumed that there was around a 90% chance that I was dreamed of the first night and that the Seer could very well vote me as Rep on Day 1.

Self-centered, yeah yeah yeah, I know, but hey- it happened, didn't it? You can't blame me for assuming something when it comes true like that! (And the same thing happened in the last one of these Rep games too!)

And Nog, matey- well done!! You did what I could not- get yourself Night-killed. I was seriously jealous the night you got offed. "Well crap, Nog totally did a better job than me!"

And is the rumor true- Fea-Nienna are going to provide cartoon death scenes for every single future game of Werewolf? Because that's what I heard. From everyone. And BW said if it doesn't happen then he's shutting down the site. Yep. Seriously.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:17 AM   #869
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
And is the rumor true- Fea-Nienna are going to provide cartoon death scenes for every single future game of Werewolf? Because that's what I heard. From everyone. And BW said if it doesn't happen then he's shutting down the site. Yep. Seriously.
I would highly approve of this.
Old 09-30-2010, 12:03 PM   #870
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I'll likely do it for my own games. Glad everyone liked the idea.