The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2012, 04:04 AM   #561
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
You're kidding me. Pitch? Honestly? You were the one I was quite positive wasn't a wolf. Anyway, kudos to you 4, you did an amazing job! As well as kudos to our two Seers who more or less swung the game for us - I don't think we'd have stood a chance against a wolf pack of Nog-Boro-Shasta-Pitch!
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #562
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
The Eye

"This is nothing but a great opportunity for the village, " said Inziladun, when it was found that Lommy had, by some mysterious agency, survived the night. "Now, if only we had some idea of who the spies might be..."

"Here. Let me help you out." Guard-lieutenant Shastanis Althreduin, his face grim and set, stepped forward. "I am a spy! There is no way, I see, for us to win– so let us die with glory!"

"Seize him!" the others cried, rushing forward. "Tear him limb from limb! Throw him to the serpents! Skin him alive!"

"Nay," said Shasta, glaring at them with such pride and fierceness that they fell back in dismay. "Ye shall not slay me, dogs of Southrons! For Gondor!"

And he threw himself on his sword.

"Shasta!" gasped he who had called himself Captain Pitchwife of Umbar, running to the dying man's side. "My last comrade shall not die alone!" He turned the gaze of a cornered wolf on the assembled Haradrim. "Do your worst, minions of Mordor!"

But when the others finally gathered up the courage to lay hands on the false Corsair, he neither spoke nor moved, merely gazed straight ahead with fixed eyes that even now were lightening to uncanny Númenórean grey. Lommy examined him and declared that he was dead on his feet.

"If's almost as if he just...willed himself to die..." she said in wonder, making the protective sign of the Serpent.

This fearful portent (as many took it to be) cast a momentary shadow over the company, but this was lifted as they beheld the longed-for sight of the last two spies transforming in death into their true, hateful shapes, and realised the struggle was over.

"Finally," Sally proclaimed, "She Who Now Walks Among the Gods has been avenged! All Hail Acolyte Thinlómien, Saviour of the South!"

Great was the rejoicing that day, greater still the next when all the populace flocked to see the triumphal parade. Trumpets played, guards in jewelled armoured marched, sorcerers performed dazzling displays of magical pyrotechnics and Pomegranate and A Little Green led troops of slave-girls in a succession of graceful and intricate dances, while Lommy herself rode down the Imperial Avenue in a gilded howdah mounted on the back of a white mûmak. Even Lottie was allowed to give a public demonstration of her magical skills, and, for once, nobody was more than mildly singed. (The only frown to be seen was on the face of Treasurer Inziladun, who had to keep an eye on expenses.)

Magnificent as the celebrations were, they were eclipsed altogether by those held shortly afterward when Thinlómien the Glorious, Saviour of the South, mounted the Serpent Throne as the newly-crowned Empress of Harad!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Living
Sally –Messenger girl.
Pomegranate –Entertainer.
A Little Green –The Empress's favourite snake-charmer.
Lottie –Accident-prone sorcerer's apprentice.
Inziladun –Minister of the Treasury.
Lommy! –Court physician.

Dead
The Empress of Harad. Mod. –assassinated in her sleep.
Bom Tombadillo –Greatly afflicted beggar. Ordo. –multiple stab wounds.
Eruhen –Court eunuch. Ordo. –burned to death on the Empress's funeral pyre.
Rikae –Empress's handmaiden. Royal Executioner. –garotted with own wire.
Nogrod –Camel and coffee trader. Spy. –poisoned with own merchandise.
Galadriel55 –Professional assassin. Captain of the Guard. –neck broken in stairwell fight.
Legate of Amon Lanc –Legate of Khand. Ordo. –crushed to death by an enormous waggon.
Steve –Court Jester (from Umbar). Envoy of Morder. –sliced up by the spies on Night Four.
Boromir88 –Wealthy mûmak breeder. Spy. Trampled by own mûmakil.
Shasta –Particularly attentive guard-lieutenant. Spy. Threw himself on his sword.
Pitchwife –Captain in the "Provisional Royal Númenórean Navy" and emissary of Angamaitë IX, Lord of Umbar. Spy. Chose death by the grace granted of old to the Men of Westernesse.

Village wins! Acolyte wins!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:46 AM   #563
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Sorry, wolves – I was trying to get a balance between making the game winnable for the Acolyte, without making it impossible for whatever side she *didn't* choose, but I think I erred on the side of the first. I just never expected Lommy would get the whole village on side so easily once she came out.
Like Boro said, she was so specific about the details that it was highly unlikely she made all that up. Maybe we could have tried to use the fact that she was still alive on Day 5 to discredit her, if the narration hadn't made it clear that we'd tried to kill her and failed... or maybe the village would have seen through it.

Anyway, it still was an interesting game. Initially, the adding of a mysterious secret role was a gift of god to us wolves, and Eruhen's unexplained death another; in the end, it was our downfall, but who knows - if Eönwë hadn't dreamed Lommy in his last Night, or hadn't cleared Zil, who knows how things might have gone? With experimental roles and rules, it's next to impossible to foresee every situation that may arise, but that doesn't mean it's not fun to try them out.

Also, the setting was a nice idea, and I loved your narrations (especially when you quoted verbatim from our kill PMs, but the rest as well). Thanks for modding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
You're kidding me. Pitch? Honestly? You were the one I was quite positive wasn't a wolf.
It's been a pleasure to reciprocate for the many times you fooled me in the past.
Quote:
As well as kudos to our two Seers who more or less swung the game for us - I don't think we'd have stood a chance against a wolf pack of Nog-Boro-Shasta-Pitch!
I must admit we were almost a little sorry for the village on Night 1, but the Gods punished our hubris.
I echo the kudos to the Seers (Eönwë, was that your first time seering? If
so, fine debut!), but the rest of the village shouldn't sell themselves short either. Good game, everyone!
Old 03-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #564
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
Btw Zil, my friend, you are a major pain in the neck when you're on the other side. (In other words, well played.)
Thanks! That's always my goal when I'm innocent, but it doesn't always work out that way.

For the wolves, you lot were a most fearful pack. What a combination! If Steve hadn't gotten Nog in a dream, I think the outcome could have been substantially different. I'm just glad we didn't lynch our Seer. T'was a near thing.

And thanks for the game, Nerwen. Amazing narrations.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:07 AM   #565
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Good game, everyone!

Nerwen, I loved your narrations! Thanks!

Wolves - well done! Still! After that fatal Night with no kill I was kinda hoping you'd win regardless of the no-kill, as unpatriotic as that sounds.

Seers - I second/third/whatever the kudos! *applauds*

On D2 I was most annoyed with myself, because on N2 I was debating whether to protect Rikae and Greenie, and chose Greenie.

So what happened to Eruhen? Nerwen foresaw the debate about the alcolyte's involvement in the narration:

Quote:
This was generally held to be a most touching act of loyalty, though there were those who, claiming to have seen a shadow moving on the curtain behind him, firmly believed he had been pushed.

There was one thing Shasta said that made me laugh, because of it's double meaning (and that was way before the wolf-reveal):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Well, that makes me feel a little better about myself.
Identity crisis?

Edit: xed with Zil

Quote:
For the wolves, you lot were a most fearful pack.
Seconded!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:18 AM   #566
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
So what happened to Eruhen? Nerwen foresaw the debate about the alcolyte's involvement in the narration:
Quote:
his was generally held to be a most touching act of loyalty, though there were those who, claiming to have seen a shadow moving on the curtain behind him, firmly believed he had been pushed.
Eruhen was modfired by request. I asked him to keep quiet about it.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 AM   #567
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Anyway, it still was an interesting game. Initially, the adding of a mysterious secret role was a gift of god to us wolves, and Eruhen's unexplained death another; in the end, it was our downfall, but who knows - if Eönwë hadn't dreamed Lommy in his last Night, or hadn't cleared Zil, who knows how things might have gone? With experimental roles and rules, it's next to impossible to foresee every situation that may arise, but that doesn't mean it's not fun to try them out.
And if Lommy herself hadn't dreamed Boro– or if she'd lost the toss last Night, or if you and Shasta had hung on a bit, and she'd chosen your side– you never know, she might have taken pity on you...

Still, as I said, the way things played out, it ended being quite weighted against your side at the end, and I regret that.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #568
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
Indeed, I did ask to be modfired. As I stated several times on Day 1, real life kept getting in the way. I would have loved to stay around, though, and great game to everyone.

I about died laughing on Day 2 watching you guys scramble around because of the narration of She Who Walks Among the Stars. Great job, Nerwen!
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #569
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruhen View Post
Indeed, I did ask to be modfired. As I stated several times on Day 1, real life kept getting in the way. I would have loved to stay around, though, and great game to everyone.

I about died laughing on Day 2 watching you guys scramble around because of the narration of She Who Walks Among the Stars. Great job, Nerwen!
Hmph. And I had to spend all the next Day repeating that I wasn't responsible.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #570
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
No worries, Nerwen, as Pitch said, we can't foresee how experimental roles play out...it really swung the balance against us in the end, but I hardly played my best as a wolf and at the start of the game, if anything the wolves had an advantage.

After Lommy wasn't killed, I was rather sad, because it pretty much ruined my only reason for rolling over quickly, and I thought then I probably should have fought Lommy harder. When I said I was out of it/exhausted on Day 1, I meant it . And after becoming so focused on Legate (who I told the rest of the pack I shouldn't have given him that lead on me last time I was a wolf, because he can spot me right off the bat now), I wasn't at all prepared to fight Lommy. And after basically the majority of innocents were declaring "I'm inclined to believe Lommy, because there's no reason she would be a wolf and do this," I wasn't going to argue...sorry dear. I figured dying would make Shasta and Pitch look good, and if I fought it would have exposed them, so why do it when they can just kill Lommy at night?

Anyways, once Lommy declared the acolyte for the village, it was a rather impossible situation. But that might not have ever happened, and it's not like we wolves, as brilliantly as we worked on the kills to get rid of gifteds, couldn't have played better during the day phase. I certainly could have played better. It wasn't the acolyte or game mechanics, it was simply a really tough group of villagers who made finding suspicions against them difficult. At the start, we were keeping Legate and Inzil alive for as long as possible since having the attention on them was working for us...but then Eonwe had to reveal Inzil innocent, and that forced us to lynch Legate. That night we really struggled figuring out who we could make look suspicious, because, we had to kill Eonwe and so couldn't make anyone look bad from the night kill, and everyone else was looking oooohhh sooo innocent.

And a couple more things to point out...

I didn't notice this at first, but it's hilarious in how ironic it is, because I'm responding to Pitch about Lommy's "90% innocent comment"

Quote:
She means Shasta looks innocent, not me.

Silly Lommy, should have let me keep yapping away, I probably could have handed to you my spy-mates. But now. I'm staying zip.
What do you know about me? I have no problem bussing packmates. I was fully prepared to do it to Shasta that day (but you of course thought I was lynching an innocent Shasta)...but once you revealed about me, no way was I going to help in wolf-lynching. And funny to me (completely unintented, just a reactionary comment) how I respond to Pitch, and in talking about Shasta say "I could have handed to you my spy-mates" haha

I don't have the pms anymore, but the first night we had a kill choice...no joke. I clarified Rikae's hint about the coyote/wabbit and how I thought she was the hunter, so now would probably be the best chance to get rid of the hunter if we didn't think we could find the seer. With our pack make-up, finding the seer was our priority...well Shasta, in his brilliant psychicness pointed out there was something unusual (as in the "possible gifted" sense) about Eonwe and G55. And he wouldn't be surprised if they were the seer and ranger. haha, And there, had we gone with Eonwe, instead of Rikae, things might have turned out differently.

Pom, don't hate me...well ok, it's acceptable to hate me within the context of WW, because it's completely silly to trust me so quickly and easily. But outside of WW, please don't hate me, a person can not help when they are told "be furry."
Old 03-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #571
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Haha. There you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Psychic Shasta-Wolf in a PM N2
Oddly enough, something is pushing me to kill Eonwe and G55. It's probably nothing, though.
There's no denying that man is a psychic (before that quoted part he agrees with us others who wished to kill Rikae for being the hunter)...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #572
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Agree with everyone. It was fun, it was more than a little chaotic, Eru's mysterious death made this game in a different way exciting than many of the games I've played since we were all completely off the lead. Or, well, who more who less.

Boro: I won't hate you On the first day, though, were you actually lost or was playing nice part of some strategy?

Greenie: I seriously hope I will never play in a game where you are a wolf. You are unreadable.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:05 PM   #573
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Boro: I won't hate you On the first day, though, were you actually lost or was playing nice part of some strategy?
I really was exhausted, since that day I was running mostly on caffeine and not a healthy amount of sleep by any means.

But last time I was a wolf, and Legate was in the game (I think it was Shasta's Misty Mountains game). Legate went after me for the same reasons, and afterwards I told him don't stop pursuing that lead (of me being nicer when evil ). I really don't know how I give it away, and I was trying to fix it for this game, because I told the pack that Legate knew my honey-coated wolvish behavior quite well. I think it's just an unconscious vibe I give away, and don't intend. Innocent-me, I don't care what happens to me, night-kill me, lynch me, trust me, I don't care I'm going to annoy people and just hopefully it's the wolves. Wolf-me, tries very hard not to be suspected.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:10 PM   #574
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Haha. There you go.
There's no denying that man is a psychic (before that quoted part he agrees with us others who wished to kill Rikae for being the hunter)...
-points at signature-

Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #575
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Risking being disrespectful in your tragic moment - I have to ask now that I know who you all are - was your strategy to be as much wolf-on-wolf as possible without outright trying to get each other killed? It worked really nicely.
I don't think it was that much doing it to the utmost as such, but well, playing in a way we would be hard to connect to each other... and well, without the host of seers it might even have worked.

But one must remember - as some others already have - to give kudos for the seers from their picks. I mean even if this was the second time I was a wolf with Boro, and on both occasions we have been busted by the seer(s) and thus felt a bit frustrated about it happening again, the seer had all the choices to make and made the correct ones.

Quote:
my specific favourite, half of the village's fixation that Inzil was the acolyte. I still don't get where that came from!
I might have had something to do with that, from D1 onwards and specifically on D2. I was actually thinking he might be it myself (all this "I'm being cryptic" -stuff), but I had no problems in making it look like I was confident and having good reasons for it - in case the Acolyte was not on our side (he basically couldn't be on our side considering we already had 4 wolves in a village of 16) but could be lynched for possibly being on our side (Eruhen's death was such a kick of luck there!).

Thank's mates for a great game, even if it was short on my behalf.

And thank's for all the Haradians for making this a really interesting one. I mean for a long time even D1 was actually playing the game and not only bantering or checking oneself in and out. The next time someone says D1's are not fun, or help us in no way, or can be "skipped over" without an effort, should be directed to this game (among a few others).

And finally a deep bow to Nerwen for a great storyline, first-class narrations - and the courage to try an imaginative new role. New roles are always fun and add to the game.

Don't take the ending too much to yourself Nerwen. New roles can end up in unforeseen ways... (like the "secret Night-killer on the good side" I had in my game years ago - who could kill someone during the Night if he wished - and single-handedly killed the wolves more or less like that... )

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-01-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:55 PM   #576
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
It was a splendid game, despite some hard time of understanding between some innocents (I thought people do know by this time that the phrase "Legate 180" which you have made up yourselves comes from the moment when I was innocent). And it was especially nice for me to play after some break (since autumn, I think). Well played, everyone - I think I am not exaggerating if I say that people on all sides really played to the best of their abilities this time. It was a tough one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Sorry, wolves – I was trying to get a balance between making the game winnable for the Acolyte, without making it impossible for whatever side she *didn't* choose, but I think I erred on the side of the first. I just never expected Lommy would get the whole village on side so easily once she came out.
I have been thinking about it (after I died and Lommy told me about her new role) and I think it wasn't that unbalanced. It was really just that the set of coincidences ended up in all cases in the best way for the village. But there were things which could have failed on the line so many times - wrong dream, disbelief from the village's side, even up to Lommy being lynched... She was also very careful not to say anything that would raise too many eyebrows. I mean, if she had said "and btw, Wolves can't probably kill me at Night also", the village would surely have started being a bit more suspicious about her claim. Not to speak of more things she could have said. In general, yes, I think the Acolyte could have been somehow less powerful - it was basically a huge boost to whichever side she'd choose to be on - but I can't honestly think of a way to make it still equally possible for her to win the game while giving her less powers.

Quote:
You're kidding me. Pitch? Honestly? You were the one I was quite positive wasn't a wolf. Anyway, kudos to you 4, you did an amazing job! As well as kudos to our two Seers who more or less swung the game for us - I don't think we'd have stood a chance against a wolf pack of Nog-Boro-Shasta-Pitch!
Eexactly my words. I mean, of the four, I think Pitch would be among the last people I'd leave alive in the village, if it was up to me, maybe along with Sally and Lottie - and maybe I'd even let Sally go before him. I was quite suspicious of Boro (who however managed to get off the village's hook) and Shasta (who almost managed the same after my death, which I don't really understand; what was the village thinking? Later the topic of the Day was the Acolyte's dream, of course, but still, starting the Day by saying that Shasta is basically cleared...) And all the Bom-proposals... Shasta, was it really your plan to make us all who said "we hate random votes" to vote him, or was it supposed to be originally just your own, private excuse for your own vote?

I was at least capable of suspecting Nog (unlike in Pitch's case), even though I pretty much trusted him initially... more so than Eönwë... once again, sorry for that disbelief!!! But let this truly be a lesson to everyone, if you are convinced of someone's guilt, you really aren't looking left and right, especially if they out of the blue come with the claim that they are the Seer, you're just "oh no, seriously? Don't be silly...").

Quote:

Quite so. I think such a plot device is very good and I'd have nothing against it being used more often.
But see, I said so! At least something I was right about in this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Hmph. And I had to spend all the next Day repeating that I wasn't responsible.
Indeed! The claim "Inzil is the Acolyte - the EVIL Acolyte - who killed Eruhen!" was the most ridiculous stretch I have ever seen in the whole WW history!!!

Quote:
Haha. There you go.
Eek... totally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
Greenie: I seriously hope I will never play in a game where you are a wolf. You are unreadable.
Yes. You shouldn't. She is. Always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
But last time I was a wolf, and Legate was in the game (I think it was Shasta's Misty Mountains game). Legate went after me for the same reasons, and afterwards I told him don't stop pursuing that lead (of me being nicer when evil). I really don't know how I give it away, and I was trying to fix it for this game, because I told the pack that Legate knew my honey-coated wolvish behavior quite well. I think it's just an unconscious vibe I give away, and don't intend. Innocent-me, I don't care what happens to me, night-kill me, lynch me, trust me, I don't care I'm going to annoy people and just hopefully it's the wolves. Wolf-me, tries very hard not to be suspected.
Indeed, that's how it was Specifically: In that one game, I was pursuing Boro because of that, but he retorted by such a desperate defense (which he kept for like the whole day, if not more), that I started reconsidering and was like "okay, sorry, didn't want to upset you..." But after that, he turned out to be a Wolf indeed and told me that I should have held to my claim. So I told him that from then on, I am never going to let myself talked out of it if he does that again.

Anyway, it was really a great game. And even though I haven't been playing for some time, I still think I can say that it was one of the best games I've played "lately" (read: from the games I have actually played).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #577
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
I might have had something to do with that, from D1 onwards and specifically on D2. I was actually thinking he might be it myself (all this "I'm being cryptic" -stuff), but I had no problems in making it look like I was confident and having good reasons for it - in case the Acolyte was not on our side (he basically couldn't be on our side considering we already had 4 wolves in a village of 16) but could be lynched for possibly being on our side (Eruhen's death was such a kick of luck there!).
Thanks so much. I did give you all that opening, though, without intending to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
It was a splendid game, despite some hard time of understanding between some innocents.
Heh, I couldn't believe you and I were tying up like that, when I knew I was innocent. That's really the only reason I suspected you, until you doubted Steve's reveal. Looking at it objectively, I can see why you were skeptical though. I just had a reason to believe him you lacked. At least I didn't vote for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Indeed! The claim "Inzil is the Acolyte - the EVIL Acolyte - who killed Eruhen!" was the most ridiculous stretch I have ever seen in the whole WW history!!!
When I awoke after that Day ended, I couldn't believe they'd lynched you and let Shasta get away with that! Innocents! But it all turned out to the good.

Last edited by Inziladun; 03-01-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: typo
Inziladun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #578
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm curious to know what Lommy's role would have been had she joined the wolves.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 03-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #579
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Shasta (in Night PM): no. way. You're like a Seer who dreams of everyone at once regardless of alignment!!!

Legate: from a dead innocent's POV you looked pretty bad after Eonwe's reveal, and if I was alive I would probably have voted you. Only your last posts sounded innocent, so I started thinking along the lines of "maybe not a spy...?" And I was banging my head against the wall when you turned out to be innocent. Next time we play together I'll keep the innocent-180 in mind.

Spies:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I don't think it was that much doing it to the utmost as such, but well, playing in a way we would be hard to connect to each other... and well, without the host of seers it might even have worked.
That was big time wolf-on-wolf, whatever the strategy was, so kudos for that. Without the "seer machine-gun fire" I think you would have made it. I was really surprised with myself, actually, for suspecting Nog, because usually all one has to do to find out people's roles is take my impressions list and invert all the opinions. (ie the ones I suspect are innocent, and the ones I feel good about are the wolves). Pitch and Shasta, I didn't suspect you until you revealed. Boro - I didn't suspect you either, but I guess after falling into your sneaky trap the last time you were a wolf I tend to be a bit paranoid when it comes to making an opinion about you.

Amazing job, wolves! Hats off to you!
Old 03-01-2012, 05:36 PM   #580
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

A few more things. Firstly, it seems I've been giving out many reputation points lately, so I'm not allowed to give any out for the next day or so. So my apologies, unrepped ones! (though not for long, hopefully )

I have a question to Shasta. What was the motive behind the Bom-wagon?

And Lottie -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Manage to? Is this something you're hoping will happen?
(in reply to Pitch)

These things only happen coincidentally. Ironically, there was some suspicion for this post.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #581
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
A few more things. Firstly, it seems I've been giving out many reputation points lately, so I'm not allowed to give any out for the next day or so. So my apologies, unrepped ones! (though not for long, hopefully )

And Lottie -

(in reply to Pitch)

These things only happen coincidentally. Ironically, there was some suspicion for this post.

Believe it or not, I was mostly transparent there. My feelings on people that just throw their votes away Day 1, and on non-participants, are fairly well-documented by now, and I went about the Bom-wagon just as I would have as an innocent. There was a bit of wolvish motivation, though - I was a bit concerned that the Finns might turn on Boro very late in the day, so I tool steps to prevent that from happening.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #582
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
I think I can answer that without consulting it from Shasta.

Did you think he was being true to his character as a person? Did you think he looked principaled and innocentish doing that run after Bom? Did you think a wolf would not expose himself like that as it would turn out Bom was innoent?

If you answered even waveringly 'yes' to any of the questions, then you have your answer...

EDIT: X'd with Shasta - sorry.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #583
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Good wolves are always transparent...
Old 03-01-2012, 05:50 PM   #584
Eruhen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eruhen has just left Hobbiton.
Shasta, you're seriously starting to creep me out. How many small forest animals did you have to sacrifice to get that power?
Eruhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #585
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Shasta, you're seriously starting to creep me out.
I'm sure he's full of glee at reading this.

PS: Shasta: your plan worked well.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:10 PM   #586
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Shasta, you're seriously starting to creep me out. How many small forest animals did you have to sacrifice to get that power?
I suppose that depends on what you consider a "small forest animal"...
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #587
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I suppose that depends on what you consider a "small forest animal"...
I guess we just have to count how many times you've chatted or went off topic on threads... Or ask Esty how many of her subjects she's lost to you...
Old 03-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #588
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
I'm curious to know what Lommy's role would have been had she joined the wolves.
She would have had an optional (and, again, unreliable) Night-kill.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #589
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

A thing I just noticed.

Quote:
On D2 I was most annoyed with myself, because on N2 I was debating whether to protect Rikae and Greenie, and chose Greenie.
Funny too, because Greenie was the other person we seriously considered killing on N2. But I said "she's most likely to be a ranger protection early...at least if I was the ranger, I would probably be protecting her tonight."

And then after Eonwe revealed, we figured he would get the ranger protection, but were of course debated on if there was a bluff. The only way to be sure Eonwe wasn't being protected, was to go for him N3...but then again, we also really wanted that kill. I believe it was Pitch who noticed your comment about the ranger would be stupid to not protect the revealed seer, which is true, but we didn't think an ordo-G55 would call out the ranger in that manner. Then we put it together...Shasta really is psychic.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:19 AM   #590
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wow, what a game! It's good to be back, and it's quite interesting being the seer. I was originally hoping to go for some elaborate clue thing with my fool posts, but it seemed that in character stuff just didn't happen.

I have more things to say, but I need to go now, and I was just wondering: Nog, was I right about your positive painting of Boro with the coyote thing?

And this definitely means that I should my initial instincts, i.e. Legate=good, Pitch=bad.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:28 AM   #591
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I believe it was Pitch who noticed your comment about the ranger would be stupid to not protect the revealed seer, which is true, but we didn't think an ordo-G55 would call out the ranger in that manner.
When I was writing that comment I intentded to make it a bluff. I had a feeling you won't go for a revealed gifted when there are so many others around. But, on the other hand, I've seen wolves do that a couple times (going for a revealed gifted who'll most likely be protected), and I decided I'm not taking the risks.

Quote:
Then we put it together...Shasta really is psychic.
Oh that Shasta and his psychicness...
Old 03-12-2012, 06:19 AM   #592
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shouldn't have tried that bluff so soon.... guess I'm rusty. Well, that and I can never resist hinting.

Good game, though, folks. Very well played by the wolves: obviously a very challenging game from the evil side. That's always a chance you take with new roles, and it was an intriguing setup and loads of fun (to watch, for me)!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #593
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Haha. There you go.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Psychic Shasta-Wolf in a PM N2
Oddly enough, something is pushing me to kill Eonwe and G55. It's probably nothing, though.
Really, I couldn't believe the village never caught on. They only had to look at my treasure's sig...

Oh, and I'm only just now getting around to repping people. Haven't had much spare time this last fortnight.