The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #1681
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Good grief that must have been a lot of work.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #1682
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
Good grief that must have been a lot of work.
Well, it took less time than it would to go back to find all the jokes every time I need a laugh.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:18 AM   #1683
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Having now read a bit, I have been laughing and growling that the Fin(n)s of all people were calling me fishy all the time (my surname is a type of fish and Fishy was my dad's nickname in the army), and that you were so surprised that McCaber was a wolf.. not that I wasn't delighted to see that having been terrified by Kath's non appearance that she was in fact the last wolf, The deal with Boro was my best bet at self preservation and I am touched that he killed me when it would have been much easier for me if he hadn't.

The "Mummie loves you no matter what" to Nilp was simply even if he voted to lynch me as seemed possible.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:58 AM   #1684
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
For once, I thoroughly enjoyed being killed early on! Kuru - thanks for modding, this game was brilliant. My fellow corpses - thanks for the company. The living - thanks for the entertainment.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 12:32 PM   #1685
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So Boro wasn't the Itch Man but I was the Itch Woman... oh my.

May I ask, Boro, why me? I am flattered but I'm not sure I should be.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #1686
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
So Boro wasn't the Itch Man but I was the Itch Woman... oh my.

May I ask, Boro, why me? I am flattered but I'm not sure I should be.
I wanted to have a Successor picked early but it was basically a once chance shot. It would only work if I picked an ordo and if I didn't than that was it.

Not sure if you should be flattered or scared I know your WW habits...there was one post on Day 1 of yours that I said "yep...ordo Lommy"...and you were picking up suspicion so I wasn't worried about you getting night-killed early. Then on top of that the seer confirmed you innocent, so I figured if I was killed I had about as good of a chance at still winning as I did at making it all the way
Old 06-16-2015, 01:51 PM   #1687
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Having been super-busy the last days I haven't been able to say thanks to everyone involved for a well re-awaken game. It was a lot of fun! A bit too much actually looking how it affected my sleeping hours...

With the Dead Thread it was nice to have everyone around for the whole game - that was perfectly fitting for a game of such many reunions and joining players one hadn't met in a long long time.

I'll make my special thanks in the Arda Cup style by dealing stars...

Three stars go to:

Nerwen for absolutely bold and superb seering - that was one of the best shows I've seen with all "these PM's you just got from somewhere"...

Boro for deadly accuracy and grace in the end with a role that was such an impossible one to play with this kind of flow of events.

Two stars go to:

Mac & Lottie: for being such good sports and fun fellows at the Dead Thread. It wouldn't have been half so much fun without you!

One star goes to:

the phantom & Aganzir: for keeping (especially) the Dead Thread going and providing a number of laughs and a bunch of smiles.

Lalaith & Shasta: for playing their roles in an impressive fashion.

And the joker-trophy of course goes to:

Kuru: for the most confusing game-idea that seemed like an impossibility to start with but which after all turned out to be both playable and enjoyable. *bows*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #1688
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I wanted to have a Successor picked early but it was basically a once chance shot. It would only work if I picked an ordo and if I didn't than that was it.

Not sure if you should be flattered or scared I know your WW habits...there was one post on Day 1 of yours that I said "yep...ordo Lommy"...and you were picking up suspicion so I wasn't worried about you getting night-killed early. Then on top of that the seer confirmed you innocent, so I figured if I was killed I had about as good of a chance at still winning as I did at making it all the way
This mostly makes me sad my once infallible bororadar has fallen rather out of order in the past couple of years. I was getting very mixed signals this time, and at least that makes sense in retrospect...

I'm actually not very sad I never got to inherit your legacy. To be quite honest it sounds more like stress than fun.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:02 PM   #1689
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hurray!

Way to go village! And great job wolves! It was probably very tough to compete against the innocents, another wolf pack, and a freaking bear!

I will admit I did not read everything. You guys were too talkative, especially in the early stages of the game. But I reveled in the confusion of the Living thread and got a kick reading the Dead thread (the Dad thread? ). I love how everything got a nickname. I remember at one point, just as I was getting over Grip, Fang, Macpack, and the Tweedleorms, Agan through out a Wolfgang that made me crack up all over again. I just looked through the posts that Agan so helpfully linked in her summary and I have a stitch in my stomach. You guys are amazing! (but I suppose that Nerwen is lucky the Tweedleorms came about after she was accepted as innocent, or else she might have been called Nerworm! )

I was going to post on this thread earlier just to spite phantypants, but then you guys made a post race, then I was busy again, then you were trying to hint at 88, and I felt like it would not be fair to alter the post count, even for such a reason. Speaking of the post race, geeze people, how do you have time to read all those posts AND watch all the videos? (No, I did not watch most of them). I did make the mistake of clicking on Legate's Good Night link, and it's been stuck in my head ever since... ding ding ding ding ding... But the C3PO pictures were amazing!

Also, I learned something new in the realm of philosophy this game, which makes it worth it even without all the other wonderful stuff.

Kuru, that game was genius! And your narrations had just enough sarcasm syrup smeared on them to go down as deliciously macabre.

Most of the players have been mentioned already, and I'm not going to repeat all the remarkable things you've done, just that it was definitely a great comeback from the Great Blackout. Well done all!

One person who I want to mention, though, is my dearest Mama Wolf who was probably the most sensible person the entire game, and whose innocence I never doubted, even after the questionable stuff just before her death. *hugs*
Old 06-16-2015, 06:10 PM   #1690
Aiwendil
Late Istar

Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Aiwendil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Like Galadriel55, I was an enthusiastic spectator to this game. It was quite entertaining, and it rather made me wish I had time to play Werewolf again.
Aiwendil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:59 PM   #1691
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The other thing I forgot to mention is that the set up of the game, with the Dead being, well, alive, provided a possibly unique opportunity of camaraderie between "baddies" and "goodies". It was fun to see the wolves and innocents interacting in a really friendly and sportsmanlike was on the Dead Thread. Honestly, I think that this could be a fun addition to any WW game - a "dead" thread for dead players of all alignments to discuss the progress of the game. Though perhaps a thread pretty much just for chatting about this and that and once in a while discussing a game that is mildly related to Tolkien is... questionable, but I think it would be a fun addition to some regular games.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:52 AM   #1692
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I edited the opening posts of both threads to link them with each other, and I also added a link to Agan's post...linky page thingy for the convenience of people in the future who wish to review the threads of this magnificent...dare I say glorious and epic game.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:13 PM   #1693
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Two threads is double the fun, but when you're trying to work on other things simultaneously it makes it so that it's all you can do to keep up with what is happening on the threads.

Basically after Day 2 I was only half-playing- I was keeping up with everything but no longer able to read carefully for suspicions or hints and no longer making charts etc. So while being dead was fun, I'm not certain it helped me play well if you follow (though the concrete knowledge sort of makes up for that in terms of providing guidance).

Anyway, fun game Kuru and all the players. Well fought.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:42 AM   #1694
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Hey Kuru, I am so sorry about my lack of participation. I actually tried to catch up a few times, but it simply was not possible.

The short time I was able to participate I had tremendous fun, even if it was mostly banter on my part.

I have never abandoned a game like this before... obviously we went on to lose the election by one freaking seat in parliament.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #1695
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Some things do have priority.

Still, years from now when this game has passed into legend you will still be able to say, "Hey, I was there!"