The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2004, 04:42 PM   #361
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
constantly wears baggy black pants and a yellow tank top
Well, I'd wear baggy black pants all the time if I had any... sadly I don't. Just a pair of fitted ones that are more dressy than not (and are a dog-hair magnet). As for yellow? *Full body shudder*. I abhorr the color yellow. Well, not really, since I'm an artist and I love using yellow in work. More accurately, I abhorr yellow clothing. But I do wear tank tops as much as I can.

Quote:
the only word that comes to mind is pointy... pointy ears, I think. Sharp-witted, tall, slim, short dark and spiky hair. Very clever, wide grin and good sense of humour
Ooh, I'm pointy. I like being pointy; I always wanted pointy ears... As for sharp-witted, I don't really think so, but everybody else does, so now I just kind of accept the fact that I'm smart instead of saying "Am not." I don't believe it, but I accept it. I do too many stupid things to be brilliant like people insist on telling me. I rather wish they'd stop... For tall? That's where you hit off the mark. I'm only about 5'3"... Not particularly tall. But I like my height. Slim... yep. I'm pretty slender. For the hair, I was going to cut it really short and spiky... but I chickened out. I still hacked it myself, but not too short. Just short enough that it won't stay in a pony tail without half a dozen bobby pins. For the clever... I guess I am. Big smiles and a notorious sense of humor. Slightly warped when it comes to pranks and stuff, but I can always take jokes about myself. If I can't laugh at myself, who can I laugh at?

As for Meela's description... I can't really imagine her... all I know is that she's breathtakingly beautiful. And has one heck of a sense of humor.

Fea

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 08-10-2004 at 08:47 AM.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:30 PM   #362
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Fea wears plain coloured t-shirts with jean shorts when it's warm, and patterned turtleneck shirts or funky sweaters with jeans when it's cold. Her hair is usually just combed, except when she wants it out of her eyes, she then wears a ponytail.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:50 PM   #363
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Silmaril

Quote:
Fea wears plain coloured t-shirts with jean shorts when it's warm, and patterned turtleneck shirts or funky sweaters with jeans when it's cold. Her hair is usually just combed, except when she wants it out of her eyes, she then wears a ponytail.
Sadly, I own very few plain coloured t-shirts. I'd like a few though. Jeans shorts? I don't wear them much... I can never find shorts that fit right AND fit my school's dress code, and I have no intent of paying for separate wardrobes for school versus everything else.

I detest turtlenecks, for the most part, altough I had a tight black ribbed one that I loved. And then my brothers came home from college and shrunk it doing laundry. I'm not much for sweaters, although I've got a tan one that I like.

Jeans? When it's cold? I wear jeans when its hot, when its cold, when its raining or sunny. I have the most perfect pair of jeans. Actually, two perfect pairs. But I've now got a new favorite pair of pants, thanks to my cousin's girlfriend. And they aren't jeans, surprisingly enough.

I do tend to wear my hair just combed with no other attention paid to it, but humidity is killing me by way of making my hair curl and defy the laws of physics, so lately it's been subjected to ponytails (with pins to keep it there) and inverted french braids (my hair is too short to stay in regular ones). So, all in all, a decent attempt, but not that accurate about my style. I really do have a simple style philosophy... but I'm not going to share it unless someone hits it spot-on.

Fea
Old 08-03-2004, 08:38 AM   #364
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
For the hair, I was going to cut it really short and spiky... but I chickened out. I still hacked it myself, but not too short. Just short enough that it won't stay in a pony tail without half a dozen bobby pins.
I'm the exact opposite! I wanted to get my hair cut short and spiky. My mom wanted to take me to a hairdresser because it was a really big cut (six or seven inches). I had a picture from a magazine and everything, but when I got there, my hairdresser used every excuse in the book to get me not to (and my Mom didn't help one bit.) "Your hair is too thick." (Actually, my hair is thick but not too thick). "Your face isn't the right shape." (It's oval. The perfect shape. ) I ended up just getting a cut in under my earlobes. (For the record, my Dad agreed with me. Guys can get short and spiky cuts no matter what their face shape or hair type. I've vowed that next time I'm going to ignore them.)

Wow, that turned out to be a longer story than I anticipated!

I imagine Meela as very pale, which isn't helped by the fact that she refuses to wear any color except black. She is very taken to black gowns, but when they happen to be in the wash, she wears a pair of tightish capris and a tunic-like top. (Black, of course.) She sometimes has clear grey eyes and sometimes electric blue eyes (I can't really decide) which turn blood red whenever she sees fire, from a little candle to a burning building. She is a good head taller than everyone on the street and enjoys looking down her "breathtakingly beautiful" snub nose menacingly at complete strangers and innocent civilians. (And I am dead serious on this, Meela. Dead serious. *puts on serious no-nonsense face*)
Old 08-03-2004, 09:16 AM   #365
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Quote:
I imagine Meela as very pale, which isn't helped by the fact that she refuses to wear any color except black. She is very taken to black gowns, but when they happen to be in the wash, she wears a pair of tightish capris and a tunic-like top. (Black, of course.) She sometimes has clear grey eyes and sometimes electric blue eyes (I can't really decide) which turn blood red whenever she sees fire, from a little candle to a burning building. She is a good head taller than everyone on the street and enjoys looking down her "breathtakingly beautiful" snub nose menacingly at complete strangers and innocent civilians. (And I am dead serious on this, Meela. Dead serious. *puts on serious no-nonsense face*)
Wow, that's very accurate! I'm very pale, and I do love black (wearing it right now, in fact), and yes mostly in gown form. I have grey/blue eyes - if it's cloudy they're grey, if it's sunny they're blue. Um... red eyes? Nice touch, pity it doesn't actually happen. Although when I'm not wearing all black I do like to splash out on red instead.
I'm not that tall, only around 5'7/5'8. But I do stare. At everyone! I love freaking little kids out by glaring at them, and I challenge would-be mockers of my black gowns with the Gaze of Mordor (a very powerful weapon if you know how to use it). Yes, I'm beautiful... *sigh*
Old 08-03-2004, 09:22 AM   #366
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Wow, that's very accurate!
Woohoo! *does happiest dance*

Okay, I'm going to have another go at Fea's style:
We already know she wears jeans all the time. She also wears long black ranger-like jackets that cover any color shirt she might be wearing (even if it is a yellow tank top. )
Old 08-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #367
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

What is it with girls and clothes....
Old 08-03-2004, 11:25 AM   #368
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
Gaze of Mordor (a very powerful weapon if you know how to use it)
That is indeed one very powerful weapon. Unless, like me, you've been exposed to it for a long time and have developed an immunity. I've got my own decent version of the Gaze of Mordor. I tend to simply call it the Death Glare. When you're REALLY mad and give off the Gaze... no words are required. People just shut up. Unless they're siblings, but that's life.

Quote:
We already know she wears jeans all the time. She also wears long black ranger-like jackets that cover any color shirt she might be wearing (even if it is a yellow tank top.)
I'm not wearing jeans right now. As a matter of fact, I am currently wearing the exact same pants and shirt I had on yesterday. I do rather like cool jackets though. I've got this great black leather duster, but I can't wear it to school and it's generally too heavy for daily use. But my favorite jacket... black leather. Fitted, but not tight. Makes me look good.

I must say though, you still haven't hit my style.

Fea
Edit:
Quote:
See the part where I wrote that I've been wearing the same outfit for several days? Not all of us care that much about style, but as I've given away my general appearance with my avatar, I'm left making them guess what I wear.

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 08-03-2004 at 11:29 AM.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 12:20 PM   #369
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
To answer your question, Eomer, it may sound weird but sometimes the clothes make the woman. Sometimes you can tell alot about a girls personality by what she is wearing and when she is wearing it. For girls it's almost always about how the outfit makes her feel about herself. I know it sounds like a bunch of hogwash but it can be sometimes true.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:07 PM   #370
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Meh. If I owned any nice clothes at all then maybe I could afford to care about how I looked. As it stands, indie-chic is perfectly acceptable and comfortable!
Old 08-03-2004, 04:37 PM   #371
ninlaith
Wight

You sound pretty stylish to me Eomer! It's more like a personal flaw that most girls have when we care about the way we look. I wish we didn't have to feel that way. . Me I'm particularly fond of guys who dress kinda indie-chic ( now don't start thinking!). They remind me of Dominic Monaghan. But hey who knew!? And that's the way it was. And that's the way the cookie crumbles.
I'm particular about what I wear only because I hate being uncomfortable. Sorry if I've turned this into a fashion thread BDer's. It'll get back on track soon enough.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:49 PM   #372
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I wouldn't be the best one to tell you, for I do not know myself. I'm not one to care whether I look "hot" or not. (The pants I'm currently wearing I found in a pile on my closet floor. I had been wondering where they were for at least a month and a half. ) Like Fea said, it's the only thing to guess about her since she put up her picture.

Elennar Starfire looks like Belle from the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast. Don't ask me why.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:10 PM   #373
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
Like Fea said, it's the only thing to guess about her since she put up her picture.
Although I suppose you could try to figure out what kind of shoes I like...
Old 08-03-2004, 07:16 PM   #374
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm with Fea and Sirith on the topic of clothes: whatever fits and is comfortable!

Quote:
Let's see... if you're like me, you like good comfortable shoes, preferably running shoes, so that's my guess!
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 07:23 PM   #375
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I too will go for the only shoes I wear: a pair of comfy black flip-flops or bunny slippers.
Old 08-03-2004, 07:30 PM   #376
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

I do like good, comfortable shoes, but running shoes? Not really. Somehow they throw off my balance entirely, and my stride changes. I don't own any bunny slippers, but I do certainly have some black flipflops.

Fea
Old 08-03-2004, 07:43 PM   #377
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Quote:
I have a completly opposite piont of view, Eomer. I dress like a guy, and indeed have been mistaken for one many times. My pants are all ripped, frayed, and two sizes larger than what would fit me, my t-shirts all faded and in the same predicaments as my pants.

It frankly amazes me how so many girls spend so much time on hair, make-up and clothes. Meaning no disrespect to those who do, of course.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:03 PM   #378
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Clothes are like chocolate. We don't expect men to understand.

Since my looks are so easy to pin down (everyone who's guessed at me has gotten at least one thing right, Only Real Estel was farthest off), does anyone want to have a go at my style? It might be a bit harder...
Old 08-04-2004, 08:18 AM   #379
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Elennar wears blue and pink. Very fluffy, frilly and cute clothes.

ninlaith, thanks very much! Its not the clothes that are stylish of course, but my essential spirit (that's what you meant, right?) My outgoing 'fire' does more than mere clothes ever could. Thus, I give the impression of being sharp and stylish, even though I look like a peasant from 18th century France.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:57 PM   #380
ninlaith
Wight

That's exactly what I meant honestly! I've always found a person more interesting when they find their own sense of being. Be it clothes or the bookish-type or whatever else a person likes. Knowing about your indie-chic look and knowing a little something about Dominic Monaghan I would say you seem like just a fun loving guy.
Old 08-04-2004, 03:03 PM   #381
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

*grins*

Though I look nothing like Dom. Actually, the Merry hairstyle isn't too far away.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:55 PM   #382
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Elennar wears blue and pink. Very fluffy, frilly and cute clothes.
Heh...guess my style is harder to pin down...
Old 08-04-2004, 07:57 PM   #383
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Eomer, NOOOOO!!!! My world just flipped upside down when I saw the face of... dare I say it? Sideshow Bob (who, on last night's rerun was briefly Mayor Terwilliger). In the words of Lisa, he is certainly an ugmo. What about Eomer?

For a description: Ninlaith strikes me as being a drop-dead gorgeous blonde, with a sweet disposition and she has NO idea whatsoever of how beautiful she really is.

Fea
Old 08-04-2004, 09:42 PM   #384
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Eomer, NOOOOO!!!! My world just flipped upside down when I saw the face of... dare I say it? Sideshow Bob (who, on last night's rerun was briefly Mayor Terwilliger). In the words of Lisa, he is certainly an ugmo. What about Eomer?

For a description: Ninlaith strikes me as being a drop-dead gorgeous blonde, with a sweet disposition and she has NO idea whatsoever of how beautiful she really is.

Fea
I get that vibe too actually thats how I thought of her
Old 08-05-2004, 09:48 AM   #385
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

It's nice to know I have that effect Fea.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:45 AM   #386
ninlaith
Wight

Awww Fea you really got me! . That's sweet. I really don't know what to say anymore. You've rendered me speechless. I am blonde but I don't really think I'm drop-dead-gorgeous. More like decomposing-six-feet-under.
Old 08-06-2004, 09:12 AM   #387
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
It's nice to know I have that effect Fea
You have that effect, Eomer? I think not. It was simply the unexpected sight of Bart Simpson's arch-enemy.

Quote:
I really don't know what to say anymore.
In which case it is probably best to accept the compliment and say nothing whatsoever. Your internet persona reminds me vividly of a good friend of mine, and that's a great compliment, and nice to see.

Fea
Old 08-06-2004, 10:25 AM   #388
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eomer usually wears jeans and a t-shirt, but with argyle socks.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:33 AM   #389
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

I wear flares. And capes. No-one guessed that yet did they?
Old 08-06-2004, 10:37 AM   #390
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
I wear flares. And capes. No-one guessed that yet did they?
I had a nagging suspicion, but I didn't want to mention it. Is the cape full length, a la Batman? Or half length, a la Legos...?

I'm starting to develop an interesting image of lindil wearing a full set of monk's robes... and carrying a gavel. How odd.

Fea
Old 08-06-2004, 06:00 PM   #391
ninlaith
Wight

I really hope Eomer doesn't wear argyle socks! I just think they're funny. Bing Crosby and Bob Hope made a joke about them in one of their movies together. It was funny......anyway!.....Elennar I possibly see some three-quarter sleeved shirts in your wardrobe and maybe some 20's and 30's sweaters like Marilyn Monroe used to wear. It's just a guess I'm most likely wrong.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:01 PM   #392
Witch-King
Animated Skeleton

Witch-King has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Witch-King Send a message via MSN to Witch-King Send a message via Yahoo to Witch-King
Quote:
Witch-king: very tall.
Well, you got that right. So far 1 for 1.
Old 08-06-2004, 07:15 PM   #393
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I can't stand three-quarter sleeved shirts...they bunch uncomfortably in my elbows. The sweater thing...I do like sweaters, but you've not got what kind of sweaters I like.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:36 AM   #394
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Wow...in a week this thread has gone on to imagining the styles of BDers. I've missed a lot.

By the way, thanks a lot, Elven Hunter.

Elennar doesn't like dressing too girly, judging from her reaction to Eomer's guess.

Eomer, do you wear a helmet that has horse hair stuck to it, too?

And for some reason, I think ninlaith likes wearing skirts. Don't ask why.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 09:18 AM   #395
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

I have never worn horse hair. Nor Argyle socks.

My capes are full length and very heavy. The best effect is to trudge slowly along the road in heavy rain while wearing one. That looks fantastic.

And lindil definitely wears robes, and possibly a crown of leaves.
Old 08-07-2004, 01:32 PM   #396
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots Rock!

My parents have just had some friends round for dinner. One of them, who had not seen me in probably 2 years, said something which may prove useful in this thread.

Namely, that I look like the Marc Bolan of 1970. Because it is so hard to describe a face, that is what I'm giving to you!
Old 08-07-2004, 05:33 PM   #397
ninlaith
Wight

Sorry Elennar I like three-quarter sleeves so i was just guessing. And sorry but no skirts for this girl. I'm more or less the girl who wears the rolled up fabric pants all the time. What can I say...I like "The Hobbit" look. And sorry I've never seen a picture of Marc Bolan and if it's the one I'm thinking of I think he did a little more composing than he did acting which is probably why I've never seen him.. Sorry I got a little carried away.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:45 PM   #398
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ninlaith, its your mental image, so you can imagine me in three-quarter length sleeves if ye like. I like how they look, they just aren't comfortable.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:52 PM   #399
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Ninlaith, its your mental image...
Yes, that brought up another point. Is it just me, but even when a person corrects you, does your image change? I sure as heck know that mine doesn't! I just wanted to know if I was the only one...
Old 08-07-2004, 08:00 PM   #400
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It depends on if the correction clashes with my mental image...like the difference between blue eyes and green eyes doesn't much change anything, but the difference between blonde and dark brown hair might change it to light brown...it really depends. I don't know. Sometimes!