The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2004, 08:29 PM   #41
Duncariel
Wight

Duncariel has just left Hobbiton.
Which one of you are we supposed to envision? Audreidi or Jandalf? Since I've known you two a little longer than most of the fine people on here, I guess I might have a bit of a picture.

Jandalf always seemed like she should have short, bouncy red hair, and have a lot of energy.

I don't really know how I picture Audreidi, but she always has dark hair in my mind. I don't know exactly how that works, but ya know..... strange things happen in my mind. *shrugs*
Old 06-28-2004, 08:51 PM   #42
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I'm not quite sure how I picture Eowyn Skywalker, other than with a lightsaber that she's not afraid to use .
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 10:10 PM   #43
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I think that I shall never see.......

Well, since I kept close tabs on Alk’s picture page, I’ve seen a lot of members as they really are, so my mental picture sort of jives with that.

This leaves me with two options pertaining to this thread. A: I could write picture perfect descriptions of those members and pretend that I’m just that psychic. However, since I have already given myself away, I shall opt for option B:

Estelyn Telcontar

Esty is somewhere between 70 and 80. She’s had a hard life, and lost all of her head hair, so she wears a blonde wig that is in stark contrast with her bushy black eyebrows. Indeed, though she is bald on top, all other areas are well covered. She dresses in burlap tunics, which she has hand embroidered with tulips and daffodils.

THE Squatter of Amon Rûdh

Squatter is, in a word, squat. He is roughly twice as wide as he is tall, and rumor has it that he has not stood on his own two feet since 1978. His hair is long and flowing, except when he braids it or wears it in twin buns above his ears. He favors tight leather, though “tight” is basically what anything would be on his frame.

burrahobbit

Likes dresses.

Mithadan

Good Ol’ Mith is sunburnt to a crisp, except for his nose, which he has liberally plastered with sunscreen. He is tall and muscular, because he spends 90% of his life in the gym or on the beach, working out and sucking his stomach in when the ladies pass by. Indeed, he is one giant flexing muscle from head to toe. His hair is slicked back with Pomade, and he always carries a comb with him, which he tucks in his Speedos when not using.

Bêthberry

Bêth is red, round, and plump, a right cute little berry. She chortles and chuckles while talking and typing, and has a little habit of hooking her pinky in the corner of her mouth. Her hair is a tangle of red frizzy curls, and is home to two bird’s nests and a spider’s web. She is never caught wearing anything but gingham dresses, though in private she has tried on the odd spandex catsuit every now and then.

The Saucepan Man

Saucy is always, but always, sauced. His red rimmed eyes and bulbous nose gives away his binge drinking nights, though during the day he tries to pretend that he is Okay. His clothes are muddy and torn, but he doesn’t notice, playing the dashing rogue wherever he goes. He wears a pork pie hat and smokes old stogies.

The Barrow-Wight

B-W really needs to eat more. He is so skinny that you can play backgammon on his ribcage. He shaves his head so that you can see his bluish scalp in all its glory, and wears a black headband. There is a bull ring in his nose, seven studs in his eyebrows, and a faux emerald navel piercing in what appears to be his belly button. Also, a tattoo of a naked hula dancer on his right biceps, if you can call it a biceps, because he’s so wasted. B-W shuns shirts, but wears baggy denim pants that hang down to reveal his red silk boxer shorts.

Sharkû

It’s unclear what Sharkey really looks like, because he always wears his Bonbon the Clown costume.

Mister Underhill

Underhill is thin, but in a tense, ready-to-pounce kind of way. He dresses in snappy black suits, ominously glinting platinum tie clips, and always wears shades that reflect back at you. His hair is receding at a disturbingly rapid rate, but he doesn’t notice, and walks around with a swagger that indicates he is the most highly intelligent life form he knows. That’s Missssster Underhill, to you.

------------------------

I am so dead.....
Old 06-29-2004, 06:16 AM   #44
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
1420!

Firefoot looks like a horse.
Actually just kidding....wait I'm not....oh whatever.
Anyway Firefoot 5'5. 47 kg. short brown hair. blue eyes. uh well thats it.

And Gil-Galad
6 feet
67 kg
long black hair
Uh, purple eyes?
Old 06-29-2004, 06:25 AM   #45
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Kransha has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Kransha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordim Hedgethistle
Kransha: He is of medium height and build (sorry Kransha), with black hair that's always getting in his eyes. He has a goatee that he thinks is quite fetching but some find it a little silly (very sorry Kransha). His eyes are dark brown. He likes to wear dark clothes, usually a button down shirt with jeans or dark trousers. He smiles a lot, and wears glasses -- small, round glasses that are supposed to look like Lennon's, and sometimes do.
Well, I can't even come close to imagining the physical and/or mental features of many others here, but they have certainly pinpointed me. Just for clarification:

Yes, I have some facial hair which I find fetching, but it is actually combined with a undeveloped moustache, so I can chide you for that, Fordim. I fancy I look I bit more like Vladimir Lenin than I do like John Lennon, but you were right about the glasses (as you were about figure, build, hair color and...most everything else *sobs at how translucent I am, but immediately stops, realizing people can now imagine what he looks like when sobbing*) I think the choice of clothing varies, but also right genuinely. Oh, I've been read like a book, and I can hardly do the same in return.

As to Son of Numenor, wiry and sinister are probably good words on the subject, and I've been told I look like a brit, though I am not one. I am a proud non-smoker, but I've been known to quaff a keg of vodka or two...Otherwise, right on. And yes, to whoever honored me with the title 'prominent,' I do have a prominent nose. I think it might be hooked, but I can't tell, because my seven years of bad luck have yet to wear off.

For y'all, I can only say the most simple of things. I am convinced that our esteemed F. Hedgesthistle Esq. is either a very large, powerful, and intelligent demigod, or a semi-imposing fellow with a modest fashion sense, a commanding voice, a powerful resolve, and a brain that basically wants out, as there is not enough room in his skull. I have a vague picture, which is of a man in a jacket with a very neatly framed face and build, though not intimidating, but this is another stem off.

I have several other pictures in my small, rudely limited head, but I must go. I'll go into that later, and I advise most moderators to beware, for I shall soon be trying my hand at your descriptions, and it shan't be pretty in the least, (save Bethberry and Pio, who struck me as being very much so, though that is, again, a mental image). For now, the stage awaits!

-Aeschylus, Song of the Furies
Kransha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:59 AM   #46
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Saucy is always, but always, sauced. His red rimmed eyes and bulbous nose gives away his binge drinking nights, though during the day he tries to pretend that he is Okay. His clothes are muddy and torn, but he doesn’t notice, playing the dashing rogue wherever he goes. He wears a pork pie hat and smokes old stogies.
Closest yet.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:15 AM   #47
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Diamond chips in with some truly brutal (if hilarious) descriptions of other Downers. I feel bad about stealing this chance from the people she picked but I'm going to have a go.

Diamond is tall and slender with messy, matted and long brown hair. She has a smile which is of aquired taste (though still nice) but few people notice because of her demented eyes. These are eyes that have surely seen spectres flying about her room the previous night because they seem to be staring right through you and into a distant galaxy. She wears baggy 'rock star chic' clothes straight out of the thrift stores and is constantly told how cool her clothes are by her friends, despite the fact that she barely notices what she's wearing, as her mind is constantly fixed on other, more important issues such as 'How to gain control over her home city/town' or what new thread to post on Middle-earth Mirth. She is extremely friendly and will talk to any weirdo who approaches her but consciously makes a mental note of them for later. As a result she has a nigh on perfect memory of everything she has ever done or said.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:58 AM   #48
Goldberry
Shade of Carn Dûm

Goldberry has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Goldberry
In my mind, Eomer of the Rohirrim is Andrew W.K.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:11 AM   #49
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
The feature that stands out to ME about you, Feanor, is your mouth. You pout a lot (in a good way), stick your tongue out at people but smile and laugh the rest of the time. And you're a tomboy.
I showed this to my brother and he snickered. I showed it to my boyfriend and he cracked up. Have you been following me around? This is the closest description of myself I've ever read. Too bad you didn't mention my looks... I'd be interested to read how you think I appear to people.

Fea
Old 06-29-2004, 01:25 PM   #50
The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
Spectre of Decay

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Squatter of Amon Rûdh is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via AIM to The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
1420! Well, I'm impressed

Diamond 18 is psychic.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:40 PM   #51
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I must admit after I played in Hills of Evendim I always see Imladris as her now deceased character Lira. She has blonde sort of messy hair, thin and tall; but I've imagined her far more beautiful and not so lanky but still thin with blue or brown eyes.

This goes as well for LMP (littlemanpoet) now I always imagine him looking similiar to Falowik, with shoulder length golden locks and blue-grey eyes and sort of ruggish looking. Or perhaps dark hair and green eyes. I don't know I'm not very good at this

I wonder what people think of me? I havn't been around that long.
Old 06-29-2004, 01:42 PM   #52
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Quote:
I am so dead.....
From laughing? Or because B-W is going to kill you? Well, I'll keep you company in the afterlife, I just choked on my soda, spit it all over the computer screen, and died laughing. Those were absolutely hilarious!

I wonder what mental pictures people have of me...
Old 06-29-2004, 02:52 PM   #53
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Silmaril Do Take Thee No Offense, I Beg

Ellenar Starfire's got dusty brown hair with some blonde highlights from spending her reading time outside under trees (think introduction to movieFrodo). She can be seen often with her vivid blue eyes looking inward, trying to remember the answer to a question that nobody asked, but those same eyes are quick to flash temper if someone provokes her.

Fordim: I fully had you pegged as Indie, but as that's a nickname of mine, I didn't want to say anything. However, if it please you, I will forever imagine you as the good Doctor Jones.

The Saucepan Man: Il Duce from The Boondock Saints. ( http://students.cup.edu/col2749/BoondockSaints.htm scroll down to where there's a picture of an old guy and two young dark haired guys; the old one is Il Duce.) Substitute the guns with pans or a book, and you've got pretty close to my version of Saucie.
Old 06-29-2004, 02:58 PM   #54
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Diamond is tall and slender with messy, matted and long brown hair. She has a smile which is of aquired taste (though still nice) but few people notice because of her demented eyes. These are eyes that have surely seen spectres flying about her room the previous night because they seem to be staring right through you and into a distant galaxy.
Oh wow. This is so dead on its scary. I'm not sure 5'6" is consider "tall" so much as "not short", but. And I do have really long brown hair, which gets messy if I leave it alone for more than a couple hours. The description of smile and eyes, however, are just psychic.

Quote:
She wears baggy 'rock star chic' clothes straight out of the thrift stores and is constantly told how cool her clothes are by her friends, despite the fact that she barely notices what she's wearing,
Actually, no, but that is pretty funny. I couldn't do this because I would be fired, and one can't gain control of her workplace when one is unemployed. Dress to impress, and all that.

Quote:
as her mind is constantly fixed on other, more important issues such as 'How to gain control over her home city/town' or what new thread to post on Middle-earth Mirth. She is extremely friendly and will talk to any weirdo who approaches her but consciously makes a mental note of them for later. As a result she has a nigh on perfect memory of everything she has ever done or said.
Ha! I love it.

Eomer of the Rohirrim

Eomer seeks to emulate the Warg, and indeed, there is much that is naturally Wargish about him. His shoulders are great and hulking hams of meaty flesh, but his legs are kind of skinny. He wears his dirty blond hair long, but there are always bits of sticks and such in it from the hours he spends rooting about in the woods after his elusive first Warg sighting. His clothes suit his rugged pursuits, hefty wools and aged but tough leather. They are torn and patched in many places. He always has a chunk of chaw in the corner of his mouth, and he periodically spits out a stream of brownish liquid before arching his eyebrows, squinting, and darting into the nearby underbrush after what may be a Warg and may be an oversized rabbit.
Old 06-29-2004, 03:21 PM   #55
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

Location: The port of Mars, where Famine, Sword, and Fire, leash'd in like hounds, crouch for employment
Eru forgive me

Alright, I am unsure of many things in this world (one being the gender of several people I am about to post about), but one thing I most definitely DO know is that I, after the next recitation, will be stoned…so, please, stick to pebbles…

A Completely Off Topic Ode to a Few Barrow-Downers

Aman, mistress of the Dragon
Always has the final flagon.
Eomer’s got more bite than bark
Like a warg in darkest dark.
Fordim might not have a care
But in mind he’s loads to spare.
BW’s green, not black, not gray
And he’ll steal your life away.
Saucepan’s sauced without a fuss,
His garb of choice cacophonous.
Estelyn’s a madam great
Who puts some fun in all our fate.
Nuru is a lass who’s true
With a speck of ‘jolly’ too.
Bethberry, O regal maid,
Not a crude word ever said.
Firefoot strikes me quite the horse;
Steed of hero’s (but of course!).
Perky is a tricky lad
Throughout his days his ne’er been had.
E. Skywalker’s got quite a theme
With her the force is strong, it seems.
Meela, timid she is not,
Who says Stewards aren’t ‘hot?’
I, though, am a simple man,
With too much time on my hands…

Yours, most sincerely,
Official Barrow-Downs Sovereign of Sinister, Duke of Doom, Baron of Belligerence, Earl of Evilness, Tsar of Terribleness, Count of Calamity, Minister of Mischief, Master of Mayhem, Bringer of Bellicosity, Monarch of Madness, Lord of Lackadaisicalness, Ambassador of Anarchy, Messenger of Messiness, and All-Around Evil, Evil, Evil, Fellow,
Kransha, (who looks exactly like his avatar)

Old 06-29-2004, 03:39 PM   #56
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
*Fordim falls off his chair laughing like a loon; when he can finally stand again, he does so and gives Kransha an ovation*

I hereby nominate Kransha the poet laureate of the Barrow-Downs.
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 03:51 PM   #57
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Silmaril Dancing mouse? Me?

Quote:
Having very little imagination of my own I always think of people as their avatars, whether it's a person, animal, or object. Like Orofaniel who I will always imagine as a crazy dancing mouse.
Now that's interesting Carlas. =P

But the truth is, I hate to dance. I never dance. And I don't consider myself as a mouse, although I know some other people do. Crazy? Depends on who you ask... So, just a mouse then, eh? Mouse is fine.

The non-dancing mouse,
Orofaniel

Kransha - Btw; what a lovely poem! =D
Old 06-29-2004, 04:48 PM   #58
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Fea jumps a little too enthusiastically out of her chair, knocking over a few BDers, as well as their drinks, books, wigs, and llamas.

I second that nomination!!!! Props to Kransha, and my only regret for his most excellent poem is that I wasn't featured in it.

On second thought, Fea realizes that her jumping up and knocking people, things, and llamas over has informed her dear BD friends that she is clumsy. She hastily tries to fix her phrasiology...: "Fea *doesn't* jump..."

Fea
Old 06-29-2004, 04:59 PM   #59
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Oh, my goodness, Fordim!

Quote:
I think I've got Bethberry finally: she's West Indian (that's why it took me so long; I am, like most Canadians, myopically white-eyed, if you know what I mean); her ancestry is primarily African with some European and even a smidge of Arawak thrown in (which accounts for the high cheekbones and flawless complexion).
Well now, my fulsome colonial colleague, should we ever meet, shall I serve you groundnut stew or Jamaican patties? (Good thing you never read my Rohan RPg post as the Shepherd of the Trees--you might complain about my bark. )

Nuruamiel,

Quote:
Well, SoN, that is a relief. I had horrific images in my mind of you writing and telling Fordim that you had actually imagined him looking like his old avatar!
Oh, but don't you think Fordim is a rambunctious, enthusiastic, panting, just-house-broken puppy?

diamond,

Quote:
Bêth is red, round, and plump, a right cute little berry.
and when I laugh my belly shakes inspite of myself! You are simply brilliant! Squatter has called it, psychic.

kransha,

Quote:
Bethberry, O regal maid,
Not a crude word ever said.
You're so right, Black Speech has rarely crossed my tongue. Now, a few choice Anglo-Saxon words...

Such great stuff here, truly. I wish I had time to contribute some thoughts of my own about you all. Like the White Rabbit, I am perpetually late.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:27 PM   #60
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
I must admit after I played in Hills of Evendim I always see Imladris as her now deceased character Lira. She has blonde sort of messy hair, thin and tall; but I've imagined her far more beautiful and not so lanky but still thin with blue or brown eyes.
Oh Eswen...I wish that that was the truth.

From the scant picture I saw of Bethberry under the Chat wights I believe, I sort of picture her as tall, with brown hair, and that "smart" look about her with glimmerings of humour around her.

Fordim I picture as very proffessorish, with glasses, pouring over old books because he's so darn smart...

And Son of Numenor I picture as a golden sun...

*cough*

Cheers,
Imladris

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:35 PM   #61
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
I'm more crimson than golden, but otherwise you nailed me.

I picture Imladris as young and energetic, with pretty long, straight(ish), brown hair. She's kind of short and wears soccer shorts and a tee. She's quick to smile and laugh, but very pensive when left alone. She also often takes to parading around her room when she thinks no one can hear her, shouting Puss In Boots lines and waving a wooden stick.
"This miserable drizzling afternoon I have been reading up old military lecture-notes again:- and getting bored with them after an hour and a half. I have done some touches to my nonsense fairy language - to its improvement."
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 06:51 PM   #62
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Nuru: a slender medium-height irish lass (fair skin, chiseled features, cascading black curls) wearing a classic step-dance costume and ghillies: arms tight to her sides, Irish eyes smiling, and feet (and curls) flying as she burns up the floor.

Child: Cami.

Mith: Mithadan.

Birdland: Yeah, I saw the picture; but still....
Raven hair in windblown tangles,
One tress opalescent dangles...

littlemanpoet A balance of bookish and outdoorsy... You used to be blond, but now I think you have red hair. Pursues will-o-the-wisps at twilight.

Mister Underhill: Dark clothing, and a poker face; too cautious to sing or dance on a tabletop, and with the girth as measured in Rivendell, not Crickhollow.

lindil:A darkhaired elf. Check out those pointed ears.

Orual: Hmmmm.... Let me think about this one... misty and mysterious...

Imladris: Curls in tangles; an easy smile; mischeivous eyes; carries a goose quill and a bottle of soot ink.

Aylwen: lady Bella.

Saucie: Well, if he doesn't look like his avatar, what then? I'd be disillusioned.

Last edited by mark12_30; 06-29-2004 at 07:00 PM.
mark12_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:04 PM   #63
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Helen, you have reminded me that I have not expressed how Orual appears in my mind, though she is probably the 'Downer I have had a mental image of for the longest time.

Orual, it is very simple and rather understandable, the way I picture you. You have red hair that is short but not too short, and you have a quick way with words that can make sharp-tongued hobbits pout with frustration because they can't think of anything clever enough to answer with. You're a great tease but you have a very kind, compassionate heart, and a wonderful gift at understanding the sorrows of others. You're more of a 'slender' type rather than 'skinny.' And of course I must not forget to mention that you have a twin brother that you are very fond of but ran away from.

I don't have a mental image of you yet, Imladris, though I came dangerously close to imagining you always as Gorby Brandybuck. Thank goodness I fought admirably with my mind, eh? I do think however, that you have golden curls.

Kransha, that poem was hilarious but also truly remarkable. Maybe Sigurd should see if such an ode to Maercwen would win her heart!

Quote:
Oh, but don't you think Fordim is a rambunctious, enthusiastic, panting, just-house-broken puppy?
*glances suspiciously at Fordim* Well, Bethberry, if I use all the willpower of my imagination I can see him as thus, save the image of him teaching a roomfull of students. I cannot picture that.

EDIT : Helen, I did forget to thank you for an adjective you used in your description of me. I have regretted the fact that in all my life only one person has used the word 'slender' in opposed to 'skinny.' With your use of the word I can make it two. Slender is more graceful than skinny, or so I've always felt. And so the humblest thanks! *bow*

Last edited by Nurumaiel; 06-29-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Nurumaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:15 PM   #64
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
I've had to amend my picture of you somewhat, Nuru, since you started singing Scottish songs too. Did I mention that somewhere beyond the dance floor, there's a well-played pennywhistle?

Speaking of blessings, Nuru, if I can ever live up to what you said about me, I'll let you know...
mark12_30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:43 PM   #65
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
but don't you think Fordim is a rambunctious, enthusiastic, panting, just-house-broken puppy?
Quote:
Well, Bethberry, if I use all the willpower of my imagination I can see him as thus, save the image of him teaching a roomfull of students. I cannot picture that
*Having only just righted himself from the fit of hysteria occasioned by Kransha's Ode, Fordim is levelled once more by mirth*

As it happens. . .

*Fordim is once more overcome by mirth*

As it happens *wiping tears from his eyes* I have been described, by more than one student, as (and I'm quoting from an old teaching evaluation here) one who "bounces around the front of the class like a puppy when he gets really excited by a poem, which he does a lot".

At least I'm house trained.

*Falls over laughing once more and wishes not for the first time that he could head out to a pub with Saucie for a pint or six*
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 07:46 PM   #66
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fea, you're not too far off!
Old 06-29-2004, 07:56 PM   #67
Kransha
Ubiquitous Urulóki

By troth, thy accolades gratified e'er is, lads and lassies of the darknened earthy mounds 'neath which those long of livelihood bereft keep conscience day and sumptuous nights in beds of spider silk and matter most grave...

In other words, w00t, you peeps like the poem. I.have.a.future (not so).

Really, I DO have bizarre pictures of all of you, mostly not human, or Middle-Earth related. I don't know, but I think that my being so dreadfully off topic must have reprecussions, but is the idea, since the other thread of similarilty is now deceased, like us. The following are those who, when I read a response or reply from them, I imagine some strange thing sitting at a keyboard and typing.

Fordim: Most realistic, yet most unreallistically, a balrog...oh yes, I've taken a very particular hint and followed the road it led to...A balrog stuffed into a professor's tweed jacket, a wide-brim fedora, sitting in a beige-velour lounge chair in his lavish estate with a whip of flame and leather at his ready hip. I believe his *ahem* 'appendages' are all carefully concealed by the aforementioned jacket.

The Saucepan Man: His avatar, of course. A cross between Bob Marley's Ghost and a shelf of men's cookware. A man, but hardly one, for what I see is a thing of tin, iron, aluminium, and other substances, mostly restricted to their master pots and pans. He has the residue of sauce upon him, and the smell of it, and sit upon a mighty thrown of recycled cans, colored a royal silver. His eyes and nose are all I see, and they are royal too. If one only saw that, one might mistake him for a past King of Olde.

Eowyn Skywalker: Eowyn, to put it mildly, or a cross between Miranda Otto and my vision of the nephew of Theoden King. A familiar fair hair and features rivalling those of many other false shieldmaiden's. I do not the presence of a lightsaber hanging idly at her side, or robes of jedi-reminiscent brown adorning her along with royal wears and those appropriated from Dernhelm.

Imladris: A cat...yes, a cat. Primarily because of Goldwine. I suppose this Pseudo-Imladris is sunny gold in color, with a regal, lion-like bearing and many fine cushion stacked on a plush throne chair as she taps each key carefully and nobly with her manicured talons. Probably writes with the same talon, with that ever-ready ink bowl, right beside that of the imported milk, that sits aside her fine feline monitor.

Eomer of the Rohirrim: An Eowarg...Eowarg sounds best. He has the body, stout build and regal, warrior's style and delicate yet flashy panache of a fighting king, but the head of a warg, and not those wretched Jacksonian hyena/lemmings. He has the head of a warg LORD, aye, a snout and muzzle that would put the best bread stallion's to shame, (but I do not doubt his bite and teeth behind those ever-pursed, kingly lips).

I have more...but, alas, I am falling asleep in my chair. Melpomene is not a kind one, she, oh no.

P.S. As there has been talk, in RPG's I participate in I try to stray from who I really am. Only one character so far has been like my true self...for those of you who read such things, or know them, I would compare myself in nature, both physical and mental, to jolly ol' Thrakmazh the Orc Captain. Otherwise, I have a touch of everyone, but that dashing, eeeeeeevil beast is the muse provided...

Last edited by Kransha; 06-29-2004 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:23 PM   #68
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

The Phantom: A Black Ridery type of person, usually dresses in black & if he's wearing something hooded the hood is extremely deep & quite dark (or course). Everywhere he goes he's followed by a shadowy mist of secrecy. Few have ever seen his face, in fact, I'm only guessing that he's male. Nearly 6 feet tall, The Phantom can be a menacing & intimidating form when he puts his mind to it.

The Barrow-Wight: Early 30's & doomed for problems with his eyesight (if he hasn't already got them) from squinting at his computer screen for to long to often. His desk is cluttered with the fabled Never-Ending List of Things To Do that winds it's way around obstacles, in & out of drawers & 'ending' (seemingly) in a 3 foot high wrinkled mess. The Barrow-Wight being destined for poor eyesight is also partially due to trying to make out the next thing on his ever-growing list, made more difficult by all the wrinkles, tears & cofee spills. Though I suspect he would never change starting this wonderful site, he is now a slave to the corruption of caffine, trying desperatly to keep up with his growing website. The Barrow-Wight is a character who is apt to look back into the past...wondering how he got into the mess he sees around him.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 06-29-2004 at 08:27 PM.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:04 PM   #69
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Kransha -- LOL!!!! Unfortunately I imagine you as an eye...but now I'm picturing you as a cute (though smart) robot.

Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:39 AM   #70
Osse
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
I imagine everyone on the downs as the following:

About 5 foot 10 inches, with long, brown hair in a trendy cut, with dark green/grey eyes, and thin, elegant eyebrows, a cute little nose, with small, precious-looking lips. A lovely, elegant, medium length neck and petite shoulders. Curvacious hips and an incredible bust (ha). Long, subtle legs and a full rear end. Beautiful feet.

All barrow-downers have an IQ over 100 (even when they don't show it), an Austin Martin Vanquish and can think of nothing better than spending time with yours truly!!

All barrow-downers have a cute little giggle, and know exactly what I am thinking, all the time!!!

<Of course, if there is anyone surfing this site at the moment that fits the above description, then please PM me at once, or even if you dont' quite fit the description, or even as long as you aren't an orc, or even if you are an orc....>

<The above message was a hearty joke, not intended to offend anyone, or, if you are offended, then tough!>
Old 06-30-2004, 06:08 AM   #71
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Possibly the funniest thread ever?

Ok, I see I have a couple of things to sort out here. Apparently The Warg and Warg Rider Appreciation Thread is so successful that people have begun to imagine me as a Warg. Though flattering (due to the inherent mightiness of Wargs) this is innacurate. I am a humble man, no more and no less. So, sorry Kransha, but you're description is rather off track (despite this, you are still clearly a genius).

Diamond, I am rather relieved to say that you're description is also way off the mark, though I am glad to discover that my vision of you is quite near the truth.

Goldberry, you remember my Andrew WK avatar! Alas, I am not too similar to the Great Man himself but that is an image that I would not wish to change for you!
Old 06-30-2004, 10:51 AM   #72
Araréiel

Araréiel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril <----- My avatar IS me.

I do the same thing in forming an image in my head of other peoplem though I don't have any clear images of anyone here yet. I'm too new.
Araréiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 11:00 AM   #73
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe my impression of you

Well, some of this isn't quite what I really imagine you as, only what seems to fit you well (Eomer's mug of ale for one thing ):

Eomer of the Rohirrim: Well if you are not a Warg than you must be around 5'10, brown hair (or blonde-brown), & bluish eyes. You also love to spend time on bd with your mug of ale, which is never far off. Not to mention that you are a renown Warg-Hugger, to a falt.

The Perky Ent: Seems like you should be somewhat hyper (but not in a bad way), maybe perky is the word I'm looking for . I doubt that you are as tall as your screen name suggests, maybe 5'8" or 5'9". You probably don't wiegh to much, skinny but certainly not 'to' skinny. Blonde hair seemed to fit you best at first, but now that I think of it, black works just as well. I have the impression you're male, but don't quote me on that one.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 06-30-2004 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:43 PM   #74
One of the Nine
Haunting Spirit

Location: In my mind. What? Why are you looking at me like that?
One of the Nine has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to One of the Nine Send a message via MSN to One of the Nine
Sting

Hmmm.. the only one who I really have an image in my mind of is the Saucepan Man. I picture him as tall and lanky. Always accepting an opportunity to cook pasta. That and anything else that might have some kind of sauce in it.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:54 PM   #75
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
The Perky Ent

Medium height and lanky, with sandy, shaggy hair and green eyes. You'll do anything for a laugh and you have a smile that makes people laugh when they see it (not for aesthetic reasons, I assure you). Nice personality, but sometimes you're too perky for your own good.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:15 PM   #76
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*grins cheekily*

The Saucepan Man: Dear SaucyPansy was the skinny little shrimp everyone picked on in elementary school. He's still trying to recover from the emotional scarring. He has mousy-brown hair that constantly sticks up in all directions. His nose is large and pointed, contributing much to his rodentlike appearance. He squints, due to being very nearsighted but too insecure to wear glasses, so it is impossible to tell his eye colour.

(Totally joking here! Please take no offence, SaucyPansy! )
Old 06-30-2004, 07:58 PM   #77
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Somehow, I always imagined Pio having shoulder-length, straight blond hair, and wearing a suit. And Durelin as wearing all black and living in some deserted cabin in North Dakota. Amazing how decieving the internet can be.

Avatars are usually what do it. Of course, it is difficult to draw a human image from a picture of a sun...
Himaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 09:27 PM   #78
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye Good thread...

Interesting, though I can't say much on the matter.

Meela: Dark, maybe black hair. She's probably of average height, and is viewed as the weird person at school. Her classmates (correctly) assume that she has no life. THIS IS NOT NECESSARILY CORRECT.

I'm curious as to what your opinion of my appearace, personality, etc. is. (I'm male, in case you didn't already know)

A note to my fellow Evendim RPGers: My hair is not dark and slightly reddish like Thoronmir's is.

Hey, I've got an idea! We should each find a picture of ourselves for an avatar, thus clearing up the confusion.

PS: Dragon Elf Odin Ragnorock, who already knows what I look like, should not post a description of me here.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 06-30-2004 at 09:31 PM.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 10:55 PM   #79
Mad Baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: A place where after thunder golden showers come falling like a rain of flowers.
Mad Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
I'm curious too as to what I'm like in your eyes. Do have a shot!

Btw, I'm female.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:45 AM   #80
Osse
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: The Encircling Sea, deciding which ship to ruin next...could be yours.
Osse has just left Hobbiton.
well...
bad baggins, with an avatar like that, you are going to have some trouble... I imagine you about 5 ft tall with short dark hair in a bob cut, and crazy brown eyes, a half-witted, crazy smile plastered on your face, and always dribbling mouth :P