The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2004, 12:33 PM   #161
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
It wouild be an improvement on that little loincloth that seemed to defy the laws of physics in it's capacity to stay in place
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:46 PM   #162
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Esgallhugwen: You are slightly plump (no offense) and have an average height. You have kind brown eyes and dark brown hair. You read a lot and also like helping people.

Evisse: You are about 5'5". You are thin but not athletic. Red-blonde hair and green eyes. You are a very musical person, playing several instruments.

Nilpaurion - nice pics!

Last edited by Firefoot; 07-05-2004 at 01:21 PM.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:03 PM   #163
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
I think I've got the real Fordim down, beyond the avatar. Here goes:

He's a reasonably tall fellow: at least 5'10". He has close-cropped brown hair, slightly gray on the sides. He is extremely thick, and most of it besides his belly is muscle. His skin is a deep chestnut brown, and he has thick, hairy arms the size of small tree trunks. When he laughs (which he is wont to do with abnormal frequency), his face turns beet red and the veins in his neck bulge. Despite his massive build, he has a very scholarly air when he wants to; he may wear glasses (but probably doesn't, except for reading), and always dresses like a friendly professor: slacks and hiking boots or loafers, a collared tee shirt with pens in the breast pocket, and a gold (-colored) watch. He can take command of a discussion with a deep, resonating voice, and sometimes becomes extremely animated and intense during conversations or arguments (regardless of their topic), without knowing it. He is usually calm and jovial, though, and always looking for a new topic to discuss or book to read.
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:18 PM   #164
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Firefoot, please don't take after Nilpaurion: my name has no dots. Or are you doing it on purpose? aaaagh! there's a conspiracy against me - they imagine me like a Veela and put Elvish dots on my name. Alright: sadly I'll dispel this myth and say I have black eyes, my hair is red though... when I dye it. Also I wear lots of eyeliner and listen to Nightwish, so no prancing around in white dresses for me!

Mithalwen you have long dark hair and glasses, which give you a scholarly stern look. In fact you are a gentle person who loves kids and animals (maybe you have a few pets). You are a great cook.
Son of Numenor you are tall and lanky, with blonde hair and a fair complexion. You have a tendency to blush easily. You are a bookworm (like that wasn't obvious at all ) and you avoid playing sports.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:07 PM   #165
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Hahahahahaha *cough*

Originally posted by Firefoot

Quote:
Esgallhugwen: You are slightly plump (no offense) and have an average height. You have kind brown eyes and dark brown hair. You read a lot and also like helping people.
Well I never thought I'd ever be imagined as plump. Its my name isn't it? It makes me look fat! But you have gotten a few things right, I do have brown eyes, I will say naught of the kind of character they display (not that you are entirely wrong its just that they havn't been known to show that emotion very much, or so I've been told; of course I'll leave that to your discretion). I love to read, and am more than willing to help people. Keep on guessing, your image of me is rather interesting if not amusing.

Firefoot, purely because of your name I could easily imagine you with red hair. I'll stray from that and have a bit more fun, I'll say black hair with red streaks (or perhaps a head of deep golden tresses) in it that is well below your shoulders but doesn't pass your hips. Your eyes have a fieryness to them, which is a true sign of a wild spirit, but you know when to remain calm, cool and collected. That smile of yours can be seen a mile off glinting in the sun, causing people to drive into the ditch.

Note*: I often have very romanticized images of my fellow BDer's, and usually see them as wearing some LOR-esque garb of some sort, I would have described Sleepy Ranger or Meneltarmacil in much more detail but didn't want to get carried away as is my tendency, now I'll digress before I become too long winded about my tendencies.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:28 PM   #166
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Red streaks? Many things you said are true, to a greater or lesser extent, and some are not. A modified picture of you... Average height, and thin as a stick. You have brown hair and eyes. You are very serious except when you are around close friends, and when you do make jokes half the time people can't tell if you are serious or not.

Quote:
Firefoot, please don't take after Nilpaurion
*gasp, shudder* No fears, Evisse (no dots) I have edited my other post accordingly.
Old 07-05-2004, 06:53 PM   #167
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
The Phantom: around 5'11", brown hair which is mussed and neat by turns, mischievious dark blue eyes, a smiling face. Somewhat of a computer nerd (no offense), but also athletic.
Nailed the eyes and yeah I'm an athletic nerd. And I'm glad you imagine me 5'11". I wish I was.
Quote:
the phantom is, of course, a reincarnated god
Oh, Evisse, if you only knew how I felt when I read that. It was like breathing for the first time. I love you!
Quote:
The Phantom: I can't picture him as anything but his avatar, which is really freaky. I mean, can you imagine him walking down the street in broad daylight? Now imagine that at night. *mock shudder* Seriously, I love your avatar.
Of course I look like my avatar. That's a picture of me.
Quote:
(Hmmm, toned abs and a nice butt...oh, there I go day-dreaming again.) Nimrothiel.
It aint no dream, hon.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:15 PM   #168
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
SoN -- Hmm, according to your description of me, I sound like the love child of Beorn and a wandering hobbit lass. I've been called worse.

You also stated, however:

Quote:
he may wear glasses (but probably doesn't, except for reading), and always dresses like a friendly professor: slacks and hiking boots or loafers, a collared tee shirt with pens in the breast pocket, and a gold (-colored) watch.
Now, I am not given to vanity, but this is not the first post in this thread that has me portrayed as an academic fashion-disaster -- so to clear this up. . .

I do wear glasses, reading or no, but they are funky, German-retro inspired affairs with thin wire, purple frames; they are roughly rectangular.

I never wear "slacks" or "loafers" or tweed or collared tees, and I do not have pens in my pocket. I don't wear a watch. I wear jeans (Loose or Comfortable fit Levis or *horrors* Gap). I wear tee-shirts or, during the winter, long sleeve sporty shirts (pullovers, no collars). My feet are almost always clad in Adidas gazelles -- either my beloved black gazelles or, sometimes, the red. I also have a well-worn pair of Doc Marten's that I have loved almost to death. I do wear hiking boots, when I'm hiking.

My hair is black and I wear it long -- yes, I'm an Elf of the Noldor. Well, not quite, I used to wear it long but recently it has come back a bit and is only shoulder length. I am not tall, sadly, coming in around 175 cm on a good day.

So there! Harumph!

By the way, you Son of Numenor are of average height and build. You have brown hair and may wear a neatly-trimmed beard (but I don't think so). You need glasses but refuse to get any. You are square-jawed and very handsome. Your eyes are dark. You have hairy knuckles (sorry).
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 08:06 PM   #169
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
Quote:
I do wear glasses, reading or no, but they are funky, German-retro inspired affairs with thin wire, purple frames; they are roughly rectangular.
... My hair is black and I wear it long -- yes, I'm an Elf of the Noldor.
Fordim, you have no doubt joined the Society for Nearsighted elves??
Old 07-05-2004, 09:06 PM   #170
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Fordim, you have no doubt joined the Society for Nearsighted elves??
No, but I am (with Kransha) the co-founder of the Association of Crapulent Orcs. I've also approached SaucepanMan to see if he was interested in the Inebriated Brotherhood of Hobbits, but he seemed only lukewarm. . .
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:14 PM   #171
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry, Fordim: apparently I was better off imagining you as Indy.

Evisse the Blue: You look a lot like Janeane Garofalo, only younger and perkier. You have deep brown eyes and a thoughtful look. You are short, and your medium-length, straight, dark brown hair is usually in a ponytail. You wear classy Tommy Hilfiger classes, with somewhat thick black frames. Your smile is a thing of beauty, if only because you display it so infrequently. You like to hang around coffee parlours and listen to poetry readings. (If you've described yourself before and I'm way off, please forgive me: I haven't read through the whole thread.)

As for me: I am 5'7" and about 240 lbs. I have a pretty rotund belly and a hairy chest. My nose is big and round and my eyes squinty, (I'm told) shifty, dark and olive-colored. I wear thin glasses with a French wire frame, and my hair is grayish black and shaggy. I have a Van Dyke that I shave infrequently. I usually wear sweatpants and my "Frankie Says Relax" t-shirt around the house. When I go out, I like to wear baggy jeans and my trusty leather jacket. For formal events I have a stylish trenchcoat that I picked up from an illegal vendor in Napoli, for €5. I chain-smoke and tend to stay up all night, every night with my nose in a book. I don't exercise, but make up for it by eating a lot. I've had braces for four years and will have them for at least one more. When I smile, people tell me my nostrils flare and I look rather villanous.
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:18 PM   #172
Agent Evenstar
Pile O'Bones

Location: The Matrix! No, wait, Middle Earth. No, hold on... Middle Earth inside the Matrix!!!
Agent Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eowyn Skywalker
Agent Evenstar: A tall girl, with dark eyes set in her face, that make her seem as if she's always watching you. More serious in real-life then she is on the net, her hair is darker, and she wears blue nailpolish.
Wow, someone actually tried to describe me! And it would be you *smiles*. Hmmm I am tall, but my eyes are blue and not very dark at all, not to mention horribly nearsighted! I do watch people though. People watching is one of my favorite things to do when I am bored and alone. I don't stare, though, so don't be afraid! Yes, I am MUCH more serious in real life than on the internet, where all my weird humor and insanity comes to life, as you have noticed! My hair isn't that dark, actually. Blue nailplish sounds cool, though, but I hate taking the stuff off so I hardly put any on! I should try it sometime...

Eowyn Skywalker : I pretty much had you pictured how you are in your avvy! The long blondeish hair, not being very tall... Just stuff that I have gathered while talking with you elsewhere. The lightsaber was a given! Couldn't picture you without one...

Jandalf and Audreidi : I know you two are twins, so you probably look alike (just slightly!), but in my mind you aren't! So, here is what I think of you two, regardless of your twinness. I think Jandalf has long reddish brown hair with green eyes and is quite tall. Audie, I picture you with darker hair, maybe even black, and dark eyes. You are probably tall, too, like Jandalf. Yeah, that's what I THINK, I know I am probably not right...

I have a bucket of pink dye AND I AM NOT AFRAID TO USE IT!!!!! *snicker*
Agent Evenstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:29 PM   #173
Vuelve
Wight

Location: A portal to an alternate dimension at your local Wal-Mart store.
Vuelve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Vuelve
I picture that you people with Hobbit names look like Hobbits, and you people with Elven names look like Elves.But I guess thats being too sterotypical. The rest of you people who have neither Hobbit or Elven names I guess are out of luck. Your 'just a wisp of cloud'. LOL J/K Of course I don't have a Middle-Earth name either. O well.

Here's a peek into my wild imagination:

The Ka - Wears alot of dark clothing and has black hair.Not short but not tall either.

Meela - Shoulder length brown hair and light complected.A thin build.

Heh Heh please don't kill me.

Vuelve
Vuelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 09:49 PM   #174
Eowyn Skywalker
Shade of Carn Dûm

Eowyn Skywalker has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Eowyn Skywalker
Mithrellas, your name implys you as an elf... I just see you as a human, rather then an elf. Names imply a lot... like my name gives me a lightsaber!

Agent Evenstar... yeah, well, I've been trying to imagine you for a while, seeing as I've known you online for a while... am suddenly wondering if you aren't a certain girl I know in real life... too much of you makes me think of her... save that you aren't as evil! And wow, you actually sorta seen me as I am... not that I don't mind the other discriptions... I wish I was taller, and athletic, but was never cut out to be so, sigh. Feel privliged, you know what I look like... hee hee. Note that I am wearing a cape in that picture... *giggles evily* Must.. make... lightsaber. I don't wear nail polish either, by the way.

Maeggaladiel: I see you as being not too tall, with hazel eyes, and longer hair, but not quite as long as a typical elf's hair. You don't wear dresses, but tend to wear clothes that won't get ruined when you run into things, because you've dropped your purple wire rimmed glasses... again.

Lhundewen: You have mid back blond hair, nearly white, like moonlight, and light blue eyes. You tend to wear lighter colored clothing, and wear glasses that look futuristic, without any visible rims. You are also fairly slender.

Son of Numenor: Looks like Aragorn, at his cornation, but has lighter hair, and brown eyes. He is also a bit shorter than Aragorn is, as well.

ArwenBaggins: AB is tall, with shoulder cut brown hair, with red streaks in it. She tends to be firey, and her brown eyes flash a lot. Never one to be seen without the One Ring, she likes a fantasy base to herself, and keeps it that way.

I will not post my mods discriptions... they'd probably kill me... giggle.

-Eowyn Skywalker
Eowyn Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 05:42 AM   #175
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Evisse looks a bit like Catherine Zeta-Jones in Chicago ie. very dark or black, almost shoulder lenght hair, she's thin and pretty tall, about 5'11''.

ps. Evisse, I knew that you must listen to Nightwish...your "location" exposed you
Old 07-06-2004, 07:51 AM   #176
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Quote:
Menetarmacil has a tatoo. Yes, I'm sure you do- it's pointless to try to hide this fact from us!
Ummm, actually I don't.
Quote:
Meneltarmacil- So you say you don't have dark hair? Very well, blonde, hhmmm perhaps dark blue or hazel eyes. 5'9" with a smooth complection. Thats all I can really see I'm not very good at this imagining what a person looks like
That one was right on the mark.

Esgallhugwen, I've always imagined you as your character in the Evendim RPG, hopefully minus that somewhat darker side I've seen.

Sharku is always rubbing his hands together and cackling evilly under his breath. Whenever he glances at someone, they scream and run like crazy.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 07-06-2004 at 08:04 AM.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 08:25 AM   #177
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Thorongil
My inner eye is probably more nearsighted than all the nearsighted elves together, so I have no idea how to describe you. But apart from Nilpaurions...alternative description, would anybody care to guess?
Old 07-06-2004, 09:03 AM   #178
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Thorongil: I see you as being in your early 20s, tall, and dark haired. Your body is rather angular (see: "lanky"), and your nose is reminiscent (in a good way) of a beak. You have dark eyes that make people nervous, and you do things slowly and deliberately (no Lighthouse Of Mordor Eye Twitching for you!). You would fully rather die than wear trendy clothing, and prefer to wear styles like those sported by the vampyres in Underworld (lots of leather and aristocratic-gothic looking clothes). I can easily see you as being the back up guitarist or bass player of a heavy metal band.

Try me, if you dare.

Fea
Old 07-06-2004, 10:12 AM   #179
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Son Of Numenor, your description of me is uncanny in its accuracy. Definitely the closest one ever! Except for straight hair and the glasses, that is, though that may be arranged too, in a couple of years. Hey - but I was pretty accurate in my description of you, too...well, accurate-ish.
dancing spawn, oh, don't I wish I looked like Catherine Zeta Jones, especially when it comes to her height! Unfortunately I'm rather hobbity in stature.

Let me turn my pathetic clairvoyance to Thorongil now: blonde, blue eyes, Scandinavian good looks, you like to 'play it cool' and take life easily. You are often seen hanging around in bars with your mates, just chilling. You dress casually. You like games like 20 Questions.
Fea - I can't see you yet. My inner eye needs a rest, I'll try again later.

Last edited by Evisse the Blue; 07-06-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Evisse the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:25 PM   #180
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hair and glasses wrong I am afraid Evisse.... but I am a pretty good cook I do admit.... As for the rest ....well a lot gentler than I seem on the surface sometimes...... hmm kids and animals.....some yes......but not universally... I have only pet fish these days because I can't commit to a cat and I don't believe in keeping animals in situations where they cannot express their natural behaviour - which rules out most things and I am terrified of birds, apart from birds of prey. I am a bit of a contradictory personality!! Similarly with children - they often adore me, and I keep on hearing this wretched ticking noise.......but at other timesI think I have been possessed by the ghost of the late Princess Margaret "Go away you silly child, can't you see I am trying to read?"
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:17 PM   #181
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.
Nameses

Thorongil ... I'd go with ... sandy blonde hair which you don't comb. It's messy. You're not overly tall or short ... probably wear polo shirts.

Meneltarmacil rocks glasses ... wire-frame maybe ... I'm not sure of that ... but it seems likely. He's probably got a square build ...

Feanor ... I take back the Orly-Bopper statement. After all, I believe that you're 5' 4"-ish, have dark brown hair which isn't especially long or short, have brown eyes and are waaaaaaaaaaaay too enthusiastic about education. You like art ... and appreciate people who do better on a whim than your own good stuff. You're president of your class, a National Honor Society member, and are a workaholic.

Did I hit close?

But then, Feanor ... you're description of me WAY back couldn't be further from the truth. It seemed sort of gothy and brooding. I don't brood that much. But my Lit teacher told me I remind him of a male Emily Dickinson ... I bet she didn't watch as much TV as I do.

Any more is gonna require some close reading of previous posts ...
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 02:47 PM   #182
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Originally posted by Firefoot
Quote:
A modified picture of you... Average height, and thin as a stick. You have brown hair and eyes. You are very serious except when you are around close friends, and when you do make jokes half the time people can't tell if you are serious or not.
Now thats closer to the mark. What's your definition of average height? And just one more hint for you and anyone else, I don't have brown hair. Like I said other than that its pretty close to the mark.

Originally posted by Meneltarmacil
Quote:
Esgallhugwen, I've always imagined you as your character in the Evendim RPG, hopefully minus that somewhat darker side I've seen.
I'm very flattered that you see me as my Evendim Hills character. Sadly that couldn't be further from reality, I don't have the black hair flecked with silver (though I'm sure a dye job could do the trick) and I don't have the lovely crystal grey eyes either. I am tall, standing around 6' 1/2" with a thin build. My hair is long and my eyes are brown, the thing that has yet to be guessed correctly is my hair colour.

I must admit I do have somewhat of a darker side but not nearly as severe as the Dark Queen.
Old 07-06-2004, 04:26 PM   #183
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Esgallhugwen - Average height would be about 5'5"-5'7". The only thing I'll change then, is brown hair to blonde hair.

Keeper of Dol Goldur - sandy brown hair, dark eyes, about 6'. Dark-rimmed glasses.
Old 07-06-2004, 05:11 PM   #184
One of the Nine
Haunting Spirit

Location: In my mind. What? Why are you looking at me like that?
One of the Nine has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to One of the Nine Send a message via MSN to One of the Nine
Sting

Ok, the only ones that I have a real definate picture of, are

Meneltarmicil: All I picture is a person with long black hair playing with dangerous chemicals (no offense, really).

Sleepy Ranger: I picture him as a dark-haired and eyed tall person, with dark circles under his eyes no matter how much sleep he gets. He has a tendency to fall asleep wherever and his friends always make non-offensive jokes about it.

Firefoot: She is a very, very, dirty blonde, almost brown, with natural highlights. She has dark, mischevious, eyes that never seem to lack a certain firey look to them. She has a smile on almost always, but never seems to be optomistic (no offense).
Old 07-06-2004, 07:14 PM   #185
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
Feanor ... I take back the Orly-Bopper statement. After all, I believe that you're 5' 4"-ish, have dark brown hair which isn't especially long or short, have brown eyes and are waaaaaaaaaaaay too enthusiastic about education. You like art ... and appreciate people who do better on a whim than your own good stuff. You're president of your class, a National Honor Society member, and are a workaholic.

Did I hit close?
Sorry Keeper... try again. Good luck next time.

Keeper is a Californian surf-dude, who uses terms like "knarly", "like, whoa", and "freaky" on a regular basis. He listens to country music (and the Beach Boys, of course), and never answers the phone.

Fea
Old 07-06-2004, 09:11 PM   #186
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I think that Esgallhugwen has red hair. Even though it is a bit sad that she didn't look more like the Dark Queen
Imladris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 05:23 AM   #187
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Thorongil
Quote:
Thorongil: I see you as being in your early 20s, tall, and dark haired. Your body is rather angular (see: "lanky"), and your nose is reminiscent (in a good way) of a beak. You have dark eyes that make people nervous, and you do things slowly and deliberately (no Lighthouse Of Mordor Eye Twitching for you!). You would fully rather die than wear trendy clothing, and prefer to wear styles like those sported by the vampyres in Underworld (lots of leather and aristocratic-gothic looking clothes). I can easily see you as being the back up guitarist or bass player of a heavy metal band.
Well, you got something right. I'm not blonde and take my time. I also played guitar for some years, but the rest is way off!

Quote:
Let me turn my pathetic clairvoyance to Thorongil now: blonde, blue eyes, Scandinavian good looks, you like to 'play it cool' and take life easily. You are often seen hanging around in bars with your mates, just chilling. You dress casually. You like games like 20 Questions.
Very good. But you got the hair wrong, and for the bars: I'd have to wait a year. 20 Questions rule!

Quote:
Thorongil ... I'd go with ... sandy blonde hair which you don't comb. It's messy. You're not overly tall or short ... probably wear polo shirts.
What is it with the blonde hair? Another stereotype? Not all vikings were blonde. And I would never wear a polo shirt.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:00 AM   #188
symestreem
Face in the Water

symestreem has just left Hobbiton.
This is a bit random, but does anyone else always get a first impression of other BDers in which they are invariably taller than you?
symestreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 12:54 PM   #189
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Actually symestreem, I usually consider most Downers shorter than I, except the ones who have been here longer than I have. The Barrow-wight, Sharku et al are very, very tall.

As for you, you are about 5'3 and have extremely long red hair, way down to your knees. You wear red spandex and have incredibly white teeth.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:31 PM   #190
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Durelin to The Only Real Estel (me)
Quote:
Let's see...I'd say you're about 14, but probably nearly 15.
No, I didn't peek at your profile, if I'd have done that it wouldn't be how I imagine you because it'd include information that I wouldn't otherwise have imagined . Actually, I'm rather suprised I was right as well (now that I have checked your profile )!

Quote:
No, I am not a Hot Topic shopper, to those of you who know that this is a clothing store.
Yep, I know the store well, I roll my eyes everytime I walk past it in our mall...

Quote:
The Phantom should be deeply offended right now. Beware his wrath.
Bring it on .

Glad to see I guessed you so well, I don't usually even put a lot of thought into my guesses, just how I've imagined the person since I first saw a post of theirs.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 07:13 PM   #191
Nirvana II
Wight

Nirvana II has just left Hobbiton.
what do you think i look like, perchance?

Вы - пончик желе!

Я оказался снова.

Частное сообщение меня, если Вы понимаете.
Nirvana II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 07:18 PM   #192
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
This is a bit random, but does anyone else always get a first impression of other BDers in which they are invariably taller than you?
Everyone is taller than I am anyway. Thinking such is inevitable.

In any case…I never actually think what other Barrow Downers really look like. Being that I primarily post as a RPGer, most of my mental images for other members come from their characters, because that is how I know them best.

Fordim Hedgethistle will always be the dashing, handsome young Hearpwine, capturing everyone’s attention with his charm and talent.

When I think of Aman I think of Fionel…and though I know Aman is female I also think of Kane, especially. I recall Fionel for her bravery and outstanding leadership, and Kane if only for his intelligence and quick thinking. They were both memorable characters.

As for Nuru, I will always think of Liornung as far as personality. I can see Nurumaiel being musical and light-hearted, wise in the ways of the heart, warm, and kindly.

There are so many others…but when I think of them, all I think of their RPG characters for some odd reason.

Quote:
I've also figured out Aylwen: she's short (sorry Aylwen) but scrappy; her hair is brown and inevitably in a pony tail; she's deeply tanned from so much time spent outdoors, and she's lean from all the exercise. Her eyes are brown but always smiling, even when her mouth isn't. She's not conventionally pretty (i.e. Hollywood) but she is very attractive to those with the eyes to see her properly. She always wears jogging shorts and a soccer shirt: not sure of the team, yet, but it's probably an Italian squad -- absolutely not Man United (too predictable).
Very good, Fordim! You got the short part right, and I am not the least bit offended, honest. The only incorrect part, actually, is the eye color. You did a very good job.

Quote:
Aylwen has golden-brown hair (it leans towards being more brown than gold) and dark eyes. About average height; friendly, open and warm; very wise on the subject of history; with a fine singing voice; often found sitting by a fireside telling those who will listen tales of Bonnie Prince Charlie and singing songs to that effect.
Nuru, I smiled the entire time while reading this.

Quote:
Aylwen: lady Bella.
I would say that I put a couple of my own traits into Bella, but inspiration came from a good friend of mine. I am not so pale as Bella, nor to I have her raven curls. I would also say that Bella has some of my personality traits, but we are still very different.

All in all, however, this was most definitely an interesting thread to read through.

-Aylwen
Old 07-08-2004, 06:51 AM   #193
symestreem
Face in the Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
and have extremely long red hair, way down to your knees.
OK, something I have to set straight. My hair is not red or violet. Nor is it orange, yellow, green, blue, or indigo!

Anyway, I don't have mental images of very many of the Downers. I picture Finwe as about 5'8", with short, dark hair cut to about her chin, and dark eyes. She looks like she enjoys sports.

Nirvana is tall and blonde, with blue eyes. He likes to look cool and bored.

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a computer nerd. Take no offense at this; there is honor in the order of nerds. He is average height, with dark hair, dark eyes, and possibly glasses.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:23 PM   #194
One of the Nine
Haunting Spirit

Location: In my mind. What? Why are you looking at me like that?
One of the Nine has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to One of the Nine Send a message via MSN to One of the Nine
Sting

About the other people being taller than me, I think everyone besides little kids is taller than me. Although I might grow a little bit more..... maybe....
Old 07-08-2004, 12:48 PM   #195
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

symestreem, of course there is no dishonour in being a 'nerd'. However, I would like to point out that you have a quite horribly innacurate picture of me in your head. Sorry! (Did you say that because I said you wore spandex? )

If you'd care to look back a couple of pages you will see a half-successful description of me posted by Saraphim.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:09 PM   #196
symestreem
Face in the Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund
Saraphim is a female Saphiroth. Or a fleming spirit. I dunno. I'm confused.
Fleming? As in, spewing snot? You are confused.

Actually, Eomer, I missed Saraphim's description completely. If I had been meaning to take revenge for the Spandex, it would have been... worse. Much worse. Think green gnome in tutu.
Old 07-08-2004, 04:49 PM   #197
Keeper of Dol Guldur
Shade of Carn Dûm

Keeper of Dol Guldur has just left Hobbiton.

Alrighty ...

Firefoot , yeah I'm just about 6 feet tall. And I have these thick rimmed glasses ... dark in color (which I hardly ever wear). But as for sandy brown and dark eyes ... nope, nada. I'm a bright-eyes kinda guy.

Feanor ... wrong wrong wrong.

Quote:
Keeper is a Californian surf-dude, who uses terms like "knarly", "like, whoa", and "freaky" on a regular basis. He listens to country music (and the Beach Boys, of course), and never answers the phone.
I HATE surfer-dudes. HATE country music. HATE the Beach Boys. HATE tans. HATE the sun. Can't even swim.

I do like ridiculous surfer-talk (thank you so much TMNT), and hate phones though.

Thorongil, dude ... thank god you'd never wear a polo shirt. Haha ... I went really generic. Oh and the blonde thing certainly is a stereotype, although clearly not an accurate one. We all know vikings had anything from deep brown to red hair. (Well ... I know that, 'we all' might not). I myself stick to the black turtlenecks and metal t-shirts.

I have to rock the skinniness, after all. And man am I skinny.
"I come from yonder...Have you seen Baggins? Baggins has left, he is coming. He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold." - Khamul the Easterling
Keeper of Dol Guldur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:59 PM   #198
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana II
what do you think i look like, perchance?
no idea, but your bio gives something away, if indeed you weren't kidding us all. but really, i have no idea.

Thorongil (if i spelled that right.... sorry if i didn't), the blond hair thing must be a direct result of your avatar. i think so, anyway.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:21 PM   #199
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
The Phantom wears a mask, so it's impossible to tell what he looks like. But he's tall, dresses in black, and sings well.

Esgallhugwen has short, curly blonde hair, and green eyes, with dark eyebrows. She has a cute button nose, and dimples.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:46 PM   #200
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Elennar Starfire: About 5'6"-8", an avid fan of not only lotr but also potc. Her looks are a little hard to pin down, because she's usually walking around in a costume of Cpt. Jack Sparrow, but I'll guess blonde hair & blue eyes anyway (blue eyes because that's the color of your avatar).

p.s. 200th post on this thread & the 1st page
on the 6th thread. I feel so...hmm, what's the
word I'm looking for here ?
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote