The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2004, 10:18 AM   #241
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Estel, try imagining me as this; lazy! I'll wait for someone else to do it.

P.S. Note how you also got the first post on page 7 of this topic, you lucky blighter.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:18 PM   #242
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

My version of Mister Underhill is that of a tall gentleman with a dragon-headed walking stick. He never fails to hold the door for passing ladies and NEVER uses vulgar language. He dresses sharply in dark grey suits with matching top hats. Hovering permanently over his face is one of those TV-bleep-out fuzz boxes.

Fea
Old 07-16-2004, 09:45 PM   #243
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally posted by Eowyn Skywalker
what exactly did you mean by "I could've used you name myself"... does that mean you know what my REAL name is...? Eep... that is not good... *hides*
Nah, I'm not too much of a stalker. I mean your name, Eowyn Skywalker. I love Eowyn, and Star Wars too.

Maeggaladiel I see as Liv Tyler with glasses. Wait, I think that's her avatar.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 10:07 PM   #244
Bombadil
Shade of Carn Dűm

Bombadil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Bombadil
Boots

Quote:
Saucepan Man, Bombadil and The Perky Ent I always imagined to be really happy people with great sense of humors and always laughing.
No. Utterly wrong. I am miserable and I take everything seriously. I just happenned to accidentally click the link to middle-earth mirth...

Hey dol! There are far too many names to write about! It's an overload- I think I'll go get some water- lilies...
Old 07-17-2004, 07:24 PM   #245
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
Saucepan Man, Bombadil and The Perky Ent I always imagined to be really happy people with great sense of humors and always laughing.
Bah! Humbug!
Old 07-17-2004, 07:42 PM   #246
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe quote tags aren't working

'Saucepan Man, Bombadil and The Perky Ent I always imagined to be really happy people with great sense of humors and always laughing.'

Yeah, and in a perfect world we'd all be bright sunshiney characters .

http://www.flashplayer.com/music/haveuforgotten.html
click on view title button & listen to the lyrics while you watch)

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 07-17-2004 at 09:35 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 10:49 PM   #247
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dűm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Thanks for the link; that song was awesome. I know I haven't forgotten, I was in Biology when the teacher turned on the news. I was in Religion class when the second tower was hit, and it was just after lunch when I heard about the Pentagon and the plane in Pennsylvania. One of my classmates had an aunt who was staying in New York at the time; it was the first time I'd seen him cry. I was enraged and stayed that way for the rest of the day. If I were old enough I would have volunteered for the army. I'm getting ****ed off just thinking about it. Some of those pictures...how could you not feel sympathy for those families? I better stop typing before I take up a whole page with text. No offense to anyone who likes his work, but Michael Moore is a total moron.

Last edited by Nimrothiel; 07-18-2004 at 10:40 AM.
Nimrothiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:37 PM   #248
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shield

Has Michael Moore joined the Barrow Downs? I didn't think so.

Anyhow, I never pay attention to avatars when I think about BDers. I listen to the voice in their writing. Estylen has just that sunshiny tone which makes me think she is, well, sewing quilts or something. Kuruharan must have a perpetual grin from ear to ear listening for absurd adverts. And davem? Him I see in knee-high gumboots (wellies on his side of the pond) chasing over the Yorkshire moors to get oral stories from Yorkshire's past, puffing regularly on a pipe, his long hair flowing in his haste.

I wish I had Diamond' wit and silliness. Her post way back at the beginning strikes me as the perfect response. The more off she was, the truer she was to the mark set by Fordim I think for this thread.

And burrahobbit is a cuddly koala bear. Not. But I bet he too has a perpetual grin on his face.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:00 AM   #249
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Ooohh, how do I creep you out Elennar Starfire, did I pin you down? Or was my description of you too fantastical?

Thank you Imladris for the humbling comment of liking my red hair!
Old 07-18-2004, 07:45 PM   #250
Nirvana II
Wight

Nirvana II has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Only Real Estel
Nirvana 2: 5'10", male, long black hair, which is always flying around as he head-bangs to his drums. Usually dresses in a punk-ish style, lots of black, chains on his jeans (which are usually JNCO), that sort of stuff. Drinks some coffee, but mostly loads up on energy drinks like SoBe (not that he needs them) & the occasional pop/soda. Is casually considering having an earring put in his left ear...
5'10".....try 6'8"...i drink sobe...and i wear ecko jeans...and i wear pumas..and play bass guitar...not long black hair

Вы - пончик желе!

Я оказался снова.

Частное сообщение меня, если Вы понимаете.

Last edited by Nirvana II; 07-18-2004 at 07:49 PM.
Nirvana II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2004, 08:10 PM   #251
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Quote:
Ooohh, how do I creep you out Elennar Starfire, did I pin you down? Or was my description of you too fantastical?
Ye got way too close. Are ye sure ye aren't a stalker?
Old 07-18-2004, 10:46 PM   #252
Vuelve
Wight

Location: A portal to an alternate dimension at your local Wal-Mart store.
Vuelve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Vuelve
I don't know what anyone looks like.You are your avatar in my eyes.(all 3 of them ) <this is going to sound like a desperate cry for attention.O well> Please, o please, pretend you know enough about me to post about my ravashing good looks on here.Don't leave out any of my good points. Make sure you leave out all the bad ones, though. I'm sure you know allllllll about me. *wink wink*

Resident Good looking 8-Ball hustler,
Vuelve
Vuelve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 07:02 AM   #253
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Silmaril

Ah Vuelve... I've wanted to post about you before, but I'm terrified that I'll make a dreadful and offensive mistake... you see, I haven't learned yet what gender you are! And I really have no idea what age, therefore when I get home from work (speaking of that, I should really be getting ready to LEAVE right now...) I plan on doing some Vuelve-stalking to learn some much needed information.

Fea
Old 07-19-2004, 10:12 AM   #254
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Nimrothiel: Glad you liked the link, but it's really more of a signature than anything else (just was a few characters short of having it in my sig). So in the future, it's probably a better idea to pm your thoughts to me .

Quote:
You are your avatar in my eyes.(all 3 of them )
Quote:
Please, o please, pretend you know enough about me to post about my ravashing good looks on here.
Well lets see. Following your rule I'd say I imagine you as a cat; only with three eyes.

p.s. you imagine me as my avatar?
i've never been told before that I
look like Wario...

http://www.flashplayer.com/music/haveuforgotten.html
click on the view title button & listen to the lyrics while you watch)
Old 07-19-2004, 05:25 PM   #255
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Lucky for you I'm no stalker Elennar Starfire, or am I? Mwahahaa

As for Vuelve, hhmmm. You have blonde hair and green eyes with pouty lips, your about average height and you like cats.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:45 PM   #256
Vuelve
Wight

Quote:
Ah Vuelve... I've wanted to post about you before, but I'm terrified that I'll make a dreadful and offensive mistake... you see, I haven't learned yet what gender you are! And I really have no idea what age, therefore when I get home from work (speaking of that, I should really be getting ready to LEAVE right now...) I plan on doing some Vuelve-stalking to learn some much needed information
I'm touched Fea. I mean you really wanted to post about me*sniffle* And by all means stalk me. That would be super! lol O and don't worry about offending me, not knowing the gender is part of the fun on this thread.

Quote:
Well lets see. Following your rule I'd say I imagine you as a cat; only with three eyes
Hmmm.. well not exactly.The third eye is removable.lol

Quote:
p.s. you imagine me as my avatar?
LOL I've been meaning to tell you that I love your Avatar. I was on here one day and was like, " look it's Dr. Wario!!"

Quote:
As for Vuelve, hhmmm. You have blonde hair and green eyes with pouty lips, your about average height and you like cats.
Well I used to have blonde hair but I dyed it to color which I'm not going to reveal for guessing purposes.My eyes tend to be green they change with what I wear though.Green/Grey/Blue/Hazel, its all very interesting.That last bit is really funny though.I really don't much care for cats.Puss in Boots is only there for the Antonio Bandaras/Zorro cat/ Shrek factor.

This is so much fun!!

Resident 3RD eye removable 8-Ball Hustler,
Vuelve
Old 07-19-2004, 09:19 PM   #257
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

All right, Vuelve, ignoring the hints you gave in your post, I'll tell you how I picture you. Forgive me if I mistake age, gender, and appearance all in one fell swoop. Like with Mad Baggins, I used to think you were a 30ish year old man. I've now refined my image to a 17 year old girl. You are taller than me (not hard to do), coming up around 5'7". You've got flowing, and perfectly straight blonde hair, down nearly to your waist. When you don't have it bound up tightly in a messy bun, its blowing around randomly in the wind. Your grey-blue eyes sometimes flash with a burst of passion, but are more found exhibiting kindness and calm. When you want something, people are incapable of resisting your charm (think Puss in Boots). Your hands are notable, having long and delicate fingers, with the nails rarely painted. To show them off, you wear few rings, prefering bracelets or henna tattoos.

Fea
Old 07-19-2004, 09:28 PM   #258
Vuelve
Wight

LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL Fea. Thats so funny!!! How did I come off as a 30 year old man, I always thought that my posts were stupid and dorky.(I must have been one dorky old dude.)Your pretty close on my height ( I really don't know exactly how tall I am.But its somewhere around there.)The rest of that is just Crap LOL(no offense.)Perfect hair LOL thats a riot.Maybe you can get some hints from my new sig (it's from one of my favorite songs.

Resident 8-Ball Hustler,
Vuelve

Last edited by Vuelve; 07-19-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:52 PM   #259
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Not entirely sure about the 30 year old man thing... It never fails to amaze me that people thought I was a guy, or at least a lot older than I am.

As for the perfect hair, my imagination, not yours. Nah nah nah nah boo boo.

Your image has just been updated: you now wear a black cowboy hat everywhere you go... over top of your long, blonde, perfect hair. Mwahahahaha. The funniest part of all this is that I was listening to the song in your siggy a few minutes ago, and caught the music video earlier when my brother was watching CMT.

How 'bout me? Ignore my avvy; it doesn't even show all of my face. What do I look like to you?

Fea
Old 07-20-2004, 01:51 AM   #260
Thorongil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Thorongil has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Thorongil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
It never fails to amaze me that people thought I was a guy
I think that is because of your name. It's not easy when girls has male names.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:03 AM   #261
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Mwahahahaha. Actually, I picked the name Feanor before I read the Silmarillion. I had no clue who it was, and just liked the term "fiery spirit" because it so well describes my fiestiness. So I didn't intentionally pick a guy's name, it just kinda happened. Mind you, even if I'd known, I wouldn't pick an obviously female name, because I'm not particularly girly (most of the time).

Fea
Old 07-20-2004, 08:40 AM   #262
Nirvana II
Wight

i am the hardest one to describe!!!!i am the enigma!

Вы - пончик желе!

Я оказался снова.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:09 AM   #263
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

No, Nirvana, you aren't the hardest to describe. Describe accurately maybe, but not describe. And even that, I think goes to Eomer of the Rohirrim. His appearance alludes me. You however... In my mind, you are a bigger, darker, Kurt Cobain.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:43 AM   #264
Nirvana II
Wight

argh thats right!!!!!!!!!!!!kind of....minus the scoliosis and the addictions, and add lots of piercings and tattoos

Вы - пончик желе!

Я оказался снова.

Old 07-20-2004, 10:17 AM   #265
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Finally!! somebody outsmarted Nirvana!!!!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:21 AM   #266
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

Pipe

Quote:
i am the hardest one to describe!!!!i am the enigma!
Ha! I think that Eomer holds that title. And since Eomer says that I'm much like him because he can't pin me down, I must be at least top 5 .
Old 07-20-2004, 11:46 AM   #267
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well they gave up on me.... No Avatar clues....lol

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:00 PM   #268
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Mithalwen: For some strange reason I imagine you as a guy, despite the
-wen in your name, which indicates that you are in fact female.

Last edited by Elennar Starfire; 07-20-2004 at 12:04 PM.
Elennar Starfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:54 PM   #269
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
LOL - Sweetie I am all woman but at the moment I am RPG-ing 3 male chars so maybe that is showing through .... Actually the wen in my name is not meant to indicate my gender but is meant to be Mith + alwen which according to the translator I used a litererary or archaic sindarin word for tree..... so Mithalwen was intended to mean Grey-tree - which could be unisex not grey-"something" -maiden....which couldn't

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 04:36 PM   #270
Vuelve
Wight

Actually Fea. I thought you were a guy for a bit because of your name.sorry!!!Please forgive me.And I don't wear my Black hat too much it hurts my head.I have a white straw one I wear when I compete.See I thought my name would throw everyone off because it is the Spanish word for 'return' I think.I figured everyone would think of me as Spanish or Mexican. (which I'm not.) I just chose it because it sounded cool.

Quote:
In my mind, you are a bigger, darker, Kurt Cobain.
I just pictured you as Kurt Cobain.

Resident 8-Ball hustler,
Vuelve
Old 07-20-2004, 08:13 PM   #271
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
here I'll make it easier for everyone......hmmmmm.......channeling thoughts.......everyone looks different from everyone else unless twins....oooo that was hard......gosh I'm psychic.....or maybe psycho...Mwaa ha ha ha haaaa...j/k
ninlaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2004, 06:46 AM   #272
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Should I feel proud?

Estel, you are at least top 3.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:56 AM   #273
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

"Pride cometh before a fall."

You just remember that, Eomer! One of these days I'll pin your image, and then you'll be kicked straight out of the top ten! Mwahahahahahaha... hahahahahaha....hahahaha. *maniacal laughter trails off as Fea realizes how incredibly hungry she is and wanders off in search of food.*
Old 07-21-2004, 07:05 AM   #274
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Which fairy-tales have you been reading Fea? The mighty never fall....
Old 07-21-2004, 07:06 AM   #275
ninlaith
Wight

Eomer: Now don't hold me to this but, I think you're about 20, 6'0, black hair, dark eyes, and insanely imaginative in your writing judging by all of your posts. It's just a guess. If I'm wrong I'm wrong.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:32 AM   #276
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Not too shabby ninlaith! Some things are spot on.
Old 07-21-2004, 08:20 AM   #277
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
Which fairy-tales have you been reading Fea? The mighty never fall
*clears throat and pulls out a long piece of parchment*

Morgoth got locked in a void, Sauron was weakened beyond repair, the Witch King was killed by a hobbit and a girl, Saruman was corrupted, Denathor went nuts, Boromir tried to steal the Ring, Theoden died, Gandalf died, Glorfindel died, Halbarad was killed... Oh how the mighty have fallen. If you'd like, I can fully start pulling references from other fairy-tales.

Fea
Old 07-21-2004, 08:27 AM   #278
ninlaith
Wight

thank you Eomer.....a few things is better than way off.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:02 AM   #279
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

But Fea, this time will be different.

ninlaith, I can only credit you with getting the height right, because my age is there for all to see in my profile.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:12 AM   #280
ninlaith
Wight

darn, you found me out!