The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2004, 07:22 AM   #281
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Enigma I am. I even supply you with clues yet you cannot see me!

Estel has short dark brown hair and wears t-shirts and shorts. He is often seen with a bottle of water in hand. He whistles almost constantly.
Old 07-22-2004, 07:28 AM   #282
ninlaith
Wight

ninlaith has just left Hobbiton.
Well judging from the wrong point of view.....you probably have lite hair and lite eyes. . Or lite hair dark eyes
Old 07-22-2004, 07:35 AM   #283
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

All right, Eomer, my quest for the day is to pin down a somewhat accurate image of you. And since you've pretty much given yourself away over the past few pages, all I have to do is make a list of what you are NOT, and from it, logically conclude what you must be. Wow... this is going to be... longer than I expected. But I'll do it or die trying. Or die because I'm hungry... one or the other. But in order not to die, I'm gonna go eat breakfast and THEN pin your image. But I still say lunatic.

Fea
Old 07-22-2004, 08:09 AM   #284
symestreem
Face in the Water

symestreem has just left Hobbiton.
This is what I gleaned, Feanor:

He's admitted to having brown hair, blue eyes, being 6', wearing worn jeans and band t-shirts, and sometimes being found in pubs. And 20 is a given.
symestreem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 08:28 AM   #285
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Silmaril

Good grief, symestreem, I should have ignored the work and left it all to you. Finally, though, we can have an altogether accurate (unless he's been lying all along) description of our good buddy Eomer.

Eomer of the Rohirrim: You are 20 years old, as found in your profile. You are tall (6'0") and well-built. All your time training badgers has assuredly payed off, in the fact that your muscles fill out your perfectly broken in jeans and t-shirts particularly well. You are a fierce debator, and delight in being somewhat of a mystery. You try to keep your thoughts secret, but if someone's memory and observatoin skills are good enough, they can find out nearly anything. Your blue eyes show a great sense of humor, gleaming when you've got a joke or a sarcastic comment in store. You are a frequent guest at the local asylum, as well as the local tavern. Drinking age is different than in the U.S., eh?

Fea

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 07-22-2004 at 08:36 AM. Reason: wrong bleedin' window
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:43 AM   #286
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Finally we can end this charade....

Ok, ok, you've all done very well and I think its time to give up the game. symestreem's work was very clever and Fea's hefty description is damn close!

One point of contention. Muscles? Bah! I look like a typical skinny indie bloke who smokes way too much cigarettes (although I've never even touched one). Alas! I am always going to be more slender Elf than King of Rohan.

Drinking age is 18 here in the UK. Though too many young idiots take advantage of that and cause drunken mayhem. There's always pros and cons isn't there?!
Old 07-22-2004, 11:38 AM   #287
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Well, since I've got the rest accurate, I can be forgiven for the muscle mistake. But training badgers IS hard work. The description of you actually matches a friend of mine very well, only your hair is no doubt lighter, and I'm quite sure you don't have the piercings he's got. Other than that, eyes, build, sense of humor, match up quite nicely.
Quote:
Though too many young idiots take advantage of that and cause drunken mayhem. There's always pros and cons isn't there?!
We've got plenty of young idiots who cause their own mischief, and they don't bother taking advantage of drinking laws. They just ignore them. I see nothing wrong with the occasional drink (although I won't do it), but when it leads to binges and partying... .

As for me... I shouldn't have created my avatar... it was much more fun before people got a good idea of what I look like.

Fea
Old 07-22-2004, 12:51 PM   #288
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Estel has short dark brown hair and wears t-shirts and shorts. He is often seen with a bottle of water in hand. He whistles almost constantly.
Actually, my hair is not overly short or brown, I avoid wearing t-shirts as much as possible during the summer or while playing basketball, I almost never carry a bottle of water & I've never even stopped to learn how to whistle. In short, Eomer, you are wrong.

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 07-22-2004 at 04:05 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 03:23 PM   #289
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
As for me... I shouldn't have created my avatar... it was much more fun before people got a good idea of what I look like.
I like your avatar, Fea. and (from one girl to another; and i'm not gay... don't worry) you're actually quite good-looking. but it is fun to try to figure out what everyone looks like. but i'll let other people do the guessing.

cheers!

Elrond's (other) daughter
Old 07-22-2004, 05:02 PM   #290
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Fea, my hair is only light when the Sun is shining on it. In those situations it looks rather fetching! Its quite longish, I despise short hair.

Estel, you have a bushy brown moustache (despite your tender age), wellington boots, have one ear missing due to a fight with an iguana, shiny white teeth and piercing eyes. You also have the ability to hypnotise people. Sometimes you do this solely to steal their wallets.

Getting closer?
Old 07-22-2004, 07:40 PM   #291
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
you're actually quite good-looking
Thank you, Elrond's (other) Daughter... I'm touched, and no fears, I don't think you're weird or anything. I actually spend half of my spare time trying to convince my friends how gorgeous they are. "No, you are NOT fat." "Your nose is NOT too big." "Shut up you, I'm dead jealous of your curves." One of the many reasons I spend most of my time in the company of guys. They worry about important things... like who's gonna get the last slice of pizza! Or if they DO worry about how they look, they keep quiet about it.

Durelin: You are somewhat short, maybe 5'3"? With black hair that falls just below your shoulders. It is straight, but occasionally sticks out in weird places. Your eyes are bright green, and... what the? I just got a female Harry Potter image in my head. Wow... I guess I need to lay off the long bike rides and get some real sleep. Anyhow, you love art and music, and detest doing homework, unless you actually think it will help you with your learning. You are into snowboarding, perhaps. At least, that's how my over-extended imagination makes you out to be.

Fea
Old 07-23-2004, 07:21 AM   #292
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
One of the many reasons I spend most of my time in the company of guys. They worry about important things... like who's gonna get the last slice of pizza! Or if they DO worry about how they look, they keep quiet about it.
hear, hear! i'm with you on that.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:53 PM   #293
Nirvana II
Wight

Nirvana II has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elronds_daughter
Finally!! somebody outsmarted Nirvana!!!!
not totally,...taller, darker, kurt cobain doesnt me anything

Вы - пончик желе!

Я оказался снова.

Частное сообщение меня, если Вы понимаете.
Nirvana II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:37 PM   #294
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
i do shop at Hot Topic, but your wrong about the black, partially, and the goth, wrong
Quote:
5'10".....try 6'8"...i drink sobe...and i wear ecko jeans...and i wear pumas..and play bass guitar...not long black hair
So, Nirvana, you are exceptionally tall 22-year-old, somewhat of a grunge rocker, you've got at least partially black hair, although it is not long. Maybe short and spiky? Or of medium length. You have a large amount of piercings and tattoos, and don't like to fit into the typical mold.

Better?
Old 07-23-2004, 06:42 PM   #295
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Quote:
Its quite longish, I despise short hair.
Longish hair, eh? *gets a mental picture of a rather attractive Eomer*
(yes, I like longish hair)

Quote:
I actually spend half of my spare time trying to convince my friends how gorgeous they are. "No, you are NOT fat." "Your nose is NOT too big." "Shut up you, I'm dead jealous of your curves." One of the many reasons I spend most of my time in the company of guys. They worry about important things... like who's gonna get the last slice of pizza!
My friend is always complaining that her nose is too small...I finally got so annoyed I offered to pull on it every day until it was big enough for her. (yes, I stole the idea from Circle of Magic...So what?)
*grabs the last slice of pizza*
Old 07-23-2004, 08:14 PM   #296
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Estel, you have a bushy brown moustache (despite your tender age), wellington boots, have one ear missing due to a fight with an iguana, shiny white teeth and piercing eyes. You also have the ability to hypnotise people. Sometimes you do this solely to steal their wallets.
Well, I don't think I need to say much about this one . I will say I have no moustache, though. Other than that, I'm just going to have to hypnotize a bunch of people into forgetting my secret that you just blabbed, bub.

p.s. so, eomer, your hair is long? if it's straight, it must be nearly to your shoulders, if it's more curlyish-than it must just be...long .

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 07-23-2004 at 08:19 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 11:16 PM   #297
ninlaith
Wight

Hey Estel I don't think your hypnotisim works too well I still remember your secret. . But anyway it seems like you like videogames so you're either a little pudgy for the fact that some gamers like to munch with no inhabitions while playing or you could be sort of skinny from your being so enthraled by gaming that you don't give yourself time to eat or instead of gaming it could be all that movie watching. If I'm wrong I'm wrong.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:34 PM   #298
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Tolkien

Well personally there is only two people I can really imagine Saucepanman is one

I believe him look a bit hobbish always smokin a pipe and yet he has a strong stature a most admirable hobbit-like person

and Bombadil- A teenager tall black hair glasses but again do not be fooled he is mighty in confidence

perhaps i only imagine these two because their knowledge is more extensive then mine will ever be and i admire them for that

looks into crystal ball evceryone else is blurry
Old 07-24-2004, 05:11 AM   #299
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by elronds_daughter
I like your avatar, Fea. and (from one girl to another; and i'm not gay... don't worry) you're actually quite good-looking.
Ditto, Fea. Your avatar reminds me of Eowyn...a bit.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 11:08 AM   #300
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Oh Elennar you rock!
Old 07-24-2004, 01:34 PM   #301
ninlaith
Wight

Lhunardawen: I'm not doing so well in this thread but here goes. Your avatar is Eowyn so I think you might be blonde, 5'6, with green eyes. I don't know it's just a guess. Like I said I'm not doing so well in this one.
Old 07-24-2004, 01:53 PM   #302
pug of crydee

Shield

what r u guys talking about?
Old 07-24-2004, 01:59 PM   #303
pug of crydee

talk

somebody TALK!
Old 07-24-2004, 02:02 PM   #304
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
pug, please read the answers I have given you on several threads!! This is a forum, not a chatroom - posts are to be made only when you contribute to the discussion. If you wish to chat, please go to the chatroom - the link is on the "Newcomers - Introduce yourself here" thread. Please read before you post; if you continue to post needlessly, your posting privileges will be taken away.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 06:48 PM   #305
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
(yes, I stole the idea from Circle of Magic...So what?)
YES!!! Another Tam Pierce fan! I just finished (like... 20 minutes ago) Squire... again! Lady Knight comes next and then Trickster's Choice. And then I get to rereading Sandry's Book. My unfortunate (to others) habit of reading Pierce's work first to last, starting with Alanna, continuing through Daine and Kel, checking in on Aly, and then switching universes to the four. I actually go on Pierce binges. You really can't read just one! Sorry... back to the subject at hand before I get harassed for being off-topic:

Thank you, Lhunardawen and Elrond's (other) Daughter. I'm having a little trouble seeing myself as pretty (my "look" right now is the unintentional grunge look, as I've been cleaning all day, and I've got a pencil being used as a giant hair pin to keep at least some of my hair out of my face as I type!), but I'll take your words for it. See, I rarely think about my appearance, so it's always a shock when it gets noted.

Lush: now I know at least parts of this are inaccurate, since I've seen your picture on Alk's page, but this thread is supposed to be imagined images of each other... sooo... Lush is about 5'8", with long and flowing locks of auburn hair. You've got brilliantly green eyes, that are much practiced in the art of flirting. You have the ability to make the most worn out jeans and a t-shirt look like hot. Either that, or occasionally you leave human form and get stuck looking like a long-stemmed rose. Odd, ain't it?

Fea
Old 07-25-2004, 12:28 AM   #306
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninlaith
Lhunardawen: I'm not doing so well in this thread but here goes. Your avatar is Eowyn so I think you might be blonde, 5'6, with green eyes. I don't know it's just a guess. Like I said I'm not doing so well in this one.
*giggles* Amazing how one's avatar can affect how others envision him/her. No, I don't look the least like Eowyn. Or so I think. I could just wish I look like her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I'm having a little trouble seeing myself as pretty
I know exactly how you feel.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 07-25-2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old 07-25-2004, 06:44 PM   #307
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Oh Elennar you rock!
Why's that?

Quote:
YES!!! Another Tam Pierce fan!
D'ye want to have a PM discussion of Tam Pierce books?

Fea doesn't look so much like Eowyn to me, more like a Hobbit lass.

Let's see now...time for some more mental images...

Elrond's Daughter is of medium height and build, with brown eyes and dark curly hair. She likes to wear Spongebob Squarepants t-shirts, or perhaps Tweety bird with faded jeans and flipflop sandals in bright colours.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:03 PM   #308
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elennar Starfire
Fea doesn't look so much like Eowyn to me, more like a Hobbit lass.
True. But I just saw some resemblance to Eowyn in her eyes, I can't explain it.

Anyway, I think you (Elennar) look like Starfire in Teen Titans. Something about the name, I guess...
Old 07-25-2004, 08:03 PM   #309
ninlaith
Wight

Lhunardawen: I told you I wasn't very good at this thread. I just like watching everyone try to guess what each other looks like. For all I know you could be a guy. That being said you may not be as well. See what I mean! I'm no good!
Old 07-25-2004, 08:21 PM   #310
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Don't be too hard on yourself, ninlaith. I'm no good in imagining too. But I'm most definitely not a guy.
Old 07-25-2004, 09:04 PM   #311
ninlaith
Wight

Well thank you for the comforting words. I think I'll just remain a spectator for the time being. Or at least until my foresight kicks in....hehe....
Old 07-25-2004, 11:01 PM   #312
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Narya Lhunardawen

She is almost as tall as I am - call it 5'5" -, has shoulder-length black hair, with some trace of oriental blood in her - the eyes, mostly. And...

Ooops.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 09:16 AM   #313
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
D'ye want to have a PM discussion of Tam Pierce books?
Aye, that would be wonderful indeed, especially since I noticed a Tolkien parallel (not necessarily reference, but it was funny to see) last night: Stenman Kinslayer, anyone?

A hobbit lass? Me?? And here I was hoping for Elven beauty or somesuch romantical nonsense. I'm a little lacking in the Elven height department though... I could be a really young Elf... Ooh, wait: Peredhil! Mwahaha. Er... sorry 'bout that.

I really like the Eowyn image, although I'm not positive where it came from. I'm niether blonde, nor fair and cold, although I will beat the tar out of anyone who messes with me or the ones I love. Or at least threaten the tar out of them... amazing what people will believe if you throw enough rash [and fake] confidence into your speech. "You will stop this on your own, or I will make you stop. Pick one, but it will end." always works. As does "If you attempt to carry out your threats, I will break your jaw." Shamelessly stolen from Squire by Tamora Pierce.

Finwe: You are about 5'6", with long black hair with deep red lowlights. Your eyes are so dark brown that they are nearly black, and seem to hold an eternity's worth of wisdom beneath the surface. Actually, for anybody with the same musical taste as me, I picture Finwe as looking like Christina Scabbia from Lacuna Coil.

Fea

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 07-26-2004 at 09:18 AM. Reason: typing error
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 06:46 PM   #314
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm a Tam Pierce fan too

My avatar says very little about me other than that I have a crush Faramir (Blushes)

I spent a long time reading this WHOLE thread. I really had to laugh about Eomer in a Tartan Kilt but I don't remeber who mentioned that.

I actually imagined most people a bit geekish or bookish. I never really thought about what you guys would look like.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:33 PM   #315
ninlaith
Wight

Well Lathriel, I know you're female for the fact of the little crush on Faramir (or at least I hope you're female). I'm not good at this thread but I think i'll give it a shot again. I see....brown hair....maybe hazel eyes and about 5'6''. I know i'm way off but humor me.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:09 PM   #316
Lathriel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Wandering through Middle-Earth (Sadly in Alberta and not ME)
Lathriel has just left Hobbiton.
I am indeed female and my hair is brown so you were spot on about that.
and 6'5" is close but not completly accurate so I guess my appearnce is easy to guess.

I'm not like Estel or Eomer, there were so many people guessing what they looked like it was funny reading all those posts.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:01 PM   #317
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye So sorry for being away...

Quote:
One of the many reasons I spend most of my time in the company of guys. They worry about important things... like who's gonna get the last slice of pizza! Or if they DO worry about how they look, they keep quiet about it.
Actually, the reason we don't worry about how we look is because we don't usually have any appearance problems that require more than a few minutes to fix. At least, I usually don't.
Quote:
A hobbit lass? Me?? And here I was hoping for Elven beauty or somesuch romantical nonsense.
Actually, from your avatar you do look somewhat like Arwen.

Anyway, sorry for being absent for such a long time. Two camp weeks back to back, can you say "tired"? And this guy in my cabin always having way too much caffeine and keeping everyone awake didn't help either...*yawn* But anyway, I managed to pull off a creepily accurate Gollum impression for some "spirit points" for my cabin during a volleyball contest.

OK, back on topic. I'm not quite sure why people have always imagined me with black hair, but my hair has always been blond. And if I liked to play with dangerous chemicals as somebody mentioned earlier, my house would probably be reduced to a huge smoking crater by now.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing as Feanor and putting my picture up as an avatar. If anybody thinks that would be spoiling something, now's the time to speak up.
Old 07-27-2004, 12:07 AM   #318
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

You guys finally managed to pin down Eomer! I missed all that, and his consession, but now I'm back, in full force, and ready to say:

Nilpaurion Felagund: You are around 6 feet, with long light hair. You've got grey eyes, and when you're not on the computer or reading, you're staring longingly out at the ocean horizon.
Saraphim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 03:19 AM   #319
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
I believe him look a bit hobbish always smokin a pipe and yet he has a strong stature a most admirable hobbit-like person
Hmm, I like that image so feel free to stick with it.

Quote:
Two camp weeks back to back
*Imagines Meneltarmacil nancing around like one of the Elves at Helm's Deep for two weeks*

Old 07-27-2004, 06:37 AM   #320
ninlaith
Wight

Meneltarmacil: You said you like to play with chemicals so how do we know if your hair hasn't been "bleached" or "peroxided" blond. You may just be dying your hair blond to fool all the BD's. Just kidding. So anyway I am assuming you're female for the fact that I know if I did my Gollum impression in front of my guy friends they'd all laugh at me and think I was weird. Maybe about 5'5''. And maybe you're blond????? Oh well I'm probably wrong. I always am in this thread.