The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2005, 07:28 PM   #121
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

Quote:
Strange for these three people to use the same incriminating word, is it not?
Are we reduced to such desperation that we regard this as telling evidence? My use of the word was, in any event, was in a different context.

Quote:
I believe that Anguirel and Fea are both werewolves.

Today, let us vote for Anguirel. If he turns out to be a werewolf, then we'll lynch Fea tomorrow.
To my mind, the cloaked one talks sense. And so, since I will be unable to vote again before nightfall, it is with a heavy heart that I must nominate ++ANGUIREL for the chop.
Old 05-13-2005, 07:51 PM   #122
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
I see that my use of reasoning on how to dislodge doubt has turned against me. Now, I must try my hardest to sway feelings away; or must I? I suppose the safest thing to do is to let you think what you want.

So the votes are:

SPM -- 2
Anguirel -- 3

Is that right?

I probably won't be able to post again before the time comes, so I must with a heavy heart cast my vote for ++ANGUIREL even though it is very out of character. Please don't think evil of me...

bilbo_baggins
Old 05-13-2005, 07:53 PM   #123
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Alas, it seems too soon to make any decisions without being hasty. Based on such evidence as we have, however, I believe that ++ANGUIREL must be the next to go.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 07:57 PM   #124
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
The Eye Mr. Hangman, of your courtesy please...

As usual, phantom's reasoning is hard to argue against. I think it is worth a try.

++ANGUIREL
Old 05-13-2005, 08:03 PM   #125
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Then we have our first victim!

Anguirel, step forward to the noose, if you will, man....

Terribly sorry, BTW, old chum. Didn't mean to look pushy or anything.

It is 6 votes isn't it?

bilbo_baggins

Last edited by bilbo_baggins; 05-13-2005 at 08:07 PM.
bilbo_baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:18 PM   #126
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm sorry to see you go Anguirel, but since it seems my vote is moot I will hold my tongue and wish you a pain free death.
Old 05-13-2005, 08:23 PM   #127
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye For Whom the Bell Tolls

With four votes in the last four posts, ANGUIREL's total reaches six, and he is immediately bound and led toward the gallows, with the mob screaming behind him in a maddened frenzy. As he stumbles up the stairs, he looks down on his accusers with a look of horror in his eyes, as if to say "Why?". Tears rolls down his face as the hangman places a burlap sack over his head, and his cries are muffled by his mask as the noose is fit snuggly around his neck. Without fanfare or pause, the lever is pulled and Anguirel falls downward with a sickening thud...

... but not the expected *snap* of the neck...

... though the villagers had braced themselves for their victim's neck to break loudly, they were unprepared for what happened next. Intead of the silence of death, the mob heard a horrible shriek and a wail as if the hounds of hell had been released. Anguirel's body writhed and shook at the end of the rope, and his head rolled back to reveal a ghastly maul of fangs and blood. His arms, tied behind his back, flexed in mounds of monstrous flesh that threatend to break the beast's bonds. But the villagers had tied the knots correctly, just as they had correctly deduced the beast among them.

The entire village cheered as the werewolf slowly choked to death on the shaking gibbet.

Living
  • mormegil
  • The Saucepan Man
  • the phantom
  • Primrose Bolger
  • Firefoot
  • Oddwen
  • Feanor of the Peredhil
  • bilbo_baggins
  • Kuruharan
  • Mithalwen

Dead
  • Shelob (Villager) - killed by werewolves during Night 1
  • Anguirel (Werewolf) - hanged on Day 1

Score
Werewolves: 2
Villagers: 8

NIGHT begins at 6AM tomorrow and ends at 6PM tomorrow evening. There are still two werewolves in the village, and someone is going to die!!

Last edited by The Barrow-Wight; 05-14-2005 at 07:22 AM.
The Barrow-Wight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #128
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots Congratulations!! You deserve an ovation!!

Please allow me to extend my compliments and salute the deductive skills of the phantom, Mithalwen, and Saucepan Man.

Job well done!!
Old 05-13-2005, 08:42 PM   #129
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Celebrate!!!!

What about me? I had him figured out long ago. Good job you voted for him too.

So even if I die tonight, I will tell you all now that I think Feanor was another of the werewolves. But who will be the third? Or did someone vote for another werewolf? Shoot one of your one?

Who will know?

bilbo_baggins
Old 05-13-2005, 08:47 PM   #130
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
I'm sorry to see you go Anguirel, but since it seems my vote is moot I will hold my tongue and wish you a pain free death.

Well I recant and hope that it was painful beyond belief you blight to our beautiful village.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:26 PM   #131
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Please allow me to extend my compliments and salute the deductive skills of the phantom, Mithalwen, and Saucepan Man.
Thank you sir.

*bows*

And so, I am proven correct. Anguirel was indeed a werewolf. Whichever one of you is the seer, use your gift wisely during the next night. Most of us are fairly confident that Fea is a wolf, but you can dream about her just to make sure. However, if you are already certain about Fea, then try to discover the third werewolf.
Quote:
But who will be the third?
Well, I said earlier that I suspected Primrose Bolger, but despite popular belief, I am not entirely infallible.

*sigh* Why do I get the feeling that either Saucy or I will die tonight?

Hey werewolves, you should eat Saucy instead of me. I mean, you wouldn't have to go looking for something to cook him in- he's already wearing all the pans you need.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:04 AM   #132
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Night

DAY has ended and NIGHT is here. No more talking until 6PM this evening when I will reveal who the werewolves have killed.

*** A reminder***
When you are dead, you are dead, and cannot particpate in public or private discussions. I'm sure players will want to continue to support their team, but the survivors will have to make it on the own.

Last edited by The Barrow-Wight; 05-14-2005 at 08:24 AM.
The Barrow-Wight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 04:45 PM   #133
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Dark-Eye NIGHT 2 is over

The villagers awoke to a bright morning, surprised that they had each slept soundly through the night. No noises had kept them from slumber, and even the wind had lain silent, like a warm blanket over a cold nightmare that faded with the stars. When dawn arrived, people slowly emerged from their homes, wondering if the wolfish menace had moved on to another town, scared off by clever inhabitants of the small hamlet. Perhaps Anguirel’s death had convinced them to find easier victims.

Mormegil waved to The Phantom, and both shared a cheerful ‘good morning’ with Primrose Bolger and Firefoot. Together, the four old friends walked around the town, checking in on Oddwen, Feanor, and Bilbo_Baggins. Kuruharan joined the group, and at last even Mithalwen emerged from her tiny but picturesque cottage. Everyone was safe, it seemed.

“Well,” asked someone, “are we missing anyone?”

“Where’s The Saucepan Man?”

“Cooking us a good breakfast, I should hope. Let us go down to the tavern and see.”

Convinced that they had rid themselves of their beastly troubles, the villagers walked to Saucepan’s place with all expectations of a good breakfast and some hot coffee. But when they approached his home, their faces fell, and the horror of the previous day came rushing back like an avalanche of stones.

The Saucepan Man’s front door hung ajar, silent as the night had been, and from inside came no noise or light. They carefully entered, suddenly expecting the worst. But they were surprised to find everything in place and unmolested. The last embers of the evening’s fire glowed dully in the hearth, and a great pan still hung where the Saucepan Man did much of his cooking.

“Perhaps he did make breakfast, after all,” said someone, looking for a plate and some silverware.

But they were wrong. The pan was indeed full of flesh, but when the villagers discovered what was simmering over the dying fire, they all began to scream.

Living
  • mormegil
  • the phantom
  • Primrose Bolger
  • Firefoot
  • Oddwen
  • Feanor of the Peredhil
  • bilbo_baggins
  • Kuruharan
  • Mithalwen

Dead
  • Shelob (Villager) - mangled by werewolves during Night 1
  • Anguirel (Werewolf) - hanged on Day 1
  • The Saucepan Man (Villager) – shredded and simmered by werewolves during Night 2

Score
Werewolves: 2
Villagers: 7

It is now DAY. All players can talk publicly in the thread until 6PM tomorrow evening, when we will hang someone. Of course, if a majority vote is reached earlier, we may get to string someone up before 6PM.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:01 PM   #134
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

ouch

I am very glad that I didn't die, but I am still very sorry for Saucepan Man. What a truly sad way to die. At least we know he was innocent then. Why did Fea then say she heard pans?

I am fairly certain who did it, but to retain my innocence I will withold judgement.

bilbo_baggins

Last edited by bilbo_baggins; 05-14-2005 at 05:15 PM.
bilbo_baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 05:07 PM   #135
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Fea screamed at the sight before them before falling into a dead faint. The phantom caught her, lowering her to the floor where she slowly came to. Realizing why she was on the floor, she started to tremble, looking into the faces of those likely to lynch her next. She was scared.

Friends... remember when I said I was allied with no-one? Well, I was telling the truth. Is it my fault that Anguirel tried to hide his own guilt behind my innocence? Is there any better way to try and mask your guilt than by taking the side of one not guilty?

I am dreadfully sorry about The Saucepan Man... I feel pretty bad now. And did those werewolves honestly need to come up with such a grisly death? They couldn't just have... I dunno... slit his throat quietly or something? So messy...

But I've been thinking about this all night, when I wasn't sunk into a dreamless and deep sleep... The werewolves wouldn't dream of killing me, not because I am one of them, but because I am conveniently the target you are all fixing on! If they could convince you that I am one of them, than they wouldn't need to kill me... you'd do it for them, leaving them wide open to kill another villager!

But don't take my word for it... I was feeling like Galileo when I went to bed last night... just because I pointed out a scientific fact about wolves, you'll now all think I need to die.

Right now... I've learned my lesson when it comes to accusing with only what I thought I heard for evidence. And since I slept so soundly and didn't even hear the wind... I feel I must hold my tongue when it comes to factless accusations. Passion over-took my common sense yesterday, but today, level-headedness shall prevail... I hope. Unless, of course, you all plan on killing me. In that case, I may just have to make a passionate plea for my innocence.

Quote:
Now that I think on it, in the wee hours of the night I did see the phantom, before the slaying was discovered, having a private moment with someone online . . .
Primrose, that private moment didn't happen to be around 1:07 AM EST, did it?
Old 05-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #136
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Okay we still have a werewolf among us and we need to eradicate this problem. We were successful yesterday and I hope that we can be so today. We know now that Anguirel was in cahoots so this quote may help in our search of the partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Mithalwen has been strangely quiet after her initial inquiries...but surely...it could not be her...after all, she is of the Quendi...isn't she? Still, still, some say they skulk in elf form as well. Let a swift rider be dispatched to Nargothrond to see if the rumours are true.

In the meantime, there is no place for name-calling and prejudice in this village, and, though it pains me to say it, Oddwen's ridiculous and ill-founded lambasting of our friendly neighbourhood warhorse would seem to hint that she is either dangerously rash...or not one of us.

I believe Feanor acted in good faith, out of grief at the stricken spider, who was very dear to her. Accuse her not. She merely tried to do her duty.

What of the phantom? A dread spirit of darkness and wrath; 'twould be no great surprise to find him a visitor at Tol-in-Gaurhoth...
While not fool proof I think we can see that Anguirel supported Firefoot and Feanor. Could it be that she tried to calm our suspicions and throw us off their tracks? What is the opinion of our citizens?
Old 05-14-2005, 05:14 PM   #137
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Having seen some foolish people not being discreet about PM'ing, (I have done it myself) I think I have some paths to follow. But I name no names for now as I don't want to be completely wrong.

But I will say this: mormegil, I think that either you are very clever and are a werewolf yourself, or (as I think) you are on the right track.

bilbo_baggins
Old 05-14-2005, 05:20 PM   #138
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Alas I am innocent on both accounts of being a werewolf or clever. Merely I thought to check who Anguirel supported and came to conclusions from that. Currently my heart pities poor Feanor and her pleas seem to be that of an innocent. Seem mind you, I'm not certain, but unless I get a good alibi from Firefoot my heart directs me to her being the werewolf among us. Notice how Anguirel affectionally called her the warhorse and avoided saying her very name. Attempt to say a guilty is innocent?
Old 05-14-2005, 05:21 PM   #139
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Having seen some foolish people not being discreet about PM'ing, (I have done it myself) I think I have some paths to follow. But I name no names for now as I don't want to be completely wrong.
Yes, I'm a fool. I keep forgetting to ghost myself. Don't bother following this particular path... it was a PM to littlemanpoet discussing my signature. Ask him if you don't believe me.

But I do thank you for not wanting to name names... it shows good faith, and I shall return good faith with good faith.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:23 PM   #140
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
But I do thank you for not wanting to name names... it shows good faith, and I shall return good faith with good faith.

Does this mean you won't kill me if you really are a werewolf?

bilbo_baggins
Old 05-14-2005, 05:24 PM   #141
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Maybe.

Or it just means that I won't vote to get you lynched right away.

You know how these things go.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:56 PM   #142
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots Where now the pot on the burner,

...Where is the pan that was boiling?

Quote:
Or it just means that I won't vote to get you lynched right away.
How charitable of you...

If I may venture an opinion.

I don't think that all this preliminary thrashing about is really doing anybody any good. I think it is best to wait until the phantom and Mithalwen post with their ideas before we all start randomly running about like a bunch of headless chickens. After all, they, along with poor Saucepan alas!, were right the first time. I think, in recognition of that, it is only fair that we give them first crack (or at least something vaguely approximating first crack) at the new situation. After they have expressed their views...then we can start randomly running about like a bunch of headless chickens.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:02 PM   #143
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Fea being curious:

All quotes from the phantom:

Quote:
Now, keeping that in mind, the primary suspects appear to be Fea and Anguirel. However, it is a known fact that werewolves kill their own families and dearest friends first, so that puts Fea in the clear since I, her very dear friend, am still alive.
My first qualm with this is that, as tp says, we've got the very dear friend thing going, and I know him well. Why would tp say something as obviously unfactual as that wolves prey on their families? He's brilliant. He knows better, or at least, should. Although he seems to be saying this to clear my name, I'm just having trouble seeing the phantom so blatantly wrong. It just doesn't happen. Which leads me to think that maybe it was a Freudian slip.

Quote:
What's this, Fea? I tried to shift some guilt off of you onto Anguirel and then you poke a hole in my reasoning? It seems you are willing to protect Anguirel, even if it puts you at greater risk.
Take that thinking a little bit farther: it seems, my friend, that your willingness to protect me puts you at the most risk, given that I am currently at the top of the list of those under suspicion. Why would you be willing to protect me, although it may be for the simple reason of friendship? Given your intellect, I would think more that you would well know the danger this puts you in.

Quote:
And for you people who are suspecting me... you big sillies. You know me better than that. The victim (Shelob) was mangled beyond recognition. That is not my style. If Shelob would've been found with absolutely no marks on her and with a taunting letter in her pocket, then I would be the primary suspect, but a messy bloody killing- uhg, definitely not me. I hate it when one of my cloaks gets stained.
Of course we know you better than that. That's why nobody in their right mind would suspect you. And, like I've said, you of all people would know that. Why in the world would your M.O. for a brutal crime be something that could be immediately traced to you?

This is all horrible evidence, and I admit that freely. But I still have this lurking suspicion. I'm am not accusing anybody... all I wanted to put in the open is that the phantom is not being his usual annoyingly accurate and makes-you-want-to-slap-him self. He usually thinks this sort of thing through.

Quote:
I believe that Anguirel and Fea are both werewolves.
I believe that either the phantom honestly believes that I'm a werewolf, or he's trying to deflect the blame onto me when he knows perfectly well that he is the one we should lynch.

Just thoughts...
Old 05-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #144
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Question Question for the Wight

I realize that I am asking for a statement of the obvious, but I'd still like to have it said just to make sure there are no misunderstandings on down the line.

I assume the necessary vote is five now...

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:18 PM   #145
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Thumbs up

You are correct, Kuruharan. With the village reduced to nine residents, five votes is a majority vote and enough to lynch someone.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:02 PM   #146
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

mormegil, I do not understand your unfounded accusations of me. Yes, Anguirel did support me, though it was by no doing of mine. Perhaps he, being a werewolf, saw that there would be some value in keeping me around, or did not perceive me as a threat. Clearly this was not so as I myself helped vote him out. You might say that this was to cover my own skin, as bilbo_baggins suggested someone might do. But why would I do this if there was already some suspicion over me? Especially if we were, as you suggest, in league with Fea, who is also under a great deal of suspicion. After all, there are only three werewolves and many more villagers. If we supposed-werewolves were all in danger, would we not do our best to keep ourselves around? I thought so.

Back to Anguirel's support of me. It is clear that Anguirel was very insecure in his position as a werewolf. He did a great deal of thrashing around and blindly accusing and defending people. Perhaps he had some strategy that he thought would work, perhaps to confuse others as to his true allies? After all, why would he bring deliberate and obvious aid to both his own teammates?

I have done nothing to you, mormegil, to make you feel the need to thrash out at me. I have done very little accusing and none to you, and even that was more of commenting than accusing. My guess is that one of those whom I pointed out as being dangerous (Fea or phantom) is actually one of your werewolf comrades. Of course they would not attack me directly, but by having you do it, it would cover their tracks. I also notice that you did not actually vote at all; rather you originally wished Anguirel a pain-free death, which wish you then conspicuously changed after the fact to a wish for a painful beyond belief death. What better deal could you get? You didn't have to vote out one of your own, and you even got to make yourself look good doing it! I have yet to hear a convincing alibi from you, other than "I'm innocent!" Most of your work has been accusing others.

I do not wish to accuse you, but as you seem bent on accusing me, I am led to believe that your only reason for doing so is that you somehow feel threatened by me.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:06 PM   #147
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Why would tp say something as obviously unfactual as that wolves prey on their families?
Not wolves necessarily- werewolves kill the ones they love. If you want it in writing, just look here at this plot summary of the 1994 movie "Wolf". It specifically mentions the fact that werewolves kill the ones they love, so don't even try to say that my statement was unfounded.
Quote:
your willingness to protect me puts you at the most risk, given that I am currently at the top of the list of those under suspicion. Why would you be willing to protect me, although it may be for the simple reason of friendship? Given your intellect, I would think more that you would well know the danger this puts you in.
I protected you for a few reasons.
1 I was more sure of Anguirel than I was of you
2 I didn't want people to split their votes between you and Anguirel. That would have left open the possibility that neither of you would get lynched. I wanted to put forth one single clear-cut candidate to unite the other townspeople.
3 Since there was a chance, however small, that I was wrong, I wanted to kill Anguirel rather than you since you are such a good friend (no harm intended Ang, you're cool too ).
Quote:
the phantom is not being his usual annoyingly accurate and makes-you-want-to-slap-him self
Yes I am. Ask the dead werewolf.

Here's a breakdown of who is left and what I think of them.

mormegil- fairly suspicious
the phantom- not a werewolf
Primrose Bolger- fairly suspicious
Firefoot- not too suspicious
Oddwen- a tiny bit suspicious
Feanor of the Peredhil- very suspicious
bilbo_baggins- not too suspicious
Kuruharan- not too suspicious
Mithalwen- not too suspicious

That's all I have time for right now. I will post some reasons why as well as more thoughts later on tonight (four or five hours from now).
Old 05-14-2005, 07:28 PM   #148
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Primrose Bolger has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Poor Saucy! Sorry to say I thought badly of him and did think he might be one of the Werewolves.

I have to say that in the end, I was swayed by the phantom’s logic. He really was right about Anguirel. And I found him persuasive about Feanor of the Peredhil.

Perhaps we should go with his previous recommendation. Since Anguirel has been eliminated, let’s choose the phantom’s other choice, FotP.

I am saddened that anyone would think me a ravening beast . . . far from it . . . far from it . . . and that’s the truth . . .

-o- Primrose
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue
Primrose Bolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 07:37 PM   #149
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Ahh...how does the saying go?

"the phantom has posted...we now have some groundings for assertions."

However, since Mithalwen was also one of the first to get it right, I'm going to wait before charging off pell mell in all directions at once.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #150
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Firefoot I will respond to your defense and seeming accusations later in about 3 to 4 hours.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:52 PM   #151
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Firefoot's case

Quote:
mormegil, I do not understand your unfounded accusations of me
Unfounded you say? I believe I have presented the only credible evidence that we have available to us and you call it unfounded. I will let our intelligent community decide on that point.

Quote:
Yes, Anguirel did support me, though it was by no doing of mine. Perhaps he, being a werewolf, saw that there would be some value in keeping me around, or did not perceive me as a threat.
Exactly, you weren't a threat to him and there is a great value for keeping you around. I think Anguirel was too careless in his words and you seeing this folly attempted to cover your tracks by voting him to be lynched, knowing that a near majority had been reached and by so voting you could hope to absolve yourself of a partnership with him.

Quote:
If we supposed-werewolves were all in danger, would we not do our best to keep ourselves around? I thought so.
And that is what was attempted by Ang and yourself. As stated when you saw him already marching to the noose you voted for him. As you mentioned I abstained from voting and made it clear that my vote is irrelevant because majority had been reached. However, are we to think that a werewolf is above sacrificing a friend to save her own skin?

Quote:
Most of your work has been accusing others.
This is in reference to me obviously and I submit that I am one of the few who is trying to look for actual evidence and solve our mystery. Our dear Saucepan Man was another. I think I have only accused one person and that would be you. With the others it was more of a question and not accusation.

Quote:
I do not wish to accuse you, but as you seem bent on accusing me, I am led to believe that your only reason for doing so is that you somehow feel threatened by me.
I most definitely feel threatened by you. Much as anybody would be a werewolf.

My fellow citizens I implore you to take a look at the facts and weigh them accordingly. Firefoot has been supported by Ang. Jumped on the bandwagon to save her own wooly hide and is attempting to confuse reason and logic with naught but rubbish and lies. Now I have taken a bold stance and spoken plainly about the case and I expect in one way or another to be dead by tomorrow. I urge you to vote Firefoot and the remaining wolf will attack me tonight. If I am lynched however you will find that I am innocent and only trying to protect this town from murderers. I am willing to put my own life on the line for justice and the betterment of our society. My vote is for ++FIREFOOT
Old 05-15-2005, 12:43 AM   #152
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay... I promised I would give some explanations for my suspicions, so here they are.

Mormegil-
In the first round, he listed his suspects as Ang, Fea, Firefoot, and I. It is possible that he included Ang and Fea on his guilt list to make himself look good in case they were indeed executed (which seemed likely at the time), and perhaps he rather would've seen Ff or I lynched. In the next post, Morm says that he doesn't suspect Fea any more (a retraction), he doesn't mention Ang (an omission), but he still names Ff and I as suspects. If Ang and Fea are both werewolves, it is entirely possible that Morm initially accused them to make himself look guiltless in case they were killed and took his accusations back in hopes that his werewolf pals wouldn't actually be killed. Morm never cast a vote either. Was he trying to remain unsoiled, or could he not bring himself to cast a stone at a fellow werewolf? And now, he has voted for Firefoot. To me, his anti-Firefoot reasoning is not all that solid. It is possible that he is desperately trying to find an alternative to Fea for people to vote for (assuming that Fea is the other wolf).

Primrose Bolger-
I found it odd that Prim accused the same three people (Saucy, Bilbo, and I) as Ang and Fea. Was she just going with the flow, or was she in league with them? She didn't cast a vote either. Was she not anxious to lynch anyone, or was she lying low? Also, in her last post, she gave an innocent sounding farewell to Saucy (she "did think he might be one of the werewolves"), and she also made an effort to get on my good side and suggested that we follow my plan of lynching Fea. Is she willing to cast a stone at her sister-wolf because she figures she's gone anyway? But if Prim is a wolf and the other is someone like Morm, then she's obviously only wanting to go along with me because it would result in killing an innocent Fea.

Firefoot-
She hasn't done much to gain my attention and she also voted to kill a werewolf. Perhaps she thought that it was a done deal and that she would cast a vote to make her look innocent, but that doesn't seem right somehow. She went along with it too easily.

Oddwen-
Oddwen's immediate vote for Firefoot might be suspicious to some, but the way it was written and when it was cast... I think Odd was just having a spot of fun (Odd later took the vote back). Oddwen hasn't posted much either, and didn't vote. I can't completely rule Oddwen out as perhaps a werewolf trying to lay low, but I don't think that's right.

Fea-
As I pointed out on day one, Fea and Ang seemed to be working together, and Ang was proven to be a monster. This places Fea firmly as the number one hanging candidate. If she is not a werewolf, the wolves for sure wouldn't kill her since she takes suspicion off of them onto her own shoulders, but does that somehow cancel out her incriminating behavior?

Bilbo-
From the beginning Bilbo generally seemed to be thinking along the same lines as me, and when the voting was still up in the air (between Ang and Saucy), Bilbo voted to lynch the true werewolf. Of course, it is technically possible that Bilbo is a wolf, but I seriously doubt it.

Kuru-
Kuru has remained calm and level headed, but is this simply a ploy? During Day 1, he voted for Anguirel, but only when one more vote was required (in other words, Ang's demise was already inevitable). Perhaps Kuru thought that if he got in a quick anti-wolf vote that it would get people's eyes off of him. The only person he really implicated during day one was Fea. He was willing to go along with the "kill Ang, then kill Fea" plan, but perhaps only because Ang was going to die anyway and he knew that Fea was an innocent townsperson. So I definitely can't rule Kuru out- I know he's smart enough to pull one over on us- but for now I would lynch others before Kuru.

Mith-
Mith made good points and was the second to vote for Anguirel. That was a risky strategy for a werewolf. At that point in the game, the innocent Saucy was on his way to the chopper. Mith is perhaps the most innocent in my mind (next to myself, of course).

the phantom-
Fea's assertion that I am guilty lies somewhere between improbable and impossible. I was the first to vote for Anguirel. When the voting was still undecided, I made this anti-Anguirel post, which was quickly followed by a torrent of votes and Anguirel's hanging.

Also, Fea is the last person who should accuse me. Ang and Fea were both in the same boat on day 1. Had I desired, I easily could have switched their places in my posts and said "today hang Fea, tomorrow hang Anguirel". Now- if I am really a wolf and Fea is truly innocent, why in the world would I have passed up a free opportunity to kill an innocent person- a free pass for all three werewolves to move into the next round? Not to mention that if Fea was hung and found out to be a common person, much of the blame placed on Anguirel would then be lifted, which would definitely be good for the wolves. But instead of doing that, I lead the charge to kill my fellow wolf? No way. I'm smarter than that. There is no way that I am a wolf and Fea is innocent. It doesn't work. As a matter of fact, it is more likely that we both are werewolves (which I hope you all see as highly unlikely).

The most obvious choice is that Fea is a wolf and I am not. The second best choice is that we are both innocent. Neither of those choices include phantom=wolf.

There- I've said my piece. Now, let us see what Mith has to say.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:11 AM   #153
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

mormegil - I see that you refuse to read my defense with an open mind. Rather, you (mis)interpreted all that I said to fit your accusation that I am a werewolf, calling my words "rubbish" and "lies." They are neither, but in light of your current stance I refuse to argue with you about my innocence for two reasons: 1) I believe I have said all that I need to prove my innocence in my first post, and 2) all that I say will merely be twisted by you into "evidence of my guilt" anyway.

That being said, I have some points to make about you. For one thing, your primary grounds of assault have been my supposed associations with Anguirel. You claim his defense of me is proof of our alliance, yet Anguirel also defended Fea, and you now claim that you believe Fea to be innocent. This, I would say, is hypocrisy. Additionally, if you are to make the claim that the defense of another person is a sign of wolvish comradery, I would point out that you are doing the very same in defending Fea. Fea, who, might I add, is the current primary suspect for being a werewolf and was also defended by Anguirel.

You are clever, mormegil, very clever. But I think you to be also hasty. You claim that you seek justice and the betterment of society, yet would not one who seeks to do just that wait and review all the evidence with an open mind?

I do not yet cast my vote, but know that you are a fair candidate, whether this time around or the next.

Last edited by Firefoot; 05-15-2005 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:40 AM   #154
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
I do not yet cast my vote, but know that you are a fair candidate, whether this time around or the next.
Oh don't worry, I know that by sticking my neck out this far I would be liable to die soon. As you point out I may die this time (lynching) or next (Werewolf killing).

My attitude toward Fea has lessened, but I don't think she is clear. One might still hold suspicions of somebody but set that aside to single out somebody he has much more suspicion of so as to more fully focus his attention.

Quote:
Firefoot-
She hasn't done much to gain my attention and she also voted to kill a werewolf. Perhaps she thought that it was a done deal and that she would cast a vote to make her look innocent, but that doesn't seem right somehow. She went along with it too easily.

--Phantom

Phantom don't you think that is a perfect ploy of the guilty, to not draw too much attention to herself and yet appear that she is actively participating. She only voted for Ang when she knew that there was not saving him.
Old 05-15-2005, 07:52 AM   #155
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Quote:
Phantom don't you think that is a perfect ploy of the guilty, to not draw too much attention to herself and yet appear that she is actively participating. She only voted for Ang when she knew that there was not saving him.
I want you to note something. The last four votes for Anguirel (SpM, bilbo_baggins, me, and Kuruharan) all happened within a half hour of each other, and not much time after phantom proposed his plan of Anguirel then Fea. I actually cross-posted with bilbo, so my vote would actually have been the fourth. I do not call this no chance to save Anguirel.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:09 AM   #156
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

Noon has passed and night approaches, and the accusations are flying, but I want to remind everyone again of the rules. This is not an accusation of anyone, just a reminder, but if you are guilty, please refrain.

1) Only werewolves may talk in private about this game.
2) When you are dead, you are out of the game and cannot help or give comment or advice.

I know people are enthusiastic about this game, but to have it played out correctly, these two rules must be strictly followed. Violators will be barrow-wighted.
Old 05-15-2005, 08:12 AM   #157
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Now- if I am really a wolf and Fea is truly innocent, why in the world would I have passed up a free opportunity to kill an innocent person- a free pass for all three werewolves to move into the next round?
Sacrificing one for the good of the many, my dear friend. Because you know perfectly well that, with me as the prime suspect, suspicion is taken away, temporarily thought it may be, from almost everyone else! If you are a werewolf, than you know also that you can kill me at any time, that people aren't going to believe me anyways, that I'm probably going to get lynched. You would sacrifice Anguirel in hopes that it would raise suspicion against me even higher, which, go figure, it did! So now, no matter who I vote for, whether I'm certain they're guilty or not, nobody will believe me, except perhaps mormegil, who claims to believe me innocent. And that's another thing... why does mormegil believe me innocent when nobody else does? Is he the seer? That would be nice, because then I'd know he's not a lying, cheating werewolf (because only werewolves and the seer know who's innocent). But he's making a target of himself to remark on my innocence. Better to go with the flow and say nice, apologetic words, and cry a lot at my funeral.

The idea is, since I'm almost guaranteed to die at the hands of my fellow innocents, why waste a good midnight murdering on me? If you've got a gut instinct that you know I'll be right about my accusations (sorry again, Saucy), than you'd want people to discount my opinions. I work excellently as a good facade for the werewolves because suspicion is already there. They need not worry about being voted off. The villiagers will take me, and they will have another night to ransack our people!

And besides that, I wasn't accusing anybody. See? I even wrote it last night:

Quote:
I'm am not accusing anybody...
Now,

Quote:
The most obvious choice is that Fea is a wolf and I am not. The second best choice is that we are both innocent. Neither of those choices include phantom=wolf.
Oh stop that. I've already told you I'm innocent. Go ahead and kill me. I hope you all feel bad when you hear my neck snap. This is just like the Salem witch trials... You drown the suspect and if they die, sorry, we'll pray a lot for you, and if you live, you're a witch! It's kind of a backwards way of proving innocence, y'all.

Right now I'm in a quandry... I must be leaving soon, and I'm not sure if I'll be back before the day is up. So I must vote. I am all torn up about the phantom. While in my heart I want to believe that he's innocent, there are a few loose ends that just won't tie up. He knows that I wanted Saucy lynched... I said so myself. And who got killed last night?

What's a better way to keep suspicion on me than to kill the one that I wanted dead?

Quote:
Hey werewolves, you should eat Saucy instead of me. I mean, you wouldn't have to go looking for something to cook him in- he's already wearing all the pans you need.
The phantom isn't ghosted. We already know that. This looks like it could be a covert way to communicate with his fellows that would draw no suspicion. After all, better to hide in the open, and all that. And besides... they did EXACTLY what the phantom suggested. It could be a coincidence... but I'm not sure.

And he told us that he's played this game before... he knows all about playing mind games. His thinking is deep, and you can't put much past him. I don't want to kill you, tp, but I don't want to die. You seem to be the leader of the let's kill Fea group, and that puts you on my bad side at the moment.

I doubt that you are the seer, since I'm innocent, and you're so eager to kill me off. A seer wouldn't try so hard to kill a plain old villager. So either you're just an outspoken villager, or you're a werewolf who's playing mind games with me and the rest.

Either way fits you so darned well, it's difficult. And that's another thing... Everybody, this is directed to you. There is a difference between being outspoken and being guilty. Remember that.

Since I have to go now, I must regretfully put forth that I believe ++the phantom is one of the bad guys. No hard feelings, ol' chum. Many apologies if I'm wrong. Seer, would you please check on this theory during the night? I only wish I had time to follow the rest of the day's discussion, but I really must be off. RL calls.

But since I doubt I'll be home when the lynching occurs, here are my last words a little in advance, if indeed you kill me:

"Ha. Ha. Ha. You were wrong, and I'm laughing at you. Yes, you. You should have believed me when I claimed my innocence, and I hope you feel incredibly guilty. Now that I'm dead, and you see that I'm innocent, I hope you kill the phantom. He's a danger to you, I think. I'm currently thumbing my nose at you all. It's been a pleasure."

If you don't kill me, bear in mind that neither will the werewolves. Why destroy something perfect when it's working so well for you?
Old 05-15-2005, 11:45 AM   #158
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My thoughts are all bewildered - partly because I had it in my stupid head that there were only 2 werewolves and the knowledge that there is 3 blew holes in all my theories - some of which alas involved the late Saucepan man - I had thought the concerted attack on him might be a cunning plan.

Now I fear that the accuracy of my original analysis (kindly recognised by some of my fellow villagers) may mark me out as the next victim. Therefore I'm torn between keeping my own counsel to preserve my own skin or speaking out for the greater good of the community.

However, I must admit to a certain amount of activity on the PM front yesterday evening. Having got confused over time differences I was passing the time with an uninvolved downer while waiting to see who had been killed. Yes I am bad at numbers but I am dyspraxic, I can't help it. Since it was nothing to do with this, I didn't think to conceal my activity - and the innocent has nothing to hide. No doubt I would have taken more pains otherwise. I am going to review the evidence and give you my thoughts such as they are. I find the burden hard for to kill an innocent would be a indelible stain on the conscience. I have little reason to fear the noose at the moment but I do fear claw and tooth. Remember that logic and reason is the enemy of these beasts. they will seek to create division and suspicion, and as our numbers reduce the easier it will be to find a majority.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 01:18 PM   #159
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I want you to note something. The last four votes for Anguirel (SpM, bilbo_baggins, me, and Kuruharan) all happened within a half hour of each other, and not much time after phantom proposed his plan of Anguirel then Fea. I actually cross-posted with bilbo, so my vote would actually have been the fourth. I do not call this no chance to save Anguirel.
The difference was a matter of two minutes and it made you the 5th of 6. I don't think that is a cross post especially in looking at the short length of your post. 15 to 30 seconds to fire that off. My theory is that you were waiting to see who would post next and take the 5th vote when you knew hope was lost. Also it could give you the defense of "cross posting"
Old 05-15-2005, 01:18 PM   #160
Primrose Bolger
Wight

Primrose Bolger has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
Now that I'm dead, and you see that I'm innocent, I hope you kill the phantom. He's a danger to you, I think. I'm currently thumbing my nose at you all. It's been a pleasure. --- FotP
A pleasure killing us perhaps . . .

To my mind,

++ Feanor of the Peredhil,

acting in concert with Anguirel, and one as yet unknown beast, did do grievous hurt to 2 of my fellow villagers.
. . . for they love peace and quiet and good tilled earth . . . are quick of hearing and sharpeyed, and though they are inclined to be fat and do not hurry unneccesarily, they are nonetheless nimble and deft in their movements . . . FOTR - Prologue
Primrose Bolger is offline   Reply With Quote