The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril Barrow-Downs Dreams

I just thought of this, there was a thread a little like this except it was different.

I was curious if any one has ever had a Barrow-Downs dream. Envolving the Barrow-Downs, the Barrow Wight or any BD member. What happened in the dream?

I mentioned this in another thread, but Ill say it again. I had a dream that Feanor of the Peredhil was a dog and she was rummaging through my garbage bins.

How about you?

Last edited by wilwarin538; 08-04-2009 at 09:20 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 03:27 PM   #2
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well I had a dream just last night (or was it two nights ago) about the Isle of Werewolf game. Being the seer I found it comical but nothing was actually reveled in this dream.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:02 PM   #3
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Should I be flattered, or worried?

I don't suppose you would know what breed I am, would you? In keeping with the theme of mormegil's post, it would be hilarious if you dreamt I was a wolfhound.

I can't remember ever dreaming about 'Downers, but I did once dream that Gimli was actually a girl in disguise (very like in form and appearance, and all that). That was just plain weird.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
There was a thread like this a little while ago: Your LotR Dream. It wasn't so specific to "Barrow-downs dreams," but I know people have posted those on that thread (I have). If you have time, there are definitely some things in there worth a read. Some of those dreams are awfully funny.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 04:39 PM   #5
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dűm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Tolkien

Maybe it isn't necessarily realted to the Barrowdowns, but it's still pretty cool... I dreamt that:

I was in a store looking at a poster when it suddenly started moving. The horses hooves started galloping and so forth, when all of a sudden a tenth nazgul came in the picture. Except he didn't necessarily look like a nazgul, because he was sort of sillier, I don't really know how to describe it. It was like he didn't take his job as a wraith of Sauron very seriously. Well, then the names of all the nazgul starting popping up over their heads in little speech bubbles; Witch-king of Angmar etc. Until it came to the tenth nazgul and his bubble said Skippy the Nazgul.

Well, I was throughly impressed with that dream and remians to this day, my very favorite.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:09 AM   #6
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Absolutely. I once had a dream that HerenIstarion came to dinner at my house. The only thing I remember about it was that I got very drunk and he kept laughing at me.

What does it all mean?
Old 05-17-2005, 06:32 AM   #7
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
What does it all mean?
Isn't it obvious, Eomer? It means that deep down inside, you are striving to impress, but don't necessarily feel like you are succeeding. That, and that you are secretly a pirate. Argh, me matey, and all that. Plus, in the deepest recesses of your mind, you are a raccoon. The first is a bit of a stretch, I'll admit, but the second two should be obvious to all.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:32 AM   #8
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Absolutely. I once had a dream that HerenIstarion came to dinner at my house. The only thing I remember about it was that I got very drunk and he kept laughing at me.

What does it all mean?
I had a similiar dream expect no drunkeness and also enca was there...oh and for some odd reason she was my girlfriend... not sure why...i suppose i have a subconscious crush on enca hmm....funny because i have a girlfriend already
Old 05-17-2005, 07:56 AM   #9
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm...last night I dreamed that there was a two minute walk between my brother's Arby's and a really cool lampwork bead store...but between the two, there was this dumpster and Nilpaurion Fegalund kept jumping out to talk to me...heh.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:48 PM   #10
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark
I had a similiar dream expect no drunkeness and also enca was there...oh and for some odd reason she was my girlfriend... not sure why...i suppose i have a subconscious crush on enca hmm....funny because i have a girlfriend already
Actually, what happened was I created a spell that lets me sneak into your dreams. Gotcha!

I'm positive I've had dreams about the 'Downs before, but my dreams tend to fade away quickly and I don't remember them for long.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 01:57 PM   #11
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Just the other day, I had a dream that there was a new thread on the Barrow-Downs. The thread was entirely devoted to people having dreams about other members. Yeah, I know- kind of weird and far out there. I was getting pretty scared but then I woke up and I was like "Whew- it was just a dream."
Old 05-17-2005, 02:53 PM   #12
Tigerlily Gamgee
Hostess of Spirits

Tigerlily Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tigerlily Gamgee
Silmaril

*giggle*
I can't say that I've ever had a BD dream (though I had a dream of meeting someone from the forum on my website once). I have had LOTR dreams, but it has been a while. That's not to say that there wasn't something once that I don't remember. My dreams are so far out there that I can't even tie together what had happened in them. I find, though, that I dream most vividly when I'm sick and on cold medicine... perhaps tonight shall be fun (if I have a BD dream I'm surely post it).
Plus, since I'm making the new picture page, many of your faces are more familiar in my head now... before that was not the case.
Tigerlily Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #13
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quite a while ago, before the forum software changed, I had a dream that I got 10 PMs (the limit back then) all at once. That was pretty much all there was to the dream, which is rather odd, since my dreams tend to be rather long and complicated.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:30 AM   #14
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
After fervently following the werewolf game thread, I dreamt about werewolves. They were all around my house... then they got me (on my garage roof for some reason). See, BD can actually be bad for you!

Last edited by the guy who be short; 06-03-2005 at 09:51 AM.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #15
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I had a dream, and I think it was about the phantom, but I can't for the life of me remember. I think it had something to do with the werewolf game. Go figure.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:48 PM   #16
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
I had a dream, and I think it was about the phantom
I would say "Awww, that's sweet", but I'm thinking the dream involved one of us killing the other since it had to do with the werewolf game.

Oh- but I suppose there is a chance that in the dream I saved you from a werewolf. Just in case that was what happened- aww, that's sweet.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:41 AM   #17
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I honestly don't remember. It could have been anything from me getting you lynched, to our "marriage" and the children I never knew I had, to you viciously killing me. Or it might not have been you at all. I hate it when I can't remember dreams.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:19 AM   #18
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Question

Quote:
Plus, in the deepest recesses of your mind, you are a raccoon. The first is a bit of a stretch, I'll admit, but the second two should be obvious to all.
???? Not so obvious... What do you (actually) mean, Fea?

I had a dream that there was a big BD meeting and all barrow-downers came there... It was actually not so horrible dream...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:44 PM   #19
Larien Telemnar
Wight

Larien Telemnar has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Larien Telemnar Send a message via MSN to Larien Telemnar Send a message via Yahoo to Larien Telemnar
I once had a dream that I was a member of the fellowship, and I got shot and died. Wait, no that was real, that's how I ended up here.
Old 06-01-2005, 09:10 PM   #20
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Okay, last night was really wierd.

I had a dream where I took a boat across an inlet, and it was rather sunny. I was wearing a dark purple cloak ( in such heat I have no reason why!), and there were no oars, or oar rings. The boat just glided to some island. It was in complete shade, and looked like a mole on the lake's face. So, i decided since it was hot out, and I was apparently stupid enough to dress foolishly for it, I decided to get out and go onto the island. When I was under the shade, BW came out and told me to go away because I was not properly dressed for the 'occasion'. I gave him a puzzled look, and asked what occasion it could possibly be. All he did was give a 'humpt' and stamped off shaking his head. Then, I sat on the shore and stared out at the water. Then the dream ends.

I'm guessing it's a reminder to not wear dark clothing in warm weather, but it hasn't been sunny out for about a month now where I live. Very confusing...

~ Puzzled Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 10:58 PM   #21
Elonve
Wight

Elonve has just left Hobbiton.
had a dream recently

falling into an abbys and then i hit the ground and there is a barrowwright he starts tickleing me (i am very tickleish) and we start laughing and then he pulls out a ciggarette and starts smoking... and then says " I am so rude would you like a ciggarette." alarm clock rang right then.

talk about random dreams...

el
________
MAZDA CRONOS SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by Elonve; 04-09-2011 at 05:58 PM.
Elonve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 02:36 AM   #22
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A while ago, I had a dream in which I was at a medieval kind's court, and The Barrow Wight (All ghost like and green) was chasing The Saucepan Man with a knife. The King seemed to be amused by this.

I have no idea of what this dream may mean, except that I should perhaps not eat cheese.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:49 AM   #23
cookieman
Pile O'Bones

cookieman has just left Hobbiton.
I remember a dream where I was in a wite's barrow several years ago. I don't remember much about it except that I was entombed, and there was a greenish light and I was in danger.
cookieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 07:02 AM   #24
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Isn't it obvious, Eomer? It means that deep down inside, you are striving to impress, but don't necessarily feel like you are succeeding. That, and that you are secretly a pirate. Argh, me matey, and all that. Plus, in the deepest recesses of your mind, you are a raccoon. The first is a bit of a stretch, I'll admit, but the second two should be obvious to all.
Quote:
???? Not so obvious... What do you (actually) mean, Fea?
It means that after looking at my B.S. first interpretation, I realized that it ended up sounding far too high-brow and intellectual (and worst of all, possibly somewhat accurate) so I offset it with some humor. The pirate one should be obvious, because as we all know, Eomer is a kilt-toting swash-buckling scaliwag. The second... just me goofing off. There's a trick that I wish people would learn... never take anything I say seriously, or personally.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:09 AM   #25
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

The truth will out: Fea is actually just the latest victim of The Dream Manipulator. (anyone remember that?)

But I have had a couple of werewolf related dreams of late. Scary stuff!
Old 06-02-2005, 05:58 PM   #26
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Considering that I've been playing werewolf here on the Downs as well as watching "Van Helsing", "Underworld", "Buffy", and "Angel" these past few weeks, I can't believe that I haven't had a single werewolf dream. I really want to have one. I love dreams.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:50 PM   #27
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
A while ago, I had a dream in which I was at a medieval kind's court, and The Barrow Wight (All ghost like and green) was chasing The Saucepan Man with a knife. The King seemed to be amused by this.
That reminds me that I did once have a dream with the Saucepan Man in it. Problem with my dreams though...I never remember them.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 08:56 PM   #28
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
I love dreams.
I'm beginning to hate dreams, because I had an awful nightmare a few nights ago that left me terrified to go back to sleep. The Barrow-Wight wasn't terrorizing me in it, though, unlike the dreams of certain others. Funny that he's in so many people's dreams... SpM too. Maybe they're using their moderating skillz to hack into our minds...
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:31 AM   #29
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I had a dream last night involving the Werewolf game...

The werewolves (or maybe it was Eomer) were bombing the village, and miraculously after all their bombs had been expended no one had been killed despite that the village was in utter ruins, so we were wondering whether the guardian had been at work or if it was something else. Then we found a bomb (called a ticking time bomb - don't ask) that was set to go off soon. Then I woke up.

I think I dreamed I was getting lynched, too. Except it was rather pleasant.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #30
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I did have a werewolf dream one of the first nights.

I dreamed that Fordim voted for me out of the blue because I didn't like his new plans that he was trying to introduce. That made me very suspicious of him for voting on a whim like that & I had to make sure that I didn't let that suspicion creep into the real game based on a silly dream.

I don't see why I can't just dream "these three are the wolves, post as convincingly as you can & hang wisely."
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:17 PM   #31
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well let's see last night It was more of a daydream because I wasn't asleep iwasnt awake either though if you get my meaning but at anyrate for those who read barrowdowns musical H-I Perky Ent Enca and I were all sing the threads go ever on and on in old fashioned caroling gear in winter...man I miss winter summer is all hot and stuff
Old 06-14-2005, 12:36 PM   #32
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Hookbill I think I had the opposite of your dream last night because I dreamt that The Saucepan Man was chasing the Barrow Wight (though in my dream he was surprisingly white) and beating him over the head with his pans.

And as this was before I read through this thread I'm wondering if you somehow have found a way into my dreams - spooky!
Old 06-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #33
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Hmm, there seems to be a recurring image here of the Barrow-Wight and I engaged in some sort of eternal struggle. Veeeery interesting ...

Funnily enough, before the last game of Werewolf finished but after I got lynched, I had a dream that Fordim Hedgethistle won the game as the last Werewolf, and I had an "I knew it!" kind of reaction. Seems that my subconscious self is just as bad at the game as my conscious self ...
Old 06-17-2005, 01:02 PM   #34
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

I dreamt that I was banned from the Barrow Downs for being a terrible Moderator in Tol-in-Gaurhoth IV. My insecurities revealed for all to see...

Very annoyingly, I had both a LotR and a different BD dream recently but forgot about them after climbing out of bed. It is just so annoying when that happens.

Oh well. t was probably something to do with SpM and the Barrow Wight killing one another.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #35
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

I had an Eomer of the Rohirrim induced image of Saucie shoving davem into a fridge and nailing the door shut as Lal beat him [Saucie] upside the francis with his own pans. Does that count?

If you don't believe me, ask Eomer. He knows I had the vision. After all, it's his fault.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:57 PM   #36
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

I'm obviously far too powerful for my own good.

However Fea, it's entirely your own subconscious that brought Saucepan Man into that little scenario.

Sigmund Freud would be riveted by this thread.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:00 PM   #37
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I had a dream about WWf IV last night...all I can remember is that Zali was nowhere to be found, everyone was suspicious of me even though I made many many little nonsense posts, and the phantom was killed right off the bat. Needless to say, he was NOT happy about it.
Plus, there was like three people besides EomerotR who had Snoopy avatars in exactly the same colors, so that was confusing too.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:13 AM   #38
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
There's a trick that I wish people would learn... never take anything I say seriously, or personally.
Don't be afraid, we won't do so (like we really would have done it before... )...

Last night I had a dream about a BD house. All downers lived there and it was like a hotel and everybody got their nicks in their doors. I remember I ruined Phantom's name text by overwriting "Lord Volkh" (a charachter from a book I read a few weeks ago...)...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:29 AM   #39
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

No, I never had a BD dream. But I sure want to have one. The problem is, I'd never know if I'm having a BD dream because...how will I know if it's a BD dream? Do I see randomly beautiful colors rummage my garbage bins? Or orange fireworks suddenly showing up at my house? Do I see a long-nosed, black-and-white man with a saucepan on his head being chased by a ghostly green figure wielding a knife? How do I know?

Would someone please, please, help me?

I don't have a future in theatre.

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 06-22-2005 at 01:37 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 06:15 PM   #40
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I had a very strange dream the other night. I remember very little of it, other than that it concerned me, Fea, and Gilthalion, who had somehow become a delinquent 13-year-old girl. I don't really remember what happened in the dream, but I believe we were wandering around in the middle of my street.

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 06-27-2005 at 06:17 PM. Reason: typos
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote