The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2006, 03:45 AM   #361
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Judging from Elempi's analysis . . .

I'm the symbol of Insanity and Chaos.

Sweet. My work here is done.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:01 AM   #362
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund

Well, maybe. Not all the information is in, if you know what I mean.....
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 06:52 AM   #363
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Formendacil was in my dream last night, but unfortunately I didn't get to meet him. There was a large multi-religion gathering in California and my family was there on vacation so we stopped by for a short time. What happened is Formendacil gave a discourse and many people were rather impressed by it but I wasn't there at the time. I was actually napping in the hotel. When I came back my family and friends told me that Formendacil had spoken and somehow he had figured out that mormegil's family was present. That was really it though my family left me at the meeting and started driving home without me I never met Formendacil.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:23 AM   #364
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:

And here I thought you were just out to kill me. That's a relief.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:06 AM   #365
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Interesting interpretation, LMP. Now, I have to figure out how that applies to my life, or if I was just being silly and should stop eating bagel bites before bed.

RL events

Getting married- freedom (moving away from parents) in service (marriage as a mutual servitude) and what I considered to be a long, thought out decision using reason (Lalaith)

Parents don't approve- Death dealer (to the marriage) is using logic and reasoning (from my dad, who kind of talks like SPM) to stop the process

So, my future is being fought over by these two forces= the plant that everyone seems to want?

I have no idea what the Eomer sherriff thing is about, except that in the past I've always done the expected thing and been the good little girl, but with a kick. (Seriously, no one out here except my closest friends would believe that I could be an evil werewolf player.)

I'm trying to escape the chaos and insanity that is surrounding this massive change, and all the uncertainty that goes with it.

Which would explain why I keep thinking that I remember my fiance on the back of the bike- we're working through the mess together.

And this is why I'm going into psychology.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:52 AM   #366
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ah, I seem to be fighting on the side of Love - excellent.

But seriously Roa, I hope it all works out for you in the best way - good luck with everything.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:06 AM   #367
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
Interesting interpretation, LMP. Now, I have to figure out how that applies to my life, or if I was just being silly and should stop eating bagel bites before bed.
All that marriage and other stuff, nah. Must have been the bagels.
Old 05-24-2006, 11:14 PM   #368
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Fascinating dreams you people have. Let's see, I don't remember all of the BD related dreams I've had lately, but the one that really stands out is one I had a couple nights ago where I dreamed that some new screennames had appeared on the 'Downs and were spamming the Mirth forum (and MW Survivor in particular) with personal attacks on me -- I don't remember what exactly now but they were posting quotes I had supposedly made which made me seem like a horrible nasty person, and ranting about how evil I am. I was extrememly upset and more than a little embarressed that I was the center of of all these flames -- I didn't even get a chance to respond to any of them, either, I had just logged on and there was such a massive amount of new posts and topics from these newbies that I couldn't even read them all. So anyway, I tried to PM Estelyn to beg her to delete all this stuff (okay, so I know B-W is the only Mirth moderator, but it was dream, not the most logical thing) but I couldn't do it because my computer started to go on the blink.

I'm not going to bother asking LMP to analyze this since I know exactly what it's about -- I've been on messageboards where that exact sort of thing happens for real. People make "alias" accounts and use them to mass attack certain people they have grudges against -- they'll dig up quotes that are years old, use them out of context, rant and rave about every little flaw or perceived flaw, hound all current posts, and generally make life on the board miserable for their target. It's particularly frustrating because you can't tell which of the regular posters owns the various aliases, though you can of course guess and surmise. I was never targetted personally, but I have gotten involved from time to time out of disgust for the whole sorry mess, which got me on their "enemies" list, apparently. They couldn't really find anything about me to effectively batter, since I wasn't the most active or easily misquoted person, but they did make a point to claim that they knew everything about me, and that I'm too young to have any real wisdom, and that I obviously think I'm smarter than everyone, and that in truth I know nothing, and so on ad nausuem, blah de blah de blah.

So I've drifted away from posting or even reading things at those boards, because it's all just too banal. In my dream, though I didn't know who owned the new accounts at the 'Downs, I was pretty sure it was those same losers somehow finding out that I was the same person, and this was vengeance for my getting involved in opposing their crusades against others. Only this time they'd actually figured out how to hit me where it hurts, by spoiling the 'Downs all because of me. (That's one of their favorite tactics -- they would cover the board in slop and when flame wars would erupt and people would complain about the unpleasantness, they'd loudly proclaim it the fault of their victim for not caving in and leaving the board.)

The abortive attempt to PM Esty was due to the fact that on these other boards the moderating is terrible (or virtually nonexistant, really). Here at the 'Downs it is wonderfully different, but in my little doomsday scenario no one was doing anything. Basically, the wonderful place that is the 'Downs was getting infected by the spawn of evil I've witnessed destroying other messageboards -- horrible, vile people and mods that do nothing about it.

And my computer, well, there's always the distinct possibility that it will go haywire at the worst possible time.
Old 05-25-2006, 02:49 AM   #369
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ah! Finally I can post this without getting accused of wolvery in LMP's game!

On Night 1 in Elempi's game I had dream, that LMP's game was a RL-version of werewolf, and we had an empty city to play in. Days and Nights were the same as in RL. And each family lived in the same place.

I remember it was late night and Night was just beginning. The funniest bit was that all my family were penguins (me, Glirdy, Roa, Sleepy, Caranlodien) and Glirdy. We were in our house and we were just going to sleep. Glirdy complained because he was smaller than Sleepy and Roa. Then Roa was un-penguin (she looked like her avvie) and gave birth to a small penguin. Then we went to sleep.

I was a wolf (but in the game they were actually weresnakes) and I took our family's car and left home. Mith was the police (which was equivalent of ranger in this game) and she drove a police car. A bit strange since Mith never was in LMP's game... Then I remember the next Day I complained to LMP that it was far too easy just stay awake overNight and watch who are moving while everyone else is sleeping. And I accused morm of stalkery.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:02 AM   #370
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I would love to know how you knew it was me since I don't have any image on the downs other than TORE's wondrous image of me as Miss Piggy .....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 09:34 AM   #371
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
I would love to know how you knew it was me since I don't have any image on the downs other than TORE's wondrous image of me as Miss Piggy .....
Well, it was just "Mith", and i somehow knew it. I think you didn't show at all, it was just the police car...
Old 05-25-2006, 09:51 AM   #372
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Well, I am on exam leave at the moment, and I thought that a great use of my time would be to go to sleep in the middle of the day. I did this and had a rather odd dream.

I dreamt that I was watching the Lord of the Rings films and the Hobbits suddenly went to Tom Bombadill's house. There was the whole tale telling and dancing from Tom and eventually the Hobbits went to the Barrow Downs. When the Barrow Wight caught Frodo I saw the inside of the Barrow, and it was filled with saucepans!

I remember turning to my brother (with whom I was dream watching it with), and said "I know what that is a reference to!

Note to self: No more cheese!
Old 05-29-2006, 03:24 PM   #373
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Ah... so with Wizard Werewolf finished, I can now post the most amusing 'Downs dream I've yet had and not worry about influencing the game.

I dozed quietly in the village. In my sleep, I was turned into a Seer. Immediately, without even waking, I dreamt of Roa, spotting her pure evil. I woke up and lynched her without difficulty given that Gurthang knew I was his Seer and Nilp knew as well, and so I had two definitive innocents on my side.

What they didn't know is that with Roa's death, I turned into a werewolf. Hiding behind the trust of the Good Wizard, I ruthlessly slaughtered the entire village with the help of Eomer who I sacrificed last. Nobody ever suspected a thing.

Analyze that.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:56 PM   #374
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Diamond, ya them chats and message boards can get pretty nasty. Perhaps, you were looking into the future:
Quote:
Basically, the wonderful place that is the 'Downs was getting infected by the spawn of evil I've witnessed destroying other messageboards -- horrible, vile people and mods that do nothing about it.
You should post this on TP's Future thread.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:59 AM   #375
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Recently I have dreamt about Fea, Encai and LMP.

Firstly, I dreamt that I was cycling with somebody or other down a hill. Fea was on the pavement with her three (for some reason) brothers and a small grizzly dog downhill from us and coming up towards us. We decided for some reason to swerve around Fea by going on the road - perhaps because she had a dog (playing in a puddle) and I'm afraid of them. Perhaps I was avoiding her for some reason.

Then I dreamt of Encai in the same night. She was in England and wandering about, so I said she could come and stay with me. Unfortunately, I didn't plan this with my parents. She declined, but I checked out my garage to see if she could stay there anyway just in case she changed her mind.

Then I dreamt of Fea again. We were cycling together and we followed some Asian (in the British sense) guy to a shop selling Indian/Pakistani goods. I can't remember much else, except that she knew the guy and went off somewhere with him to discuss something or maybe get some rare ingredient. Meanwhile, I was left alone with my bike in the shop.

I have a vague recollection of Fea being my cycling partner in the first dream, but this doesn't make sense, as it was definitely her that we swerved around. Perhaps this is Pro-active interference.

I don't remember my LMP dream, but I think he was dressed as the Anakronist.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 11:37 AM   #376
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

It seems that Barrow-Downs dreams haunt me...

I had a dream that I, Nogrod and my little sister were going to an Iittala glass factory and Nogrod suggested we should take spawn with us. I said my sister wouldn't like it, since then we would only speak of BD.

Then, in another dream, Roa wanted to write a book about the Dueling Wizards WW. Because she wanted to set in a fantasy world of her own, she wanted to change some names and changed my name to Victoria. I was so angry with her, because in the dream I hated the name.

Weird.

I don't know what I can analyse from the first one, but the second dream points to that I unconsciously hold a grudge to Roa and her evil teammates from winning the game...
Old 06-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #377
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Usually I don't dream a whole lot, or at least I don't remember my dreams. But, I think was in shock of my early exit from Kath's game, I ended up having a dream over it.

In my dream, after I was lynched in the village, I kept on posting, even if I was dead. And Kath just let me continue posting, because I was posting stuff like "This is the ghost of Boromir who has come back to inform you that I know who the wolves are...etc" and wierd stuff like that. It was bizarre.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #378
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wow... to be popular in the dream world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
The same way I knew it was Saucepan Ninja and Lalaith the French Maid and Eomer the Sheriff and Nilp in a full face bike helmet- we just kind of know. In the dream it's obvious. They didn't even look like their avatars. Dream logic, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
What they didn't know is that with Roa's death, I turned into a werewolf. Hiding behind the trust of the Good Wizard, I ruthlessly slaughtered the entire village with the help of Eomer who I sacrificed last. Nobody ever suspected a thing.
The funny thing about this is that I seriously considered turning you the night I was dreamed of rather than Kitanna. You must be psychic.

Old 06-02-2006, 07:47 PM   #379
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Well, here's my first ever Barrowdowns Dream post. I don't know if it's strictly my first BD Dream, but I'm pretty sure it's the first time I've posted about it. It's not really anything specatular though. I was taking a nap a couple hours ago and this is how it went:

I was sitting in my room, and the phone rings. I pick it up and it's Oddwen. I think that's pretty crazy and am at a complete loss for words. I guess she was just saying 'hey' really quick for no apparent reason, and I had no idea what to say. Anyway, when I got control of my voice I asked how she got my number and apparently I had PMed it to her. Then it got really... awkward. I seem to remember, in my dream, that I was trying to strike up a conversation and getting the feeling that she really didn't want to have a conversation with me.

And yeah, that's it. Weird.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #380
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Dr. Dream Speaks

Gurthang: What's a word or phrase the you associate with Oddwen?
Old 06-03-2006, 06:48 AM   #381
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I had the most bizarre dream last night. It's slightly more LotR related than Downs related but even so.

We went to Iceland again but this time there was a new attraction. You could go inside a Balrog (please don't ask how you actually got in, I'm not sure I want to think about that). Anyway inside this Balrog there is no gravity so you float around, and you float through various tunnels to get around and there are all these things you can do. In one tunnel, you get to experience a Balrog roar (apparently they do this) and you can feel all the vibrations. Then there's another bit where it's like a giant water slide (yes, inside the Balrog) with a log blockade at the bottom. Also in one 'room' there are jets of air that if you float over them push you up really fast. Loads of other things too but those are the only ones I really remember.

So anyway, I'm in Iceland about to get into this Balrog and there before me are lmp and Fea. So we all say 'hi' and 'what a coincidence' and things along those lines. Then we get into the Balrog and immediately float away along different tunnels. We all meet up again at the top of the water slide thing and Fea is trying to climb over the barrier between the slide with water on and the slide without because she thinks Formendacil is over there and he shouldn't be left on his own.

Managing to persuade her that this is very unlikely she gives up and off we all go to the roar tunnel (lmp did very convincing imitations all the way through as I recall).

The dream just sort of continued on in this vein for a while. We had a lot of fun! I was sorely disappointed when I woke up and realised that it hadn't happened.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:57 AM   #382
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Dr. Dream Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I had the most bizarre dream last night. It's slightly more LotR related than Downs related but even so.
Clearly this is all about your wonderful expectations in regard to ATM2. Um, you don't have a character in that do you? I'll bet you're reading it though..... A Balrog as a theme park. What a notion...
Old 06-03-2006, 10:56 AM   #383
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oh but I do have a character in it, he's on his way to see Roggie right now. Hmm, well that might explain the Balrog part!
Old 06-03-2006, 12:19 PM   #384
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Uhm... odd?
Old 06-03-2006, 07:14 PM   #385
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Oh but I do have a character in it, he's on his way to see Roggie right now. Hmm, well that might explain the Balrog part!
I thought so but I didn't want to assume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Uhm... odd?
O-okay.

Okay. Dr. Dream speaks: Interpretation: You're out of touch with your whimsical side.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #386
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
....and Fea is trying to climb over the barrier between the slide with water on and the slide without because she thinks Formendacil is over there and he shouldn't be left on his own.
He most definitely shouldn't be left on his own... the troubles that boy gets into.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:06 PM   #387
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Had a dream last night...I apparently was surfing a Canadian body-builder site, where Canadians would post pictures of their muscled selves, and I came upon a picture of Glirdan. He was sooooo skinny and soooooo pale, so I convinced him that that site wasn't the best place for him...and promptly put my picture up, and all the Downers were entranced by my muscled biceps (which I don't have).

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 01:05 PM   #388
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
That is seriously disturbing. Are you in the habit of ogling body builders?
Old 06-04-2006, 01:32 PM   #389
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

I had an odd dream last night...

I dreamt that I got a rep that simply said "Yar ha ha! Yo ho ho!" so I went around trying to find out who had given he this odd rep. It turned out to be from a user simply called "Pirate".
Old 06-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #390
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

I had a weird dream last night too. I can't remember much of it. All I can recall is that there was some recording device attached to the Downs so that people could record messages and speak to each other. For some reason, Formendacil had left his running unintentionally and then inadvertently sent the message to me. The message solely comprised "um's" and "ah's" and the occasional creak of a chair ...

Dr Dream ...?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:37 PM   #391
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
I had an odd dream last night...

I dreamt that I got a rep that simply said "Yar ha ha! Yo ho ho!" so I went around trying to find out who had given he this odd rep. It turned out to be from a user simply called "Pirate".
Hookbill, you dream about reps a lot, don't you?

Quote:
O-okay.

Okay. Dr. Dream speaks: Interpretation: You're out of touch with your whimsical side.
Sounds great, Doc. Do I get a prescription? Okay, if it really helps any, Oddwen modded the WW game when I was the Black Beorning. I don't suppose that changes anything?
Old 06-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #392
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Dr. Dream Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
I had a weird dream last night too. I can't remember much of it. All I can recall is that there was some recording device attached to the Downs so that people could record messages and speak to each other. For some reason, Formendacil had left his running unintentionally and then inadvertently sent the message to me. The message solely comprised "um's" and "ah's" and the occasional creak of a chair ...

Dr Dream ...?
This is quite obvious. You subconsciously wish that Formy would stop hesitating and get to the point.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:44 PM   #393
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Dr. Dream Speaks

Sorry for the double post.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Sounds great, Doc. Do I get a prescription? Okay, if it really helps any, Oddwen modded the WW game when I was the Black Beorning. I don't suppose that changes anything?
Oh how the criminally insane do withhold vital information that could help with their cure!

Obviously, you fell in love with Oddwen during the Werewolf game you speak of, and you want to pursue a deeper relationship but you fear that she will not want to. (The problem with these joking interpretations is, what if I'm spot on?)

Well, Oddwen? Let the poor blighter down gently, will you? (snicker)
Old 06-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #394
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmmm...

Gurthang, are you a body-builder?

I had a dream during Dueling Wizards, but all I can remember is the denizens of the Village milling around and screaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
Are you in the habit of ogling body builders?
Noooooooo - I think it's unnatural. Really. Sorry, Gurth.

Old 06-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #395
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
Gurthang, are you a body-builder?

So, Oddwen, what do you think of Canadians? The rest of it's easy....
Old 06-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #396
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
This is quite obvious. You subconsciously wish that Formy would stop hesitating and get to the point.
Is this a subtle comment about Hyarmenwë's recent lack of posting on the AtM2 thread?

Quote:
So, Oddwen, what do you think of Canadians? The rest of it's easy....
Trash, all of them. Beer-drinking, tree-chopping, hockey-watching, snowshoeing, polar bear-hugging, tipi-dwelling sons of voyageurs that they are, how can anyone like them, eh? I shall we hang them all, eh!

(For the ignorant: Formendacil is a denizen of Olds, Alberta, Canada)
Old 06-05-2006, 03:24 AM   #397
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Is this a subtle comment about Hyarmenwë's recent lack of posting on the AtM2 thread?
The doctor is expressly objective in all his assessments. But take it that way if you wish. .... and get posting!
Old 06-05-2006, 06:27 AM   #398
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dream
So, Oddwen, what do you think of Canadians?
I think Tom Servo said it best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3k it's a joke don't kill me
"Just where the heck does Canada get off sharing a border
With countries far superior to it?
Why ya lously stinkin' francophilic bacon loving buzzards,
Your country's just a giant piece of..."
(Big hug to all you Canadians, eh. I've never been there.)

I also had a dream last night - I dreamed I knew every last Barrow-downers real name (they would show up on the member's list for some reason), but none interested me except for Diamond88's. (Yes, 88) So I went to Wisconsin to the hospital (?) where she worked, and stalked all her co-workers. Diamond88 was, um...a rather buxom nurse and yet still looked like Daffy Duck.
Lalwendë's real name was Leroy Brown.

Feel free not to analize that, O Impish one.

Old 06-05-2006, 06:31 AM   #399
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

It seems BD dreams really haunt me...

I had a dream that there was a huge larp (live action role playing game) set in the middle ages and a lot of 'downers were playing in it. I played a middle-aged widowed noblewoman and I had a black gown. Lhuna was playing my daughter and she had similar gown to mine, but it was the same colour as her avvie's background. (Sorry Mith for stealing your child. ) I remeber that Fea was a widowed noblewoman too, but she was young. And Ang was a monk and morm was a common guardsman. Make of that what you will...
Old 06-05-2006, 08:18 AM   #400
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Dear Dr. Dream,

I never dream about the Downs! What do you think that means?

Dreamless in Seattle
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote