The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2005, 04:30 PM   #201
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Pipe My first Barrow-Downs dream(s)

I have had two barrow-downs dreams.

The first I don't realy remember, but it was something with Nilp and throwing tomatoes at people.

The second was about Sleepy, Mithalwen and people I can't remember. In strange way's i find out that Mithalwen want's to kill Sleepy because he has been cleaning her windows. She allso wants to kill another person for fixing her car and I am the only one that can warn them. Unfortunetley I woke before saving them. . .

It was a rather unpleassant dream allthoug it was no nightmare!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #202
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, that'll teach me never to do Mith any favors.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 06:13 AM   #203
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I dreamt that Fea and Boro were cunning, cunning wolves in some new sort of WW game whereby the first team to die won. So Boro got himself voted off first, and Fea voted for him so it would look like she wasn't a wolf. Then she made herself look very innocent... or something. All I know is that their team won very quickly.

Once again, TORE was there, but nowhere near interesting enough to remember. Sorry...
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 07:35 AM   #204
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
While pondering whether to join the next werewolf game, I had a horrible dream that I was an inhabitant of a real mediaeval village being plagued by werewolves.

And I *still* signed up. I must be a glutton for punishment.

(I'm also ashamed to admit that I was almost as perturbed, in the dream, by the dowdy brown hempen peasant garments I was forced to wear, as by the fact that I was in imminent danger of being eaten by beasts of the night.)
Old 11-03-2005, 11:39 PM   #205
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
While pondering whether to join the next werewolf game, I had a horrible dream that I was an inhabitant of a real mediaeval village being plagued by werewolves.

And I *still* signed up. I must be a glutton for punishment.

(I'm also ashamed to admit that I was almost as perturbed, in the dream, by the dowdy brown hempen peasant garments I was forced to wear, as by the fact that I was in imminent danger of being eaten by beasts of the night.)

On the second night of my first werewolf experiences I can relate that my dream was like this as well. Though, I kept being chased by the school children of the village, and that I never finished my last philosophical work, because one of the villagers kept borrowing my pens and never returning them. Plus, in the dream my writing desk had elephant legs... Quiet strange.

Then, I had another were the schoolchildren had convinced the local priest that I was a no-good Empirism philosopher, which sparked me being chased once again through the village, but this time by the priest as he was waving a work of Aquinas at me. Then, it lapsed into another dream were I was being banished from the village for my theories...

Ah, what a game of logic will provoke...

~ Aesthete
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:05 AM   #206
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Last night, I had a really strange dream. I was a beggar called Ivor. Estelyn Telcontar was Frollo (from the Hunchback of Notre Dame). I was to kill her and asked her if she wanted to be killed by a staff, a club or a rusty sword. She chose the staff. I (or Ivor the beggar) was just going to crush her back with the staff, when I realized that I could not kill anyone.
Then Esty-Frollo told me about three opposing parties - elves, dwarves and hobbits - who wanted to adopt Garion (from David Eddings' Belgarion-books) after his parents' death. I had to test what party I was in. I was given paints and a paper and I had to paint something. I painted something red (which actually looked like SpM's new avvie. The result of the test was that I belonged to the dwarf party.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2005, 11:22 PM   #207
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I had a dream this morning (sometime shortly before 8:00 AM) about lmp. In it, he had somehow become my history teacher from several years ago. However he looked nothing like either my history teacher or himself. He looked like my mental image of him, which is a bit like the man in his avatar, except with more modern clothing. For some reason my mom was going in to the school to argue with him about something. (This part might've been because parent-teacher conferences are today and tomorrow.) I have a very clear picture of him standing in the hall at my school. (It is actually in the part where all the social studies rooms are, but not where my classroom from that year was.) The rest of the dream was not BD-realted, but I did dream that one of my friends was reciting a particularly annoying commercial, and just as I was asking him why he was reciting it, I woke up to discover that that commercial was playing on the radio.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #208
Gothmog
Shade of Carn Dûm

Gothmog has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Gothmog
Last night I had the most unbelievable dream ever. It seems so far from reality, but I dreamt that there was a new list over the posts with most rep. points posted, and I was on it! 6th place! I even remember which post it was, a post in the Is Eru God? thread. One thing that might explain the dream is that I got some rep for it and Mithalwen had said something about a new list the day before and this seem to have mixed in my sleepy brain into the same thing. I remember the surprise when seeing it Strange...

He who breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom
~Lurker...
Gothmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:22 PM   #209
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
well i had a dream where i was manageing a WW game...then Phantom won a Golden Globe award and tried to invite us all to the award ceremony, and more people joined the downs to talk to Tp...
Old 12-06-2005, 04:32 PM   #210
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I had a dream about the new poll on "Who delivered the final blow?" The poll results were something like this:

Elrond (not Elendil) - 1
Gil-Galad - 7 or 12, I don't remember which
Isildur - less than Gil-Galad

And none of the people voting for Gil-Galad posted a reason, so somebody pointed this out, so Morm came back and defended them by saying his reason for voting for Gil-Galad and then saying there really wasn't a good reason to vote for anyone (or something strange like that, but everyone thought it made a lot of sense). (Oh, and Morm, you had a really weird avatar. I don't remember what it was, but it wasn't you at all.) And then I started thinking about it, and realized that whoever delivered the final blow was irrelevent; the question should have been asking who delivered the fatal blow - after all, it's very well and good that Isildur would have made the final blow, but if Sauron was already dead, then it was something of an empty action.

And I think I must of realized I was dreaming because I can remember saying to my dream-self that "hey, that's a really good idea, I'll have to post that when I wake up..." You may or may not have noticed that I actually haven't posted that since the point is entirely irrelevent.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 04:53 PM   #211
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I had an interesting dream last night. I've been thinking that perhaps I might take the year after I graduate from highschool and do an exchange program in London, England. So in the dream that is what happened. I get of the plane in London and walk up to the family that I will be staying with. It was a nice looking couple who had a boy my age with them. That boy was TGWBS. It was very funny, he showed me around London and we talked about the Downs, and I helped him with his french homework(even though he has much better grammar then me ). It was a very nice dream, very normal, unlike other dreams I've had.

Shortie, do you by any chance have a brother named Anthony? Because you had one in the dream.
Old 12-11-2005, 01:08 PM   #212
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
My first BD dream was so strange and completely out of the blue I feel weird just posting it. But anyhow.

The Barrow Downs was hosting some sort of annual competition. I’m not sure exactly what kind of competition it was, but I think it either involved dragon-slaying or baking lots of cookies. Previous’ year winner was the phantom and he was convinced he’d win again this year. For some odd reason, I was also convinced the victory would be mine, though I have never personally slain a dragon nor have I baked cookies since I was 12 years old. Alas, we were both disappointed and it was Feanor of the Peredhil who came in first (who saw that coming?). As a comfort, she hosted a dinner party for the other competitors (though by then the phantom had disappeared and magically turned into Nilp or possibly the guy who be short). Next thing, Encai (or it might have been Kath) enters, fully armed, and starts attacking us claiming Fea somehow cheated and we had all helped her win. Last thing I remember I was plotting together with Fea and Eomer (who had also come out of nowhere) to escape and take the treasure Fea had won to some forsaken island near the coast of Scotland.

I’m not quite certain how things proceeded, but am relatively positive we were all eaten by werewolves in the end.

What would it mean? Or, do I even want to know?
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2005, 08:49 AM   #213
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

It's obvious that some of these dreams (especially Cailín's) are a lot closer to reality than the dreamers realise.

I had a dream a couple of weeks ago where there was a large Barrowdowns ball (I've dreamt about this before). I never made it though. I remember that SamwiseGamgee and I made it to the door and just before opening it to see you all in your lovely gowns and frocks I awakened.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:05 AM   #214
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I had a dream about the ATM RPG.

After I left last night, I was a little worried about whether Encai would get back in time, which may have been why I dreamt this.

In any case, during the Night, somebody had posted in the RPG after me. Their name began with an N and they had a lot of rep, but I'm certain they don't actally exist. The post was quite long and, as far as I know, well written... but the person wasn't officially in the RPG.

Piosenniel went spare, whatever that's meant to mean. First off, instead of deleting the post, she highlighted it with a white background, and scribbled through it was a thick brown pen somehow.

Then, to further illustrate her objection, she created a post which contained nothing but photos of people's faces contorted in pain, implying that the whole affair was hurting her physically. It was scary.

Another slightly less interesting RPG dream involved Kath, who had somehow managed to alter the font on one of her posts into comic sans. I don't know what pio did to her...

Quote:
Shortie, do you by any chance have a brother named Anthony? Because you had one in the dream.
'Fraid not. Though the French part isn't true anyway, you're a bucket full of help!

So, I have now dreamt of:
Alatar
Anguirel
Barrow Wight
Beren87
Boromir88
bucktardo
dancing spawn of ungoliant
davem
Encaitare
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Feanor of the Peredhil
Firefoot
Gil-Galad
GlingleglingleglingleFairy
Heren Istarion
Holbytlass
Kath
Mormegil
Lalwende
Lhunardawen
Nilpaurion Felagund
Orominuialwen
Piosenniel
The Only Real Estel
the phantom
Wilwarin

25. 23 of whom still post regularly. Anybody for a game of Dream Werewolf?

Last edited by the guy who be short; 12-16-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:39 AM   #215
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Add Pio to the list.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:12 AM   #216
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
The Only Real Estel
Ah, but nothing specific of me.

Quote:
Anybody for a game of Dream Werewolf?
Actually, that would be really fun given the list of BDers you have there!
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:32 AM   #217
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I had a dream last night about a new WW game where I was the seer, while there were some BDers there were hundreds of people playing and I was the only seer. I had a dream about Andre Kirilenko. It was really odd and hopeless because of the hundres of people I was only able to get two or three dreams in before the wolves killed me.
Old 12-16-2005, 12:01 PM   #218
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye dreamless in phantomville

I'm so jealous of all you people having all of these cool Barrow-Downs dreams. For some reason, I never have any. Maybe it's because I don't truly know what any of you look like. Even if your pic is on the pic page, I still don't know what you look like in three dimensions from head to toe like people I know in person.

Or maybe my dreams have featured Barrow-Downers and I just don't remember them, which doesn't really count. I can tell you, it really is disappointing that I've never had a BD dream when you consider how much time I've spent here over the past few years. There are bunches of cool guys and hot women on this site, so I have no doubt that a Barrow-Downs dream would be loads of fun. I just wish I could have one. Any tips?
Old 12-16-2005, 02:45 PM   #219
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

The phantom's homework:
Reconcile the following sentences:
Quote:
I still don't know what you look like in three dimensions from head to toe like people I know in person.
Quote:
There are bunches of... hot women on this site
To stay vaguely on topic, I also had another dream, but it was nowhere near as interesting, so, consequentally, it lies forgotten in the back of my mind somewhere.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 12-16-2005 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 12-16-2005, 03:28 PM   #220
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
The phantom's homework:
Reconcile the following sentences:
It's easy to reconcile those sentences.

Sentence two is an observation based upon two dimensional pictures that I have seen.

Sentence one states that I cannot see other members from head to toe in three dimensions like people in RL.

Those two things don't conflict. You cannot, with complete accuracy, picture someone in 3D when you have only seen them in 2D- and you certainly can't picture them head to toe when you have only seen a shot of their head. Duh. Also, it is perfectly possible to assess a general level of hotness from a two dimensional picture, wouldn't you agree?

Any other unnecessary homework?
Old 12-16-2005, 04:14 PM   #221
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Perhaps you should try dreaming 2D dreams.

As for general tips, I think they would best come from the guy who be short, who by now seems ready to take over a small country with his dreamed BarrowDowners army. Or, next time when someone gives you a stuffed animal, try naming it the Barrow-Wight and see what happens?
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:38 PM   #222
Captain Grishnahk
Wight

Captain Grishnahk has just left Hobbiton.
I dont see how you could DREAM about words...

--J.R.R. Tolkien
Captain Grishnahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 05:07 PM   #223
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
I dont see how you could DREAM about words...
Perhaps that is the key to my lack of dreams.

Until I have met you in person, you can never be more than words on my computer screen. I know that the words represent a real person and that your personality is expressed by the words you use and all of that, but until I actually hear the tone and inflection in your voice, and until I see your facial expressions and body language, you are not yet a complete person in my mind.

I guess that is the attraction in meeting another Downer in person. An actual meeting moves you to real-person-status (in my mind, anyway), and I think most people would prefer to think of those that they interact with extensively as real people.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:42 AM   #224
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

You poor dear...

Here's a rather silly suggestion: try associating BDers to certain 3D objects that you actually see. For instance, you can command your brain to think "Lhunardawen" when you see the moon, or "Eomer of the Rohirrim" when you see Snoopy. Thus when you see those things in your dreams, it will seem to you that you've dreamt of BDers!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 08:46 AM   #225
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

lmp dream

And so it comes to pass that the guy who be short's BDer dreams return unto him.

LMP wrote a book, so I went into a library to search for it. It took ages, I think I bought it eventually. Oddly enough, it turned out he had written a Discworld book - and it was absolutely hilarious. I remember laughing my head off at it.

That is all. When can we expect the book to hit the shelves, lmp?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:47 PM   #226
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

SpM Dream

SaucepanMan and I were walking together in the English countryside. He looked nothing like he actually does, assuming rather the form of his cartoon SpM avatar.

We had actually been sent out in a pair to look for Feanor of the Peredhil, who appeared to be missing. "A perfect day for Fea," I remember saying, pointing out the huge storm brewing.

Then, for some reason, we stopped looking for Fea and SpM started telling me about how sad he was that nobody on the Downs liked him. I said this was false, and that I, for one, do like him. I also made a list of other Downers who I claimed liked him, though I've forgotten them now.

Unfortunately, this didn't console SpM at all, and he continued moping. Then the dream sort of melded into another one, ending in a flying dream (I love them so much...) and the apparition of a guy I like, shoving SpM completely out of the picture.

Now, the Fea bit I understand; she's gone off for a while, which is a little depressing. I can understand SpM thinking everybody hates him because I'd taken a "Why do people hate you?" test that day (apparently, they don't, I'm perfect). What I don't get is... why the Saucepan Man? I hadn't been thinking about him at all beforehand.
Old 12-20-2005, 10:09 PM   #227
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
What I don't get is... why the Saucepan Man? I hadn't been thinking about him at all beforehand.
The little SpM in your mind must have been feeling neglected, and decided to remind you to appreciate him via the medium of dreams...
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:27 AM   #228
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
SpM started telling me about how sad he was that nobody on the Downs liked him.
Nobody loves me, everybody hates me
Think I'll go and eat worms ...
Old 12-22-2005, 01:33 AM   #229
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man
Nobody loves me, everybody hates me
Think I'll go and eat worms ...
I don't think this has something to do with your very early death in Werewolf XV...does it?
Old 01-04-2006, 01:14 AM   #230
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril Weird dreams, and it wasn't even mine.

My older brother (who isn't even a BDer) had a dream about a Downer. How cool was that?

My brother and I were in some random place (a mall, he thinks), when something bad happens (a tsunami, he thinks). So everyone goes into panic mode, except us, who continue walking to our destination calmly. He asks why we aren't leaving, and I answer "[dancing spawn of ungoliant] is here." So we walk on to some connecting building with a few rooms. One of them has spawn's real name in it. So we knock on the door, and then she comes out. I tell her we need to leave because something bad has happened. Then my brother woke up, and found me playing Chip's Challenge, and tells all this to me.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #231
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

That explains why he uncharacteristically woke up at 12 noon...
Old 01-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #232
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I dreamt that the Canadian Barrowdowners' Thread had been turned into a T.V. show in Canada. It was semi-reality T.V. and very popular.

I have never ventured inside this thread I dreamt of.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #233
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well, that is interesting.. I myself had a dream about that particular thread. Or, what the thread is about is more close to it.

All of us Canadian BDer's got together here in my hometown and we did absolutely nothing the entire time except play werewolf. That's all I can recall of this dream. But I can tell you, it was fun, even though we carried out the tradition of killing Wayne or myself right off the bat.
Old 01-04-2006, 09:58 PM   #234
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I dreamed that I got two reps overnight for a post I did. Lo and behold, when I logged on next there were two reps!

However, they weren't who I dreamed they would be, because I know that it's impossible to rep the same post twice.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #235
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I had a dream the other night that my orchestra teacher came into my jewelry class and told me that I was making glass beads all wrong and had to stop wasting time on them. In the dream, I then assigned making glass beads to Mordor. I remeber posting that I was sure Oddwen was going to be angry with my because I know she likes to make glass beads.

A while ago I also had a dream that involved Ka, her mother, and TORE doing something at my school, but I can't remember what. I think that perhaps in my dream TORE was dating a girl from my school, and I remember something about a tray of homemade croutons, but that's about it. It was a thouroughly bizarre dream.

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 01-08-2006 at 12:58 PM. Reason: spelling...
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #236
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Hello loves. I had many dreams, strange and occasionally wonderful but mostly just odd... really, really odd... over break. The one in question is thus:

Feanor of the Peredhil walks into a pizza place/pub with a similar layout to her favorite one near home, except this one serving alcohol and the real one not. Incredibly, she acquires a Russian accent for a short time, introducing herself with a laugh or two to a number of men as "Nataliya" and with a last name that I can pronounce, but sure as heck can't spell. They were bidden to call her "Tali". Suddenly, to her surprise, the phantom arrives and offers his arm (gallantly, as it was still attached). Fea replies with "'Right, let's go." in her normal voice, much to the dismay of the fellows who then complain that she lied. She responds, with a laugh, "Hey, I never actually said I was Russian. Thanks for helping me practice for the play I'm in." And off the phantom and Fea go for a slice of plain cheese and a few bottles of Dr. Pepper. The End.

I also dreamt about Gollum one night, but as he's not a Barrowdowner, it doesn't count.
Old 01-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #237
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
I had a dream that Pio had read my entries in the Green Dragon Inn, and she started praising me on my character development, and how wonderful my post was, and a load of other nonsense. I'm confused, since my post lacked any form of character development whatsoever. I write Pio asking her why she was praising me, and she says that she was trying to bribe me into doing something for her. I woke up before she could say what, though.

Pio, you're an evil, evil woman.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:47 AM   #238
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
1420! A crazy, crazy dream.

My sister has a class at 7am during Mondays and Thursdays. Since we live a good part of two hours away from home, and since it takes the best part of an hour for some of us to do our morning rituals, that necessitates waking up at the inhumanly early hour of 4. By virtue of similar obsessions (over BD, chicken sounds, and slugs), Lhunadaga and I are, by default, twin (despite the obvious gap in both age and beauty). That means I am also her official chaperone, which she almost always needs wherever she goes. Including the university.

But my class starts at 10, so I have three hours to waste. Usually, I wait for the University's Computer Centre to open at 8, but I had no money then, and I'm really tired, so I looked for a vacant room in the building where I'll have my first class, and slept there.

I woke up, and then noticed that there was a little group forming outside the room I took for my own. They'll be having classes there, so I left. Then, I received a text message from someone I didn't know. I scanned it, but the only words I can remember were 'WW,' 'Ministry of Ministering,' and 'Davem'! Now, I tried to check the message again, but my phone's display froze, and I proceeded to bang it furiously on some surface.

Then I woke up. There really was a group forming outside the room. I was wondering if the second part of my dream would come true. It didn't, of course.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:14 AM   #239
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I had a very strange dream last night.

I and Kath had heard that Fordim had got twins, so we decided to go to see them to a hospital. We wen't there and Kath asked a nurse: "Where is Fordim Hedgethistle? We would like to see him and his babies." I laughed, because I knew that Fordim's name wasn't Fordim in real life (or you never know, but anyways) and the nurse didn't know anyone of that name and went away. So we (me and Kath) went to ask another nurse for someone who had got twins. The nurse said: "Twins? He got seven!" and guided to Mr. and Mrs. Hedgethistle who had got seven babies. Fordim looked happy but a bit devastated, like his wife (who looked like Harry Potter's mother in the films). They let us hold the babies, who looked more like half year old than newborn. After that I, Kath and Fordim went to a cafe and ate sandwiches. Funniest of all, Fordim didn't even know who me and Kath were, because we hadn't presented ourselves, because we had forgotten.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #240
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
"Twins? He got seven!"
*In his shock and surprise, Fordim spits a mouthful of hot coffee all over the computer screen, then chokes on some backflow and faints.*
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote