The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2006, 01:26 PM   #281
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dűm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
It beats my most recent barrowdowns related dream though Form.

In mine a group of downers, of whom I can only remember you (Form), Wayne, Abercrombie/Malka and myself specifically, were at my grandmothers house to play werewolf. Real Werewolf, the wolves killed people and we, well, I think we threw them into a pond that was on my grandma's porch. One of the mornings we'd woken up and before we'd gathered to figure out who the wolves had killed I went to brush my teeth. Come to find out, of course, the wolves had killed WaynetheGoblin and turned him into the toothpaste I had just used.

Three guesses who read her tooth-past lable extra carfully this morning...
Old 03-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #282
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dűm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Last night I had an interesting dreamlette (one of those really short dreams, it's more like a picture than anything else.) I was working at a grocery store and I had just finished ringing a customer up, so I looked over to start ringing up the next person. And lo and behold! the next person in line was Esty and she had tons and tons of salad. She had stacked it up on top of the counter and in the cart and it was overflowing into the next aisle. She just stood in the middle of it all smiling and wearing her red dress that she's wearing in her BD picture.

Quote:
I think we threw them into a pond that was on my grandma's porch
Your grandma has a pond on her porch?
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:12 PM   #283
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dűm

Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Not really, but it was my-grandmother's-house-in-a-dream-world. Unless I'm much mistaken the whole porch (pond and all) later turned into a car...but that wasn't barrowdowns related and made too little sense for me to bother mentioning it. Except I just did...
Old 03-02-2006, 10:58 AM   #284
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
You know you have been playing too much werewolf when...

I dreamt of a cartoon. Even more so, a Garfield cartoon. Pretty innocent, eh? so first drawing, Garfield approaches a tree. Second one, there's a man who was hung there, with a pan placed instead of his head and a big sign saying "Good job villagers," and another at the man who was probably SPM saying "The Wolves"

I should seriously quit.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #285
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
This was so weird but I had a dream that i was doing something.......can't remember. Then everywhere Nilp kept popping up saying kill me! you know you want to! Or I shall kill me for you! and stuff to that effect. It was weird because I would open the trash can lid and there would be Nilp.....Open the closet...There's Nilp amongst the shoes! And the thing is i can't remember what he looked like either! Just that he was everywhere and he wanted to die one way or another! I told you it was weird!
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:30 PM   #286
Maeggaladiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The end of the world as we know it. I feel fine, incidentally.
Maeggaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Now this is just plain silly. I don't even PLAY Werewolf, and I just had a dream about me, my RP character Fionn, and Undome's RP character Meghan being attacked by werewolves (And one weretiger). We were in a big courtyard with Theoden and an army of warriors from Rohan, and as Theoden was talking, I saw a pair of werewolves creep up behind him. I yelled out, and suddenly the werewolf army ambushed us.

One grabbed me and was yelling that he was going to bite my head off, and I was screaming at Fionn and Meghan to help me. Finally they got the idea and came forward, but as soon as they attacked the wolf, their swords turned into blunt metal sticks. Eventually Fionn managed to kill it somehow, with Meghan holding it back.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:13 AM   #287
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ooooooookay then.

Last night I dreamed that Nilp contacted me via MSN - he had made a list of ten or twelve people to invite to his home in the Phillipines, and I was one of the lucky people on the list. I hemmed and hawed a bit, saying that I didn't know if I could afford it. This was a lie, however, since I believed that I could afford it.

I don't remember asking my parents or anything, but I started packing shirts, and me and my friend Earl readied up the raft (?) and pushed it up the river that was flowing upwards on the road (??).

We had got into town (...Kalamazoo? Eh?) when I discovered that I had packed my flannel pajamas, and since the Phillipines are an island and therefore warm, I had to stop and get some lighter nightclothes.

So we stopped at a Wal-Mart and I bought some pajamas, toiletries, and some yellow, used, but still-bouncy tennis balls (???), and we were off again.

Then I tried to drill the raft for to make maple syrup.

I don't remember much else, except getting off the plane, and seeing Menel, Davem & Lalwë, and perhaps B88.

There may have been a game of Werewolf involved.

And why yes, I did pig out on pizza last night.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 07:48 PM   #288
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Whoa.

Quote:
I don't remember much else, except getting off the plane, and seeing Menel, Davem & Lalwë, and perhaps B88. (Oddwen)
There must have been some mistake. Where's dancing spawn?

Oh, and expect the invitation soon.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:02 AM   #289
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I've been having BD dreams two nights in a row now...

First dream:
I, my little sister and my dad went to a bar. Lots of people we're playing snooker there and smoking. We met Sleepy Ranger there. He was a blond boy who had a long black leather coat and matrix-style sunglasses. I and my dad had had problems with a Star Wars miniature and we asked Sleepy to help us with it. He agreed to help. Then my dad wanted to stay in the bar, but I, my sister and Sleepy went to my school. There was no one there except dancing spawn of ungoliant. We talked with her for a while, but then Sleepy and my sister got bored and they wanted to go and drive the Helsinki metro line from one end to another. I asked spawn, would she like to leave also, but she said she was too lazy. So Sleepy and my sister went away and I and spawn stayed at my school and sharpened pencils with a big green pensil sharpener. Then spawn got bored and we went to the school library. We talked in MSN messenger with a spanish friend of spawn's, who was a 'downer. I had never heard of her before and I thought she was very irritating. The dream ended to a picture of me and spawn watching sport news in my grandparents'.

Second dream:
I had been on the 'downs whole night though I was supposed to clean my room. I was playing survivor, if I remember correctly. Then, I didn't have time to clean and went to sleep without doing that. When I woke up at morning, I had got an SMS. It said "I sent paavo to clean up your room. Have a nice day. See you on the 'downs. Cheers, Anguirel." My phone said that the number where the text message was from was just 30. Nothing else. I was left wondering how Ang knew my phone number and how had paavo got in so that no one noticed.

I think I should find a way to control my subconsciousness.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 06-12-2006 at 03:55 AM.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 07:54 AM   #290
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Can paavo come clean my room? Pretty please?
Old 03-10-2006, 07:57 AM   #291
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Can paavo come clean my room? Pretty please?
You must ask Ang. He seems to be paavo's boss.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:10 AM   #292
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Not again Sleepy !

It is so typical of Sleepy to (try too) run of with other downers little sister's

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:05 AM   #293
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
It is so typical of Sleepy to (try too) run of with other downers little sister's
I'm not in the list, am I?

*reads Rune's sig* Aww...we'll miss you, Rune.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:30 AM   #294
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Last night I dreamt that the Downs was being bought out by a big corporate company and they refused to let anyone talk about the books! They claimed that the films were better for making money.
So, The Saucepan Man, Lalwendë, davem, Eomer and Myself protested outside their headquarters. I think we threw Pidgins at their windows. And Eomer released a peacock into their offices and ran away.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:35 AM   #295
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I had a quick dream where I returned to my room from events with non-Downers only to find Mithalwen sitting at my computer waiting for me.

"We can't start WWJ without you."

Also present were JennyHallu, Kath, and there was definately a male Downer, but I don't know who it was.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:38 AM   #296
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
Last night I dreamt that the Downs was being bought out by a big corporate company and they refused to let anyone talk about the books!
It's already happened - or did you think the concentration on Werewolf games was a coincidence?!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:43 AM   #297
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I've actually shown up in a dream...wow...

Getting a warm fuzzy (kind of)

Anyway, always wondered...what do I look like, Fea?
Old 03-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #298
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estelyn Telcontar
It's already happened - or did you think the concentration on Werewolf games was a coincidence?!

Eomer! Get the Peacock!
Old 03-12-2006, 11:47 AM   #299
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
They claimed that the films were better for making money.
So, The Saucepan Man, Lalwendë, davem, Eomer and Myself protested outside their headquarters.
Actually, I would probably be one of those advising the big corporate company, rather than one of the protestors ...
Old 03-12-2006, 12:55 PM   #300
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
I had a quick dream where I returned to my room from events with non-Downers only to find Mithalwen sitting at my computer waiting for me.

"We can't start WWJ without you."

Also present were JennyHallu, Kath, and there was definately a male Downer, but I don't know who it was.

Could be Boro, Nogrod, Morm, Sleepy or Gil....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:17 PM   #301
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

For Werewolf, I'd be begging the police to crush those protestors.

Inaccurate dreaming, Hookbill...
Old 03-12-2006, 01:24 PM   #302
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Last night I dreamed that everyone negetive repped me and I went from Elrond's Council to gray box territory to black.

That's what one gets when one paints right before bed.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #303
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Jen- About 5'7", medium-long brown hair, spunky eyes, thin-but-not-too-thin, jeans and a t-shirt.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:44 PM   #304
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
For Werewolf, I'd be begging the police to crush those protestors.

Inaccurate dreaming, Hookbill...
Wouldst thou triad Werewolf for the books?

Fine, I'll get my own Peacock!

Besides, I dreamt about the Books being removed in favour of the Films, nothing to do with W-W.
I’m sure you’d all be out in force for that.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 03-12-2006 at 02:50 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:20 PM   #305
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Brrrrrr!

I watched The Constant Gardener two nights ago, and the following late-in-the-sleep-pattern-toward-dawn dream emerged: the CG actress gets killed. Next thing: "Justice must be done!" Next thing: I see a barrowdowns screen that reads ++ Elempi. Then another death. Then another barrowdowns screen with ++ swampy. Heck if I know what that was supposed to mean. Maybe it's another flourish on 'elempi' Then it was back and forth a few times between a movie scene and a barrowdowns vote.

Brrrrrrr!

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 03-12-2006 at 04:30 PM.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #306
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"me, me, me." "me, too!"

Alright...last night I dreamed I went to work (BK), and I punched in, and my manager Mary was showing me the schedule, but right next to it this new topic on the BD's opened up. I can't remember what it was called, but I remember the third post was by this unregistered user named something like "unbalthawen".

Two posts later, the user had registered, and was saying something like "The Only Real Estel and Oddwen are the rockingest people on the planet and I only like them, but Oddwen, I've been to Holland and I don't think I should associate with you."

Then people I didn't recognize started joining in and saying how awesome I was and how much they adored me. (Malkatoj may have been one of these.)

It was a quite possibly the best dream I've ever had. Although it was starting to get quite sad, as the posts got more and more off-topic and I felt the BW was going to close it soon.
But I've never been to Holland.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:00 AM   #307
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Quote:
Jen- About 5'7", medium-long brown hair, spunky eyes, thin-but-not-too-thin, jeans and a t-shirt.
Hmm...interesting...

Too tall, hair's about right, I really have no idea if my eyes are "spunky"...I just like that they seem to change colors, bigger than that (unfortunately...drat), probably not far off...
Old 03-13-2006, 10:38 AM   #308
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
Then people I didn't recognize started joining in and saying how awesome I was and how much they adored me. (Malkatoj may have been one of these.) .... It was a quite possibly the best dream I've ever had.
Been reading your rep comments a lot lately?
Old 03-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #309
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
A few nights ago I had this wonderful dream seen through the eyes of one of my RPG’s characters. It involved the impending end of a story and I was consciously thinking to my unconscious self - Fantastic! I’ve got to remember this stuff!

It was only as I was waking up I realized that that particular character met his end a long time ago, and that none of it would have worked anyway. It's some sort of sickness, but to be honest I wouldn’t might having a few more ‘bouts of it. )
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 05:35 PM   #310
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I don't see how me saying this could cause anyharm considering... well, why don't I just tell it.

Last night, I had a dream that I got a PM from Nilp telling me that Mith and myself (don't know why she was in it) we were the Seers for the game. Then, a little later on, Mith PM'ed me and suggested that we either dream about Garin or Valier and that's where it ended.

Now, don't ask me how Mith got to be a part of this dream considering she's not a part of Nilp's game. I think it may be because of the Tol-in-Gaurhoth Grimoire thread. I'm still trying to figure the dream out.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:54 AM   #311
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I just had a dream involving a few Downers. For some reason, I was in my family's old house. Anguirel was there and he presented me with an essay he'd written discussing the connexion between the new Flaming Lips album and Jadis the White Witch from Narnia (two awesome subjects). I remember discerning what I believed to be an overlooked flaw in his theory, but I was possibly completely missing his point. I remember Anguirel to be youthful, handsome, intelligent and friendly — for anyone interested in what he's like.

SamwiseGamgee was there too, just hanging out at my house with a bunch of other strangers, including a creepy lady who lived next door.

And AbercrombieofRohan was also there. She kept saying "But I hardly know Eomer!" Which was strange. Despite hardly knowing me, I had still managed to lure her into my house. And some guy was there begging me to check to see if my boiler was working properly.
Old 04-15-2006, 04:57 AM   #312
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
including a creepy lady who lived next door.

That was probably me

Old 04-15-2006, 05:00 AM   #313
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I assure you it was not, Mith. This particular creepy old lady does live quite near Samwise and me.

If I ever dream of you, you will probably assume the form of Nancy Sinatra.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:05 AM   #314
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

An interesting and unlikely choice.... but it is a long term ambition to be a creepy old lady, with too many cats, of whom the local children are afraid

Old 04-15-2006, 05:13 AM   #315
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I have had a lot of vague dreams having 'downers as a secondary element last week (an this week...). The only one I can remember was a few nights ago when I had a dream where Kath put me into a strange therapy which included jumping in a glass pool - or an aquarium - (the water was about to my waist and the top was open) in a shopping mall.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:23 AM   #316
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Though short, I once had a dream where BW was saying something about Balrog wings existing.
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:19 AM   #317
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Quote:
And some guy was there begging me to check to see if my boiler was working properly.
Probably me. Got to love them boilers!
Old 04-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #318
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
The only one I can remember was a few nights ago when I had a dream where Kath put me into a strange therapy which included jumping in a glass pool - or an aquarium - (the water was about to my waist and the top was open) in a shopping mall.
That, Lommy, is what comes of talking about Freud and reading your own death scene on a WW game! Cool dream though, maybe I will make it as a psychologist yet! (If word of this doesn't get out )
Old 04-17-2006, 08:35 PM   #319
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
I have had a lot of vague dreams having 'downers as a secondary element last week (an this week...). The only one I can remember was a few nights ago when I had a dream where Kath put me into a strange therapy which included jumping in a glass pool - or an aquarium - (the water was about to my waist and the top was open) in a shopping mall.
Uh - oh! Do you have any idea what the Freudian interpretation of this particular dream is?
Old 04-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #320
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Tonight I had an extremely lengthy chat over MSN with JennyHallu. I believe Kuruharan may have been involved as well at some point. I cannot remember the exact topic of conversation, but it was certainly very deep.

I don't know JennyHallu at all, but her dream personality is very nice. Her e-mail address was angel_in_the_sky@hotmail.com and I remember being surprised that any Downer would have such a screenname.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote