The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2006, 07:41 AM   #321
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Oh that's a lovely screen name...I very much approve! Now, as I do not have an MSN name, I'm going to have to run off and see if it's available. Then we can see if I'm as nice in person.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:00 AM   #322
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
Oh that's a lovely screen name...I very much approve! Now, as I do not have an MSN name, I'm going to have to run off and see if it's available. Then we can see if I'm as nice in person.

I actually tried adding the contact and to my great amazement it turned out to belong to a particularly unintelligent Dutch girl.

Too bad. I am clearly not as clairvoyant as I'd like to believe.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:25 AM   #323
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Cailín, I'm intrigued, what did you actually say to the unintelligent Dutch girl when you contacted her? Hello you don't know me but I dreamt about you? What was her response?
Old 04-19-2006, 07:33 AM   #324
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Hello you don't know me but I dreamt about you?
That would have been brilliant! And a bit freaky.

Actually, there was no need to converse with her at all. I merely glanced at her contact card - her 'blog' is in Dutch and she uses the infamous random capitalization. My dream image was immediately shattered.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:39 AM   #325
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ah, I see. I don't really do MSN so I wasn't sure....yes, random capitalisation, dreadful, ditto hysterical smilie abuse....
Old 04-20-2006, 05:43 PM   #326
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddwen
Alright...last night I dreamed I went to work (BK), and I punched in, and my manager Mary was showing me the schedule, but right next to it this new topic on the BD's opened up. I can't remember what it was called, but I remember the third post was by this unregistered user named something like "unbalthawen".

Two posts later, the user had registered, and was saying something like "The Only Real Estel and Oddwen are the rockingest people on the planet and I only like them, but Oddwen, I've been to Holland and I don't think I should associate with you."

Then people I didn't recognize started joining in and saying how awesome I was and how much they adored me. (Malkatoj may have been one of these.)
Sweet. We are so the "rockingest" people ever!
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:12 PM   #327
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i dreamed that i got to 4000 reps and now my life was fulfilled
Old 04-21-2006, 05:54 AM   #328
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Last night I had a dream that the Downs was having serious bandwidth issues, so they were really coming down on people with sigs more than three lines. So I'm thinking, wait, my sig is more than three lines, don't hurt me...

And a while ago (about a month, but I was out of town so I forgot about it) I had a dream coming straight from the "Assigned to Mordor" thread. I dreamed that on the trip I was on someone said route "root" and I wanted to say, "no it's route [as in rowt]. If you don't believe me, ask Fea."
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 06:09 AM   #329
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
But that is just wrong.........

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:51 AM   #330
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting Violence.

Okay, this was my dream. Formendacil, in Gondorian soldier-king attire, and Farael, in wizard attire, were in some grassy field with me, wearing my infamous red clouds in black cloak. We were there for a duel.

I threw some shurikens at them. They jumped to dodge my attack, but as soon as their feet touched the ground, two clones of me appeared from underground, grabbed the two Downers by the ankles, and then dragged them to the ground, leaving only their heads sticking up.

Needless to say, I won.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:24 AM   #331
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilpaurion Felagund
Okay, this was my dream. Formendacil, in Gondorian soldier-king attire, and Farael, in wizard attire, were in some grassy field with me, wearing my infamous red clouds in black cloak. We were there for a duel.

I threw some shurikens at them. They jumped to dodge my attack, but as soon as their feet touched the ground, two clones of me appeared from underground, grabbed the two Downers by the ankles, and then dragged them to the ground, leaving only their heads sticking up.

Needless to say, I won.
Yes... but which ONE of you?

I don't think it was a fair fight... three on two- and with the element of surprise.

Still, I like mine costume!
Old 04-25-2006, 04:06 AM   #332
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots Re: The Loser's reply.

Well, go scold my subconscious, will you?

The two clones were not real, biotechnology-made clones, but shadow clones made from my energy. If you hit them they'll be dispelled immediately.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:12 AM   #333
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
A long and odd dream

Well... bear with me here. This is a long dream involving werewolves and Kathwin. It's all rather confusing.

First off, I was a zombie in a secret society for zombies at my school. A teacher discovered this and trooped in with two policemen armed with guns to put an end to our zombism.

I forget a bit and my memory jumps straight to a standoff between us. I was holding my teacher hostage but the policemen had their guns aimed straight at me.

My teacher said "Now it's just like those games where you have to destroy the zombies faster than they can infect people." I decided it was worth being shot to turn her into a zombie, so I bit her. The police shot me in the stomach several times, but apparently this doesn't hurt zombies.

Then one of my friends, along with a scary, crazy looking distant family member of mine, rushed up the stairs to our zombie base, where all this was happening, and presumably took care of the policemen. I remember being elated that my friend had come to rescue me, but this quickly faded when he aimed a gun at my forehead, called me the rudest word in the English language (sounds rather like French for story) and shot me in the head.

Apparently, even this is not enough to kill zombies, and I was shoved into a cupboard. However, I believe being shot in the head may have turned me into a werewolf, because after being put in the cupboard, zombie was I no longer.

I then somehow teleported to some rich girl's house. Her father was some sort of captain in the navy or army, but he went missing every 28 days, most mysteriously. I pointed out to the girl that she was a werewolf, and we became werewolf lovers.

But suddenly the scary relative jumped into the house! He too was a werewolf! I tried to protect my lover from him, but he was far bigger than me. The hall, where all this took place, was full of mirrors. So I shot all the mirrors, and this somehow killed the scary relative. But it also harmed my lover - I think she may have died.

Anyway, the lover somehow disappeared and was replaced by my dad. We were on a ship off the coast of India, being chased by 3 diplomats - one was probably from China, for he was represented by a Korean friend. We shook off 2 of the men, and I shot the Korean friend in the ship's engine. Unfortunately, this caused the ship to stop working and it almost sunk, though luckily it reached Mumbai before this could happen, and I jumped off, losing my dad.

I was now alone and in the poorest part of my hometown. I went to hide, for I was still being chased, either for being a werewolf or for supporting democracy in Nepal (which the EU, US and India are all against, explaining the diplomats). So I went to hide in a house with a friendly woman.

After being in the house for a few minutes I saw a policewoman outside the kitchen window. She saw me, and I ducked quickly. But she came right up to the window. I tried to hide by going right up to the window in question and hiding behind the sink, but suddenly Kath was behind me, and saying "You're in her line of sight! You're in her line of sight!"

Too late, I ran, but the police stormed the house. I ran up the stairs into an abandoned room, broke through the window and jumped onto the roof of an opposite house.

Then it's all a blur. The next thing I remember is standing in court - but whether it was because of the secret zombie movement, being a werewolf, sinking a ship or supporting democracy, I don't know.

Right. Analyse that.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:52 PM   #334
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu

Whoa.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #335
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
Right. Analyse that.
Analysis just in: you're nuts.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #336
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Uh - oh! Do you have any idea what the Freudian interpretation of this particular dream is?
No and to be honest I wouldn't even want to know!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:35 AM   #337
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I made a post mentioning that Numenor lay buried under central London, stretching from Piccadilly to Trafalgar Square, with its central point being under Piccadilly Circus.
Phantom and a couple of others were scathing about this, very unfairly I thought because I was being entirely canonical and had the UT quotes to prove it. While I was hunting them out, Valier posted to support me, she demonstrated my assertion was correct by use of a model made of brazil nuts and hazlenuts, a picture of which she provided in her post.
I then spent a long time walking along a snowy residential street in Calgary (a place I have never been to) looking for a unversity campus, so that I could get access to a computer to play werewolf on.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:51 AM   #338
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
I dreamed that I got a reputation last night that said something along the lines of, "I had no idea you had anything to say until all these threads about monarchs and eunuchs started popping up, but you keep putting up interesting posts." Even in my dream I was half-thinking, "Huh?"
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:32 AM   #339
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I had a dream, regarding a Werewolf concept of sorts (don't worry: it doesn't spoil any game).

Basically, people (and, hilariously enough, this includes Bethberry ) were trying to figure out who the wolves were by means of email usage. Apparently, the wolves had to email each other, and by checking the players' PCs, people could discover at least who couldn't be a wolf, as s/he hadn't used their email in days.

I was appalled by this cheating, and wrote a letter to the local rag ('The Evening Express', one of the worst things in Aberdeen). For some reason, they printed it on the back page beside the Sport headlines.

But they totally changed my letter! They put a bunch of spelling mistakes and crude phrases into it, and totally changed the point (in fact, the end-product was just a jumble of words—not at all like my posts ) I was furious (because this wasn't the first time a newspaper editor had twisted my letters) and ranted and raved 'til I woke up.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:39 AM   #340
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I had a dream two nights ago that I received a mysterious letter in the mail and when I opened it I noticed it was from Lalwende. Apparently she tracked me down and decided to give my family and me about 10 to 15 free passes to DisneyWorld or DisneyLand. I think she even included the airfare. It was a rather pleasant dream and probably represented how I feel about most downers, but it was odd to received post from Lalwende.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:51 AM   #341
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I had a dream the other night wherein I was visiting a friend of a friend in Massachussetts. When my friend and I got there, we discovered that she wasn't at home and instead visited with her dad. On our way out, we ran into her in the front drive: Encaitare. As we were driving, we were suddenly in Vermont, much as dreams do go, and 'Cai was gone, but the phantom was there and I'm pretty sure that morm was the man behind the cash register.

I'm very worried about my subconscious...
Old 05-16-2006, 07:58 AM   #342
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Oh, so Fea, you're having dreams about the phantom, are you?

*points and giggles childishly*

I can't wait to tell him...
Old 05-16-2006, 09:53 AM   #343
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Oh, so Fea, you're having dreams about the phantom, are you?
My boyfriend was there too.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #344
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
My boyfriend was there too.
Glad to hear it! But where did the cash register suddenly pop up from?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:58 AM   #345
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

We were in a convenience store type of place. It seems that morm owned it. The phantom was a customer.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:13 PM   #346
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I had a dream some time ago that was kind of about you, Fea. I say "kind of" because you were a combination of yourself (I called you by your real name and you lived in Central NY) and a girl I know on fanfiction.net (I know this because we were discussing our stories). I showed up at your/her house as a surprise and stayed there for a few days. You had a big family and a big country house. I'd forgotten about that dream until now...
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 07:49 PM   #347
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
We were in a convenience store type of place. It seems that morm owned it. The phantom was a customer.
The phantom a customer of mormegil? Now that is full of interpretive possibilities.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 09:43 PM   #348
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
The phantom a customer of mormegil? Now that is full of interpretive possibilities.
Y'all just wait to interpret the most recent dream I had. I'm waiting until after Wizard WW to post it.
Old 05-20-2006, 09:56 PM   #349
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I recently had a dream in which Saucepan Man was a ninja and Lalaith was a french maid, and they were in combat over some kind of special plant. Then I was going to take it because letting either of them have it meant the destruction of the entire world. They were about to kill me when the sherif, Eomer, showed up to break up the fight, but I had to get on a motorcycle to escape. Suddenly, Nilp was chasing me on another motorcycle that had built in machine guns. I'm pretty sure we were in Texas at the time.

Analyze that one. (No, I am not making this up.)

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 01:23 PM   #350
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Roa's dream analyzed but not interpreted

SPM = Ninja: very dangerous, dark opponent. Known far and wide as very intelligent analytical type.

Lalaith = French maid: french associated with freedom? maid suggests freedom in service to something else? Known equally as intelligent analytical type.

special plant = ? - - the mystery element. Healing properties? Magical properties as likely. At any rate, the artifact great value.

Eomer = shirriff - the law representative, but a rather swashbuckling type; if in Texas, however, that would fit.

Motorcycle = Roa's self image: quick, agile, little room for passengers, able to squeeze through tight traffic.

Nilpaurion on motorcycle armed with machine guns = the protagonist's equal, more threatening and dangerous than SPM or Lalaith.

Texas = land where law is in the eye of the beholder.

Were SPM or Lal attacking you? Were you trying to get at the plant?

So far inconclusive. Need questions answered first.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #351
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Interesting...

They were attacking each other at first to get the plant, but they started attacking me after I went for the plant.
Quote:
Motorcycle = Roa's self image: quick, agile, little room for passengers, able to squeeze through tight traffic.
I knew I was an egotist....

EDIT: Also, the fight between them started in a house with white walls and expensive furnishings, and then moved to a country road in a desert like area, where the plant was, which is when I went for it.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:05 PM   #352
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Been watching "Kill Bill" lately?

Did you get the plant?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:09 PM   #353
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No, I haven't seen Kill Bill in over a year.

I didn't get the plant; I gave it to Eomer before getting on the motorcycle.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #354
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

While you're about it, Doctor Dream, I'd like to know what you make of my one with Valier and the hazlenut Numenor up there *points*.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #355
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
While you're about it, Doctor Dream, I'd like to know what you make of my one with Valier and the hazlenut Numenor up there *points*.(Lalaith)
I have a theory: got Werewolf on the brain? Wait! I'm not done! Got Werewolf...in a University (duh duh dunnn) on the brain!?!?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:37 PM   #356
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Doctor Dream Speaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
No, I haven't seen Kill Bill in over a year.

I didn't get the plant; I gave it to Eomer before getting on the motorcycle.
SPM = Ninja: very dangerous, dark opponent. Known far and wide as very intelligent analytical type.

Lalaith = French maid: french associated with freedom? maid suggests freedom in service to something else? Known equally as intelligent analytical type.

special plant = ? - - the mystery element. Healing properties? Magical properties as likely. At any rate, the artifact great value.

Eomer = shirriff - the law representative, but a rather swashbuckling type; if in Texas, however, that would fit. Gets the plant from Roa.

Nilpaurion on motorcycle armed with machine guns = the protagonist's equal, more threatening and dangerous than SPM or Lalaith.

Texas = land where law is in the eye of the beholder.

Okay then. Interpretation.

Death Dealer and Freedom, both very forceful, are fighting over the mysterious life symbol. Roa the protagonist takes it so that neither can get it, and gives it to the Dashing Law Figure. She makes a clean getaway from that mess by means of her greatest strengths. She has so far aligned herself with law and order. But Insanity and Chaos is just as strong as Law and Order, and is bearing down on her with death dealing capability. Watch out, honey, you're in for a ride. .....

Well, what do you think?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:44 PM   #357
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Doctor Dream Analyzes, as requested

Quote:
I made a post mentioning that Numenor lay buried under central London, stretching from Piccadilly to Trafalgar Square, with its central point being under Piccadilly Circus.
Phantom and a couple of others were scathing about this, very unfairly I thought because I was being entirely canonical and had the UT quotes to prove it. While I was hunting them out, Valier posted to support me, she demonstrated my assertion was correct by use of a model made of brazil nuts and hazlenuts, a picture of which she provided in her post.
I then spent a long time walking along a snowy residential street in Calgary (a place I have never been to) looking for a unversity campus, so that I could get access to a computer to play werewolf on.
Numenor is the London Underground?

Confident fellow Barrowdowners ridicule with logic and persuasion? (that's a guess considering who)

Canonicity = authority

Valier uses nuts to build a scale model of the whole thing. Nuts = insanity, obviously.

Calgary = time zone issues?

Werewolf = fun

Numenor = the promised land ...... under London?

London = real life.

What do you think so far?

Old 05-22-2006, 02:27 AM   #358
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Very interesting, Doctor Dream, thank you.
Although I think it's a bit harsh on Valier. In the dream, I was rather impressed by her model and grateful for her support. I also do, in RL, eat a lot of nuts.

Oh, and I am tickled by my appearance in Roa's dream. Oo la la...
Old 05-22-2006, 02:50 AM   #359
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Question

Why do I always seem to be fighting with someone in people's dreams ...?
Old 05-22-2006, 03:34 AM   #360
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Very interesting, Doctor Dream, thank you.
Although I think it's a bit harsh on Valier. In the dream, I was rather impressed by her model and grateful for her support. I also do, in RL, eat a lot of nuts.

Oh, and I am tickled by my appearance in Roa's dream. Oo la la...
Well, "insanity" can also be construed as chaotic, not following normal patterns of logic, a more 'right brained' approach. Which fits Valier rather well, now that I've had experience of her in a certain werewolf game.