The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 02:47 PM   #81
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Question I confuse easely !

was it 10:30 at GMT -6 ?

Old 10-02-2005, 03:21 PM   #82
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
GMT -5, love. Don't worry... we all get confused. The wisest of us ask questions to change that.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:58 PM   #83
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I'm fine now. Thanks for bearing with me.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:40 PM   #84
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
No problem. But please refrain from posting on this thread. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2005, 02:27 PM   #85
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I still haven't gotten a name from the Wolves yet. And just a reminder, from now until Friday, send your names to both myself and The Perky Ent. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:24 AM   #86
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Fair notice: as far as I'm aware at this moment, I will not be posting on SaturDAY. I have a wedding to attend at home (opposed to Uni, where I play from).
Old 10-04-2005, 03:25 PM   #87
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ok Fea. Thanks for the heads up. BTW, I also will be gone to a wedding on Saturday so if you don't mind once again Perky?
Old 10-05-2005, 08:12 PM   #88
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Perky will be taking over on Saturday for me. And as for today, I still need a frigin name from those drated Wolves!!!! You only have 20 minutes!!! You know that, right?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:50 PM   #89
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Question

Got a question for the WWJ players. If we end up getting 6 votes for Gurthang before 10:30pm Est, would you like to me to end it before 10:30? I'd still start off the next Day at 10:30 tomorrow. What say you?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #90
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I think waiting till we get all the votes would be best, because that would help in determining stuff but if you're doing it because of time restraints then go ahead, I have no objection to it.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:58 PM   #91
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I agree with Sleepy.

Old 10-06-2005, 03:58 PM   #92
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

It makes no difference to me. I'm happy either way. Go TiGJ!
Old 10-06-2005, 04:17 PM   #93
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

No preference.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:54 PM   #94
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Just to remind everybody again. I'm almost entirely (as far as I'm aware... just to be fair, I have to keep adding this) unavailable for the next few days as I'm out of town. If I get to a computer, it may not be during a DAY for me to post, or it might only be a short enough amount of time for me to barely fit in a few concise sentences. Cheers.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:56 AM   #95
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Sting

Along those lines, I will be away tomorrow for a college interview. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get to a computer; if I can, I will definitely post. Thanks
Old 10-07-2005, 10:07 AM   #96
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Palantir-Green

I do not know when i am going to post tomorrow.

going to se some real football: Denmark vs. Greece in Parken Stadium.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #97
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

sounds like fun, rune. really football, as in soccer?

unfortunately, i won't be on much either. prolly not untill 4:30 or so saturday afternoon. sigh...work, in all its gloriousness...
Old 10-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #98
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Wow!!! Seems like there's going to be a lot of us missing. I will not be accepting a lynch for Fea, malkatoj and Rune as they will not be able to mpost most likely. If they do, however, post you may feel free to vote for them. I myself will be away until probably 1:00am tomorrow at the latest so Perky will be filling in for me. Speaking of which, I might need you to take over on Sunday as well. Might is the key word in that. Speaking of which, I still needs a name from the Seer. And if I post late today, it's because I was out. Perky, if I don't post the death by make it 11:30pm Est at the latest, do it for me. Ok?
Old 10-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #99
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I will not be accepting a lynch for Fea, malkatoj and Rune as they will not be able to mpost most likely. If they do, however, post you may feel free to vote for them.
Glirdan, I don't think that will work. I believe a lot of people plan on voting for X(name withheld) tomorrow, whether X is there or not. But according to what you just said, all X has to do is not post, and they will save themselves. That doesn't seem very fair.
Old 10-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #100
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
I gave the seer the name the seer wanted to see. You still wantn to wait til that late since we already have all the names, or can I post the next possible death!

...because I have a good post in mind, and need to get it out soon!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 10-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #101
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

White-Hand

I do not mind if people vote for me, althoug i am not posting ! (but it does not seem to be me who is in danger)

It is all up to you Glirdan, I do not care. . .

Old 10-07-2005, 03:06 PM   #102
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

You bring up a very good point Gurthang. So I take back what I said. Vote for whom you want. But you ideas might change.

Perky, I got the name from the Seer to. Does anybody mind if we start early, because the Wolves actually sent in their attack already. This way, you have moer time for disscussion and the Day would still end tomorrow at 10:30pm.

And Perky, if you have a really good death and you can incorporate it somehow in the lynching for tomorrow, use it tomorrow because I have a rather wierd death myself.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:48 PM   #103
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Ok, I can wait til tomorrow's lynching! But I was specificaly instructed to make it gruesome
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
Old 10-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #104
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Good, can't wait to see what it is at that. BTW, this should be my lasat post for the day so I'll see you all tomorrow. Have fun with the death Perky!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 08:31 PM   #105
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well, I'm back. Perky, I said I'd be back. Now why did you go and post the death? Mind you it was a cool death. An explanation please.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:00 PM   #106
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

White Tree

Hmm....I have an excuse...sure. Well, all the name's were in, and I thought you'd be gone that night. Plus, I figured since the villagers were aobut to win, they needed all the time they could get to get it right. I apologize.

~*~ Villagers Win ~*~

Well that was a fun one. I don't know if anyone else has stepped up, but if no one else is thinking of modding the next one, I'd like to take a whack at it (Assuming no one else really wants to, or if there even is a WWJ II)
Old 10-10-2005, 09:05 PM   #107
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Well that explains a lot there Perky. And yes, villagers win. Now, I'm not sure if someone's already stepped up for the position of mod in the next one, but if there's going to be another, you're going to have to wait till Holby's game is over to start planning it.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:06 PM   #108
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

Boots

True. I believe Phantom is up next after Holby! That should be interesting...
Old 10-10-2005, 09:37 PM   #109
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Should indeed. The phantom's got the next "official" game, but I hadn't heard anything about anyone else calling mod on the next junior version (which, quite honestly, was one of the best played I've been in, so any negative connotations that come with "junior" are faulty to the core) is wide open. *nudge nudge*
Old 10-10-2005, 09:49 PM   #110
malkatoj
Wight

1420!

Yay for WWJ! You should definitely start a new one, Perky. You were a great backup mod (and Glirdan a great mod) and I can't wait to play again and 'tone my skills.'
Old 10-11-2005, 06:01 AM   #111
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I would like to be on the waiting list for mod.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:08 AM   #112
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

perky, i would love to play a wwj game modded by you. if there is one, im definitely in (hopefully, that is )
Old 10-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #113
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

How soon before the next game?
Old 10-11-2005, 01:51 PM   #114
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Yes Perky, take up the torch that I've passed on to you!!! And how about a little twist. You be mod, I be backup mod!?!? Now there's an idea. But if someone wants to be backup mod, I'll gladly step down. I'm sure Perky's game will be a blast and hope you guys have fun.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:38 PM   #115
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

J'ai un grand problem

Oof! Problem!!!

I will be gone from the 16-22 on a canoeing trip in Green River, Utah. Hmm....what to do, oh what to do? If you still want me to mod and wait, I can start it on the 23rd. A lot depends on when WWXI ends. If you want, I'll step down and wait for WWJ III, but if not, I'll have to work something out
Old 10-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #116
malkatoj
Wight

Sting

If people want to start immediately, I have no problem modding, though I'd rather play. I think, actually, that either would be quite fun.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:27 PM   #117
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
I've been following both of the recent (concurrent) WW games avidly and would love to play in the next one.

However, being a total Gaurhoth virgin, I'll understand if the mod would prefer to front-load the next game with experienced players.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #118
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

The whole point of WWJ was so that the unexperienced members could have their own little games to get used to how the WW games work before heading into the Big games witht the rest of us. I'm sure the mod would rather have a bunch of newbies and a few experienced to even it out. That's what made my game fun, we had a pretty even number of both newbies and experienced players.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:43 PM   #119
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I just read Bergil stating that the next game is full ! ! !

Is this correct ? I thought we had not starting signing yet!

I want to be in so badly!

Old 10-11-2005, 04:46 PM   #120
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

No, the planning for the next game hasn't even started, the next game for WWJ anyway. As for the original WW games, the one the tp will be modding, I have no idea. You still have a chance to get into this game however, but the planning will not be starting until Holby's game has finished which should be sometime in the next few days, so look out WW here I come!!!!
Closed Thread