The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 07:58 PM   #201
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkatoj
A few more things:
-Double Lynchings
-Retractable Votes
-Punishment for those who don't post (death after two DAYs?)
I don't like the retractable votes. It's what sealed my fate in my first WW game (ok not a good reason...) but also then there's a chance people will keep changing their minds and retract their votes alot. Will get quite confusing.

As for the punishment after two days of silence I'd say no if they have a good reason for being gone and they post in advance. Other then that I don't really mind.

I could care less about double lynchings.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:00 PM   #202
malkatoj
Wight

malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Dark-Eye

I was going to do what Glirdan did last time--post the rules at some point during the day, then allow the wolves to PM until my death, which would be followed by a DAY.

I could post my death early (6:30) and not allow anyone to post until 9, thus allowing the wolves to PM until then. That way, I could get the game started ASAP and not lose the dignity of being an Absentee (G/M)od on the first day.

If that's too confusing, tell me, but I think it'll be the best way.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:43 PM   #203
Márcolië Lamen
Wight

Márcolië Lamen has just left Hobbiton.
++MYTHO
--RETRACTABLE VOTES
++DOUBLE LYNCHINGS
--CURSED
++PUNISHMENT AFTER 2 DAYS SILENCE UNLESS GOOD REASON STATED BEFORE
Old 10-16-2005, 08:55 PM   #204
Hiriel
Wight

Hiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Hiriel
Shield

Hmm. I totally understand about fencing lessons, Malk. (OT, what weapon do you fence?) I can wait till Tuesday, but whatever. The idea of posting your death at 6:30 and giving the wolves time to pm sounds good. And hopefully, this is not a sign of bandwagoning to come, but,
++ General Consensus of a Mytho not a Cursed, double lynching, nonretractable votes, and death in punishment for two days' silence.

4 8 15 16 23 42 ~Proud Lostaway
Old 10-16-2005, 10:25 PM   #205
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Márcolië Lamen pretty much said it for me.

Except you should rethink the penalty for no vote/no show. I think it's a good idea, but I'm not sure it would work very well. I just don't know...

Well, I plan on posting everyday anyway, so it really doesn't make a difference to me.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:29 PM   #206
tar-ancalime
Shade of Carn Dűm

tar-ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
++MYTHO
--RETRACTABLE VOTES
++DOUBLE LYNCHINGS
--CURSED
I concur.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:08 AM   #207
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Thumbs up

Updatet version of my votes:

++MYTHO
--RETRACTABLE VOTES
++DOUBLE LYNCHINGS
--CURSED

Punishment are important ! Silence makes the game too hard for the non-wolves!

Old 10-17-2005, 06:22 AM   #208
malkatoj
Wight

Dark-Eye

Then it's settled...we'll have a Mytho but no Cursed, nonretractable votes and double lynchings. This should make the game fairly difficult. Those who don't talk for two DAYs will be lynched.

Question: If the Mytho picks a Wolf, do the villagers know that there are four wolves? Or two seers? Or whatever?

Expect my death later today.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:26 AM   #209
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Question: If the Mytho picks a Wolf, do the villagers know that there are four wolves? Or two seers? Or whatever?

Expect my death later today.
I don't think so, well at least we don't do that in the real life version of the game...

Can hardly wait, this will be fun

*crosses fingers to be the mytho*
Old 10-17-2005, 07:07 AM   #210
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Yes. The villagers will know if there is a new wolf. I don't think they'll know about the seer or any other role like hunter or ranger or something.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:26 PM   #211
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Yes. The villagers will know if there is a new wolf. I don't think they'll know about the seer or any other role like hunter or ranger or something.
Yes they will actually. If there are 2 seers the village will be informed, if there are 2 rangers the village will be informed, ect.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:41 PM   #212
malkatoj
Wight

Dark-Eye

Registration closes in little less than half an hour. I'll be sending out the roles then and posting the rules in a new thread.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:23 PM   #213
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

Remember to make yourself invisible!
Old 10-17-2005, 04:58 PM   #214
malkatoj
Wight

Dark-Eye

My death will be coming at 9 like it should...I had to go and get too tired to be out late. Just so you don't wonder about it.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:33 PM   #215
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Just a little heads up for everyone. I'm going to be really busy after school starting on Wednesday because I'm an instrumental major at my school and I have band and other stuff like that. Soooo you probably won't be hearing from me until close to voting time.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:57 PM   #216
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

It's just a role playing type game Eorl. You have a town that has been cursed because there are three Wolves living amongst them. The villagers job is to try and find the Wolves to save the town. There is also a Seer who dreams about people at Night and will be able to tell who's a Wolf if he chooses the right person. Then there are a bunch of other characters such as the Ranger (protects villagers at Night) and a Hunter (chooses one person to kill with them if they get attacked at Night) plus many other roles such as the Sherriffs, Werebear, Cobbler, Cursed and Mythomaniac. Hope that clears things up.

Now, since I'm the starter of this thread (not that that has a whole lot of power) please refrain from posting on this thread unless it's to explain an absence or to say you will be absent or for any other reasons such as that. Another thing, please refrain from talking about the game whether you're alive or dead. As SpM once told me, you might accidently give something away about the game. Mind you I would have thought the mod would have said all this. (That's just a tease malka. Don't take it personally)
Old 10-17-2005, 09:08 PM   #217
Eorl of Rohan
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eorl of Rohan has just left Hobbiton.
Well, that being cleared up, and the last post deleted to prevent cluttering up the thread, may I join in?
Old 10-18-2005, 04:59 PM   #218
malkatoj
Wight

Dark-Eye

Sorry Eorl, the game's already started. Keep an eye open for the next one, though.

To the rest of you: Please read the rules in the first thread. If I realize I miss something, I edit and add it--I've added voting rules and rules about when and where you can talk about the game. I may be adding more if I think of them. If you'd please check up on that periodically, it would save me having to yell at you all.

I'm going to count votes that didn't have the correct format toDAY because I edited and didn't tell anyone. TOMORROW, though, don't plan to be so lucky.
Old 10-18-2005, 05:07 PM   #219
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Could anybody tell me how much more time before voting ends?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:15 PM   #220
malkatoj
Wight

Dark-Eye

Voting closes at 9:00 GMT-5...so you've got and hour and 45 minutes.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #221
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i wouldn't mind modding the next WWJ game, or even be in it...
Old 10-18-2005, 08:02 PM   #222
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Sorry Gil, Perky will be modding the next game. And I think I changed my mind. I'll be in Perky's game, which will be my last one until December. And now I know why you don't go outside and socialize with people when you're in a WW game.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:10 AM   #223
SunniGadi
Animated Skeleton

SunniGadi has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to SunniGadi Send a message via MSN to SunniGadi
1420!

Requesting to join next game...how many games are going on anyway?

Stuff should go here. It might eventually.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:37 AM   #224
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The original Werewolf game was so popular that we started a second thread. It is called junior partly because it was newer and partly because it was thought that it would give newer players a chance to gain experience. In effect it has just widened the net !!!

While Perky may take note of people posting here it might be worth Personal Messaging him, because the game requires a faily big commitment over a specific period of time, some mods prefer to post game details before recruiting.

Welcome to the Downs BTW

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 10-19-2005, 10:59 AM   #225
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Info

I will not be abel to post that much tommorow, since me and some of my friends (who is not imaginary; I hope . . .) is going to watch the LOTR movies and have a game of LOTR Risk.

We have been talking about it for a while and then it was decided yesterday that tomorrow would be the day! I am just following orders.

This mean that I will proberbly only be online in between the movies and only for a short period of time.

Old 10-19-2005, 02:40 PM   #226
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
No signing up for the next game please(Glirdy you should know better ). Wait until the current one is over.

Thank you.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:21 PM   #227
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilwa of the numbers
...Glirdy you should know better ...
What do you mean by that? I didn't sign up. Unless you're talking about why I didn't vote, in which case I should no better.

As Wilwa said, no signing up for the next game because then the thread gets cluttered up with people wanting to sign up and all this other mumbo jumbo which is really not neccessary. Come back and sign up when Perky gets back, which should be sometime next week.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:29 PM   #228
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
I'll be in Perky's game
That is signing up.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #229
SunniGadi
Animated Skeleton

SunniGadi has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to SunniGadi Send a message via MSN to SunniGadi
Oh, sorry. I just can't wait to get playing, I love werewolf. Oh, the puns...

Stuff should go here. It might eventually.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #230
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

OOPS!!! Just noticed that!! I take it back!! No, even better, I'll rephrase that. "I'll hopefully be in Perky's game". Better?

Anyway, enough with the chit chat. No signing up while current game is running. And please, Please, PLEASE, refrain from posting on here. I know I am, but this will be my last post on this thread (unless there's to much posting) until the game is over.

Oh, and Wilwa, don't answer that.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:38 PM   #231
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dűm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Alright, I'l be posting the death tonight, but I might post it a little late due to college. *curses* Expect it around or before 9:30 PM (EST) All votes posted after 9 (EST) will NOT be counted.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 PM   #232
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
sign me up already...
Old 10-25-2005, 05:33 AM   #233
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

No signing up yet Gil. The game is still not quite over. We will wait until Perky gets back as well.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:00 PM   #234
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
When a slot is available...

I would like to mod again... is it Perky then Gil here?

Old 10-28-2005, 04:27 PM   #235
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shield

I put in a request to mod after Perky, but methinks no one saw it...
Old 10-28-2005, 09:59 PM   #236
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

So far, it goes Perky, Kitanna, Gil and now Mith. Sorry for forgetting you Kitanna. But you'll get your chance. So we will wait and see if Perky has the chance to mod. If not, Kitanna will take over. Sound good?
Old 10-29-2005, 05:18 AM   #237
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Now the game's ended, so can people sign up? (Or is it full?) I'd like to sign up, but if the next game's going to start very soon I fear I'll have problems, because I can't get computer access next weekend. So when can I sign up for the next game and when does the next game start?
Old 10-29-2005, 11:41 AM   #238
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Oh I am in no great rush but I just wanted to get an idea .... oooh a Kitanna game... interesting ...

Old 10-29-2005, 11:46 AM   #239
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I'd say. But by the looks of things, the WW games will be dying out for the next little while so I don't know if we will need a WWJ game right now. We will wait and see how many people join the WW game because we know that there are already a lot of people who won't be playing in Spawn's game. But we'll wait and see....
Old 10-29-2005, 11:47 AM   #240
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

I put dibs to mod a game after February the 18th. And ain't nobody stealing that spot from me. ^_^
So first game after Feb 18th is mine.
Closed Thread