The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 01:35 PM   #241
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh well .... at some point.... I might tempt a few people who are into mythomanes and retractable voting...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 10-30-2005, 10:23 AM   #242
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm a bit afraid about joining a real WW game, so maybe I'll wait for the next junior game...
Old 10-30-2005, 11:08 AM   #243
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I'm sure those of you who have played in the last two are probably ready to join the real WW games Thin. That means you, Sleepy, Bergil Eonwe and Rune. Ka would do really well to. Kitanna, Wayne, Wilwa, Holby, Gurthang, Fea, TORE, Folwren have already played with the other members, so if you don't think you're ready, ask one of them for a second opinion. But I still believe you five are ready for it.

As for the next WWJ game, I'm starting to think that there won't be one, unless it's a very small game of about 7 to 10 people. That would mean like the first game of WW there ever was. 1 Seer and 3 Wolves. The rest would be Ordo's. I believe so because Spawn's game has very few people playing aas of yet. But we will wait and see.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:32 AM   #244
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i've been thinking of like a WW gang-war, i'm still working it out but i think that i could have 6 werewolves, 3 on each side, and 10 ordinary villagers(that includes ranger, seer, hunter, guardian) basically the villagers have to kill all the werewolves, werewolves have to snuff out the opposing werewolves and villagers, i might have a Black Beorning in there too...

i'm still working on it
Old 10-30-2005, 11:43 AM   #245
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

That sounds like an awsome idea Gil. I'd really like to play in that. If you need help working out little kinks or just want idea's, don't hesitate to ask.

Now, if you do start this Gil, we'll have to work out a schedule because I really like Mith's idea of having a one day WW game. So, we could start out with having the normal WW game and WWJ running. Once that's over, we could have Gil's game, and then once that's over, we can have Mith's idea going and then start over. That way, the games don't get to boring and it's evened out. What do you guys think?
Old 10-30-2005, 12:31 PM   #246
Gil-Galad

rotate through the different types of games to make it interesting...
Old 10-30-2005, 01:28 PM   #247
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Gil-Galad,
Gang war sounds cool.. Though there should be probably more ordos than in a normal game. And wouldn't it be nice to have fg. werewolves against werejackals or something? (Aww, it would be quit scary to be an ordo in such a game...)
Old 10-30-2005, 01:31 PM   #248
Gil-Galad

i'm still thinking of how to work it out, i've been thinking of maybe giving the Ord's some advantage so they don't get brutalized...i might add in more Ords
Old 10-30-2005, 01:41 PM   #249
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone
That means you, Sleepy, Bergil Eonwe and Rune.
yeah, but i really want to play in perky's. that is if there is a perky's game...

um, gang wars sound fun, if only becuase "gang war" sounds like fun. just kidding. it sounds good, but i don't really konw how it would work. is it just like six wolves, two groups of three, acting independently. then we would need double teh gifteds, at least, and double the ordos (at least). sounds very convoluted, meaning very fun.

ps. if there are not enough slots in either perky's and/or the big kids game, i prolly need to sit out. actually i really do, but i prolly won't.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:48 PM   #250
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
yeah, but i really want to play in perky's. that is if there is a perky's game...
I really wantet to try "the real deal", but wantet even more to be in a game with Perky as the mod! So is there going to be a Perky game ?

WW gang war sounds like a cool idear and I am sure you will find a way to make it work Gil. I allso think that the rotation system sugestet by Glirdan sound good.

Old 10-30-2005, 02:38 PM   #251
Gil-Galad

actually Eonwe has something there... now you got me thinking of Guilds for the village... 'Hunter Guild' , 'Guardian Guild' all are secret of course, it would be able to bring in more people to play and also make it more interesting...
Old 10-30-2005, 02:52 PM   #252
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

hmmmm....i was wondering. is there any way to incorperate some more independent stratagies into werewolf? i like the sound of guild, gil-galad. it would be nice if you could make different alliances throughout the game, but i don't know how you could keep them private so the wolves wouldn't nip htem in the bud. i've always wished werewolf (or mafia, before i came to BD's) could be a little more than a bunch of ordo's randomly lynching peole. granted that's not what it is, but it seems like that sometimes, especialy when you're playing an oral game. forums make it allot more fun, but still i can't help feeling kind of helpless/random throughout.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:16 PM   #253
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Well, these ideas all sound fun, but they aren't really Werewolf in essence. The heart is just wolves versus villagers. Adding so much more just confuses the game, and in the end it is nowhere near the actual game. But, if people like the new things, try them anyway. It's whatever the players want.

Gil, putting so many wolves in the game wouldn't necessarily mean more people. You could just make all the villagers have a special role. For instance:

6 wolves (2 teams of 3)
3 rangers
3 hunters
2 seers

And maybe let the rangers PM so they can cordinate their protection. This would give the villagers more chance for staying alive, and the extra hunter(plus the other wolf team) ups the chance that the wolves will die each night.

The only problem we had with the multiple kills each night was that the village died so quickly. Granted, in WWIIX, the villagers did win, but it was because they got a wolf Day 1, and had the other two within 4 days. The other game with a Beorning had the bear dead on Day two. My point is that, with so many wolves, the double nightly killings are likely to last the whole game, and that's something the village will probably not survive.

Oh, and where is Perky? Have we decided to skip him?
Old 10-30-2005, 06:23 PM   #254
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
The other game with a Beorning had the bear dead on Day two.
I'll correct you on that there Gurthang. It was Day 3 or 4 by the time I got lynched. Or at least I think it was, you could be right.

As for your idea there. I like that. Why don't we have the Hunters and Seers contact each other as well, that way, they have more chance of pinning the Wolves instead of wasting a dream on each other. And the Hunters won't be able to pick the same person and then they'd know who's innocent as well.

Glad to see that some of you like my idea of rotating the games a bit. That way, in the gang WW and Mith's one day WW, we'd be able to have a lot of people involved and we should allow double lynches, but no mass lynches. And then if we have enought player's we could have all the roles in one game. We could have the Wolves, Ranger, Hunter, Seer, Cobbler, Bear, Beorning, Mytho, Guardian and any other I missed out, but I think we should reserve something like that for a once in a year annual event. Maybe starting sometime in Feburary because semster two begin for us around then and we won't be to busy with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays. So what do you guys think of that idea?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:41 PM   #255
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
I'll correct you on that there Gurthang. It was Day 3 or 4 by the time I got lynched.
Oh, yes... sorry. I didn't go back to check. I just remember it being pretty early in the game.

All this talk is exhausting me... what I really want to know is when the next game is starting!
Old 10-31-2005, 05:32 AM   #256
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
All this talk is exhausting me... what I really want to know is when the next game is starting!
Yub, yub commander. When is the next game scheduled?
And also I don't know if this is a good idea or not but I thought up another role since the villagers have been having a hard time.

Twin- The twin is the twin of any person (other than an ordinary) in the game. The twin knows what the other person is but the other person does not know who the twin is. The twin's sibling will be picked at random and every night the twin is informed of who the sibling has picked. (If the sibling is the Ranger then the Twin will be aware of who is being defended. If the sibling is the Seer then the Twin will be aware who the dream is of but NOT what the dreamed person is. With the Hunter and the Wolf you just get the name.)

Opinions?
Old 11-01-2005, 07:41 AM   #257
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Oh, and where is Perky? Have we decided to skip him?
I think this is just visioning for a game to come someday; I suppose Perky's game is the nxt to come.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #258
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Now, if you do start this Gil, we'll have to work out a schedule because I really like Mith's idea of having a one day WW game.
Hang on a minute... I wasn't proposing a onedayer for my game here... I was thinking of that for Christmas holidays when lengthy exposure to people I avoid the rest of the year will put murderous thoughts in my heart....

Old 11-01-2005, 04:11 PM   #259
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ah, but see, the problem with that is the Christmas holidays are a really busy time for me and I'd really like to play in it and I wouldn't be able to do that at Christmas time.

As for the next game, I think it's safe to say that we will not be having another WW game until at least December or January just because of the fact that a lot of people are taking breaks from the game. So, how about we say that the next game won't be for a few weeks, which give Perky (if he comes back by then) or Kitanna to plan for their games. You can still use this thread for disscussion about the gang WW game and Mith's one day idea. So, please continue with the disscussing.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:06 PM   #260
Gil-Galad

thats why i was thinking we could have extra villagers to deal with the double wolves...or we could have the wolf gangs kil levery other night
Old 11-01-2005, 09:04 PM   #261
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Hmmmm... That would make things a little easier though, would it not? Unless you mean one gang attacks on Night 2 and then the other on Night 3? Is that what you mean? Because if not, that means the Seer would have more of a chance of being able to pin all 6 Wolves which would make it slightly easier. Like I said Gil, give us all the information you have and we can all work it out together, or you can just ask some of us individually. I'm more than willing to help.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:25 PM   #262
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ok, well I've been doing some research. Now, before I give out the results to my research, here's a list of those participating in Spawn's game.

Wayne
Eonwe
Menel
tar
Wilwa
Kitanna
Kuru
lmp
Celuien
Lalaith
Firefoot
Bergil
Kath
Anguirel
and myself

and here's a list of people who won't be palying for a little while before, after and in this game

Boro
morm
Fea
Form
Alca
Cailin
Enca
SpM
Gurth(by the looks of things anyway)
Mith
TGWBS
Mister Underhill

and the following people have shown intrest in playing that game

Rune
Crombie

As you can see, a lot of people won't be joining and there's a list of people who already signed up. Now, because of that, I have a suggestion. We postpone starting a new game for a little while. Besides, there wouldn't be a whole lot of people palying the game anyway. So, I say we wait a little. Then I say we get Perky back in here so he can mod. If he doesn't, he will be moved back a place.= and Kitanna will take his place. If he does, then everything's fine and dandy. Now, I hear that in order for Gil to start his game, at Mith and Perky have to mod there's. Now here's a suggestion, not just for those who want to play in the WWJ games, but for everyone out there. We move Mith's game up for somtime before or shortly after Winter Holidays. Then, Gil can start his game, which hopefully everyone will be in. Me and him are working the little kinks out in the game. So, by then, most of it should be figured out.

Now I know that was really long, but it was all necessary. Anyway, give me your thoughts.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:57 PM   #263
Gil-Galad

one of those kinks is debating either to half the wolf-gang kill every other night or twice a night, if we go with twice a night that would involve more people so the villagers don't get over killed...
Old 11-02-2005, 08:13 AM   #264
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

If the wolves kill every second night (=take truns with each other gangs), the game may move on too slowly; it'd be very difficult to solve who are wolves; the first hints would probably pop up as late as on the third day, or even later. And also, if the gangs "take truns" isn't the other gang in a better position....?
Old 11-02-2005, 01:07 PM   #265
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I could only realistically do a one day game at the time I suggested. I do not know where I will be working after Christmas so if I don't get a chance to mod a normal game before then I may have to pull out.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:17 PM   #266
Gil-Galad

like i said thin, were still working out the kinks
Old 11-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #267
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Yes we are. As far as I know, that's the only serious kink that we need to worry about for the time being.

As for my suggestion on postponing the game, what are your thoughts? Do you still want to have a small game? If so, the mod will have to be either Perky or whoever is supposed to go after Kitanna (she can't mod because she's in Spawn's game and it was decided that the mod can't be in a game and modding at the same time).

Mith, as long as it isn't the weekend of the 23, I'm okay.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 AM   #268
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
like i said thin, were still working out the kinks
...and I'm helping you to do it
Old 11-06-2005, 02:15 PM   #269
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Hey, I'm back and willing to play, if we can get enough people together. Maybe we could do a game with, oh, 8 people and 2 wolves? I think we could get enough for that, at least.

But is Perky around to mod? And would he be willing to do a game that small?
Old 11-06-2005, 02:20 PM   #270
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Hey, I'm back and willing to play, if we can get enough people together. Maybe we could do a game with, oh, 8 people and 2 wolves? I think we could get enough for that, at least.

But is Perky around to mod? And would he be willing to do a game that small?
The only problem, in my mind at least, with a game that small is all the fun involved with having a seer is lost.
But it appears Perky is MIA. I would mod now, but that would mean I'd have to drop out of Spawn's game. But when that is over if Perky still hasn't appeared I will start the sign up for WWJ III.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:23 PM   #271
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

That's a good idea Kitanna. So, we wait. And as I said, I won't be playing any game until after the 26th. This is my last game for the next few weeks.
Old 11-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #272
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I'm hoping though the game can start and end before the week on Nov. 20 or else I may have some problems modding it.

EDIT: Thinking realistically the chances of me modding the next WWJ game before are very slim. Unless Spawn's game ends after four days. I'll just have to wait and see I suppose.

Last edited by Kitanna; 11-06-2005 at 06:53 PM.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #273
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

I'm good for a game up until Nov. 22nd, I believe. So, if you're thinking about starting a WW Junior soon, I can join in, as long as it ends before that Thanksgiving Week (Tuesday the actual day I believe).
Old 11-08-2005, 09:35 AM   #274
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I would like to join also.
(Just if I haven't made it clear enough before.)
Old 11-13-2005, 12:17 PM   #275
Plastic_Panda
Pile O'Bones

Plastic_Panda has just left Hobbiton.
if i can, i would also like to join.

You have my bow....And my Pants!
Old 11-13-2005, 12:19 PM   #276
Gil-Galad

sign me up too i guess...
Old 11-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #277
Kitanna
Child of the West

So looking at spawn's game, unless it ends today I won't be able to start the new WWJ game until Nov. 27. So if someone wants to go ahead and I'll mod the one after that or if people just want to wait...
Old 11-13-2005, 12:20 PM   #278
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I'd join but I'll be busy with the MEFWC for a while and anyway I don't think theres a mod at the moment.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:08 AM   #279
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

So there's no one to mod the game? I thought there were huge queues for modding the games. I'm sure that there's someone who wants and has time to mod a WWJ game.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:15 AM   #280
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Arr! Fine...

I'll mod the game then...
But I'll need a back up mod to do all the posting for me because of time-zones. I'll write out all the kills and lynchings because I'm awesome!
Closed Thread