The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2006, 11:11 AM   #121
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
*Panakeia's face turns red*
Simon clearly has no ear for music.

Come on judges, you know talent when you see it! I'm going to be a star and I know it.

(PS Thanks, Ang.)
Old 04-29-2006, 09:04 AM   #122
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Panakeia (Celuien)
You're right! Sleepy has no ear for good music! That was spectacular! Even though it was rather boring and that song isn't one of favorites, you rocked it!! It's a yes girl!
Old 04-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #123
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Celuien
I don't care what Sleepy says, I think you were great! I really enjoyed that performance hun'! I'm a yes for sure. Welcome to the semi-finals!

Last edited by wilwarin538; 04-30-2006 at 08:30 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:46 AM   #124
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Alright, since we have 13 girls and 11 guys I decided that we should stick to random groups. The main reason for this is because I'm too lazy to change the groups now that they're made. I wish the contestants luck!

Remember the Semi-Finals begin on the first of May and continue till the fifth of May after which the voting rules will be posted. I'll let Vala expand on this.

Group 1

Diamond18
Lote22
The Only Real Estel
Mithalwen
Morai
Gurthang
Kath
Nogrod
Nilpaurion Felagund AKA William
Alc - I mean Steve
Hookbill the Goomba
Orominuialwen

Group 2

The Saucepan Man
Folwren
THE Ka
Celuien
Legolas in Spandex
Anguirel
Boromir88
Lhunardwen
Caranlondien
JennyHallu
Elu Ancalime
Littlemanpoet

Good luck contestants!

EDIT: The groups are in no particular order, you may sing whenever between the 30th of April (Though its 1st May for me) and 5th of May.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 04-30-2006 at 03:44 PM.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 03:26 PM   #125
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Till Seacrest gets back from break...

I believe I shall announce the official beginning of the semi-finals (a bit early but yeah...)

Here are the rules (subject to a bit of tinkering but not till the end of this round);

---
With 24 contestants lined up inside of the Hall of Fire, the real competition was about to begin. Wisely, none of them had asked the elves if they were on key during any of the several hours of practice allowed to them because this would have only resulted in a resounding no-yes, which has notoriously wasted lots of people's time.

RULES:

-The remaining 24 will be divided into two groups of 12 at random. The lowest 2 vote recievers from each group will be eliminated at the end of every round.

- Viewers (or other Barrowdowns members) are now the deciding force in who advances and who does not. This phase will continue until 12 contestants remain, they will be your finalists.

- The voting will be confidential, and a link will be provided, However, as in immortal idol, voting blindly is discouraged. The link will not be posted until the end of each preformance-round.

- At this stage the competition is open themed and contestants may sing anything they wish to.

- Contestants are allowed to vote but are requested not to vote for themselves.

Good luck contestants! Round 1 of the Semi-Finals has begun!

EDIT: Note to judges, post everyones judgement after all performances are over.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 04-30-2006 at 04:08 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:44 PM   #126
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Greetings again, I hope that I might not be too much of a bother, but time allows me but short pleasure today and I must be swift!

This song I'm about to sing is about a couple of adult people, that have spent, oh, quite a long time together, until one of their fates get restless and they eventually have to leave. Whither it's a dragon or orcs is unimportant, it's a man's journey. It's a lovely marriage of words and music written by Stephen Sondheim, that I've adapted for Turin, a man who really needed a break, but fate wouldn't budge. I hope you enjoy.

Isn't it rich, are we a pair?
Me here at last above the ground,
You under the soil.
Send in the Orcs.

Isn't it bliss, don't you approve?
One who keeps tearing around,
One who can't move.
Where are the Orcs?
Send in the Orcs.

Just when I'd stopped opening doors,
Finally knowing the one that I wanted was yours.
Making my entrance again with my usual flair,
Sure of my sword,
No one is there.

Don't you love tragedy?
My fault I fear,
I thought that you'd want what I want,
Sorry my dear,
But where are the Orcs?
Send in the Orcs,
Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer?
Losing my life this late in my career,
But where are the Orcs?
there ought to be Orcs,
Well, maybe next year…

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen.
Takes a customary bow for Sinatra and quiety walks off stage...
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #127
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
1420! Oh no. Why? Why? Does this have to happen?

*Reluctantly, Hookbill is cast onto the stage by a roadie. He stands up and clears his throat. He ducks just in time as a glass bottle flies over his head and smashes on the wall behind him*

Hello... Yes... Its me again... *some grumbling from the audience*. I'm going to sing a little song that you may well know. Its a song by the Great Dwarf minstrel "Pínk Flóyd" and it's called "Money"... Thank you. *Another glass bottle fly's past Hookbill's head*.

Money! Get away.
Get a good axe with good grip and you're okay.
Money, it's a gas.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
New helm, caviar, four star daydream,
Think I'll buy me a Mining team.

Money, get back.
I'm all right Jáck keep your hands off of my stack.
Money, it's a hit.
Don't give me that do goody good elf pit.
I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set
And I think I need a Hobbit.

Money, it's a crime.
Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.
Money, so they say
Is the root of all evil today. (Whispers: Apart from Melko)
But if you ask for a raise its no surprise that they're
Giving none away.

Away...

Away!!!

*"Wish you'd go away!" shouts someone from the crowd before a breeze block hits Hookbill in the face... He is then dragged off*
Old 04-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #128
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Random News Broadcast

Sleepy Cowell's Thoughts On The Semi-Finalists

Diamond18
I didn't like her performance, she started weak and ended weak. She can sing but it will take a lot of hard work from her to actually make it anywhere from here.
---

Lote22
I'm not sure why shes here, I definately didn't let her in. She thinks she is good but no, I don't like her at all. Her audition was one of the worst I've seen.
---

The Only Real Estel
Our token rocker, I believe he may be rather limited due to his genre of choice. However lets see what he can do.
---

Mithalwen
She has got potential, definately. She has a soft and pleasent voice, however if she makes an album out of that the only thing it'll be good for is curing insomnia.
---

Morai
Shes an average singer but has good delivery. If she can stick to her basics, and improve on what she knows I think she'll do alright.
---

Gurthang
He can pick good songs and he can sing them well. I trust in his skill and shall say that he will be one of our finalists.
---

Kath
She has a good voice but in the audition she just lost it in the middle. She missed a note and her entire performance fell apart. The key to being a good performer is improvisation.
---

Nogrod
He has no personality at all. This is not just about the singing, it is also about showing the right attitude and radiating the right feeling. He has no charisma, people won't remember him no matter how good he sings.
---

Nilpaurion Felagund AKA William
William, I believe, brings a whole new flavor to the competition. He knows what songs suit his voice and he exploits his talents to the fullest. Knowing what you can do is definately a bonus.
---

Alc - I mean Steve
Alcarillo, I believe, is a good singer though when he gets over-confident he tends to sing out of tune. If he can keep his emotions in check he'll go a long way.
---

Hookbill the Goomba
I like him, he can sing well and definately shows promise. He has a few problems with confidence and when he first sang I could tell he needed help. Hopefully he took my advice because I can really see him going far.
---

Orominuialwen
She shows promise and has some talent, with some work she could be on her way to fame. Lets see how she does here, on the big stage.
---

The Saucepan Man
Ah, Saucepan Man! A talented singer no doubt but he has no fashion sense at all. I mean who wears pans to... to... well anywhere! I think hes just trying to be gimmicky to get the kiddie vote.
---

Folwren
Best female vocalist in this competition, as simple as that. She has amazing talent and an amazing range, she has a bright future ahead of her and I wouldn't be surprised if she went on to win this.
---

THE Ka
She has plenty of potential and talent but I don't think she looks like the kind that would take a risk. And we all know if you're not willing to take a chance, and just keep giving safe performances the crowd will get bored.
---

Celuien
Shes in the wrong contest, karaoke queen is next door.
---

Legolas in Spandex
I'm not sure why she is where she is. She has a terrible voice and really has no clue what shes doing. It was very poor judging that let her in.
---

Anguirel
He can definately sing, good voice, good presentation. He had all his bases covered, however does he have consistency? If he does then I believe we may just have found our winner.
---

Boromir88
He has a very good voice and in his comfort zone he can flourish. He can hit the notes others can only imagine, if he can show this kind of performance in a broader range then he has it made.
---

Lhunardwen
She has talent and I admire her courage, she took a risk and managed to keep her head surfaced. I would really like to see her sing something easier this time round. I'm confident she may cause some damage.
---

Caranlondien
She is good but she showed a lot of nervousness and you began to song terribly. The beginning was pathetic and I didn't like it at all.
---

JennyHallu
She has some talent, its kind of latent and her voice is kind of shak and theres plenty of pitch problems. I can't see her going too far in this competition.
---

Elu Ancalime
He has a bland and monotonous voice, I'd rather listen to a hen than him. It really was that boring, I'm not sure why I gave him a yes in the auditions, I don't think he deserves to be here.
---

Littlemanpoet
His voice shows great maturity and he brings in talent and experience with age. I believe he has a good chance of making it far. I really enjoyed his audition, it definately helped change the pace of things.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:03 PM   #129
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

As for Boromir88's next performance...I will be singing Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire." Tis a country song and I will be singing it like Denethor, as legend has it these are the last words he ever said...

Despair is a burning sting
and it makes a firery ring
bound by hopeless desire
I fell in to a ring of fire...

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went on, on, on
the wooden pyre.
And it burns,burns,burns
the ring of fire
on the wooden pyre.

The taste of loss is bitter
and you feel like a quitter
I loved you as my son
but the fire burns like the sun

I fell in to a burning ring of fire
I went on, on, on
the wooden pyre.
And it burns,burns,burns
the ring of fire
on the wooden pyre.

The ring of fire
on the wooden pyre.
The ring of fire
on the wooden pyre.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #130
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
For my next performance I will be singing a Johnny Cash song (Boromir stole! ). It is called Hurt and is being sung by Denethor to Faramir, but about Boromir. Trust me, it'll all make sense . . . I hope.

I hurt myself today
to see if I still feel.
I focus on the pain
the only thing that's real.
The sword blade tears a hole,
the old familiar sting.
Try to kill it all away
but I remember everything

What have I become,
my second son?
Everyone I know
goes away in the end.
And you could have it all,
my empire of dirt,
I will let you down,
I will make you hurt.

I wear this crown of thorns
upon my liar's chair.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair.
Beneath the stains of time
the feelings disappear,
you are someone else
I am still right here.

What have I become,
my second son?
Everyone I know
goes away in the end.
And you could have it all,
my empire of dirt,
I will let you down,
I will make you hurt.

If I could start again
a million miles away,
I would keep myself
I would find a way.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #131
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
See, Sleepy Cowell? Told you I'd make it. Karaoke queen, bah!

For my (Panakeia's) next, performance, I will be singing Tammy Wynette's Talkin to Myself Again in the voice of Gollum. Or Smeagol. You get the point. Continuing the general theme, it's another country song.

Good morning, Gollum.
Can we get usss some fish to eat?
Did we sleep well?
We needs to find our preciouss.
We needs it, my preciousss.
We wantsss the preciousss.

Talkin to myself again
Since we losst it, that's how it's been.
Goin crazy playin just pretend
That everything is still ok.
Talkin to myself again
Without my preciouss I am at loose ends.
If we’re not careful they will have to send somebody to lock uss away.

Good night Smeagol.
The Yellow Face is goin’ away.
Aren’t we lucky to have found the Bagginsss today?
Must have the preciousss now, my love.
Must have the preciousss.

Talkin to myself again
Since we losst it, that's how it's been.
Goin crazy playin just pretend
That everything is still ok.
Talkin to myself again
Without my preciouss I am at loose ends.
If we’re not careful they will have to send somebody to lock uss away.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #132
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
"Hurt" is a Nine Inch Nails song. (I know Johnny covered it, but NIN does it better, so there. )

Diamond is still trying to figure out what to sing. I'll figure something out before the 5th, promise.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #133
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Title #614

*Walks on stage, in gold feminine boots, courtesy of Old Forrest Clothing Inc.* I'm back! And my second selection is derived from the old musical 'Nas Morgul, titled "And When You're good to Shelob" It's the serendade that bad ol' spider sings to orks when they stop by her dwelling.
[SPIDER]
Ask any of the orkies near my cave
They'll tell you I'm the greatest evil gal
I love 'em all and all of them love me
Because the system works
The system called appeasement-ty!!...

Got a little motto
Always sees me through
When you're good to Shelob--
Shelob's good to you.

There's a lot of favors
I'm prepared to do
You do one for Shelob—
She'll do one for you.

They say that food is give for that
And that's the way I feed
So, I deserve a lot of meat
For what I've got to kill
Don't you know that this leg
Sticks to that one too
When you're good to Shelob--
Shelob's good to you!

If you want my service
Pepper my halflings
Spice them up for Mama
She'll get hot for you

When they pass that city
Wraiths contribute too
You put in for Sauron
He won’t put out for you

The eye atop the tower
Is the one the world abhor
So bring me my meat victim, Ork
And I'll send it up yours

Let's all feed together
Like the Mordor crew
When you're feedin' Shelob
Shelob's feedin' you

So what's the one conclusion
I can bring this number to?
When you're good to Shelob
Shelob's good to you!
Old 05-02-2006, 12:45 AM   #134
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
And now, ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to perform one of the better known hits of the Brethil Beatles. Backing on the keyboard, voice solemn but reaching high countertenor notes in the refrain. I give you Princess Finduilas.

Ah, look at all the hidden people

Princess Finduilas, slips on the ash
in the street where a Dragon has been
Lives in a dream
Waits at the crossroads, wearing the face
that she keeps no longer for Gwindor
Who is it for

All the hidden people
Why did they all come out?
All the hidden people
Why did they reason flout?

Agarwaen Mormegil, laying stones
of a new bridge that no one will stop
No one can top
Look at him working, chiselling the rocks
in the night when there's nobody there
What does he care

All the hidden people
All the hidden people

Princess Finduilas, died by the road
and was buried bereft of her fame
Nobody came
Turin Turambar, wiping the tears
from his eyes as he walks from the grave
No one was saved

All the hidden people
All the hidden people
Old 05-02-2006, 02:36 AM   #135
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
"Hurt" is a Nine Inch Nails song. (I know Johnny covered it, but NIN does it better, so there. )
It might have been theirs originally, but Johnny Cash's version was beautiful and fits better, so there
Old 05-02-2006, 07:01 AM   #136
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Boots

Hey, I made it through to the next round. Cool!

First, if I might be allowed to address the judge's comments on my audition ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwa Abdul
Oh and Sleepy is wrong, your pans are great, probably will be the new in thing.
I think that you may be right. It is, I believe what sets me apart from the rest. And I would certainly rather take fashion advice from you than from a man who pulls his trousers up to his chest ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Cowell
If you want to be taken seriously as a competitor then those pans have got to go, their clanking detracts from your singing.
Hey - that's my act! Had you been paying attention, you might have noticed that the pans were clanking in time to the music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdy Jackson
Let me say this though, if you make it through, please show us the range that you can sing in.
Well, I'm hoping that the song that I have chosen for this performance will demonstrate to you my range. It too is from the Sergeant Bifur's Lonely Mountain Club Band back catalogue, and I have chosen it to mark the sixth birthday of the Barrow-Downs.

Ahem!

On Barrow Downs there is a Member reading highlights
Of every thread he's had the pleasure to have known.
And all the spirits that come and go
Stop and say hello.

In the Forum there’s a Newbie with a question,
Of Bombadil and Beorn and Tolkien’s words.
But the Newbie never does a search,
He talks of Balrog’s wings, of all the things!

The Barrow Downs is on my screen and in my head.
There beneath the black and greenish threads
I type, and meanwhile back

In the Books there is a scholar with a theory
On Rings and Elven immortality.
He likes to talk of Eucatastrophe,
And Norse mythology.

*Gondorian regal trumpet solo*

Just post your thoughts on what you’ve read
of Arda, meanwhile back

Upon the Downs among the Middle-Earth Mirthies
The Disco King is dancing every night and day
And tho' Boromir’s in his grave,
We all do the wave.

On the Downs the scholar quotes another Letter.
We see the Newbie now happily settled in.
Then a fangirl rushes in
From an Orli site, what a fright!

There within the black and greenish threads
I type, and meanwhile back

There within the black and greenish threads

Barrow Downs.

*Sauce bows with much clanking and clattering*
Old 05-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #137
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
'Tis Folwren once again. I hope I do not disappoint people. . .I see I have a lot to live up to, thanks to Sleepy.

This song that I'm about to preform was originally written and sung by a certain Josh Groban, the title of which is 'Remember When it Rained'. I am singing it, however, as a female singer, and to be sung as Luthien somewhere between Beren's death and hers.

Remember That Day

Hear the echoes in my mind
Your voice is still within my heart
I will follow far and wide
And fine you waiting there again

Oh - I’m remembering that day
Felt the ground and looked up high and called your name
Oh - I’m remembering that day
In the darkness I remain

Tears of hope run down my skin
Tears for you that will not dry
They magnify the one within
And let the outside slowly die

Oh - remember how we ran
Clean and free beneath the stars arching the sky
Oh - I will someday find the way
And to you I soon will fly

Wait for me. . .wait for me. . .
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 07:47 PM   #138
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
Hi, I'm Elu Ancalime and it looks like I'm back.

This is a shortened version of "Into the West," originally preformed by Annie Lennox as part of the Return of the King soundtrack (the credits). I will 'sing' in the voice of an unkown elf, perhaps an assistant to Cirdan who has seen so many pass West.

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You?ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

[Chorus]
What can you see
On the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea
A pale moon rises
The ships have come to carry you home

And all will turn
To silver glass
A light on the water
All souls pass

Hope fades
Into the world of night
Through shadows falling
Out of memory and time
Don't say: ?We have come now to the end?
White shores are calling
You and I will meet again

And you'll be here in my arms
Just sleeping

[Chorus]

And all will turn
To silver glass
A light on the water
Grey ships pass
Into the West

________
WEED MAPS

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:47 PM   #139
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well this is Mithalwen back with a slight change of style and "Was it worth it?" by PSB and I will be singing as Arwen, disco diva , before she got bitter and twisted...

Well I don’t know why I was dreaming about you
But I do know that I was walking without you
Then you spoke, and I was lost
You fall in love, why count the cost?

All I gave to you
All you had to do
I react when I hear people ask

Was it worth it?
Yes it’s worth dying for
Was it worth it?
Yes it’s worth giving more

If I’d had my way this would have happened much sooner
But until that day it was only a rumour
All at once you changed my life
And led me in to paradise

Where I had to do
What I wanted to

Was it worth it?
Yes it’s worth dying for
Was it worth it?

I reserve the right to give
My elven life away, and I don’t give
A damn when I hear people say
I’ll pay the price that mortals pay

’cause it’s worth it
Yes it’s worth dying for
’cause it’s worth it
Yes it’s worth crying for

All I gave to you
All you had to do

Was it worth it?
Yes it’s worth dying for for
Was it worth it?

And I reserve (what? )
The right to give (where? )
My elven life away (how? )
I couldn’t give
A damn when I (what? )
Hear people say (who? )
I’ll pay the price
That mortals pay

’cause it’s worth it
Yes it’s worth dying for
’cause it’s worth it
And it’s worth it

I don’t know why
I never thought I’d fall in love
I don’t know why
I don’t know why
I never thought I’d fall in love
I don’t know why
I don’t know why

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 05-03-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:19 PM   #140
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots *William comes in wearing a black cloak*

My song will be Invisible, originally sung by American Idol Season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken. I will sing it with a shrieky Nazgûl-like voice.
If I was invisible
Then I could just steal the Ring from you
If I was invisible
I'll stab your heart tonight
If wraiths weren't scared of fire
Then I would just kill that stinky Man
I would be the strongest Man
If I was invisible
Wait, I already am.
(Shrieks, croaks, and flapping wings were heard approaching Hall of Fire.)

Ringwraith! *gulp* I'm outta here!
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:46 PM   #141
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
*Grabs Nilp on his way out* What a preformance! Ahh...haha...ha.. *points sternly toward a door which leads to where the other contestants are being held and shrieks.*

With the second stage of the contest well underway the judges were starting to feel a little less frisky compared to what they had been at the end of the prelims, and the same was true for the contestants... if only they kne- er, nevermind.

On a personal note, I'm thankful Sleepy Cowell did not advance to the next round.
How about a commercial?
Old 05-03-2006, 08:25 PM   #142
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Vala, may I sing first?

Hi, I'm Lhuna, and this time I'll be singing Tina Arena's Burn - in a powerful, melodramatic Finduilas voice.

This is for you, my Denethor (whoever you are).

Do you wanna be a poet and write
Do you wanna be an actor up in lights
Do you wanna be a soldier and fight for love

Do you wanna travel the world
Do you wanna be a diver for pearls
Or climb Amon Din and touch its torch above

Be anyone you want to be
Bring to life your fantasies
But I want something in return

I want you to burn, burn for me baby
Like a candle in my night
Oh burn
Burn for me
Burn for me

Are you gonna be a gambler and deal
Are you gonna be a healer and heal
Or go to Meneltarma and touch Manwë's face

Are you gonna be a dreamer who sleeps
Are you gonna be a sinner who weeps
Or a Maia under grace

I'll lay down on your bed of coals
Offer up my heart and soul
But in return

I want you to burn
Burn for me baby
Like a candle in my night
Oh burn burn for me burn for me...
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 04:43 AM   #143
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Just a fair reminder, tomorrow (5th May) is the last day to post your entry. If you need an extension or help with anything feel free to get in touch with any of the four of us. (Valesse, Glirda, Wilwarin538 and Sleepy Ranger)

The following people are yet to perform-

Group 1

Diamond18
Lote22
The Only Real Estel
Gurthang
Nogrod
Alc - I mean Steve
Orominuialwen

Group 2

Legolas in Spandex
Caranlondien
JennyHallu
Littlemanpoet
Old 05-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #144
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

*Waves to the crowd*
Hey all! It's Estel again and today I'll be singing Here Without You by Three Doors Down, in the voice of Aragorn.

A hundred days have made me older
Since the last time that I saw your pretty face
A thousand trials have made me colder
And I don't think I can look at this the same
But all the miles that separate
Disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face

I'm here without you baby
But you're still on my lonely mind
I think about you baby
And I dream about you all the time
But you're still with me in my dreams
And tonight it's only you and me

The miles just keep rollin'
As I make my way through sleet & snow
I've heard that being an heir is overrated
But I hope that it gets better as we go

I think about you baby
And tonight girl its only you and me

Everything I know, and anywhere I go
It gets hard but it wont take away my love
And when the last one falls
When it's all said and done
It gets hard but it wont take away my love

I think about you baby
And tonight girl its only you and me
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:10 AM   #145
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
Hi, me again. I am still a bit bitter over my reception in the first round *glares at Cowell* Shaky voice indeed! Anyway, I would like to sing a version of Billy Joel's "Always a Woman", in the voice of Frodo Baggins.

He may throttle my neck, he may claw at my eyes
He will ruin my day with his tricks and his lies
And he acts as a guide only reluctantly
He looks like a frog, but he’s always a Hobbit to me

He can lead us through marsh, he will snuffle and thieve
He may say he says truth (Sam will never believe)
He’ll take the Ring from me so I can be free
Yeah he cackles and grins but he’s always a Hobbit to me

Oh he takes care of Precious
He can wait if he wants
He will get it in time
Oh and he almost repents
But he never quite does
He just changes his mind

He may promise us safety and paths up the Stairs
And then cunningly lead us to Shelob’s dark lairs
But he’ll bring out the best in my Samwise Gamgee
So I don’t blame myself, ’cause he’s always a Hobbit to me

(Mmm)

Oh he takes care of Precious
He can wait if he wants
He will get it in time
Oh and he almost repents
But he never quite does
He just changes his mind

He is not often kind, and he’s frequently cruel
And to come back to Mordor may prove him a fool
But I can’t even blame him for following me
In the end he will do
What I choose not to do
And he’s always a Hobbit to me
Old 05-04-2006, 11:41 AM   #146
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
Caranlondien here again. This time I'll be singing "Many Funerals" by Eisley. It is sung in the voice of a young Teler in the aftermath of the Kinslaying.

Bring along your tricks and trade,
We will lie here, here we lay.
And though this ship is out to sea,
I'm content to lie peacefully.

Tall and agile, Seaside born
My parents death did I dear mourn,
And brought about by ladies proud
To raise my cupped and furrowed brow

And now we have no chances
We fill the empty caskets
and leave you with your tears
And now we take more chances
We all will take more chances
Before our lives end too

How could you have left us here?
You had friends
You had us
Good-bye
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:18 PM   #147
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

White Tree

Hello again. For my second song, I will be singing "Someday You Will Be Loved" by Death Cab For Cutie. It is in the spirit of Aragorn singing to Eowyn, but NOT by any stretch of the imagination do the vocals resemble Viggo Mortensen's.

I once knew an Elf
In the years of my youth
With eyes like the summer
All beauty and truth
She still owns my heart
Though we are far apart
Someday you will be loved

My lady I cannot pretend, or lead you along
To forsake my true love would surely be wrong
But your broken heart will eventually mend
As the blood runs red down the needle and thread

You'll be loved you'll be loved
Like you never have known
The memories of me
Will seem more like bad dreams
Just a series of blurs
Like I never occurred

You may feel alone when you're falling asleep
And every time tears roll down your cheeks
But I know your heart belongs to someone you've yet to meet

You'll be loved you'll be loved
Like you never have known
The memories of me
Will seem more like bad dreams
Just a series of blurs
Like I never occurred
Old 05-04-2006, 06:15 PM   #148
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Hello. It's good to see everyone again; glad I made it through. As you know, I am Gurthang, and I've got a very special number for you all tonight. It's a tune I first heard from a small-time band I know of from the Shire. I'll be singing in the voices of Pippin, Merry, Frodo, and Sam (yes, all at once). I've seen them perform together often at The Green Dragon, and since that is their favorite spot to sing, they have affectionately earned the name The Bywater Boys. In particualer, I'll be doing one of their most popular tunes, "Hobbiton Girl". (Think "California Girl" by The Beach Boys) So I hope you enjoy it.

Well, North Farthing girls
Are hip
I really dig those
Styles they wear.
And Michel Delving girls
With the way they talk,
They knock me out
When I'm down there.
East Farthing farmer's daughters
Really make you feel alright
And South Farthing girls
With the way they cook,
They keep their boyfriends
Warm at night.

I wish they all could be Hobbiton girls
Wish they all could be Hobbiton

The West Farthing
Has the sunshine
And the girls all
Get so tanned.
I dig a food-filled picnic
Underneath of the shade
Of the party tree in the sand.
I've been all around this
Homey Shire-land
And I've seen all kind of girls,
Yeah, but I couldn't wait
To get back back to my home.
Back to the cutest girls
In the world.

Old 05-05-2006, 09:36 AM   #149
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

These are the people who haven't performed yet.

Group 1

Lote22
Nogrod
Alc - I mean Steve
Orominuialwen

Group 2

Legolas in Spandex
Littlemanpoet

Today (5th May) is your last day to perform, however you may ask for an extension if you really, really need it but we request that you get your songs up by today.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #150
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Note

At the request of Nogrod the deadline has been extended to the 6th. So everyone who hasn't performed till yet, please try your best to be done by tomorrow because we shan't allow any more extensions for this round. (Maybe if its something very serious and you ask real nice... )
Old 05-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #151
Lote22
Animated Skeleton

Lote22 has just left Hobbiton.
Hi I’m Lote! This is my Song!!!!! This is sung by Faramir to Denethor when Denethor tries to kill him and ends up biting the dust instead. (its based on the Queen song)

Denethor walks warily down the street,
With the hood pulled way down low
Ain’t no sound but the sound of his feet,
Flaming fire ready to go
Are you ready, are you ready for this
Are you hanging on the edge of your canoe
Out of the doorway flaming Denethor leaps
To the sound of the beat

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I’m gonna get you too

Are you happy, are you satisfied
How long can you stand the heat
Out of the doorway flaming Denethor leaps
To the sound of the beat

There are plenty of ways you can hurt a man
And bring him to the ground
You can beat him
You can cheat him
You can treat him bad and leave him
When he’s down
But I’m ready, yes I’m ready for you
I’m standing on my own two feet
Out of the doorway flaming Denthor leaps
Repeating the sound of the beat
Old 05-05-2006, 06:19 PM   #152
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well, sorry guys, I know I'm late. But just had a few wereducks to beat - and lost... But that has not harmed my spirits!

This is just a small song, known to everyone I guess - from LotR (Chapt.1, "The Long expected Party"). We did this as young schoolboys down there the line a couple of times. We used to believe in "the real music" then, and I still do believe in it today. That's why this song now.

I have my guitar here with me. You allow me to play with it?

If not, I'm telling you, how this will go. I'll sing it into the tune of PJ's movie, but the song will develop as it goes on.

The first stanza goes with this familiarly mellow basic country-style of a man and a guitar (Donovan etc.): warm, picked guitar and the nasal-voice.

On the second stanza, the guitar will continue the same, but the singing gets gradually a bit more thorned - and in the end, reaching some "iron-irony" (you just get this the best way you can).

On the third stanza, the guitar will be getting really rough, taking in even some kind of punk-rock elements: the singing follows the arrangement, being somewhat aggressive and even rash (that's the intended effect, not a fault in singing!).

At the last stanza, the guitar will settle down to some "outlaw-country" -style of picking - and the singing will get a bit toned down: rough but gentle at the same time.

The tour goes ever on and on,
We’re just a rovin’, rockin’ band.
So far to go, before it’s done:
Until we’d reach the Western land.

We could go for it with the easy beat,
Join in the mainstream shallow ways.
While reaching that could be so neat,
Whether then? You cannot say.

But our fight goes ever on and on,
Never get away from where it began!
So far goes the scum, other people have done,
We won’t go for the sham, if we can.

So right now take hold of your seat,
And forget about your usual diet.
It’s a real Band now, that you will meet:
What for? You’ll see the light!

Surely, if my guitar is not allowed here, you should just see the notes that concern the vocals.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 08:18 PM   #153
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
*cough* Steve here, and I'll be singing Fields of Gold, by that famous bard Sting. I'll be singing in a somewhat sad Beren-like voice.

You'll remember me when the west wind moves
Upon the fields of barley
You'll forget the sun in his jealous sky
As we walk in fields of gold
So she took her love for to gaze awhile
In his arms she fell as her hair came down
Among the fields of gold

Will you stay with me, will you be my love
Among the fields of barley?
We'll forget the sun in his jealous sky
As we lie in fields of gold
See the west wind move like a lover so
Feel her body rise when you kiss her mouth
Among the fields of gold

I never made promises lightly
And there have been some that I've broken
But I swear in the days still left
We'll walk in fields of gold
We'll walk in fields of gold

Many years have passed since those summer days
Among the fields of barley
See the children run as the sun goes down
Among the fields of gold
You'll remember me when the west wind moves
You can tell the sun in his jealous sky
When we walked in fields of gold
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 09:21 PM   #154
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
We have an announcement on behalf of LMP....

.... this song is dedicated to all lovers of early 1970s Genesis; please take it in the spirit in which it was meant ... and then go listen to the song for yourself; make sure to set aside a good half hour....

A figure walks onto the stage wearing a grey cloak, his hands behind his back.

"Hi, I'm LMP and I'm feeling really, really ambitious. I shall be performing "Supper's Ready" by Genesis."

The figure pulls from behind his back a staff, raises it high in both hands, and strikes the floor. The lights go out and all is dark. Music begins, and a firelit hall is revealed.

I. Lover's Leap

Frodo to Bilboin a tender Peter Gabriel voice

Walking across the Fire-hall, I hear an Elf sing a quiet song.
Sitting beside you, I look into your eyes.
As the sound of lute and harp fade in the night time,
I swear I see your face change, it doesn't seem quite right.
...And it's hello Bilbo with your Ringwielder eyes so haunted
Hey old Bilbo don't you know our hearts are true.

Aragorn to Arwenin a lover's tones

Coming closer with our dooms, a distance falls around our bodies.
Out in the garden, the moon seems very bright,
Six silvery shrouded Elves move across the lawn slowly.
The seventh walks in front with a ring shining on his hand.
...And it's hey babe your supper's waiting for you.
Hey my baby, don't you know our love is true.

Aragorn continuesin a voice filled with pain

I've been so far from here,
Far from your warm arms.
It's good to feel you again,
It's been a long long time. Hasn't it?

II. The Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary SaruMan

Sarumansinisterly

I know a farmer who looks after the farm.
With water clear, he cares for his harvest.
I know a fireman who looks after the fire...

Gandalf at the Council of Elrondernestly

You! Can't you see he's fooled you all!
Yes, he's traitorous, can't you see he's fooled you all.
Dare his peace,
Sign the lease.
He's a wheels and gears scientist,
He's the guaranteed eternal Orthanc man.
Look, look into my mouth he cries,
And all the children lost down many paths,
I bet my life you'll walk inside
Hand in hand,
gland in gland
With a spoonful of miracle,
He's the guaranteed eternal Orthanc man.

Orcs singing a lullaby in the voices of children, petting and fondling venomous snakes

We will rock you, rock you little snake,
We will keep you snug and warm.

III. Ikhnaton And Itsacon And Their Band Of Merry Men

The Bride of Khazaddúm

Wearing feelings on our faces while our faces took a rest,
We crossed beneath the mountain to see the children of the West,
But we saw a host of dark skinned orcs
standing still below the ground,
Waiting for battle.

The fight's begun, they've been released.
The Balrog comes in a killing mood ..... doom, doom, doom! Doom, doom, doom!
There's Gandalf on the bridge poised without motion,
and I cannot contain my emotion.
And even though I'm feeling doomed,
Something tells me I'd better get well clear of Moria!

The Orcs

Today's a day to celebrate, the foe has met his fate.
The order for rejoicing and dancing has come from our Ringlord.

IV. How Dare I Be So Beautiful?

The Fellowship Grieving

Wandering by the Mirror Mere, the battle is over,
We climb down the mountain,
To a plateau of green grass, and green trees full of life.
An old figure sits still by a pool,
He's been stamped "Hobbit Gollum" by some Ringlord tool.
(He is you)
Sauron's Security took care of this lad.
We watch in reverence, as Narcissus is turned to a flower.
A flower?

The stage goes dark. A foxtrot begins and the sun rises to reveal the Shire, ruffians pushing hobbits about.

V. Cotton's Farm

If you go down to Cotton's Farm,
to look for butterflies, flutterbyes, gutterflies
Open your eyes, it's full of surprise, everyone lies,
like the fox on the rocks,
and the musical box.
Oh, there's Mum & Dad, and good and bad,
and everyone's happy to be here.

There's Old Man Gaffer dressed in drag,
he used to be a Shire wag, plastic bag, what a drag.
The frog was a prince, the prince was a brick, the brick was an egg,
the egg was a bird.

a hobbit lass flees from ruffians

(Fly away you sweet little thing, they're hard on your tail)
Hadn't you heard?
(They're going to change you into a human being!)
Yes, we're happy as fish and gorgeous as geese,
and wonderfully clean in the morning.

We've got everything, we're growing everything,
We've got some in
We've got some out
We've got some wild things floating about
Everyone, we're changing everyone,
you name them all,
We've had them here,
And the real stars are still to appear.

Everybody stops as a voice rings out like a conductor at a train station

ALL CHANGE!

Sharky appears and speaks his spell of words to the hobbits

Feel your body melt;
Mum to mud to mad to dad
Dad diddley off this, Dad diddley off this,
You're all full of ball.

Dad to dam to dum to mum
Mum diddley washing, Mum diddley washing,
You're all full of ball.

Lobelia yells at Sharky

Don't tell me your lies! We're living this up to the eyes!

ruffians mock

Ooee-ooee-ooee-oowaa

Ted Sandyman

Momma I want you now!

Saruman

And as you listen to my voice
To look for hidden doors, tidy floors, more applause.
You've been here all the time,
Like it or not, like what you got,
You're under the soil (the soil, the soil),
Yes, deep in the soil (the soil, the soil, the soil, the soil!).
So we'll end with a whistle whistle sounds and end with a bang BANG
and all of us fit in our places.

VI. Apocalypse In 9/8 (Co-Starring the delicious talents of Gabble Ratchet)

Intense keyboard and drums in 9/8 time, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9, repeated again and again throughout while singer builds to fortississimo

Darkness; the red light - - Mordor; Frodo and Sam struggling across the plain of Gorgoroth, Gollum sneaking behind, crater fires all around

With the guards of Mordor, swarming around,
The Pied Piper takes his children underground.
Dragon coming out of the sea,
Shimmering silver head of wisdom looking at me.
He brings down the fire from the skies,
You can tell he's doing well by the look in human eyes.

Frodo in Sammath Naur, holding the Ring, about to put it on
Sam calls to Frodo

Better not compromise!
It won't be easy!

Gollum attacks Frodo

Six six six is no longer alone,

Gollum bites off Frodo's finger

He's getting out the marrow in your back bone,

Gollum dances and falls into the fire

And the seven trumpets blowing sweet rock and roll,
Gonna blow right down inside your soul.

Mordor quakes; eagles come

Gandalf with his bright cloak reflects the full moon,
In blood, he's writing the lyrics of a brand new tune.

Aragorn to Arwenat Minas Tirith

And it's hey babe, with your guardian eyes so blue,
Hey my baby, don't you know our love is true,
I've been so far from here,
Far from your loving arms,
Now I'm back again, and babe it's gonna work out fine.

VII. As Sure As Eggs Is Eggs (Aching Men's Feet)

the bard sings to the glad crowd gathered

Can't you feel our souls ignite
Shedding ever changing colours, in the darkness of the fading night,
Like the river joins the ocean, as the germ in a seed grows
We have finally been freed to get back home.
There's an Ainur standing in the sun, and he's crying with a loud voice,
"This is the supper of the King returned",
Elessar,
King of Hope,
Has returned to rule his children here,
To lead them in the new Minas Anor!

The sun shines upon the Elessar upon the brow of Elessar, crowned; the crowd roars. Arwen is crowned and stands before the host seeming like a new Luthien; the music builds to a crescendo then fades as the light fades, and music and light fade together until LMP stands alone under a single spotlight, cloaked and hooded.End.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 05-06-2006 at 10:45 AM.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 11:10 PM   #155
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
[Sorry for the long delay in getting this up. I was out of town and then have had to be taking or studying for AP tests ever since I got back.]

*Steps up to the microphone* Today I will sing the Breetles' Take the Ring, to the tune of The Beatles' Drive My Car.

I asked young Frodo what he wanted to be,
He said "Gandalf, can't you see?
I want adventures, like uncle Bilbo
Even though I don't know where to go."

Frodo you must take the Ring,
Or aid to Sauron it will bring.
Or Sauron will get it.

I told Frodo that his prospects were good,
And he said "Gandalf, it's understood
Being a hobbit is all very fine
But will this show me a better time?"

Or Sauron will get it.

Hobbits 'n' hobbits, yeah!

Or Sauron will get it.

I told young Frodo he could start right away
And he said "Listen Gandalf, I got something to say
I wield no ring and it's breaking my heart
But I am a bearer and that's a start."

Or Sauron will get it.

Many thanks to my brother for aid in writing this song.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:25 AM   #156
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe And thats a take...

Since I doubt LiS plans on showing up (See her last active date for more information) I believe we should go ahead and close this round. As for voting, you may vote for as many people as you want but only once. We request that you do not vote for yourself but as we're working on an honor system we can't stop you.

And please, do not vote blindly but yeah... I guess if its your friend you can vote for them... I mean yeah, they do that on the actual show so what the heck!

Also, judges begin judging and Vala begin interviewing.

ME Idol Voting Booth

Have at it people! Mind you, I'm not voting till later... Anyway, you'll probably have till [the end of] Monday to make your votes but thats no reason not to vote now!

Regards,
Sleepy Ranger

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 05-07-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:27 AM   #157
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Err, question. When you vote is there anything to tell you that the vote has been recorded? Like a new screen pops up or whatever?
Old 05-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #158
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Err, question. When you vote is there anything to tell you that the vote has been recorded? Like a new screen pops up or whatever?
Hmm... odd... I'll have to talk to Valesse about this...
Old 05-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #159
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Don't think it's working, because nothing happens when I click "view" either.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #160
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Or if something is happening then I just voted for one person about 7 times.