The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2006, 06:35 AM   #161
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

Alright, since I haven't heard from Valesse till yet I took the liberty of making a new poll.

ME Idol Voting Booth

Voting is now open till Tuesday! Have at it folks!
Oh and remember you can vote for as many (or as few) people as you want but please, do not vote for everyone.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:14 AM   #162
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
When do we get the judges' opinions? I know they don't matter at this stage but I'd like to see them for fun...Tuesday?
Old 05-08-2006, 06:45 AM   #163
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe Heres what Cowell had to say...

THE Ka

That was a terrible performace, not near as good as your audition. I didn't like it at all, I think with that song you've just booked your ticket out of here. If you do, by some twist of fate, stick on I'd recommend putting some heart into your work.

Hookbill the Goomba

Hookbill, I enjoyed that performance. You've got talent, you can entertain so what are you afraid of? That nervousness has got to go. You have really got a shot at winning this but if you keep shaking eventually people are going to realize that its not just an odd dance move.

Boromir88

Your audition was amazing, this performance was avergae. Its a hard song, you took a risk and you did not pull it off. I didn't enjoy that, it started of strong but then what went wrong? I thought you may be about to pull it off but then no, you just went horribly wrong.

Kath

Again, an alright performance. I don't want you to think that thats enough because in no way is it a winning performance. You still haven't convinvced me you're good enough to be here but I'll give you the benifit of the doubt, not an easy song and I guess you did it alright.

Panakeia

I take it back, I take it all back. You blew me away with that performance, I just loved it. You were amazing, dear. Best performance so far. Well done.

Morai

That was an alright performance, not really a song I'd expect someone to sing at this competition but you stuck to your element and sang it well. Not sure it'll earn you a good number of votes though.

Anguirel

When I heard what song you were planning to perform the first thing I thought was "Butchered." I was wrong, you sang excellent. Great performace, in fact I'd say you're the best male vocalist we have.

The Saucepan Man

Saucepan, Saucepan, Saucepan... where do I begin? You got everything wrong there and you're still wearing those pans! I didn't like your performance, it was just average. Your first one was better, I'm still not convinced you ought to be here.

Folwren

I enjoyed that performance, you've got everything in your favor. Lovely song choice, lovely voice. Not as good as I would've expected but still, could've been worse.

Elu Ancalime

No, just no. You picked a hard song and you didn't put your all into it. I think you've just booked your plane ticket home. Sorry!

Mithalwen

That was a good performance, it probably hasn't won my vote but I'm certain that everyone else here will vote for you and do you know why? Its because you've got great stage presence, when you come on people sit up and take note. Yeah, now if only you could sing better.

Nilpaurion Felagund

Once again, stunning. You've got talent in knowing what you're doing. You delivered a flawless performance in your own fashion. Good work.

Lhunardawen

To be honest I wasn't impressed at all, you tried a big song and in the end it swallowed you whole. Certainly wasn't something I'd consider good.

The Only Real Estel

I didn't like that. It was just average and utterly boring. As I said our rockers usually have problems with softer songs, and that was hardly and softer but you still faltered. I'm disappointed.

JennyHallu

You seem to have found your groove, I really enjoyed that performance yet I still don't think you're going to win this competition but you will go far. Good luck.

Caranlondien

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! You messed up completely. I wasn't impressed, in fact I nearly fell asleep. That was a boring performance from you, worse than your audition which, in fact, was quite boring as well.

Diamond18

Definately an improvement, you've shown that you can in fact sing. Stick to it and you'll make it through. However I warn you, it will take a lot of work and practice on your part. This week may just have been a fluke.

Gurthang

You nearly had me singing along. Of course it helps that I enjoy that song but I don't think you messed it up as bad as you might have. You could have done it a lot better but I think I'll just slap an average tag on you and see what you can do next week.

Lote22

Is Queen all you can sing? Well I think you this one was a bit better than your audition but just a bit. In the words of Glirdy Jackson, "Middle-Earth we have a flop one tonight!"

Nogrod

Hello. Who are you? As I said earlier that performance had no personality. You won't get any votes because nobody knows who you are. The song however was brilliant.

Alcarillo

That was a very hard song to sing, you didn't pull it off. I'm not impressed.

Littelmanpoet

*Sleep Cowell has been left speechless for all the right reasons!*

Orominuialwen

You did well, good performance. Odd that we had so many Beatles performances but you did quite well. Good job.
Old 05-08-2006, 03:05 PM   #164
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
THE Ka
Not to sure about that one. I think you could do a lot better.

Hookbill
I enjoyed that very much. You have no reason to be so nervous, you're doing a great job so far.

Boro88
I think that was very good. Very creative.

Kath
That was fairly good. But a little more effort could make a big difference.

Celuien
That was a good performance. I think you did a great job with that. You'll proably get far in this competition.

Morai
That was .....interesting. I'm half and half with that performance.

Anguirel
I enjoyed that very much, I think you did a great job with that song. Good work!

Saucie
I loved that performance. I definetely think you have a good chance of making it far in this competition.

Folwren
That was a very pretty song, made me get teary eyed. Good job.

Elu Ancalime
ot to sure about that one, I didn't really like it that much.

Mith
See Folwren ^

Nilp
I loved it! Absolutely magnificent(sp?)! Keep it up!

Lhuna
I enjoyed that very much. I think you're doing great.

TORE
I thought that was pretty good, but I'm sure you could easily do better.

JennyHallu
I thought that was very good, I can see you going far in the competition.

Caranlondien
That was an ok performance. It could use some improvements.

Diamond18
I enjoyed that one greatly, I think you did a great job.

Gurthang
I liked that a lot, amazing job, keep it up!

Lote
That was ok, I liked your first one better but I think it was still pretty good.

Nogrod
I didn't really enjoy that. I don't know how long you will last.

Alcarillo-Steve
Not sure. Not as good as your other performance. I think you can do a lot better.

LMP
WOW, that was amazing! No, amazing doesn't even describe it! Great job!

Oromin
I found that very enjoyable, good work!

Apologies if I accidently skipped someone.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:39 AM   #165
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I'll get to it later tonight. I have school soon so I won't be able to. Sorry!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #166
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

*Glirdy Jackson runs in* Sorry I'm late folks! Things pop up you know!! Anyway, where was I? Right! The performances!

THE Ka

I didn't quite like this performance girl. I realize that you were rushed and I'll let it pass this time. Another thing that bugged me was your song choice. It didn't suit you at all. If you make it through, I suggest (for now) sticking to what you're comfortable with and put more effort into it.

Hookbill the Goomba

Why are you so nervous? You have an awsome voice so you have nothing to be afraid of. You had the x-factor at your audition. What happened to it? Find a way to increase your self-esteem as well as a way to get rid of that stage fright or you won't make it through to the next round.

Boromir88

That wasn't half bad. It wasn't as good as your audition performance but it wasn't bad. That's all I can really say.

Kath

Two Johnny Cash songs in one night! And both of them were bland. What happened to that girl in the audition room? You have an amazing voice but I don't think this song was the right one for you gril.

Panakeia

I can finally say it...dog-pound (that's everyone out there following this as well as the contestants) we have a hot one tonight!!

Morai

I'm sticking with what I said back at your audition, that was not a good performance. And may I ask, what's with the clothes? I didn't like it at all.

Anguirel

That was amazing dude! We have another hot one tonight!!

The Saucepan Man

Ok, seriously, get rid of the pans!! They're clanging and banging in the middle of the performance! I couldn't hear the song at all!! *Vala runs up with an edited version*. Ok, that wasn't bad but it wasn't great. You could do a lot better dude.

Folwren

When I heard you were singing this song, I was shocked. But you pulled it off girl. You definetly have a chance of making it all the way!

Elu Ancalime

Another one that I was shocked at. Dude, this is such a hard song to sing and I'm afraid you didn't pull it off.

Mithalwen

That was an awsome performance!! You have great stage performance and your vocals weren't to shabby either. There were a few notes off key, especially during the chorus. Other than that, it rocked girl!

Nilpaurion Felagund

That was.....interesting. That' all I can really say dude.

Lhunardawen

That is personally one of my favorites and girl, I must say, you pulled it off! Way to go!!

The Only Real Estel

That's a hard song to sing dude but I think you pulled it off. Not bad, not bad at all.

JennyHallu

That was a great performance. Not the greatest vocals by far but you had that stage presence. Good job.

Caranlondien

That was boring dude. Simple as that. Boring.

Diamond18

Another great performance! You have the ability to go all the way girl! Way to go!

Gurthang

That was a great foot-stomping performance and another great vocal performance. You pulled it off dude, you pulled it off!!

Lote22

Ummm, Sleepy, stop stealing my lines. Besides, that's not what I say. It's "we have another hot one tonight!". Sheez! Get your facts straight. Unfortunately for you Lote, I'm afraid that wasn't a great performance, but it wasn't bad. Try something else so we can see more of your ability.

Nogrod

Ummm...what was that? Is that even a song? I always thought it was a poem. Seriously dude, you can do so much better.

Alcarillo

I don't know what the other two are talking about but I thought that was great! Good job!

Littelmanpoet

See what Sleepy said.

Orominuialwen

That was a really catchy song. Good job!
Old 05-12-2006, 04:25 PM   #167
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Boots the Results..!

Twenty-four contestants currently stand here on the stage, each of them believing that they should be the last performer in the Grand Finale. However... four of them will be eliminated tonight. Randomly seperated into two groups, the pair of artists receiving the lowest amount of votes for each group is eliminated. As of right now those in the competition include (in no particular order, other than numerical):

In Group One:
Diamond18, Lote22, The Only Real Estel, Mithalwen, Morai, Gurthang, Kath, Nogrod, Nilpaurion Felagund AKA William, Alc - I mean Steve, Hookbill the Goomba, and Orominuialwen.

In Group Two:
The Saucepan Man, Folwren, THE Ka, Celuien, Legolas in Spandex, Anguirel, Boromir88, Lhunardwen, Caranlondien, JennyHallu, Elu Ancalime, and Littlemanpoet.

. . .

Each and every one of our performers were outstanding, and Middle Earth must have had a hard time picking their favorites considering the distribution of votes. Not a single performer received even 15% of the vote by themselves! However, in this cut-throat competition four of our contestants will have to leave tonight.

For Drama's sake it is demanded of me to present the three lowest voted members of each group. Please remember... Since four contestants are leaving tonight, only two from each group shall be removed.

--In Group One: Lote22, Morai, and Orominuialwen.

--In Group Two: Legolas in Spandex, Caranlondien, and Elu Ancalime.

. . .

*Wanders over to the three Group One members* Each one of you have potential star power, however, two of you will no longer be able to let it blossom on this stage (until next time!). All three exhibited their own style and personality, but even still it is my sad duty to inform you that... Lote22, Morai... you are no longer in the competition. I'm sorry. However... we are prepared to offer you a pair of yellow boots to compensate for those that you've lost.

*Strolls into the middle of the Group Two troubled-trio* If..I'm not mistaken, Legolas in Spandex did not even perform.. which means that they are obviously one of the two eliminated... Caranlondien, Elu Ancalime... this must be very stressful. Only one of you will be staying to compete in the next round... *Eyes both of them with an irritatingly long pregnant pause.* Elu Ancalime... you are safe for tonight. Caranlondien is leaving us.

. . .

So thats it! *clap* The first round of the Semi-Finals! Our first heartbreaking eliminations... The rules remain the same until the Finals. Now only 20 contestants will compete for their stop in the finals which is only two rounds away! Lets hope that Middle Earth can handle so much star power in such a little time!

Until then... On Middle Earth Idol!

Please make sure to note that the Round Two Performance Deadline is MAY 20th. Like last time, if you know that you will not be able to meet this deadline please PM either one of the judges or myself.

Last edited by Valesse; 05-13-2006 at 11:53 AM. Reason: to fix a prefix
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:35 PM   #168
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Boots Random Titles..........

Quote:
Morai... you are no longer in the competition. I'm sorry. However... we are prepared to offer you a pair of yellow boots to compensate for those that you've lost.
Eh...I kinda figured that happen. *Begins walking off stage, and whips out a cell phone in the process* Yeah, Mr. Agent? You're fired.
Old 05-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #169
Caranlondien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Caranlondien has just left Hobbiton.
[Bursts into tears]

I just... wanted... to be... a pop star!

(Goes on long, rambling, barely audible tale about woe and hardship in early life)

[Guards approach and, with difficulty, lead Caran off-stage]
Caranlondien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 06:57 AM   #170
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Commiserations, chums. Still, you'll have the privilege of continuing to watch my glowing path to undying glory!

I'm preparing to open Round Two with a performance of "Breakfast at Menegroth", the heart-stopping classic by Deep Green Doriath. I'll be singing in my usual countertenor register to hit the high notes, with keyboard and flute accompaniment, in the voice of Daeron, Deep Green Doriath's Arda-renowned lead singer, singing to Luthien. Here goes...

Breakfast At Menegroth
by Deep Green Doriath

You say we've got nothing in common
No common ground to start from
And we're falling apart
You say Beren has come between us
Immortal lives between us
But I know you just don't care

CHORUS:
And I said "What about Breakfast at Menegroth?"
She said "I think I remember the film
And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it"
And I said "Well, that's the one thing we've got"

I see you, the only one who knew me
But now your eyes pierce through me
I guess I was wrong
So what now? It's plain to see we're over
I hate when things are over
When my song is left undone

CHORUS:

You say we've got nothing in common
No common ground to start from
And we're falling apart
You say the Quest has come between us
Immortal lives between us
But I fear you just don't care

CHORUS:
Old 05-13-2006, 06:33 PM   #171
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Sympathies to those who were eliminated. Better luck next time!

For my next number, I will perform "Smoke Gets in My Eye." It's based on a song called "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes," and I'll be singing it in the style of the group that made it famous, The Platters. If you're wondering, it's what (movie) Sauron sang while concocting a cover of darkness for his army...

They asked me why I streamed
To brew my noisome steam.
I, of course, replied,
"Something in my eye
Feels like stinging lye.”
They said, "Someday you'll find
Poisoned fumes can blind."
When Mount Doom's on fire,
You must realize
Smoke gets in my eye.

So I chaffed them and I gaily laughed
To think I could come to pain.
Yet today my eye still pours like rain,
Black tears fall on the plain.

Now laughing Orcs deride
Tears Kleenex can't hide.
So I glower and say,
"When a lovely fume flies,
Smoke gets in my eye."
Smoke gets in my eye.
Smoke gets in my eye.
Smoke..gets...in...my.....eye.......
Old 05-13-2006, 10:28 PM   #172
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
For my next performance I'll be singing Eagle, based on the song Angel originally sung by Sarah McLachlan, in her beautiful melodious voice. I'm sure she was singing this for Frodo as he left Mordor that March 25th.

Spend all your time waiting
For that second chance
For a break that would make it okay
There's always one reason
To feel not good enough
And it's hard at the end of the day
I need some distraction
Oh beautiful release
Memory seeps from my veins
Let me be empty
And weightless and maybe
I'll find some peace tonight

In the wings of an Eagle
Fly away from here
From this dark hot volcano
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the wings of the Eagle
May you find some comfort there

So tired of the straight line
And everywhere you turn
There's Gollum and Orcs at your back
And the storm keeps on twisting
You keep on building the lie
That you make up for all that you lack
It don't make no difference
Escaping one last time
It's easier to believe in this sweet madness oh
This glorious sadness that brings me to my knees

In the wings of an Eagle
Fly away from here
From this dark hot volcano
And the endlessness that you fear
You are pulled from the wreckage
Of your silent reverie
You're in the wings of the Eagle
May you find some comfort here
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:02 AM   #173
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up Once again...

Maybe it was the morpheme, maybe it was the sense of achievement, and maybe it was the wine? Whatever it was, Hookbill felt a little more confident this time around, no matter how many bottle and bricks flew at him as he wandered on stage.

"Hello," he said into the microphone, "This is a song that reminds me of my homeland. It's called, Dancing with the Moonlit Knight!" The audience was silent.

"Can you tell me where my country lies?"
Said the ranger old to his true love's eyes.
"It lies with me!" cried the Queen of Maybe
- For her merchandise, he traded in his prize.

"The King is late!" cried a voice in the crowd.
"Old man dies!" The note he left was signed 'Old Steward Deni'
- It seems he's burned;
Selling Gondor by the pound.

Citizens of Hope & Glory,
Time goes by - it's "the time of your life".
Easy now, sit you down.
Chewing through your Wimpy dreams,
They eat without a sound;
Digesting Gondor by the pound.

Young Orc says "you are what you eat" - eat well.
Old Orc says "you are what you wear" - wear well.
You know what you are; you don't give me Spam;
Bursting your belt that is your homemade sham.

The Captain leads his dance right on through the night
- Join the dance...
Follow on! Till the pail sun sets in the west.
Follow on! Till the Dark lord is past.
Dancing out with the moonlit knight,
Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.

There's a fat old lady outside the saloon;
Laying out the battle armour she plays Fortune.
The armies uneven right from the start;
And all of their swords are playing apart.

The Captain leads his dance right on through the night
- Join the dance...
Follow on! A Round Table-talking down we go.
You're the show!
Off we go with - You play the hobbit's horse,
I'll play the fool.
We'll tease the bull
Ringing round & loud, loud & round.

Follow on! With a twist of the world we go.
Follow on! Till the gold is cold.
Dancing out with the moonlit knight,
Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.

*Whack* went the metal pole as it struck Hookbill over the head. And there was much rejoicing.

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 05-15-2006 at 01:17 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:01 AM   #174
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Silmaril *William is in love*

Totally out of character, this might even get me booted off. But what the whey!

I'll actually complete a song.

The song is Where are You, originally by J.Romano and Soluna.
[Beren]

I know you out there baby
So where?

There's someone out there for me
I know she's waiting so patiently
Can you tell me her name?
This lifelong search is gonna drive me insane

How does she laugh, how does she cry,
What's the colour of her eyes,
Does she even realise I'm here?

Where is she?
Where is she?
Where is she?
Where is this beautiful girl?

Who is she?
Who is she?
Who's gonna complete my world?

Where is she?
Where is she?

Who is she?
Who is she?

La la la la la la la... la la la la laaa... La la la la la la la...

[Lúthien]

I'm starin out at the sky
Praying that he will walk in my life
Where is the man of my dreams?
Yeah...
I'd wait for ever, how silly it seems

How does he laugh, how does he cry,
What's the colour of his eyes,
Does he even realise I'm here?

Where is he?
Where is he?
Where is he?
Where is this beautiful guy?

Who is he?
Who is he?
Who's gonna take me so high?

Where is he?
Where is he?

Who is he?
Who is he?

[Beren]

Where are you...?
There's someone out there for me...

[Lúthien]

There's someone out there for me...

[Beren]

I know she's waiting so patiently...

[Lúthien]

So patient...

[Beren]

Can you tell me her name?

[Lúthien]

Can you tell me his name?

[Beren]

This lifelong search is gonna drive me insane

[Lúthien]

How does he laugh, how does he cry,
What's the colour of his eyes?
Does he even realise I'm here?....

[Beren]

Where is she?
Where is she?
Where is she?

Who is she?
Who is she?

[Lúthien]

Where is he?
Where is he?

Who is he?
Who is he?

[Together]

[Beren]

(Yeah...I know you're out there...)

[Together]

[Beren]

Where are you?
I'm-a look all over the world baby
Cos I know you're out there
I know it might sound crazy
But I love you
La la la la la la la...
( )
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 06:56 AM   #175
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree B88 Sleeping tonight.

For this performance I will be singing "The Dragon sleeps tonight," sung by The Tolkiens (hmph...i mean Tokens ). I'll be doing it in the voice of Thorin as this was the song sung by the dwarves on their way to reclaim Erebor:

Kha-a-zad Kha-a-zad Kha-a-zad Kha-a-zad
Kha-a-zad Kha-a-zad Kha-a-zad Kha-a-zad

In the Mountain, the lonely Mountain,
The dragon sleeps tonight.
In the Mountain, the lonely Mountain,

Khaaaaaa-a-a-zad aimen-u
Khaaaaaa-a-a-zad aimen-u

On the treasure, the kingly treasure,
On the treasure, the kingly treasure,

Khaaaaaa-a-a-zad aimen-u
Khaaaaaa-a-a-zad aimen-u

Upon jewels, the precious jewels
Upon with jewels, the precious jewels

Khaaaaaa-a-a-zad aimen-u
Khaaaaaa-a-a-zad aimen-u

With the stone, my arkenstone
With the stone, my arkenstone

Khaaaaaa-a-a-zad aimen-u
Khaaaaaa-a-a-zad aimen-u
Old 05-15-2006, 10:33 AM   #176
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Folwren quietly walks onto the stage. The lights are low, and one, white light shines on her. Her dress is long, flowing, and of a simple pattern, though the simplicity only brings out the beauty more. Her black hair frames the pale, lit face like an ebony picture frame. As she reaches the center, she lifts her eyes and looks out at the people.*

Friends, I have not come to perform again. I come to withdraw myself from of the contest. I'm sorry if I disappoint anyone, and I appreciate what votes I got. I know there weren't many, and I don't want anyone to believe that I'm stepping out because I think I'll loose. On the contrary. From the support I've gotten from the judges, and the idea that I have in my head that could be used for the next song, I think I would go on for another round at least. There are other reasons I am not going to sing for you again. Those reasons will go unsaid, however. I do not want to insult or offend anyone by voicing them, and I fear that if I did, they would both insult and offend.

I'm also sorry to say that those same reasons will keep me from voting for any of the contestants. I'm sorry for that, too, as there have been songs I like sung already.

Good luck to everyone, though.

Folwren bows gracefully and silently walks from the stage.

*Do not be deceived by what I wrote concerning hair, face, or eyes. The 'Folwren' in this is based not upon me but upon one of my characters from a book.
Folwren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:45 AM   #177
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Oh my...!

"Pity, truly a pity. I'm shocked and disappointed to see you go. You were, by far, my favorite performer and I really believed you could win this. It seems Group 2 will be spared an elimination again, and someone better be thanking their stars because there was no way she would have been voted off." Cowell pauses a moment, takes a sip of water and continues. "Well, I really do hope that by some miracle you manage to perform this Round though I doubt it'd happen. I hope to see you next season though. I wish you the best in whatever you do, and hope whatever has happened sorts itself out. As always, we would be willing to help you."

Cowell smiles and lays down the microphone. It seemed yet another safe-elimination for Group 2, and worse that his favorite performer had dropped out. What would happen now? Only time would tell...
Old 05-15-2006, 07:52 PM   #178
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I'm sorry to see you go girl. You were one of the best performers here. I really thought you could go far. I'm sorry and may everything get better for you. Let's have another whoop from the dog pound! *Whoop Whoop Whoop Whoop* Good luck girl!
Old 05-17-2006, 01:17 PM   #179
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Okay, all this is Estel again but I'm going to depart from my style (mainly to make Mr. Sleepy Cowell happy []) and sing If God Was One Of Us by Joan Osbourne (or she at least covered it) in the voice of Arwen.

It's a much lighter song then my usual leaning so I hope this doesn't totally distroy my rocker image. (If you've seen the Austin Powers movies you've heard at least part of this song )

If he had a form, what would it be
And would you really want to see
If you were faced with him in all his power
What would you ask if you had just one question

And yeah yeah Sauron's mad yeah yeah Sauron's bad
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if Sauron was formless
Just an Eyeball watching us
Just a Shadow of mistrust
Trying to get his Ring back

If he had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like Mordor and in a Mount and the Ring and all the ringwraiths

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if Sauron was headless
He's trying to get his Ring back
It's up to nine men all in black
Nobody knows where it has gone
Except for the wizard maybe, Saruman

yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

What if Sauron was armless
Just trying to get his Ring back
It's the one thing that he lacks
It's up to nine men all in black
Just trying to get his Ring back
Nobody knows where it has gone
Except for the wizard maybe, Saruman

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 05-17-2006 at 04:07 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:21 PM   #180
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Shield

*A terrible din and clamour is heard as the Saucepan Man takes to the stage, still arrayed with his pots and pans.*

It seems that the judges (or two of them at least) are too stuck in the past to recognise the future. Kitchen-based self-syncopation will be the next big thing to hit the music scene, you mark my words.

But I have taken the precuation of selecting a song which my pan-clattering accompaniment will suit. It is a traditional song of the Mark, first recorded by the Wold-pop band Bléor. And I shall sing it in the voice of Éomer, son of Éomund.

Feyness is a preference for the habitual rider of what is known as …
Marklife!
And Mordor’s troop can be avoided if you take a route straight through what is known as …
Marklife!
Uglúk's got a split group … they get intimidated by all the Eorlingas … they love a bit of it
Marklife!
Who's that Ent lord marching ... you should cut down on your barklife mate... try some hastiness
Marklife!

All the Riders!
Forth Eorlingas!
They all ride horse in hand
Horse in hand through their Marklife

Know what I mean

I roam where I want to except in Edoras where I get rudely accused by the Wormtongue
Marklife!
I put my helmet on, have a cup of mead and I think about leaving the Golden Hall
Marklife!
I heed the Wingfoot … I sometimes heed the Wizard too … it gives me a sense of ominous clouds gath’ring
Marklife!
And then we muster for the rest of the day safe in the knowledge there will always be a sword-day, a red day ‘ere the sun rises
Marklife!

All the Riders!
Forth Eorlingas!

Marklife! Marklife!
Marklife! Marklife!

It's got nothing to do with your Khazâd Ai-Mènu you know
And it's not about you Elves who go on and on and on
Marklife! Marklife!

Spear shall be shaken!
Shield shall be splintered!
They all fight horse in hand
Horse in hand for their Marklife

All the Riders!
Forth Eorlingas!

I thank you.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 08-06-2006 at 12:04 PM.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:38 PM   #181
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Well my dear judges! Nogrod is back with a song. You didn't like me at all the last time around, but here I am, against your wishes... Hail to the public opinion!

Well that last one was an old folk tune, and well, at least the outlaw country -part of it I truly enjoyed myself, but let's get to the rock'n'roll bussiness now. This is a song we used to perform after the War of the Ring had ended, and people were not yet seeing clearly enough their new stature among the nations. We tried to help them with this little piece. As they were hard times, we pretended this song was a cover, performed earlier by a certain band called The Who, and named My Generation. Well, surely that was all a lie...

The elven-folks just put us down (See the human generation!)
Just because we get around (See the human generation!)
Places they leave look aw-f-fully strange (Feel the human generation!)
I hope I die before I’d - s-s-sail away (Feel the human generation!)

The human generation
This is the domination, baby

Why don't you elders - f-f-fade away (Rise of human generation!)
And don't try to pick on what we’ll d-do (Bow for human generation!)
I'm pleading for a new s-s-s-sensation (Rise of human generation!)
Just talkin' 'bout human g-generation (Bow for human generation!)

The human generation

--- modulation +1 ---

Why don’t you just leave - the world to us (Welcome human domination!)
I can’t see the r-r-real buzz (Welcome human domination!)
The time is o-o-o-over for you guys (Welcome human domination!)
It’s ripe for one with the right-kind of vice (Welcome human domination!)

The human generation

--- interlude & modulation +1 ---

The elven-folks just put us down (See the human domination!)
Just because we get around (Feel the human domination!)
Places they go, look so estranged (Call for human domination!)
I hope to die before sai-i-iling away (Honour the human expectation!)

The human generation
This is the revelation, baby!
The human generation
This is the expectation, baby!

Last edited by Nogrod; 05-18-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:11 AM   #182
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Hey, everybody! I'm Gurthang, and I'm back again! Tonight I'll be performing the number It's Been a Hard Day's Fight sung in the voices of Boromir, Faramir, Mablung, and Damrod (It's just a slightly altered version of It's Been a Hard Day's Night by The Beatles.)

It's been a hard day's fight, and I been fighting like a dog
It's been a hard day's fight, I should be sleeping like a log
But when I get home to you I'll find the things that you do
Will make me feel alright

You know I fight all day to keep you safe inside these walls
And it's worth it when you say you're glad to see me in these halls
So why on earth should I moan, 'cause when I get you alone
You know I feel ok

When I'm home everything seems to be right
When I'm home feeling you holding me tight, tight

Owww!

So why on earth should I moan, 'cause when I get you alone
You know I feel ok

When I'm home everything seems to be right
When I'm home feeling you holding me tight, tight, yeah

You know I feel alright
You know I feel alright...
Old 05-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #183
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Mithalwen enters and sings softly in the style of *thinks of possible female sting equivalents* er Dido? Maybe, this version of Fragile from the perspective of the survivors of the Battle of Unnumbered Tears.

Elf blood will flow when flesh and steel are one
Drying in the colour of the evening sun
Tomorrow's rain will wash the stains away
But the Nirnaeth in our minds will always stay

Perhaps this final act was meant
To clinch the eternal argument
That nothing comes from violence and nothing ever could
For all those exiled by an angry Valar
Lest we forget how fragile we are

On Haudh en Ndengin rain will fall
Like tears from a star, like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say
How fragile we are, how fragile we are

On and on the rain will fall
Like tears from a star, like tears from a star
On and on the rain will say

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #184
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I am going to sing "Another Brick House in the Shire", by Pink Faramir

In the voice of Farmer Cotton:

We don't need no distribution!
We don't need no voice control!
No dark sarcasm in the Shire,
Sharkey! leave the Shire alone!
Hey Sharkey leave us Hobbits alone!
All in all it's another brick house in the Shire!

[chorus by all the hobbits of Bywater]

We don't need no distribution!
We don't need no voice control!
No dark sarcasm in the Shire,
Sharkey! leave the Shire alone!
Hey Sharkey leave us Hobbits alone!

Sharkey:

He-ey! Eat your meat! He-ey! Eat your meat!
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!
How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?

guitar riff played soulfully by Elempi

Sam sings:

Frodo's sailed across the ocean,
Leaving only memories,
A tale in the Red Book of Westmarch
Frodo, what did you leave me for?
Frodo, what did'ya leave me behind for?
All in all it was a Ring that would have made you fall
All in all it was a Ring that would have made you fall

Sound of gulls crying on a far shore, lights fade, music fades.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:33 PM   #185
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

Hello all, I'm back. And next I would like to sing an old favorite of mine: "Ring on the Run."
To the tune of "Band on the Run" by Paul McCartney

Stuck inside this Tower room
Sent inside forever
Never seeing no one nice again
Like you, Samwise, you, Samwise, you

If I ever get out of here
Thought of throwing this Ring away
Into the Mountan of Doom
All I need is a pint a day if I ever get out of here
If we ever get out of here

[tempo change]

Well, the Watchers exploded with a mighty crash
As we got out on a run
And the first one said to the second one there
I think that was the One

Ring on the run, Ring on the run
And the Frodo Lad and Faithful Sam
Were followed by Gollum
For the Ring on the run, Ring on the run

Well, the Giant Spider got an Elven-sword
Thrust up into her bum
And the Eye was searching Middle-earth
For the Hobbits on the run

And the Frodo Lad and Faithful Sam
Were follwed by Gollum
For the Ring on the run, Ring on the run

Yeah the Ring on the run, the Ring on the run

Well, the night was falling as the desert world
Began to settle down
The Eye is searching for us everywhere
But we never will be found

And the Dark Lord who caused this war
Will search forevermore
For the Ring on the run, the Ring on the run

Last edited by Diamond18; 05-19-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Diamond18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 03:04 PM   #186
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Greetings again, I've been reminded that my last act was too unlike me, and I believe it was. So, to return my roots with more enthusiasm, I am going to sing a very favourite song of mine - Steward On Fire by Morrissey. Morrissey is my second best man (I am already madly in love with another more close), and I wish to do him some respect. This song is an illustration of an outsider's sympathy with the wonderful madness of Denethor.

Here is Gondor, giddy of Minas Tirith,
Is it home of the free -
Or what?

Can you squeeze me,
Into an empty page of your diary,
And psychologically save me?
I've got faith in you -
I sense the power,
Within the fingers,
Within an hour the power,
Could totally destroy me,
(Or, it could save my life)

Oh, here is Minas Tirith,
"Home of the mad, extreme and free"
You are repressed,
But you're remarkably dressed,
Is it real?
And you're always busy -

Really busy,
Busy, busy,
Oh, steward on fire,
All around Anárion’s House -
And you're just so busy,
Busy, busy,
Busy matches,
Oh, steward on fire,
(Only the other day)

Was a wizard, over-cautious,
He made you nervous,
And when he said,
"I'm gonna usurp you"
Oh, I really felt for you -

So can you squeeze me,
Into an empty page of your diary,
And supernaturally change me?
Change me, change me, change –

Oh, here in Minas Tirith,
"Home of the brash, hopeless and free"
You are repressed,
But you're remarkably dressed,
Is it Real?

And you're always busy,
Really busy,
Busy oil,
Oh, steward on fire,
All around Anárion’s House -

And you're just too busy,
To see me,
Busy matches,
Oh, steward on fire…

Bows and tosses matches off stage upon exiting offstage...
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #187
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Steve here, singing a song to one of the bard Santana's popular tunes. I'll be singing in the voice of Saruman, of all people. (singing to Sauron? A secret lover?)

Man it’s a hot one
Like seven inches from the midday sun
I hear you whisper and the words melt everyone
But you stay so cool
My Fíriel, my elvish city Tar-Míriel
You're my reason for reason
The step in my groove

And if you say this life ain’t good enough
I would give my world to lift you up
I could change my life to better suit your mood
Cause you’re so smooth

And just like the ocean under the moon
Well that’s the same emotion that I get from you
You got the kind of lovin that can be so smooth
Gimme your heart, make it real
Or else forget about it

I’ll tell you one thing
If you would leave it would be a crying shame
In every breath and every word I hear your name calling me out
Out from Nan Curunir, you hear my rhythm from your palantir
You feel the turning of the world so soft and near
Turning you round and round
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #188
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Kath here, hoping she can still get her song in! This is the song Feeling Good (the Muse version) sung by Frodo as he leaves from the Grey Havens.

Eagles flying high, you know how I feel
Sun in the sky, you know how I feel
Reeds drifting on by, you know how I feel
It's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me
And I'm feeling good.

Fish in the sea, you know how I feel
River running free, you know how I feel
Blossom on the Ents, you know how I feel
And I'm feeling good.

Hobbits are all out in the sun
You know what I mean, don't you know
Children are all having fun
You know what I mean
Sleep in peace
When this life is done
And the new world is a good world and a bold world for me.

Stars when you shine, you know how I feel
Scent of the pine, you know how I feel
Yeah freedom is mine, and you know how I feel
And I'm feeling good.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #189
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Yet to perform

Group 1

Orominuialwen

Group 2

JennyHallu
Elu Ancalime

I'm sending out the PMs, they have till tomorrow to perform.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:46 PM   #190
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
Because of school and work and other stressful activities I am withdrawing myself from Middle-Earth Idol. Thanks and Sorry for enduring my vocalizations. Elu Ancalime walks out backstage, and is tempted to flip an obscene gesture at the camera, but resists doing so. Hooray for willpower.
________
Vaporizers reviews

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 11:58 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 01:28 AM   #191
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Since this seems to be a downtime, and since I got permission from Sleepy, I'm going to do an ad of my own. Inspiration from Hookbill Goomba.

(Musical thud)

"This Summer..."

(We look upon a small village during the night from a ridge. The clouds above part and the full moon shines down.)

"Barrow Downs Studios, with help from New Line Cinema, present to you..."

(A creature walks onto the ridge, and the camera changes. It is next to the moon.)

(Creature raises it's head) "Aaaawwoooooooooooooo."

"A tale of a town,"

(Village is shown in daylight)

"Turned against each other."

Nilp: Three of our villagers are killing our town!

"People will turn against each other."

Diamond: Killing our town? I thought this was a village.

Glirdan: She's causing debate! She's one of them!

(Charges Diamond)

"People will die."

Saucepan: (weeping) How did Firefoot die?

For: We... don't really know.

Saucepan: What? Isn't there a death every night?

For: The full moon isn't out every night, it's not a werewolf.

"And on the 18 of July, these peaceful villagers will be forced to contend with the forces of darkness."

(Music picks up into climatic area)

(Villagers quarrel)

"Your husband killed my wife!"

"We all know you knew she was cheating on you!"

"She what?!"

"We need the dreams of the seer if we are to live, as has been predicted ages ago."

"If this was predicted ages ago, why are we still living on this cursed land?"

"Good question."

"You will be thrilled, you will be shocked, you won't ask for your money back like when we remade Middle-Earth Idol."

Kath: Nogrod, why do you want to kill Alcarillo?

Eonwe: Because he's SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK!

Tol-in-Gaurhoth XXXXV: My Nose Is Running.

Nilp: Three of us have a disease.

Loki: (Scoffs) Probably AIDS.

For: WHAT!?

(07-18-06)

I hope you liked it, and I hope I didn't go overboard with that last part. I added an extra space in two areas since it would make a smilie.
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains

Last edited by The 1,000 Reader; 05-22-2006 at 01:46 AM.
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 09:49 AM   #192
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe And its that time again...

Well seeing how Group 2 just had some major cuts (they're only left with seven) as both Ormi and Hallu have been eliminated for not showing up and not replying to the PM either. So Group 2, all those of you who have performed are safe... as for Group 1, there are now nine performers left due to Elu dropping out. Despite that there shall be two eliminations to bring both groups down to seven each.

ME Idol Voting Booth

PS: If the page shows the old poll, refresh it.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #193
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe Cowell's Views

Anguirel

Brilliant, simply brilliant. Excellent song choice, it went great with your voice. You have a great chance at making it far, well done.

Panakeia

To be honest that wasn't such a good performance. It was utterly average and horrendously boring. This performance was pathetic in comparison to your one last week. I think you're lucky your group isn't having any eliminations.

Lhunardawen

Alright... that song was too big for you, you started out alright but then somewhere in the middle you were just swallowed whole. I wasn't impressed, I've seen you do much better. Definately not something you can afford at this stage of the competition.

Hookbill the Goomba

I think you were a bit off in that performance, you seem to have taken a shot at comedy and failed miserably. You can do far, far better and to be honest I am very disappointed in you. Your voice was well off and in several places I had my hands on my ears thinking it would never end.

Nilpaurion Felagund

Once again you picked a song that suits you, you sang it well. And I am honesty very proud of you, you took a risk and it paid off. Well done, you're not going anywhere.

Boromir88

What is wrong with everyone tonight? The crowd begins to boo in dis-approval. No, really, I mean it. Everyone has been messing up... The rest of what Cowell says is drowned out by the crowd's boos.

The Only Real Estel

Well that song certainly showed your range. You sang it well, it was good performance and a nice diversion. Definately not an excellent performance but compared to the rest of what we've seen tonight...

The Saucepan Man

Okay, I didn't like it too much. The pans didn't add to anything expect distraction once again, but well you have your fans and you'll get your votes. Thats what matters I suppose.

Nogrod

Hello, I know you. You're Nogrod, good job. That performance showed off a lot of personality and though the vocals may not have been that good, they weren't bad either. Just improve on your pitch a bit and you'll have it set.

Gurthang

Once again, you picked a good song and you sang it well. You kept me entertained. I really look forward to your performances and so far you haven't disappointed me at all. I see a bright future for you.

Mithalwen

I'm sorry but that wasn't such a good performance. Sure, it could have been a lot worse but still I don't believe it was up to par. You came, you sang and you did alright you just don't seem to be putting your all into it.

Littlemanpoet

Once again you've lived up to my expectations. Spotless performance, you've picked songs which compliment your voice well. I think it'll be interesting to see what songs you pick throughtout the contest. Best perofrmance of the night.

Diamond18

I didn't like that at all, you were too pitchy and your voice was all over the place. And it sounded like a rather nasal performance... somethings nosey here...

The Ka

I enjoyed that performance... what?

Alcarillo

Alright, I guess that was a moderately pleasing performance. You could do much better with that voice of yours and don't take this the wrong way, you sang well but I'm not sure it was good enough.

Kath

You just lost it, the song didn't go well with your voice and well... it was just... well... appalling. Now, I don't mean to be rude but... you could be doing much better, this performance stopped just short of excruciating.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #194
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe An interview with Panakeia

And now... time for an exclusive interview with Middle-Earth Idol hopeful... Panakeia! In the studio we have none other than, your favorite and mine, Smeago Letterman

Smeago: Hello Panakeia, glad you could make it.

Panakeia: My pleasure to be here, of course.

Smeago: First I'd like you to address these rumors floating around, did you really burst into tears when Cowell made those karaoke comments?

Panakeia: Me? In tears? Of course not. The person behind those rumors is misleading the viewing public. I could never be brought to tears by criticism from that Cowell person.

Smeago: So how did you react to his comments?

Panakeia: I reacted with all that was deserved. A cool stare, and a simple reply indicating his poor taste. My performance was brilliant and I knew it. How could it be otherwise, with my virtuoso singing, compelling stage presence and general charisma?

Panakeia: In fact, my remarks were most likely more than he deserved. I should have merely given a glance of contempt for his tin ear.

Smeago: Ha ha, how true. You've certainly had a unique song choice till now, could you tell us what factors you keep in minding when choosing your song?

Panakeia: Well, first and foremost, I choose songs that display the lyrical quality of my voice. I can, naturally, sing anything, but I prefer to make selections that will show the true art of singing to the listener. Then I think of the lyrics. A good song, as I'm sure you know, will tell a story. Finally, a song must match my wardrobe. If the song doesn't go with the clothes, the whole effect is ruined. I'm not known as the best-dressed Idol contest without good reason.

Smeago: Of course, Panakeia, of course. And why do you think you deserve to be the first ever Middle-Earth Idol?

Panakeia: I am, in simplest terms, the most talented person on the program. And I'm the only one with the wardrobe to back up a career on the stage. Need I mention some of the accoutrements chosen by some of the more eccentric contestants?

Smeago: Well some of them certainly have caught the eye but tell us, who do you believe will make it with you to the finals?

Panakeia: Well, I'm almost sure that Littlemanpoet will be present. He seems to have caught the attention of more than a few viewers. The Saucepan Man may also make it, despite, or maybe because of, his odd taste in clothing. Boromir stands a good chance as well. Any of them might join me in the last round. From the other group, Mithalwen and Nilpaurion Felagund appear to be the frontrunners for the finals. None measure up to my voice, of course, but they have some skill. I'll grant them that much.

Smeago: Is there anything you'd like to say to your fans?

Panakeia: Oh yes. My fans. I would like to thank them for supporting me throughout the contest. They prove their excellent taste and discernment every time they listen, and I greatly appreciate their presence. Thank you! *blows a kiss*
Old 05-23-2006, 11:20 AM   #195
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
35 Seconds with Wesley Steel

Middle-earth Idol is all the rage with television viewers around the world. But who are the contestants who appear on the program? What motivates them to seek fame and fortune as musicians? Where do they come from? Those questions, and more, answered on the next edition of 35 Seconds.

*sound of ticking clock*

Panakeia of Harad is one of the most recognizable and enigmatic contests on Middle-earth Idol, mostly as a result of her frequent confrontations with judge Sleepy Cowell. We've delved into her past to bring you a better understanding of this strange contestant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assigned to Mordor
Panakeia was born to a poor family from the borders of Harad upon whom the curse of the Anakronism Dweomer (a curse causing the appearance of anachronisms, such as reality TV shows, in Middle-earth) sat heavily, like a lump of gravy on a slice of day-old turkey. Fortunately for them, this particular corner of Middle-earth was far from the ears and eyes of those who enforced the Laws of Gondor which outlawed the use of Anakronisms (or any laws at all, for that matter), so it made little difference to the young Panakeia, who grew up discussing Britney Spears and marketing tactics with her two siblings as if such terms were completely normal for Middle-earth in the Fourth Age.

By Panakeia’s 10th birthday, her family’s fortunes mysteriously changed and they found themselves in possession of a large estate. She grew into a surprisingly attractive young woman with high principles, and by 18 she was the belle of the Harad area. It was also about this time that she discovered the reason for her family’s rags-to-riches story: in a locked attic, Panakeia stumbled on a box of pamphlets advertising cheap garden spot lots. Unfortunately, a quick glance at the map included with the ads would have told anyone who had even a passing acquaintance with geography that the so-called garden spot was located smack in the middle of the Dead Marshes. Worse yet, there was evidence for many other schemes run by her family over the years. Panakeia was horrified and vowed never to join the family business, insisting that there was no offer that they could possibly make her that she would not be able to refuse.

But Fate was working against Panakeia. Shortly afterwards, retribution came upon her family in the form of disgruntled investors from the land scheme. These investors burned her home to the ground, forcing her to flee into the wilderness. In the confusion, she became separated from her relatives, none of whom she would see again. Poor Panakeia wandered in the wild for days, lost and starving. Finally, she located an old potato field, clawed a raw tuber from the earth with her fingernails and devoured it. With a cry to the setting sun of “I’ll never be hungry again,” Panakeia decided to wreak her revenge on those who had ended her fairy-tale existence by restarting her family’s old schemes. After all, if people were foolish enough to fall for her scams, they deserved whatever came to them, didn’t they? She then headed out on the road, selling various health and beauty potions of dubious quality from a roadside stand. Over the years, she became accustomed to her lifestyle and completely forgot her early idealism.

In time, her travels took her to the heart of Gondor itself. Unaware of (or perhaps indifferent to) the banning of Anakronisms, she set up her stand on the road to Minas Tirith and called out “Panakeia’s Beauty Cream! Guaranteed to give you J Lo’s youthful glow, or your money back!” She only had time to make two sales before being whisked off to Mordor by the Anakronism Police.

Past television appearances include her time as a member of the Offending Party, a small group of Mordor assignees given the chance to escape their fate as residents of Mordor. Those events gave her some fame on Reality Television, at least to viewers in that particular corner of Middle-earth.

Panakeia currently resides in Lûndûn, Mordor.
(OOC: Posted so that no one gets the idea that I'm the same person as Panakeia. )
Old 05-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #196
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Sleepy Cowell - and other judges!

Is there a deadline to voting for the candidates in group1? And as I do believe there is, what might it be?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #197
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Sleepy Cowell - and other judges!

Is there a deadline to voting for the candidates in group1? And as I do believe there is, what might it be?
Er... yeah. 25th May.

Last edited by Sleepy Ranger; 05-24-2006 at 05:53 AM.
Sleepy Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 07:33 PM   #198
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Its that time again for votes to start rolling in. Fortunately for Group 2 because of a number of contestants not being able to participate, there will be no one removed from those seven who are now remaining. You are all safe.

This does, however, mean that Group 1 will have to be reduced to seven, also.

The polls are now open, tune in for the results, soon!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:16 PM   #199
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Ranger
both Ormi and Hallu have been eliminated for not showing up and not replying to the PM either.
Many apologies, I've been under a lot of stress lately with school. It's probably best that I was eliminated, as it's not likely I'll have much free time at all for the next 2 1/2 weeks and it wouldn't be right for me to participate in this without contributing my share.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:49 PM   #200
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

the Results!

Tonight ends the journey of yet another pair of contestants. Since several of the group two contestants are no longer able to attend the Hall of Fire (the Strawberry shampoo of the elves has been quite over powering of late, if I must say myself.) only two will be elliminated tonight from Group 1.

I won't bore everyone with theatrics tonight, as it quite a night... the 5th of Forelithe, and all... so here are the results!

- - -

Diamond18 got a very different critque from Sleepy this time around, but did Middle Earth care that he thought she was too pitchy? Apparently not. Diamond18, You are safe.

Mithalwen's fragile tune must have touched Arda in a very different way than it did Cowell. She is also safe.

Gurthang received nothing but Cowell's praises, but that doesn't nessecarily mean that the rest of us agree... of course, in this case- and this is just a freak coincidence, I assure you- we did. Safe.

The Only Real Estel showed Middle Earth that he can make real Strides... eh heh heh.. heh...? Oh bugger. You're safe.

Tonight is grim for dear Kath, who rocked the judges during auditions. I'm sorry to say this, but the Everlasting Whiteness is leaving Middle Earth Idol tonight.

Nogrod flexed his muscles a bit and showed Middle Earth exactly who he was, and what he was about... Besides a few Dark Lords, it seems they like that in a person: safe.

Nilpaurion Felagund AKA William will probably never leave. In case that leaves any doubt, Nilp is safe.

Hookbill the Goomba - is the pressure on?- went for a different approach with some novelty comedy. Even though it wasn't to Cowell's liking he is quite safe tonight.

Sadly, that means that our mysterious personality, Alc - I mean Steve, will be leaving us, tonight.

- - -

So thats it for now.
Contestants may begin immediately, the next preformance deadline is June 5th. If you are unable to make this deadline please, as always, make contact (by way of PM) with one of the judges or myself.

Last edited by Valesse; 05-27-2006 at 10:13 PM.
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote