The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2007, 05:56 AM   #321
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
That would be good. Thanks, Oddwen, we'll see if it is needed, depends on LM I guess...
...Well, if the picture comes before Sunday, then it seems I'll be writing about TM's picture. Mwahaha...
And to keep you in track, I'll pop up here as soon as I'm back.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #322
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Lord Melkor, could you please send the picture soon.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:05 AM   #323
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I'm back...

...so it seems I haven't missed anything. Lord Melkor, waiting for your masterpiece!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 05-20-2007, 06:33 PM   #324
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i suggest shifting him to bottom of list so if he is unresponsive by then we can cut him...
Old 05-20-2007, 10:33 PM   #325
Volo

He answered that he'll get the picture ready by tomorrow. He's already nearly done it.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:21 AM   #326
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My picture's in, so I think this must be near done!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #327
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Great! I can't wait.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #328
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Me neither - what a great game this is!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:53 PM   #329
Volo

Silmaril

Sorry for the long delays, I think I might get them out already tomorrow!
Old 05-24-2007, 04:35 AM   #330
Volo

Silmaril Paper Telephone!

I woke up in the middle of the night with this idea burning my head:

"Smaug got tired of living under the mountain and decided to build himself a new house on top of the mountain. Beorn is giving advice."

Aganzir couldn't find her pencils so she used paint instead:

dancing spawn of ungoliant found a minute in between filling different forms and wrote this:

"Having a bureaucratic bear interfering with your attempts to remodel your penthouse condo made the glowing Worm wish he hadn't moved in the neighbourhood in the first place."

Orominuialwen quickly skipped through 38942 pictures and made a collage out of the best ones:

Thinlómien visited Sofocle for help and recieved great advice, this is how she improved the wise words:

"Chinese Smaug was not happy when an official-looking female Beorn came to visit him with outrageous requests."

Hookbill the Goomba had just finished another article about the Argonath when he was ordered to draw this:

Gil-Galad opened his history book and found the courage to bring out the truth:

"The Dragon did not like Threats, in fact he hated them for it brought back painful memories of his childhood when all the other kid-dragons on his street would tease him about being a dragon with a funny hat that anyone could control him, but someday he will prove himself that dragons can be stylin' in hats too..."

Precioussss sat in deep thought and in the end concluded like this:

The Elf-warrior who had run out of tee, visited Menel to borrow some and in his way of saying thanks, wrote this:

"Meneltarmacil thought of the humiliation that would come to him if he accepted the Hobbits' funny hat."

Lord Melkor, after having travelled to the other side of the Galaxy to see what colour Gandalf the Grey's hat was, decided that it looked like this:

Legate of Amon Lanc saw that this was a serious matter and grave seriously stated these words right here:

"Poor Meneltarmacil does not have the heart to decline Frodo's gift of a "funny" hat with roses on antennaes, pictures of smileys and inbuilt blue ice-cream cone; though he knows that putting it on will surely mean being exposed to the mockery of the whole Fellowship..."

The Might giggled at Legate's words and posted this picture:

Oddwen sighed and went off to put on the coffee machine, half way there she though about the matters at hand and knew that the realy truth was this:

"Bilbo gives away hats on his birthday, but Meneltarmacil(tm) is ungrateful."

Beregond looked at the dictionary and wondered what could "Meneltarmacil" mean. Then he looked in the window and gasped. The thing he saw was this:

The 1,000 Reader saw that it wouldn't be easy, but with some political accuracy managed to finish the game with this phrase:

"No hobbit would forget the dragon that showed up during Flatfoot Proudfoot's birthday in 2019."

Thank you all and do come again!

Last edited by Volo; 05-24-2007 at 04:38 AM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:41 AM   #331
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
That was hilarious!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:48 AM   #332
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Indeed it was.

Whoever mods the next round, I would like to draw again if possible. Maybe I can even find my pencils by then.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:57 AM   #333
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thumbs up

Ha, wonderful! I must say, I like very much Hookbill's interpretation of "outrageous requests". Though, something like this could have been expected...
Old 05-24-2007, 05:15 AM   #334
Volo

I would like to be in the next game, if somebody wants to mod. Should we try the two part double game that was held once?

Either role is fine with me.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:24 AM   #335
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Should we try the two part double game that was held once?
And what is it?

I'd also like to play next game, if anyone wants to mod... or if no one wanted, in the worst case, I could take that burden myself... but only in the worst case
Old 05-24-2007, 05:38 AM   #336
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc
And what is it?
From post #64.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 AM   #337
Lord Melkor
Haunting Spirit

Lord Melkor has just left Hobbiton.
Haha, brilliant game once more people!

I'm up for another game, once again for drawing.
'I am the Elder king: Melkor, first and mightiest of all the Valar, who was before the world, and made it. The shadow of my purpose lies upon Arda, and all that is in it bends slowly and surely to my will.'
Lord Melkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:53 AM   #338
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Oh, thanks. Well, I'd go for it, only I'm afraid if it wouldn't be too long? Of course, the longer, the more fun - and I don't think it will be any problem in appearing twice in the same chain since you wouldn't know what pictures or descriptions were between your two turns - but the way the last one went, it might take as well half a year to do something like that... It would probably need everyone to really post on time, mainly for the mod's sake, because not everyone can really 100% check the Downs for several months every two or three days...

Anyway, I'd like to participate in the next game as well, if there will be a place (though if someone who is new or wasn't here for long wanted to join and there weren't enough space, I might skip this turn), and if someone wants to mod, of course. If no one wanted, I could eventually take this burden myself, but it would be really only in the worst case...
Old 05-24-2007, 09:01 AM   #339
Volo

The rule of posting on time was forgotten... I think it's usually two days and then you're changed with somebody (if you don't inform about being late on time and beg for mercy, that is).
Old 05-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #340
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Boots

That was probably the best one yet!
Aganzir's picture really made me laugh. And I love how Smaug turned into Meneltarmacil.

If no one else will mod, I will. The list of folks who have said they will play:

Aganzir
Volo
Legate of Amon Lanc
Lord Melkor
Old 05-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #341
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

I'll play again too! That was great! Drawing or writing, whatever is needed.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #342
xyzzy
Haunting Spirit

xyzzy is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Ooh, I did one of these on another forum.

Will sign up.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:04 PM   #343
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Maybe write next...
Anyway, interesting how the dragon became Meneltarmacil, and Beorn became a Hobbit
Too bad the pics are more or less constant this time...
Old 05-24-2007, 04:40 PM   #344
Gil-Galad

i would like to write again till i feel more comfortable drawing...
Old 05-24-2007, 05:32 PM   #345
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
Can I write?
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #346
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I'd love to play again, but only if I'll be done with my part before June 19th. (I leave the country for a month then and probably won't be online much during that time.)

The building permit Smaug holds and the background from my picture are both photos I took when my family had our house remodeled last fall--we had to keep the permit posted on our front door, and the other picture is of our bathroom with all the walls, flooring, and plumbing ripped out.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:15 AM   #347
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'd love to play again and would prefer drawing, unless there is (there are? ) a serious lack of writers.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:14 AM   #348
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Looks like we are ready to go. If you want to join in, you can.

0 Hookbill - Write
Aganzir - Draw
Volo - Write
Legate of Amon Lanc - Draw
Lord Melkor - Write
Beregond - Draw
xyzzy - Write

Thinlomien - Draw
Gil-Galad - Write
The 1,000 Reader - Write
The Might - Draw
The Elf-warrior - Write
Orominuialwen - Draw

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 05-28-2007 at 03:35 PM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 02:20 AM   #349
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You have two writes in a row Hookbill.
"And forth went Morgoth, and he was halted by the elves. Then went Sauron, who was stopped by a dog and then aged men. Finally, there came the Witch-King, who destroyed Arnor, but nobody seems to remember that."

-A History of Villains
Old 05-26-2007, 05:56 AM   #350
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 1,000 Reader
You have two writes in a row Hookbill.
Well spotted. You win a cake.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:38 PM   #351
Gil-Galad

uh i asked to write this game... or else you want a terrible drawing that would take a long time...
Old 05-26-2007, 01:53 PM   #352
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Sorry Giles, I shall change it...

Happy now?
Old 05-27-2007, 08:11 PM   #353
The Elf-warrior
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Elf-warrior is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via Skype™ to The Elf-warrior
Tolkien

I'd like to write again.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:37 PM   #354
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up Aaah!!

Sorry, I've messed things up a bit on the list. I may need to change some people's roles. If you have major objections do tell me.

Hookbill - Write
Aganzir - Draw
Volo - Write
Legate of Amon Lanc - Draw
Lord Melkor - Write
Beregond - Draw
xyzzy - Write
Thinlomien - Draw
Gil-Galad – Write
Orominuialwen - Draw
The 1,000 Reader – Write
The Might - Draw
The Elf-warrior - Write

Last edited by Hookbill the Goomba; 06-10-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Hookbill the Goomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:28 PM   #355
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Should Gil change places with someone?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:35 PM   #356
Volo

You sure you even sent the message to Gil? Eh, Hookbill? It's been a week and still Gil is highlighted...
Old 06-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #357
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Sorry, my mistake. I forgot to change it.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:14 PM   #358
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Might I ask how are we doing? How many people yet to go? *is anxious*

Old 06-07-2007, 03:16 PM   #359
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Orominuialwen has the ball. But I'm going to send another Email as a reminder...
Old 06-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #360
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oddwen finished her pic, and I have sent my sentence.

-A History of Villains