The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2007, 11:04 AM   #161
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Oh, and that I have no spite towards Mith. (I don't know where that idea came from, actually...?)
Game spite not RL.... spite vote =voting to lynch someone who has challenged you

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:04 PM   #162
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Tomorrow (RL) is a pretty broken day for me. I'll be around in the beginning and at least try to get a chance to read all that happens during the Day.

The last 5-6 hours of the Day we share the same computer with Lommy (& need to cook and eat and...). So we will both be there in the end but only one at the time.

Hopefully neither of us posts with another's name and avvie this time...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:28 PM   #163
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Just a quick question...

If I for some reason miss the next vote, will I be thrown out? I'm only asking because it's looking like it may be a while before I get a fully functioning computer again. I'm still having to borrow some for half hour periods at the most or at university.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #164
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Personally, I would turn a blind eye for you. What do the others say?

Best throw your vote in as soon as possible, just so that it is there. If you'll have the possibility later, you can still retract.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:41 PM   #165
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
Personally, I would turn a blind eye for you. What do the others say?

Best throw your vote in as soon as possible, just so that it is there. If you'll have the possibility later, you can still retract.
Thanks, sir.
I should be getting a new computer tomorrow, but you know what the Royal Mail is like, sometimes good, sometimes bad.
Until then, I'll try my best...
Old 03-01-2007, 02:43 PM   #166
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Mac is right. Just vote when you have a chance for it (I do hope you can even skim something through before you vote) and retract later if you can and feel you should.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:51 PM   #167
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Posting ToDay will be difficult for me. I may not be able to get on at all except for now. There's a chance of getting on at school, but the school monitors block the WW thread somewhat randomly.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #168
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Ah...I had a feeling this would happen.....Like I said, I knew I'd be really busy. My school is in the midst of holding our annual Music Fest so I'v been really busy helping out with that and performing and thus had absolutely no time (until tonight in fact) to get on to post.

Anyway, explanation done. Have fun with the rest of the game everyone and good luck Mac.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:15 PM   #169
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Due to blizzards my internet and power have been going on and off all day. So I'm going to keep my posts very short, so excuse me if I seem to be flooding the thread or if I disappear for a few hours altogether.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #170
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Macalaure, do not think that I am criticising, but would it not be better to simply say 'Deadline' and who is lynched without revealing their identity just in case of cross posting?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:10 PM   #171
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

^Agreed. You can edit it in after checking cross-posting and waiting two minutes.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #172
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Equivocation.

I used to put up deadlines then post outcome later with death scene, however I have to invoke the Divine Right of Moderators to arrange things as suits them. And of course it is nice to know more quickly than a death scene can be written - though you lose the suspense....

Old 03-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #173
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The funny thing is, I told myself to just post 'deadline' first and then enter the name shortly after, but each time I was so emotionally involved in following the game, that I forgot!

I promise to better.

PS: I never liked it that much when mods wait to post the role-reveal til they have the narration finished. Sometimes that takes somewhat longer and sometimes I even had to go to bed not knowing whether the lynched person was guilty or not.
This way, I can take all the time I need to write down the narration (and fight with creative block) without having people waiting impatiently.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:48 AM   #174
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hmm...the funny thing is that before I even put in my vote, I predicted I would be lynched. I just get bad feelings about these things and they tend to be accurate. Oh well, what a great end to a terrible day! (I am currently stuck overnight alone in a Seattle airport..pfft) I only wish I could've been there at the end of the Day.

Anyways, I've enjoyed my first experience of WW and would love to do this again. Hopefully I've learned something after my horrible newbie playing. I'm only slightly disappointed how horrible my timing is. It only figures I get lynched the Day before I have all the time in the world to devote to WW.

Anyways, good luck to all you innocents! I shall go and enjoy my spring break (once I get out of this darned airport...)
Old 03-03-2007, 04:42 PM   #175
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
About toDay

I must unfortunately leave and vote very early, since I'm going back home (where there is no net access, as I think you all already know). I'll leave around 1.30 PM my time so it's 11.30 AM GMT, I guess.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 PM   #176
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am going to step in and intercede before this gets way out of hand. I do not know exactly what incited these responses, from what I gather there was a rather harsh seeming post in the game thread (which I haven't been following due to a lack of time). I am reminded of past problems over 'styles of play' and remind you all to look at the wonderful post that The Saucepan Man wrote up when he was moderator over the Mirth section. I stand behind what was said and request all parties involved to calm down and remember that this is a game in which we are to have fun not criticize others for the way they play.

I am by no means playing blame on a single source and in my experience it's usually both sides that share some amount, regardless I would recommend that everyone continue to play in the game. I will be deleting the posts previous to this that are about the subject at hand.

Mac, I trust that you will inform me if there are any future problems.

Oh and if people still want to withdraw from the game please post it anew though I would request that you consider the time and effort Mac has put into this game before you do so.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #177
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Not again...

I managed to see some of the posts here scantily as Lommy was using the computer and thence have an idea what it was all about.

Please people! It's a game and games should be enjoyed! They should be fun!

PS. Morm if you think this is inapproppriate, feel free to delete this too. I just felt I needed to say this out aloud even if I see that discussion about this is discouraged (which I duly understand why).
Old 03-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #178
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Ahem

I count 4 votes for Spm and 2 for me.

Though you've revealed my role so there's no point in me living anyway. Sigh...
Old 03-04-2007, 03:11 PM   #179
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

What shall I do now?

When it was 3 for each, Lalaith, tgwbs and Saucepan, I misread Lalaiths retraction and made it 4 tgwbs, 3 Lalaith and 2 Saucepan instead of 4 Saucepan, 3 Lalaith and 2 tgwbs.

I won't post the things I'm calling myself right now...

Suggestions what to do now?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:12 PM   #180
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I count 4 votes for Spm and 2 for me.

Though you've revealed my role so there's no point in me living anyway. Sigh...
I did the same counting...

Happily we agreed on maths even this once!
Old 03-04-2007, 03:13 PM   #181
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Well, as my role's out, we may as well leave it as me dying, I suppose.

P.s. Don't sweat. As Hookbill said, we all make mistakes. Have a jelly baby, if one is near you.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:15 PM   #182
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Suggestions what to do now?
Well as tgwbs is revealed you can't put him back to the game and any compensations would be pretty unfair (putting in a new Faithful or something).

I guess we just have to accept that the modfire burnt tgwbs for his inexcrutable reasons and the problem for the villagers remain whether Spm is a duck or a dove...

I don't see any other viable alternative right now which would not be unfair as well.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #183
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm really sorry for that messy retraction. You can blame me if you like. Pelt me with jellybabies.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #184
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Well, although it obviously favours me, I can't see any alternative to sticking with the position as it is, namely that TGWBS gets lynched.

Either that or all three of us get lynched in a dramatic triple lynching.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:17 PM   #185
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Maybe the Saucepan Man falls into the Sea or something. Or starts an argument and ends up in a sticky situation involving... I don't know... glue.

Either that or let the Lord Pan off the hook.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #186
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Given that so many ordos have fallen by the wayside..it may just have made things fairer - but not for TGWBS of course...

Old 03-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #187
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I agree ^ I was heading for a lynch anyway.

Though seeing as I wasn't technically lynched, can I have a weird, interesting death scene as compensation? Involving giant amphibious porcupines?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:18 PM   #188
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Still doesn't beat the quadruple lynch in my game, so I have no qualms about seeing three times the death and destruction.

Edit: Haha, cross posting on the admin thread!
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:19 PM   #189
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well I don't mind either, if that's what Mac decides is fairest. We can all face death by jellybaby.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #190
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Well, it was only a light-hearted suggestion, but I would not object, if Mac decides that is best.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #191
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Just to be clear, I was agreeing to just killing me off. It seems unfair to kill a quarter of the village on my behalf.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:21 PM   #192
Mänwe
Shade of Carn Dûm

Mänwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Mänwe
I believe it would be a possible quadruple killing seeing as I believe I have now missed two voting sessions. Even if I didn't withdraw. Sheer carnage!
- (Letter #124 To Sir Stanley Unwin)
Mänwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #193
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

We have now 11 players 2 gifted 3 wolves. While I have been gunning to lynch SPM and Lal... I think we should leave things and just carry on.....

Old 03-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #194
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Well, since the role is revealed, I obviously can't put Jay back in. Lalaith has offered me to be killed alongside him (and somebody else whose identity will remain confidential suggested this, too), but I don't think that would be a good solution.

A triple lynch would be spectacular, but it would be spectacle only due to mod incompetence.

I think I'm going to let it be as it is now.

I'm so sorry, Jay.

edit: crossed with a lot.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #195
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Could the porcupines get Manwe too?

I can see this as an interesting scene. An invasion of giant porcupines, forcing villagers and Faithful to come together temporarily to fend them off. Manwe and I die defending the village... Seems good to me.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:23 PM   #196
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I was kidding, too (mostly, hehe) about the mass carnage. I love a good long game.

Wow, I wish the game thread had been this active all Day.

Edit: Hilarity, TGWBS!
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #197
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I don't mind (much), really. As I said, we all make mistakes. You don't even have to do the porcupines if they dont fit in with the tone of the village...
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #198
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Narya Apology

Well, I have just arrived - I apologize for missing this day but I had no idea I wouldn't get back home at all, as I had to help with some things to friends. Seems I missed quite a lot.

(Dives deep into the thread and tries to find, WHAT THE VALINOR IS GOING ON IN HERE)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #199
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Question

So, do I get another seven lives now ...?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #200
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

No but you may get called Rasputin.....

Or the Teflon SaucepanMan