The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2007, 11:46 AM   #81
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I think if I want Nerwen in the running, I have to do it myself, before adding a new candidate is totally out. If she turns out innocent, I'll definately be looking at Lommy as a possible wolf. As I said, I don't find The Might suspicious. I don't see any point in voting for Morm now - there just isn't enough to go on - and I think that knowing the role of Nerwen will shed more light on the Lommy question, while the opposite might not be true.

++Nerwen

EDIT: X'd with Lommy

Last edited by Rikae; 11-30-2007 at 11:49 AM. Reason: bolding names
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:48 AM   #82
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
What is this aggression thing? You're honestly really making me confused...

Concerning his vote: TM seems unlikely wolf for doing that kind of tricks, but I don't really grasp why would he be that non-helpful and suicidal as an innocent...

edit: xed with Rikae's vote... now there's a lynch candidate I could support but it all looks too easy if you know what I mean...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #83
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hey, hey, wait! I can't refresh as fast as the posts appear!

Looks like the votes appear. Good that they do. Bad that I don't think they are aimed the right way. A few words to the newly appeared lynch subjects:

The Might seems a little bit fishy in general, but certainly not just because of his "I will lynch this kind of people" comment. People seem to jump at this, and only at this, constantly without, as it seems to me, taking into account other things he said. I am not saying it's not a good comment for a wolf. But TM acted similarly in the last game, and I don't think it's okay to base all the suspicion of his on this.

Lommy, as I said before, does not seem in any way wolfy to me this far. If the quarrel between her and Nerwen is a wolf-ordo fight, then maybe I would be more convinced that Nerwen is the wolf and Lommy is the ordo. Though I don't want to speculate about it already. Nerwen may be a little more defensive than normally, but who knows. Though concerning Nerwen, there is one thing I would like to mention further - wait a moment and you'll see below.

Morm. Well, funnily enough, if I had to pick a vote among the three named, I would probably pick him. But mainly because that I consider the other two less possible of being guilty than him. Maybe I am subconsciously influenced by all people saying "morm is dangerous, morm is dangerous" all the time in all the WW games, though I believe I have personally never played with morm (or at least don't remember it, which would mean he did not leave any special impression on me). Otherwise, what he says generally sounds more or less reasonable. But there is something about him that really makes me feel... displeased, that's the word.

EDIT: X-ed since The Might
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:49 AM   #84
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Yes, I know. Believe or not, and think what you will, but I actually thought that slight contradiction when making that post but decided to say exactly what I said anyway. It would have been a very long ramble if I had commented those two statements' relation to each other. But still, they're different things, really and I do not think there's any problem with having those two opinions at the same time.
...What?

Quote:
Helpful? Nice to hear that. Stirring up mess and confusion? I might be doing that, but not intentionally...
I said "put up a front of being helpful."
Old 11-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #85
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

I do agree, however, that we should avoid lynching more than one today.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:55 AM   #86
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
There was definately a sense of Lommy going after Nerwen, pointing out her defensiveness and making her more defensive in the process. I've been at the other end of those sorts of tactics, and it's difficult to emerge unscathed. However, it could also be an instance of good wolf-hunting on Lommy's part. I found Nerwen suspicious to begin with, but at this point, it's difficult to sort out whether her continued suspicious behavior is provoked or real. Not just wolves, but some innocents, behave that way when backed into a corner.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #87
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, hope that at maximum two people will x-post with me.

About Nerwen. Her vote does not seem too okay, given that she votes a person with whom she had some quarrels earlier. But that's not the main thing. What I wanted to mention was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Besides, [Rikae] got lynched the first Day last game!
What's that got to do with anything?

If you think she's a wolf you should vote for her regardless of other considerations.
And her response:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Of course. That was a joke!
Now I think Kuru's argument is not valid. One can base his voting on whether f.ex. he does not want to vote a newbie who is playing first day in his first game, or other similar reasons like that one - I'm saying that because people generally DO that, just look around even here and today! But in that case, what really puzzles me, is Nerwen's reaction. I don't think there is any reason why she should not stand behind her opinion. Was that really a joke from the start? Or did a wolf-Nerwen realise that what she said is suspicious and decided to cover it?

Whatever the case, when I mentioned Kuru. He is one whose behavior I don't really like toDay. His one-liner comments make me think of an evil sinister little dwarf (something like Mim) sitting in a corner and always adding his comments in a squeaky voice. The comments he makes are not really creatively entering the discussion, rather are pointing at other people without the one who says them actually bringing himself in the spotlight. I need to look through his posts more carefully, but I really don't like his behavior.

EDIT: x-ed with Rikae and, now you see a nice illustration, two of these "one-liners" (though at least the second one does not look that bad on first sight as some of them do).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #88
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Lommy - others already noted she contradicts herself a lot. I think a self-contradicting Lommy is an innocent Lommy.

Legate - not sure, but tending slightly towards innocent

Aganzir - spoke sense, though only once

Menel - didn't say much.. appears innocent.. we'll see

Volo - innocent by consensus? Anyway, I think I overlooked his post #42. I'm less suspicious of him now. A good reread does miracles, sometimes.

The Might - confused, very confused. However, confused is not the same as suspicious. I'm tending towards innocent.

morm - not much apart from suspecting Lommy for being self-contradicting, no idea

Fea - genuine, could be anything, hopefully we'll see more tomorrow

Brinn - speaks sense, unspectacular

Sally - is present, but doesn't add much. Slightly suspicious

Farael - mute. I'm against lynching him. It's not fun if they can't scream.

A Little Green - makes me slightly uneasy, but even though she knows the game, she's still a newbie here, so she won't get my vote today

Nerwen - I reread her posts and she still seems not only more defensive than "usual", but more tense - consistently. In #61 she urges us to reread and reconsider. Very sensible, but also very smart to say when you're among the most-suspected. The idea of Lommy threatening her is very far-fetched.

Valier - her "lynch the quiet ones who have no excuse" is worrisome, but that's all I can find

Kath - I disagree with her vote for the Might. Yes, she had little time, but still voting for a person who merely "caught her eye" is a suspicious thing.

Rikae - very involved. If she's a wolf, she's certainly not afraid to slip. Only few players are more vocal when they're guilty.

Shasta - Shasta?

Kuru - no red flags here - as grumpy as I recall him

That's way too many people looking innocent. I would only be comfortable with a vote for Nerwen or Kath at the moment.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #89
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Hey, hey, wait! I can't refresh as fast as the posts appear!
I agree...it's been awhile since I've seen so much posting on Day 1. And having to come and go with classes, I can't keep up!

I'm feeling a tad rushed because I have to go in about forty minutes, so I must vote fairly soon. But I'll try to make my thoughts as clear as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
It seems like I'm the only one suspicious of Volo today.
No, actually I feeling there's something fishy about him too. I can't quite grasp what it is, more of a gut feeling than anything. I don't think I would vote for him toDay though, because one, I'm unsure, and two, I don't want to spread the votes out any more. But if I have time, I'll go back and take a better look at his posts.

I'm not sure what to think of The Might now. Reading post #69, I became entirely suspicious of the "don't lynch me because I'm unique" argument. But then he went off and did a suicide vote...which makes me think he's now just giving up. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think a wolf would give up so easily like that...

I find Valier's vote to be a bit odd. Mainly because I can't see what's so suspicious about morm.

Nerwen's vote is probably the one I find most suspicious, though. Rikae mentions she's considering Lommy as a possibility, and Nerwen responds saying, "Try this," followed by an attack and vote on Lommy. It seems like she was just looking for a window of opportunity, and grabbed it once Rikae offered. It actually wouldn't be so suspicious if Nerwen expressed slight suspicions, but instead she jumps down so hard on Lommy, I can't help but find it odd.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:30 PM   #90
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Anyway, it's good practice to lynch Fea on Day 1 as she generally only causes problems the later it goes.
I could so easily say the same about you, morm. I was a wolf with you in the past. We were really good wolves. Ergo, I know you're a really good wolf who doesn't come off as wolf-like. My logic is usually this: Say it's the last day and it's me, mormegil, and some other random player. Neither seems any more or less innocent than the other. I know I'm innocent. I KNOW I'm not going to have any idea who to vote for. So my 'strategy,' if you want to call it that, is, when in doubt, to lynch somebody who I know will cause me doubt later. If I have a definite suspicion, I vote for the person I think is guilty. But if I don't know who to vote for, instead of lynching at random, I vote for somebody I know is going to complicate my decision-making later on. Does that make sense? Should I try to rephrase it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I don't agree with Fea, but her pessimism seems genuine.
I'm not sure whether or not I should take this as a compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
Hmmm...I'm curious to see what will happen, so I'll go ahead and do it:

++ The Might

for being so out of the ordinary.
What!?!??!

Okay, my immediate thoughts about this are:

I remember, I think, voting for myself when I was a wolf. Bluffing, as it were. Being suicidal as a way to throw people off. "No wolf would sacrifice herself!" If my memory is false, I know a true memory was me saying "I'm a wolf. Lynch me." and being truthful in that statement.

In any case, it was a bluff tactic.

Next thought: Voting for yourself is a ballsy thing to do in terms of personal education and education for the group.

What happens is, whether or not you live, the village is handed the perfect setup to study the bandwagon approach. It's REALLY easy for any wolf (or any innocent) to say "He's obviously a bluffing wolf and even if he's not, his insanity is dangerous to the village!" and start the voting.

From there, everybody can see who says and does what. Voting for yourself/declaring yourself as something is an excellent way (I've used it in the past) of gaging what's going on.

My hat's off to you, The Might, for taking initiative and giving the village some controversy to work with.

Here's how I'm going to react to The Might's suicide vote:

I'm going to ask people to make public what they think about it. Tell us how you feel about such a thing occurring. What's your opinion of day one suicide votes?

I happen to think he's innocent and going for the "Let's see whether or not people take advantage so we can study it later" approach. Only I'm stupid enough to do something like actually be guilty and admit it day one. I think.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:33 PM   #91
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
I will be lurking around most of the evening, reading what people have to say, before I make a decision on who to vote for.
I can see a wolf thinking this, but I can't see a wolf saying this. Thereby Valier leans more to the innocent side, if you ask me.

Even though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
But please I beg you...give me more time to help this village out, I am sure my feelings eventually will lead us to at least one of our furry friends.
This seems a bit vulgar of her. Everybody who's played with her she knows she truly has incredible hunches, but that kind of self-advertisement seems slightly furry. But that is not enough to make me really suspect her, I'd just like to point it out.

Fea's tone and attitude seem innocent, but I know very well she's able to fake it all...

Legate's nogrodish teacherly attitude (like Rikae phrased it) looks somewhat troublesome, but he hasn't really said or done anything I'd regard as suspicious, so I'm not really concerned about him at the moment.

Of those I've named as my suspects: I still think Brinn's first post is suspicious but her latter posts don't give me any reason to suspect her. Like I've said before, I would not like to vote Little Green today, especially now that she has started to make more sense.

I reread Nerwen too. Her earlier posts that used to make me suspicious seem quite normal to me now, but her later posts (starting from #68) seem suspicious. However I have a bad feeling I might be totally wrong about her... It's the feeling that it all looks to easy to be correct. I don't mean Nerwen's overtly wolvish (for she isn't) but if this suspicion of mine turned out to be true it would be all too easy and simple in a way (I really can't explain, it's just an unfomfortable feeling).

I think I might vote Nerwen today - she seems definitely most suspicious of those voted this far. I might be persuaded to vote someone else as, though, just as long as we don't end up with a multiple lynch.

Like I've said several times before, I really don't see why Nerwen and Rikae are accusing me of aggressiveness. It's odd of them and maybe even suspicious. But as the've both voted they might not be around to explain it to me right now so it may have to wait until tomorrow (provided, of course, that any of us is still alive).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggy
If I say the whole village, then it doesn't mean I am talking about everyone.
That was just too funny a comment. Quite an extraordinary flip-flop.

EDIT: xed with everyone since Kuru's double post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:40 PM   #92
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I have to disappoint you, Fea. TM's self-vote is 99% inspired by behaviour he saw at Rikae in the last (his first) game. She voted herself on Day 1 and got subsequently lynched, and revealed innocent.

Of course, this raises questions like - is he innocent? Or, is he a wolf hoping people to remember that the last person they lynched like that was innocent, thus, they won't lynch him? Personally, I would expect the former from him. So, I'd think that is an innocentish behaviour for him.

EDIT: x-ed with Lommy
Old 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #93
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Double Post

So I just missed the fact that there was a third page while I was posting.

So more thoughts on what I missed while freezing in class:

Only partially related to the game: I really want everyone to get out a thesaurus and look up different words for 'defensive.' That word's as worn out as the adjective 'fresh' in a poetry workshop. Of COURSE everybody's defensive. People are accusing them, whether directly or implicitly, of being evil. If they aren't, they don't want to die and have the wolves win. If they are, they don't want to die and have the village win. Either way, nobody's going to invite accusations. Except apparently The Might.

Quote:
Now I think Kuru's argument is not valid. One can base his voting on whether f.ex. he does not want to vote a newbie who is playing first day in his first game, or other similar reasons like that one - I'm saying that because people generally DO that, just look around even here and today! But in that case, what really puzzles me, is Nerwen's reaction. I don't think there is any reason why she should not stand behind her opinion. Was that really a joke from the start? Or did a wolf-Nerwen realise that what she said is suspicious and decided to cover it?

Whatever the case, when I mentioned Kuru. He is one whose behavior I don't really like toDay. His one-liner comments make me think of an evil sinister little dwarf (something like Mim) sitting in a corner and always adding his comments in a squeaky voice. The comments he makes are not really creatively entering the discussion, rather are pointing at other people without the one who says them actually bringing himself in the spotlight. I need to look through his posts more carefully, but I really don't like his behavior.
Huh?

Are you saying that Kuru saying to lynch wolves is... not valid?

I just got so incredibly confused.

---

My thoughts on not killing newbies on Day One:

I have no weird affection for them. Like... okay, that was badly phrased.

The reason I want to let them live isn't because I want them to have time to enjoy the game or because I feel guilty for prematurely ending their gaming careers.

I think we should leave the newbies around because I think they're a lot more likely to make mistakes as the game progresses and wolf-stress levels rise.

---

Quote:
I have to disappoint you, Fea. TM's self-vote is 99% inspired by behaviour he saw at Rikae in the last (his first) game. She voted herself on Day 1 and got subsequently lynched, and revealed innocent.
I'm not saying TM was emulating me. Just that I'd done something similar in the past when I was guilty. Just that, whether 'younger' players know it or not, there's precedent for a wolf to play a suicide card.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:43 PM   #94
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Question

Vote summary, mostly so I don't have to scroll through to find them all.

Might: 2
Lommy: 1
Morm: 1
Nerwen: 1

For some reason I bumped into Morm this morning and I thought he felt a little fuzzy. Call it a hunch, but for now that'll have to do, being day one and all. I certainly don't see Might as a furry fiend and thus I'm voting, in a way, to save him. Not really, but I'd rather take my chances among the other three votees (Lommy, Morm, and Nerwen, who I will discuss in greater detail later if I get the opportunity) and hope to find a werewolf in their midst than allow someone to perish whom I sincerely believe to be innocent. If nothing else, if Might does perish I will be sure it was not by my hand. And so my vote must go towards....

++Morm

By the way, great posts today! Hopefully I can check in before deadline. Hopefully.... *scampers off to class*

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 11-30-2007 at 12:47 PM. Reason: forgot to bold. also added a side note
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:44 PM   #95
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Valier seems far too concerned trying to save herself. The way I understood her posts was that since I usually suspect her and have been sucessful in the past, for better and wose, at getting her lynched she better kill me off. The remaining posts seem to be designed to keep her alive, too much so for me to think her an ordo. Call in knee-jerk if you wish but she seems most suspicious based on that.

++Valier

Lommy seems a bit contradictory but I'm not sure if she's suspicious. I don't trust anybody who votes for themselves so the Might seems reasonably suspicious too. Volo give me the gut feeling of guilty and not only for his first post but he seems a bit frazzeled and that he is trying to be visible and helpful.

Kuru, me wanting to lynch Fea is akin to me wanting to lynch Kath...it's based on principle not reason.

Rikae seems innocent enough for now as does Mac
Old 11-30-2007, 12:49 PM   #96
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Agh...you beat me to the punch, Legate. I was about to say the same exact thing.

It's always possible for a wolf to make a self-vote, but it's very risky. I kind of doubt a Were-Might would take such risks, especially since he is not exactly safe. But then again, it could be a desperate attempt to divert attention from him, reminding people of last game and not to make the same mistake. Anything is possible.

Well, I certainly don't want to make the same mistake that was made last game if he does turn out innocent. Right now, it's a toss-up to me whether Might is a wolf. I don't want to put him out of the picture, but at the same time I don't want to vote for him toDay. If he's still looking odd toMorrow, I will certainly look more closely at him.

Btw, I have to vote in a couple of minutes...

EDIT: X-ed with three people
Old 11-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #97
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Kuru, me wanting to lynch Fea is akin to me wanting to lynch Kath...it's based on principle not reason.
Just so everybody knows: I take no offense to morm trying to kill me. We have a long history of this sort of thing. I want him dead too.

Speaking of that, and more importantly: because he voted for Valier and I don't think he should have,

++Morm
Old 11-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #98
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Huh?

Are you saying that Kuru saying to lynch wolves is... not valid?

I just got so incredibly confused.
No, I am saying that his opinion that people should not take into account whether f.ex. the person is a newbie or was lynched on Day 1 in the last game is not valid. Because people do, normally, and you yourself now proved that when you said your opinion on that.
I'm getting the feeling that your wits are somewhat sleepy, because you obviously are not catching what I am writing (no offence, it just seems to me like that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I'm not saying TM was emulating me. Just that I'd done something similar in the past when I was guilty. Just that, whether 'younger' players know it or not, there's precedent for a wolf to play a suicide card.
I was not thinking you were. I was simply explaining the origins of his behavior, so that you (and others who haven't played in that game) know.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:51 PM   #99
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
One thing maybe worth bringing forward, maybe not: to me it seems that Lommy is protecting Greenie. It can be understood, since she must be very excited to see her play at last and doesn't wish her to die too soon, but anyway.

Post #47.
It could be taken as a warning: "That was not a good move, do something else." Also it looks like Lommy's taking a little distance to Greenie, maybe in case she'll get lynched. I think it doesn't look genuine.
At the end, Lommy states that as Greenie is a newbie, it's possible that Lommy's mistaken and that's only her style to play. Or that she should be given a chance. Or whatever. The main point is that although Greenie has said something slightly suspicious, she shouldn't be lynched yet.

(is bolded by me, as it was italized in the original post)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Lommy, though... She does seem very genuine, no doubt. She hasn't given me any reason for suspicion as yet. However, I'm afraid that if she is a wolf, she'll pass unnoticed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Because of the continuous accusations on Valier, I read through her post again. Nothing too suspicious there, except maybe for this a little unnerving phrase: If Valier is a wolf, that would be a perfect guise. If, as a wolf, she finds nothing too "suspicious" about anyone, she can just rely on voting for a quiet person.
Otherwise I don't find Valier exceptionally wolf-ish. Besides, I have the impression that she is an experienced player. If so, she would probably not post a phrase like that as a wolf.
This may be a small, insignificant thing, but anyway: I don't like this emphasizing of words very much. It's so.. "In the very improbable case that they are wolves... I don't actually think they are but if they happened to be..." Ok. Mentioning two of her fellow wolves in a slightly suspecting tone in order to look good if either of them is lynched later on? But that would be quite risky, and I'm not sure if Greenie would do that. Unless she thought everybody would think it too obvious for any wolf to do.

Considering Valier herself, she looks quite neutral to me. However, if a certain person(s) turned out to be a wolf, I'd look at her very carefully.

I wouldn't be surprised to find at least one wolf among these three. I'm still wary about Nerwen though, and I'm most probably going to vote for one of these toDay.
I think voting for Might now is more like throwing away one's vote. I don't think he's a wolf - at least I remember that when I was a (newbie) wolf I was so very, very afraid of getting lynched on Day 1 that I wouldn't believe a newbie wolf would act like he has. Though everybody plays differently, I must admit.

edit: xed since Mac
Old 11-30-2007, 12:55 PM   #100
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I'm getting the feeling that your wits are somewhat sleepy, because you obviously are not catching what I am writing (no offence, it just seems to me like that).
My wits are distracted. I just found out that I got into an extremely competitive program I applied to. My school offers a class third term where my painting teacher takes seven students (chosen based on ability, application questionnaire, and the opinion of four NYC based artists) to live and work in Brooklyn. I was trying to read/comprehend while dancing a very excited happy dance.

Quote:
I was not thinking you were. I was simply explaining the origins of his behavior, so that you (and others who haven't played in that game) know.
Okeydokey.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #101
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I don't particularly like morm's retorting vote for Valier, but still, I don't think it's suspicious enough to lynch him.

I have to vote now:

++Nerwen

For reasons I stated earlier.

Anyways, I have to go now. But I do think everyone will agree when I say let's avoid a double or triple lynching toDay. I remember last time that happened on Day 1. It was disasterous.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:21 PM   #102
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

I think the newbie/veteran discussion is in its own way less helpful than the quiet/loud discussion. At least the quiet/loud discussion is focusing on the actions (or lack thereof) of the players and not how long they’ve been around. I don’t think how long a player has been around has anything to do with what one should do at all. I meant it when I said that if somebody thinks another player is acting like a wolf then you should vote for them regardless of other considerations.

Nice selection of candidates at the moment…nice and dangerous for a double lynching…

*makes notes about who started voting for who when*

We might find wolves among those who are spreading out lynching danger among multiple targets.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:38 PM   #103
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Aaaargh someone please enlighten me on what's so overly suspicious about morm? I reread his posts and found nothing too alarming there.

Lommy is still a big questionmark. I don't really know what to think about her. She has been contradicting herself, but then, she's always doing that so I wouldn't draw any conclusions on that. She seems quite innocent at the moment, but there is something about her brisk organising manner. I'll be keeping an eye on her.

The Might's self-vote struck me as odd. I would say that it was more the behaviour of a frustrated innocent than of a plotting wolf.

Nerwen seems probably the most suspicious of those who have received votes. Or, the least non-suspicious
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:42 PM   #104
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Responding to Fea's request: TM's self vote leaves me a little bit with the impression of a tantrum. He's suspected, he doesn't understand why, he's upset. I certainly understand the feeling, don't get me wrong, but I still don't really understand why he then acted his frustration out. Anyway, because of this tantrum-feeling I get, I very much doubt he's guilty, since a wolf, though he doesn't enjoy it, expects to be suspected and receive votes.

Good points by Lommy and morm against Valier. Still, I'd like to keep her around for at least one more day. I'm putting morm on my "leaning innocent"-list

A vote count, anybody?

Kath -> Might
Nerwen -> Lommy
Valier -> morm
Might -> Might (TM 2, Lommy 1, morm 1)
Rikae -> Nerwen (TM 2, Lommy 1, morm 1, Nerwen 1)
Sally -> morm (TM 2, morm 2, Lommy 1, Nerwen 1)
morm -> Valier (TM 2, morm 2, Lommy 1, Nerwen 1, Valier 1)
Fea -> morm (morm 3, TM 2, Lommy 1, Nerwen 1, Valier 1)
Brin -> Nerwen (morm 3, TM 2, Nerwen 2, Lommy 1, Valier 1)

Looks double-lynch-dangerous. But since nobody wants one and the wolves probably won't dare to initiate one, it could only happen within the last minute voting craze. I would herewith like to disencourage said craze.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:00 PM   #105
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuru
I think the newbie/veteran discussion is in its own way less helpful than the quiet/loud discussion. At least the quiet/loud discussion is focusing on the actions (or lack thereof) of the players and not how long they’ve been around. I don’t think how long a player has been around has anything to do with what one should do at all. I meant it when I said that if somebody thinks another player is acting like a wolf then you should vote for them regardless of other considerations.
I did not spot any newbie/veteran discussion here this far. In fact, the first one who is speculating what effect it has if someone is a newbie (with the response: no effect) is you. If you are thinking about what I was saying about your response to Nerwen (and what Fea was asking then), it was only an illustration I used and I did not speculate about it. So let's not start on that topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Looks double-lynch-dangerous. But since nobody wants one and the wolves probably won't dare to initiate one, it could only happen within the last minute voting craze. I would herewith like to disencourage said craze.
All right. I'm probably voting Nerwen, mainly for the reason stated above (reaction to Kuru, defensiveness, her retaliatory vote). Just at the moment it seems that it would be a double, so I only am checking in if there is at least one more person around now who would vote the same.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:03 PM   #106
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

morm and TM lead the vote, and I'm very loath to see any of the two go. Since I'm tending to think her innocent, I would dislike to vote for Lommy in order to save them. I would prefer Nerwen over Valier. Kath would be an option for me, but adding another name really doesn't make sense anymore.

I think I'm probably going to vote for Nerwen.

(edit: crossed with Legate)
Old 11-30-2007, 02:05 PM   #107
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Brinn and Legate have raised good points about Nerwen.

Fea's try at turning the discussion to The Might's self-vote seemed a bit odd and wolvish at this phase of the Day. But from how well I know her I'm not sure at all if she was only joking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
One thing maybe worth bringing forward, maybe not: to me it seems that Lommy is protecting Greenie.
And I thought I was suspecting her...
We're sharing the computer so if I wanted to advise her, why not be a bit unethical and just tell her instead of making mysterious posts on the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green
Aaaargh someone please enlighten me on what's so overly suspicious about morm? I reread his posts and found nothing too alarming there.
I agree. While he definitely doesn't glow with the light of innocence, he does not seem overtly hairy either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
You're right. I think there's a big bunch of us who want to be there and save their vote until the last moment (not literally last moment but to the say, last 15 minutes of the Day) so they can interfere if a catastrophe is about to take place... and sadly some of us might not have good intentions.

edit: xed with Legate and Mac
Old 11-30-2007, 02:06 PM   #108
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think I could vote for Nerwen toDay, though not yet but a little closer to the deadline. Not too close, however - it will become a total chaos if half the people decide to vote just a few minutes before it.

I don't suspect her very much more than Greenie, but the difference between the two is that Nerwen has gained so much more suspicion toDay that left alive, her presence would distract us from finding the other possible wolves toMorrow.

The things I find most suspicious:
-What I said in my first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
The thing that makes me a little uncertain is how she started behaving after Rikae pointed out something slightly suspicious in her posts. It looks like she tries to get Rikae use her energy in defending & explaining herself, rather than going on suspecting Nerwen. See post #31.
-The following. It's true, but it just seems to me she tries to divert suspicion away from her. Agh, I can't really put my finger on it. It makes me feel uneasy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen in #61
Now I want to say this: the conversation of the last few hours is making me very uneasy. I feel that we're all being directed towards seeing certain types of behaviour as suspicious, when they're not really.
I urge everyone to re-read all the posts as objectively as they can. Ignore what other people (me included) tell you is suspicious– make up your own mind, because someone is trying to make it up for you.
-That joke thing.

edit: xed with husband, Sandman and that Baggins
Old 11-30-2007, 02:07 PM   #109
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I will probably vote Nerwen too, unless some more suspicious candidate emerges... which I don't think is very probable.

edit: xed with Agan
Old 11-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #110
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
We're sharing the computer so if I wanted to advise her, why not be a bit unethical and just tell her instead of making mysterious posts on the thread?
Because Noggie is there?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:13 PM   #111
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Because Noggie is there?
I could have told her while Nogrod was on the balcony destroying his lungs....

I think you Agan had a fair point about Nerwen possibly proving a later distraction. I had not considered that aspect.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:16 PM   #112
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
So let's not start on that topic.
Agreed.

In the Thinlómien vs. Nerwen choice that seems to be the best chance we have to limit the damage and keep us from having a double lynching...I'm inclined to vote against Thinlómien...more because she gives the impression of trying to be too helpful...at least that is the way it looks for me.

But I won't do anything that might lead to a double lynching.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #113
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan View Post
I'm inclined to vote against Thinlómien...more because she gives the impression of trying to be too helpful...at least that is the way it looks for me.
Might you elaborate on that? What helpful or pseudo-helpful have I done that makes you suspect me?
Old 11-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #114
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Even though I'm going to vote for Nerwen in all probability, I really don't like the argument of "possible distraction for the days to come". It's a bad thing to vote for a person on the basis of who is going to cause the most controversy. Controversy isn't distracting, it's good to have around in order to have a lively and productive village.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:19 PM   #115
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay, from the above, it looks like not in the slightest problematic fifty or seventy votes for Nerwen, so I am not afraid any longer to vote for her. Even if all of those who said that were wolves and change their votes, well, at least we will know them all toMorrow. To avoid further confusion,

++Nerwen
Old 11-30-2007, 02:21 PM   #116
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
++Valier

explanation in next post.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:22 PM   #117
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Might you elaborate on that? What helpful or pseudo-helpful have I done that makes you suspect me?
To me its a warning sign when people say a lot that is not terribly coherent and/or self-contradicting.

It can be creating a smoke screen by saying a lot and trying to look helpful.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:26 PM   #118
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Ok, sorry for that. I haven't had time to read the third page at all as I just came late from a film, but I noticed that if I want to have any chance of lynching the person I suspect, I'd have to do it very quickly.

Valier's post #70 is a bit too desperate.

I'm sorry that you had too little time...
Old 11-30-2007, 02:29 PM   #119
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Ok, sorry for that. I haven't had time to read the third page at all as I just came late from a film, but I noticed that if I want to have any chance of lynching the person I suspect, I'd have to do it very quickly.

Valier's post #70 is a bit too desperate.

I'm sorry that you had too little time...
Desparate is a good word to describe her Volo. Thank you.

It seems tied right now between Nerwen and I, then the Might and Valier.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:30 PM   #120
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++ Nerwen

Nerwen-4, morm-3, Might-2, Valier-2, Lommy-1