The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #241
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
"Not much time marine, so listen up. I'm opening the hangar door..."

I can already see the votes flying around like mad. Based on previous suspicion,

++sally

EDIT: x-ed with Mac and Volo. Volo, have you waited a minute, maybe you would have had a reason
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:47 PM   #242
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Furthermore, she claimed that she'll only post "important" posts, and thus opening the way to present a biased picture of what happened so far.
I'm sorry...if you want I could go back and analyse again, this time with all details and posts included. After all, I did take notes on everything; they're on my notepad, if you could see.
I honestly didn't add every little detail because I was tired, and I had already spent enough hours analysing. I don't think it would've change my conclusions at all, though had I left them in. Anyways, doesn't everyone's analysis turned out biased? That's just how it is, I'm afraid.

Okay, I honestly meant to return earlier, but I napped much longer than planned. Anyways, I'm quite sure I'll be voting for Green in a moment; I still find her arguments too fabricated...and she's way too careful.

EDIT: X-ed with last three people
Old 12-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #243
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sally -> morm
Farael -> Rikae
Shasta -> Volo
morm -> Volo (Volo 2, morm 1)
Fea -> Lily (Volo 2, morm 1, Lily 1)
Kath -> Lily (Volo 2, Lily 2, morm 1)
Aganzir -> Lily (Lily 3, Volo 2, morm 1)
Menel -> morm (Lily 3, Volo 2, morm 2)
Volo -> Lily (Lily 4, Volo 2, morm 2)
Legate -> Sally (Lily 4, Volo 2, morm 2, Sally 1)

left: Lommy, Lily, Kath, Brinn, Might

I'd prefer Sally over Lily. But I won't do it without support.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:48 PM   #244
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Since I've made my decision and to avoid a last minute voting frenzy, I'm doing this now:

++A Little Green

EDIT: X-ed with Mac
Old 12-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #245
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, I think three of our wolves are morm, Sally and LiGre. They just form a weird triangle and are all quite suspicious. I could vote for any of them toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
Defend morm? I don't see that. I've said he looks innocent, even a couple of times, but surely if we were "pack-mates" I wouldn't do anyhting that obvious unless it was absolutely vital.
You might, just because of that. Ever heard of double-bluff? Besides, I don't know what you've been thinking, but if you and morm are indeed both wolves, you might even have considered it vital for you to step out and claim he's innocent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
Having no opinion of my own? Well, I admit I have been wary of accusing people, mainly because nothing that has been said in here has convinced me enough to have me believe someone actually guilty. I would feel weird to start accusing people before being certain of their guilt. I suppose I should be content with mere vague suspicions, then. However, I'd feel like being very unfair if I started hot-headedly accusing people based on some gut-feelings or the words X used to say he'll be off for the rest of the day...
Ai! This sounds both all too sincere and all too wolvish at the same time.

A Little Green's defense or herself sounded more sincere than anything she has posted for a while. (That, I'm afraid, isn't very much, though.) I still think it is very probable that she is furry, but I might give her the benefit of doubt for one day and vote morm or Sally instead. Anyway, I think we should lynch some of those three and I'm most definitely going to vote one of them. (Which one, I'm not sure.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
"Now, I don't want my voting for you to come back and make me look wolfish, therefore if you give me a valid reason to avoid voting for you I will take it and look my flip-floppy self.... if not, I will have "proven" that I can't be a wolf by this previous 'advice' post"
I don't quite see the logic here. Why would anyone assume a wolf couldn't have said what I said?

edit: mass xed
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #246
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Then it is decided.

++A Little Green
Old 12-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #247
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Mac! Kath already voted.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-02-2007, 02:52 PM   #248
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
As I promised I am back so 4 Green, 2 Volo and 2 morm
I would have voted for Sally, but as no other votes for her exist, makes little sense. Or will anyone vote too?
Old 12-02-2007, 02:53 PM   #249
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Mac! Kath already voted.
Ooops.

To maintain the appearance of a helpful villager:

Sally -> morm
Farael -> Rikae
Shasta -> Volo
Legate -> Sally (Lily 4, Volo 2, morm 2, Sally 1)
Brinn -> Lily (Lily 5, Volo 2, morm 2, Sally 1)
Mac -> Lily (Lily 6, Volo 2, morm 2, Sally 1)
Old 12-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #250
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Fine. Not much time now, and I very much doubt this is going to be of any significance, but

++ Volo
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #251
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Sally -> morm
Farael -> Rikae
Shasta -> Volo
Legate -> Sally (Lily 4, Volo 2, morm 2, sally 1)
Brinn -> Lily (Lily 5, Volo 2, morm 2, sally 1)
Mac -> Lily (Lily 6, Volo 2, morm 2, sally 1)

So given the remaining votes it looks like it's clearly LiGre (liquor?) today. Only let me voice my pity over the fact that from such a big bandwaggon there is worse to obtain any info about the voters (be she a wolf or not).

And TM, you missed something - the votes are far further now already (and maybe more while I am writing this).

EDIT: x-ed with mac and liquor
Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #252
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well, guess that Sally will live for another Night which quite disturbs me as I suspect her much more then Green at the time.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #253
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Might, look at Mac's vote count. Sally has been voted for, though only once.

EDIT: Xed withLegate, Might
Old 12-02-2007, 02:56 PM   #254
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
No chance of double-lycnhing Sally and Lily anymore, is there? A pity, I would maybe have been willing to risk that...

EDIT: xed with Mig, Leg and Brin
Old 12-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #255
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well I'm back before I thought I would be, and I'm glad I voted earlier. All this cross-voting is quite alarming. At least is doesn't look like we're heading for a double lynch, which we do need to avoid considering Rikae is leaving us toDay.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #256
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Indeed I should refresh more often.
Well, guess I should vote now before it's too late.

++ Green

I must admit I'm going with the flow here, not necessarily a big suspicion of mine.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #257
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Wow! To be honest Greenie has flown under my radar completely. I really need to get more sleep. hehe

Sidenote: with any luck both Greenie and Rikae will be wolves. What fortune would that be!

And I was wondering how long it would take for someone to vote for me. Sorry about that last post. I read it and it IS indeed confusing. I'd just woken up and as I implied my logic was very flawed and sleepy.

K well I'm tapped into some random person's wireless right now so I'm sitting in a parking lot in the middle of my hometown and I think I'm looking a little akward. So I best be off. Sides it's almost deadline anyway, so good night in advance my fellow villagers
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #258
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I completely forgot about Rikae... now three people dead would have been quite a massacre.

Sorry, my darling, you just were way too wolvish

++A Little Green

And now let's hope we're right this time...

edit: xed with Miggy and Sally
Old 12-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #259
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Why would you want to risk a double lynch, Lommy? We're already losing two players...

EDIT: X-ed with last three people.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:59 PM   #260
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
Well, guess that Sally will live for another Night which quite disturbs me as I suspect her much more then Green at the time.

Thanks. Thanks a lot.

Okay really leaving now. See you "tomorrow"
Old 12-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #261
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Day2 ends!

A Little Green will be no more in the village.

Narration coming pretty soon...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #262
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Why would you want to risk a double lynch, Lommy? We're already losing two players...
Because both Ligre and Sally seem very wolvish to me...

edit: xed with My Honourable Modly Father
Old 12-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #263
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post

EDIT: X-ed with last three people.

Indeed it'd be a bad plan to lose even more people! Even if I was not one of them.

Oh crap it's after three I'll shut up now and comment on that tomorrow.

Okay REALLY leaving this time.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:22 PM   #264
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Day2

Valier Furryfoot’s death was a hard hit to the hobbits, not the least to the other elders who had learned to like her so much during the years and who had learned to appreciate her hunches in all the matters where hunches were needed. It was clear that the Shire had lost someone they could have trusted to help them out of the trouble. But the way she was killed was plain repulsive. That seemed to feel even worse at the moment. No one had any desire for a breakfast that morning – and talking of hobbits that’s a serious matter indeed.

Most of them felt they needed a pint of strong porter from Tuckborough to cope with the situation and only a few of the youngsters settled with the local Green Dragon ale – which some called “Water-Ale” as it was light and it was made from the waters of the river Water running by - that was usually consumed by everyone around these corners.

Happily at the time of the second breakfast everyone had regained their appetite and thus they took back all that they had lost by withdrawing from the first one. And the talk was getting even more lively than the Day before. Although there seemed to be less joking toDay as the faces around the tables were quite grim.

Now Vallen’s death did bring forwards the question as to why she had been picked by the werewolves. Lommy Baggins did formulate the preliminary question as to whether the old Harrybelly was to blame or not. From that on almost every possible option imaginable – and unimaginable - were brought forwards. The most stylishly it was made by Mac Sandyman who formulated his comments on the matter in the style of the famous Lake Town philosopher Ludovic Witsendzone.

The hobbit logic has not been both revered as original ME wisdom and scorned as mere futile exercise of rural witticism by the more philophically cultivated cultures of the Middle-Earth for no reason. Even if the hobbits lack the finessé and eloquence of the cognoscenti and the sophists of Gondor they are widely known to be able to argue black into white and vice versa. And that was indeed going on at the Green Dragon on this Day! And it did take almost the whole Day.

But the further the sun crept over the sky the lengthier the speeches became. After pretty exhaustive recitations of Lommy Baggins, Legate Sackville-Baggins, Fea Belladonna and Farael Twofoot on the matter of Vallen’s death and the possible guilt of the old Harrybelly Brinn Burrows managed to top them all starting a minute analysis of all the hobbits present. With half of the hobbits fast asleep after three hours of speculation Rikae Took finally jumped up and banged her pint to the table so that everyone would hear her. All hobbits except the old Kuru Shrewthwacker did wake up.

“I will leave now and go for any help that could be obtained. I think this is a bit too big thing for us to cope alone. And think if this spreads in case we lose this fight? We Tooks have always seen the bigger picture and anyone who dares to suspect my motives will have to settle it with me personally. Even if I’m a woman I’m a Took and not afraid of anyone of you here. In the meantime you should do well to look closely at the Baggins and this honey-tongued Sandyman... That’s my last word to you fellow hobbits. I’m off now!”

“Now what shall I do? I already voted for her and she just thinks she can walk away like that! Are you trying to slip away from our verdict?” Farael Twofoot protested loudly as the doors swang after the Took.

“Cool down Twofoot, if she’s innocent she’s on a good mission and if she’s a baddie, well there’s one less of them.” Brinn Burrows calmed Farael and after that the Twofoot was quiet for a long time.

~*~

After the Took’s leave the discussion slowly concentrated on the wolfhunt itself. It seemed that Volo "Justy" Proudfoot, Lilla Greenhand and Sally Shortbrush were sharing the suspicions alongside Morm Harrybelly even though less and less was talked about the gaffer.

This Day the tables disagreed within themselves unlike Day1 when basically all of the adult-table voted for Nerwen. Something had changed.

In the end it was quite clear Lilla Greenhand was gaining the votes. And after some preliminary disagreement she did so by a large margin.

~*~

The votes were counted and an uneasy silence befell over the Green Dragon.

“Now Greenie, what do you have to say? It would be the most convenient if you... well you know what I mean. No hobbit has ever... and so forth. You know.” Said Fea Belladonna Briarpatch a bit embarrassedly.

Nerwen did a brave thing I’d say... so...” continued Kath Woodyend not daring to look at Lilla Greenhand in the eye.

“I’m not going to commit a suicide for you to keep your consciences clean. If you so much want blood you have to draw it yourselves!” Greenie said silently standing up and looking at the hobbits around the inn challengingly and dispassionately.

All those who had not been in favour of lynching the Greenhand stayed quiet looking nervously at their feet not sure of how to react to the situation. The Greenie -voters looked at each other somewhat insecurely not quite sure whether they’d have to actually do something. Finally Agan Sackville-Baggins broke in.

“She’s not a hobbit I say!” she yelled furiously.

“No she isn’t, she’s a werewolf! Remember how these foul creatures handled poor Boffin and Furryfoot! I say revenge!” called Volo Proudfoot even more loudly.

“I say death!” yelled Brinn Burrows.

“Let’s see this werewolf into her grave!” bellowed Mac Sandyman and threw an empty tankard straight to her forehead.

Blood was spilling from Greenie's eyebrow but she remained stern and quiet for a while. Everyone was waiting.

“Do your worst but you will have to do it yourselves.” she said calmly. "And who knows who is right and who is wrong in the end?"

The Greenie -voters looked at each other once again and then like from a common consent they ran over her together grasping whatever weapon; a mug, a coalrake, a fork, a chair with them. The rest were looking at the spectacle in horror. There it was, a hobbit after another hobbit. A scene never seen before in the Shire. It filled them with horror.

Lilla Greenhand stood straight an empty look in her face when the blows started to fall. Lommy Baggins hit her with a candlestick straight to the face and the Might of Greenholm kicked her to the stomach with all his might. Then there followed a rake here, a mug there and a fork in her eye. But the blow of the Volo's chair finally got her into her knees and the subsequent blows by the rest fell her down. There was an unseen frenzy in those batting and hammering her that the onlookers at their tables were restlessy trying to avoid looking.

There was blood all over the Green Dragon’s floor when the beaters finally got enough of it and started to come back to their senses. Lilla Green’s body was a mess, an emergingly reddish pile of flesh torn apart by the blows she had received.

Then the silence of the Inn suddenly started to fill in with a hiss.

It was low at first but then it broke loose with might. The hobbits tried to cover their ears but it was useless. Slowly the pile o' bones formerly named Lilla Green turned into a swirling whirlwind that grew wider and stronger.

Everyone tried to save themselves as they jumped out from the windows and packed the doorway.

The whirlwind grew into a tornado and bursted the roof of the Green Dragon and even growing to a hurricane it broke the other end of the Inn down sending that half of the reserved celebration meals flying all around the Shire.

Then at the height of it's might when all the hobbits were trying to hide behind trees or ditches and waited for an imminent death it suddenly just vanished with a hiss and a pop.

Lilla Green, aka. the Breath was no more.

The dead:
Nogrod (mod) - Noggie Boffin - beheaded and played soccer with on Night1
Nerwen (ordo) - Nerwen Hornblower - jumped to the river not to force anyone to kill another hobbit on Day1
Valier (ordo) - Vallen FurryFoot - skinned, grilled and served as a breakfast on Night2
Rikae (ordo) – Rikae Took - left the Hobbitton to find aid from somewhere in the middle of Day2
A Little Green (the Breath) - Lilla Greenhand - beaten to death by the hobbits on Day2

The living:
Thinlómien - Lommy Baggins
Legate of Amon Lanc - Legate Sackville-Baggins
Aganzir - Agan Sackville-Baggins
Meneltarmacil - Lupo Furryface
Volo - Justy Proudfoot
Macalaure - Mac Sandyman
The Might - Might of Greenholm
Mormegil - Mormegil Harrybelly
Feanor of the Peredhil - Belladonna Briarpatch
Brinniel - Brinn Burrows
Satansaloser2005 - Sally Shortbrush
Farael – Farael Twofoot
Kath – Kath Woodyend
Shastanis Althreduin – Shasta of the River
Kuruharan -Kuru Shrewthwacker

Night3 begins.

Wolves let me know your choice. The gifteds PM me your picks.

Good Night everyone!

Last edited by Nogrod; 12-02-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #265
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Night3

The werewolves met at the mallorn yet again but this time they were in no hurry. They sat down under the tree and just waited in silence that someone would open his mouth.

Finally the Drop voiced out what all the three had been thinking: “That was too bad... what they did to the Breath I mean”

“Yeah... really bad... I kinda miss her now already”, the Flame continued with a low voice. “Too bad indeed... what they did.”

“I bet they’ll turn it around and consider it a fair and courageous deed though”, the Shard said ripping the bark of the mallorn with the claws of his left paw absentmindedly.

“But how can you twist ethics in a way that makes murder a good thing?” the Flame bursted not quite agreeing what his mate had just said.

“You know the hobbit logic... that’s capable of anything”, the Drop hissed trying to uplift the mood.

But the Flame was not going to give up the question. “Ha! But we have dragged them down from the moral highground anyway, hobbit logic or not! Thou shalt not kill is the most founding moral commandment there is and they have broken against it”

“But that’s an arguable point my friend”, the Shard turned to face the Flame. “Couldn’t they just resort to some utilitarian principles of the beneficial consequences for the community as a whole?”

“Or they might bring forwards a kind of manichean interpretation of deontological ethics where only killing the goodies is morally wrong but killing the baddies is virtuous”, added the Drop.

“Now what kind of ethics is that? You can’t be serious.” The Flame was inflamed now. “Killing one of “us” is bad, killing one of “them” is good... That’s tribal thinking and not universal principles morality by definition must be based on. Every “we” or “us” can make justification for “our” cause with that localised immorality!”

“You should try to argue that to the hobbits...” the Shard snapped back seemingly unhappy about the direction the Flame was leading the discussion.

“I think the Flame has a point though. Either morals are universal or then it’s just a question of different points of view relative to each other and the truth ceases to exist any more. And in the latter case the morals will be implemented on a community only by rhetorics, politics, scaremongering or wish-gratification... or with brutal force”, the Drop put in looking at both of his mates and waiting for at least slight applauds.

“Think what you wish you two but the Breath’s death calls for revenge”, the Shard said decidedly.

“Ah, you’re right Shard”, smile the Drop: “Two wrongs do not make a right, so thence...”

Before the Flame could quite come to laugh at the pun they all froze. There was a noise like someone was coming towards the mallorn. It was a faint sound but to the sharpened ears of the werewolves it was loud as a bang of a gong. Someone was indeed coming. The wolves glanced quickly at each other and in a moment they had all vanished from the perimeter of the mallornwithout letting a sound or leaving a trace.

~*~

A lonely hobbit came to the tree and sat down. He took his pipe from his pocket and started filling it. He had been too stressed to sleep and had decided to come out as the darkness and quietness inside the house had started to feel too depressing. Outside he thought – in the open – he could see any danger in time if there was one. It was the walls and the short distances inside the hobbithole that had given him the creeps.

Had he only known...

Something hit him hard smashing his kneebones into a mash while a pair of claws ripped half of his cheeks off and covered his mouth – or what was left of it. Four gleaming eyes came down to stare at him intensively while he felt that his mouth was being stucked full of something. He tried to yell but there was no sound. The hobbit sensed a pair of clawed paws taking a tight grip of his arms and then he felt the sudden yank. Inspite the pain he realised his arms were broken.

Then the third one rushed to the place and everything went black. He was stuffed to a sack and the sack was tied. He tried to struggle to get himself free but soon realised he had nothing to make the struggle with. A rope was being tied around his neck from outside and after the knot was done the hobbit was hoisted up from the ground.

The rope tightened suddenly and the hobbit realised no one was supporting his weight any more. He was swinging from something by his neck. Legate Sackville-Baggins had been in hard places in his life – especially when his wife had asked him to explain this or that evening gone late - but now he realised he was a goner. Most definitively a goner. It was hard to breathe and it became harder all the time.

“Swing low, sweet chariot...” the Drop hummed in a quiet voice and gave him a soft push.

“coming for to carry me ho-ome...” continued the Flame as he turned to leave.

The silent but steady steps of the werewolves got farther away while they hummed the song.

“Are we becoming a bit too soft? What do you think? Lullabies and all...” the Shard asked his fellows. Those were the last words Legate ever heard.

It was quiet except for the sound of the rope chafing against the branch a bit more slower with every swing. A tear poured from Legate’s eye but he didn’t try to yell or shout any more. Instead he hummed the song quietly in his head.

If you get there before I do,
Comin' for to carry me home,
Tell all my friends I'm comin' too,
Comin' for to carry me home...

He shivered with the irony of the song... But still there was something that comforted him in it.

In the end he died with a faint smile in his face.

~*~

The dead:
Nogrod (mod) - Noggie Boffin - beheaded and played soccer with on Night1
Nerwen (ordo) - Nerwen Hornblower - jumped to the river not to force anyone to kill another hobbit on Day1
Valier (ordo) - Vallen FurryFoot - skinned, grilled and served as a breakfast on Night2
Rikae (ordo) – Rikae Took - left the Hobbitton to find aid from somewhere in the middle of Day2
A Little Green (the Breath) - Lilla Greenhand - beaten to death by the hobbits on Day2
Legate of Amon Lanc (ordo) - Legate Sackville-Baggins - sacked, bagged & hanged on Night3

The living:
Thinlómien - Lommy Baggins
Aganzir - Agan Sackville-Baggins
Meneltarmacil - Lupo Furryface
Volo - Justy Proudfoot
Macalaure - Mac Sandyman
The Might - Might of Greenholm
Mormegil - Mormegil Harrybelly
Feanor of the Peredhil - Belladonna Briarpatch
Brinniel - Brinn Burrows
Satansaloser2005 - Sally Shortbrush
Farael – Farael Twofoot
Kath – Kath Woodyend
Shastanis Althreduin – Shasta of the River
Kuruharan -Kuru Shrewthwacker

Day3 begins!

Last edited by Nogrod; 12-03-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #266
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Hmm... Legate's dead and he's an ordo.... a few thoughts on last day's kills first though

Rikae's innocense does make Brinniel look better in my eyes. It also makes Loomy look worse.

Little Green's furryness makes me wonder about that "advice" comment by Loomy... was that a wolf trying to save his fellow wolf's skin while there was still time, or was that a really misguided ordo?
Old 12-03-2007, 03:05 PM   #267
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Right now, my list looks like this:

Wolves
satansaloser2005
mormegil
Feanor of the Peredhil

Innocent
Thinlómien
Aganzir
Meneltarmacil
Volo
Macalaure
The Might
Brinniel
Farael
Kath
Shastanis Althreduin
Kuruharan

edit: xed with Farael
Old 12-03-2007, 03:07 PM   #268
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Alas, poor Legate...

May as well make the case against mormegil from the get go toDay.

Specifically I would like to point to the way that A Little Green was so defensive of him.

Quote:
PLEASE, WHAT MAKES MORM SO SUSPICIOUS?
-A Little Green post 190
That one seems a bit strained doesn’t it.

Quote:
morm, like I've said before, strikes me as innocent.
-A Little Green post 223
Persistant.

Quote:
Defend morm? I don't see that.
-A Little Green post 235
Needs glasses.

For some reason I find this statement particularly incriminating of morm.

Then there is that rather suspicious potential stealth vote he slipped in yesterday being the second to vote Volo very early on.

And A Little Green ended up voting the same way he did.

There will probably be a lot of other early posts going in the same vein...saying the exact same things or bringing up different points.

As it stands right now, morm is the choice I’m most comfortable with…although part of me thinks this is a bit too easy. *scratchhead*

P.S. Yes I know I haven’t said much about what morm himself has said and done…but we don’t really know about him do we…we know about A Little Green Wolf.

P.S.S. Course…this could all still be a huge attempt to railroad morm…but at this point it almost seems that it would be a lot of work to get to this point just to railroad morm.

P.S.S.S. Odd as it may seem, I'm not quite ready to put Volo solidly in my innocent camp yet...
Old 12-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #269
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Alas, our poor Legate. I'm sorry to have lost you friend.

Congratulations to the many villagers who managed to capture the furry beast Greenie yesterday. The Breath shall breathe no more I say, as I sigh in relief.

*wonders if she can use herself as a source for her term paper on antic disposition and feigned mental illness*
Old 12-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #270
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I have a couple observations to make.

First of all, I remind you of the mysterious agreement that I mentioned between A Little Green, mormegil, and Rikae on the idea that Lommy is a wolf. Now that one of these three has been confirmed a wolf, it puts the other two under suspicion.

Also, I noted another area of agreement between mormegil and [B]A Little Green{/B]: that my sarcasm about the wolves eating me made me look suspicious. Note again that one of these two is known to be a wolf.

Finally, and this has nothing to do with A Little Green, I observe that Valier and Legate were the two choices for wolf kills. They were also the main suspects of Volo on Day 1. This suggests either a frame attempt or a double bluff, and with suspicions raised yesterday I'd tend to doubt the double-bluff. I suggest looking at Volo's main opponents at this point, plus a little pressure ought to be put on morm.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #271
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Noooooo!
They killed Legate!
You evil werewolves !(family friendly EDIT)

Well, that makes me feel kind of stupid now after being suspicious yesterday...anyway I feel better of Thinlómien now as well.

Of whom I however don't feel good at all about is Sally. I mean all this talk about not making the deadline ( I mean, ok, I won't talk anymore about that). But still this appearence right before the deadline was akward and the posts were...strange. I can't really call them wolvish really, but so strange.

Then again there was one spot that caught my eye.

Quote:
Indeed it'd be a bad plan to lose even more people! Even if I was not one of them.
You know, this phrase really confuses me. So is Sally really saying that it would be a good plan to get rid of her?
Please correct me if I am wrong...

Last edited by The Might; 12-04-2007 at 11:12 AM.
The Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:10 PM   #272
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh, and yes, Kuruharan, I forgot about Greenie's defense of morm. It fits the pattern well.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:11 PM   #273
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Wolves
satansaloser2005
mormegil
Feanor of the Peredhil
May I ask why me, dear?
Old 12-03-2007, 03:13 PM   #274
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might View Post
Noooooo!
They killed Legate!
You ba****ds!

Well, that makes me feel kind of stupid now after being suspicious yesterday...anyway I feel better of Thinlómien now as well.

Of whom I however don't feel good at all about is Sally. I mean all this talk about not making the deadline ( I mean, ok, I won't talk anymore about that). But still this appearence right before the deadline was akward and the posts were...strange. I can't really call them wolvish really, but so strange.

Then again there was one spot that caught my eye.

You know, this phrase really confuses me. So is Sally really saying that it would be a good plan to get rid of her?
Please correct me if I am wrong...

Perhaps we shall see my friend, perhaps we shall see.

No totally kidding. I just meant that no matter WHO got lynched, regardless of whether it was me or someone else, lynching more than one person was a bad plan. Sorry for the confusion. Or am I?
Old 12-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #275
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh and Meneltarmacil, just to clarify your post, Rikae is dead. A dead ordo to be precise.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:16 PM   #276
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

And I was hoping to have the first post...anyway, after just reading your posts, I must admit that if I take a look at the previous posts, morm does indeed seem to be furry, especially considering this resemblance between his and Green's actions.
Hmmm...now I actually wonder why Legate was killed...will definitely try to take a look at that.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:20 PM   #277
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
So my first thought today is:

I totally would have killed Kuru to leave a very minimal trail.

Which then makes me ask why the wolves passed up that opportunity and picked Legate.

Which makes me want to go back and see what the benefits of lynching Legate over somebody who had barely said or done anything and could have been killed with very little fuss.

I assume because of the talk-effect.

Let me explain the talk-effect to you.

When I'm a wolf, sometimes I'll pass up an easy kill in order to orchestrate something a lot more verbose. Framing morm for example. My hat's off to whoever put that one together. Provided he's innocent (even if he's not), the wolves just got an entire day where only one person (ie: not them) was concentrated on.

The talk-effect, as I have dubbed it, is the concentrated effort to direct all of the discussion where you want it. It's killing the person who will inspire the most chat which has nothing to do with you.

Killing Kuru makes sense to me in that the village wouldn't have a trail.

Killing Legate makes sense to me in that we might have been handed a false trail.

So my suggestion for today is that we look harshly at everyone. Not just at those Legate suspected. Try to find behavioral patterns which we can continue to trace as the game progresses.

Though by all means, we should ask about Legate. Obviously.

I just don't think we should repeat yesterday's strategy of ignoring most of the village.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:23 PM   #278
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
I made a vote chart, I hope it is understandable. I'll post it differently if it's too confusing.
*=dead
(i)=known Innocent (in my case known only to me)
(w)=known Wolf

Day1 votes:

Kath - Might 1

Nerwen* (i) - Lommy 1

Valier* (i) - morm 1

Might - Might 2

Rikae* (i) - Nerwen* (i) 1

Sally - morm 2

morm - Valier* (i) 1

Fea - morm 3

Brinn - Nerwen* (i) 2

Legate* (i) - Nerwen* (i) 3

Volo (i) - Valier* (i) 2

Agan - Nerwen* (i) 4

Mac - Nerwen* (i) 5

Menel - morm 4

Lily* (w) - Nerwen* (i) 6

Lommy - Nerwen* (i) 7

Kuru - Nerwen* (i) 8

Farael - no vote

Shasta - no vote

Day2 votes:

Sally - morm 1

Farael - Rikae* (i) 1

Shasta - Volo (i) 1

morm - Volo (i) 2

Fea - Lily* (w) 1

Kath - Lily* (w) 2

Agan - Lily* (w) 3

Menel - morm 2

Volo (i) - Lily* (w) 4

Legate* (i) - Sally 1

Brinn - Lily* (w) 5

Mac - Lily* (w) 6

Lily* (w) - Volo (i) 3

Might - Lily* (w) 7

Lommy - Lily* (w) 8

Rikae* (i) - no vote

Kuru - no vote

This leads to a different chart which I don't think is confusing:

1. People who have voted only for players whose roles we don't know yet:
Sally, Menel

2. People who have vote for only Innocent players (including me):
morm, Lily* (w), Kuru, Farael, Shasta

A. People who have voted for a Wolf (in this order):
Fea, Kath, Agan, Volo, Brinn, Mac, Might, Lommy

B. People who have not voted for a Wolf:
Sally, Farael, Shasta, morm, Menel, Legate* (i), Lily* (w), Kuru

The most suspicious players to me otherwise (Sally, morm, Lily*) seem to have entered the 1. and 2. categories.

I'm more and more sure of Lommy's Innocence. Apart from her I'm rather sure than Aganzir is also Innocent. The other Lily-voters look good too.

Xd with everything toDay.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:25 PM   #279
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
No chance of double-lycnhing Sally and Lily anymore, is there? A pity, I would maybe have been willing to risk that...
This quote right here has me wondering what to do about Loomy... if both Loomy and Sally are wolves, then killing one would put the other on the clear, at least for a bit... and at this point Loomy should have known that a double-lynch was not a possibility.

However, it just does not add up... Loomy is being extremely clueless, which is rather odd for her, at least the Loomy I knew a while back.

Here's a theory that seems a little cobbled together (thanks Mod there are no cobblers in this game or that sentence right there would've gotten me lynched) but may be some truth to it.

The wolves decided that the best way for one of them to survive until the end was to be at each other's throats. That way, if one got lynched, at least one other wolf would be in the clear for a good while.

However, it couldn't be obvious that a group of FOUR people were always arguign 'cos that'd raise suspicion too, so they decided that they'd have to tone it down a bit.

So Morm and Loomy have a bit of a spat... Loomy suspects Greenie but at the last moment tries at least to save her if she can... no wolf would be THAT clueless.... it also explains why Loomy proposes Sally as a double-lynch candidate when it was hardly possible.

I don't think I have enough evidence right now to prove it, but perhaps someone with more analysing skills than me could check their posts and see if s/he can find harder evidence.

For the time being, I still think Sally is just awfully suspicious and that we should lynch her. Her comments with regards to Morm and her innocense, proposed in such a convoluted way sound more like a wolf grasping at straws than a misguided ordo.

Edit: X-ed with everyone after my first post

Last edited by Farael; 12-03-2007 at 03:29 PM.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 03:31 PM   #280
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*runs about wreaking further havoc among the village, just to see what kind of reactions she can garner*

Oh, how tempted I am to come up with another off-the-wall vote. But I think if I did it again today there might be a holy furry uprising and I would die at the hands of the mob. Thus I'll keep my mouth shut today (voting wise at least hehe) until I can get a grasp of what you others think. In other words, the fun has only begun, but I'm taking a several hour sabattical from my intrigues.