The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2007, 02:55 PM   #361
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

When the villagers awoke, they were shocked to see that, yet again, no one was missing.

"Excellent! The Ranger was successful!" said one.

"I think not," said another, "For on the shore by my house are fresh tracks, and the prints are of varying sizes. Three Werebeasts there are, I believe."

"Yes," agreed another, "For I certainly heard more than two voices howling during the night."

Those who were unconvinced left to examine the tracks themselves, and indeed it was true. There were three Werewolves in the village.

Villagers- 9
Werewolves- 3

Living-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Boromir88- assistant to the apprentice to Rikae
Eomer of the Rohirrim- gravedigger
Farael- conspiracy theorist
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
Legate of Amon Lanc- lamp-maker/fiddler
Macalaure- jailer
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
Rikae- midwife/wise-woman
The Might- shephard
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker

Dead-
Nogrod, reticent lumberjack- Day 1 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (VILLAGER)
Valier, basket weaver- Day 2 lynch victim (HUNTER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- Day 2 Hunter victim (VILLAGER)
Nerwen, miller- Day 3 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)

IT IS NOW DAY 4. YOU MAY POST

Last edited by the phantom; 01-01-2008 at 09:52 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:22 PM   #362
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
How odd that no-one has posted just yet... I really hope what happened last night was the Ranger getting lucky again, for I have something important to tell y'all... hang in there for my very own narration ('cos I feel like telling it this way)
Old 12-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #363
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, so no one died.

I find it quite hard to believe that we would be so lucky twice in a row, so if yesterDay was the Ranger's protection, toDay it really very probably wasn't. So even though we happened to lynch a wolf yesterDay (under rather very lucky circumstances, if you ask me), there is probably one more running around now so we are still at the same number.

Well, let's say it more optimistically: how lucky we caught Nerwen yesterDay, because now there will be one more of them.

That is, if the wolves really got the Cursed Villager. But I can't possibly imagine the scenario, since the Ranger cannot protect one person twice in a row, that the Wolves would attack person X on Night 3, find that person protected, and then attack person Y on Night 4 and by very bad luck this person is also protected. Not speaking of the ubelievable luck (or rather, bad luck for the wolves) needed for this scenario, a logically thinking wolf would surely attack the person he knows cannot be protected this Night if he wanted this person killed the Night before, unless he had really good reasons not to do so.

Which brings me to an interesting idea. Aside from the Wolves, of course, only the Ranger knows whom he protected (and I believe also whether he confronted the wolves or not). But in the logic of the scenario I outlined above - i.e. the Wolves attacking logically the person they attacked the Day before - the Ranger could now know who is the newly created Wolf. Am I clear? I mean: Night 3 - Wolves attack X, but X is protected. Night 4 - Wolves attack X again and X turns into a Wolf. Ergo, X was a Cursed villager. Yet, the Ranger protected this person, so he knows who it is.

I am saying this to pose a question, whether it could not be possible for the Ranger to somehow pass this information to us? I don't know if revealing himself would be a good move at this time, yet I wanted to bring this forward as an idea. If it helps us to nail the newly-formed Wolf... I would like to hear what others think about this, and about Nightly events, and everything.

Will be around for some time yet and will check yesterDays votes and then go to sleep. See ya.

EDIT: x-ed with Farael
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #364
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

When the sun dawned Farael was already awake.

"They don't believe me... they never do... all these nights, I've been telling them but nooo he's Farael, the conspiracy theorist... noooo he's just doing his job, is he not? Well, I'll show them... I'll show them and then I will not be the only one who sees!"

He walked down the streets, screaming atop of his lungs Hear ye'! Hear ye! and when a mild crowd of interested villagers gathered around him, he started with his tale

"Since before I recall, I have been haunted by nightmares. Oh yeah, I knew who stole Eomer's favourite shovel... but did you listen to me? "Oh, he's Farael, he HAS to do that..." "Oh, that's what he always does"...

Well, now I understand that my curse is a blessing for you all... for you all... other than a few."

Farael walked up some conveniently placed steps and pointed at the crowd "I SEE THINGS... I KNOW THINGS!!! At night the howling of the wolves keeps me awake, and when I fall into accursed sleep I see them... All furry and scary-looking, with death in their eyes and curses in their breath. But now... now it is a time to put an end to this all! Hearken me, for I can tell you who two of the wolves are. Let us hope that no more have been turned, for i fear for my safety and so I will tell you what I know"

Last day, at least some of you must have noticed that I suddenly accused Macalaure, whom previously I thought an innocent. It was a gamble, as I feared he would realize what I was and haunt me in the night. But I wanted to help the village, give us at least one more night for me to see something in my dreams.

And I noted something. There is a villager who has claimed in the past that she can read Macalaure like a book. She knows when he's a wolf and yet... he was a wolf and ... she was defending him?

So this night I concentrated on Rikae to see if I would dream of her, and praise the Valar I did! To find her... A WOLF

My fellow villagers, victory is near at hand, if the two death-less nights were due to the Ranger's efforts and not a new wolf being turned.

Either way, this knowledge is too precious to go to waste should I be killed at night.

I also know the identity of two innocent villagers, but I will not disclose it yet, so as to avoid giving the wolves an easy target. Should the Ranger choose to tell me that she has protected me tonight, and so cannot do it another night, I will say whom I know to be innocent. However, for the time being, I'll keep that to myself, best to avoid helping the enemy.

So in summary,

Macalaure is a wretched wolf
Rikae is his assistant

and I know of two innocents, whom I will not name to hopefully protect them for another night.

And in case you have not realized it just yet I am your friendly neighbourhood Seer

Edit: X-ed with Legate
Old 12-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #365
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

In response to Legate

While I don't want to encourage the Ranger to speak up, It might help us if he mentioned whom he protected the last two nights, should she choose to talk. That way we'll have a better understanding of whom else may be an ordo and whom may be a turned wolf.

However, if both Macalaure and The Ranger picked up on my flip-flop and thought me a Seer, perhaps we got lucky and I got protected from the wolves.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:54 PM   #366
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
So in summary,

Macalaure is a wretched wolf
Rikae is his assistant
Now, Wolfael, why exactly do I get designated as the "assistant"? As a wolf, I would be equally as fiendish, deadly and vicious as Macalaure would - and wouldn't let him be the boss.

After all, it was me protecting him last Night, not the other way around.

Last edited by Rikae; 12-30-2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: capitalization & typo
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #367
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Now, Wolfael, why exactly do I get designated as the "assistant"? As a wolf, I would be equally as fiendish, deadly and vicious as Macalaure would - and wouldn't let him be the boss.

After all, it was me protecting him last Night, not the other way around.
Hahha nice try, but you are as good as dead, even if you do somehow convince the vilalge I'm not the Seer... but yes, you were protecting him, hence why I said you were "assisting" him.

Does it matter? you are a wolf and you'll face the pitchforks and torches
Old 12-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #368
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay. YesterDay's votes went this way:

Kath : Nerwen (Nerwen 1)
Nerwen : Mormegil (Nerwen 1, Morm 1)
Mormegil : Nerwen (Nerwen 2, Morm 1)
Nerwen : - Morm (Nerwen 2)
Boromir : Might (Nerwen 2, Might 1)
Might : Eomer (Nerwen 2, Might 1, Eomer 1)
Saucepan : Mac (Nerwen 2, Might 1, Eomer 1, Mac 1)
Farael: Mac (Nerwen 2, Mac 2, Might 1, Eomer 1)
Aganzir : Mac (Mac 3, Nerwen 2, Might 1, Eomer 1)
Isabellyka: Nerwen (Mac 3, Nerwen 3, Might 1, Eomer 1)
Rikae: Aganzir (Mac 3, Nerwen 3, Might 1, Eomer 1, Aganzir 1)
Macalaure Aganzir (Mac 3, Nerwen 3, Aganzir 2, Might 1, Eomer 1)
Legate: Aganzir (Aganzir 3, Mac 3, Nerwen 3, Might 1, Eomer 1)
Eomer: Might (Aganzir 3, Mac 3, Nerwen 3, Might 2, Eomer 1)
Boromir: - Might (Aganzir 3, Mac 3, Nerwen 3, Might 1, Eomer 1)
(Aganzir&Mac, these silly switch-votes, I don't count them as they changed nothing)
Nerwen: Mac (Mac 4, Nerwen 3, Aganzir 3, Might 1, Eomer 1)
Boromir: Nerwen (Mac 4, Nerwen 4, Aganzir 3, Might 1, Eomer 1)
Rikae: - Aganzir, Nerwen (Nerwen 5, Mac 4, Aganzir 3, Might 1, Eomer 1)

So, all in all: after looking through the list and through the votes themselves and in what situations they were sent, I find this all going in favor of the Nerwen-voters. Starting, continuing, finishing, finishing and finishing the bandwagon was all too dangerous for wolves to do and it went too unpredictably to be planned, in my opinion. So Kath, morm, Isabell, Boro and Rikae climb higher in trust at me. There is of course the problem that my inborn suspiciousness does not want to accept so easily that there is indeed no Wolf among the Nerwen voters yet, as I said, this speaks for their favor and I will need to look at every single one of them more closely to decide more.

Concerning Nerwen herself, I will probably need to look at her closely yet later toDay. For now, only concerning her voting: her last minute jump on Mac when Aganzir was about to be lynched. This would point for the innocence of Mac and eventually against the innocence of Aganzir, or at least for more value of Aganzir in Nerwen's eyes than the value of Mac. The point is that she obviously saved Aganzir this way, yet ultimately met her own fate by this move as it roused a reaction. And quite logical one: I found Nerwen's action rather odd at the time. She was safe whether Agan or Mac was lynched, thus, her retraction can possibly point only to the logical conclusion that she wanted Mac lynched and/or wanted Agan saved. Why would she do that if Aganzir was innocent? The more if even Mac was a wolf?

EDIT: x-ed with these interesting folks above.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 12-30-2007, 05:12 PM   #369
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
While I don't want to encourage the Ranger to speak up, It might help us if he mentioned whom he protected the last two nights, should she choose to talk.
I'm sure that's exactly what you hoped to do, Farael.
Well, since you've forced my hand, I will do just that.

I protected Macalaure on Night2, Legate on Night3, and Macalaure again on Night4 - and you are the one who is done for, once my role is revealed.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:14 PM   #370
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

*points up* Whoa! Now what the heck is that? I'm getting a serious crisis of thought. The more after what I just concluded.

Farael, so you say you dreamt of Mac yesterNight and Rikae toNight and they are wolves? How do you interpretate the yesterDay's votes?

Rikae, you say you are the Ranger? Care to say in that case whom you protected this Night and the Night before? (cf. my first post toDay above)

EDIT: x-ed with Rikae.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:16 PM   #371
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I'm sure that's exactly what you hoped to do, Farael.
Well, since you've forced my hand, I will do just that.

I protected Macalaure on Night2, Legate on Night3, and Macalaure again on Night4 - and you are the one who is done for, once my role is revealed.
That's a wild move, you are not the ranger and I know it But I strongly advice the Ranger against speaking up, or else he'll be mince-meat tonight, and we don't know whether there is an extra wolf in the game right now, therefore we need all the gifteds we can get.

As a Seer, I felt that knowing the potentially last two wolves it was too dangerous to keep to myself, but the Ranger should choose by him or herself whether to speak up.

All I can say is, no, you are definitely not it.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #372
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Farael, so you say you dreamt of Mac yesterNight and Rikae toNight and they are wolves? How do you interpretate the yesterDay's votes?
Well Legate two nights ago I dreamt of Macalaure hoping to clear his name.. I mean come on, this whole deal with Nogrod was too good to be a wolf ploy.

I found him a wolf. That changed my mindset completely... they were clearly not beyond killing off one of their own in order to look innocent.

And let's face it, Nerwen was under heavy fire from a bunch of Ordos, she would've been gone sooner or later... so they chose to finish her off themselves so that they'd look better.

And keep in mind that, since the wolves can communicate during the day, they were able to ask Nerwen if she was ok with it so that no feelings were hurt.

They are clever, but I was luckier.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #373
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Oh my, I'll probably need to sleep on this. You can't start pulling these things at me in time like this. The more that I now trusted both of you. :roll seventy eyes at once:
Old 12-30-2007, 05:21 PM   #374
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
And let's face it, Nerwen was under heavy fire from a bunch of Ordos, she would've been gone sooner or later... so they chose to finish her off themselves so that they'd look better.

And keep in mind that, since the wolves can communicate during the day, they were able to ask Nerwen if she was ok with it so that no feelings were hurt.
Okay, just then why did she switch to Mac when Agan should've been lynched? Even if Agan is by some strange coincidence also a wolf, why not let her die and vote another wolf? You know what I mean?
Old 12-30-2007, 05:24 PM   #375
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Okay, just then why did she switch to Mac when Agan should've been lynched? Even if Agan is by some strange coincidence also a wolf, why not let her die and vote another wolf? You know what I mean?
I'm sure they'll be able to tell you better than myself when the game ends what they were thinking, but my guess is that they were willing to kill off a few of their own early on to be put "beyond suspicion" and so coast to an easy win in the end. Let's face it, if they had caught me before I could have caught them, the village would have been in serous trouble!!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:24 PM   #376
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I was wondering what the twist about this game was, and now I at least know one. We are having ourselves a cobbler here. I don't think a wolf would pose as the seer at this point in the game.

Farael, honestly, even if I didn't know you were posing from knowing my own role, I wouldn't believe you - at least not easily. Your scene up there looks all too cobblerish. It's cobblers who like to make such a spectacle out of themselves.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:28 PM   #377
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I was wondering what the twist about this game was, and now I at least know one. We are having ourselves a cobbler here. I don't think a wolf would pose as the seer at this point in the game.

Farael, honestly, even if I didn't know you were posing from knowing my own role, I wouldn't believe you - at least not easily. Your scene up there looks all too cobblerish. It's cobblers who like to make such a spectacle out of themselves.
Macalaure I am beyond "fear" of being killed or even lynched right now. True, you may manage to turn the village against me today, but a day later you'll be done for. What I just hope is that you don't manage to find the cursed villager before then.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:30 PM   #378
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
I'm sure they'll be able to tell you better than myself when the game ends what they were thinking, but my guess is that they were willing to kill off a few of their own early on to be put "beyond suspicion" and so coast to an easy win in the end. Let's face it, if they had caught me before I could have caught them, the village would have been in serous trouble!!
This just makes no sense. Wolves that kill of one of their own kind is credible. But killing off half of them? That's suicidal. They need to think of their numbers. One wolf less also means one day more to survive through.

(ed. crossed with Farael)
Old 12-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #379
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just in case my last comment wasn't clear, the fact that I know my role and I know two wolves means that I can just enjoy having fun and speaking up without fear of getting lynched/killed at night. Yes, I mean to help the village as much as I can for the possibility that the cursed has been turned, but I'm not going to "quiet" anything down... I'll speak my mind!
Old 12-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #380
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
This just makes no sense. Wolves that kill of one of their own kind is credible. But killing off half of them? That's suicidal. They need to think of their numbers. One wolf less also means one day more to survive through.
Not really, keep in mind that Nerwen was drawing heavy suspicions from ORDOS... you finished her off, but she was a goner anyway.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:36 PM   #381
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Macalaure I am beyond "fear" of being killed or even lynched right now. True, you may manage to turn the village against me today, but a day later you'll be done for. What I just hope is that you don't manage to find the cursed villager before then.
Well, I am not beyond fear. Although I am just an ordo, being lynched would put the wolves into a better situation.

I find it strange that you are beyond it. With the help of the ranger, you could at least survive one more night, which means one more dream and one more chance to catch the cursed who might have turned into a wolf tonight, or in the coming night. With the considerable possibility of one more wolf, the real seer would care to remain alive.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:40 PM   #382
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Not really, keep in mind that Nerwen was drawing heavy suspicions from ORDOS... you finished her off, but she was a goner anyway.
What you seem to fail to mention is that Mac never voted for Nerwen, and I never found her suspicious until that last weird post of hers! Finished her off, indeed - if Mac and Nerwen were plotting together, my involvement at the last minute would not have been needed. Is that the best you can come up with?
Old 12-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #383
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Well, I am not beyond fear. Although I am just an ordo, being lynched would put the wolves into a better situation.

I find it strange that you are beyond it. With the help of the ranger, you could at least survive one more night, which means one more dream and one more chance to catch the cursed who might have turned into a wolf tonight, or in the coming night. With the considerable possibility of one more wolf, the real seer would care to remain alive.
Actually, the help of the ranger is a given and the fact that i'll die the night after that is likely too, unless you manage to discredit me... in that case, you'll keep me alive as long as you can so that you don't get shown a wolf.

Come on Mac let's face it... if you die this day, which I hope you will, I get shown the Seer. As such, I'm a liability for the wolves and will get attacked two nights from now. If you turn the village against me and discredit me as a cobbler who should be left alive but ignored, you may survive for a while... but I'll keep on dreaming!

Of course, the only thing oyu CAN do right now is to keep me alive but discredited and pray you find the cursed and I don't dream of him. However, if you discredit me, I am sure there are enough smart players in here that will choose to lynch me just in case and well, while I don't want that to happen, I already decided that it was a good enough effort to give the village two wolves (one of them being you who has carefully positioned himself almost beyond suspicion) and pray they can find the possible third one on their own.

It's all I can do really, to try and live until the end, knowing the identity of two wolves is detrimental to the village as i may get killed and take that information with me.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #384
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
What you seem to fail to mention is that Mac never voted for Nerwen, and I never found her suspicious until that last weird post of hers! Finished her off, indeed - if Mac and Nerwen were plotting together, my involvement at the last minute would not have been needed. Is that the best you can come up with?
Rikae, I said Mac, Nerwen and YOU were plotting together. And isn't the fact that you suddenly chose to vote for her almost too convenient?

Come on, you wolves have been trying to do things that "no wolf would do" Knowing that if the gamble paid off it'd lead you to victory... why would you not kill off a heavily suspected Nerwen?
Old 12-30-2007, 05:48 PM   #385
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Come on Mac let's face it... if you die this day, which I hope you will, I get shown the Seer. As such, I'm a liability for the wolves and will get attacked two nights from now. If you turn the village against me and discredit me as a cobbler who should be left alive but ignored, you may survive for a while... but I'll keep on dreaming!
I did not say I intend to keep you alive. We need to know you're not the seer. We can only do so by lynching you - or lynching me. For obvious reasons I prefer the former to the latter. I have no reason to doubt Rikae's ranger claim, so lynching her to obtain certainty is the worst we could do.

What I really am puzzled about is why you chose Rikae to be your other wolf. There must have been better choices.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:51 PM   #386
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
However, if you discredit me, I am sure there are enough smart players in here that will choose to lynch me just in case
So there may very well be.

++Farael

And to the other players - if Farael is lynched and turns out to be the seer, you have two wolves. However, if he is the cobbler and you lynch me or Macalaure today, you will have lost both your known innocents by tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:52 PM   #387
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Come on, you wolves have been trying to do things that "no wolf would do" Knowing that if the gamble paid off it'd lead you to victory... why would you not kill off a heavily suspected Nerwen?
It has been claimed that the wolves did that - in order to make me look bad, so far. Apparently, you think that Saucepan and Aganzir are the real wolves, so you try to help them this way now. If they really are our wolves, then I "fear" you're going to harm them more than you help them.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #388
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Rikae, I said Mac, Nerwen and YOU were plotting together. And isn't the fact that you suddenly chose to vote for her almost too convenient?
And why, exactly, would I have involved myself at all? Mac would have raised no eyebrows by defending himself - whereas me defending him...
Old 12-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #389
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I did not say I intend to keep you alive. We need to know you're not the seer. We can only do so by lynching you - or lynching me. For obvious reasons I prefer the former to the latter. I have no reason to doubt Rikae's ranger claim, so lynching her to obtain certainty is the worst we could do.
Yet you called me the cobbler, and we both know that if you find the cobbler you don't lynch him, you ignore him... as he counts as an "ordo" in the final tally, he gives the innocents another day to catch the wolves.

Of course, I called your bluff and now you have to try and get me lynched...

By the way, if Rikae truly were the [B]Ranger[/B} why would she come out and say it?

Worst case scenario, YOU get lynched and found an ordo and I get discredited... why claim to be the Ranger so soon?

Of course, other than to cow other villagers to follow her lead.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #390
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
And why, exactly, would I have involved myself at all? Mac would have raised no eyebrows by defending himself - whereas me defending him...
Because he was thought by many an ordo... therefore, by defending a "known" ordo you look better... and should his cover have been blown, you wouldn't have been the only one fooled.... so they can't really hold that against you, can they?

And since you are here, do tell me why you claimed to be the Ranger
Old 12-30-2007, 06:03 PM   #391
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow.. just wow.. some interesting things have definately happened.

Sacrificing half of your team seems a bit too risky to me; yet both of them had been under fire. I'm sure if Nerwen had not been lynched yesterDay, she just might've been toDay. Remember that the wolves chose to kill Shasta Night one, so I wouldn't put anything past them at this point.

Aganzir sticks out in my mind; as she was vocally against lynching Nerwen; yet it seems just a bit too obvious for me. However, I won't discard the thought; as we seem to have some very bold wolves on our hands. That may have been why Nerwen did not want to vote Aganzir; because she was one of the people who were not voting for her.

X'd with Farael.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #392
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Why is the role called a Ranger, if you only seem to protect others?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #393
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Yet you called me the cobbler, and we both know that if you find the cobbler you don't lynch him, you ignore him... as he counts as an "ordo" in the final tally, he gives the innocents another day to catch the wolves.
Who said that? Harmless cobblers can be left alive. Dangerous cobblers, and you no doubt are one, should rather be lynched. We need certainty here.

Quote:
Of course, I called your bluff and now you have to try and get me lynched...
I don't know what bluff you are talking of. I want to get you lynched and nothing else. I said so before.

++Farael

Quote:
Because he was thought by many an ordo...
Did I miss something yesterday?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:08 PM   #394
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Did I miss something yesterday?
Come on, half the village wanted to lynch you, half the village wanted to save you... you missed nothing, many an ordo thought you an ordo.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:19 PM   #395
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I don't want to repeat this for the fourth time over, yet, this is the question that does not allow me to sleep; why, why did Nerwen vote Mac? If Aganzir is innocent (which, if Farael speaks the truth, she must be as there are only four Wolves; unless she was turned into a Wolf earlier), why just don't let her die and goodbye? Sacrificing two wolves? I listen to bold theories about bold moves, yet isn't that indeed a little too much?

I'm puzzled. I'm most puzzled ever. But hope it will be better. Where are other people? Are they watching and enjoying this discourse?

We have three subjects. At least someone of them is lying. Now what can a villager do? Two options: Vote for Mac (or Rikae): if he is a wolf, then Farael is right and we lynch the other one later and unless there is another wolf, hooray, the end. If he is not, then the wolves probably finish off the other one at Night, and we are going to vote for Farael the next Day. Vote for Farael: if he is a wolf, then hooray, only again, the wolves probably finish off one of the pair at Night. If he is not a wolf, then we lose the Seer, someone else at Night and then we have two Days to lynch Mac and Rikae. Hm.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #396
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
Sacrificing half of your team seems a bit too risky to me; yet both of them had been under fire. I'm sure if Nerwen had not been lynched yesterDay, she just might've been toDay. Remember that the wolves chose to kill Shasta Night one, so I wouldn't put anything past them at this point.

Aganzir sticks out in my mind; as she was vocally against lynching Nerwen; yet it seems just a bit too obvious for me. However, I won't discard the thought; as we seem to have some very bold wolves on our hands. That may have been why Nerwen did not want to vote Aganzir; because she was one of the people who were not voting for her.
Isa, you seem to think around similar lines as me. Only in fact, Nerwen did not simply not-vote for Aganzir, she saved her. If Mac is a wolf, this move does not make sense: it may be good to leave alive someone who trusts you, yet sacrificing a fellow wolf is definitely not worth it. Also, this move surely did not make Nerwen look better in the eyes of the others - she ended up dead herself.

And now I am going to sleep. Really.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:37 PM   #397
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Isa, you seem to think around similar lines as me. Only in fact, Nerwen did not simply not-vote for Aganzir, she saved her. If Mac is a wolf, this move does not make sense: it may be good to leave alive someone who trusts you, yet sacrificing a fellow wolf is definitely not worth it. Also, this move surely did not make Nerwen look better in the eyes of the others - she ended up dead herself.

And now I am going to sleep. Really.
I don't see Nerwen saving Aganzir as much as I see her voting for Mac... and once again, with Nerwen shown a wolf, Mac looks better 'cos of that vote.

I can't say I understand what the wolves were doing, perhaps it has something to do with the "twists" we don't know about and there's a division among the wolves, I have no idea... and we'll have to cope with the twists as they come. I don't want to speculate on that too much, whatever it is that the wolves were trying to do, it played out in our favour.

About your previous scenarios, I am not against being lynched today, but that'd give the wolves two nights to look for the cursed if they haven't found it yet. Furthermore, if I'm alive not this night but the next and the cursed was turned, s/he is likely to try and get me so that I can't get lucky a third time and dream of that person.

So villagers, it's your call... either way, at the end of the Day things will be much clearer.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:39 PM   #398
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sorry, I wasn't clear on something... the cursed getting me two nights from now means that at least you wouldn't lose another ordo, however if you lynch me tonight and then lynch Mac and Rikae you'll lose three innocent villagaers (barring a Ranger save) if the Cursed was turned.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #399
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Rikae's a fraud...I'm the ranger, and Farael is the seer...trust him.

Though I am deeply confused because I did protect Mac on Night 3, hence my clue left in my first post. Anyway, yesterday I protected Farael and Night 2 I protected Farael.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:24 PM   #400
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Rikae's a fraud...I'm the ranger, and Farael is the seer...trust him.

Though I am deeply confused because I did protect Mac on Night 3, hence my clue left in my first post. Anyway, yesterday I protected Farael and Night 2 I protected Farael.
Thanks Boro you were my Night 2 dream... but I didn't want to flush you out if you didn't do so yourself. But if you protected Mac and there was no kill that means it's likely the cursed was turned..... That'd bad news, but getting rid of Rikae and Macalaure would be a good idea.