The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #601
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow.. just wow.. soo many Cobblers. Good job Morm, and thanks TP and Fea for a good game.

First time being a Cobbler.. err secret Cobbler and I must say I was most confused as to how to do it right. I was so sure that Nerwen was actually innocent.. when I saw she was a wolf.. I wanted to bang my head against the screen. :P
Old 01-09-2008, 01:47 AM   #602
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The thought that we were all cobblers first occurred to me just after day 1. I actually considered starting to drop wolf hints to some players (Legate and Shasta, mainly).

My goal was to get lynched on the last day. So if morm hadn't retracted and voted me, I would have retracted him and voted Saucie- it wouldn't have mattered then if Saucie had managed to come back.

Anyway, thanks for a wonderful and very interesting game & narrations, phantom and Fea! And congratulations to morm.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:40 AM   #603
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Why did I have to die first?
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #604
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh man... I hope there will be a good old normal game after this cause this one really confused me.
I was quite sure Nerwen was a wolf so tried to defend her somehow in the beginning, unfortunately failed at that.
Then I actually thought that Boro and Farael were bluffing and so voted for Mac.
And afterwards I really didn't know what to think...figures why?!

Good game everyone, especially Farael, who did a great job as a seer.
In the end it really would have been near to impossible for the 3 gifteds to win this game...and they were actually quite close.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #605
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Truly the phantom is as great as he thinks he is ;)

I loved following this game and have to say that all the ordos being cobblers actually made them all play "properly" IE speak out and not worry about own necks. That is probably why you were so successful.

Brilliant utterly brilliant

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #606
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
The thought that we were all cobblers first occurred to me just after day 1.
Why didn't you reveal as a Seer on Day 3 then? I've always wondered why all cobblers don't do just that. Day 3 you come out and say "I dreamt of two wolves and it's too much information to keep to myself..." and just name two people that you think are not wolves.

That'll probably push the true seer out of hiding, and if you don't manage to get him lynched that day, the wolves will get to it soon enough!
Old 01-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #607
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
Why didn't you reveal as a Seer on Day 3 then? I've always wondered why all cobblers don't do just that. Day 3 you come out and say "I dreamt of two wolves and it's too much information to keep to myself..." and just name two people that you think are not wolves.

That'll probably push the true seer out of hiding, and if you don't manage to get him lynched that day, the wolves will get to it soon enough!

We were specifically instructed not to do anything crazy so I felt that would qualify as crazy.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #608
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
I feel the victory is so tainted. I actually felt like I accomplished something awesome that I've been longing to do since I began WW. Finding out that ultimately everybody wanted me to win lessens that for me.
Don't be too hard on yourself morm. You had me fooled. I thought you innocent, which is why I voted for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
My goal was to get lynched on the last day. So if morm hadn't retracted and voted me, I would have retracted him and voted Saucie- it wouldn't have mattered then if Saucie had managed to come back.
In which case, I would have been quite happy to leave things as they were. I had it in mind that it might be possible to get myself lynched on the final Day, and even tried to act slightly suspiciously without being too obvious, but everyone resolutely refused to suspect me (which presumably meant that you thought me a Wolf). My original plan, had morm left Legate alive, was to go strongly against him using the argument that the Wolf was probably dead and he was the one doing the killing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
I was quite sure Nerwen was a wolf so tried to defend her somehow in the beginning, unfortunately failed at that.
Yes, Nerwen was the only Wolf that I felt reasonably sure about. With Mac, I kept swinging one way and then the other, which is why I didn't vote for him at first, despite feigning suspicion of him. Unfortunately, it served to add to the pressure on him, which seems to have helped convince Farael to dream of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
Then I actually thought that Boro and Farael were bluffing and so voted for Mac.
I had very little doubt that Farael and Boro were telling the truth. It seemed perfectly logical that Farael would dream of me first Night and, despite my best attempts to argue otherwise, I thought his story very plausible. Hence my vote for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
... all the ordos being cobblers actually made them all play "properly" IE speak out and not worry about own necks.
Actually, I was quite concerned about my own neck up until the last two Days. I always think that, unexpected events aside, the best job a Cobbler can do is to survive until the last Day and then try to vote with the Wolf. Although the importnace of having the final vote in this game made that slightly more difficult than normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Why didn't you reveal as a Seer on Day 3 then? I've always wondered why all cobblers don't do just that.
Speaking for myself, I did consider revealing on Day 4 to try to counter your own reveal, but it is quite a difficult thing to pull off and, what with it being New Year's Eve, I just didn't have enough time to make it convincing enough.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #609
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Quote:
We were specifically instructed not to do anything crazy so I felt that would qualify as crazy.
That's a fair point. Posing as the Seer might have been construed as suicidal behaviour, which was off limits. Although it might be argued in the alternative that, as long as there was reasonable doubt (and therefore not obviously suicidal), then it was legitimate for a secret Cobbler to pretend to be the Seer.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #610
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucie
But I feel a bit of a phoney doing it, having voted in the lynching of two Wolves, voted for another when he was almost lynched and nearly cast the final vote to deny morm his victory ...
Ha ha, well what about this then?
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
I could actually say the same to you: have you forgotten so quickly that I have voted for a wolf every single day?
Quote:
Me too.

I admit counting too much on the thought that Mac wouldn't be a wolf thrice in a row. But Mac and Nog's argument on Day 1 looked so pre-planned that I thought it could be possible they were the hunter and ranger and deliberately taking distance. Of course the thought of two teams never occurred to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucie
but everyone resolutely refused to suspect me (which presumably meant that you thought me a Wolf).
I thought you would have been our safest lynch- I was fairly sure that either Kath or morm was the wolf (my logic said it was morm but intuition that Kath). I have no idea, though, why I never went after you.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, some questions to the phantom.
In the role pm you said we were to appear as innocents but there was one situation in which you could have allowed it to change. What would that situation have been?
And would the game have ended if we had killed the wolf or would we have continued lynching one another?

And to the wolves... Which team killed which person?
Old 01-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #611
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
would we have continued lynching one another?
I asked him that. He said "Probably."

Well... he said more than that, and it was funny, but you'll have to ask him about the last two thirds of his response.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:16 PM   #612
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
Hehe. Did anyone mention that the phantom is a megalo-maniac?
Maybe rather maniac than megalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM
Oh man... I hope there will be a good old normal game after this cause this one really confused me.
Seconded.

Quote:
I loved following this game and have to say that all the ordos being cobblers actually made them all play "properly" IE speak out and not worry about own necks.
Not really. Personally I had a big problem with that and I am sure I played totally unnaturally. Agan, you really spotted something strange on me and/or did you add two and two and guess that we are all cobblers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
My original plan, had morm left Legate alive, was to go strongly against him using the argument that the Wolf was probably dead and he was the one doing the killing.
Funnily enough, of course, as a Cobbler, I hoped to get you to do that As much as I wanted Agan to get people to lynch me, the best on Day 7 or if I survived, then the last day (as seemingly everyone hoped).

Concerning Wolves, I was sure Mac is one from Day 1, later from Day 3 I also thought about Rikae. I thought both Nog and Nerwen innocent. In the last phase, I was quite inclined to think that Morm is a wolf (and I was quite happy that everyone was inclined to trust him), however, there were moments when I was not sure if there could not be anyone else (namely SpM on the Day when Farael revealed himself and Kath later).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
That's a fair point. Posing as the Seer might have been construed as suicidal behaviour, which was off limits. Although it might be argued in the alternative that, as long as there was reasonable doubt (and therefore not obviously suicidal), then it was legitimate for a secret Cobbler to pretend to be the Seer.
No way. If they revealed you lied, you will be lynched and you will be revealed as ORDO - that would be really strange and will probably ruin TP's main purpose, or at least undermine it, as all would wonder why an ordo did such a thing, concluding that TP lies by saying you are an ordo. And the other cobblers, of course, will start to be suspicious.

Anyway, that was a funny game... but phantom, despite the fact I really liked it, I am hereby saying, and I MEAN it, that you will NEVER ever get me to play YOUR game again. NEVER!

And btw great job, Gifteds, especially Farael. If you were not in a village full of cobblers, I am sure you could have won...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #613
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Go morm! You brought home the victory for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce
Oh, and it is most amusing how, in a village full of Cobblers (all of whom were presumably trying to vote for the most innocent looking villagers), we managed to accumulate so many votes for Wolves and lynch two of them in the first three Days ...!
In a way, that's a compliment to the wolves. We all seemed to have managed to be appear so innocent that the cobblers wanted to lynch us.

Quote:
But Mac and Nog's argument on Day 1 looked so pre-planned that I thought it could be possible they were the hunter and ranger and deliberately taking distance. Of course the thought of two teams never occurred to me.
As a wolf, I was happy that I could take the advantage of being able to do some honest wolf-hunting during the days and appear innocent by it. I was absolutely sure about Nogrod's guilt after his reply to me. It's funny: it seems like I was the only one who wanted to lynch him on Day One because he actually found him wolvish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Sorry about that.... we didn't really have a clue who to kill in Night Two, and we thought you might have been gifted. The one we tried to kill during Night Three was Eomer, by the way.

Two questions for Nerwen: did you try to kill me because you found me innocentish/seerish or because you thought I was a competing wolf. And who did you attempt to kill the first night?

Last but not least: Kudos to Farael! You and Boro clearly played best in this game!

PS: I knew there was something wrong with Aganzir. Although, considering the fact that there was something wrong with almost everybody, this doesn't seem like a great accomplishment.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #614
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
Oh, and it is most amusing how, in a village full of Cobblers (all of whom were presumably trying to vote for the most innocent looking villagers), we managed to accumulate so many votes for Wolves and lynch two of them in the first three Days ...!

The again, I suppose that the Wolves themselves helped out in that regard.
Indeed! And I find this a bit depressing...

SPM, you really haven't changed since Rikae's game.

An interesting game, but it was a pity that the players weren't allowed to reveal their roles to outsiders...
Old 01-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #615
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
The thought that we were all cobblers first occurred to me just after day 1. I actually considered starting to drop wolf hints to some players
I actually was sure at one point that you were a wolf because I knew the gifted by then and you seemed not cobblerish and therefore must be a wolf.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:03 PM   #616
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
An interesting game, but it was a pity that the players weren't allowed to reveal their roles to outsiders...
Yeah, and you would laugh at us as well! Forget that. One phantom and some sidekicks of his were quite enough.

And one more thing. I am not quite sure if morm's victory is a positive thing for us Cobblers. Yes, a Wolf has won, but I would say we should not celebrate the fact that one Wolf has won, but rather be happy that at least one Wolf remained till the end, otherwise we could already be kicking ourselves what miserable Cobblers we are. The last thing that remains for our professional pride is the fact that at least morm remained alive.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #617
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
It's starting to make sense now...

After being lynched on Day1 I just couldn't believe it. Was I playing that badly? I didn't think so. But yes, gathering all those votes from cobblers (and one wolf) that's more understandable.

Mac I must agree with you at least on one thing. Your first post screamed wolf to me and I was (maybe too) happy to go after you then. So I was doing some pretty sincere wolf-hunting there as well. And ending with Mac and Rikae as my main candidates wasn't that bad on the basis of Day1. I indeed PM'd Nerwen before being declared dead that she should try to go for the two so I believe Nerwen was behind the attack on Mac on that Night.

I also said to tp that there was something that was overall strange in that voting on Day1. I can now see why that was.

I don't remember reading a game I have dropped early on this enthusiastically! At one point I remember making tallies about voting just to stay on top of things while reading. Sadly I've had very busy days lately and lost much of the suspense of the last Days.

But excellent game indeed! (if sadly short from my part)

A bow to phantom for a genuine idea and to Fea for intriguing narrations.

And Farael sure was phenomenal. Even if I were a wolf I started to symphatise the villagers because of him and Boro. Sadly that was so wrong as there were no other goodies to symphatise.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:13 PM   #618
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Legate!

When you suddenly turned around and retracted to vote for me in the end of the Day1 I almost yelled out "et tu mi Brute!" to my computer as I couldn't believe you could be doing that on those grounds...

I can see the point now...

Well done!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:29 PM   #619
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
When you suddenly turned around and retracted to vote for me in the end of the Day1 I almost yelled out "et tu mi Brute!" to my computer as I couldn't believe you could be doing that on those grounds...

I can see the point now...

Well done!
Yes Actually, I was so convinced the whole Day that you are innocent, that I just yelled "Yay!" at the moment I saw your last post, "Now he made a mistake, this is a good thing to accuse him of! Oh Noggins, Noggins, how could you make such a slip?"

I am really sorry you died that early - but I'm sure you understand. Looking at it from my point of view, an innocent Nogrod who has this close to be lynched, and I am (as I thought) the only Cobbler in the village, and I can do that - now that would be a wonderful thing to do, wouldn't it?
Old 01-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #620
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
After being lynched on Day1 I just couldn't believe it. Was I playing that badly? I didn't think so. But yes, gathering all those votes from cobblers (and one wolf) that's more understandable.
You mustn't forget that you hadn't slept the preveous night...

It sure is tempting to try the style I used on the first Day of SPM's game, which is to vote the person you suspect the least
-
in cases unlike Farael 's revelation. I'm glad Mac didn't try to impersonate the Seer and did find it odd that Farael wasn't trusted outright for the lack of a competing "Seer".
Old 01-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #621
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Oh Noggins, Noggins, how could you make such a slip?
I'm not sure about the slip you mean... but actually I did blunder badly there. (Okay, just a few hours of sleep and all that) But I really could have saved myself at the last minute by retracking and revoting. I had a minute, well not a whole minute but anyway and I realised it only too late. It was partly due, I think, to the fact that I had made a decision not to vote either Nerwen (my mate) or Shasta (whom I felt bad for his track-record of being always voted on Day1) so I needed to focus on something else which meant throwing in a new candidate - and why not a rival wolf then? But I had one-tracked my mind with this so that I didn't notice my chance when I had the seconds to act (as it would have required a vote for either Nerwen or Shasta... eg. Shasta).

But as I said before: well done. That was a reasonable move from you Legate. But at that time I had no idea that you - and indeed the rest of the village - were cobblers. So thence my reaction then.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:53 PM   #622
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I'm not sure about the slip you mean... but actually I did blunder badly there.
Well, I meant in this post and the one after that, I really considered it silly that you mentioned Rikae's goodbye words "be good, for goodness' sake" - I was sure it was some momenary lapse of reason from you as an innocent, because basing your vote for her on this (apart from other things) was nonsense, but I thought it a good thing to base my retraction for you on. Of course, by swaying it a little to how it suits me.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #623
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah yes... the day of my revelation. I had meant on commenting on this, but then I got all caught up on what was happening on the village.

I think I owe y'all an apology 'cos I did not think many pleasant thoughts of most of you that day.... was I ever thinking the whole barrow downs had gone brain-dead!!my oh my... and Legate you helped the wolves more than what you'd know... the day I revealed, and having two "known" ordos, I figured that making sure they were trully ordos was more important than finding the last wolf, as I knew they were likely to be trusted inherently and may have coasted to a win if they had been the cursed. It would've been a toss-up as to whom I'd dream of, Morm or Saucie, but odds are I would've dreamt of Morm as SPM had seem ordo-ish to me.

However, your reasoning for voting me was just awful "I would feel bad for Lynching Macalaure and finding him an ordo while I wouldn't feel as bad voting for Farael and finding him the seer" and so I figured I should probably dream of you as there was something going on GAH! you cobblers you
Old 01-09-2008, 08:08 PM   #624
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
No way. If they revealed you lied, you will be lynched and you will be revealed as ORDO - that would be really strange and will probably ruin TP's main purpose, or at least undermine it, as all would wonder why an ordo did such a thing, concluding that TP lies by saying you are an ordo. And the other cobblers, of course, will start to be suspicious.
I'm not so sure that it would have spoiled phantom's ruse. There were enough strange things going on, and the likeliest explanation would have been some secret role which would not be revealed to the end. It's a question of where to draw the line. It might be said, for example, that voting for you (a known innocent) would have been against the strictures laid on us, and I even wondered for a moment whether voting for Farael on Day 4 was strictly within the rules (I decided it was, clearly). Causing confusion and trying to get oneself lynched are, depending on the circumstances, two important weapons in a Cobbler's armoury. Indeed, it is hardly surprising that many of us did not excel in our Cobblerdom, given that some of the oft-used Cobbler tactics were simply not available to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
SPM, you really haven't changed since Rikae's game.
Well, I can claim to have had a lot of experience as a Cobbler. This must be about my fourth Cobbleresque outing ... although I am not sure if this one really counts. And what is it about me that I am almost always evil if I have a role? Four times a Cobbler, three times a Wolf, once a Hunter and never a Ranger or Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
I also said to tp that there was something that was overall strange in that voting on Day1.
Well, I certainly felt something strange was going on throughout. All those Wolf-on-Wolf votes! I think that The Might was the only villager never to have voted for a Wolf (with the exception of Rikae, which was unavoidable). Which makes him top Cobbler! I did wonder at one point whether the Wolves had been instructed that they could only vote Wolf-on-Wolf, but there were some votes (only some, mind) which didn't fit that theory. But it made the voting record very unreliable and so made Wolf spotting even more difficult.

Quote:
It sure is tempting to try the style I used on the first Day of SPM's game, which is to vote the person you suspect the least
Clearly that's the standard Cobblery approach. The problem I found (and it was particularly acute in this game) was that, every time I tried to come up with arguments to suspect someone that I thought innocent, they ended up looking quite plausible, leading me to doubt my original conclusion and start believing the person that I originally thought innocent to be a Wolf (that happened with my views on Mac a few times).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
I think I owe y'all an apology 'cos I did not think many pleasant thoughts of most of you that day.... was I ever thinking the whole barrow downs had gone brain-dead!!my oh my...
Teehee. I did feel quite bad about my vote ... for about a second.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:18 PM   #625
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
Teehee. I did feel quite bad about my vote ... for about a second.
Saucie you are trully, fully and verily evil....ly
Old 01-09-2008, 09:48 PM   #626
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

STARTING ROLES

WW TEAM 1- Nogrod & Nerwen
WW TEAM 2- Mac & Rikae
SEER- Farael
RANGER- Boromir
HUNTER- Valier
COBBLERS- Aganzir, Azaelia, Eomer, Isabellkya, Kath, Legate, morm, Shasta, The Might, SPM

GAME SUMMARY

NIGHT 1
Farael's dream = SPM, appears Innocent (actually Secret Cobbler)

DAY 1
Lynch = Nogrod, Werewolf

NIGHT 2
Farael's dream = Boromir, Ranger
Boromir protects = Farael, Seer
Nog/Nerwen kill choice = Rikae, Werewolf
Mak/Rikae kill choice = Shasta, Secret Cobbler
Actual kill = Shasta, Secret Cobbler

DAY 2
Lynch = Valier, Hunter
Hunter Choice = morm, Secret Cobbler
Killed by participation rule = Azaelia, Secret Cobbler

NIGHT 3
Farael's dream = Mac, Werewolf
Boromir protects = Mac, Werewolf
Nerwen kill choice = Mac, Werewolf
Mac/Rikae kill choice = Eomer, Secret Cobbler
Actual kill = Mac, Werewolf (protected by Boromir so no death)

DAY 3
Lynch = Nerwen, Werewolf

NIGHT 4
Farael's dream = Rikae, Werewolf
Boromir protects = Farael, Seer
Mac/Rikae kill choice = morm, Secret Cobbler (Cursed)
Actual kill = morm joins Werewolf team

DAY 4
Lynch = Mac, Werewolf

NIGHT 5
Farael's dream = Legate, appears innocent (actually Secret Cobbler)
Boromir protects = doesn't matter
Rikae/morm kill choice = Boromir, Ranger

DAY 5
Lynch = Rikae, Werewolf

NIGHT 6
Farael's dream = Eomer, appears innocent (actually Secret Cobbler)
morm kill choice = Farael, Seer

DAY 6
Lynch = The Might

NIGHT 7
morm kill choice = Eomer, Secret Cobbler

DAY 7
Lynch = Isabellkya, Secret Cobbler

NIGHT 8
morm kill choice = Legate, Secret Cobbler

DAY 8
Lynch = Aganzir, Secret Cobbler

NIGHT 9
morm kill choice = SPM, Secret Cobbler

ENDGAME
morm kills Kath, Secret Cobbler
Old 01-09-2008, 10:07 PM   #627
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Heh heh. Yeah, someone has to, and it always stinks for them.

But remember, I told you when you died that it was actually a good thing in disguise. Now do you see why?

The night you died, Nog and Nerwen chose to attack Rikae- another WW! Your death saved her neck.
Quote:
In the role pm you said we were to appear as innocents but there was one situation in which you could have allowed it to change. What would that situation have been?
If one of the gifteds went and violated the participation rule, I would have authorized a random Cobbler to do anything he/she pleased.
Quote:
You should have pmed me, Volo. If you would have sworn yourself to absolute secrecy I would have let you in on the joke.

Great play from everyone, by the way! You cannot believe how amazing it was to watch the action with full knowledge of roles.

Yes, I put Mac and Rikae together on purpose.

Yes, morm was Cursed from the beginning. However, if the WWs would have selected someone else that night I was going to flip a coin to see if that person would be the new Cursed.

I had Farael and Boromir "survive" the game partly because a Cobbler broke the participation rule.

And don't feel too bad, Azaelia. Your timing mistake was an honest one, and quite frankly I would've been disappointed if I was not given a chance to dispatch someone with Mod-fire. I did it to Lhuna in the first game I modded, and it was fun, and I was itching to do it again.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #628
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

And special thanks to Fea. My schedule got crazy a few times, and I could not have made it through the game without her. And even if I could have, I still would have wanted her to write for me.

Excellent job!

*clap clap clap*
Old 01-10-2008, 08:30 AM   #629
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Agan, you really spotted something strange on me and/or did you add two and two and guess that we are all cobblers?
I never thought you were a wolf but you were certainly strange- in a cobblerish way. What made me sure was when you said I wasn't suspicious. (I'm not sure if you thought I might be a wolf. It was mostly the way you said it.)
I thought it unlikely that there would be two cobblers and, as there had been other weird persons as well, the idea that we all were just occurred to me and seemed to make so much sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
As much as I wanted Agan to get people to lynch me, the best on Day 7 or if I survived, then the last day (as seemingly everyone hoped).
I was quite sure Farael was going to dream of you but I was hoping the wolves would kill him. My intent was to make also myself look bad by wanting so vocally to lynch an innocent when there were quite few days left to find the last wolf.

Quote:
I actually was sure at one point that you were a wolf because I knew the gifted by then and you seemed not cobblerish and therefore must be a wolf.
That's why I kept labelling Rikae innocent (even with the risk of her being a gifted).
Old 01-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #630
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Hi everyone. Good game. I really enjoyed most of it (though I must admit my interest lessened when roles were not discovered on death).

Very unique idea, phantom. I like the whole Ulmo story.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #631
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I'm very relieved most of my theories, thoughts and brilliant plans were never made public and only discussed in private. The mods and audience would have been even more amused about our cluelessness (and at times, excitement because we seriously believed we'd figured it out). No, I am not going to share.

Good game everyone.

Yours,

Eomer's "little bird"
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:59 AM   #632
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Greetings, all! I just got back from a trip and I've been reading through all the posts. I do think it's funny that the fact that just about everyone was evil actually facilitated wolf-hunting in the first part of the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Two questions for Nerwen: did you try to kill me because you found me innocentish/seerish or because you thought I was a competing wolf.
We suspected you and Rikae on Day 1. I saw no reason to change my suspicions as the game unfolded– however, the strange way other people were acting led me to believe we had at least a couple of secret cobblers (though I never realized it was everybody). I guessed Farael was the Seer– which is why I tried to get on side with him. I meant to leave him alive until I'd dealt with the other team.

Ah, well. Best laid plans...
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote