The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2007, 12:00 PM   #241
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Basically my suspicion of her rests on the idea that she was being completely over the top. I like that she is defending herself because I think it possible that the two of us are seeing things from completely different points of view and that's causing the problem.
Well that certainly 'pinged' my radar and Kath has just promoted herself to a very respectable position on my suspect list.

Two reasons. First, Nerwen's reaction to the Seer-Cursed thing was early on in the game, when there was still some residual banter about. Her 'Come back!' was in reaction to Nog saying he was going off to chop wood or something. It doesn't seem 'completely over the top' at all to me. And secondly, Kath has given herself some 'wiggle room' to draw back from her suspicion of Nerwen here, saying that it might be because they are looking at things differently. She did the exact same thing yesterDay with Boro, as I recall. It seems to me to be quite a Wolfish thing to do - to advance a case and see what comes of it, while giving oneself room to withdraw from it if it doesn't take off.

Top suspects now:

Mac
Valier
Kath
Legate
Aganzir

... in pretty much that order, although it's pretty close between them all at the moment.
Old 12-27-2007, 12:22 PM   #242
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Well, I'll have to vote now. I really would like to get to the bottom of the Valier situation - perhaps her role will shed some light on Kath and Nerwen. I particularly think the way Valier and Kath deal with each other is fishy. Macalaure, if he's innocent, deserves a chance to explain himself, but I still think he should be watched very closely from now on. And so:

++Valier
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #243
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

I decided to take a claser look at The Might, since I haven’t got much of a read on him as yet. Day 1, his only substantive points, other than a few comments about the phanto-mod’s possible ‘twists’, involve going against Shasta and being somewhat defensive of Nerwen. If Shasta was targeted as a possible Day 1 scapegoat, then this might be indicative of Wolfishness. Also, he didn’t vote yesterDay, which has been explained, but seems a little convenient, given the interesting way that the votes went.

One thing that jumped out at me, though, is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Might
If I'm right about Shasta, then Kath seems suspicious as well, while Legate will probably be innocent.
You weren’t right about Shasta, but I don’t get your reasoning at all here. Would you mind explaining, please?

As for toDay, his vote for Eomer looks to be based on rather weak reasoning, and is likely to be somewhat of a ‘throwaway’ vote, given that Eomer (surprisingly, for him ) has not come under much suspicion thus far.

I also took a quick look at Valier, to see if my concern about her is warranted, and noticed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Well since now my time is even more limited I will try and explain myself as best I can. I know my reasons may not always be that good, I can only try. I like to read and observe how people interact with each other and their reactions to different situations. So saying that, my list of suspects is made up of people who I just don't quite get. Something seems furry about them. For now I think that in some way these 6 stand out to me in some way that don't feel good.
My list goes from most suspicious to least.

Nerwen
Shasta
Mormegil
Macalaure
Isabellkya
Kath
I understand that your time was limited, as was mine yesterDay, but a little explanation here wouldn’t have gone amiss. Fair enough, you work by hunches, but it would help if you gave a little explanation as to what you find ‘furry’ about your suspects. The same goes for the ‘circumstances’ vote for Aganzir which, although retracted, appears to have been based on very little indeed. It seems to me that those who are suggesting that you are relying on your reputation to avoid giving explanations may have a point.

I am going to have to vote now, as I may not have a chance to get back before the deadline. Currently, it’s a toss up for me between Mac and Valier. Valier has 3 votes and Mac none. So I’ll go for the one which has more chance of counting.

++Valier

Adios amigos!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:18 PM   #244
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Not much has been said since I've been here last. And even less has been to my liking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
At this point, my vote is likely to go to Macalaure, whose suspicions toward Aganzir simply have too little to back them up (why Aganzir? He seems to be just trying to convince us it's possible for her to be a wolf, without telling us why it's likely)
*sigh*
Do you want me to state the whole thing again with more detail? It seems futile right now, since Aganzir will hardly be lynched today. I'm not going to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espiem
Macalaure: I am still unsure about this Nog-Mac theory, but I have said more than enough about it already. Suffice to say that I think it a possibility and so could see myself voting for Mac toDay.
You know, Sauce, until now you were the one I considered to look most innocent. And now you put me on the top of your suspect list (even though you voted Valier) based on that - a possibility? You can't be serious...

It's funny that all the people who keep on suspecting me don't dare to put their money where their mouths are.

I had a closer look at Kath and found myself disagreeing with almost everything she said. Still, what she said seemed genuine and more innocent than suspicious. I always have a hard time figuring out Kath. Maybe we just have a different approach, since she seems to have a similar problem with me.

Right now it's:

Valier 4 (Legate, Nerwen, Rikae, SPM)
morm 1 (Boro)
Nerwen 1 (Valier)
Eomer 1 (Miggy)

It seems like the Nerwen bandwaggon is not taking off. Good. But I'm not too comfortable with a Valier-waggon as well. Since Aganzir will unlikely be lynched, I think I will vote my second-best suspect, mormegil. Among those who already have votes, he's clearly my favourite. Yes, I'll be there until the deadline to retract if something happens to change my mind, but I feel the need to have a competing bandwaggon right now, before the Valier-waggon gets out of hands, and I want it to be one that I like, so I won't end up choosing between two evils near the deadline.

++mormegil

Last edited by Macalaure; 12-27-2007 at 01:19 PM. Reason: fawlty grammar
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 01:21 PM   #245
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Nerwen

I hope to have enough time on lunch to quickly review Nerwen...so my format will be talking about points as I read them in her posts.

In post 84 she questions my early suspicions of Farael. I gave, at the time, the best explination I had which was admittedly very weak but I wanted to get things moving a bit and Farael seemed overly loud to me. If I remember correctly Nerwen has questioned others regarding their suspicions.

Post 90 she reminds us of the ability wolves have to PM each other. I think it could easily be a wolf reminding us of a rule to help her look good. She also points out that people were jumping aboard with Mac and me on our suspicions of Nogrod and Farael. At this point nobody was jumping on board and no bandwagon had formed. It is this behavior that makes me think she is jumpy. This could also be and early attempt to defend Nogrod and include Farael (who I think innocent) to round it off.

Post 93 she seems to get defensive quick and thought I was jumpy for explaining, as she requested, my suspicion over Farael. I basically said that I need to have some suspicions be it weak or strong and the best I had was weak. She seemed a bit over the top to me and I remember just calmly explaining this, so this seems odd.

Post 95 jumps out to me, in talking about the wolves being able to PM she stated:

Quote:
Of course they might also decide they can afford to start accusing each other, even this early in the game.
Honestly, I don't know what to make of this. She could be ahead of the curve on this and pointing out what could be happening or she simply could be a wolf and they had planned this strategy.

Post 103 she throws suspicion on Shasta over Shasta thanking her for pointing out that wolves can PM. She thought that Shasta might be pulling a double bluff but concluded that it is not overly likely. It seems that she is setting it up here to show that by knowing and pointing it out to others she is no longer suspicious.

Post 118 is a post which she moves around a lot and there is not a common thread. She writes off her 'cursed seer' thing as early day 1 silliness which is understandable. She talks a bit about Nogrod, Boro and Kath but no conclusions.

AHH I just looked she has a total of 35 posts! I only covered page 3 up to this point..I didn't even look on page 2. I doubt I'll get through most of her posts.

Post 136 she talks a bit about a few players and is sure not to commit to much of anything but this is interesting from the post

Quote:
At the moment I'm wavering between Morm and Shasta. I could be persuaded to vote Boro– or maybe even Kath (or Mac... or Nogrod...). We'll see
It's almost as if she is inviting somebody to sway her so that she doesn't take responsibility for her choice. She seems very non-commital in her thoughts and that always reeks of wolfish fur to me.

She ends up voting for Shasta who is innocent not that that alone means she guilty but it is something to be remembered.

Post 196 she explains the Shasta kill in a fairly satisfactory way. She talks briefly about the Nogrod wolf-on-wolf vote and says that it must have been a communication breakdown. No I think it was likely that you are another wolf and that if both you and Nogrod were saved at Shasta's expense there would have been two wolves revealed and not one. It would have been far too obvious.

This is all I have time for but I have a decent recollection of her other posts in Day 2 and those were the ones that really got me considering her in the first place so that coupled with what I have seen of her in the earlier posts leads me to believe that she is a wolf.

++Nerwen
Old 12-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #246
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
You know, Sauce, until now you were the one I considered to look most innocent. And now you put me on the top of your suspect list (even though you voted Valier) based on that - a possibility? You can't be serious...
Mac, you seem to suspect anybody who suspects you...it's not healthy, trust me. Sadly, I have a habit of doing that and more often than not I am wrong about it. It's a problem I'm working on...I think I'm on step 8 of a 12 step program. So while I understand the knee-jerk reaction it doesn't help allay my fears of you.
Old 12-27-2007, 01:35 PM   #247
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Mac, you seem to suspect anybody who suspects you...it's not healthy, trust me. Sadly, I have a habit of doing that and more often than not I am wrong about it. It's a problem I'm working on...I think I'm on step 8 of a 12 step program. So while I understand the knee-jerk reaction it doesn't help allay my fears of you.

You know, usually I don't automatically suspect anyone who suspects me. In fact, I frequently find myself thinking people who suspect me innocent. But this time I simply fail to see why I'm being suspected. I've heard a lot of "it's possible that he's a wolf" but very little that goes beyond that. Rikae's "his case against Aganzir is too weak" is probably the best one of them. I also can't shake off the feeling that at least some of the suspicions against me are wolf-made, but I yet cannot decide which.

Last edited by Macalaure; 12-27-2007 at 01:36 PM. Reason: bad grammar, again
Old 12-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #248
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Innocent:
Boro
Eomer
Farael
Kath
morm
Rikae

Guilty:
Mac. Reasons stated in 80% of my posts.
Legate. I can't really put my finger on it, but there's something wrong. He doesn't resemble any of those innocent-Legates (ordo, gifted) I've seen, but despite being slightly suspicious, doesn't resemble a wolf-Legate either. If there was a cobbler, I think he'd fit the role perfectly. He just seems to be a complete, deliberate opposite to the normal Legate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Do you want me to state the whole thing again with more detail? It seems futile right now, since Aganzir will hardly be lynched today. I'm not going to.
Well, at least I'd be interested to see it.
Though I can understand it feels a bit futile to spend much time and energy on a person you know is innocent. I will hardly be lynched today, true, but what if you will be? For an innocent, it should never be too early to tell clearly why he thinks someone is a wolf.
You had a better case against me when we were fellow wolves in the last game.

++ Macalaure

I'll take my dog for a walk & return then.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:05 PM   #249
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry folks, I'm feeling a little under the weather (Trust an University student to get sick right when he has time off to enjoy)

There's been a lot of talk since the last time I checked the thread, and I don't have the energy to do a comprehensive post with quotes and theories... believe it or not, and even if they sound far-fetched, they all take some effort.

So I'll write my thoughts on all the players as I may, paraphrasing and without quotes to back them up... I'll do my best to be clear as to what I refer to, but I don't think I can go quote-hunting right now

Looking Innocent
SPM: Trusting him dangerous, but I always tell myself that each village is a different world and that (while caution based on past experience is necessary) you can't suspect someone solely on the fact that they (pardon my french) screwed you over before. He is reasonable, calm and collected... I can't suspect him.

Boromir: He has a swagger about him and that may rub people the wrong way, but he has answered every concern raised against him reasonably. While "being defensive" is wolfish, he's not defensive, he's just genuine on what he says. Or at least, he seems genuine.

Mac: Sorry folks, but on Day 2 you have to put your chips somewhere and he is just not a good bet. True, it could be a smart plan by the wolves (And if it is, may Mod help us all... ) but right now I think it's not the time to go looking for far-fetched theories. Let's cover our bases first, if that does not work, we can take a look at Mac.

Looking alright

Legate: Perhaps he has not said enough for me to suspect him, but so far so good for Legate

Morm: He seems jumpy, but he did the same thing last village we played in when he was the Ranger. i am torn, as it may either mean that he has "a role" again (which could be anything from gifted to wolf) or that being jumpy is just Morm's style. The same I said for SaucepanMan applies for him... I'm not willing to let him off the hook because last time he acted like this he was a gifted, but for now I'm willing to give him a pass.

Aganzir I don't quite see how his vote for Nogrod makes him look bad...

Feeling unsettled about
Rikae this is a case of a player I never trust. She seems a little flippy-floppy on Mac and this may be because I understand they have a RL friendship, but it just doesn't look good to me... also, her vote for Valier looks awful safe yet...

Valier gotta say I have a soft spot for Valier. She joined the 'downs about the same time I did and we used to talk a fair bit... but that's not clouding my judgement enough for me to notice that she has almost no reasoning behind her suspicions. Now, I'm known for latching on to people and suspecting them to the bitter death (of either of us ) based on a hunch... but when I did that, I tried to make some sort of a case. Valier is just saying "I have hunches, trust me"... and she's been doing it for a couple games at least. She just can't be the Seer in all games!!!

Nerwen: She seems lost. Could be a misguided ordo, or a wolf who knows that looking clueless is a good way to avoid suspicion for a while. I can't figure her out

Might: Is anyone else finding him odd(er)? he posts little, and he said he missed the deadline last Day. I'm willing to trust him on that, but does that really make him look better? his missing of the deadline may have been what caused Nogwolf's plan to go awry.

Izzy: Can't get a feel for her.

Eomer: The Perma-distrusted, I suspected him earlier but now he's not looking as bad. Still, I'm not willing to give him a pass.

Zali: Can't say anything.

Edit: X-ed with Aganzir
Edit 2: Fixed poor grammar

Last edited by Farael; 12-27-2007 at 02:09 PM.
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #250
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Ah, you're right– but look at the times on those posts near the deadline. Votes were coming thick and fast and crossing each other, so he probably thought it was up to him.

Anyway, Nogrod had just started acting in an extremely wolfish manner. If I'd been there I think I'd have changed my vote to him too, to make sure. It all seems quite reasonable to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letage
If you look back then you'll see I cross-posted. So in fact, technically I was the one who put Nogrod in the lead. It was not extra vote, it was THE vote (looking from my point of view).

Ahh, I hadn't noticed the posting times.

I can't seem to get Nerwen out of my head. Just when she is looking more innocent than wolfy, she goes and says something which tips the scales on the wolfy side. So I will try to flush the thoughts out, so I can examine others.

There seems to be an innocentish style of writing or flow to her posts; yet some of the words in them.. are odd; they just don't quite fit.

Post #221; the timing of her 'Kath is wolfy because I was attacked' is unwarranted.. it almost has the feel like she is grasping at straws.. trying to make a case for someone.

Post #235. She votes for Valier; but up until the vote she didn't seem to be on the track of voting for her. She had expressed her exasperation at Valier's non/mis reading of her Kath post. Yet when she actually votes for Valier; she seems to have done it with a reason from SPM's previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
As we all know, she is a ‘hunch’ player, but my recollection is that she is normally quite confident in her hunches. Here, however, she seems far less sure about them. It doesn’t quite ring true to me, so I’ll be keeping my eye on her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
While there are a number of people I suspect, I think Valier is the most prominent. I know people say she has "hunches", but this time, at least, I think she's using her reputation.
Regarding Valier having hunches I have no idea; I don't know how much this has been discussed in previous games or where ever it could be discussed. It just seems fishy. In this game, I think I've only seen one person mention hunches in regards to Valier; yet it is a singular person.. not 'people'. I may be reading more into this than I should.. but I'm looking at everything in regards to this game, not previous games which I didn't play in.

Over all; there is a lot of agreeing with others and expanding on ideas/suspicions which others have had. As well as being a bit over defensive. If you have a thought, then say it when you have the thought. Otherwise it is looking to me as if you're trying to take the lead off of multiple people.. in the hopes of it not looking suspicious when you take the lead/hints from specific wolfy mates.

Okay, it is noon here now and two hours before the deadline. Off to eat lunch, then I shall return and continue looking over others. Right now I'm deciding between Aganzir, Legate, and Nerwen for a vote.

X'd with Mac, Aganzir & Farael.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #251
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Voting so far

Here is an up to date and accurate voting count...I think

Valier for Agan (Agan 1)
Legate for Valier (Agan 1, Valier 1)
Boromir for Morm (Agan 1, Valier 1, Morm 1)
Valier retracts Agan and votes Nerwen (Valier 1, Morm 1, Nerwen 1)
The Might for Eomer (Valier 1, Morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Nerwen for Valier (Valier 2, Morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Rikae for Valier (Valier 3, Morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
SpM for Valier (Valier 4, Morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Mac for Morm (Valier 4, Morm 2, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Morm for Nerwen (Valier 4, Morm 2, Nerwen 2, Eomer 1)
Agan for Mac (Valier 4, Morm 2, Nerwen 2, Eomer 1, Mac 1)

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:19 PM   #252
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alright, I've decided to vote now and use my retraction if I'm around later with a better idea.

You may notice from my previous post I just have no-one pegged as "very suspicious". Right now I need to get a better read on everything that happened today, and I don't know if I'll be able to muster the energy to do that before the deadline. So I'll vote even though I don't like it, for a reason that's coming up.

++Valier

I am voting for her on two lines of reasoning.

First of all, of all my "don't feel so good about" players, she's the one who seems the least helpful. Along with The Might I should say, but my second reason explains why I'm not voting for him. While I understand how hunches work, being a hunch-player myself at times, she's done nothing to win us over and her one attempt at a reasoning seems weak... I know Valier is smart and she COULD make a good case if she wanted.

But the biggest reason for my voting for her is that with the wolves being able to PM during the day and retractable votes, they still have too much control over who gets lynched. Of all the people who have gotten voted so far, Valier is the one I think has the best chance of turning out furry.

If I had to choose whom to lynch, I'd probably get rid of The Might with a similar case as what I have for Valier. He seems to be all over the place and not really contributing much... and his missing of the deadline might've been the reason why Nogrod did not act to save himself. Perhaps he was waiting on Might to do something at the last moment.

Edit: X-ed with everything after my last post
Old 12-27-2007, 02:44 PM   #253
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabell
Right now I'm deciding between Aganzir, Legate, and Nerwen for a vote.
And what is your reason for this, if I may ask? The timing of my Nog-vote (the only time Isabell has mentioned me was when she said that was worrying) is maybe a little bit too weak reason to base a vote on.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #254
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

While I do see where some of those who suspect Valier come from, I fear that lynching her means going the easy way. Yes, she's not being very helpful, but she rarely is early on, and she's being a little confused, too. It seems, however, that some only suspect Valier for being valierish. Of course, I also would very much like to see how her early hunch of Aganzir is going to turn out.

But I don't like lynching Nerwen as well, and I'm less certain of morm's guilt now.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:01 PM   #255
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
And what is your reason for this, if I may ask? The timing of my Nog-vote (the only time Isabell has mentioned me was when she said that was worrying) is maybe a little bit too weak reason to base a vote on.

I had said I was leaving and going to return before the deadline. That in that particular post, I was trying to get Nerwen out of my head. But I have no problem obliging and relating my issues.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #256
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

If it's the case that Shasta was slain out of fear of his being a Seer, then perhaps a wolf or two was involved in stirring up trouble for him yesterday. He did end up with a few votes, after all, and for rather dubious reasons. I didn't understand at all why Shasta was being picked on.

I'm probably wrong and not everyone acts the same way when a Seer, but I for one am always on the look out for Seer hints in the first few posts; and I am very sure that werewolves are too. So it might be possible that the wolves saw Shasta's rather prophetic musings on Nogrod -- in his first post -- and saw the gifted where there was none.

It might be a stretch but if it's wrong I remain baffled by the choice of kill last night, and there hasn't been too much discussion about it in the village today.

So the votes of Farael and Rikae look most suspicious. Nerwen (who I am still quite suspicious of, but mostly for other reasons) was at least undoubtedly interested in saving herself. Farael and Rikae: I realise that we all have to pick someone (and day 1 is the hardest) but why is it that you decided on this one player, who just happened to be so threatening to the wolves that they killed him despite his accruing more votes than any villager other than Nogrod?

Just curious.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #257
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Aganzir - You preferred to go with voting for either Nogrod or Shasta as they were among the lynching candidates. Yet, reasons for voting for either one were not apparent (unless I missed a post).. they seemed rather weak and allusive. It seemed that your objective was to get someone lynched; regardless of who it was. You voted Nogrod, but stated you would switch to Shasta if neccesary. What do you mean neccesary? If the voting had switched and it looked like Shasta would be a sure lynch?

You then even went as far as to threaten Shasta with a vote; if he didn't switch over to [b]Nogrod[/]. This implies more the need for a lynch. Why attack Shasta when he voted in regards to self preservation? Others voted to save others; as well as I believe Nerwen voted to save herself. Where is the threatening in terms of those people who voted in regards to preservation?

Drat, time is running away and I must vote.

++ Nerwen

For previously stated reasons.

x'd with Eomer.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:29 PM   #258
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

From my part, I can say I voted for Shasta as it was a "safe" vote... not safe as in "I won't get suspected over it" but rather safe in a "well, he's been all over the place, I don't think he's adding to the village and so even if I'm wrong I won't be getting rid of a player who's been coming up with valuable discussion"

Conversely, Nogrod did not look good to me, but I wasn't sold on his guilt and I felt I could've used another day's worth of his posts to determine whether I should vote for him or not.

As it turns out, I was far off

Keep in mind that hindsight is 20-20 but at the time Shasta did not look as Ordo as he does now

Edit: X-ed with... ugh, this doesn't show the last few posts. Ok, whoever wrote after Eomer
Edit: Isabell
Old 12-27-2007, 03:32 PM   #259
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Votes (Based on Morm's list)

Valier for Agan (Agan 1)
Legate for Valier (Agan 1, Valier 1)
Boromir for Morm (Agan 1, Valier 1, Morm 1)
Valier retracts Agan and votes Nerwen (Valier 1, Morm 1, Nerwen 1)
The Might for Eomer (Valier 1, Morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Nerwen for Valier (Valier 2, Morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Rikae for Valier (Valier 3, Morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
SpM for Valier (Valier 4, Morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Mac for Morm (Valier 4, Morm 2, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Morm for Nerwen (Valier 4, Morm 2, Nerwen 2, Eomer 1)
Agan for Mac (Valier 4, Morm 2, Nerwen 2, Eomer 1, Mac 1)
Farel for Valier (Valier 5, Morm 2, Nerwen 2, Eomer 1, Mac 1)
Isabell for Nerwen (Valier 5, Morm 2, Nerwen 3, Eomer 1, Mac 1)
Old 12-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #260
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Isabell, see my post #216. I explained my reasons for voting Nogrod and "threatening" Shasta, but if you are curious, I can explain it again with more details.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:41 PM   #261
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
From my part, I can say I voted for Shasta as it was a "safe" vote... not safe as in "I won't get suspected over it" but rather safe in a "well, he's been all over the place, I don't think he's adding to the village and so even if I'm wrong I won't be getting rid of a player who's been coming up with valuable discussion"

Conversely, Nogrod did not look good to me, but I wasn't sold on his guilt and I felt I could've used another day's worth of his posts to determine whether I should vote for him or not.

As it turns out, I was far off

Keep in mind that hindsight is 20-20 but at the time Shasta did not look as Ordo as he does now

Edit: X-ed with... ugh, this doesn't show the last few posts. Ok, whoever wrote after Eomer
Edit: Isabell
Woah! This post throws up red flags all over in my mind. He seems overly genuine, if you take my meaning. I was getting a good vibe on Farael for the most part until this. Granted, it's not enough to make me change my vote but I think it needs to be mentioned. Everything in it seems contrived. I'm not sure why, at this point, he feels the need to explain his vote; especially when there hasn't been many, if any, questions raised about it. Then the 'As it turns out and hindsight being 20/20' lines really bother me.

We have only Zali, Kath and Eomer who haven't voted...obviously Zali isn't likely to vote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #262
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Woah! This post throws up red flags all over in my mind. He seems overly genuine, if you take my meaning.
Hahaha Morm I think you and I will never see eye-to-eye. "overly genuine"? please... and the reason I answered Eomer's question is quite simple.

I'm here. I don't have the energy to spend re-reading today's posts. I want to help the village. I can help by explaining something that another villager asked.

Simple as that, if you want to start jumping at shadows be my guest, I'm not going to argue with you until I get a feel that you are furry.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:51 PM   #263
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

So it doesn't seem as if today's vote outcome is going to change. I'm not going to sacrifice Nerwen to save Valier, so I'm not going to retract. Let's hope the best.

I think that, lately, Aganzir is a little too confident that no convincing case can be made against her. We shall see.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:56 PM   #264
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I'm not too bothered who goes: Valier or Nerwen. They both seem a little suspicious to me, and I have no-one else I feel stronger about. But voting Nerwen might make for an interesting last couple of minutes.

++NERWEN
Old 12-27-2007, 03:58 PM   #265
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
I'm not too bothered who goes: Valier or Nerwen. They both seem a little suspicious to me, and I have no-one else I feel stronger about. But voting Nerwen might make for an interesting last couple of minutes.

++NERWEN
Now Valier still leads with 5 votes, Nerwen is the runner-up with 4.... a couple minutes to go
Old 12-27-2007, 04:03 PM   #266
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I rather thought Eomer was going to vote me again.

Would anyone consider switching to Valier now, in case Kath jumps in and finishes me off?
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 04:04 PM   #267
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I think the deadline has passed already, so it wouldn't count anyway, I think.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:08 PM   #268
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye deadline...

Voting is over.

Val's death will be up shortly.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:31 PM   #269
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye Day 2 ends....

Valier could only shake her head as the village turned against her. Fools! she thought. Don't they recognize when someone is trying to help?

As the villagers closed on her, she drew her Hunting knife and threw it forcefully into their midst. At this nearly every villager rushed her, fearing the further flinging of fast flying blades. But rather than fight she slumped to her knees and accepted the blows that began raining down upon her.

I tried, M'Lord... I tried...

One by one the villagers turned away from Valier's broken body, knowing that they had not lynched a Werewolf. At last only Azaelia remained in the middle of the square, seemingly doubled over in grief.

"Come on, m'dear," said Rikae, walking towards Azaelia. When she reached Azaelia, she placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Hurry, my apprentice. It will be night soon."

But Azaelia did not move. Eomer strode over and shook her slightly. When he released her, she swayed sideways and spilled out onto her side. The villagers gasped. Protruding from Azaelia's chest was Valier's Hunting knife.

"Look at the hilt!" shouted Legate. But there was no need- everyone had spotted it simultaneously. There was a symbol on both sides. They all knew it well, for it was the symbol of Werewolf Hunters everywhere.

And then night arrived, more threatening than ever.

Living-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Boromir88- assistant to the apprentice to Rikae
Eomer of the Rohirrim- gravedigger
Farael- conspiracy theorist
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
Legate of Amon Lanc- lamp-maker/fiddler
Macalaure- jailer
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
Nerwen- miller
Rikae- midwife/wise-woman
The Might- shephard
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker

Dead-
Nogrod, reticent lumberjack- Day 1 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (VILLAGER)
Valier, basket weaver- Day 2 lynch victim (HUNTER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- Day 2 Hunter victim (VILLAGER)

IT IS NOW NIGHT 3. YOU MAY NOT POST.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #270
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Night 3 ends...

The village did not sleep peacefully. During the night there was lightning and thunder, but not from the sky. It was in the clouds that had settled around the village. But it was no normal thunder and lightning. The light was brighter, and whiter, and the thunder was the booming of deep voices speaking words of power, and then crashing together. The voice from the outside was assaulting the fog.

The villagers stayed indoors and shook with terror, fearing the outcome of the battle, and hoping that Werewolves would not seek shelter within their homes.

Shortly before dawn a loud howl was heard, followed by a great deal of noise- the shuffling of feet, the breaking of wood, the thump of bodies landing heavily on the ground, but before it all the unmistakable ringing of a sword being drawn from its sheath.

After several minutes of clatter, a loud yelping was heard, as if some beast had been hurt. And then... silence.

As the dawn came, veiled and cool, the villagers emerged from their houses and were met with a surprise.

No one was missing.

"A victory has been had!" cried the voice outside the encompassing smokes.

"Nay!" answered the fog. "It is I who have had the victory this night."

"So say you!" returned the voice.

And the sun rose above the fog, and the village began to speak.

Living-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Boromir88- assistant to the apprentice to Rikae
Eomer of the Rohirrim- gravedigger
Farael- conspiracy theorist
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
Legate of Amon Lanc- lamp-maker/fiddler
Macalaure- jailer
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
Nerwen- miller
Rikae- midwife/wise-woman
The Might- shephard
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker

Dead-
Nogrod, reticent lumberjack- Day 1 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (VILLAGER)
Valier, basket weaver- Day 2 lynch victim (HUNTER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- Day 2 Hunter victim (VILLAGER)

IT IS NOW DAY 3. YOU MAY POST.

Last edited by the phantom; 12-28-2007 at 04:23 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 04:23 PM   #271
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hurray for the ranger! If I read the happenings of the night properly, he has defended one of our people successfuly.

I am posting mostly to say that I'm fairly under the weather and my activity level today will probably be low. Now with your excuse I'm going to go away and... craft some conspiracy theories?
Old 12-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #272
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Day 2 votes:

Valier: ++Aganzir (Aganzir 1)
Legate: ++Valier (Aganzir 1, Valier 1)
Boro: ++morm (Aganzir 1, Valier 1, morm 1)
Valier: --Aganzir, ++Nerwen (Valier 1, morm 1, Nerwen 1)
The Might: ++Eomer (Valier 1, morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Nerwen: ++Valier (Valier 2, morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Rikae: ++Valier (Valier 3, morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
SpM: ++Valier (Valier 4, morm 1, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Mac: ++morm (Valier 4, morm 2, Nerwen 1, Eomer 1)
Morm: ++Nerwen (Valier 4, morm 2, Nerwen 2, Eomer 1)
Aganzir: ++Mac (Valier 4, morm 2, Nerwen 2, Eomer 1, Mac 1)
Farael: ++Valier (Valier 5, morm 2, Nerwen 2, Eomer 1, Mac 1)
Isabellkya: ++Nerwen (Valier 5, morm 2, Nerwen 3, Eomer 1, Mac 1)
Eomer: ++Nerwen (Valier 5, morm 2, Nerwen 4, Eomer 1, Mac 1)

Did not vote: Kath, Azaelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Hurray for the ranger! If I read the happenings of the night properly, he has defended one of our people successfuly.
That looks to be what happened, and I hope that you are right, but the phanto-mod is a tricksy one, and the Night's events might be interpreted differently. Unlikely, I admit, but we cannot be absolutely certain.

I am afraid to say that I will not be around much toDay, for I have an appointment with my mind's eye to watch a musical enactment of events many years hence on a stage in a strange place called London. I hope, however, to be back before the deadline and I will be around now for a while yet.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:22 PM   #273
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Sting

A few things that I noticed from the back end of yesterDay:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Yes, indeed, it was a possibility. But, to my mind, there are no probabilities just yet, only possibilities. And it seemed the most likely to me out of a range of possibilities. As I explained at the time, I voted for Valier because I didn't see much prospect of my top suspect (you) being lynched and I wanted my vote to count. Hmm, who else didn't vote for their top suspect? Ah yes, it was you, wasn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
It's funny that all the people who keep on suspecting me don't dare to put their money where their mouths are.
The way that I am thinking at the moment, I might just take you up on that dare toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Would anyone consider switching to Valier now, in case Kath jumps in and finishes me off?
What are we to make of Nerwen's plea here, just after the deadline? Is it indicative of guilt, innocence, or neither? It sounds genuine to me, but it may well have been a bluff. The problem is, Nerwen has been right there in the thick of things in both Day's voting. I think that it was morm who said yesterDay that Nerwen's death might help to make things clearer. It may sound callous, but that is even more the case now, whether she be Wolfish or not.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:40 PM   #274
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I say we lynch either morm or Isabell today...either one I'd be happy with. If it was up to Me, that is, Another choice may prove to be Catastrophic...
Old 12-28-2007, 05:48 PM   #275
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
As I explained at the time, I voted for Valier because I didn't see much prospect of my top suspect (you) being lynched and I wanted my vote to count. Hmm, who else didn't vote for their top suspect? Ah yes, it was you, wasn't it?
Hang on, that doesn't coincide with what you said before you voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
Currently, it’s a toss up for me between Mac and Valier.
Yes, I was your top suspect before, but at the time you voted, you claimed Valier and I were even. You gave Valier the nod because of her number of votes, but you suspected her the same as me. Also, at the time you voted there were still enough people who were suspicious of me left to vote. Had I really been your top suspect, then a vote for me wouldn't have been in vain. Why are you twisting the facts?
Old 12-28-2007, 05:57 PM   #276
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Aren't we a little quick to be attempting a bath in blood so soon after our piece of good fortune Boro? Though I caught what you've done.. and it is a bit strange I must say.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:04 PM   #277
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I just like getting to business Isabell. Now, if you be innocent I'm sure you will put it to good use and I will assure you I won't call for your lynching. If not, that's a different story...
Old 12-28-2007, 06:06 PM   #278
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I say we lynch either morm or Isabell today...either one I'd be happy with.
Care to explain why Boro? I could go either way on both of them, but I have stronger suspects at present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Yes, I was your top suspect before, but at the time you voted, you claimed Valier and I were even.
Actually, as your helpful quote indicates, I said it was a toss up between you. You because you were (are) my top suspect, Valier because she was my second suspect and my vote for her was more likely to count.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Also, at the time you voted there were still enough people who were suspicious of me left to vote. Had I really been your top suspect, then a vote for me wouldn't have been in vain. Why are you twisting the facts?
I knew that Aganzir would probably vote for you. But, of those left to vote, it looked to me unlikely that anyone else would. I looked in for the last few minutes up to the deadline and would most likely have switched my vote to you had there been any possibility of lynching you.

I am not twisting the facts. Merely explaining my own thought processes. Why are you so eager to (mis)interpret them? Actually, I should say reinterpret them, as you clearly thought yetserDay that you were top of my suspect list and, on the basis of it, commented on me having voted for Valier instead of you!
Old 12-28-2007, 06:15 PM   #279
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

A quick look at the votes

Legate for Valier - an early vote which appears rather confused, but ordo-ishly confused.
Boro for morm - innocentish, I would say.
TM for Eomer- again a confused-looking vote, but in his case I'm not so sure whether innocently or not.
Nerwen - there's not really have the best reasoning behind her vote. But it doesn't look as confused as Legate, so the vote doesn't look exactly good.
Rikae for Valier - the vote which got the waggon up and rolling. Third votes for innocents look bad by default, but would Wolf-Rikae put herself into such a situation? Among morm, Nerwen, and Eomer there must've been another innocent to vote for which would have looked less bad. I'm not sure about Rikae. She bears watching.
SpM for Valier - same as above, a Saucepan Wolf could have easily found someone better to vote for. Still worth watching, though.
morm for Nerwen - Valier's innocence makes morm look better, I think. Another vote for Valier, easy to justify, would have saved him (4-2 at the time). Of course he'd easily be gutsy enough to risk it and not get his hands dirty.
Aganzir for Mac - yes, she goes along with her suspicion, but what she ultimately does is to throw her vote away.
Farael for Valier - if morm or Nerwen are wolves, then Farael likely is one, too. Otherwise, it's just a safe vote. A little suspicious.
Isabell and Eomer for Nerwen - if we only knew Nerwen's role.

No vote that screams wolf, but a lot that are worthy of watching based on them, I think.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #280
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
Actually, as your helpful quote indicates, I said it was a toss up between you. You because you were (are) my top suspect, Valier because she was my second suspect and my vote for her was more likely to count.

I knew that Aganzir would probably vote for you. But, of those left to vote, it looked to me unlikely that anyone else would. I looked in for the last few minutes up to the deadline and would most likely have switched my vote to you had there been any possibility of lynching you.

I am not twisting the facts. Merely explaining my own thought processes. Why are you so eager to (mis)interpret them? Actually, I should say reinterpret them, as you clearly thought yetserDay that you were top of my suspect list and, on the basis of it, commented on me having voted for Valier instead of you!
I just reread your vote post to make sure I didn't get it wrong, but I don't think I did. It might well be that this was your thought process, but that doesn't get clear to me from your post alone, and that is all I can interpret. As for my comment yesterday, I was wondering why two people who suspected me in a row suddenly put other people at the top of their lists just before they voted. I was also joking a little (note smiley).