The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 01:45 PM   #121
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Some have said it, and I'll just spit it back out. Being either the EW or GW is in all likelihood going to take an amount of commitment, which would most likely not suit someone whom may have larger RL time restraints.
Ah, yes, you have pointed out the logical and natural starting point for hunting down the EW. In our search for the EW we simply can't get to everyone, so we have no choice but to rule out as best we can a portion of the village. The most obvious way to do this is to consider who would actually apply to be the EW, and your point about RL time constraints is a good one, but scary at the same time.

Suppose that one of our extremely busy members is actually not that busy and has been lying through their teeth on the admin thread this whole time. If that is the case then essentially this game is already over, because we simply will not find them out because of the fact that we have to rule someone out!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Hehe, Phantom, don't you know that it is I who will be multi-scried?
Grrr... I will be quite upset if that happens!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother
He's not the cobbler, he's a very naughty boy.
Ha ha ha!
Quote:
Really, I simply can't stand this statistics business, especially on day one.
What? You don't like numbers? But numbers are my friends! Much better than people, they are- numbers don't have bad moods, won't stab you in the back, and don't make you listen to how their day was. They just sit there, waiting to be used, willing to bend to your will. Numbers are awesome!
Quote:
Stop it now, or you'll go to bed without supper!
What?! Starving your own flesh and blood?

You must be a Wolf!

But seeing as I've still got to eat, I suppose I can let it slide. It might be kind of cool having a Werewolf for a mother. What do you think, Dad?

And where is my little sister!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #122
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sorry about the quote mix up, Mac. I had just woken up and was trying to get ready for work. It's fixed now. I don't why my post looks bad to you, unless you're worried about the village benefiting from my experience. Perhaps you could be clearer.

There's been numerous comments about how difficult Day 1's are, and how we likely won't catch a wolf. I'm not gettting into it. You all should look about at all the signatures that say "Fenris Wolf" to understand the flaws in those statements.

Durelin, I couldn't agree with you more about the compromising. People should vote for who they think is guilty.

Sally's vote for phantom seems a bit odd. I know, I think he's horribly suspicious at best, or a diliberately unhelpful villager at worst (And yes that is the worst of the two). But she doesn't give much reasoning herself. It's alomst as though she tried to guess the flow of conversation and encourage it towards phantom.

Advice for the village- avoid stating whom you trust/ think looks innocent. You'll only be giving the EW easy choices.

I have to vote- I don't have time for more.

++Phantom

Good hunting. Hopefully, I'll be back tomorrow with further insight for the village into the role of the EW.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:48 PM   #123
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I've been jumping on you all your life, naughty child, and don't think that's going to stop!

But Nerwen looks bad to me. Soon as I voice doubts about her she says that I'm ''jumpy'' and votes for me -- despite not waiting for my riposte in our discussion (known because she cross-voted with me).

I'm thinking about voting for THE Ka, for her carelessly copying Roa's misquote about me. Although she doesn't really make a big deal of it, which makes me wonder.

Hmm.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:50 PM   #124
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I forgot about the "unwilling to answer my question" part. I did think Legate rather answered your question, whether you got the answer you wanted or not, Mac.

Actually the question was a little much, too. What's the use of labeling phantom as cobblerish? Getting him ignored? Well...

Yeah, my mind's jumping around. I need to go back and read instead of pulling from memory one piece at a time.

Edit: Crossed with Mother.

Good point. Even Lhuna gets to jump on me for every little slip of my phial... Where is that horrible sister of mine, anyway? We stopped the in-character posts for you, you can come back now!

Last edited by Durelin; 06-03-2008 at 01:56 PM.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #125
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
I don't think the EW is going to tell the wolves about each other, and I don't even think that s/he's going to reveal to them. But what s/he might do, I think, is give them a shortlist of non-evil team people to frame for lynching, in order to stop them killing each other by mistake.
I'm quite certain that he did.

I had already planned to go back over today's events after the day is over and look for this precise behavior. There are a few different ways in which it could manifest itself. But naturally I'm not going to say it now.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #126
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
WHAT IS THE QUESTION.
What. makes. the. phantom. appear. cobblerish?

"Just look at his posts" is not an answer.

Actually, I only asked in the first place to get some response from you, not necessarily an answer to the question. The response I got - and you won't like my conclusion.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #127
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
About the phantom: he seems merely to be playing with the dynamics of this game. Because of the uncertainty whether one will wake up on the same side tomorrow as one is today, he has interpreted the role of villager as neutral rather than on the side of good. All this boy needs is a little direction.

He may be a wizard and playing a bluff. I doubt he is a wolf.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #128
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith View Post
So here's a possible way to catch wolves - who's trying to trump up a spurious charge against someone, and are there any patterns there?
I don't completely understand you. And whatever it is you mean, it won't work anymore. Quite bad to suggest to the Wolves as soon as Day1 what they should avoid doing. If you have a plan how to spot Wolves, keep it hidden and don't tell it to the Wolves. Your idea of a shortlist is quite odd on its own.

edit: Xd since Cailin.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #129
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Oh, come now Roa. I haven't been unhelpful. All I've done is accurately described the situation we are in, and mixed in a bit of deliberate pessimism. Heh heh- I think you've actually seen me do that before. You didn't like it much then either, did you?

But I don't wish to start the lynch mob in your direction either. You're probably not a WW now, but doubtless you will be one later on. I can't imagine the EW could resist recruiting a former EW to his side.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:02 PM   #130
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Sally's vote for phantom seems a bit odd. I know, I think he's horribly suspicious at best, or a diliberately unhelpful villager at worst (And yes that is the worst of the two). But she doesn't give much reasoning herself. It's alomst as though she tried to guess the flow of conversation and encourage it towards phantom....

++Phantom

This looks a bit odd. Slandering (well, thats a bit of a harsh word, but still, you get the point-perhaps scold is a better word) Sally for voting phantom and then voting for him yourself. And yu also didn't give a reason.

I also find THE Ka a bit suspicious, she's not really saying much, and doesn't seem suspicious- but that just makes her more suspicious to me. I have a feeling that she's hiding something.

Another thing I've beent thinking about is that maybe the EW will only tell each WW another WW's identity, so they can work together, but will not be able to reveal the whole group if the are converted. But this could only happen later on in the game, when there will undoubtedly be more WW's (and I'm sure a real WW will use this as a quote to "prove" that I'm a WW by way of a slip- but its not). I would probably do that if I was the EW.

x-ed since Roa

Last edited by Eönwë; 06-03-2008 at 02:10 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:04 PM   #131
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
What. makes. the. phantom. appear. cobblerish?
Good then. Because in that case I already answered you and I don't need to bother with that anymore. If it does not suffice it is your problem. Besides, in that post where I mentioned Eddie Murphy I elaborated on that quite a lot.

Now let's leave my slightly deaf-becoming uncle and go on with something more concrete.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:10 PM   #132
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I think it'll be a lot easier to find the EW in a couple days (sooner, if possible, but I don't think that's likely) and concentrate on finding wolves for now, as it'll be easier to find the EW once we see her style of wolf-picking.
This is one statement I agree with.

Something about Mac's "likes and dislikes" made me raise an eyebrow, but I lost the quote. I'll go back and find it.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:12 PM   #133
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Now let's leave my slightly deaf-becoming uncle and go on with something more concrete.
Not just yet, although I do agree that you've been on that tp-Cobbler thing for much too long. I pretty much agree that he is Cobbler-like, quite useless and probably one who won't become any clearer as the game advances. Argh. I wouldn't put it past him that he's Wolf, even in a situation like this.
Anyway, what do you mean by this:
Quote:
LG, Volo, eventually Gwath... still those who figure upper on my list. Now even there are their interactions, which are really interesting "in-group", but then, do the Wolves know each other or don't they? And even if they do, would they interact so? And even if they don't know, what would such interaction mean?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:24 PM   #134
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Like: Aganzir, Kitanna, phantom, morm

Some like: Volo, Ka, Sally, Isabellkya, Lommy, Durelin

Only a little like: Lhuna, A Little Green

Not very much like: Shasta (shady agreement with Roa), Cailin (really not sure what to make of her list), Legate

No like: Roa (what I said earlier, plus a simple very bad hunch I got from her last post)

Really not sure: Brinniel, Lalaith, Gwath, Rikae, Celuien, Kath

Still asleep: Nilp, Eonwe, Diamond, Nerwen, McCaber.
I don't know how much help this is, since we've apparently moved on from this topic, but it seems to me, reading back, that the main advocates for searching for wolves versus searching for the EW were Roa, myself, Lhuna, Brinn, and Cailin. The ones advocating searching for the EW were Phantom, morm, and Gwath. Looking at Mac's list, it seems to me that he is quietly suspicious of everyone who wanted to look for the wolves first; "Only a little like" (Lhuna), "Not very much like" (me, Cailin), "No like" (Roa), "Really not sure" (Brinn).
Old 06-03-2008, 02:33 PM   #135
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I dare say that you are looking to be the most cowardly of us all, phantom.
Though cowardly isn't quite the word I want, sheepish and fatalist came to me as well - but neither quite fit either.

You seem to be continually mentioning/thinking that based upon one or two circumstances, could possibly and will resign us to a dooming fate - within the first few Days of the game. Rather than focusing on such such things, maybe it would be a good idea to actively hunt for the wolves. hmm?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:35 PM   #136
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Not just yet, although I do agree that you've been on that tp-Cobbler thing for much too long. I pretty much agree that he is Cobbler-like, quite useless and probably one who won't become any clearer as the game advances. Argh. I wouldn't put it past him that he's Wolf, even in a situation like this.
Anyway, what do you mean by this:
Eee, Volo, I only hope one answer would be sufficient for you, okay? Anyway, I don't have much other to comment on, so I can give it a little time. But just a little, mind you.

I find you folks somewhat suspicious, as I said already in my, I believe, it was my first post at all. Here, I say that this suspicion continues, and what I had in mind by the interaction is mainly the start of page 3 where there was some discussion around that "We wolves" typo (? ) of yours, Greenie took part in it, and then you suspected her. It was just kind of a "chat" you had there, it seemed... I don't know, odd, the way you treated each other. Actually, seeing that from current perspective it does not seem that odd anymore. Anyway, to finish it, back then, in the end of the quote of mine, I relativised it again, raising questions which I don't have answers to and which I am not even sure about they have any answers - what could this interaction mean in the case you were or were not wolves and if that even were possible for you to be wolves and know each other etc. That would be it, probably.

Btw, when I am at it: what I don't like about you the most was your post #55 (the one where you had all these boldened words like "madness" and "dangerous") and the overall tone of it didn't seem to me like your normal self.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #137
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I dare say that you are looking to be the most cowardly of us all, phantom.
Though cowardly isn't quite the word I want, sheepish and fatalist came to me as well - but neither quite fit either.
Fatalistic is a good word, sister mine. :P
Old 06-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #138
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I skimmed the thread again and found disappointingly little. It's getting too late here to effectively read or think... Among those that have escaped me so far, all I noticed is that Brinniel stated the more or less obvious a little too much.

Rikae has joined the ranks of those who want to go after werewolves and not the EW, which makes her slightly suspicious, at least from my point of view.

Other than that, my suspects remain Roa, Legate, and Shasta, but I seem to be alone with it, which is discouraging.

I think better of Cailín.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
I don't know how much help this is, since we've apparently moved on from this topic, but it seems to me, reading back, that the main advocates for searching for wolves versus searching for the EW were Roa, myself, Lhuna, Brinn, and Cailin. The ones advocating searching for the EW were Phantom, morm, and Gwath. Looking at Mac's list, it seems to me that he is quietly suspicious of everyone who wanted to look for the wolves first; "Only a little like" (Lhuna), "Not very much like" (me, Cailin), "No like" (Roa), "Really not sure" (Brinn).
You're absolutely right there. I do think it's suspicious to favour lynching werewolves over outing the EW. Killing a wolf is excellent, outing the EW is crucial. Anyway, it was not just the opinion by itself which made me suspicious of those, but also the way it was delivered. Actually, that list itself was of very little help back then - I made it mostly to make up my own mind.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:44 PM   #139
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Must run quickly - lots of things to do.

I like tp just now in my quick analysis. Seems sensible.

Also, I tend to fall more towards trying to find the wizard before wolves category - priority is towards stabilizing the population because otherwise the supply of new wolves is endless. How to do this, in answer to someone's question above (I forget whose), is trickier, but I hope that a combination of scrying and seering would help with it. Otherwise, I don't really know. Of course, if there's 'obvious' wolvishness (whatever that may mean in a power structure like this) it should be acted upon.

And now for a more or less random vote...

++Izzy
Old 06-03-2008, 02:47 PM   #140
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
But what s/he might do, I think, is give them a shortlist of non-evil team people to frame for lynching, in order to stop them killing each other by mistake.
I think this sounds plausible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
This looks a bit odd. Slandering (well, thats a bit of a harsh word, but still, you get the point-perhaps scold is a better word) Sally for voting phantom and then voting for him yourself. And yu also didn't give a reason.
Not really. It's possible that both sally and phantom are wolves; that wouldn't stop them from voting each other - especially in a game where the wolves don't know one another by default (but in some games wolves also vote for each other intentionally).
Roa pretty much gave reasons in her earlier posts, whereas sally's vote came rather out of the blue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
I also find THE Ka a bit suspicious, she's not really saying much, and doesn't seem suspicious- but that just makes her more suspicious to me. I have a feeling that she's hiding something.
The only strange thing I see about her is that I'm used to her being, hmm, happier and crazier. But I don't think she's really suspicious now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Eee, Volo, I only hope one answer would be sufficient for you, okay?
I have an interpretation! I have an interpretation!
Wolves are afraid of coming across as jumpy and defensive so they try to answer accusations with as little effort as possible. Then their explanations don't really make sense so they're forced to explain the same things over and over again.
It quite looks like that in Legate's replies to Mac.

I don't really know yet who I will vote. Legate or sally (), or Brinniel, Cailín or Gwath. Phantom amuses me so I'd rather keep him alive.

edit: xed with Shasta, Mac & Celuien
Old 06-03-2008, 02:49 PM   #141
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
You're absolutely right there. I do think it's suspicious to favour lynching werewolves over outing the EW. Killing a wolf is excellent, outing the EW is crucial. Anyway, it was not just the opinion by itself which made me suspicious of those, but also the way it was delivered. Actually, that list itself was of very little help back then - I made it mostly to make up my own mind.
Why? I agree that there's no reason we shouldn't keep an eye out for the EW, but even if we were to find her on Day 1, there's nothing we could do about it until Day 4. By then, assuming we haven't found one wolf, there could be many as six WWs about (depending on how lucky the GW is with her scrying). It seems like it would be more important to search mainly for wolves in order to keep their numbers down until the EW becomes vulnerable.

Last edited by Shastanis Althreduin; 06-03-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: X'd with Celuien and Agan.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:59 PM   #142
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

The voting so far-

morm for Brin
Sally for tp
Gwath for Sally
Kit for morm
Nerwen for Cailin
Roa for tp
Cel for Izzy

tp- 2
Brin- 1
Sally- 1
morm- 1
Cailin- 1
Izzy- 1

I'm winning! I'm winning! I'm... oh... *frowns*
Old 06-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #143
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I have an interpretation! I have an interpretation!
Wolves are afraid of coming across as jumpy and defensive so they try to answer accusations with as little effort as possible. Then their explanations don't really make sense so they're forced to explain the same things over and over again.
It quite looks like that in Legate's replies to Mac.
Aganzir, I love you! If I wasn't taken already, I'd be in line with your suitors. That's what I've been thinking all along. Thank you for putting it into clearer words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
even if we were to find her on Day 1, there's nothing we could do about it until Day 4.
True, but if we haven't found him by Day 4, we're in an uncomfortable situation. By the way, I'm not saying we should neglect werewolves - all baddies are equally important. But this discussion is becoming more and more uninteresting.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #144
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
The voting so far-

morm for Brin
Sally for tp
Gwath for Sally
Kit for morm
Nerwen for Cailin
Roa for tp
Cel for Izzy

tp- 2
Brin- 1
Sally- 1
morm- 1
Cailin- 1
Izzy- 1

I'm winning! I'm winning! I'm... oh... *frowns*

You read my mind! I was just scrolling down and thinking "My, how nice it would be if there was a vote tally!" Thanks Phantom!

Okay, that's about all I've really got time for. I'm going to look at stuff real quick and see what I've got to add in the next....erm....like two minutes. *hates her lack of participation*
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #145
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
There have been points against Gwathagor and I have to admit they make sense. However, Gwath has been a wolf so often of late that I would really not prefer suspecting him yet. (I know, this is rather unreasonable. And contradictory too, for - I won't start this, don't be afraid - I would indeed have picked him if I were the EW.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I don't like this that much. Not sure why, but following someone with a suspicion like that... my dear sally does not seem suspicious in any way, she is behaving like she's always, and also she simply voted and that's it. Nothing weird there.
Well, young man, they say that love makes even the wisest of us blind and my daughter is an attractive girl (of course she is: she has her mother's genes), so I won't blame you.

Quote:
Well you're right there - at least that's what I did in Volo's game. But that argument doesn't quite apply to here - the wolves just can't play the way they'd like. If they don't know the EW's identity, they have to be careful not to accidentally accuse her.
Well, not exactly. I trust the wolves to trust the EW to be resourceful enough to overcome such minor things.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Also, she's not the tiniest bit concerned about flushing out gifteds.
Can you elaborate what you mean by that?
If you take it out of the context it does seem quite silly, but I was merely continuing on the trail of thought I had started before. I simply meant that you seem so reckless that you're not concerned about flushing anyone - gifteds included - out, while normally innocent people avoid that.

Quote:
Assumption: Brinn is a wolf. She doesn't know her fellows, and she's afraid she would slip it later. She says her opinion is that the wolves probably don't know one other, and therefore she knows there cannot be connections between them. Now it's clear for everyone that it's her opinion, and she won't be questioned later if she speaks like the wolves didn't know one another for sure.
And that comment looks plain fishy.
Got it?
Well, that's what I thought you meant but it makes little sense to me. Rather far-fetched, I should say. Why would anything like that occur to anyone?

I can somewhat second Rikae's submarine-suggestion. If I don't have suspicions by the time the deadline comes/ I go to sleep (whichever takes place first), I will vote a submarine. Sadly, it's a difficult job to figure who's one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Suppose that one of our extremely busy members is actually not that busy and has been lying through their teeth on the admin thread this whole time.
It's utterly useless to speculate about that. I prefer to trust that no one lies on the admin thread. If they do and win based on that, shame on them. They cheated. Enough said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín
About the phantom: he seems merely to be playing with the dynamics of this game. Because of the uncertainty whether one will wake up on the same side tomorrow as one is today, he has interpreted the role of villager as neutral rather than on the side of good. All this boy needs is a little direction.
Now that was a good analyse. Sadly, it points exactly why I have an urge to get rid of him. I distrust him, even though I'm kind of assuming he's on the same side with me. He's just plain confusing, and just see what he's trying to start now, at this phase of the Day: another would-be debate about whether the EW told the wolves one another's identities. Really makes me want to murder him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Looking at Mac's list, it seems to me that he is quietly suspicious of everyone who wanted to look for the wolves first; "Only a little like" (Lhuna), "Not very much like" (me, Cailin), "No like" (Roa), "Really not sure" (Brinn).
I was starting to say that that's not really suspicious as people tend to suspect people who disagree with them, but then I remembered that Mac didn't clearly disagree with those people. Very interesting. But anyhow, I doubt Mac-wolf would do something that transparent...

edit: xed with #138 and everything after it...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:17 PM   #146
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Gah. I'd just got my voting tally all ready to roll and phantom beat me to it.
Well, I read through everything and it seems to me like both Cailin and Brinniel are both being quite helpful and saying constructive things...not sure why people have highlighted them for suspicion. (As for Cailin's suspicions of me, clearly the EW does not share her high opinion of the black sheep )
Volo and Aganzir both seem quite contradictory in their points, but I haven't played with either of them before. Nerwen too is worrying me , and Roa. I've picked up a similar vibe from the all...Don't say who you trust! Don't say who you suspect! Don't say what your plans are for catching wolves! What exactly are we supposed to talk about then?

There seem to have been two ding-dongs in process, the early one between Roa and Phantom, and a later one between Mac and Legate. As for the first pair, its par for the course and they could be on opposing sides, same side, anything really. The Mac and Legate row seems somehow more manufactured.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #147
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
And am I right in thinking that the only ones left to post are Di and Nilp?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:22 PM   #148
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I am completely exhausted (something called "jet-lag", apparently, whatever a jet is) so I'm going to vote now and go to bed.
++morm
Of those I've seen acting suspicious, he's the most submarine-like.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #149
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Phantom amuses me so I'd rather keep him alive.
Aw, thanks Agan.
Quote:
Rather than focusing on such such things, maybe it would be a good idea to actively hunt for the wolves. hmm?
That's what I'm doing. Or rather, I'm trying to encourage lots of reactions/talking/etc that I can look at and digest after the day is over and then start hunting Wolves.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to catch one today. Today is one of the only chances we have of actually keeping the WWs from making an extra kill. Once they have four it will be extremely difficult to get them back down to three, so if we can keep them from getting to four tonight that would really help.

But as I pointed out before, our chances of hitting a WW while looking for the EW are probably just as good as hitting a WW while looking for a WW (at least on Day 1), and thus I do not want to lynch anyone today that people agree is not likely to have applied to be the EW.

Does everyone understand that point and agree with it?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:25 PM   #150
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Agan is definitely not sitting right with me. Really. There's something too... cunning and sneaky in her manner. I don't trust her a little bit. Something in her manner sharply reminds me of her in the Day0 of Volo's game where she was wolf but did not know the identity of her fellows. I can't say what exactly is the thing that is similar, but there is a freaky similarity. I think it has something to do with a certain devil-may-care attitude when it comes to accusing people. I bet that if she's a wolf who has not been told her fellows' identities, she does not care if she lynches them or not, she just wants to stay alive and thus accuses those that genuinely seem wolvish to her. Also, she's not the tiniest bit concerned about flushing out gifteds. I may be reading too much into this, but I think there's this sort of recklessness behind her posts and I do not like it. But if we better wolf candidates, I'm all for keeping her as she's quite sharp and can benefit us as much as her own team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan, in answer to the underlined part
Well you're right there - at least that's what I did in Volo's game. But that argument doesn't quite apply to here - the wolves just can't play the way they'd like. If they don't know the EW's identity, they have to be careful not to accidentally accuse her.
Actually, Lommy made a very good point about Agan. She [Agan] certainly tosses suspicions that way and this way and banters an unnerving ammount of time. At points I'm not sure whether she's joking or not, and that I regard dangerous, because she can always decide later which way she meant it. Ok - maybe I'm only complaining that she's joking at all as I'm refering to her suspicions in #68.
But what is more suspicious is her answer to Lommy's suspicion. I don't think it makes a difference and it certainly doesn't work as a defence.

It's quite unnerving to me, but I however agree with Agan about Legate. He felt systematical, tight and nastier than usually in the beginning, and although Mac overdid his questioning a bit, Legate got unnecessarily glued to the question of tp's cobblerism. Then he changes back to good ol' kind Leggie when he answers me and changes the subject away from tp in the post before. He must have realized that there was something wrong with what he was doing. Yes, also this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggie
Eee, Volo, I only hope one answer would be sufficient for you, okay? Anyway, I don't have much other to comment on, so I can give it a little time. But just a little, mind you.
He noticed it! (Personally though, I find his answer good enough and quite sensible. Does it mean he's admiting that it isn't sensible? :S)

Lily I do suspect slightly, but her I suspect even when we aren't playing Werewolf. I'll see what it is this time later.

edit: Xd with all since #144.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #151
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++ Roa

I need to vote, part random mixed with suspicion.

X'd with phantom and Volo.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #152
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

++ Phantom

He bothers me the most, out of everyone I find not-quite-right.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #153
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Still not much ideas, I'm afraid. I'm bothered by the amount of random votes cast toDay. There's been, what, three somewhat random votes (and at least one with no explanation) in the current total of eight votes. I think it is too much and I don't like it. Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it.

I might vote Gwath toDay. Others that worry me are McCaber (under the radar and inactive), the phantom (I have honestly no idea of what he's aiming at, and it starts to irritate me) and possibly Agan (there is something in her overall manner that just doesn't sit right with me).

Other than that, I don't have much to say. I'll be back to vote if nothing else, probably well before the deadline considering my current rate of tiredness. (<- is that even a proper word?)

EDIT: x-ed since Rikae
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:35 PM   #154
Volo

Tp is being framed quite a lot - I'm quite confident about it. Even though he's all amazing and handsome and everything great, his situation looks exactly like so many Day1 lynches of preveous games. Somebody who's doing something crazy/unusual and is lynched because of that, and of course, is Innocent. An easy lynch, this one!
I'm aware that I contradict myself, because I have not the slightest idea about tp myself otherwise and am quite annoyed with such a style, remembering Fea, but the outcome looks grim.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #155
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Aganzir, I love you! If I wasn't taken already, I'd be in line with your suitors. That's what I've been thinking all along. Thank you for putting it into clearer words.
I am flattered. Anyway, glad to be of some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Well, that's what I thought you meant but it makes little sense to me. Rather far-fetched, I should say. Why would anything like that occur to anyone?
I don't know. Maybe because it looks like that.

Quote:
And am I right in thinking that the only ones left to post are Di and Nilp?
Yes.

Quote:
Does everyone understand that point and agree with it?
Makes sense to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
At points I'm not sure whether she's joking or not, and that I regard dangerous, because she can always decide later which way she meant it. Ok - maybe I'm only complaining that she's joking at all as I'm refering to her suspicions in #68.
If you can't figure out whether I'm serious or not, I'm most likely joking.

edit: xed with Greenie and Volo
Old 06-03-2008, 03:43 PM   #156
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Look at what tp wrote (boldening and underlining is mine):

Quote:

That's what I'm doing. Or rather, I'm trying to encourage lots of reactions/talking/etc that I can look at and digest after the day is over and then start hunting Wolves.
Is that before or after you've killed them?

Anyway, I've been quite suspicious of his motives the whole time, so:

++the phantom

Last edited by Eönwë; 06-03-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Eönwë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:44 PM   #157
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ok, I'm back and better than ever. So I'd rather keep the phantom around, just because I haven't played with him yet, but I am keeping him under suspicion. He's said some things I wouldn't expect him to.

My darling Aganzir, well, I think she's more innocent than not. But I can't say the same for some of my other relatives.

Well, I hate flying under the radar like this, but I'm running out of time toDay.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #158
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Makes sense to me.
Glad to hear it. Really, the things I've been saying all along have a huge amount of truth in them. Perhaps it is uncomfortable to hear, but you cannot pretend that I am showing the situation for anything other than exactly what it is, even if I am doing it in a fatalistic manner. It ought to at least help everyone make sure their priorities are in order.

The voting-

morm for Brin
Sally for tp
Gwath for Sally
Kit for morm
Nerwen for Cailin
Roa for tp
Cel for Izzy
Rikae for morm
Izzy for Roa
Shasta for tp
Eonwe for tp

tp- 4
morm- 2
Brin- 1
Sally- 1
Cailin- 1
Izzy- 1
Roa- 1

Out of those that have votes thus far, I certainly do not wish to lynch myself.

morm.... nah. Not now.

Roa, Izzy, and Cailin- definitely not now.

So that leaves Sally and Brin.

Unfortunately I haven't played much with either one and I haven't had time to go back and reread this thread to look for things, so I really can't say if I suspect them or not. Certainly I'd prefer them to the others at this time.

What about Di and Nilp? If you've played with me before you know that it really bugs me when people don't post. Even though she hasn't said a word I'd rather vote for Di at this point than any of the others who already have votes.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #159
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Is that before or after you've killed them?
What do you mean by this?

(It's not allowed to edit posts in WW, except for marking cross-posting, even though it's enjoyable - I know from experience.)

edit: Xd with tp
Old 06-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #160
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Wow. There are still 17 votes left to be cast, and only one hour left.

It will be quite busy in the next 60 minutes I am thinking.