The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #161
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
A thing I was to say already in my last post but forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Sadly, it points exactly why I have an urge to get rid of him. I distrust him, even though I'm kind of assuming he's on the same side with me.
I feel uneasy how Lommy keeps using the term "same side". She did it also earlier, in #90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
But if we better wolf candidates, I'm all for keeping her as she's quite sharp and can benefit us as much as her own team.
Makes me wonder whether Lommy is a wolf trying to find her pack the EW didn't reveal her.

And if there was a list of non-wolves and my name was on it, it would explain her attacks against me. I wouldn't put it past her to try to find her fellows like that.

edit: xed since m'dear McC
Old 06-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #162
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Is that before or after you've killed them?
Ha ha ha!

I'm not a WW, Eonwe. Yes, no doubt the EW would like to have me on the team at some point, but not at the start!

I'm too likely to be scried by the GW, dreamed of by the Seer, or lynched early for doing something crazy.

But once past the opening couple days- that is when you'd want to convert me.

If I was a WW I would show up mid-day and try not to rock the boat too much on Day 1. Wouldn't you?
Old 06-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #163
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Wow. There are still 17 votes left to be cast, and only one hour left.
This is most amusing. I probably just now realized that this is one huge village!

Quote:
What about Di and Nilp? If you've played with me before you know that it really bugs me when people don't post. Even though she hasn't said a word I'd rather vote for Di at this point than any of the others who already have votes.
Why so? It could well be a wasted vote/lynch as there is modfire in this game. I remember Nilp missing Day1 before, but he did come back on Day2. Then again, ok, it is frustrating - haha, I done it myself too. What haven't I done yet...

edit: Xd since quoted post.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #164
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I thought Deadline was at 11pm GMT.. which is roughly 6 minutes from now. Or is toDay 25 hours long? Or am I failing at timezone conversion?

X'd with phantom and Volo.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #165
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
++NERWEN

Not really a retribution vote, rather I don't have any other strong suspicions; so as not to incur the wrath of Roa and her ilk, I will vote for who I deem evil. There's still a chance we can lynch her today. Here's why she's suspicious:

Her opening post seems rather wolvish to me: it's long and doesn't say much; she criticises other people's methods, in order to achieve a place on the pedestal of sense. She accuses me of making pointless lists, but then gets defensive and votes for me after I questioned her virtue.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #166
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I thought Deadline was at 11pm GMT.. which is roughly 6 minutes from now. Or is toDay 25 hours long? Or am I failing at timezone conversion?
11 pm gmt which is 12 pm gst. Still an hour to go.

edit: xed with Cailín
Old 06-03-2008, 03:57 PM   #167
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Ah, I see that Ka has me figured out.
Naturally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Oh, and yeah, my the phantom wanting attention comment was supposed to mean he always wants attention, though it was worded strangely. I was in rant-mode, so I was just typing whatever came out of my head. Probably do that too much.
No worries, my brain is certainly off somewhere today as it seems my workload for classes has doubled today, belgh. Probably am going to be killed for it, but oh well, I tried to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
*pats the Ka*
So, does this mean you'll take my finals for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Roa's mistake is a bit strange, but Ka's words about me over faulty evidence is more worrying. Based on events of Day 1 she's right at the top of my suspicion list.
That hit me in the face five minutes afterwards when I was starting my car up for work, I confused names. I actually started with Celuien, then was in a hurry and going over posts one one time and noticed that a few others put your name instead, then I thought I was wrong in my quote, etc. I'm terribly sorry if it offended you, I trust you it was a mistake.
Though, I understand your right to feel insulted completely and would take no hurt if you wished to vote. I'm actually a bit surprised at my sloppy confused self right now too.

Though tp's lists can be as suspicious as everyone else's, I will have to agree with him on this (even if he apparently started the EW or wolf debate, but I suspect this was just to get the rest of us to actually start talking...):

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Oh, and as far as deciding who we should try and lynch, the EW or WWs, does it really matter much who we gun for?
No it doesn't at all, but that does leave us with relatively no plans later on. Though, toDay might as well be the fuel for that plan, whatever it becomes, later on.

Okay, so I'm quickly running out of time before the deadline hits, and I won't be here in the next few hours, so I am going to vote (yes random, I feel horrible about it), but after looking back on my posts I think I do have some actual suspicions to it. Not because of any reasons for being 'unorganized' or having little in posts (okay, who truly is 'organized' with their reasoning on day one? if that were the only reason I could vote myself out as well), just past actions of acting strongly for contradictory arguments.

++Celuien
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:58 PM   #168
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Izzy - I'm going by the fact that Day started at 11.56pm. So I'm assuming it ends just before midnight.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #169
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Bah. I think I'm going to bed now. My vote shall be

++ Gwathagor

for reasons stated earlier, because at this point I have found no better lynch candidate to go for.

Vote well, little ones, and sleep well after that.

EDIT: x-ed since tp
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:00 PM   #170
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Hello, I'm back...a little later than planned, I must admit. But goodness, a vote for me already...and didn't I only make two posts?

Well, it took me about an hour to catch up on all the posts. It's nice to see so much discussion, but at the same time it can make it so much more difficult to get a detailed analysis of everyone. While I do like to be thorough, being the slow poster I am, it'd probably be deadline before I finished doing all the analysing I'd like to. And with so much reading in one sitting, I admit sometimes halfway through one post I'd forget who was doing the posting...then of course I half to scroll up and check, then re-read.

First off:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
So, the plan's lynch people at random in the hope that some of them will turn out to be wolves, who will in turn give a clue to the EW?
No, that's not what I said. All I meant by it was that's it's more important to find the wolves right now. If we happen to catch the EW, that's great, but we have better odds in finding the wolves and by catching one we'll get a better idea who's the EW. That doesn't mean we have to lynch people by random. Just because there aren't connections between the wolves doesn't mean there aren't ways to find them suspicious; there are ways...as you mentioned in your first post. Besides, in a typical WW game while there may be connections between wolves from the start, we can never see those connections at Day 1...not until after there's been a lynch. So really, I see this Day 1 as any other. We should lynch whoever we think is acting most suspicious...I don't see how else to do it.

Some people who have caught my eye:

morm: Well, honestly I don't see what he finds so suspicious about me...but I don't find his accusations suspicious itself. He says it's partly gut feeling and since he had to vote early I can kind of understand...I tend to follow my gut as well, especially if I have to vote early on.

Lommy: I agree with a lot that she has to say and she seems to be making sense. She looks more innocentish for now..

phantom: Very attention seeking, but I don't think that's suspicious behaviour. Someone previously mentioned that they really do think he just wants to capture attention from the wizards...and I think that's true.

Volo: Did make a slip, but that's certainly not reason alone to suspect him.

Kitanna: Is very sisterly in defending me. I don't exactly agree in her suspecting morm, but I can understand her reasoning. Innocentish.

Aganzir: Currently the best lynching candidate I have. It's something about her tone...and her two line responses to many quotes that sets me off. Plus, her reasons for suspecting me seem flawed. I almost feel like she's feebly trying to bandwagon with morm. Err...well I don't think those are strong enough reasons for a vote, but I'm definitely going to go back and have a better look at her...

We still haven't heard from Di or Nilp. Where are they?

Anyways, I'm sure I'll be x-posting with many....

EDIT: Sure enough, I x-ed with five others...and that's not including what I read in the preview page!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #171
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Well, young man, they say that love makes even the wisest of us blind and my daughter is an attractive girl (of course she is: she has her mother's genes), so I won't blame you.
Maybe it's like that. (In fact, I thought someone would post that... I thought the same when posting that.)

Quote:
But as I pointed out before, our chances of hitting a WW while looking for the EW are probably just as good as hitting a WW while looking for a WW (at least on Day 1), and thus I do not want to lynch anyone today that people agree is not likely to have applied to be the EW.

Does everyone understand that point and agree with it?
Yes, but my personal belief, as stated somewhere high above, is that it does not matter in the end. It will be *somebody*. But as for that, Greenie as well as Volo could do for the above, now I am inclined towards LG (just why can't I remain with this label of mine and get influenced by the others?) somewhat more. However still I can't say it will be that much... you know, not that sure. I am a little (green okay, that was a stupid joke) worried in her case that I may really, really be doing wrong to her by that. More than I would be in Volo's case, or Gwath's case, for that matter. I would formulate it this way: LG is more suspicious overall, but I am more worried that I am mistaken in her case. Volo, for example, is less suspicious than her, but I will feel more sure with him.

And for all further voters: I don't think phantom is a good idea on vote. Not at all. He is innocent, I says. Although I see this "spirit of relativism" is settling down on me, as always... but that early...

EDIT: x-ed since some... well surely before the start of this page. Before #161.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #172
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I also forgot that we are in Daylight Savings here.. so there is a seven hour difference, rather than the usual eight. Ahh phoeuy.

Quote:
Quote:
phantom
Wow. There are still 17 votes left to be cast, and only one hour left.
Volo
This is most amusing. I probably just now realized that this is one huge village!
Ahaha, I did was well when you both pointed it out. 17 votes left.. sheesh.

X'd with Green, Brin, Legate. Spelling error.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #173
Volo

morm for Brin
Sally for tp
Gwath for Sally
Kit for morm
Nerwen for Cailin
Roa for tp
Cel for Izzy
Rikae for morm
Izzy for Roa
Shasta for tp
Eonwe for tp
Cailin for Nerwen
Ka for Celuien
Lily for Gwath

tp- 4
morm- 2
Brin- 1
Sally- 1
Cailin- 1
Izzy- 1
Roa- 1
Nerwen- 1
Celuien- 1
Gwath- 1

Crazy Day! Probably the most half-random votes for different candidates in WW history! And I myself was thinking Agan or Legate...

Xd since Lily
Old 06-03-2008, 04:07 PM   #174
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

The voting-

morm for Brin
Sally for tp
Gwath for Sally
Kit for morm
Nerwen for Cailin
Roa for tp
Cel for Izzy
Rikae for morm
Izzy for Roa
Shasta for tp
Eonwe for tp
Cailin for Ner
Ka for Cel
Green for Gwath

tp- 4
morm- 2
Brin- 1
Sally- 1
Cailin- 1
Izzy- 1
Roa- 1
Ner- 1
Cel- 1
Gwath- 1

Regarding the most recent votes-

I don't want to vote for Cel. She could be a WW, but nothing has stood out to me and I don't think she is the EW.

Gwath- no clue. I need for the day to end to have time and go back and read over people's posts.

And then there's Nerwen. Finally someone cast a vote for someone who made my top 5 list. Right before the game started I made a list of the most likely Wizards, you see, and Nerwen was in the top five.

So right now she's my favorite target of the ones that have votes at this point, but I really ought to go back and read what she's posted today. Maybe after reading I won't be so inclined to vote for her.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #175
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, here's my vote.

Once again, I don't have much time personally to explain it, but

++Nerwen

Last edited by McCaber; 06-03-2008 at 04:09 PM. Reason: xd with phantom
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:09 PM   #176
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Makes me wonder whether Lommy is a wolf trying to find her pack the EW didn't reveal her.
I think Aganzir may be reading too much into how something is phrased. I mean, first me and now Lommy...

I really would like to vote Aganzir, but I worry that may spread out the voting too much. I don't want to see tp lynched as I also think he's probably being framed..

Perhaps I should take a look at the others being voted for...
Old 06-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #177
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

There are still 14 votes left out there, in case you were wondering.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #178
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Tp is being framed quite a lot - I'm quite confident about it.
Maybe, maybe not. I wouldn't be surprised if in the end, all who voted him to his death were confused ordos, while the wolves stayed away from him so they won't look bad (which is very easy given the way the votes are spread).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
he's all amazing and handsome and everything great
It's the genes.

It's getting late here. Let's add another name to the pool. It's size is already hopeless anyway . I'm going to vote for my top suspect...

++Legate of Amon Lanc
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #179
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I think Aganzir may be reading too much into how something is phrased. I mean, first me and now Lommy...

I really would like to vote Aganzir, but I worry that may spread out the voting too much. I don't want to see tp lynched as I also think he's probably being framed..

Perhaps I should take a look at the others being voted for...
I tend to do that. Always.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #180
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Silmaril

The deadline is by the 'Downs time 11.00 PM GMT sharp.

That means something like 11.03/04 PM GMT real time.

Just watch the 'Downs clock at the bottom of your window and remember to update the page. All those votes with the marking 11.00 PM GMT will be counted. All those going over it will not be counted.

EDIT: Sorry I posted this with Greenie's name already but deleted it then. We're all three (Lommy, Greenie and myself) using the same computer so just forgive us...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #181
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
And then there's Nerwen. Finally someone cast a vote for someone who made my top 5 list. Right before the game started I made a list of the most likely Wizards, you see, and Nerwen was in the top five.

So right now she's my favorite target of the ones that have votes at this point, but I really ought to go back and read what she's posted today. Maybe after reading I won't be so inclined to vote for her.
Two minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Well, here's my vote.

Once again, I don't have much time personally to explain it, but

++Nerwen
Is it just me, or is it just a random thing (however I think McCaber could write such a short post under two minutes, no?), or is it the first real bandwaggon-jump I saw here? It will be probably too obvious, though. But, if McCaber really has not much time on his hands, why not do it... McC, have you seen phantom's post before you posted...?

EDIT: x-ed since the quoted posts
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 06-03-2008 at 04:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:15 PM   #182
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Hmm...
I've been sitting here pondering my Volo/Aganzir/Nerwen/Roa axis of concern, while trying to keep up with new posts and voting.

I said earlier that Cailin had been talking sense, and her case against Nerwen echoed many of the thoughts I've been having. Aganzir I'm almost equally concerned about (this casual habit of picking up of theories and putting them down again) but of the two I think Nerwen is the more likely to be a EW.
Roa - would she be a wiz two games in a row? I doubt it. And Volo...he's talking a bit more on my wavelength in the last few posts he's made.
And then there's the Mac/Legate thing, I will keep an eye on that too tomorrow, if I am spared.
Enough pondering, it is time to act.
+++NERWEN

Last edited by Lalaith; 06-03-2008 at 04:17 PM. Reason: cross-posted with everyone since Volo...I know, slow posting...
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #183
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'd love to vote Agan and I know Brinn and Volo could do that too, but that really isn't much as tp already has 4 votes... I know I don't really enjoy him being around as he's mostly baffling and a nuisance but lynching him, I think, would be a mistake...

But none of the other vote candidates really appeal to me either... I must think.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #184
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Is it just me, or is it just a random thing (however I think McCaber could write such a short post under two minutes, no?), or is it the first real bandwaggon-jump I saw here? It will be probably too obvious, though. But, if McCaber really has not much time on his hands, why not do it... McC, have you seen phantom's post before you posted...?
I don't know. It did surprise me a bit when I refreshed the page to see, so soon after my post, a vote for Nerwen. I can't remember how much time elapsed though. There's a huge difference between 179 seconds and 61 seconds, both of which could mark the possible gap between the two posts.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #185
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I'd love to vote Agan and I know Brinn and Volo could do that too, but that really isn't much as tp already has 4 votes...
I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

I don't really understand this Nerwen bandwagon, and I'd rather let her live.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:26 PM   #186
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I just poked my head in and I haven't read anything since my vote but I looked at the vote count and I think it foolish to lynch the phantom at this stage. I say this from the vantage point of having a great deal of familiarity with him...don't let his abrasive nature make you think he is guilty.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #187
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
But as I pointed out before, our chances of hitting a WW while looking for the EW are probably just as good as hitting a WW while looking for a WW (at least on Day 1), and thus I do not want to lynch anyone today that people agree is not likely to have applied to be the EW.
Does everyone understand that point and agree with it?
Yes and yes, for me. But the current voting situation may affect my choice more than that, and people's level of suspiciousness definitely will.

Anyway, like I just said, I'd love to vote Agan. I'd also like to vote Kath because she has been rather unconstructive toDay, will probably slip under the radar, could have applied to be the EW and would be a good wolf pick for the EW. Sadly, I might have to choose someone else...

edit: xed with tp, Agan and morm
Old 06-03-2008, 04:28 PM   #188
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Why does phantom have the most votes?

It's between Cailin and Nerwen for me. Could go either way, but of the *lists* they each made, I think both Nerwen's were more looking-like-helpful but not actually helpful, while Cailin's was more controversial. So, Nerwen's were safer and more useless. I'm thinking Nerwen, but I need to read

But then, Eonwe's voting post is ridiculous.

Don't get Isabel's vote.

So, has Greenie been as consistent as I recall in her chugging along against Gwath and now voting for him? Yes, consistency makes me wonder...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
But goodness, a vote for me already...and didn't I only make two posts?
And yer point is? You're just lucky Nogrod's busy being...dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
it seems to me, reading back, that the main advocates for searching for wolves versus searching for the EW were Roa, myself, Lhuna, Brinn, and Cailin. The ones advocating searching for the EW were Phantom, morm, and Gwath. Looking at Mac's list, it seems to me that he is quietly suspicious of everyone who wanted to look for the wolves first; "Only a little like" (Lhuna), "Not very much like" (me, Cailin), "No like" (Roa), "Really not sure" (Brinn).
Yeah, he's said that several times. You're conclusion from that is...?

Aganzir still bothers me. Need to focus on her the next reading-over I do. (Or rather, the first real reading-over I do...)

But right now I find Nerwen's posts and behavior the most suspicious and I actually have a sort of gut feeling about her that's not good.

++Nerwen

Edit: Crossed with everything from Volo's vote count.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:29 PM   #189
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hey all. Sorry, I've been hanging out in Cel's candle shop, eating her candles.

And that's my half-hearted attempt at being in character.

Personally I'm going to leave most of that fun to the mod, and his narrations.

That said, I feel inclined to forgive my big brother for expressing a desire to lynch me... it's phantom, this game won't be as fun without him, so I'm disappointed to see a lynch party amassing for him.

I haven't played WW for a long time and I'm very much out of the habit, so all these posts are fairly overwhelming. I should post more tomorrow, if there is a tomorrow for me... also need to read the rules again to make sure I know what's going on.

In the meantime, since it's half hour before the deadline I'm going to muse upon who to vote for in order to spare phantom the lynch. Not gonna lie, that's my only motivation right now.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #190
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I don't really understand this Nerwen bandwagon, and I'd rather let her live.
Agreed. And I really wouldn't like to choose between Nerwie and phantommy, because then I'd reall vote the latter, and like I just said, I think it would be a mistake. Like Volo said, it'd be just like so many recent villages: lynching an oddly behaving yet contributing villager who turns out to be innocent...

edit: xed with Dury and... Di! Fantastic!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #191
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm glad that you see where I am coming from Lommy.

Now, what do you know about Agan? Do you think she is the sort who would volunteer to be a Wizard? Does she have time for it?

And I agree with you about Kath. She was on my top five list as well.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #192
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Now, what do you know about Agan? Do you think she is the sort who would volunteer to be a Wizard? Does she have time for it?
Big yes to both. And she'd sell her soul to be the EW.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:34 PM   #193
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well look who decided to show up- my baby sister! Maybe I won't try and lynch you after all.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #194
Volo

Quote:
Yes and yes, for me. But the current voting situation may affect my choice more than that, and people's level of suspiciousness definitely will.
I for one don't agree with tp. The people to apply for the position of a Wizards are probably not the flying under the radar people that have been said to be good choices for the Wizards for their minions. So we're not hunting the same people. I'm not quite sure if Nerwen would apply for the high post of a Wizard, neither I suspect her, after reading through her posts. I think we'd get more out of her on the later Days that would reveal her role.

Legate probably applied, but Agan is a great choice for a Wolf. Kath most certainly applied, but I have no ideas about her at the moment. Ok, let's do something before things are completely futile!

edit: Xd with all since Dury's vote.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:35 PM   #195
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Sally: Nothing about her screams suspicious. I don't feel like she gave enough reason behind her vote, but really that's it...

Nerwen: A lot of people seem to find her suspicious. I admit I was trying to see her as a possible candidate, but I can't find a good enough reason to vote her...

Cailin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
I'm thinking about voting for THE Ka, for her carelessly copying Roa's misquote about me. Although she doesn't really make a big deal of it, which makes me wonder.
I don't like the idea she'd consider voting someone for copying a misquote. It's a big game and people are unintentionally going to make mistakes. I know I'd probably make the same mistake as Ka. I also don't really like how she so suddenly jumps on Nerwen.

Hmm...I have no idea what to think about the others. Urgh, I'm running out of time...

Anyways, I could vote for Aganzir or Cailin. But I won't go for the tp and Nerwen bandwagon.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #196
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
This 'choosing' thing is a bit silly, Lommy. Vote for who you feel is suspicious! Aren't there still a number of votes floating out there anyway (no, you can't rely on people showing up, but...)? Going on about how you don't want to vote for someone and making it seem like you have to...that's like sugar-coating to hide wolfy-ness.

Edit - crossed with a few people but doesn't really matter.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #197
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

The voting-

morm for Brin
Sally for tp
Gwath for Sally
Kit for morm
Nerwen for Cailin
Roa for tp
Cel for Izzy
Rikae for morm
Izzy for Roa
Shasta for tp
Eonwe for tp
Cailin for Ner
Ka for Cel
Green for Gwath
McCab for Ner
Mac for Legate
Lal for Ner
Dur for Ner

tp- 4
Ner- 4
morm- 2
Brin- 1
Sally- 1
Cailin- 1
Izzy- 1
Roa- 1
Cel- 1
Gwath- 1
Legate- 1

10 votes have not been cast.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #198
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Legate probably applied, but Agan is a great choice for a Wolf. Kath most certainly applied, but I have no ideas about her at the moment. Ok, let's do something before things are completely futile!
Hmmm... Legate has said he's in the middle of his final exams, so I don't know if he'd be mad enough to apply to be a wizard. Of Kath I'm not sure either - I'm not sure if she's ambitious (if that's a good word here) enough to apply...

edit: xed with tp, Brin and Dury (whatever their order was)
Old 06-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #199
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

What's with all the questions, Lommy? You make the impression of a person who doesn't have own opinion to think. Which I don't think you are. Anyway, there's still looots of people to vote, so tp can be "overvoted", I think. Not that I see Nerwen lynched rather than him... although she might be a wolf, or an EW, maybe rather than him.

Tp, as for Agan being the EW... she well enough could. If it were to choose between her and some of the other two named, even she would do... but then... I really don't know. At least at the beginning I thought her innocentish. Lately probably other people's observations, or suspicions of her, influenced me as well in some way. But there are still other options which I had earlier... hm.

EDIT: x-ed since phantom's 191 post
Old 06-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #200
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
ambitious
I think the word is hubris...