The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #201
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Hmmm... Legate has said he's in the middle of his final exams, so I don't know if he'd be mad enough to apply to be a wizard. Of Kath I'm not sure either - I'm not sure if she's ambitious (if that's a good word here) enough to apply...
Well, but Kath has nothing better to do and Legate's exams just ended (Shire thread- hey, this is stupid!! So metagame as can be - and hey, I've done that too myself!)

edit: Xd since quoted post.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #202
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I just had a random (okay, not so random, because people are talking about it, as always) thought... So...we treat 'bandwagons' like negative things. Doesn't it take a bandwagon to actually get anyone lynched? Isn't a bandwagon just any number of people voting for the same person?

Yes, I'm going to rant about every little thing that annoys me about these games whenever it suits me.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #203
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Hmmm... Legate has said he's in the middle of his final exams, so I don't know if he'd be mad enough to apply to be a wizard.
Still I think he's likely to be cursed by the EW.

I'd really feel like voting for him, but I wouldn't want tp or Nerwen to die.

edit: xed since Legate
Old 06-03-2008, 04:41 PM   #204
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
I just had a random (okay, not so random, because people are talking about it, as always) thought... So...we treat 'bandwagons' like negative things. Doesn't it take a bandwagon to actually get anyone lynched? Isn't a bandwagon just any number of people voting for the same person?

Yes, I'm going to rant about every little thing that annoys me about these games whenever it suits me.
Oh, not now! Please...

Xd with all since quoted post.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #205
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Votes this far:

I could vote
-none, it seems-

I'd rather not vote
tp- 4
Ner- 4
morm- 2
Sally- 1
Cailin- 1
Cel- 1
Legate- 1
Gwath- 1

I won't vote
Brin- 1
Izzy- 1
Roa- 1

Okay, let's waste/spread a/the vote:

++AGANZIR

edit: xed with everybody since my last post

Last edited by Thinlómien; 06-03-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: fixed bolding
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #206
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Still I think he's likely to be cursed by the EW.
Nah, as a ex-professional surviver I know that your tricks in the art are far superior to Legate's, which would imply more on you being a Wolf.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #207
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Agan and Lommy need to have stronger opinions.

What not now, Volo? No WW theory 13-or-so minutes from the deadline?

Edit: Crossed with Lommy - I spoke wrongly.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #208
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Maybe I won't try and lynch you after all.
I will be trying harder to read/post from now on -- I forgot the game was starting until I got my Daily Digest notification of the first couple page's worth of posts. Ah well.

I think Nerwen has 4 votes now?

Quote:
This 'choosing' thing is a bit silly, Lommy. Vote for who you feel is suspicious!
(Not Lommy, but responding anyway) Yeah, but this mostly gets us with a ton of people with 1 or 2 votes... and a person with 3 or 4 votes kicking the bucket. And for my part, if I would rather not see the person in the lead get lynched, it makes more sense to vote for an alternative despite having no opinion on that person, herself.

So I suppose I'll go for:

+ + Nerwen

I have yet to decide what my goal for this game is. I have no allegiance chosen for me, yet, and who knows what subsequent nights will result in. So for me the lynching today is more about who I'd rather play with in future days than who is on what side, and since I don't actually know Nerwen and do know phantom, my motivation is to save the latter. He's not a bad big bro, after all.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #209
Volo

++Aganzir
I'll sleep calmer after this.

Quote:
What not now, Volo? No WW theory 13-or-so minutes from the deadline?
Not so (vague) that we'll have a long discussion about it not leading to any decisions.

edit: Xd with Di. *sigh*
Old 06-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #210
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
What's with all the questions, Lommy?
What questions?

Just realised what I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Agan and Lommy need to have stronger opinions.
Of each other?

edit: xed with Dury's edit, Di and Volo
Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #211
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Ha, Aganzir is certainly twisted enough to be the EW , but I wouldn't vote for her because I think she is the EW, but because I think she's suspicious. Anyways, all this last minute talk about who might be EW is getting ridiculous (especially the meta reasons)...we really need to vote for whoever is more suspicious!

Quote:
Well yes, but it's the nature of how a bandwagon comes that worries me. Like this Nerwen one came up all at once. That make it easy for a wolf to hide. Anyways, I like discussing about who to vote for before actually doing it.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM   #212
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I find it highly amusing that I tend to survive as a wolf and be suspected as an innocent.

edit: xed with Brinn
Old 06-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #213
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Di - as long as you've not been assigned an allegiance, you're on the good people's side. Understand? That is vital. I don't really understand this neutrality-attitude...

edit: xed with Brinn and Agan
Old 06-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #214
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I just went through the voting list and I really don't feel up to voting for anyone who is on it this far. Silliness Even this Gwath, I would prefer to keep him "on ice" for now...

Quote:
Hmmm... Legate has said he's in the middle of his final exams, so I don't know if he'd be mad enough to apply to be a wizard.
Oh no, please, let's not bring such things here - it's nothing to do with the game... although I understand...

Oh, I see, besides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Well, but Kath has nothing better to do and Legate's exams just ended (Shire thread- hey, this is stupid!! So metagame as can be - and hey, I've done that too myself!)
Exactly, however a bad conclusion - now see where this metagame thinking goes - my exams have not been finished yet. Not all of them. Just some. So you see. Anyway... enough of this... should vote...

EDIT: x-ed since some Volo or what I quoted
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:49 PM   #215
Volo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Di - as long as you've not been assigned an allegiance, you're on the good people's side. Understand? That is vital. I don't really understand this neutrality-attitude...
Indeed!
Old 06-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #216
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

The voting-

morm for Brin
Sally for tp
Gwath for Sally
Kit for morm
Nerwen for Cailin
Roa for tp
Cel for Izzy
Rikae for morm
Izzy for Roa
Shasta for tp
Eonwe for tp
Cailin for Ner
Ka for Cel
Green for Gwath
McCab for Ner
Mac for Legate
Lal for Ner
Dur for Ner
Lommy for Agan
Di for Ner
Volo for Agan

Ner- 5
tp- 4
morm- 2
Agan- 2
Brin- 1
Sally- 1
Cailin- 1
Izzy- 1
Roa- 1
Cel- 1
Gwath- 1
Legate- 1

7 votes have not been cast.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #217
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I find it highly amusing that I tend to survive as a wolf and be suspected as an innocent.
And you've said that so many times that it starts to be a suspicious statement, especially now as you're really only in a tiny danger of actually getting lynched.

edit: xed with the three gentlemen
Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #218
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Volo, it's a serious issue. Stop laughing at me.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #219
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Who hasn't voted?

Me, I know, but who else?
Old 06-03-2008, 04:52 PM   #220
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Quote:
I know that's the rule, but I'm a rebel. If I don't have a special role, I'm bored, and have to make my fun other ways.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #221
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right... whatever. Looking at the votes... If there's a chance to have Aganzir there... why not try...
EEE, but I don't like the idea of lynching her!

But more so than Nerwen... or do I...

(That's called schizophrenia.)

All right, I know what I will do: I will vote for Aganzir, but in fact, I will be maybe comfortable if it's Nerwen who ends up lynched. (Or I won't. Depends on who she shows to be...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #222
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Aganzir
Old 06-03-2008, 04:53 PM   #223
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
And you've said that so many times that it starts to be a suspicious statement, especially now as you're really only in a tiny danger of actually getting lynched.

edit: xed with the three gentlemen
Now you're inventing things. I rolled my eyes at you earlier, but it doesn't count.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #224
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Who hasn't voted?

Me, I know, but who else?
I haven't. Thinking. Thinking if I can afford voting for Aganzir, bearing the risk that it's not well-thought vote from me and she may actually end up lynched after all.

EDIT: x-ed since TP, Brinn didn't help that.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #225
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I haven't voted.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #226
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Of each other?
Haha, actually I thought something like that when I saw that Aganzir replied to a quote from you with her own similar voting conundrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
Well yes, but it's the nature of how a bandwagon comes that worries me. Like this Nerwen one came up all at once.
Well McCaber's vote certainly came up all at once. Cailin's switch was a bit vindictive maybe, but I figure she knew she didn't really have much on Ka at all. And she did have some kind of case against Nerwen. Lalaith just cites that case, but...

We've been discussing who to vote for. But do you mean discuss and reach a general consensus? Then no, we haven't done that and I don't wanna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I find this amusing. Kinda reminds me of sally's sappy *I promise I'm not a wolf!* thing the last game I played in. Also, you can survive and still be suspected. We don't all die. Someone has to win, anyway...

Edit: Sudden Aganzir bandwagon, Brinniel?
Old 06-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #227
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

It would seem my computer's clock is four minutes ahead of the 'Downs.

Bah.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #228
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
I haven't. Thinking. Thinking if I can afford voting for Aganzir, bearing the risk that it's not well-thought vote from me and she may actually end up lynched after all.
Uh.... if you don't want to see Agan lynched, don't vote her?
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #229
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Good, Aganzir hasn't voted. I am leaving that to the mercy of the... nameless mob of five people, or what was the number, who haven't voted.

++Aganzir
Old 06-03-2008, 04:57 PM   #230
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Nilp, Kath, Lhuna, tp, Agan and Legate, that's who hasn't voted yet.

edit: xed with Durelin and everyone after her
Old 06-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #231
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Thinking if I can afford voting for Aganzir, bearing the risk that it's not well-thought vote from me and she may actually end up lynched after all.
Take some responsibility, man!

(Hopes she won't be this obnoxious toMorrow...or you can hope I'm not here at all toMorrow.)

Edit: Obviously crossed with some. Whatev.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #232
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I find it odd that Legate votes for Aganzir, yet he's worried she may be lynched...
Old 06-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #233
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Uh.... if you don't want to see Agan lynched, don't vote her?
Yes, but I didn't want to vote Nerwen either, for different reasons, but for both of them it was more or less the same weight of why to vote and why not. But as you see, I ultimately made up my mind.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #234
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

++ Nerwen

I don't like this but
Old 06-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #235
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Sudden Aganzir bandwagon, Brinniel?
But I said I wanted to vote for her for sometime...
Old 06-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #236
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I find it odd that Legate votes for Aganzir, yet he's worried she may be lynched...
Yes, you see, I don't want to make a waste-vote at such a time, yet neither of those is among my top suspects and I would have needed more time to think it over to vote with the famous "good conscience".
Old 06-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #237
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

The voting-

morm for Brin
Sally for tp
Gwath for Sally
Kit for morm
Nerwen for Cailin
Roa for tp
Cel for Izzy
Rikae for morm
Izzy for Roa
Shasta for tp
Eonwe for tp
Cailin for Ner
Ka for Cel
Green for Gwath
McCab for Ner
Mac for Legate
Lal for Ner
Dur for Ner
Lommy for Agan
Di for Ner
Volo for Agan
Brin for Agan
Legate for Agan
Agan for Ner

Ner- 6
tp- 4
Agan- 4
morm- 2
Brin- 1
Sally- 1
Cailin- 1
Izzy- 1
Roa- 1
Cel- 1
Gwath- 1
Legate- 1

4 votes have not been cast.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #238
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The Day has ended.

Nerwen will die shortly...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 05:40 PM   #239
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Day1

The boy sprang violently up from his chair. Tears were filling his eyes and his jaw was trembling.

“Herbert! What is it now my darling?” her mom asked startled.

“You all hate me! You’re just trying to get rid of me! And I know why!” His voice was breaking as he cried his words out.

“Now you listen to me young man! As long as I’m alive and the head of this family I will have none of that!"

The boy looked at the man his eyes full of hatred and fear. “You and your bloody war killed my father!” He turned around and ran off from the dinner table reaching for the door.

“Herbert! What are you talking about? Please come back my little boy!” her mom cried.

“You have just earned yourself a beating with that young man!” the man yelled after him but he had already gone slamming the door.

The boy ran through the deserted fields which no one had cared to sow this spring. The thunder of the artillery bombarding the enemy positions echoed from far away. The boy was already used to it not to pay any attention. But he did notice the absence of the birds. The blackbird which had its nest at the edge of the forest behind the fields was nowhere to be heard. He really loved its songs. They were the only comforting sounds he knew. But there was neither the swallow that used to go round the field chirping its simple tones of joy he couldn’t bear.

It was only by the deserted trench the boy stopped for a moment to glance backwards. No one was following him. What did I say? He thought to himself and jumped down to the trench. He followed the winding trench until he reached the old pillbox. It was pitch dark inside but he knew the way. He pulled a drawer open and picked the candle and matches as he was accustomed to.

When there was a faint light in the damp and cool bunker he finally sat down at the table and opened another drawer. There was a metal-plated box in there which he pulled out and set on the table. With shaking hands he opened it and drew the wooden figurines out laying them carefully on the table.

He had made them all himself, carved them from sticks during the cold winter nights in the bombshelters or in the darkened and joyless rooms they had hid from the air-raids or then later here in the pillbox which he had found earlier this spring.

Now they were all ready. He produced the drawing from the drawer and laid it on the table as well. It was a picture of a village with houses and yards, trees and paths, a wall and a central square. He set the figurines carefully to the map and then looked at his achievement quietly pleased with himself. Now they will all pay… he thought to himself. You will all die…

He remembered the autumn day back when he was yet a child. Her grandma had given him a mug of her own applejuice and watched over him as he draught it with a little boy’s enthusiasm. Then she had just stated bluntly “You know the dad of yours, he’s not actually your dad. He’s a vermin, a devil in disguise. That’s what he is. He made sure your father was ordered to the front, to the tightest place. My son never got out from there alive. And then this snake crawled to your mom’s bedroom using the cover of giving official regrets on behalf of the country! You believe it young man! He’s as foul as that… You should kill him when you’re old enough to do it. My hands are too weak and my feet too slow for it anymore – and your mom will never tell you the truth. They should hang that hussy as well.”

Do away with that tart! Rot in hell!

The boy squeezed the figurine of her mom in his small hands until it snapped in two.

*~*

The elders had sat on the Tavern-table listening to the row around them sipping their cider. They were shaking their heads listening to the younger ones.

“The young…” Greenie sighed.

Shasta nodded. “So fresh and soo full of energy…”

“Why don’t we just hunt both, the evil wizard and her minions? Now what is it with you?” Volo asked aloud and there was a silence. Everyone was looking at each other trying to find someone to blame for that ridiculous argument.

“And please Legate and Mac, behave yourselves!” Izzy added using the opportunity.

"It's Nerwen. Believe me! I don't want to incur the wrath of Roa and her ilk. And I have reasons to lynch her" Cailín said aloud.

"I don't have much time personally to explain it, but yes she is the one." echoed McCaber.

"I said earlier that Cailín had been talking sense, and her case against Nerwen echoed many of the thoughts I've been having. Enough pondering, it is time to act." added Lalaith.

Durelin broke in: "Right now I find Nerwen's speeches and behavior the most suspicious and I actually have a sort of gut feeling about her that's not good. I'll vote for her as well."

"I will be trying harder to listen to what you say from now on..." Diamond said. "And for my part, if I would rather not see the person in the lead get lynched, it makes more sense to vote for an alternative despite having no opinion on that person, herself". Her vote made Nerwen to pass the phantom.

"I don't like this but I'll vote for Nerwen as well..." Aganzir said.

The phantom sighed with relief as well as Agan who had gained a lot of votes late in the Day.

"Let's burn her!" Cailín yelled. "Death to the murderer of my husband!"

"Let's just rob her of her belongings" McCaber said giving a grin.

"We should burn her as Cailín says" added Lalaith.

"Let's not be too modest. Let's nail her to the oak-tree!" called Durelin.

"It's just the same... kill her... I don't want to see tp die anyhow." Di said grasping the hammer.

"And if you're thinking about killing me... then no way. Let's nail Nerwen first to see what she is." Aganzir said calmly and took the nails.

Nerwen was nailed to the oak-tree but nothing happened. She just waned little by little by no fault of her own. Some grinned with delight for that.

Alive:

+ A Little Green, a fortune-teller - folklorist - herb-grower - unofficial therapist, advisor and midwife, most presumably a witch, the gammer (the eccentric mother of Lommy & Mac)
+ Shastanis Althreduin, astrologer/fortune teller, gaffer (Greenie's husband, father of Lommy & Mac)
+ Isabellkaya, a gammer who loves asparagus and throwing knives (Shasta's sister)

+ Thinlómien, a bird tamer, adult (married to Nilp, Macalaure's sister)
+ Nilpaurion Felagund, a house-bound sandwich-maker, adult (married to Lommy)
+ Eönwë, Rikae's unofficial helper-person, 22 (their son)
+ Kath, tavern owner, 20 (their daughter, Brinn's life partner)
+ Satansaloser 2005, Lommy's assistant, 17 (their daughter)

+ Macalaure, apple farmer, adult (married to Rikae, Lommy's brother)
+ Rikae, a lumberjack, adult (married to Macalaure, Roa's sister)
+ the phantom, sheep herder with Legate, 21 (their adopted son, Di's brother)
+ Diamond 18, dissolute, 11 (phantom's pre-teen littlesister)

+ Cailín, guinea pig breeder, adult (Nilp's sister)
+ Lhunardawen, healer's apprentice, 20 (Cailín's daughter, good twin of Durelin)
+ Durelin, poisoner 20 (Lhuna's evil twin, daughter of Cailín)

+ Volo, the guy who knows everything about staying alive, the gaffer (Father of Nogrod, morm, Nerwen and Lalaith)

+ Roa_Aoife, school teacher, adult (mother of Legate, Brinn and Kit, wife of Nogrod, sister of Rikae)
+ Brinniel, Greenie's apprentice, 21 (Legate's sister and Kitanna's twin sister, Kath's life partner)
+ Kitanna, a tavern wench 21 (Legate's sister and Brinn's twin sister)
+ Legate of Amon Lanc, sheep herder with tp, 19 (brother of Brinn & Kit, Sally's boyfriend, Agan's ex-bf)

+ Lalaith, chocolate maker, adult (sister of Nerwen, mother of Aganzir, Volo's daughter)
+ Aganzir, the little match girl, 15 (Lalaith's daughter, dates McCaber)
+ The Ka, a dog whipper (a fatherless and ageless little child of Lalaith)

+ Mormegil, adult (son of Volo, husband of Celuien, father of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Celuien, a candle maker, adult (wife of morm, mother of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Gwathagor, a highwayman, 20 (McCaber's big brother)
+ McCaber, a henchman, 18 (Gwath's little brother, dates Aganzir)

The dead:
Eomer of the Rohirrim, adult (Cailín's husband, Lhuna's and Dury's father); An innocent beheaded by the werewolves on Night1
Nogrod, the judge, adult (Roa's husband, father of Legate, Brinn and Kit); An innocent torn in two by werewolves on Night1
Nerwen, the healer, adult (sister of Lalaith, Volo's daughter); An innocent nailed to the oak-tree on Day1.

Night 2 begins.

Wizards and their minions feel free to act.

PS. 239 posts after Day1! Not bad...

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-03-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 05:00 PM   #240
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Night2

”Aaaaaaaahhhhhh!”

The nanny woke up to the scream and hasted herself. She rushed through the ante-chamber and past the corridor. Finally she reached the heavily bolted door and unbolted it. She pushed her mightiest to force the heavy door open as fast as she could.

“What is it my child? I’m coming!” She yelled as she forced the door open and ran into the room.

The girl was sitting in her lavish bed sweating all over. She was trembling violently trying to gasp for air.

“My love! What is it? There’s no harm! … Everything’s fine now!” The nanny tried to calm the girl taking her into her arms and pressing her tightly towards herself.

“The people are dying!” she cried and trembled even if the nanny held her tight in her embrace.

“Cool down my love! I’m here! Nothing’s wrong.” the nanny tried to sooth the girl swaying her gently to and fro.

“Everything’s wrong!” the girl protested and jerked herself off from the nanny’s grasp.

“They are killing each other! Something makes them do that!” She screamed in anguish. “Believe me! I saw it!”

“Cool down my child… No one is killing anyone here…” The nanny tried to grasp her again but she ducked away to the other corner of the great bed.

“You don’t know it but I have seen it!” the girl cried escaping from the nanny’s arms that tried to reach her.

“What is it? Who is killing who?” she asked giving up the pursuit.

The little girl halted and went silent. The nanny tried to read her face but it was empty of any feeling. The girl just stared into nowhere.

“What is it my darling?”

She swallowed her tears and straightened her back. Then she looked like concentrating hard on something.

“The men killed an innocent woman in the evening nailing her into a tree because some beasts had killed two of them. And now those beasts killed two again. And there's this woman from whom everything is ripped off so violently. I know they’re going to kill someone for revenge again. And it will not stop until they’re all dead.”

“You’ve had a nightmare my dear Edelfried. In your father’s lands there are no beasts killing people or lynching mobs. There is the court and justice and men at arms to enforce it.” The nanny looked at the girl and shook her head and sighed. She had raised a host of children and this wasn’t the first time someone had nightmares. “Now you get back under your quilt and I’ll change the coals and bring you a mug of hot blackcurrant with honey. You’ll forget that dream when the morning comes.”

The old woman rose up and straightened her nightgown. “Fresh dreams kill the old… That’s what my grandma used to say. And she was a wise woman. A healer she was… mother of nine children and a guardian for a host of grandchildren. Believe me, she knew things better than you or I.”

Edelfried watched the old woman go and then jumped off from the bed. There was a blackbird singing outside. She went to the window and tried to catch it with her eyes. It was still dark but she could identify the shapes of the walls and houses downhill. The silhouette of the mountains was clearly darker than the surrounding countryside. A tiny dark shape of a wheeling swallow caught her eyes and she followed its dashes and dives in the slowly creeping morning.

There must be a way to stop it! There must be a way… I know it. I can stop it…

*~*

“Grandpa is dead! Grandpa is dead!” Legate ran through the empty courthouse still shaking all over. He had been bringing his grandpa his usual morning tea walking through the empty hall when he had found him laying face down on the front door of the courthouse in a pool of blood. Legate ran up the stairs to the wing they slept. “Grandpa is dead!”

Roa came from the bedroom she had slept alone for a first time in months. And this time his husband had not flaked out in the tavern or been on a trip to neighbouring village. Roa was not sure she could manage the pain of her son’s words.

“Ring the bells! And go wake your sister! ” She ran past her son and hurried downstairs.

Roa rushed to her father-in-law and bent down to his torn corpse unable to believe what she saw.

“Kit is not here!” Legate ran down his voice breaking off. “Kit has vanished!”

Roa was not sure she could take it any more. She fought bravely the tears but her hand was shaking when she pointed to the open door. “Go call your uncle… Go call everyone!”

Legate rushed out from the door calling alarm as he went. Only to suddenly fall silent.

Roa noticed the sudden silence. There were no cries neither the sound of a rushing pair of feet anymore to be heard.

Then there was the sound of the steps coming backwards, very slowly.

“Mom? … Mom? She’s out here…” Legate walked the steps up to the doorway and stared emptily to the wall in the back of the hall.

Roa felt she could die. How much must a woman take? The werewolves kill my husband, you lynch my niece and then I lose both my daughter and my father-in-law!

She rose slowly from her father-in-laws torn body to embrace her son... and to stay upright herself as she felt her knees were failing her. The mother and son embraced each other shaking wildly.

“Wh-whh-at is it? Wh-hhat happened to her? Why is she not here?” Roa felt she was going to faint.

Legate felt he should act like the man in the house as he now was the only one.

“Let’s not talk of that mummy? She’s… she’s dead.”

The villagers had heard the bells and Legate’s calls. One by one they gathered in front of the courthouse learning the evil tidings.

Morm had come to see his dead father and had turned his torn body around.

“Oh noooo!” he cried out.

All went silent and every pair of eyes and ears were tuned into his direction.

Brinn had been standing behind morm to see her grandpa and saw the same. “They have pulled his eyes off… what savagery!”

There was a disquieting silence.

“My father was our seer… the one the swallow tried to help us with.” said Lalaith slowly her voice breaking in the end.

*~*

Alive:

+ A Little Green, a fortune-teller - folklorist - herb-grower - unofficial therapist, advisor and midwife, most presumably a witch, the gammer (the eccentric mother of Lommy & Mac)
+ Shastanis Althreduin, astrologer/fortune teller, gaffer (Greenie's husband, father of Lommy & Mac)
+ Isabellkaya, a gammer who loves asparagus and throwing knives (Shasta's sister)

+ Thinlómien, a bird tamer, adult (married to Nilp, Macalaure's sister)
+ Nilpaurion Felagund, a house-bound sandwich-maker, adult (married to Lommy)
+ Eönwë, Rikae's unofficial helper-person, 22 (their son)
+ Kath, tavern owner, 20 (their daughter, Brinn's life partner)
+ Satansaloser 2005, Lommy's assistant, 17 (their daughter)

+ Macalaure, apple farmer, adult (married to Rikae, Lommy's brother)
+ Rikae, a lumberjack, adult (married to Macalaure, Roa's sister)
+ the phantom, sheep herder with Legate, 21 (their adopted son, Di's brother)
+ Diamond 18, dissolute, 11 (phantom's pre-teen littlesister)

+ Cailín, guinea pig breeder, adult (Nilp's sister)
+ Lhunardawen, healer's apprentice, 20 (Cailín's daughter, good twin of Durelin)
+ Durelin, poisoner 20 (Lhuna's evil twin, daughter of Cailín)

+ Roa_Aoife, school teacher, adult (mother of Legate, Brinn and Kit, wife of Nogrod, sister of Rikae)
+ Brinniel, Greenie's apprentice, 21 (Legate's sister and Kitanna's twin sister, Kath's life partner)
+ Legate of Amon Lanc, sheep herder with tp, 19 (brother of Brinn & Kit, Sally's boyfriend, Agan's ex-bf)

+ Lalaith, chocolate maker, adult (sister of Nerwen, mother of Aganzir, Volo's daughter)
+ Aganzir, the little match girl, 15 (Lalaith's daughter, dates McCaber)
+ The Ka, a dog whipper (a fatherless and ageless little child of Lalaith)

+ Mormegil, adult (son of Volo, husband of Celuien, father of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Celuien, a candle maker, adult (wife of morm, mother of Gwath and McCaber)
+ Gwathagor, a highwayman, 20 (McCaber's big brother)
+ McCaber, a henchman, 18 (Gwath's little brother, dates Aganzir)

The dead:
Eomer of the Rohirrim, adult (Cailín's husband, Lhuna's and Dury's father); An innocent beheaded by the werewolves on Night1
Nogrod, the judge, adult (Roa's husband, father of Legate, Brinn and Kit); An innocent torn in two by werewolves on Night1
Nerwen, the healer, adult (sister of Lalaith, Volo's daughter); An innocent nailed to the oak-tree on Day1.
Volo, the guy who knows everything about staying alive, the gaffer (Father of Nogrod, morm, Nerwen and Lalaith); The seer mutilated and eyes pulled off on Night2.
Kitanna, a tavern wench 21 (Legate's sister and Brinn's twin sister); An innocent ripped into pieces and thrown into the well on Night2.

Day2 begins.

Feel free to talk.

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-04-2008 at 05:14 PM.