The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #361
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
Hmm... What's something that I can do to turn my name into something cool like that?
Hear ye, hear ye! The act of "filibustering" shalll henceforth be known as "doing a Phantom"!
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #362
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

By the way, does anyone have a voting summary, including a list of those that did not vote?
Old 11-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #363
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Hmm... What's something that I can do to turn my name into something cool like that?
You could for example deliberately help the wolves to win... Just an idea.

Not in this game of course.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:08 PM   #364
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Hear ye, hear ye! The act of "filibustering" shalll henceforth be known as "doing a Phantom"!
*cries*
My life now has meaning! I have something named after me.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #365
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
You could for example deliberately help the wolves to win... Just an idea.

Not in this game of course.
I already promised I'd help you.

But why must I wait. Who knows when you'll be a WW again.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:11 PM   #366
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
I already promised I'd help you.

But why must I wait. Who knows when you'll be a WW again.
Maybe you should put some pressure on the mods?
Old 11-12-2008, 04:16 PM   #367
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I'm here and will read through what I've missed.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #368
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Agan the Interrogator strikes again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Eönwë, why did you think Shasta would be voted for a rep? What were these previous game experiences you were talking about? I'm curious.
He always seems to be right (well not about me, but generally). Now people can just latch onto him if they think he's innocent and hope he still has his "psychic powers". Of course, this also allows WW to "latch onto him" and not look suspicious.

Quote:
I fail to see where this came from (apart from "out of the blue"). What was the reason for saying that? Why would Shasta be voted for a rep? Why would Shasta vote badly on purpose if he was a wolf? What does it actually mean to "vote badly"?
Same idea. He seems to have gained a lot of trust lately (Though not in this game, strangely enough- but I didn't know that at the time!) When I said vote badly, I meant that it is bad for the village.

Quote:
Why did Nog look maybe too helpful?
Well, he seemed to me a little cautious and not trying to get on anyone's bad side, as well as making points that seem good.

Quote:
And also, why did you choose these people since as far as I remember you hadn't mentioned any of them earlier. Especially I'm curious about Ilya.
I don't think I really had mentioned anyone so far as a possible candidate. By the time I'd finished catching up I barely had time to post anything, let alone an accurate representation of what I thought of everybody. And Ilya just seemed like an innocent-ish person that time, with nothing making her suspicious in my eyes.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:18 PM   #369
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Maybe you should put some pressure on the mods?
I think I've already used all of my credit with them buying myself invincibility. Yeah- if I'm lynched or targeted at night nothing happens. The Moddesses thought it might be unfair, but they agreed to it in the end because it was historic. And they were drunk.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #370
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I'm one of those who were a bit uneasy with Gwath's vote for me as a representative. The contraditory nature of that vote was clear indeed. And it could be looked from the devil's advocate viewpoint quite easily and deemed evil.

Like: "I know he tends to go after the submarines in the early Days so why not vote him to be a rep and say that the vote is for keeping an eye to the non-posters" - at the same time rubbing me the right way to make me choose someone else from the quiet-ones instead. So if he thought I was going after the more silent people anyway (and there was a good chance I was going to be voted as a rep anyhow looking at the posts before that point of the game) what would have been a better way to avoid my eye (well, it was a bad way if that was what was intended as I noticed it... a good try? )?

But I have to give Gwath credit for his question for tp. And I'm still a bit bothered about phantom's first Day "maybe I requested to be an ordo with my special relationship to Fea" -stuff. I don't think he would make that kind of thing his main defence. Not at all. He has much more brains than that. But what kind of worries me is that he slipped that in anyway. I mean jokes are jokes and playing it is playing it, but that looks more like a slip (not the freudian one but a slip when one has entertained possible defences and in the rush of gaming posts one that is not too good - and obviously those who need to think about this game via thinking possible defences in advance are the wolves...) than either of the former.

But yet again I seem to be reaching a dead end. It's too little to vote for tp - like what I was suspecting with Legate was too little to vote for him.

This is a crazy village! Why don't you just be nice and look a bit more suspicious?

Last edited by Nogrod; 11-12-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: finished an unfinished sentence
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #371
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Ok, so, someone wanted a summary:

The Reprehensible Representatives
Brinn...voted for Aganzir
Phantom...voted for Legate
Boro...voted for tp
Ilya...voted for Boro
Nogrod...voted for Ilya
Aganzir...voted for Brinn
Legate...voted for tp

The Crooked Constituents
Sally...voted for Legate
Kath...voted for Lommy
The Ka...voted for Boro
Morm...voted for Nogrod
Eonwe...voted for Greenie
Gwath...voted for Nogrod
Shasta...voted for Aganzir
Greenie...voted for Brinn
Lommy...voted for Ilya

The Notorious Nonvoters
Diamond
Gil
McCabber
Nerwen
Rune

Lemony Snicket, eat your heart out.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:28 PM   #372
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
we can afford to let a few ordos die if it helps us to find the wolves.
Elitist!

I'll probably go soon...
Old 11-12-2008, 04:31 PM   #373
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
He always seems to be right (well not about me, but generally). Now people can just latch onto him if they think he's innocent and hope he still has his "psychic powers". Of course, this also allows WW to "latch onto him" and not look suspicious.
I think that's too simple. I'm not questioning Shasta's psychic powers but it's maybe a bit too much said that "he always seems to be right".
It looks as if you were trying to buddy up with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
Well, he seemed to me a little cautious and not trying to get on anyone's bad side, as well as making points that seem good.
I'm not sure I agree - usually Nog's points are more or less good in spite of his role.

Quote:
I think I've already used all of my credit with them buying myself invincibility. Yeah- if I'm lynched or targeted at night nothing happens. The Moddesses thought it might be unfair, but they agreed to it in the end because it was historic. And they were drunk.
Poor you. I can't think of any alternative but that you keep playing and hope I get to be a wolf some game.

edit: xed with Ilya & Eönwë. Call me elitist if you wish, but I include myself in the few ordos we can afford to lose. Fair enough.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #374
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I want my nine hours of sleep!

Huh my Downs just stopped working for a while.

I'll go now, and Shasta & Brinn will vote for

++Lynch Legate

Because I couldn't decide between him and Eönwë and his way of posting annoys me more. This means that Eönwë has just been saved from receiving two votes and he could thank me by posting a detailed list of his suspicions tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 PM   #375
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
It's getting just too late once again... so I try to do this quickly.

I have underlined those I will not vote for either thinking them innocent-looking enough or to be too valuable to us if innocents as to lynch them on too weak grounds this early...

Aganzir - argues innocentishly
Boromir88 - looks and feels genuine thus far
Brinniel - looks and feels genuine thus far
Diamond18 - her wish to be a rep and the following inattention to the game speak for innocence although the latter doesn't speak well of her gamer-morale...
Eönwë - a hard one for me everytime I play with him: could go either way
Gil-Galad - the enigma who is more often innocent than not - and gets things right more often than has been granted the honour of
Greenie - the sneaky one, my daughter... I never figure her out and thence am afraid everytime
Gwathagor - could be a wolf, could not be...
Ilya - looks and feels genuine thus far
Legate - I'm a bit worries of that possible pre-planned action but not enough to vote him toDay
Lommy - feels innocentish
Kath - she's not suspecting me! there must be something wrong in there... or then not; I'm slightly persuaded to wait and see
McCaber - the ultimate submarine: manages to post without no one having a read on him
mormegil - I do not like his recurring points on tp being very different this time...
Nerwen - looks and feels genuine thus far, although I'd love to see her post more
Rune - the enthusiasm of getting to be a representative speaks on his behalf - and the general feeling I get is more that of an ordo
Sally - very hard nut to crack but maybe more innocentish because of the level of her light-heartedness (she was a bit more focused the last time she was a wolf)
Shasta - could be a wolf, could not be...
The Ka - she's always hard for me to read and I tend to suspect her more than not
the phantom - could be a wolf, could not be...

Last edited by Nogrod; 11-12-2008 at 04:52 PM. Reason: forgot to undedrline Gil... I won't vote for him toDay
Old 11-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #376
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Who is left? Legate. And the fact that he had given his vote to me made him an even more obvious choice.
Be ashamed! Bribe-taker!
Old 11-12-2008, 04:58 PM   #377
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
What case? Where?
It was a list. ~Agan
This frightens me; Agan in 276:
Quote:
Guilty
Lommy. I know I tend to suspect her, especially on the first days. And to me she almost always seems overreactive and suspicious. But it happening always is not an excuse for me to put her in the Neither cathegory so she's happily here again.
Then you proceed to point out all the strange comments/things about Lommy.

Last time this struck a chord with me when Mac (too bad I never had the spine to vote for him) brought suspicions up about Brinn; Brinn referred to it as a "case," and Mac protested; trying to say Brinn over-reacted to a couple of his thoughtful musings. It was odd because the bottom-line is it was a "case" against Brinn. Mac was definitely stretching, but the reaction of "Woah, Brinn! I didn't make a case against you," was what stuck out. It was a case. Period. Mac said Brinn looked suspicious and proceeded to quote her several times to make his case.

Agan, you made a case against Lommy. Have the spine to admit it. You listed Lommy as guilty and have gone after her, that's a case. Don't try to play it off like you really didn't mean anything by quoting Lommy repeatedly, post after post, and play it off like Lommy is being over-defensive.

And now you're backing off, after a couple people say Lommy is looking genuinely frustrated (i.e. makes her look innocent)? Trying to seperate yourself from someone you wanted to get lynched?

Edit: crossed with everything since Agan's post 373
Old 11-12-2008, 05:01 PM   #378
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right. So, now, let me post on what had happened here meanwhile... One warning. There are things I say during the course of the post, which are commenting on the current situation as I read the thread, post by post, page by page. To get the completely updated stance of mine towards something, you have to read it all to the end. So, be careful before ripping some quotes of what I say here out of context. Some of the things I say (namely for example about Aganzir) are relativised later (though I am not deleting the original ones). You can at least see how my thoughts went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I think we can make the obvious conclusion that we should not vote him as a representative in future - just to ensure his own sanity, health and safety, right?
No, no, no, why? Lommy, Nerwen is trying to turn you against me! Join me and together we may rule the galaxy... okay, okay, that will be certainly a wrong way to go

Quote:
Also, could you explain what you actually mean by "large front of support". I am aware that Brinn was considered innocent by a few people at the early stages, but I wouldn't call it a large front yet.
For me, voting for a representative by somebody who had hardly said anything at all is a large front. Thinking relatively here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Part of the reason I chose you was because you unusually quiet; I was hoping that by putting you in a position of power I could draw you out more and get a better read of you early in the game.
Now, now. What the Republic of a nonsense is that? Agan posted two posts which contained about nothing, and she said plainly there that she posts little because she does not have time. She also said she won't probably have much time tomorrow. So, if you voted her to be a Rep in order to see her posting more - you are doing something illogical, aren't you? If you ever read her posts, for that's the only thing I could think of as logical reason for that. When you want to talk to somebody, and he tells you he is in work uninterruptedly since 8 AM till 11 AM, are you going to invite him for a coffee at 10 AM, hoping that it will give you a chance to talk to him? Does it make sense? Really, I don't know what to think of what you say. You make no sense at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I agree that a situation with only "generally trusted veterans" as reps is not nice, but for a different reason. I think it is not a favourable situation because, quoting Lommy,That I think is a real problem, not only because it enables quiet wolves to slip by, but also because it will lead to a not-so-enjoyable and not-so-sporty game.
Not-so-sporty! We have elected candidates, for Mod's sake. This is high politics. The people nominate elite leaders from their midst. The point of the Representatives position is to discard the endless debates of the people! Knowledge, Rule, Order: How many villages have ended on total chaos, unable to pick a Wolf, because of the weak and idle who have more hindered than helped the voting process? No time to be sporty! People can at last breathe freely, for they don't have to rely on the chaos of the masses! Let the wise, the responsible rule! People will realise that what the Representatives do is for their best! And if they don't, let us make them realise! Aiiiiiiiieeeeee!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
One more thing - like Agan, I don't quite understand where these phrases like "great trust" and "large front of support" come from. I never said I had great trust in Brinniel - I think I said that she looks innocentish and is a sensible player or something along those lines. Don't know, but it looks like someone is trying to make small issues into big ones.
Again, cf. above - and I would say making somebody a Rep is a big deal just for itself. Remember that we have some seven or how many Reps who make the decisions for everybody. One seventh of the nation going for one party would be a large enough front of supporters for me (some 15% of the population). I was referring to the fact that a person was elected, not to the supporters themselves being many, but simply being enough to make this person a Rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
To Legate, why in Eru's name did you make the phantom your rep?
Well, perhaps you can pick it up together from my posts late yesterday before I went to sleep (i.e. before I voted him). But simply, by ellimination process, as I wanted one of the "strong" (read: independant etc., like we've been talking all the beginning of the game) players, there was nobody better to pick, and there was in the end Nogrod or him. And since Nog already had one vote, I decided to leave it more open - as I was assuming somebody would vote Nog too - which indeed somebody did, and I think even at about the same time when I cast my vote for tp. So, I wanted also rather bigger spread of people, as I was afraid that there would be just Nog of the people to whom I would really give my trust. I didn't want the representative board made of Brinniels whose election seemed as unclear to me as her profile this far, and Ilyas whom I don't know at all yet, etc. And still I was more inclined to vote somebody else rather than just to give Nog a vote, and presuming that more people would vote him, make him a Rep with more vote weight. And, I was fighting against it hard late in the Day, but I actually found out I started to like the phantom (don't let him read this, though), and like I said, of all people on the list (you can, I believe, look up somewhere some list of people whom I have considered voting for in the end), he seemed like the "man in his place" if he was elected.

Quote:
I found only one in my post. I can't speak for Greenie but I wouldn't call her use of positive adjectives great trust, either. If we have to vote early and you know it, why on earth are you telling us later that we trusted her way too much given how much she had posted?
I find it worth noticing too that the first votes went to the same person, but I wouldn't call it great trust.
Seems to me catching upon very minor things. Gah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Mostly that, at the time, everyone I wanted as a Rep already had two votes and everyone that had one vote was someone I didn't care to trust just yet. And I wanted to give my vote to someone who would use it responsibly, as you've shown you can do, in past games.
This actually looks innocent.

Quote:
"Mountain out of a molehill" much? And what do you mean by "not liking some of my posts"?
I don't know. Some of them. I need to look at them again, what in particular it was.

******An inner note*******
GREENIE seems even more innocent than before now, especially because of her "defense" of Lommy, which seemed logical. However, her - how was it? "thank you for clearing it up" which she said so friendly to everybody, first I believe Shasta and then to Agan (both page 8) seem a bit too friendly and nice. But in general, nothing wrong with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
It's not in vain that democracy has been called the most civil form of government!
You are wrong, Nogrod. Democracy is outdated. Now, let us... okay, okay, I am not going to start on that again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
These suspicions seem fabricated to me. Which posts in particular didn't you like, and why?
Aganzir has been talking quite a bit toDay, so I'm entirely sure what you mean by "a vote likely to disappear." Had Aganzir been relatively quiet prior to the first DL? I can't remember. Maybe I'll check later.
(I am quoting the larger part of the post just for I have something to say to the other part of it as well, however, the first line is the main I am replying to - it refers to my words about Shasta having some posts I don't like.) Okay, since you are the second one to ask this, I am going to look them up right after I post this post. (And as for Aganzir, check. She said she's not going to be around, which was repeated by her, by me, whatever, just look up even this very post.)
BTW - related - there are moments when I think (no offense, Gwath) that some people just are not reading. When I want to comment on person A commenting on person B, first I should see to it that I also know what was the thing person B said (to which person A was replying). Gosh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Can I ask, what do the representatives actually want us to do? I mean obviously we can't vote but do you want to know who we would vote for if we could to help you make your decisions? Basically - do you want your votes to be based on the feelings of the whole village or are you on your own, votes based on your thoughts/gut feelings depending on which you use? It would just be nice to get an idea of how this is going to work.
For me, dear Kath, my authoritarian choice is definite. This game's system simply asks for using it the way that somebody elects me, and then I vote according to my own best choices. Forget listening to voters after I have been nominated. It is weak. This is not a People's Republic. This is Spar--- er, sorry, that's from somewhere different. A bit more seriously: simply put, I am going to vote for the person I see as the most suspicious. However still, of course it is helpful if people post their suspect lists or such, first because they can help anyway during the game, and second because indeed, who knows, perhaps one may get some idea from them which he wouldn't have thought of himself. But, just do not expect however, that when five of you say that you want to lynch person X, I am going to do it just because the popular vote wants it. No, you have picked your representatives, and now you have them. It is upon them. THE POWER IS NO LONGER IN YOUR HANDS, PEOPLE!!! Only during the Rep-election.

Which is exactly how this Republic works.

******INNER WHATEVER #2 - EXPRESSING SOME GENERAL THOUGHTS ON SOME MATTERS*******
Now if you read Lommy's post 333 there are exactly the answers I would have expected there. I am not sure what was that Agan had problem with, for this is how I understood it. A wolf-agan trying to shed bad light on Lommy? But that would surprise me, as I suppose Agan more clever than to use such weak grounds to raise suspicion for people.

As for the Lommy and Shasta questioning itself, when it comes to the "triangle", I don't see anything weird on Lommy, but Shasta seems to me like "jumping on a train" (a bandwagon, one might say, to raise the proper connotations), misunderstanding Lommy and trying to set it up as suspicion (resp. to try to continue on a bandwagon of suspicion, which, actually, from Lommy's part wasn't really a suspicion but merely a statement).

Quote:
More exaggeration: she says neither Greenie nor I spared positive adjectives when trying to justify our votes for Brinn. I called her trustworthy, Greenie good & sensible player and innocentish. To me it doesn't look like either of us was trying to flatter Brinn, least of all me. Then she claims that exaggeration is a part of her style and that she doesn't think she had been exaggerating that far.
Exaggeration! How can you build a case upon that? Really, this seems like really building up a case out of nothing. In Czech we say "sucking it out of your finger", I am not sure of any good equivalent. Simply, making it up out of nothing.

(NOTE OF MYSELF AS POSTER: And I became inclined to ignore the rest of their discussion, for they became just silly, both of them, posting all over the place. I will probably read it later and not now, for it turned into a too much personal issue between the two, of accusing one and the other here and back again. Now just for the general things.)

Quote:
I'm enjoying the Star Wars quotes. Keep them coming if you want my continued support.
You shouldn't've said that, but sure I would, probably, even without you saying it.

Quote:
I don't think I will vote Lommy today. It was after all just a few things that made me suspect her in the first place (which is not enough to make me lynch her on day 1 twice in a row), and her replies to me seem genuinely frustrated in an innocentish way. I'm still suspicious of her but I rather give her the benefit of doubt for now.
So that's how the heated Lommy-Agan exchange ends for now: the end is better though than how I have seen it all the time. If it's genuine and not just backing away, good. I would certainly like to hope so.

So, that is it for now. Now I only hope I did not x-post with too many people.

Hello, Republic!

EDIT: So, x-ed only since some two or so posts from the bottom of page 9. So, no Hello Republic for me yet. *off to read* - but back sooner than before, I hope. (Perhaps it will delay people to read my post now, so they won't post meanwhile too much...)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:03 PM   #379
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

After adding Gil to my "not going to vote" -underlinings up there I realised there was a general flaw in there indeed.

So I'll just pick the rest (the not underlined) here and try to elaborate...

Those I have no grounds for voting at the moment...

Gil-Galad - the enigma who is more often innocent than not - and gets things right more often than has been granted the honour of
Greenie - the sneaky one, my daughter... I never figure her out and thence am afraid everytime
Sally - very hard nut to crack but maybe more innocentish because of the level of her light-heartedness (she was a bit more focused the last time she was a wolf)
The Ka - she's always hard for me to read and I tend to suspect her more than not

Which then leaves me with:

Eönwë - a hard one for me everytime I play with him: could go either way
Gwathagor - could be a wolf, could not be...
McCaber - the ultimate submarine: manages to post without no one having a read on him
mormegil - I do not like his recurring points on tp being very different this time...
Shasta - could be a wolf, could not be...

Hah, Gwath and morm... I'll promise this will not become a recurring trait that I will suspect the most those who vote for me as a representative...

I need to think of a balanced verdict between suspicion and my hope of getting some valuable input to the village if the one turns out innocent...

*calculating...*
Old 11-12-2008, 05:09 PM   #380
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I haven't even read all of your post yet Legate but this cries for spelling it out aloud...

If tp says that if you keep on making that Star Wars stuff he'll be backing you... what do you do? You keep on with it in a striking manner.

That looks suspicious indeed... I need to make the choice in something like fifteen minutes (1.30AM here, waking up call at 6.30) and you didn't make it easier.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:15 PM   #381
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
In the future, if someone reverses their stance, it will be "Doing a Legate". Ha ha ha!
I am honoured.

Eönwë's last post seems somewhat more genuine, however, one would except a wolf to retailate and be more careful if exposed...

Quote:
I haven't even read all of your post yet Legate but this cries for spelling it out aloud...

If tp says that if you keep on making that Star Wars stuff he'll be backing you... what do you do? You keep on with it in a striking manner.
Well, if it calms you a little, I wrote that far earlier than I even got to the point where phantom says that... FAR before I got to that point. However anyway, yes, the post is somewhere full of nonsensish rant, you may skip it (SW, republic at one or two points later) and read the actual substance. But bear in mind that I simply could not not post to what's been said during half the Day here, and I said practically all I'd have said had I been here...

Okay, now off to check those Shasta-posts like I promised.

And, for reference, right now I am inclining to vote some Eönwë, most probably.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 11-12-2008, 05:18 PM   #382
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
And I'm still a bit bothered about phantom's first Day "maybe I requested to be an ordo with my special relationship to Fea" -stuff.
I already answered that.

Di is the one that dared to go into the realm of Moderator bias based upon RL circumstances. I merely countered by planting an alternative version. I agreed with whoever it was (Lommy I believe) that attempting to claim such a thing would be unsporting. That's why I worded it the way that I did.

I'm hoping that answers any doubts you have about it.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #383
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Bah! I'm terribly sorry at how busy I've been. I feel fairly negligent and I'm sorry. I'm to the start of page nine and I've briefly skimmed the rest. So more impressions is that Agan seems very reasonable and this leads me to think she is innocent. Gil is back, what would a wolfish Gil act like? I doubt it is the case but I'm curious to see how he would behave...has he ever been one before? Shasta is a rapid fire poster, a lot of little things said but nothing overly profound, not that it's expected on Day 1 but when there are so many posts from one person it makes me take notice.

Lots of people are talking about Eonwe but honestly I haven't gotten a feel one way or another, I guess I've kind of ignored him in the mass of other posts.

Lommy and Legate...so help me if I see another novel of a post from either one of you I may string you up myself. Joking aside, Legate still seems off to me, it feels contrived.

The Phantom seems a bit more normal than earlier but that could mean anything. I still think him suspect because of the behavior changes I've seen.

Nog seems to suspect me for talking about phantom...odd he repeats this of me a few times and suspects me for doing something similar.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 PM   #384
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I need to go to sleep now.

I will vote for

++ Gwath

(I don't think these votes had to be made in red... wasn't it only the rep-votes? Okay, to be sure...)

++ Gwath

Because I think it is a plausible interpretation of Gwath's odd grounds for voting - and he knew what he was bargaining for... Why else would he have formulated his vote for me to be a rep in that way being himself obviously one of the group he wished me to target?

Also. Agan already voted for Legate and I can't be around to hear his answers. Giving him a two vote lead would be just a bit too risky if he's an innocent.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #385
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

So I finally managed to finish reading all the posts.

Good Night, Republic!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:26 PM   #386
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Legate, tp & morm - fair enough points, in different ways.

I'm off now... Hoping to see you toMorrow.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #387
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Shasta - "posts which I do not like" explanation

Okay, I don't recall anymore if I had in mind really more posts, perhaps I said posts and meant just this one post. Simply, the thing you said shortly before I left yesterday. And most likely, the point concerned was nothing more and nothing less than the actual issue which has been talked around here several times over again:

Quote:
Legate also made a list. What's odd is that he seems to be on very good terms with both Boromir and Phantom... a bit flip-floppy on Phantom, actually, based on his earlier attitude. I think Lommy's right about a possible Boro-Phantom-Legate triangle, but to what purpose? Surely they're not all wolves... are they?
So that was it. You can look up at my post (the long one - you can't overlook it) the "INNER WHATEVER #2" part, where I speak already a bit about the subject. So, it is simply that I thought Shasta is making there a cause out of something which seemed to me not to be a case in the first place (i.e. Lommy speaking about me, Boro and Phantom interacting and Shasta took it as some kind of possible coalition of ours or what). Cf. with the above.

Going, most likely, to post a list about my current view of players; but keep any possible reactions on me or questions coming while I am here. (I am not going to stay around for that long. I have to sleep too.)

EDIT: x-ed with Morm and further
Old 11-12-2008, 05:33 PM   #388
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Nog, before you go- your vote. It's not in the proper format, so I'm not certain it will be counted.

Figured you'd want to know.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:36 PM   #389
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Nog, before you go- your vote. It's not in the proper format, so I'm not certain it will be counted.

Figured you'd want to know.

Yeah, I think you have to add the word lynch before the name of the person.

I don't know why I'm still here. G'night!
Old 11-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #390
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
As long as the votes are bright red and it's clear what they're for, format's pretty much negotiable.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:37 PM   #391
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Legate also made a list. What's odd is that he seems to be on very good terms with both Boromir and Phantom... a bit flip-floppy on Phantom, actually, based on his earlier attitude. I think Lommy's right about a possible Boro-Phantom-Legate triangle, but to what purpose? Surely they're not all wolves... are they?
So that was it. You can look up at my post (the long one - you can't overlook it) the "INNER WHATEVER #2" part, where I speak already a bit about the subject. So, it is simply that I thought Shasta is making there a cause out of something which seemed to me not to be a case in the first place (i.e. Lommy speaking about me, Boro and Phantom interacting and Shasta took it as some kind of possible coalition of ours or what). Cf. with the above.
I thought I already explained that....?

Edit: X'ed with Eonwe and FeaMod.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 11-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #392
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

morm- are you going to be around more often on Day 2?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #393
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Agan for Legate
Nog for Gwath

Still to vote-

Boro
Brinniel
Ilya
Legate
the phantom
Old 11-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #394
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Aganzir - I said something about her above. Summa summarum: there are a few things that make me worried about her, like her going after Lommy on some absolutely nonsensish grounds. Then, on some other issues she had reasonable points, like about Eönwë, but bah, we all know the Agan-wolf. Which however is also the things which baffles me with her suspicion of Lommy: we all know the Agan-wolf. She won't make so simpleton-ish accusations, from my point of view. Also, I am not sure if her vote for me has much logical grouds. Well, what. Watching.

Boromir88 - this far, keeping the profile I already spoke about before (see some of my earlier lists). Innocent-like. (The only thing that could bother would be that his behavior pattern seems to be all the same and unchanging, thus, what it is a role he suited himself into? But that's just a question.)

Brinniel - I said that earlier, the main issue with her now is the vote for Agan, which she did not explain at least to me at all. A reasoning that makes no sense?

Diamond18 - I believe had not posted since my last list.

Eönwë - actually not getting better (after pondering everything) since what I last said about him. There is this kind-of-innocent thing I said about his last post, but still, the suspicion is stronger than this.

Gil-Galad - now here is he, and, Gil, sorry for saying that, that's by no means pejorative but simply stating the truth, confused as ever. I am not making much of his interaction with Shasta, as it does not seem to have any real substance in it.

Greenie - as I said in my Horribly Long Post (TM) above, seeming innocent, maybe only a bit too innocent? Too nice, calm, agreeing? Need to see more.

Gwathagor - I don't still have much to say about him. I cannot say guilty nor innocent about him, for any much reason.

Ilya - so far so good

Legate - would better just shut up and not say any SW quotes any more, or he'll become a bantha poodoo.

Lommy - still looking rather innocent. Really, seeming normal. Nothing suspicous-worthy, whatever others say.

Kath - I somehow feel like starting to get a read on her. Feeling better about her.

McCaber - no real change on opinion since last time.

mormegil - also not much real change, seems like an okay guy with nothing sinister coming through.

Nerwen - starts to seem a bit like her usual self. (Though still would expect her to post more, but that's a side issue.)

Nogrod - lately I started to wonder a bit, whether he is not a wolf in disguise for a serious gentleman after all; however, as I have no real grounds for suspicion, just the feeling and sometimes kind of jerks from his behavior, nothing to raise against him for now.

Rune - so here, at least, too! And seems pretty genuine. Nothing too bad.

Sally - little to add since last visit. Still seeming fine.

Shasta - my suspicions on him may have been kind of made less sharp by the course of time, but still, keeping an eye on him.

The Ka - still could be this nice visitor who comes, cleans her shoes and hangs her hat by the door, drinks a cup of tea and leaves again (with the hat, of course). But I can't say A nor B about her either.

And last of all my favourite, the phantom, on whom I still hold the opinion, at least this far, that he does not strike me as sinister. Not yet, at least...

Well, so that's it. We shall see who crossposted with me, and maybe also possibly vote, for I don't wish to hang around for too long, but it looks like this is a good place to end as any... looks like Eönwë for me right now.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:52 PM   #395
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I thought I already explained that....?
But I do not wish YOU to explain to me I AM explaining to YOU here and to Gwath, who questioned about what were the "posts I found bad" by you (read in my long post above, you asked me about that). This is a recourse to something that happened almost 24 hours ago
Old 11-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #396
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
I need to go to sleep now.

I will vote for

++ Gwath

(I don't think these votes had to be made in red... wasn't it only the rep-votes? Okay, to be sure...)

++ Gwath

Because I think it is a plausible interpretation of Gwath's odd grounds for voting - and he knew what he was bargaining for... Why else would he have formulated his vote for me to be a rep in that way being himself obviously one of the group he wished me to target?

Oh irony.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #397
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Okay. This is most probably the end for me.

My vote, like I said:

++ Lynch Eönwë

And that's it.

Well, nothing more to add for now. I hope to see you all toMorrow.

Hmm, and... oh, of course...

May the Force Be With You. Always.

(Sounds very appropriate from a Sith Lord, does it? )
Old 11-12-2008, 06:21 PM   #398
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I would make a list but I think it would be rather pointless seeing as all my opinions will be based upon what I consider a below average amount of thought and reading (for me). And in addition my list will completely change during the Night most likely as that will be when I am able to spend some time on this village. And so the list wouldn't even begin to be a starting point for anything.

Right now I think my best course of action is to decide on a few people that I don't want to vote for. That does not mean that I think they are innocent (though I am leaning that way on a couple of them), but possibly that I view them as someone that I will form an opinion on by tomorrow and so I see no point in offing them now.

I would say that Nogrod, Lommy, Agan, Legate, Kath, Gil, morm, Gwath, Sally, Green, Brin, Eonwe, and Boro are extremely safe from my vote at this time.

Are there WWs among them? Heh- odds certainly say yes. But it's Day 1, so I'm not terribly concerned.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:24 PM   #399
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye updated voting...

Agan for Legate
Nog for Gwath
Legate for Eonwe

Still to vote-

Boro
Brinniel
Ilya
the phantom

Ilya- thanks for the voting summary earlier.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:26 PM   #400
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom
I would say that Nogrod, Lommy, Agan, Legate, Kath, Gil, morm, Gwath, Sally, Green, Brin, Eonwe, and Boro are extremely safe from my vote at this time.
Just vote me, Phantom, we both know you want to.