The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2008, 07:15 PM   #201
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Well- I... er... wasn't aware that either of them were interested in me. And I can certainly say that my interests lie elsewhere, so the theory is flawed.

I'm holding out for one of our dear Mod-Goddesses.

*stops reading long enough to roll her eyes*

Gah. Some initial vibes from what I've seen. Mind you, spur of the moment, gut stuff, most of it kind of silly, so if I read things again I may change my mind. [/sleepy disclaimers]

Phantom: needs to shut his gob. I'm trying to decide if his questions are really to get more *cough* unnecessary *cough* information or if he's just being talkative to be a distraction. But he's always like this. *sigh*
Shasta: he's psychic?!?!?!?!?!?!? *covers head in tinfoil*
Legate: seems fairly sensible and help out-ish.
Boro:
Nog:
Eon: See the post where he says (I believe) that the discussion so far is pointless. This strikes me as very odd. We have to do our best on the first day (not that I like them either) and no discussion is pointless/unhelpful in the wolf-catching effort. Especially in a village this size, the more people talk the more we have to use to evaluate them.
Morm: Monkey with a gun. Yipes. But for some reason my Morm sensor is NEVER right. Ridiculous, really. I think he's innocent, so he must be guilty.
Cabbie:
Gwath:
Brinn:
Ilya: Haven't played with her before, but she strikes me as almost too innocent. Then again, I'm paranoid. WHY ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT ME?!?!??
Kath:
Ka: cute little posts (at least the ones I've read so far) and fairly friendly. Which isn't to say that Ka's not always friendly, or that wolves have to be rude, but she seems legit, at least for now.
Greenie: Sneaky little minx. Is she a wolf in this game? I'll let you know, but for now I don't think so.
Agan: always a wolf. Always.
Di:
Nerwen:
Fea: is the den mother. obviously. I mean, how hard is it to see, people? She's obviously evil! *runs off flailing* hehe

If there's nothing by your name I think nothing of you. (Take that how you like heh. Kidding, kidding.) Off to term paper world.

EDIT: x'd with two Shasta's. Odd Couple. Oooo....
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:29 PM   #202
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Sally seems okay thus far. Boro still hasn't set off an alarm. So far so good.

My Brin and Green read-through will have to wait though. I have a task that I must complete in RL.

And I just realized that there is no rush anyway, because we still have another day of Day 1 left to us. All that I need to be sure and do is vote for a Rep, and I'll certainly get that in before the deadline.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:31 PM   #203
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Going to take a nap, children.

My original rep choice was going to be Noggie, followed by Phantom, Agan, and Legate in no particular order. Noggie's already got his two required rep points, and I know that Phantom will be paying attention to the game (too much, if anything, heh) so he'd be a good choice too. However, my vote goes to....

++Legate for representative

I feel fairly comfortable with my choice, so if anyone wants to back me up on it (someone might have already, I know for a fact I didn't catch all the votes) feel free.

EDIT: x'd with Phantom.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #204
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
I'm holding out for one of our dear Mod-Goddesses.

And I hope you and Mith will be very happy together.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #205
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post

And I hope you and Mith will be very happy together.
Oh burrrrn.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:47 PM   #206
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Oh burrrrn.

Not at all. He has long believed her secret real life identity is this lovely lady... I simply can't compete.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:50 PM   #207
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Fea, aren't you dead?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #208
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Fea, aren't you dead?
Only on the inside, darling...
Old 11-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #209
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Only on the inside, darling...
In that case...hypothetically speaking, if I was the seer and I hypothetically dreamed of you what would you send back in response?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #210
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
In that case...hypothetically speaking, if I was the seer and I hypothetically dreamed of you what would you send back in response?
"Braaaaainnnssss"?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 11-11-2008, 08:01 PM   #211
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Agan seems pretty genuine in her first post. I would like to go with her as my rep, but have some questions as far as her involvement in the next 24-hour period. Hmm...doubt she'll be back before this 1st period ends.

Brinn, what do you think about being chosen by Agan and Greenie?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #212
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:

"To my dear and respected Seer: I am the Puppet-Master and you are merely a hand-painted marionette."
Old 11-11-2008, 08:05 PM   #213
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I want you to be my rep Shasta, the only reservations I have is if you do get the power, I can picture you using it to end up lynching me for sweet vengeance.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:07 PM   #214
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I want you to be my rep Shasta, the only reservations I have is if you do get the power, I can picture you using it to end up lynching me for sweet vengeance.
Well, right now I don't really think you're a wolf, Boro, and contrary to popular belief, I don't consider myself to be spiteful.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:10 PM   #215
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Well, right now I don't really think you're a wolf, Boro, and contrary to popular belief, I don't consider myself to be spiteful. ~Shasta
I guess if I went with someone else, that would make me the spiteful one then.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:11 PM   #216
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I guess if I went with someone else, that would make me the spiteful one then.
I never said that...
Old 11-11-2008, 08:17 PM   #217
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

To hopefully make it easier on the adored puppet-master.

The Reps (votes):

Brinniel (2)
Ilya (2)
Nogrod (2)

People with 1 vote:

Lommy
Boro
Greenie
the phantom
Aganzir
Legate

Quote:
I never said that... ~Shasta
Nope, I did.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #218
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Nope, I did.
It was a joke...
Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 PM   #219
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I thought it was about time, but forgot we're going by the 'Downs clock which is a good half-hour behind my phone.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 PM   #220
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
It was a joke...~Shasta
You couldn't just let me try to drown myself with guilt?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:24 PM   #221
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
You couldn't just let me try to drown myself with guilt?
Admirable, but unnecessary.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:39 PM   #222
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

As I have a film test tomorrow, I'm going to pretty much be out for the night, although I'll try to (procrastinate) check back in around the deadline. So, my vote:

++Boro88 for representative

Even though I'm still not quite sure about him, his logic is sound and his points all seem worth consideration.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:45 PM   #223
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Fifty minutes till deadline, right?
Old 11-11-2008, 08:56 PM   #224
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Oh burrrrn.
I think not. As Mith is the only unattached Moddess, my comment was clearly directed at her.

All right, I promised I'd look at Brin and Green.

I have no opinion on them. Nothing they have said has tripped an alarm, but I also have no particular reason to trust them.

Thus neither of them will be receiving my Rep-vote.

Now, stealing the list and updating it-

The Reps (votes):

Brinniel- (2)
Ilya- (2)
Nogrod- (2)
Boro (2)

People with 1 vote:

Lommy
Greenie
the phantom
Aganzir
Legate
Old 11-11-2008, 08:59 PM   #225
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
Brinn, what do you think about being chosen by Agan and Greenie?
Quite honestly, I'm a bit surprised. I wasn't expecting to be voted for at all toDay...though I suppose perhaps that's because I'm so used never getting nominated for anything... Aganzir and Greenie haven't posted much and I can't get a good read on them. Their reasons for voting me seem sensible enough, though I don't know if I would've picked myself. I'm pretty sure Day Ones are my worst Day participation-wise; I always have a low post count on this Day. But I suppose that could be reason to make me a rep...force me to be louder from the beginning.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:09 PM   #226
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

It's time for another list. This is to help me decide and let everyone see what I am thinking about my Rep-vote.

Aganzir- I'd like to see more.
Boromir88- Seems okay so far. A good choice.
Brinniel- I'd like to see more.
Diamond18- I'd like to see more.
Eönwë- I'd like to see more.
Gil-Galad- I'd like to see more.
Greenie- I'd like to see more.
Gwathagor- I'd like to see more.
Ilya- Seems okay so far. A good choice.
Legate- I like having him around, but feel I can't trust him yet.
Lommy- Seems okay so far. A good choice.
Kath- I'd like to see more.
McCaber- I'd like to see more.
mormegil- I'd like to see more.
Nerwen- I'd like to see more.
Nogrod- I like having him around, but feel I can't trust him yet.
Rune- I'd like to see more.
Sally- I'm leaning towards Ordo, but I'd like to see more.
Shasta- I like having him around, but feel I can't trust him yet.
The Ka- I'd like to see more.
the phantom- If only I coud vote for him.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:10 PM   #227
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

"I'd like to see more."
"I'd like to see more."
"I'd like to see more."

Greedy, greedy, greedy.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 PM   #228
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just to keep track of who is voting for whom:

Aganzir: ++Brinniel (Brinn 1)
Greenie: ++Brinniel (Brinn 2)
Lommy: ++Ilya (Brinn 2, Ilya 1)
Kath: ++Lommy (Brinn 2, Ilya 1, Lommy 1)
Ka: ++Boromir (Brinn 2, Ilya 1, Lommy 1, Boromir 1)
morm: ++Nogrod (Brinn 2, Ilya 1, Lommy 1, Boromir 1, Nogrod 1)
Nogrod: ++Ilya (Brinn 2, Ilya 2, Lommy 1, Boromir 1, Nogrod 1)
Eonwe: ++Greenie (Brinn 2, Ilya 2, Lommy 1, Boromir 1, Nogrod 1, Greenie 1)
Gwath:
++Nogrod (Brinn 2, Ilya 2, Lommy 1, Boromir 1, Nogrod 2, Greenie 1)
Legate: ++phantom (Brinn 2, Ilya 2, Lommy 1, Boromir 1, Nogrod 2, Greenie 1, tp 1)
Shasta: ++Aganzir (Brinn 2, Ilya 2, Lommy 1, Boromir 1, Nogrod 2, Greenie 1, tp 1, Aganzir 1)
Sally: ++Legate (Brinn 2, Ilya 2, Lommy 1, Boromir 1, Nogrod 2, Greenie 1, tp 1, Aganzir 1, Legate 1)
Ilya: ++Boromir (Brinn 2, Ilya 2, Lommy 1, Boromir 2, Nogrod 2, Greenie 1, tp 1, Aganzir 1, Legate 1)

Has not voted: Boromir, Brinn, Di, Gil, McCaber, Nerwen, Rune, tp

With only twenty-five minutes to go. Or are we going by BD time?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:14 PM   #229
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

BD time. I thought it would be easiest to use a clock we all share.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:16 PM   #230
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Greedy, greedy, greedy.
Sorry, but I'm trying to be honest here, and with most people I simply need to hear from them more to get a feel for them.

That isn't to say that my gut will lead me any better than a coin flip, but I refuse to hand over my voting power to someone if I have no opinion on them and their motives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin
Or are we going by BD time?
I believe.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #231
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Ooh, that means we have forty-five minutes then. Yeah, looking at the BD clock does make things much easier.

Btw, I think I'm going to have to fly to Copenhagen and pummel Rune for not showing up on Day 1. Silly boy.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:18 PM   #232
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ah politics. I should pull out my copy of Plato. Or Machiavelli at any rate.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #233
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Ah politics. I should pull out my copy of Plato. Or Machiavelli at any rate.
WOLF!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:22 PM   #234
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

My laptop battery is about to die...
Old 11-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #235
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
WOLF!
Machiavelli?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #236
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Does anyone find it ironic that I happen to be writing a speech for class arguing against the Electoral College at this very moment?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:32 PM   #237
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
My laptop battery is about to die...
You have a laptop battery? You mean a battery that sits on your lap? What's the purpose of that?

*chuckle*

Anyway, I'm going back to do some reading before I make my Rep selection.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #238
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

In case there was confusion, I thought I should point out, just for the sake of it, that there will be no intermission between parts one and two of the Days. Just keep on playing through Deadline, but know that you'll be no longer allowed to vote for Reps and that your choices are in their hands for the rest of the day. Is that clear?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:38 PM   #239
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Hmm....I should vote soon.

I'm currently torn between choosing Shasta or Aganzir...
Old 11-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #240
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm sort of going in circles here.

I only want to nominate someone who has given me something to work with.

But of course those people I can count on to speak up no matter what, so is it possible that I could use my vote to encourage someone else to take action?

But then I'm uneasy giving power to an unknown.

But some of the "knowns" make me slightly uneasy anyway, so are they any better?

Of course if I hand someone that seems trusted even more power, might the WWs fear their future influence and off them during the night? So perhaps I should fake mistrust of those who I truly trust in order to preserve them for the first couple days.

Gah!

I suspect I'm making this more difficult than it is supposed to be.