The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2009, 10:58 PM   #361
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Hopefully that satiates multiple peoples' desires for more analysis of people on my part. It certainly took forever.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #362
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Sad that you fail to see that. Well I'm not going to force my opinion on the matter - and what you say about my "insistence" clearly tells you have not been reading the thread... Too bad as I have kind of counted on you to be one of those who actually read what is said unlike some who just pop in and vote.
By insistence I mean the way you replied to Rikae and don't seem to see that what Durelin said was very likely IC. I also think you're going a bit too far with that up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
It's just that I really have no idea what to do, found a few odd things in your posts, and can't figure out anything else.
Hey, there's still time to find alternatives.

Last edited by Macalaure; 01-24-2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: crossed with the Mirandirs
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #363
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Durelin spent 47 hours brooding in her dark corner, pondering her now dual purpose. There was double the pondering to be done, and time was growing short.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:07 PM   #364
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I mean, I have two votes and now two people I suspect state that they suspect me on suspect reasons that might or might not be subject to change til they vote. Now I'm sitting here waiting for the things to happen and wondering whether I will have to fight til the last minute again or not and whether I will make it this time and whether I'll be forced to vote for somebody I think is likely innocent again instead of someone I actually suspect.
Sounds soo familiar...

I see why people suspect you. On Day1 your speculation did look like you were giving hints to the other side and toDay your reactions to Rikae's "reveal" looked bad indeed.

But you make yourself very innocent otherwise... So a skilfull wolf or just a sometimes misguided ordo? I might vote for you but I'm reluctant to do it as it's only Day2 now.

Like with anyone, it's only our death that will confirm our innocence - or guilt. But being an ordo we should not be thinking about if some of our suspicions were not too well-received or if our suspecting someone were to produce a counter-attack or anything. The sincerity of our words are proved afterwards but our goal is to draw the baddies forwards before the game ends.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #365
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:

Umm, what?
Note that is what happens when I don't read clearly enough. I thought you were convienently making three people look guilty. Then I counted again.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:10 PM   #366
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So, the uncertainty of my gender aside...

Brinniel still bothers me. Nerwen and Fea bother me - Nerwen for her vote, Fea for her reaction to Rikae's seer comment. Nogrod bothers me too, but he also amuses me right now, and I do not think he's a wraith. Really all the late Gollum-voters bother me right now. It really grates on my nerves when the lynchee is chosen by people compromising on an easy target - someone who does not play how they wish people to play.

At any rate, back to brooding for a bit.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:12 PM   #367
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
I'm curious, Fea, if you have a reason you'd like to share for sparing Mac?
Not that I'd like to share, no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Durelin spent 47 hours brooding in her dark corner, pondering her now dual purpose. There was double the pondering to be done, and time was growing short.
Seriously? You're not thinking it's a bit late for IC posting?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #368
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin stared broodingly at the glowing embers in the fireplace. Emnity filled the room, thick as smoke. They were surely doomed.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:16 PM   #369
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
And what about Strider? Nothing has been mentioned about who xe could be, other than some talk on page 8 about Durelin
Why would we talk about Strider?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #370
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Because there's been speculation about every other role. I just thought it was strange, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #371
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Because it can be useful to have a good idea who is playing the Ranger role.

Which seems to be what Durelin's getting at.

What I can't figure out about this game is what's with the mysterious 'obvious' reveals so early on? Rikae playing seer, Durelin posting only in Ranger garb (and third person)... What is this about? Is it just a reignited desire for simple playfulness?

Or is there something secret going on with roles? Or like...

I just can't figure out why ordos would set themselves up to be lynched unless they're taking one for the team in effort to set up a bandwagon so the people later on can analyze what happened?

Like... it just doesn't make sense to me.

I'm very tempted to vote Dury as I don't know what she's playing at. I feel like the Ranger wouldn't make a point of making herself wraith-bait.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #372
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I agree with Fea. Why would a Ranger make such a point of being out in the open? That's like screaming "Here I am! Come kill me!" That's just poor gameplay in my opinion. Unless, as Fea said, Durelin is playing at something else. Seems mighty suspicious to me.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #373
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
In no particular order, just happens to be how they are listed for living:

Sally: Nothing has caught my attention yet. Seems genuinely innocent.

Fea: Honestly, I have no idea what to think of her and Rikae's bantering. Even when I was on her side I still couldn't pin her. Something tells me she's worth looking at, but then again I also know her kamakazi style.

Mirandir: Newbie still, gets that for protection. Will keep on eye on her though. And yes, wine tasting did get in the way.

Lommy: Seems innocent enough. Nothing that I can see that screams "look at me I'm a wolf!"

Legate: I can't really get a good read on him. I can't even remember if he posted today(and am running out of time to look).

Rikae: I didn't like her bantering about being the seer/Frodo. She's a good player, from what I can tell now, but that doesn't sit well with me. Either she's playing ordo Fea style or she's a wolf. And I'm right now leaning more towards the wolf part of that.

Agan: Am entirly not sure what to think. She's playing it rather interestingly. I'm leaning towards more of a guilty party with her, but I don't really have any evidence other than I think there is something there.

Nogrod: Is interesting to finally play with past Day 1. I'm not sure what to think of all his posts, but am leaning towards a more innocent feel. His lists of people are interesting as well.

Beregond
: Is new like Mirandir so gets the same newbie protection. However, has not fully slipped my radar.

Nerwen: I didn't like the voting yesterday. Not at all. Something about it didn't look right.

Rune: I have absolutly no idea.

Mac: Well, I do still think that you are not entirly innocent because of your trying to save yourself.

Menel: No idea.

Durelin
: Besides not really liking the first post(though it was good) other than the feeling that the character that's like a ranger would not be a ranger but made a wolf(if I were picking) don't have anything on her.

A Little Green: Nothing really on her either.

Brinniel: Seems innocent enough. Nothing really jumping out at me on her.

Ok, there it is. I'm still not sure who to vote for and I have about 30 minutes to decide.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #374
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I'm very tempted to vote Dury as I don't know what she's playing at. I feel like the Ranger wouldn't make a point of making herself wraith-bait.
Exactly what I have been trying to say. But now as you say it as well I'm getting a bit reluctant to do that...

Quote:
I just can't figure out why ordos would set themselves up to be lynched unless they're taking one for the team in effort to set up a bandwagon so the people later on can analyze what happened?
Exactly that Fea! Sad if that has never occured to you.

But the problem sure is that these we have (Rikae and Dury) do not look like they fitted the description of an innocent laying a trap.

So you say it doesn't make sense with you? But how about if one of them (or both) were wraiths / Ferny / Frodo with a stinking morals? Wouldn't it make sense then?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #375
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Fea, you seem off to me. You go back and forth between a knowing hush-hush to "we should talk about all the roles", and you're nearly as jumpy as Nogrod when it comes to conspiracy theories. Overall you're being rather boring, especially for you.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:31 PM   #376
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I didn't start the fire

First of all. . . You guys talk to much and I should like to strike you all down!

Quote:
The List:

Suspicious
Sally
Fea
Greenie

Watching
Legate
Nerwen
Aganzir

No Clue
Lari
Mira
Rikae
Beregond
Mac
Menel

Innocent
Lommy
Nogrod
Durelin

My ego is hurt!
Why did I not make "The List"?

Quote:
Of course. Voting one of the two (or the one) who was ahead of Gollum and not a wraith.
But what if both where wraiths?

Quote:
Ok, it was maybe not nice of me to say that. It's true, however, that people have built up reputations in all the games they've played, and that people often shy away from lynching someone with a higher reputation, if only by the number of games played, when they have no real reason to. All of us three have played more games than Gollum and had more successes (more defeats, too, but those are usually forgotten quickly).
To be honest (I have to try everything once) I cannot remember you or Lommy being succesfull in wraithwolf, but I do have a selective memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
I'd suggest we keep any speculation regarding the Innkeeper/Seer to ourselves. Discussing Seerish comments openly just draws the wraiths towrd the true Seer, which isn't good. True, it may help to protect said person, but I personally think it wise to conceal the Seer's identity from xyr enemies as long as possible.
What!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I was joking, but I won't say I wasn't well aware somebody might make something of it, and I thought what they made of it might be useful.
Mac, I've tested you three times now, and you've earned my trust. If you're a baddie, kudos.
He earned your trust because he passed some more or less imaginary tests? Come on. . . fair enough if he goes to the bottom of you list of suspects, but to trust him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Why is it that I feel completely lost? I'm not smart enough to get any sense out of all this suttf. I've lost the track of this discussion completely. Shall we talk about... hmmm... carrots?
I am kind of like Beregond, I like potatos better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Brinn started by complaining about IC posting. I find it understandable - only a few people had made lots of IC posts and there was nothing of substance yet. It's okay if everyone makes a few of them, but three people filling a page with them merits some complaint.

She might have overreacted a bit to being suspected because of her first post, but I find her reaction rather innocentish. And Rune was certainly unnecessarily evil to her.

Her opinion on Frodo is contrary to that of a loud majority but I can understand her. Yeah, of course it would be easiest for us if Frodo just came out and said Hi, here I am! but it doesn't seem fair to ask xem to do it. But it would also make it more boring. At least I would much rather figure xem out based on xyr posts than see xem reveal. It's more entertaining.
I can see why some people think she's giving hints to Frodo, but I think too much along the same lines with her to agree with them. Yeah of course it's possible, but it's also possible Brinn is just being fair.
Okay she did talk about Frodo quite a lot though.

Out of Mac, Lommy and Gollum she found Gollum the most suspicious. It's hard to say anything yet, given that Lommy's & Mac's roles are still unknown. I wasn't very suspicious of Golly but didn't like his lack of substance that much either, so I can well understand why some people wanted to lynch him.

She thought Shasta was killed because of leaving no trails. While this is possible, I find it likely that the wolves also thought he was either the seer of Frodo.

She made a list of people in #277. I mostly agree with it, except that I'm not worried about Greenie. Her posts are usually well-thought out, but I don't think she was suspiciously careful.

Brinn didn't find Rikae's seer comment serious, but found everyone's reactions to it odd. What exactly do you mean by that, Brinn? How were they odd?

She said she couldn't see what benefit could come from Fea pretending Rikae was serious. I can. If Fea had a reason to assume Rikae was joking, it would have been sensible to help set her up as a wolf kill. Of course there was a risk of the real seer revealing, though, which I think is why it wasn't pursued further.
And of course Rikae can be the real seer now and she's just trying to get the baddies off track. They can never know, unless she is one of them.

Or help by misguiding the wolves to assume she isn't the seer? Anything's possible.

I think Brinn looks rather innocent in general. Her points are mostly sensible, and while I agree that she was rather tense on day 1, it seems to be more due to RL stuff. She's been much more relaxed later.
WRAITH SEEKING FRIEND TO MANIPULATE

It could be that Aganzir and Brinn agree on everything, but it could also be that Aganzir is trying to win an innocent over to her side.

This post might be enough for me to vote Aganzir

Quote:
I've been checking out Aganzir lately
This is a Tolkien site, not a dating site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post

But I'd just like to remind you that there are a host of people no one has had nothing to say or have just benevolently put them aside. Many of you have talked about Rikae, Mac, Aganzir, Lommy, Greenie, Brinn, Menel, Nerwen, Dury and me...

But who has glanced at Sally, Lari, Beregond, Fea, Mirandir, Legate, Rune?

I'll bet you there is at least one (and possibly two) ringwraith(s) in there in the latter company as well.
In a way I'd be more than happy to vote someone from the latter list. Just to protest the fact that people who talk more seem to top the lynching list everyday in any game of werewolf...
My god(s) what a non-statement!
I too could pick out half of the people playing this game, say that and have a good chance of being right.
It is fair enought that you want people to focus on everybody, but the part about how many wraiths to find in that group is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post

Rune

What does "our side" mean? Is this giving away that he is innocent? Or is it a ploy to make people think he is innocent when he's really a wraith? Someone to keep an eye on, for sure.
I put it there for you to think about

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:35 PM   #377
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dury
You go back and forth between a knowing hush-hush to "we should talk about all the roles"
If you look real close, you'll notice a cross post between me going hush-hush- and Rikae showing back up. Once she nixed what I thought she was doing, I went back to transparency in the system. Innocents with nothing to hide should have no problem revealing their innocent intentions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Exactly that Fea! Sad if that has never occured to you.
It's occurred to me that I want to sacrifice a fellow wolf every time I play an evil role. But there never seems to be any support from my colleagues...

++Durelin

Support my vote if you want.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:36 PM   #378
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
But the problem sure is that these we have (Rikae and Dury) do not look like they fitted the description of an innocent laying a trap.

So you say it doesn't make sense with you? But how about if one of them (or both) were wraiths / Ferny / Frodo with a stinking morals? Wouldn't it make sense then?
Dury could be Frodo trying to join the wraiths and be doing it that way. Someone did say that if they were Frodo they would have fun with it, and maybe Dury's idea of fun is becoming an extra baddie and helping them win.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #379
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

If you think I'm a suicidal baddy (who could have easily "flown under the radar" as many put it), so be it. You all deserved more of my foolishness after being so foolish yourselves, thinking my character-role was anything else.

Distraction pushed aside with regret, I will make up my mind who to vote for in the next 20 minutes anyway...
Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #380
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rikae: ++Greenie (Greenie 1)
Aganzir: ++Mac (Greenie 1, Mac 1)
Greenie: ++Nogrod (Greenie 1, Mac 1, Nogrod 1)
Menel: ++Mac (Greenie 1, Mac 2, Nogrod 1)
Lommy: ++Aganzir (Greenie 1, Mac 2, Nogrod 1, Aganzir 1)
Fea: ++Durelin (Greenie 1, Mac 2, Nogrod 1, Aganzir 1, Durelin 1)
Old 01-24-2009, 11:41 PM   #381
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Of those who have already been voted for, Greenie is the one I'd most likely vote for. My opinions of her haven't changed.

Nogrod's suspicions of Durelin do seem rather silly, however I don't think he has evil intentions. It seems more likely he's a misguided innocent with flawed reasoning.

I haven't been paying much attention to Mac, probably because his posts don't strike me either way. As of now, I can't see any strong enough reasoning to lynch him, but I definitely would like to have a closer look at him come toMorrow.

I still find Fea suspicious. And the whole seer reaction doesn't help.

Sally also remains on my suspicion list for her posts yesterDay. But she was hardly around toDay, and I'd like to hear more from her.

EDIT: X-ed a whole bunch
Old 01-24-2009, 11:43 PM   #382
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I too could pick out half of the people playing this game, say that and have a good chance of being right.
Anyone of us could. You're right about that. But that was not the point - and you know it well enough. It was a question of why people discuss certain people and "forget" some others... It's basic marxist theory as you know: people are driven to concentrate on certain things because so many others talk about them (like Britney Spears or Paris Hilton) and they think that's important while the people running the real things like those in the head of the investment-banks get passed without a notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
It's occurred to me that I want to sacrifice a fellow wolf every time I play an evil role. But there never seems to be any support from my colleagues...

++Durelin

Support my vote if you want.
I already said I was a bit reluctant to vote for Dury even if I have concerns about her but this might do it... Or are there people enough to lynch Fea?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:45 PM   #383
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Or are there people enough lynch Fea?
Revenge, darling, for last game?

I thought you were going to bed.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:46 PM   #384
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Stop this nonsense!

Fea is just like an independent candidate, too good to be voted for!

Old 01-24-2009, 11:47 PM   #385
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420! <== My lasht one. Honeshtly. (finishes it). Er, maybe *hic* not (drinks) etc.

Rune, if we openly discussed who the seer was and came to the conclusion that, say, Gil-Galad was giving off seerish vibes, do you really think the wraiths wouldn't seriously consider killing Gil the next night?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #386
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
There are a lot of things that aren't making sense in this game, and I'm not talking about Durelin.

(By the way, Mira, yes, the occupations were chosen before the roles were given that was my point. She was posting in-character and it means nothing. Heck, I think I've seen her play that same role in another game)

Fea, what does trying to trick newbies accomplish? Unless you're trying to trick someone else, in which case...

well, it's odd that Nog backed off like that.

I'm probably crossing with a whole army, I was interrupted while writing.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #387
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

So where did this "lynch Fea" thing come into play? Not that I'm defending her, it just seems to be, well, really spontanious and not right. And I can't spell.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:49 PM   #388
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
My ego is hurt!
Why did I not make "The List"?
I forgot someone? I think I'm starting to make a habit out of forgetting people.

You would've been in the "No Clue" section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
like Britney Spears or Paris Hilton
I find it scary to see those names in a WW thread.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #389
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Fea, what does trying to trick newbies accomplish? Unless you're trying to trick someone else, in which case...
Wait... did they tell you I was being a bad influence?

No, seriously, this is the first game in like three years where I've done nothing naughty and have only actually been trying to aid the ordinary villagers. Weird, right? I'm not used to it. That's probably why I'm coming off as residually evil: old habits die hard, you know?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:51 PM   #390
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Rune, if we openly discussed who the seer was and came to the conclusion that, say, Gil-Galad was giving off seerish vibes, do you really think the wraiths wouldn't seriously consider killing Gil the next night?
Alright, the confusion is probably my fault as I am actually under the influence of alcohol. . .I was out celebrating Australia day with some freinds and yes I know that Australia day is not until monday, but I am busy monday. . .

"True, it may help to protect said person,"

This was what confused me. . .how does it protect said person?

Old 01-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #391
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
it's odd that Nog backed off like that.
Backed off from what?
Old 01-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #392
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Brinniel's, Nerwen's, A Little Green's, Sally's, and Fea's votes bother me the most.

Brinniel's because she was sealing Gollum's fate, and wasn't Mac or Rikae who jointly wished to save Mac which is...okay for now...

Nerwen and Greenie's cause they started the ball rolling on Gollum as the typical day 1 lynch for the heck of it.

Sally's put Mac up there, seemingly out of sexism.

Fea's put Brinn up there, and she was looking like another easy target because of her mood.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:53 PM   #393
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I love it when we decide to randomly lynch Fea! *throws a party*

Juuuuuust kidding!

Crap, 8 minutes to deadline. Better figure out who I'm voting for. *scampers off*
Old 01-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #394
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
So where did this "lynch Fea" thing come into play? Not that I'm defending her, it just seems to be, well, really spontanious and not right.
I can't speak for others, but it shouldn't be spontaneous from me. I've been suspecting her since the beginning of the Day, and each post makes me feel worse about her. If I do vote for her, it really shouldn't come as a surprise.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #395
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Fea's put Brinn up there, and she was looking like another easy target because of her mood.
You're talking yesterday, obviously, since tonight my goal was actually to get you killed...
Old 01-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #396
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ahhhhhh, so many posts! And I'm getting tired.

In the order I happen to type them:

Mac: can't decide. Afraid to make a mistake on someone who could be very helpful. Like I said before, has answered accusations well, but I do not want to underestimate his cunning. If we were in decent places I'd believe him when he says he's not a baddie, but we're not in decent places. Don't actually want to vote for him, but I'm still more suspicious of him than of any of the others.

Nog: got attention for overreaction to random votes. And now again for comments about Durelin. But in all his posts I haven't seen something that makes him seem particularly like a wraith. Again, watching, but not wanting to act.

Rikae: have no idea what to think about her. Have some ideas as to who she might be, but in reality it could be anyone. Thinking she's innocent; certainly not taking a chance by voting.

Brinn: the only thing about her is I didn't understand why she was so surprised when Fea (and myself) commented about Rikae. Besides this incident, I'm not sure where Brinn stands. I'm going to be watching her, but she's safe for now because I don't have much to go on.

Fea: has been generally thinking the same as me, from what I can tell, so I have no reason to vote her off. People say "tricksy" but that's all so far.

Mirandir: don't know what to think of you either! Haven't garnered an opinion from reading your posts, but I will say you're not looking out of place in what is also your first game. (referring to you directly because you mentioned me in your list).

Menel: not posted much. Seems suspicious of Mac like I am, but I'm likewise suspicious of Menel, maybe from said lack of posting, though doubtless he has a good reason.

Durelin: I took the ranger comment on day one as nothing but IC. It could be a real hint, I guess, but even so I don't see the good in discussing it, because I don't think anyone but the wraiths want to know about Strider (at least, I don't know why we would, since no one can protect him?).

Rune: has seemed innocent.

Greenie: I didn't find her suspicious like others did. Paying more attention to her, but not from what I've seen myself.

Agan: same as Greenie. Posted a lot, didn't say anything particularly out of place.

Thinlomien: seems innocent enough.

Lari: not enough to go on either.

Nerwen: same.

Legate: still nothing. Could well be a very cunning wraith in hiding, but nothing to indicate such.

Sally: didn't post enough today.

Responding to Fea: I don't see "taking one for the team" as bad, or unlikely, but it might be ill-advised in most situations.

I'm finding it amusing that since the mass-nicknaming of day one, I've gone back to being called Beregond. I don't have a problem with many nicknames, really.

I've probably crossed with a few people as well. The action is furious.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:54 PM   #397
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I feel like lynching Aganzir or Durelin

Old 01-24-2009, 11:55 PM   #398
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
I love it when we decide to randomly lynch Fea! *throws a party*
WE might do it for a reason as well...
Old 01-24-2009, 11:56 PM   #399
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Nogrod! Stop it!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:56 PM   #400
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Did I mention that I really do not want Fea to die. . . . ?