The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #201
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Brinn -
I don't think what I'm advocating is the easy way out for the village (nor did I say "Frodo has to reveal on Day 1" or anything like that, for the record). I do, however, think that the fun, and challenge, of the game depends on everyone throwing all their effort into playing the role they are given as well as they can. In dueling wizards ww, everyone is a potential "Frodo". If everyone used that as a reason to play only for themselves and not for the side they found themselves on at any given time, the game would break down entirely.

Last edited by Rikae; 01-22-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: typo
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:13 PM   #202
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Well, that vote came out of nowhere. *blinks*
See my above post.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #203
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Well, there goes my trying for not a double lynch with a different vote. Mac now has 4.

So in the keeping of preventing a double lynch:

++Durelin

By the way, do we have double lynches?
She doesn't have any votes yet - eh?

Also, the one who reached the most votes first dies - no double lynches.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #204
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Well, there goes my trying for not a double lynch with a different vote. Mac now has 4.

So in the keeping of preventing a double lynch:

++Durelin

By the way, do we have double lynches?
Maybe I missed something, but what has a vote for Durelin (who had no vote before) to do with preventing a double lynch?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #205
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Mac, whatever you are, I think you deserve another day at least.
Who are you voting for?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #206
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Pretty much. To be honest it was me eeneeminymoing(wow I'm not even sure that's a real word) my suspicion list because I don't have that much to go on.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #207
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Maybe I missed something, but what has a vote for Durelin (who had no vote before) to do with preventing a double lynch?
I was going to vote Lommy into the lead.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 PM   #208
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
See my above post.

Very true. I must have skipped over that post for some reason. My apologies.

Okay, so for the record I'm okay with either a Mac lynch or a Brinn lynch, though I'd prefer Mac obviously. Lommie is the one I'd really like to see stay, as she seems pretty innocent to me. If Brinn's lynched I'm not going to complain, but since I'd like to keep her around for another Day so I can get a better feel for her I couldn't vote her in good conscience. *shrug* I dunno, it's ice cream time now. Back in a couple minutes.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-22-2009 at 11:19 PM. Reason: x'd like mad :P
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:19 PM   #209
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I was about to ask the same question actually. It seems like too much of a throwaway vote, or is it just me?

Okay, really ice cream time now, before it becomes soup time.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #210
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Greenie -> Gollum
Lommy -> Aganzir
Gollum -> Brinn
Aganzir -> Lari
Legate -> Mac
Shasta -> Lommy
Nog -> Gollum
Menel -> Mac
Rune -> Brinn
Fea -> Brinn
Mirandir -> Lommy
Beregond -> Mac
Durelin -> Lommy
Sally -> Mac
Lari -> Durelin

Mac 4, Brinn 3, Lommy 3, Gollum 2, Agan 1, Lari 1, and Durelin 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Who are you voting for?
Pretty much everybody who would save me, I guess. I really don't like the current candidates, as I think that both Brinn and Lommy are innocent. I have a bad feeling about voting Gollum and voting Aganzir or Lari doesn't seem like a very good idea either. Durelin I don't know about, but I'd rather not.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:25 PM   #211
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Adding another candidate makes no sense, so I'd say

Lari
Gollum
Aganzir
Durelin
Brinn
Lommy
Old 01-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #212
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Why the bad feeling about Gollum?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #213
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I have a gut feeling that he's suspicious and a gut feeling that he will probably turn out innocent, if that makes any sense.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #214
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I think Nerwen is still left to vote - who else?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #215
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Oh well, to whatever end:

++Lommy
Old 01-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #216
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I almost want to say Rikae.

Edit: x-posted with Rikae's vote.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #217
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
We still have some 45 minutes, right? My head's obviously not clear anymore, so I need some time to think. I'm sorry again for blowing up, I guess getting used to my horrible class schedule has made me hypersensitive. I just felt rather offended for being initially suspected due to my absence and then being told I shouldn't have signed up at all if my RL is more important. That sort of comment just makes me want to drop out because of course RL is more important than WW.

But I don't blame any of you for suspecting me for being overly-defensive; I was. I sometimes let my emotions get the better of me and I shouldn't have let them affect my gameplay, but I did.

So it seems the top candidates now are Mac, me, Gollum, and Lommy. Of those, I find Gollum the most suspicious with half of his posts being banter...but he only has two votes right now.

Who's left to vote? And most importantly, can double lynches occur?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #218
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I think it was: no double lynches, first one to reach the maximum votes dies.

I'd actually prefer to see Gollum go than Lommy, I think. I could switch my vote, if you want to lynch him.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #219
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I would really like to avoid voting Lommy.

She and I have both 4 votes, Gollum has 2. Brinn, if you want to vote for him, and Rikae would consider retracting, I would vote for him, too (even though that would mean lynching him to save myself twice in a row).

Last edited by Macalaure; 01-22-2009 at 11:33 PM. Reason: crossed with Rikae
Old 01-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #220
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I don't think what I'm advocating is the easy way out for the village (nor did I say "Frodo has to reveal on Day 1" or anything like that, for the record). I do, however, think that the fun, and challenge, of the game depends on everyone throwing all their effort into playing the role they are given as well as they can. In dueling wizards ww, everyone is a potential "Frodo". If everyone used that as a reason to play only for themselves and not for the side they found themselves on at any given time, the game would break down entirely.
I understand. I'm a team player and I always try to do what's best for my team. It's more fun to work together than alone. But I guess the struggle I'm having with Frodo is that while he's on our side now, if he gets turned he has to play for the other team and do his best to help them out. So I wonder, does Frodo prepare himself in case he gets turned so he doesn't become an easy target, or does he not worry about it until the scenario actually occurs. I would imagine that playing a loyal ordo, but being able to switch sides quickly without being spotted is the best way this role can be played. But I'm not very familiar with cursed roles, so maybe I'm completely off on this.

EDIT: Xed with Mac and Rikae

Last edited by Brinniel; 01-22-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:40 PM   #221
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
++Gollum.

Because I have no idea why Lommy has got so many votes, and Mac is seeming less suspicious than he did.

EDIT: X'd with Brinn.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #222
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Wait...we can retract? Boy, I really need to read the rules..

Yeah, I'd vote Gollum. Because Mac doesn't look particularly suspicious to me and I'm not comfortable with lynching Lommy either.

EDIT: X-ed with Nerwen
Old 01-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #223
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Wow because all this vote changing doesn't look suspicious AT ALL. Seriously, I left for what, 15 minutes and everyone loses their sense of logic.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:44 PM   #224
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

So be it, then.

++Gollum
Old 01-22-2009, 11:45 PM   #225
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
And I forgot to say that I didn't like the reasons people voted Brinn... only that last Frodo-post of hers doesn't look too good at all.

We have retractable votes, don't we?

EDIT: X'd with Brinn, Mirandir and Mac.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #226
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Wow because all this vote changing doesn't look suspicious AT ALL. Seriously, I left for what, 15 minutes and everyone loses their sense of logic.

Seconded.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #227
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

++Gollum

Because half of his posts are banter. And when he finally gets down to business, he doesn't exactly provide much in substance. Can't say I like his vote either. He was around long enough to write 30 posts...and all he can come up with is a random vote for me?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:55 PM   #228
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
And I forgot to say that I didn't like the reasons people voted Brinn... only that last Frodo-post of hers doesn't look too good at all.
Can someone explain to me why my Frodo-posts are suspicious? I'm just trying to psycho-analyse the role, that's all. But I've never taken psychology before, so maybe I should just stop.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:58 PM   #229
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Well, I, for one, have a pretty selfish reason for keeping Mac around. While he's werewolfing, I get to eat all the ice cream.
It took me forever to convince him to play another game with me, and I don't want him voted off so quick.

Besides, Gollum doesn't like rock music. That's reason enough to lynch him.

--Lommy

++Gollum

In case I don't live to see toMorrow, I'll leave you by saying I still find Nerwen and Beregond creepy.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #230
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
All bandwagons and vote changes look suspicious one form or another. But what was so logical about the voting 15 minutes ago?
Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #231
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Can someone explain to me why my Frodo-posts are suspicious? I'm just trying to psycho-analyse the role, that's all. But I've never taken psychology before, so maybe I should just stop.
Because they look like you're trying to send coded messages and/or distract people, that's why.

EDIT:x'd with Rikae and Brinn.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #232
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Well, I, for one, have a pretty selfish reason for keeping Mac around. While he's werewolfing, I get to eat all the ice cream.
Hah, that's a good enough reason for me.

Off to take my bath...
Old 01-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #233
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ding ding! Day 1 has ended. Expect Gollum's death soon.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:01 AM   #234
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
All bandwagons and vote changes look suspicious one form or another. But what was so logical about the voting 15 minutes ago?
There was at least some justification for the votes. Then everyone suddenly started changing their minds and switching votes and it all looked very bandwagonish in my opinion.
Old 01-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #235
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
“Kill Mac!” Legate cried, waving one of his herring in the air.

“No get Lommy! Wait, no kill Gollum!” Rikae cried out. “I get more ice cream if Mac lives.”

“Brinn's a monster and very cranky. Send her to the gallows.” Gollum yelled.

The villagers were really at each other's throats. Since they discovered wraiths among them the gloves had come off and no one was playing nice anymore. Though no one had ever expected to turn on their neighbors, but now it was time. Someone had to die.

Gollum, he's all talk, like he's trying to hide something.” Brinn said.

“He's an easy target.” Rune rolled his eyes.

“No, it must be Gollum!” Mac cried out.

The villagers picked up their pitchforks. Gollum backed away from the crowd. “You've all gone mad! I'm innocent!” But the mob had spoken.

The traveling weapons salesman had backed himself up against Mirandir hog pen. The villagers advanced, some wielded hammers, others pitchforks, but all were armed with rocks. No one was sure who threw the first stone, but it hit the accused between the eyes. He stumbled backwards into the hog pen.

In the excitement of the day no one had bothered to feed the poor beasts. Now it seemed as though dinner had come to them and it was still warm. In their hungry frenzy the hogs rushed for Gollum. The stone to the head had disoriented him for a second, but he didn't regain composure fast enough to move. He lay flat on his back, hogs swarming around him.

The hungry animals tore into their meal. Gollum screamed in terror and pain, still trying to get to his feet, but the hogs were overpowering him. There was no way their dinner was getting away. The villagers gathered round to see what was happening.

One of the runts of the herd had been bullied out of his spot. He hovered close to the pen's fence, a piece of Gollum's eye stick on the end of his snout. Some hogs even had bits of the victim stuck to their backs. Blood and organs were spread all across the pen. When the animals finished eating all that remained was a few scraps of flesh stuck to the bones. One eye remained in Gollum's head, it was wide in horror.

Yet nothing happened. He had been innocent.

Living
satansaloser2005
Feanor of the Peredhil
Lariren Shadow
Mirandir
Shastanis Althreduin
Thinlómien
Legate of Amon Lanc
Rikae
Aganzir
Gollum the Great
Nogrod
Beregond
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Macalaure
Meneltarmacil
Durelin
A Little Green
Brinniel

Dead
Kitanna – Made an example of Night 1 (moddess)
Gollum the Great – Eaten by hogs Day 1 (innocent)

Wraiths PM your kill, Ferny your suggestion, Butterbur your dream, Strider your protectee, and Frodo sit tight.

Night 2 has begun, villagers be quiet.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #236
Kitanna
Child of the West

Shasta went home that night feeling distraught. The day hadn't exactly gone as planned. One innocent was dead and three wraiths were still at large. Shasta decided to consult his astrology texts and maps to calm his nerves. However, upon entering his house he realized something was off.

Grabbing a broom, Shasta went to investigate the whole house. “Hello? Has someone come in?” As a con artist Shasta expected to make a certain amount of enemies in life, but even he thought his home would be safe.

From an upstairs bedroom something stirred. Broom in hand, Shasta climbed the stairs. He kicked the bedroom door open and jumped in ready to assail the enemy. Nothing. The house was old, perhaps the floor was creaking on its own. “Yes, surely that's it.” He said aloud, answering his thought. But he knew that wasn't it at all. There was a presence in the room, one he knew he was to be afraid of.

Out of the shadows a figure moved. Shasta turned ready to fight. Another crawled from under the bed. A third appeared from the closet. They said nothing, but they shrieked. It was blood curdling and terrifying and Shasta didn't even have time to add his own screams.

~*~*~

The next morning the villages assembled, minus one. Upon learning that Shasta was gone a search party went to check out his house. They found Shasta in a bedroom on the second floor of his house. It looked as though he had been practicing sword eating.

An impressive broad sword had been forced down his throat, nailing him to a rocking chair that sat in the corner. Blood stained the floors and trails of dried blood ran down the corners of his mouth. Shasta had done nothing to offend anyone and yet he had still died. Bet the stars didn't see that one coming.

Living
satansaloser2005
Feanor of the Peredhil
Lariren Shadow
Mirandir
Thinlómien
Legate of Amon Lanc
Rikae
Aganzir
Nogrod
Beregond
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Macalaure
Meneltarmacil
Durelin
A Little Green
Brinniel

Dead
Kitanna – Made an example of Night 1 (moddess)
Gollum the Great – Eaten by hogs Day 1 (innocent)
Shastanis Althreduin – Forced to swallow a sword Night 2 (innocent)

Last edited by Kitanna; 01-24-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Kitanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:09 AM   #237
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I like how Gollum is both dead and alive. Decide that Mith's idea for phantom last game was too good to not use?

Kidding, kidding. Anyway, I have a vote tally. Give me a minute.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:12 AM   #238
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Votes from Day One

Greenie-->Gollum at 3:45pm
Lommie-->Agan at 4:41pm
Gollum-->Brinn at 5:10pm
Agan-->Lari at 5:26pm
Legate-->Mac at 6:10pm
Shasta-->Lommie at 6:15pm
Noggie-->Gollum at 8:22pm
Menel-->Mac at 9:42pm
Rune-->Brinn at 10:09pm
Fea-->Brinn at 10:14pm
Mira-->Lommie at 10:40pm
Berry-->Mac at 10:52pm
Durie-->Lommie at 10:53pm
Sally-->Mac at 11:04pm
Lari-->Durie at 11:09pm
Rikae-->Lommie at 11:27pm
Nerwen-->Gollum at 11:40pm
Mac-->Gollum at 11:44pm
Brinn-->Gollum at 11:51pm
Rikae-->Gollum at 11:58pm
retraction of Rikae-->Lommie at 11:27pm

As usual, all times are GMT-6 (a deadline of 12am). Innocents are italicized, known baddies are underlined.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 AM   #239
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Poor Gollum...Being eaten alive by hogs can't be a pleasant way to go.

Not that having a sword shoved down your throat is much better.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:59 AM   #240
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
I like how Gollum is both dead and alive.
He is? What do you mean?