The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2009, 12:36 AM   #361
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Izzy went out to her lead early, so it's not as if her voters were reacting to anything (a threat to one of their pack-mates). The only person who ended up being threatened with the noose was Nog, and we know that he wasn't a WereWolf, so there was no compelling reason to vote Izzy over him. You certainly can't say it was because the Wolfpack suspected her of being Gifted, otherwise they would've eaten her last Night.

It may seem like it can't possibly be a coincidence, but I'm not seeing a reason why it shouldn't be one.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:37 AM   #362
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Also, I hope Eonwe and Durelin are both back and in working order! We can't give silent players a free pass forever, even though they're having RL troubles.

I really can't wait till we've got a flood of more opinions out here. Recent events should result in a flowering of ideas, which I hope can be translated into evidence.

I really want to hear more from Fea, because I'm concerned about her actions yesterDay.

Hansy's reactions, given that he voted Nog first when Nog was nowhere in the running for a lynch, should be interesting.

Come to think of it, that whole Nog-in-second-place seemed to me, at least, to spring from nowhere! phantom voting him on a lark I can see, but it still don't look good.

Oh, and phantom, you're still alive. I'm starting to get worried.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:44 AM   #363
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Good thoughts, Sally. Similar to some of the stuff than went through my head. Indeed, Izzy and Brin are the prime candidates in such a case. Oh, and maybe one other person. Can't think of the name... *snicker*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnem
Oh, and phantom, you're still alive. I'm starting to get worried.
Given the situation here you ought to be.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:49 AM   #364
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Interestink thoughts, Sally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Izzy went out to her lead early, so it's not as if her voters were reacting to anything (a threat to one of their pack-mates). The only person who ended up being threatened with the noose was Nog, and we know that he wasn't a WereWolf, so there was no compelling reason to vote Izzy over him. You certainly can't say it was because the Wolfpack suspected her of being Gifted, otherwise they would've eaten her last Night.
There are other reasons I can think of, and if I've learned one thing in this game it's that things are going on behind our back that we can't explain. Indeed, the non-reactionary nature of the Izzy votes was one of the things that raised the hairs on my neck. I can't say that all the votes were arrived at independently, since no player is an Island, but the reasoning behind them appeared independent (two process of elimination, which can easily be manipulated). I didn't suspect any of the voters (and continued not to suspect Nog) until I realized that they had all voted the same way without appearing to be bandwaggoners (which takes talent!).

Then again, I'm rather grasping at straws here. Anything which looks off is grounds for concern, regardless of the feelings I get about players, because I don't get any feelings about them other than "innocent" or "unknown," generally. It may not have been a Vast Wolvish Conspiracy, but that doesn't mean no one was involved.

Of course, Sally's vote looks odd, explanation or no.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 AM   #365
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Given the situation here you ought to be.
And that sounds like something a Wolf!phantom would say. Ai!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 AM   #366
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Anyway, I have really really got to nap a bit. I'm supposed to be waking up in less than four hours. (Third time in a row I'll be getting four hours or less. )

I'll look in briefly upon waking, and then I'll be around for the majority of the second half of the day.

EDIT: x-post Mnem, Lari
Quote:
And that sounds like something a Wolf!phantom would say. Ai!
So you disagree? Think we shouldn't be worried at this stage, with every last Black piece still alive and only two White Royals left? A little fear is healthy, lassie. Motivation.

But now I must leave.

*zzzzzz*

Last edited by the phantom; 02-25-2009 at 12:55 AM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:54 AM   #367
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Or should I don a white straitjacket and take Hunter to the happy home to post for the rest of the Day?
Sweetheart, Nerwen's dead.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:55 AM   #368
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Good thoughts, Sally. Similar to some of the stuff than went through my head. Indeed, Izzy and Brin are the prime candidates in such a case. Oh, and maybe one other person. Can't think of the name... *snicker*
Great minds....great minds....Now I just need another great mind to accompany my own. Any takers?

Hmmmm I'm gonna look at the voting records again and see what I can find. Brinn just jumped out at me because she's been alarming me for a bit and your suggestion made enormous amounts of sense. Wow. Who'd have thunk it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemosyne View Post
Of course, Sally's vote looks odd, explanation or no.
Well, quite frankly, I knew he was innocent. Now by 'know' I don't mean I knew with 100% certainty, because only the bishop(s) and the mod can know that and I am none of the above. I only mean that I had a heavy suspicion that he was innocent, and even an inkling that he could be gifted, though I obviously didn't want to say that and get him Night killed. So yesterDay, like the Day before, I made the best choice I could under the circumstances, the more valuable of two innocents rather than the lesser of two evils if you will.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:58 AM   #369
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:

Also, Izzy, how does it feel to be alive?
I'm quite confused to say the least. Yet I am not about to look a gift horse in the mouth (too much.)
When I saw the scene, I was quite speechless after exclaiming a phrase; which I can't repeat the entirety of here.

My thought, is if the WQ were responsible for it - wouldn't Shasta of attributed xer for it; rather than Sauron?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #370
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Never said she wasn't, love. What's your point?

Heh, yeah Izzy, I had the same reaction. To be honest, I'm really upset that Noggie got lynched instead of you, but happy you're still alive. Does that make sense?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:01 AM   #371
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
My thought, is if the WQ were responsible for it - wouldn't Shasta of attributed xer for it; rather than Sauron?
Depends; there's already been some discussion on that above.

But I don't think we can look into the narrations for clues other than who got which Night kill. After all, the death that was saved was (almost) caused by the two Wizards actually colliding with one another.

But unless there's some rule which we haven't been told of (which is entirely likely, praise our Mod with great praise) the unexplainable death must have had something to do with the unknown role.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:05 AM   #372
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My last post was crossposted with #368 and #367. But it wouldn't let me save it after editing it in.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #373
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Never said she wasn't, love. What's your point?
Nothing; just a bit of punnery. Under different circumstances that would've looked like a veiled reveal.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:21 AM   #374
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Nothing; just a bit of punnery. Under different circumstances that would've looked like a veiled reveal.
Pfffft. Do you really think I'd be that obvious?
Old 02-25-2009, 01:23 AM   #375
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ai! I am stricken with the force of Peter Jackson's Subtlety Mace (tm)!
Old 02-25-2009, 01:24 AM   #376
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Ai! I am stricken with the force of Peter Jackson's Subtlety Mace (tm)!
Quick! To the duck hospital! Fear not, fair village, for I shall return!

EDIT: Nom nom. Duck soup. Tasty and delicious, precious.

EDIT again: Fear, not fair. Wow, I'm a special girl. Heh.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-25-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:27 AM   #377
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A voice from beyond the abyss...

"Fair not"? And I was so looking forward to the annual Were-Fair...

In other news, your Almighty Mod-Lord of Doom and Pointless but Fun Exposition is quite pleased with this game so far. You game pieces are doing quite well. To reward you, I'm going to let you vote among yourselves to decide who shall get a cameo-parody in the next lynch plot! No, you can't vote yourself. Color your plot-cameo votes in highlight, please.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:28 AM   #378
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Indeed, if the one with the most individuals voting for him does not die, it is fair... NOT.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #379
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oooo fun!

++ Mistress Mith
Old 02-25-2009, 01:30 AM   #380
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

To the lists!

Some people may appear on multiple lists, some may appear on none.

Werecreatures
Brinn
Fea
Hansy
Durie (just a hunch, though I know she's been gone so I won't lynch her now)

Spefically the Black Queen
Brinn
Hansy

Hiding in the dark corners (could go either way)
Mnemo
Kath

Probably innocent, at least for now
Izzy
Rikae (What? Inconceivable!)
Phantom
Steve (pity the sick man if nothing else)

Definitely innocent in my book
Sally
Shasta
Mith
Legate
Nilp
Lommie
Agan
Greenie

I also have some more solid theories about the White Queen, but I don't care to endanger Her Majesty, so I'll keep them to myself until I believe the time is right. Until then I'm on the straight and narrow, off to analyze someone. You'll find out who when my post pops up.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:47 AM   #381
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
I also have some more solid theories about the White Queen, but I don't care to endanger Her Majesty, so I'll keep them to myself until I believe the time is right.
Good; I was getting a bit concerned with that conversation you were having with phantom there, which stimulated my juices and therefore may have stimulated quite a few others' as well (though those who really have a stake in the matter would have done all of their theorizing last Night). Indeed I think all of us are teeming with theories at the moment. Question is, have the baddies thought of ours so much that we're open to discuss them? And would it do more good or harm?

I'm torn. On the one hand I want people to analyze so I can analyze their analysis. On the other hand I'm afraid this is going to keep us from our actual job, if not help the wolfiekinses (in case they're not all Gifted by Divine Grace with Brilliance and Intellectual Superiority like phantom).

Remember, peeps, they're just theories. There are many of them, and the truth could be one, a combination, or something different entirely.

In case people are wondering (pointing out the obvious yey!), the Good:Evil ratio now stands as 8:5.

...Maybe now would be a good time for the Black Queen to start going after R,B,K, given that an innocent lynch would put the ratio at 7:5.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:52 AM   #382
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Blast from the Past

All the way back from Day 1...

Quote:
My take on the Bear killing the Wolves- I would definitely try and kill Wolves once a certain point in the game had been reached. What point, you ask?

Well, if we're on Night 4 and no Wolves have died, I would say it's time to thin them a bit. But the Bear wouldn't want to attack them sooner as it might cause them to be wiped out too early, and he would lose their nightly kill.
Interesting.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:59 AM   #383
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
But if the not-dead person was indeed a Black Knight save, that implies that whoever it was was evil. And since the Knight can't protect two days in a row...

Of course, that's too much for an innocent to hope for. I think it's still in the Queen's interest to keep those wolves around for a little while longer.
Actually I can't see why the Queen wouldn't want to kill a wolf if she has the opportunity. While it may help to have them around in numbers, they're still not on the same team and at some point the wolves will want the kill the BQ...and it could be especially bad if the BB dreams of her. If she has a window of opportunity to eliminate one of them, why not take it? For one thing, it's a guaranteed kill. The only reason I can see why she wouldn't is if she suspects the save was the BR and feared that he may hunt her. I think I would almost rather leave the BQ alone just for toDay if there's any possibility that she might kill a wolf.

Then again, I don't know if we can be sure she targeted a wolf. Would it be possible that the wolves chose to protect someone else if they suspected/knew that they were the Black Pawn? Of course, if the Black Queen eliminated the BP instead it wouldn't be so bad either...but then again, that could be another reason for her not to kill her original target since the BP should be on her side..

Quote:
I'm again concerned by Brinn and Phantom's votes. Now I realize Phantom was being silly (and he did explain himself toDay) but that's two Days in a row in which Brinn has influenced the....oh my giddy aunt. Phantom may be right. And if anyone makes sense for the double vote power, it's her.
Or phantom, since he has voted no differently than me.

Quote:
Day One it was a tie between Gwath and Fea. Brinn put in her vote for Gwath at the last minute, and Gwath was the unfortunate loser of the tie. (What if it really wasn't a tie?)
I doubt that. Mods will sometimes give subtle hints or even slightly mislead the village, but I've never heard of a mod that would outright lie to us. Which is exactly what he would've had to do for that scenario to work out.

Since Shasta's around, perhaps he can tell us. Was the Day 1 lynch really a tie? Or is the actual vote count to remain a secret?

Anyway, we can't really know what the WQ's power is for sure...it's all just speculation. One possibility that came to mind is perhaps the White Queen has the power to save a lynch candidate she thinks is innocent. Kind of like a ranger, but during the Day. But then, why wouldn't there just be no lynch instead?

Quote:
Brinn just jumped out at me because she's been alarming me for a bit and your suggestion made enormous amounts of sense.
Just wondering, how does alarming* equal White Queen? I thought the WQ was on the village's side. Is there a reason think otherwise?

*By alarming, I'm assuming you mean suspicious.

Quote:
I think Sally was talking about her computer. Yes, apparently she has a name for her computer. Though strange that of all names, it is called Hunter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
An interesting thought. Though, what does that imply? That Sauron is not only controlling the game but is in it as well? Bah, at this point I'm feeling like anything is possible...
Old 02-25-2009, 02:06 AM   #384
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

True, Brinn, Phantom's voted the same way you have, but I think it would be pretty silly for him to bring up the true nature of his role so flippantly. I mean, it's Phantom, but still....

Shasta's actually gone to bed for the night. I'm not saying he'd lie to us so much as withhold information. Completely different barrel of red herring.

Well, I certainly named my computer before the game started so yeah. Draw from it what conclusiong you may; I'm going to try to catch the baddies if you don't mind.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:12 AM   #385
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I've got all of Willa's posts cued up and will run through them at some point, but I'm kind of considering going to bed, or at least getting off the board for the night. I'll make sure to get to my analysis as soon as I can though. (Hopefully I'll be around during my rubbish seminar class tomorrow if I can manage to get a spot where the professor won't see me, because distraction is the only thing keeping me sane hehe.)
Old 02-25-2009, 02:15 AM   #386
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Then again, I don't know if we can be sure she targeted a wolf. Would it be possible that the wolves chose to protect someone else if they suspected/knew that they were the Black Pawn? Of course, if the Black Queen eliminated the BP instead it wouldn't be so bad either...but then again, that could be another reason for her not to kill her original target since the BP should be on her side.
Touche, and a good thing to keep in mind. All we know is that the Queen did not get a kill last night.
Old 02-25-2009, 03:23 AM   #387
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
True, Brinn, Phantom's voted the same way you have, but I think it would be pretty silly for him to bring up the true nature of his role so flippantly. I mean, it's Phantom, but still....
Actually that's exactly something I'd imagine phantom doing...because I know how much he loves to bluff and come up with all sorts of ploys. Yes he is the phantom, which is why we should be ready to expect anything from him.

Quote:
I'm not saying he'd lie to us so much as withhold information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta on Day 1
Fea and Gwath to be put up for lynching, chosen by randomizer.
He said the lynch was chosen by randomizer. If the lynch was already predetermined by the WQ, then it wouldn't be randomized. Unless he was being dishonest, which I suppose is entirely possible, though I cannot see why a mod would intentionally mislead a village like that. Being lied to about the results of a lynching seems rather unsporty to me.

Okay, I seriously must get to bed now. I can hardly keep my eyes open...
Old 02-25-2009, 03:32 AM   #388
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

For Brinn, regarding Shasta.

Crap, you're right. Sorry, I missed that bit when I was reading before. Thanks for correcting me.

And on that note I need to get to bed too. I was just checking in quick before I toddled off, so I'll see you fine people later. Leave me lots of posts to look at!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:39 AM   #389
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A voice from beyond the abyss...

Checking in. Can't sleep. I can tell you all that the Day 1 lynch was indeed randomized. I went to random.org and asked for a random number out of 100. Gwath was odd numbers, Fea was even numbers. The random number generator tossed out #39, which is odd, so Gwath was executed.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:00 AM   #390
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Ok, just woke up here , bear with me - but why on earth is everyone suddenly treating Izzy as if she is some sort of known innocent? We don't even know why she wasn't lynched, and the person lynched in her stead was the ranger, and yet you all assume she's good? Did I miss something?

Well, assuming no one will want to lynch Izzy with her halo of nearly-lynched immunity or whatever it is, I suppose I'll analyze some others - Kath, perhaps, or Brinn, or Lari - some I haven't really gotten much of a read on yet. However, I'll be seriously busy toDay, so I may not get around to it. Schoolwork calls...

There are fewer ordos than special roles now, for what it's worth. It amuses me.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:56 AM   #391
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
And you know Shasta has got to be entertained thus far. I mean just think of all the Werewolfing stars there are here. There's Fea, me... um, Fea, and.... me. And Fea of course. A regular VIP show right there, wouldn't you say, m'dear?
You trouble maker.

Okay, so...

Nogrod!?

Why does everybody always kill Nogrod?

This is a legitimate question: why does Nog always die via a bandwagon that I'm not part of shortly after he and I have a spat and I say that, regardless of the spat, I think he's innocent? No wonder he thinks I'm capable of staging hyper-dramatic coups, given the frequency with which this situation occurs.

*is sleepy and hungry*

The Night kill...

So we know that the wolves and the BQ get to kill at Night. We know nothing about the WQ (who, for all we know, is Shasta dressed in drag, doing the hula).

The options, as I can see them, are:

1) The BQ's kill was stopped by the Black Ranger (suggesting that the kill choice was Black)

2) The BQ's kill choice was stopped by the WQ (suggesting that the WQ has saving powers)

2a) The BQ tried to kill the WQ and it didn't work

3) The BQ didn't send in xer kill on time (which seems unlikely)

In the instance of #1, the BQ would be free to kill xer choice of last Night tomorrow, because the Black Ranger can't protect twice in a row. This would imply that the BQ wants to pick off the wolves, which makes total sense to me: it's easy for a person who is on xer own team to hide out during the Day, but how long can xe survive with another team killing at Night as well, plus two Seers, plus a WQ with unknown powers? Besides, the BQ, as far as I'm aware, in the instance that it's just xer and the wolves left, doesn't win even though the village is gone. So if the wolves massacre the village? The BQ goes down too. Also, you only need one wolf to make a wolf kill at Night. Why would the BQ risk so much by not trying to kill one or two if the opportunity arises?

In the instance of #2, we (and presumably the BQ) don't know the nature of the WQ's power, so it's possible that the BQ could stubbornly keep trying to kill whomever xe tried to kill last Night, and could keep failing. This holds true for 2a as well: it's possible that the WQ can't die at the hands of the BQ, but since we don't know, I'm making this up as I go.

In the event of option three, it would be a pointless waste of typing skills for Shasta to have said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Then, by clumsiness, one of the two wizards bumped the board. One of the pieces rocked for a moment, and seemed about to fall, but another piece moved at the last second. The falling piece clacked hard against the other piece and reversed its momentum, coming to a rocking halt back firmly on the board.
So, by clumsiness... And one of the two wizards. It's not a wizards game, so are Gandalf and Sauron metaphors for actual players? Should we be thinking of the B&W Queens as ringleaders? Or worse, are there Kings? Except that skews our numbers, and I feel like Shasta would have warned us. So I'm kind of assuming (plus he suggested as much) that this is just creative narration.

However a piece nearly fell off the board, that much he says, but was saved by the move of another piece. Shasta doesn't say which pieces, but unless the White Queen is killing people at Night, I'm going to assume (I think this is a fair assumption) that the BQ had a Ranger of some variety get in the way of last Night's work.

Sorry if I'm not being crisp and organized; I'm trying to be thorough, but I need breakfast and I don't know when it's going to happen. About half the players could tell you that I'm Incredible Hulk-ish when I'm hungry. "You wouldn't like me when I'm... hungry. Laura hungry. Laura smash."

Anyway, to summarize: the BQ seems to have attempted, and the most likely occurence, based on the mod's narration, is that the kill choice was protected.

Which means that the BQ stumbled upon - or strided confidently into - something.

Which gives me something new to think about: how does the BQ choose xer kills? I hate having roles that are hard to trace. You can find a seer, and you can say confidently, "this person isn't this role" about ones with specific constraints, but I loathe not knowing the level of vulnerability of bad guys, and the details of the good guys. I know the WQ is on our side, or she wouldn't be labeled WQ, but what if she's kind of like the BQ in that she's definitely opposed to the contrasting side, but isn't necessarily on the side of the rest of the Whites? What if there are two werebear-type characters in play, both of whom are attempting to be the last player standing?

*grumble*

Sorry, that was my belly. A banana and coffee aren't good enough to make me functional. I'm going to search through Day One posts for something I shouldn't talk about. I'll let you know if I find anything worth mentioning.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #392
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Just checking in really quickly, will be back with much more in a few hours.

Here are my lists as they stand now:

Thinking guilty:
Mnemo
Sally because of below post
Quote:
Well, quite frankly, I knew he was innocent. Now by 'know' I don't mean I knew with 100% certainty, because only the bishop(s) and the mod can know that and I am none of the above. I only mean that I had a heavy suspicion that he was innocent, and even an inkling that he could be gifted, though I obviously didn't want to say that and get him Night killed. So yesterDay, like the Day before, I made the best choice I could under the circumstances, the more valuable of two innocents rather than the lesser of two evils if you will.
So for pretty much the same reason I found Mnemo suspicious yesterday, people who say they "knew" someone was innocent, that bugs me.
Also, Eonwe from his posts from Day 1

Not really liking but probably won't vote for unless they say something later I don't like:
Durelin
Lariren
Hansy

Not sure of:
Fea and phantom, these two are so frustrating
Kath, posted more yesterday but not enough for me to get a read, will have more later

Pretty confident about:
Izzy
Brinn
Rikae

Like I said, back after a few hours of studying with more.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #393
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Now I realize Phantom was being silly (and he did explain himself toDay) but that's two Days in a row in which Brinn has influenced the....oh my giddy aunt. Phantom may be right. And if anyone makes sense for the double vote power, it's her.
If you think Brinniel is the WQ, which is what I surmise from your post, why are you talking about it openly?

Quote:
Either that or it was a veiled reveal. *mutters darkly*

Would anybody at all be surprised if Sally wasn't being wholly innocent in her flippant remarks?

---

Oh yeah-

Shasta:

++MITH

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
I think Sally was talking about her computer. Yes, apparently she has a name for her computer. Though strange that of all names, it is called Hunter...
Precisely. My computer is named Joe, and who would normally care? But if I was playing in a werewolf game where there was a role called 'Joe,' I wouldn't run around shouting about Joe unless I wanted people to notice and think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
why on earth is everyone suddenly treating Izzy as if she is some sort of known innocent?
I'm not. I landed on her through process of elimination, fair and square, and nothing has happened since I voted for her to make me think she's squeaky clean. So while I'm perfectly willing to change my vote if I run into a better one, she's still fair game. I think it's downright strange how she escaped the noose.

*watches people in the library boredly*
Old 02-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #394
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Upon reflection, my last post seems more grouchy than usual. I apologize for its tone, and beg understanding of my idiot body's inability to function without real food at frequent intervals. I shouldn't post at all until after balanced meals.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #395
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Okay, here is what I was typing up yesterDay to post when my *insert expletives here* internet died on me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
So, here are some random suspicion lists I came up with while showering:

Possible Baddies:
Lariren - Seems generally defensive
the phantom - I think he's being subtly bold. Kath said "he's too laid back, too not involved to be something important" and that's basically why I suspect him a bit. I think the manipulating will come when it needs to, and otherwise he's playing it cool. But what does that mean? Not sure.
Izzy -
Mnemosyne - She seems like the perfect grizzly. I have no idea why.

In the middle leaning towards baddie:
Brinniel
Eonwe
Mirandir

Probable Innocents:
Fea - I think.
Kath - She is the same Kath as always, whether good or bad, except a little flippant, so I think she's good.
Nogrod - As Fea described him as "obsessive," I think he's innocent. I think he plays it more smoothly and less on emotion when bad. Though actually I think he would be a good cobbler candidate.

Have no idea:
Sally
wilwa
Hansy
So yeah. I echo Fea. Nogrod?! And phantom, I have never seen more of a BS explanation for a vote.

Remember how I said the manipulating would come? Well look what happened yesterDay!

++the phantom

Even if I'm wrong, and he's not a werecreature, he deserves it for all this saving people nonsense.

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Sally go at this point, either, but I like her more. And (fiiine, I'll give a legitimate reason here) I feel more certain at this point about phantom.

I have to go to class soon so I will explain/argue more my points about phantom later, promise. Hopefully not too much later.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:24 PM   #396
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sally is acting really weird (just went over toDay's posts more), but I am always more inclined to lean towards the sneakier seeming person (and I mean, it's Sally...acting weird....). I think she can keep it cool when she wants to, regardless of how boundless her insanity is.

Brinniel I have no idea.

And I don't want to focus just on them, because that's stupid.

I'm mostly going to focus on phantom. I can only hope he doesn't enjoy it too much.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:28 PM   #397
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Sally is acting really weird (just went over toDay's posts more), but I am always more inclined to lean towards the sneakier seeming person (and I mean, it's Sally...acting weird....). I think she can keep it cool when she wants to, regardless of how boundless her insanity is.

Brinniel I have no idea.

And I don't want to focus just on them, because that's stupid.

I'm mostly going to focus on phantom. I can only hope he doesn't enjoy it too much.
Aw shanks, love. I'm glad you're aware of my weirdness which, I assure you, is for a darn good reason. Well, a darn good reason if you're a villager, that is. If you're a wolfie you may not appreciate it, but I'm not all that much of a people pleaser if you haven't noticed.

And you know he'll enjoy it.

I've got an hour and a half before I'm to see a man about a duck....erm, I mean a duck about lunch. *shifty eyes* I'll get to my Willa analysis now, although I'll probably have a look at Durie too just to see what I find. Not sure which I'll get done first, so if it ends up being Durie don't be too surprised. Back soon I hope!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #398
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh. I forgot there was a cobbler in this game.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:49 PM   #399
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Oh, hey. So Sally's the Black Rook and was attacked by the Werebear last night and was protected by phantom the Black Knight (*points to arrow icon*)? Cause then she's a goner soon anyway.

Or she's the cobbler.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:50 PM   #400
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
Oh. I forgot there was a cobbler in this game.
Non-sequitor much? Or are you saying that someone in particular is the cobbler? I'm just a tad confused.

Anyway, currently working on my analyses, promise, so I'll be back soon, but I decided to refresh the thread real quick and wanted to know what Durie was talking about.

EDIT: x'd with Durie. Honey you couldn't be more wrong. Stop being such a pessimist and think on the bright side. Both Phantom and I are still here.