The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2009, 11:41 PM   #321
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Everything's based on toDay's posts, since I really don't have time to go through yesterDay's as well.

the phantom - Said it before and I'll say it again - not voting him or Fea this early in the game. ToMorrow however, fair game.

Wilwa - Didn't see much of him toDay, but what there was wasn't suspicious.

Lari - Defends her vote and makes vote analysis, but nothing suspicious looking.

Fea - see the phantom. Also paraphrases things that some of us are too lazy to read all the way through ourselves.

Izzy - Lots of analysis; if we were playing the "analysis = evil" game she'd be up there.

Rikae - Vote analysis of last night, looked at Izzy and found her guilty. Could be a wolf throwing another wolf under the bus to cast suspicion off herself.

Kath - Need to hear more from. Her few analyses were pretty epic though.

Hansy - Same feelings as yesterDay, but don't have much more to go on toDay

Sally - Not much from her toDay (I think) but what there was didn't strike me as

Nog - Oodles and oodles of analysis, but that's pretty normal for him.

Mnem - Same as Izzy

Durelin - Need to hear more from.

Brinn - Wasn't around much toDay.

Steve - Was sick and thus won't hold not being around against him.

SO. Based on the "analysis = evil" game [b]Nog, Izzy[b], and Mnem are at the top of the list. And as much as I hate playing that game, chances are I'll end up voting for one of them for lack of better candidates.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #322
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay, I'm back now.

Does anyone have a vote tally?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:49 PM   #323
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Mnemosyne Send a message via Yahoo to Mnemosyne
Don't worry, Brinn; a number of them are chatty or in response to specific points. About 5 different posts probably contain the same amount of content as another player's "list."

Looking over the Izzy voters so far, this is more than mildly frustrating! The person whose reasons are least thought out (i.e., process of elimination) is Fea, which would be horribly suspicious in anyone else! I am not assured of her innocence as I was yesterDay, but I still don't know if that's enough to vote for her--especially since a certain number of players still find her Dead Guilty, which for me has always been a sign of her innocence. ...Although, now that I think about it, has anyone really kept up on her case but Nog?

Grah, all these powerplayers! Fea, you're off the hook for tonight, but if everyone suddenly finds you as pure and innocent as the wind-driven snow (except for Nog, who can be remarkably thick once he sets his mind on one idea) I may end up voting for you.

Nog's vote I've discussed before, and Rikae was the one who got the ball rolling, which may or may not mean anything.

Which leaves me to Kath, who is one of those players whom no one can ever really lay a finger on (as to innocence or guilt). Her first post she finds Izzy to be quite normal, and then the second time around changes her mind. Using, much like the now-suspicious-Fea, the process of elimination, she comes to the same conclusion as two others before her and one after! What is going on here?

I'm planning on voting Kath now.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:50 PM   #324
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Wilwa ++Mnem
Nog ++Izzy
Kath ++Izzy (2)
Hansy ++Nog
Rikae ++Izzy (3)
Fea ++Izzy (4)
Lari ++Hansy
Old 02-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #325
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
That Darn Cat

All quotes by Hansy. Oh, and I speak of the chess pieces by their piece gender; whether I refer to them as male or female holds no hint as to who I think is in that particular role. Also, I'm talking about the Black Queen whenever I mention the Queen unless otherwise stated. Thanks for tuning in.

ETA: You're welcome to skip this post until later, as I know it's really close to the deadline. Again, apologies.

Quote:
Erm. Hello. Nice to know you all, besides those I knew already. [Sally doesn't know me. But I know her... well, her name.]
I'm taking hours writing this post. This is so wrong.
Yes. Because that's not at all awkward. Heh. Moving on....

Quote:
*deep breath*

I can start by introducing myself. You can call me Hansy... it's not that long so it doesn't need to be shortened. Reminds me of what you did to poor Beregond last game. I read the books some time ago. They were fun, but too long to be true. So I don't remember most of it. I liked Aragorn and Legolas (yay I'm so creative!). And I like kittens. You probably figured that out after seeing my avatar.

About the werewolf... well, this is quite a different experience. I took my time reading the previous game... [I skipped Sally's spam show] and I would always agree with Legate. The guy that apparently was wrong all the time. But I liked his reasoning. I hope you'll forgive me, but I don't think I'll bold names... unless I start writing bigger-than-huge posts and it gets really hard to read. Which I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

Now let's talk about roles. Hi Nerwen.

[Random Comment 3: Well, at least this time people aren't roleplaying. I just can't do that.]
[Random Comment 4: The icons below the textbox strangely remind me of Zelda.]
Where are random comments one and two? Sorry, I'm weird like that. Okay, so he tells us a bit about himself, comments on the last game (of which he missed all the important posts, I'd like to point out *sulks* so yeah....kill him just for that hehe) and otherwise nothing really of consequence.

Quote:
Oh, and there's more. They have a Ranger, so there's always one element on the team immune to the Black Queen attacks. The Black Bishop can dream of her, leave some clues and basically blackmail them into helping the team's job. If by any chance they're attacked by the Queen, she is as good as dead, and they can just attack her back - and if she happens to kill the Hunter, he will probably be hunting her, and kill her.

Now, one question for the host. If the Black Bishop dreams of the Black Pawn, will it turn like a Black Pawn? Or instead, like a White Pawn?
Talking about the giftedness of the evil team. Just rule clarification, not much to comment on other than he seems to want us paranoid about how screwed we are as a village. Then again, others (myself included, in a way) did the same thing, so I'd hardly lynch him based on that.

Quote:
I would say the Black Queen HAS to kill the Black Bishop, for her own safety. Her life is doomed from the point the Black Bishop finds her - if he does, sooner or later, the Werebear will die. The White Bishop provides the same danger, in a different way - if they are revealed, and reveal the Black Queen at some point, she can be used as a "hired gun" for the innocents - actually, I just thought it can't happen, because if we tell the Queen who she kills, the Black Knight can just protect their target. Unless they're already dead.
Why would the Queen listen to us anyway? This form of logic makes no sense, regardless of the Black Knight's Night picks. And from here it just gets weirder.

Quote:
Of course it's not good for her, but if she's given the choice between being executed and helping the innocents, what would she go for?
Neither, because she knows as soon as we were done with her we'd kill her. And she would know it, so why not take some innocents down and at least try to assure some form of baddies the win, as opposed to being the village's willing slave until she outlives her usefulness and is slaughtered? I'm just sayin'.

Quote:
They're a different evil than the three gifteds; either way, they have no choice, really. They can rebel against the innocents, trying to help the "wolf" team - but a win for the wolves is not a win for the werebear.

And I thought PM conversation was banned here... but then what stops the Black Bishop (or a teammate) from PMing their findings and misleading them?
True, but if it was me I'd at least want my 'side' to win. Kind of like when (and no, I'm sincerely not bitter, it's just a good example....sort of) I was cobbler for a wolf team involving Boro and they killed me at Night. Or....even better, Agan in the last game, once turned, became a wraith and was a baddie. I'm not explaining this very well, for which I apologize, but basically while they're two different teams I would think that the Queen would still want the innocents to lose, even if she could not triumph.

It is banned, except when expressly permitted by the mod. What stops people from PMing? Honor and decency, my darling. We're all fair players here, even if we like to screw with each others' heads a bit.

Quote:
It would work if they want to try second place instead of third, if they care. And if numbers are tight enough, they actually might get a shot at winning... but we don't want that so in that case there was no possible deal.
I think it was Rikae who responded to this and rightly said, "There is no second place in Werewolf." See what I said above. Besides, once the Queen's outted she's done. Either the wolf team will kill her or we (the innocents) will.

Quote:
Yeah, the wolves can PM each other, but in a game like this I don't think it would be fair for the Black Bishop to let the White Bishop PM the other innocent roles, as it's cutting them out on a possible strategy of pretending to be the White Bishop - and that actually applies to other games, just like in last one... now I'm thinking of what chaos would happen if the Cobbler decided to PM guess the Ranger or something
Now he's just trying to lead the discussion to role speculation and away from actually catching a baddie toDay. This is something that really bothered me, as he continues to hammer his points home even after they're proven unrelated to the game play.

Quote:
I meant that they could talk to the ranger saying they were the seer. Ignore the fact that it would require massive amounts of skill/luck to ever work, it was a really random thought, but my point is that if you're allowing the gifteds and only the gifteds to PM each other (again, besides wolf team), they're proving their roles to each other, and that kind of goes against the spirit of the game... "informed minority against uninformed majority", if the gifteds know each other for sure, they are just like a wolf team, with the advantage of having lots of plain innocents on their side, and the disadvantage of not having a night kill.
Hmmmmm. Interesting point, but if I'm correct the gifteds can only PM each other if the seer dreams the ranger, etc. Other than that they're basic gifteds.

Quote:
Nemo [?!], you aren't new here, are you?
See, if you'd watched the Sally Spam Show you'd have seen some of her lovely work. Shame on you, you duck hater.

Quote:
The wolves have their nightkill too. it's a risky move, but the reward would be huge: controlling two kills a night, making sure their players aren't going to be incriminated. Or even better, making the Black Queen look bad, so that the innocents focus their attention on her.

@Nogrod: I don't plan to do such thing if I ever get a cobbler role, don't worry. just brainstorming here.
He's back to saying how the baddies should probably be playing. Again, worriesome, though time seems to be running short so I best get a move on.

Quote:
Just pointing out that I'm a boy.
Good to know, love.

Quote:
Yes. (But I want my newbie status nonetheless) It is way too different from the way it is played here, though. It relies heavily on roles; I can't remember the last time I played with plain innocents/ordos before this game, for example, and there are second places (answering to Rikae, which I believe I missed before). You play almost like Mafia - and the way everyone's active, and analyse each other's posts to find which people are lying, it's an interesting approach that I wanted to experiment. I was trying to do my part on creating useful discussion - I didn't want to be misinterpeted as the cobbler or wild theorizer or whatever.
"I know I look bad, but I'm cute and new and cuddly, so you can't kill me." Bwah!?!??!?!?

Quote:
(Though at this point, I should be pretending I am the cobbler. It would certainly be more fun but not helpful, yeah.)
Again, bwah?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!? You don't pretend to be the cobbler, dude. That gets you killed, first of all, and if you're pretending to be cobbler you may as well have the role. (Yeah, I know, I've done it once or twice, but that's because I'm not the juiciest apple in the basket, so it was uninentional. This is different.)

Quote:
Now I realized I should've done the analysis bit earlier; because it's almost 4am here, and my brain is certainly not functioning how it should. So, as voting is mandatory, I'll just flat out avoid having anything to do with it.

++Fea

"Revenge vote", I don't think you'll execute a veteran today anyway; here's the promise to check on Day 1 happenings tomorrow, the first thing I'll do is to re-read stuff and write my first of those oh-so-famous lists.
At least he has the....erm, the masculinity, I suppose, is the polite way to say it....to say that he's revenge voting. But that doesn't really make it any better.

Quote:
Okay, after reading Day 1 up to my last post, I think that, had I done it earlier, I would've probably voted for Sally. She's done basically the same as last game - besides that, instead of disappearing after the banter, she vaguely comments stuff that has been discussed already - thus adding nothing useful, maybe trying to look good. That's mostly post #73.

I think Nogrod is evil. I don't quite know why I feel that way; I'll look him again, trying to find it out.

The Fea/Nogrod case; she was seeing clues in her own post before Nogrod had said anything (excluding his pretty Alice quote - could that be taken as a hint itself? I have no idea). So, she was at least prone to think there was something hidden, Nogrod happened to answer her back, the character is called "Han Solo" itself, pretty convenient for an hint... but there's more to that. You'll notice Fea was herself making more and more questions, just like if she wanted to get more "evidence" against me. So, what is this about? I claim she plotted the whole thing from the beginning, to incriminate me. But why me? I should be just a silly newbie. The thing is, I was a last resort solution. Because she wanted to incriminate Lommy. But she isn't playing. So, she thought, why waste such a brilliant plan to break havoc in the game? And it happened.
Of course, all that tells us is that Fea is an evil mastermind. It says nothing about her alignment in this game - and I'm tempted to believe she's most probably innocent. But that leads us to another funny subject, "Save Fea!"

Most of you shall know this business better, but here's the pattern I noticed:

1. Fea acts suspiciously and puts herself in line for execution.
2. Fea's fan club panics and focus on a random lynch to save Fea from being executed.
3. The random lynchee turns out innocent. Now Fea may, or may not, be in even more danger.

So, it's not really efficient.

Making lists is a hard work. I discovered that while trying to make one, during the Night. Well, you can have this:

Likely innocent:
Lari, Fea, Rikae, Isa, Brinn (although she doesn't count because it seems she will always look innocent).

Likely evil:
Sally, Nog, Mira, Eonwe

I have no idea:
Durelin, Kath, TP, Nemo

----

that's all for now, going off for dinner.

(crossed since Nog's post 586330, probably there's a whole new page already)
No time to comment on this properly -Sorry!- so I'll try to keep it brief. I like his commentary on the "save Fea" thing, although I'll be the first to point out that his theory about Fea's vote seems rubbish to me. Fea's not going to accuse a newbie without a good reason. Then again, wanting her 'shadow' gone could have been a good enough reason for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hansy View Post
Okay. I decided I'm following my gut on this one.

++Nogrod

I don't like the way many of his posts sound; too calculated, too "polished" as he said itself. And I think he's trying to divert us on going after "cobblers" - just compare the time he spent analyzing Fea, then he throws an Izzy vote out of nowhere.
I wanted him to be around to give his thoughts on this; I'll come here later, myself.
Erm....I think I'm reading this wrong, but it sounds as if he's saying "Noggie doesn't want us going after the cobblers, so he's guilty." Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Still, I don't think that Noggie being 'polished' is a reason to kill him. He's always like that, so I'm hesitant to kill him for being himself, at least right away. Then again, I can never read Noggie, so I'm hardly the expert.

Okay, done finally. Posting and refreshing. X'd since my last.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:53 PM   #326
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Mnemosyne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
May as well do this before the xpost flurry...

++Kath

It's nothing personal, dear--you're remarkably coherent for a 1-am-er.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:55 PM   #327
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++ Sally

Because, she has made me feel uneasy about her. Her explanation/response did not change it. Especially her #309 post. It seemed to me that part of it said "Well, I don't see anything wrong, but since others have voted - there must be something there." The way it was said, it seemed like she would go back specifically looking for something to find that was wrong, so she could make a vote out of it. I could very well be over thinking it. But it was the tone in which it was said.

I don't feel comfortable voting for Kath or anyone else toDay, however I think Kath should be looked into toMorrow.

I think Mirandir needs a looking into toMorrow as well. Call me confused (which I am). But you say Kath has an "epic" analysis, which is way bigger than mine. But you put me on the "analysis=evil" list, yet not her. What is up with that?

X'd since #323
Old 02-23-2009, 11:57 PM   #328
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++Hansy

For reasons stated above, and general bad feelings about him.

I suppose if the ickle kitty turns out innocent I'll have to buy him a car or something to make up for it.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:57 PM   #329
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

So is Izzy's fate sealed already?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #330
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I think Mirandir needs a looking into toMorrow as well. Call me confused (which I am). But you say Kath has an "epic" analysis, which is way bigger than mine. But you put me on the "analysis=evil" list, yet not her. What is up with that?
Essentially what it boils down to is that I'm ridiculously over tired and you had more posts analyzing more things whereas she had one (or possibly two) reeeally long one.

++Mnem

Reasoning when it's not really close to deadline and I'm paranoid about missing it again.

Last edited by Mirandir; 02-23-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: xed with sally and the phantom
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #331
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++Nogrod

Reasons already have been stated. I find him to be very suspicious as of now and that's that.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #332
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

...Sure looks like it...

This should be interesting.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #333
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
So is Izzy's fate sealed already?
If everyone spreads out their votes like this, then yeah.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #334
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Meh...

++Nogrod

Just because I feel like it.

EDIT: xpost with at least last 2 posts
Old 02-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #335
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yeeeeah I think she's done.

EDIT: x'd with Phantom. Heh.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #336
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

And now, I shall attempt to predict the Night 3 events...

The Werewolves (Lari, Izzy, and Wilwa obviously) will use their kill on Nogrod, who is the White Queen. Attacking the White Queen means that you must sacrifice one of your pieces, so both sides lose someone.

The Black Queen, Rikae, attacks Kath, the White Bishop. But fortunately for her she is saved by Brin, the White Knight.

The Black Rook chooses to hunt Fea because she suspects that she is the second White Bishop that we weren't told about, and the Black Knight protects me, because after the Black Bishop dreamed of me on Night 1 it was revealed that I am the secret Fourth Werewolf (the Black King).

Now we just see if I'm right. Bets can be placed at your local Werewolf Sports Bar.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #337
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

--Sally
++Nog

Sorry, but I feel I need to make a more direct move to save myself, as my defense seems to have been overlooked.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #338
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

--Hansy

++Izzy

EDIT: Yeah, I meant to put my other bit in another post, but edited instead, so I put it where it belonged. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:02 AM   #339
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Red flags go up when someone sneaks in like that. I feel like crap, but I hate ties and for pity's sake, that looks suspicious, regardless of what I thought the rest of the Day.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #340
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

It was tied Sally. Why'd you break it? It would be awesome to have a tie every single day. You broke the streak.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #341
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
It was tied Sally. Why'd you break it? It would be awesome to have a tie every single day. You broke the streak.
I bloody hate ties. Unless they're wrapped around an unsuspecting boy's neck. Particularly if he's a certain Russian. (Inside joke, don't even try to read into it, darlings.)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-24-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #342
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I wouldn't of done it at all if people had read my defense and taken an honest look at things, in stead of just following others because of likea-bility.

Edit. 'sides ties are always fun and entertaining.
Sorry Shasta.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:05 AM   #343
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I wouldn't of done it at all if people had read my defense and taken an honest look at things, in stead of just following others because of likea-bility.

Sorry, Izzy. Feel like telling us what you were, since you're done for?

(And again, sorry, but it looked too underhanded to just pop in and put it in at the last possible second, though I may have done the same under the circumstances. Still....just looked too weird, and I had to act.)
Old 02-24-2009, 12:09 AM   #344
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

If everyone hadn't waited until the last possible second to vote....
I'm always selfish in werewolf - especially if I'm being lynched for silly reasons.

Pfft. Nope, you shall be waiting. xD
Old 02-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #345
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
If everyone hadn't waited until the last possible second to vote....
I'm always selfish in werewolf - especially if I'm being lynched for silly reasons.

Pfft. Nope, you shall be waiting. xD
Heh understandable.

Well *raspberries* to you too, then, Missy.

EDIT: The mod approaches. Hushabye....
Old 02-24-2009, 12:10 AM   #346
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sorry, I let the time get away from me. No more talking. I'll say who's to be lynched momentarily.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:23 AM   #347
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Day 2

Pieces moved, back and forth. Back and forth. Neither side gained the upper hand.

For a while, it looked like Isabellkya was in danger. Pieces of the opposite side congregated, all focusing on her...

But the tide turned, and Sauron lashed out unexpectedly, knocking poor Nogrod off the board.

With a Rook and now a Knight down, could Gandalf pull out a victory...?

Pieces:
Mirandir
Durelin
Feanor of the Peredhil
Isabellkya
the phantom
Brinniel
satansaloser2005
Lariren Shadow
wilwarin538
Rikae
Eonwe
Mnemosyne
Kath
Hansy

Taken:
Shasta - Ke3xe4, Night 1 (Moderator)
Gwathagor - d3xe4 (Lynched), Day 1 (White Pawn)
Eomer of the Rohirrim - Qd8xh4 (Killed), Night 2 (White Pawn)
Nerwen - Bc8xa6 (Killed), Night 2 (White Rook)
Nogrod - f6xg5 (Lynched), Day 2 (White Knight)
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 02-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #348
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Night 3

Sauron continued his onslaught of Gandalf by quickly moving one of his pieces, taking out another of Gandalf's pawns (this one with the soul of Mirandir).

Then, by clumsiness, one of the two wizards bumped the board. One of the pieces rocked for a moment, and seemed about to fall, but another piece moved at the last second. The falling piece clacked hard against the other piece and reversed its momentum, coming to a rocking halt back firmly on the board.

Pieces:
Durelin
Feanor of the Peredhil
Isabellkya
the phantom
Brinniel
satansaloser2005
Lariren Shadow
wilwarin538
Rikae
Eonwe
Mnemosyne
Kath
Hansy

Taken:
Shasta - Ke3xe4, Night 1 (Moderator)
Gwathagor - d3xe4 (Lynched), Day 1 (White Pawn)
Eomer of the Rohirrim - Qd8xh4 (Killed), Night 2 (White Pawn)
Nerwen - Bc8xa6 (Killed), Night 2 (White Rook)
Nogrod - f6xg5 (Lynched), Day 2 (White Knight)
Mirandir - Ba6xe2 (Killed), Night 3 (White Pawn)
Old 02-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #349
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My reaction to the end of yesterDay:

...the Utumno?!?
Old 02-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #350
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

So, a save was made... interesting.

I guess the Black Queen now knows the identity of a WereWolf.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #351
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The other thing is that apparently the Queen got blocked. Now, given previous narrations, I think it's safe to say that there's more going on in this game than we had reckoned.

But if the not-dead person was indeed a Black Knight save, that implies that whoever it was was evil. And since the Knight can't protect two days in a row...

Of course, that's too much for an innocent to hope for. I think it's still in the Queen's interest to keep those wolves around for a little while longer.

And yesterDay's lynch... my brain STILL hurts. No theories, of course; would love to see what others have to say.

Even though it appears that the cards are against us, we still need to do our best to catch those under Sauron's control, no matter what. Some speculation is good, especially because it says much about the speculators; but ultimately I can't let it distract me from attempting to sniff out WW's.

Also, Izzy, how does it feel to be alive?
Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 AM   #352
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Yeah, that didn't go so well yesterday. But of course it could have been worse.

And to be fair, Nog did turn out to be not normal, didn't he? The fact is I thought he was a bit different a few times throughout, but I worried about voicing suspicion in case he was a White Gifted rather than Black. I was getting both kind of vibes from him, so I just claimed he was innocent and put him on the back burner to be watched.

But when I saw that I could throw him into the voting mix, I made a split second decision- "You know, I'm gonna do it! He's been funny so let's just go ahead and see."

Plus I was wanting to save Izzy.

Anyway, this evening I finally got a chance to do a bit of digging (I've been far below my usual standards thus far when it comes to reading and rereading). And guess what? I found some interesting stuff and I feel like I'm on better footing now. The lynch will finally go favorably I think.

And you know Shasta has got to be entertained thus far. I mean just think of all the Werewolfing stars there are here. There's Fea, me... um, Fea, and.... me. And Fea of course. A regular VIP show right there, wouldn't you say, m'dear?
Old 02-25-2009, 12:11 AM   #353
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
There's Fea, me... um, Fea, and.... me. And Fea of course. A regular VIP show right there, wouldn't you say, m'dear?
Oh, you can just go straight to Mordor...

...oh, wait...
Old 02-25-2009, 12:12 AM   #354
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

About the lynch, there are a couple possibilities that spring easily to mind...

1) The White Queen's vote counts for more.

2) The White Queen is immune to the lynch and must be killed at night.

3) The White Queen cannot be killed on the first attempt.

Given that, I can't believe a certain someone is alive today. Do the WereCreatures really expect us to lynch in that direction.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:17 AM   #355
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Okay, so....yesterDay's lynch, eh? *eye twitches* Very interesting.

To business, though, if only briefly. A vote count for you lovely people, fully updated.

Day One Votes

Kath-->Nerwen at 6:36am
Fea-->Hansy at 4:37pm
Durie-->Sally at 4:39pm
Steve-->Gwath at 4:55pm
Eomer-->Sally at 6:18pm
Rikae-->Steve at 9:26pm
Hansy-->Fea at 9:45pm
Lari-->Nog at 10:17pm
Nog-->Fea at 10:25pm
Willa-->Steve at 10:36pm
Gwath-->Fea at 10:41pm
Izzy-->Gwath at 11:37pm
Sally-->Fea at 11:56pm
Mnemo-->Steve at 11:58pm
Phantom-->Gwath at 11:58pm
Brinn-->Gwath at 11:59pm

Did not vote: Mira

Day Two Votes

Willa-->Mnemo at 4:33pm
Noggie-->Izzy at 6:10pm
Kath-->Izzy at 7:21pm
Hansy-->Noggie at 7:31pm
Rikae-->Izzy at 7:50pm
Fea-->Izzy at 10:15pm
Lari-->Hansy at 10:50pm
Mnemo-->Kath at 11:53pm
Izzy-->Sally at 11:55pm
Sally-->Hansy at 11:57pm
Mira-->Mnemo at 11:58pm
Brinn-->Noggie at 11:58pm
Phantom-->Noggie at 11:59pm
Izzy-->Noggie at 12:00am
retraction of Izzy-->Sally at 11:55pm
Sally-->Izzy at 12:00am
retraction of Sally-->Hansy at 11:57pm
Did not vote: Durie, Steve
Old 02-25-2009, 12:18 AM   #356
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I still think there's something to be said for the fact that those initial Izzy votes were all so spread out early in the day, and all apparently arrived at by people who had "reasoned independently" and came to the same conclusion at the same time.

We now know one of them was Nog, a known innocent.

As I said, I don't know what was going on, but I didn't like the look of it. And I still don't, despite the fact that Nog did vote her.

phantom, if the White Queen's vote counts for more than an innocent's, that Day One tie may be helpful to those who want to find out her identity. But as you said there are other possibilities.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:27 AM   #357
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
phantom, if the White Queen's vote counts for more than an innocent's, that Day One tie may be helpful to those who want to find out her identity.
Sure, unless it doesn't work like that all the time. Perhaps it's a one-time special ability.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:30 AM   #358
Mnemosyne
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yeah... basically, we don't know and unless a miracle happens, won't find out till the end of the game. Better, IMO, to hunker down and get back to work. I'm still convinced there was at least one wolf in the group of Izzy voters. Coincidences like that don't happen.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:32 AM   #359
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnem
I still think there's something to be said for the fact that those initial Izzy votes were all so spread out early in the day, and all apparently arrived at by people who had "reasoned independently" and came to the same conclusion at the same time.

We now know one of them was Nog, a known innocent.

As I said, I don't know what was going on, but I didn't like the look of it. And I still don't, despite the fact that Nog did vote her.
I would agree with you if not for the fact that I'm liking Rikae, confident about Fea's goodness, and leaning towards Kath being a Goodie as well. But of course your leanings may be different than mine.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:35 AM   #360
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Well, I would just like to say that I thoroughly enjoy having my laptop back. It's so nice to not be on some rubbish machine from the Dark Ages, but instead to be on my lovely Hunter with his bright shiny screen and....oh, I dunno....working internet connection. I'm happy he's all better. It means I can at least attempt to play properly!

Sorry. Slight euphoria going on over here, that's all.

I'm again concerned by Brinn and Phantom's votes. Now I realize Phantom was being silly (and he did explain himself toDay) but that's two Days in a row in which Brinn has influenced the....oh my giddy aunt. Phantom may be right. And if anyone makes sense for the double vote power, it's her.

"Let me explain. No, there is too little time. Let me sum up."

I know I'm a bit thick but go with me on this one. Day One it was a tie between Gwath and Fea. Brinn put in her vote for Gwath at the last minute, and Gwath was the unfortunate loser of the tie. (What if it really wasn't a tie?) Day Two Izzy was technically ahead, but Brinn put in her vote for Noggie and he somehow managed to perish. (What if she pushed the vote into a tie?) I'm just saying. Shasta didn't mention a tie on the second Day, but if that's the case he wouldn't anyway, since it's a secret role.

Does that make sense to anyone else? Or should I don a white straitjacket and take Hunter to the happy home to post for the rest of the Day?

EDIT: x'd with Phantom

EDIT again: I kind of messed something up, so I had to sort of do the post over. Sorry if it's a tad different.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-25-2009 at 12:40 AM.