The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #361
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
the moddess giggles

What? You were expecting something else?
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #362
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post

Just popping in to say goodnight, goodnight, goodnight.
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:41 PM   #363
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Fortunately, maybe. It looks like there are clues. No telling if they will help us or not. Depends on the twisted-ness of Sally I suppose.

Maybe Mira wasn't a lover? Especially since the list has her as an ordo.

X'd since Lari's #359.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:43 PM   #364
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post

Maybe Mira wasn't a lover? Especially since the list has her as an ordo.
That may be, but she certainly has some connection with another player, given the narration.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #365
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

True.
It could've been an extra to her ordoness.
Since Legate's vote counted double when on a Cobbler or Duckie.

Though, we might find out toNight. Since it looks like the WereDucks knew of him.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #366
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
And shall I not attempt to find the perpetrators of the death of our lady fair?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #367
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Sometime too hot, the eye of heav'n shines...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 03-19-2009, 09:51 PM   #368
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

How canst I compare thee to a summer's day, when his gold complexion is often dimmed! Dear William, dear William, thou mak'st not a lick o' the sense!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:52 PM   #369
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Iago, Iago and the fair Desdemona... sonnets do not make peace with the number of ways I adore thee, Desdemona... Or even Kate the shrew! Kiss me, Kate, we'll be at thy family's abode Sunday!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:54 PM   #370
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

A pillow, and a knife, and out, out, thine Spot! Macbeth and the Lady, so fair-weather friends of old Duncan, and MacDuff was winner or loser.

We shall never know though the battle of the trees, what Macbeth thought when he realized that stout MacDuff was ne'er born of no woman, but then ripped henceforth from the womb.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #371
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Six is the number of this post; six, it being the number of the devil; six, it being such a mythological number...

Seven? Shall seven compare thee to a summer's day? Be it more lovely and more temperate?

Shall I? Shall he, she, or it? Shall I compare thee to one of dear Will's monologues? Shall I?

Or shall I not?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #372
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

o.O

Uh, Shasta?

You know this is a fictional Asylum, right?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:56 PM   #373
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Perhaps before the beginning of the wasting insanity, that plague, I should have called for that wicked way of the politick, the filibuster...
Old 03-19-2009, 09:58 PM   #374
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
o.O

Uh, Shasta?

You know this is a fictional Asylum, right?
Asylum? Asylum? Asylum! We are all mad here, lass, we with our swords, our lances, our bastinades, our greatswords, our hand-and-a-halfs, our staves, our knives - out out Spot! - our epee - aye, and saber and foil as well! - out weapons of thine mass destruction!

Hear ye, hear ye, for that is what the lass said.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #375
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
[...]out weapons of thine mass destruction!

Hear ye, hear ye, for that is what the lass said.
Haaaa!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #376
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It certainly suggests she was a lover, but for some reason Hamlet didn't go down with her. Perhaps because of our ranger...? Or we simply don't have traditional lovers. If we do have the traditional lovers, a werecreature and a non-werecreature...if the wolves killed one of their packmate's lover...?

I guess it's probably a waste of time to speculate on it...unless Mira was lover to a werecreature and we can follow a trail to them...which I doubt. The trail part anyway.

We need to look a bit at why the wolves picked Mira, too, of course. Maybe I'll have time to go over her posts a bit before I go to bed, but I'm definitely not staying up as late as I did at the start of yesterDay...

A note about yesterDay - I guess the double vote thing was what Legate was experimenting with. Bleh.

(Edit: Crossed with many...mostly Shasta.)
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:01 PM   #377
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Be thee dead? Be thee alive? Be thee anywhere about, come hither, come yon, come bear me safely home to mine own lady fair.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #378
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
It certainly suggests she was a lover, but for some reason Hamlet didn't go down with her. Perhaps because of our ranger...? Or we simply don't have traditional lovers. If we do have the traditional lovers, a werecreature and a non-werecreature...if the wolves killed one of their packmate's lover...?

I guess it's probably a waste of time to speculate on it...unless Mira was lover to a werecreature and we can follow a trail to them...which I doubt. The trail part anyway.

We need to look a bit at why the wolves picked Mira, too, of course. Maybe I'll have time to go over her posts a bit before I go to bed, but I'm definitely not staying up as late as I did at the start of yesterDay...

A note about yesterDay - I guess the double vote thing was what Legate was experimenting with. Bleh.

(Edit: Crossed with many...mostly Shasta.)
A tisket, a tasket, a basket full of rye
I wonder, yes I do, what has caught Durelin's eye?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:02 PM   #379
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shasta is certainly Hamming it up.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:03 PM   #380
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Haaaa!
I live to serve, I serve to live
What I have is amusement to give
I'm not really sure why I'm speaking in rhyme
But good golly, Miss Molly, I'm having such a time!
For when does one dance and appear off his head?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:04 PM   #381
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Shasta is certainly Hamming it up.
Alas, poor Durelin, I knew Ham well, a pork of infinite jest.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #382
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
That's really pretty clever.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #383
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Phantom! Oh, Phantom! Where be thine guiding presence? Dost mine Phantom wish me well?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #384
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
That's really pretty clever.
Clever is, as clever does, but clever and intelligent are two different things, says the virtuous fool.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:07 PM   #385
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastakespeare
*oink*
Old 03-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #386
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Quote:
Ok so I have to ask. For lovers if one dies the other dies? Or not? Because I thought it was if one gets killed by the wolves then the alive lover gets to have a revenge kill. Or is that just not the case?

Really to bed now.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #387
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
It certainly suggests she was a lover
Suggests, madam! Nay, it is; I know not "suggests".
Old 03-19-2009, 10:10 PM   #388
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
Ok so I have to ask. For lovers if one dies the other dies? Or not?
Break, my heart! But break, my heart, for I must hold my tongue.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #389
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Because I thought it was if one gets killed by the wolves then the alive lover gets to have a revenge kill.
I'll speak to it though Hell itself should gape
And bid me hold my peace.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #390
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
For lovers if one dies the other dies? Or not? Because I thought it was if one gets killed by the wolves then the alive lover gets to have a revenge kill.
That's how I thought lovers worked in previous games here...but that doesn't mean anything. It might well be the revenge thing in this game because we only have one lover down...if Mira was a lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I'll be back later with detailed reasoning on why each and every one of you could have killed Mira.
Is this then sorta a warning maybe?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #391
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

But to my mind, — though I am native here
And to the manner born, — it is a custom
More honour'd in the breach than the observance.

...Or in the observance, rather than the breach, if thou tak'st my meaning.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #392
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

To one of you:

O, villain, villain, smiling, darned villain!
My tables, — meet it is I set it down,
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #393
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

And to that I say -

The time is out of joint; O cursed spite,
That ever I was born to set it right!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:19 PM   #394
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

The time is out of joint - ay, the time, the time!

You cannot, you will not take from me anything that I will more willingly part withal — except my life — except my life — except my life.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #395
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Wellll, looks like this is going to be a long day...
Old 03-19-2009, 10:21 PM   #396
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world: now could I drink hot blood,
And do such bitter business, as the day
Would quake to look on.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #397
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Wellll, looks like this is going to be a long day...
As I said, fair Durelin, the time is out of joint. Into my grave I shall walk, ere sun breaks the dawn fair.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:25 PM   #398
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Quote:
As I said, fair Durelin, the time is out of joint. Into my grave I shall walk, ere sun breaks the dawn fair.
Oh dang!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:26 PM   #399
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I die, Gwathagor;
The potent poison quite o'er-crows my spirit:
I cannot live to hear the news from England;
But I do prophesy the election lights
On Durelin: she has my dying voice;
So tell her, with the occurrents, more and less,
Which have solicited. The rest is silence.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:40 PM   #400
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Other person significant to Night events?
Your mom is significant to night events.